Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 426
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Ruins of Azlant IC


    After six long weeks, this morning the crew of the Peregrine sighted land to the west. A few hours later, the Peregrine sails into a natural bay with a sandy beach within rowing distance for the ship’s boats. As the crew begins to untie one of the smaller boats to lower it into the water, the sailors pass a spyglass among themselves and finally hand it back to the captain. Captain Jacob Markosi peers at the island for a moment before grunting and handing the spyglass to expedition leader Ramona Avandth. "You should see this", he says quietly.

    Ramona accepts the spyglass and peers toward the shore. When she lowers the scope, she is clearly distressed but trying to hide her worry. She approaches and motions toward the far side of the deck, away from where most of the other colonists have congregated. "Can I have a word with you?" she asks.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    Laurelata had been waiting for a chance to get back on dry ground. She had liked the trip on the ship, at least as soon as her seasickness had gone after a day or so. But still she would be happy to go ashore. When the expedition leader motioned for her and some others to come over, she wondered what was going on.
    "What's up," she casually asked.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DaOldeWolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    Hewitt was thinking about his plans for the future. He wondered about the competition he would find on this new land though he also hoped this could open the possibility for investors too. It was important to find resources to fund his establishment and make deals with the local community. All this time, he had been trying to keep a low profile to avoid issues on the travel. His ears twitched as he was requested to follow Ramona. He got excited by the prospect of attention from the leader of this expedition. He waited in silence to hear what she had to say.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.

    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    It can also turn into a Star wars debate.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    Weeks on a boat have kept Tazmara in a mood. When she left Taggoret for the first time and saw the open sky... well that was just... unnatural. But over years, she grew used to it. The journey on the boat thrust something that seemed as vast as the sky underneath her... openness above and below. Many of the passengers spent the first weeks retching out their meals. A part of her almost wished that the same fate had struck her. Never having been on a boat and thoroughly disturbed by the whole concept, and yet... her body felt fine. The gentle sway never made her ill or even lose her balance, instead, despite her mind's protests that this was the most alien thing she had ever encountered, it was soothing. In those moments when she stared out over the endless sea and monotony quelled the tumult of her mind, she felt at peace. During this journey, the gentle rock of the boat had her sleeping more soundly than she had in her entire life.

    On the deck with land in sight, Taz is eager to begin her new life. Despite the calm of her body, her mind longs for solid ground beneath her feet (and over her head for that matter). But Ramona's expression brings a frown to her face. She tries to think of an obvious source for the woman's distress, but after long seconds just asks directly, "what is wrong?"
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2020-01-18 at 01:34 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maryland :(
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    Surprised to find herself chosen for this mission, Jessica went above and beyond to share some time with everyone on the ship as they made their long journey into the sea. Some of the crew warmed to her immediately, though it always seemed a few of the more friendly men had other things on their mind that friendly banter and camaraderie. Still others remained aloof, which bothered the young priestess to no end. Very used to being well-liked, she tried hard not to take it personally when Ramona called her "soft." Still, maybe I am too soft for this, she spend many evenings wondering into the stars.

    When the hard-backed leader of this wave singled her out specifically to join the small band a few extra feet from prying eyes, Jessica's eyes widened almost comically? Me? she mouthed, dumbstruck. At the woman's curt nod, she hurries forward, now clad in simple (if much too revealing) linen breeches and an uncomfortable tunic. She pries a finger into the collar of the leathery shift with a grimace, already pining for the once-supple skin being so callously hardened. The concern obvious on Ramona's face draws her attention back to the issue at hand. "How can I help?" she asks, demurely.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    As his iron boots stepped onto the deck Marius readjusted his armor and shield. The last weeks were exciting but trying times. Anya taught him how to sail, or at least to be a useful member of the crew. She taught him many valuable skills, day-to-day things that he never was told at home. Marius was a coddled child, and never spent much time among equals. His job was twofold. Protect his shipmates, and lead or help lead expeditions exploring the island itself.

    Reaching his final destination, the young man was excited beyond belief. There had been people making landfall before him, but this was still a nearly untamed wilderness to the people of the Inner Sea. The worried words of his superior officer ruined this excitement.

    Why? What is it, chief?

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC


    "We have a problem." Ramona hands you the spyglass. As you take turns looking through it at the island, she continues, her voice low. "Something is wrong. There's no smoke from cook fires or the smithy. And nobody's in sight." Looking through the spyglass, you can confirm her observations. "Sailors can't keep their mouths shut. Soon all the other colonists are going to hear about this - if they can’t see for themselves already - and things could become… tense. I cannot just land people there without first checking whether it's safe... or, preferably, ensuring it's safe. How about I volunteer you for the task? You can name your conditions, as long as they are reasonable."

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    "I have a few," Laurelata said, "I would say resources to do the job, like rations if we have to stay out a couple of days and replacement of resources we spent doing the job, for example arrows and such. Also healing should we need it. And I would like to start an inn in this colony, so if possible, first dibs on location and some help in building it."
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DaOldeWolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    Hewitt thinks about what he could ask in this situation. Even if he was in an advantageous position, he thinks its better to work for the long term. Knowing that she was an influential person, he decides to ask for a couple of simple things. "I will gladly help. I have just a couple of requests. As a rafolk, we dont always give the best first impressions. May I ask you to give a good word with any merchants you may know of? Perhaps an introduction with ny of them if possible?"

    Hewitt gives her a couple of seconds to think about it before he continues. "As for a second request, any payment you might consider fair for my services would do." Hewitt doesnt mind much payment but he knew he had to start gaining money if he was to fulfill his mission on this land.
    Last edited by DaOldeWolf; 2020-01-19 at 10:56 AM.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.

    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    It can also turn into a Star wars debate.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    Negotiating terms? When people could be in danger? Marius is appalled, but no stranger to debating terms of engagement. How about we help you first and you make it clear to anyone in the following months that we were responsible for helping. Help build my reputation here.

    Marius looks at the small rodent person. You're right, Hewitt. A bit of fair payment would be welcome too.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    Taz scowls, her dissappointment growing as she gazes at the colony through the spyglass searching for something, anything, to indicate what might be going on. Just my luck... a new beginning, a new problem, she thinks to herself, slightly shaking her head as she passes the spyglass on to Jessica.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception to search for any clue through the glass of where to start looking: (1d20+5)[9]


    "I am happy to help, but I don't have even have two coppers to rub together. I had expected to build up some capital working and get more basic supplies in the first weeks. So, rations, backpack, and bedroll now; fair compensation later - you are welcome to deduct the supplies from that." She pauses before adding to the colony's leader, "for what it's worth - I think this is the right call. We all need to know what is going on. We should have some way for us to signal you too... a smokestick, maybe?"

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maryland :(
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    Jessica takes the spyglass from the Dwarf woman with a nod and mouthed thanks, miss, before turning her gaze coastward. She peers carefully while Ramona answers her companions questions, saved for the moment from the awkwardness of potentially upstaging her companions by asking nothing in return. After all, I'm here to be helpful, and provide comfort and spiritual guidance. What better way than joining the first shore party to engender some trust?

    She lowers the implement, trying hard to master her features such that the villagers aren't given any more reason to fear than they already have. She simply shakes her head to the negative at Ramona, before adding as an afterthought, "Just don't leave us there to die, if this all goes south?" With a determined expression, she hurries belowdecks to retrieve her glaive, and rejoins the group- still unarmored, but at least truly armed now.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    "I think you wouldn't need to stay there at night until... well, at least not today. We'll see how it goes. The ship will wait for you here and we will keep an eye on you. You can return at any time for any reason and will be provided food, healing, rest and equipment as required. No guarantees about sending in another boat if something happens to you. We might, but, on the other hand, we have to limit our losses. I will give you some healing potions and scrolls. These are yours to have however it turns out. There will be a monetary reward, which I cannot specify at the moment - It will depend on what you find and what you deal with. It looks like you'll have to trust me on that. All other requests are granted."

    Spoiler
    Show
    You get up to 200gp worth of healing potions and/or scrolls. Ramona recommends taking at least two potions, but that is your choice.
    You get up to 25gp worth of mundane gear, including arrows, smokesticks and the like. You don't have to max it out right now - you can come back to the ship when you know what you actually need.

    If you agree to the terms, specify what you are taking, who is taking it, and get into the boat. Two medium people to row.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    "Fine for me," Laurelata said. As they got their choice of equipment and healing, Laurelata only put aside some arrows for her when she came back, as taking too many arrows would be too much weight and they would only get in the way. For healing she looked at the options.
    "I would go with four potions," she suggested to the others, "we can each carry one except Jessica as she has her own healing and we can use them in the worst case to put her back on her feet for extra healing where needed."
    Last edited by farothel; 2020-01-20 at 01:53 PM.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    Tazmara nodded, “of course. I am happy to help out.” She turns to the others and says, “we should each bring a days worth of food just in case. I don’t want to have to head back here just because I start feeling a bit peckish.” After a few moments of staring out at the colony again, she adds, “guess I should go don my armor too - who knows what we’ll find…”

    ———

    After suiting up, she heads to find Brady the quartermaster. Though most call her “Bean Counter Brady,” Taz can’t bring herself to do that. "Hi Brady. Ramona wants me going ashore, and I need some supplies. I need a backpack, a silk rope - 50 ft should do, a waterskin, and a waterproof bag. A days worth of rations too, if you’d be so kind." She puts the rope and ration into the bag, adds that to the backpack and tosses the waterskin on top. She shoulders the pack with a nod to Brady, and heads topside.

    Spoiler
    Show
    13.5 gp worth of gear + 5 cp of rations.


    ———

    On the deck by the boat, Taz says, “I probably could row, but,” she waves her gloved hands, “short arms,” shakes both legs in succession, “short legs. I’d probably not be the best choice.”

    Spoiler
    Show
    Once others start rowing Taz will subtly propel the boat with basic aquakinesis. There won't be any indication that she is doing anything though. From the wording in the description, I would assume that to be equivalent to having a third rower with 19 strength.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maryland :(
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    Jessica nods attentively as Ramona explains their situation. Her face turns down a hair when she hears no guarantee of a rescue. With ever-increasing trepidation, she eyes the four who are apparently to become her closest companions. Silently wondering still if she's the right choice, the young priestess finds herself nodding along with Laurelata's suggestion. "That makes... sense," she says- a sudden crack in her voice betraying her unease. As the others don armor and seek after additional equipment, Jessica returns to her sleeping quarters only briefly to recover her glaive and backpack. She carefully re-binds the bag, with her perfume and pyrography kit carefully nestled into an innermost pocket, and surrounded by a bundle of clothing to keep them dry.

    She returns to the deck before most of her companions, and stands at the rail near the skiff. She watches the shore with an unreadable mess of expressions. One moment she looks terrified, the next awkwardly excited, and periodically she makes obvious effort to mask her emotions- never succeeding for long.

    When the other four of the shore party return, she steps awkwardly into the boat first. "I can help row," she offers, with a more forceful voice than intended- obviously, she's still struggling to figure out how she feels about this particular venture.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Jessica's probably not the strongest, but at 14 str she's above average.
    She won't fight hard for the privilege, but she won't shirk away from manual labor either. I plan on commenting about the roughness of the oars against her soft hands, if given the chance. ^_~

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    Marius was well prepared, maybe overly well. Like a student on his first day to his master, Marius brought EVERYTHING. The young man was significantly slowed down by a titanic backpack, but it didn't seem to affect him much. Sure he was slower than usual but perfectly fine otherwise.

    I suggest I take Laurelata with me, and you three share another boat. This backpack will otherwise be our early doom. he jokes, patting what appears to be a complete household crammed into a bag with straps on it. At least I could convince father to leave the tent at home.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DaOldeWolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    Hewitt is glad to receive recognition from Marius but decides it would be for the best to thank him at a later point. As soon as Ramona shows her proposal, Hewitt tries his best to hide his surprise when he sees all the resources given at their disposal. He decided to just have the two potions for the time being. He wasnt one to go carrying more than what was necessary and he preferred to travel light. "I humbly appreciate your assistance, Miss Ramona. I am sure that with everything put at our disposal, our chances for sucess have risen."
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.

    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    It can also turn into a Star wars debate.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    "Thank you, Jessica," Taz replies geniunely grateful, if a bit surprised that the woman would volunteer for physical labor. When Marius suggests splitting into different boats, Taz disagrees, "I think we can all easily fit in the one. Unless that pack is full of lead or gold, I think we'll float. You do look to be the strongest among us though, perhaps you'd be willing to row?"

    Spoiler: @Spore
    Show
    Would you mind putting thought in italics and "speech in quotes"? I can't tell what Marius is thinking vs saying.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    Laurelata also grabbed her gear and put on her armour. Except for the healing potions, she only grabbed a couple of torches. Not that it was dark at the moment, but you could never be sure where and when they would end up. So it was better to be prepared. In the row boat she put herself at the pointy end and grabbed her bow, just in case.
    "I'll stand guard," she said, "well, more like sit guard."
    Standing in the small boat while it rowed across the waves at the beach would be difficult, but with a shortbow that wasn't a big deal.
    If you could shoot one from horseback, you should be able to shoot one sitting in a boat.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DaOldeWolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    Hewitt remembers an important detail to consider especially since they were going into the unknown. "Oh! I almost forgot. Can you give me a minute after we reach land? I have to fetch our last team member. It wont take long, I promise. I will need to just be covered up in the meantime" Hewitt asks the rest of the group. Hewitt hadnt called for Lightburn in the days of the travel to avoid any undesirable attention but considering the situation they were in, it was better to put all the cards on the table for safety.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.

    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    It can also turn into a Star wars debate.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    You climb down a rope ladder into the boat. Marius and Jessica take the oars, Laurelata sits guard in the forward end, Hewitt and Tazmara sit in rear end. The bay's waters are reasonably calm and somewhat murky. The shore is approximately three hundred feet to the east, where a lonely dock is built off a sandy beach. You row the boat towards it. The are quite a few people onboard of Perigrine looking at you seemingly curious about how it will turn out. The dock is about fifty feet away when Laurelata notices two shapes down in the water just ahead of the boat and near the bottom of the bay, about ten feet under the surface, quickly overtaking the boat and turning up to surface.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Something underwater stealth: (1d20+14)[21]
    Something underwater stealth: (1d20+14)[15]
    Hewitt perception: (1d20+0)[13]
    Tazmara perception: (1d20+5)[8]
    Laurelata perception: (1d20+7)[24]
    Hewitt and Tazmara are distracted, because you don't really look back under the water this close to the shore. The rowers simply do not get to see a thing.

    Something underwater initiative: (1d20+2)[15]
    Laurelata initiative: (1d20+9)[15]
    Hewitt initiative: (1d20+2)[8]
    Marius initiative: (1d20+2)[6]
    Jessica initiative: (1d20+2)[22]
    Tazmara initiative: (1d20+2)[14]
    Spoiler: Laurelata
    Show
    Something octopusy and clearly smaller than yourself, if you don't count by total length.

    => Laurelata (surprise round)

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    => Laurelata (surprise round)
    "Some sort of large squid below us," Laurelata shouted to the others as she tracked it with her bow. She knew her arrows wouldn't do much underwater, so she had to wait until it came up or moved away, tracking it, ready to let go as soon as it attacked one of them or the boat.

    Spoiler: OOC actions
    Show

    I'm going to ready an attack that as soon as the thing appears to attack one of the characters or the boat, I would shoot (as except against the boat it has to come up with at least some of it's arms.
    Even though Laurelata doesn't have knowledge (nature) she has lived almost her entire life in a coastal town, so she should have an idea of what a squid looks like (and how to make great calamares )
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    The two bodies quickly surface from the murk of the water, revealing themselves to be some sort of goblin-octopus hybrids armed with barbed sharktooth spears. They attack without hesitation just as Laurelata releases the bowstring. This results in an arrow flying in one direction and a lot of spear thrusts in another direction, but as the outcome no one seems to be hurt.


    Spoiler: Know (dungeoneering, seriously) 11
    Show
    These are grindylows. You know something about grindylows.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Laurelata shortbow: (1d20+3)[9] for (1d6)[1]
    Grindylow spear charge: (1d20+5)[9] for (1d6+1)[2]
    Grindylow spear charge: (1d20+5)[11] for (1d6+1)[7]
    Grindylow spear AoO: (1d20+3)[8] for (1d6+1)[6]
    Grindylow spear AoO: (1d20+3)[6] for (1d6+1)[5]


    Unless you keep rowing at 10 fteet per a combined move action of Marius and Jessica, we will assume that the boat will move 10 feet this round and 5 feet next round, after which it will remain stationary. Jessica's pic broke again, so she's just a letter for now.

    => Jessica and Laurelata (any order)

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    "Just great," Laurelata muttered. They were too close to use her bow, so she dropped that in the boat, drew her rapier and tried to stab one of the two.

    Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

    free action: drop bow
    move action: draw rapier
    standard action: attack.

    to hit: (1d20+3)[15]
    damage: (1d6)[3]

    if critical hit:
    to hit: (1d20+3)[21]
    damage: (2d6)[4]
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maryland :(
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    Jessica rises suddenly, warned by Laurelata's call. She looks around briefly, snatching her glaive from where it lies near her feet, and lashes out at the squidling on the port side of the skiff. "What the heck is that!?" she cries, startled by the creature's sudden ferocity. For what she already hopes is the last time, she lashes out with the blade, the movements instinctive.

    Spoiler: Round 1, Jessica
    Show
    Jessica Cooper
    F NG Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Cleric, Level 1, Init 2, HP 9/9, DR Acid, Cold, Elec resist 5, Speed
    AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 13, Fort 3, Ref 1, Will 4, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 0
    Glaive +2 (1d8+3, x3)
    Dagger +2/+1 (1d4+1, 19-20,x2)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 16
    Condition +2 CL for divination spells
    Augery 2/2 (weekly)
    Inner beauty: 1/1
    Alter self: 1/1
    Channel energy: 8/8, 1d6
    Touch of good: 5/5
    Bit of Luck: 5/5

    Jessica is already in reach of the nearer thing. She'll move action to draw the glaive, and standard to attack:
    (1d20+2)[13] attack
    (1d20+2)[7] crit confirmation (nat 20, x3)
    (1d8+3)[9] damage
    (2d8+6)[16] crit bonus, if applicable.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    Laurelata draws a rapier and tries to attack the aquatic creatures. She hits only water. Jessica stands up and swings her glaive, with the same effect. The boat, driven by inertia, continues forward. As the boat brings the rowers closer to the opponents, they attack with their spears and flailing tentacles, but, luckily, to no real effect.

    Spoiler
    Show
    It's -2 to attack in melee while seated, so a miss. Standing up, as it turns up, also has its downsides.

    Grindylow spear: (1d20+3)[7] for (1d6+1)[3] vs Jessica
    Grindylow trip: (1d20+4)[10] vs Jessica
    Grindylow spear: (1d20+3)[11] for (1d6+1)[5] vs Marius
    Grindylow trip is ineffective vs Marius


    Currently, only Jessica is standing.

    => Party (everyone, any order)

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    Taz rises to her feet, balancing the boat against Jessica's own rise. As she has done often before, she lets that part of her reach within and grasp onto the elemental plane of water. As the connection forms, she grits her teeth as the power rages through her. She draws from that brief connection to the otherworldly raging torrent - and, like a dam bursting, a forceful jet of water bursts from her outstretched hand toward the goblinpus.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move to stand (Acrobatics if needed for balance: (1d20+7)[12])

    Standard action: Kinetic blast (water) attack: (1d20-1)[3] (+3 - 4 for enemy in melee) Damage: (1d6+6)[11]


    Spoiler: Character Details
    Show
    Tazmara Stonesong
    F NG Dwarf Kineticist (Aquakineticist), Level 1, Init 2, HP 13/13, Speed 20
    AC 15, Touch 12, Flat-footed 13, CMD 13, Fort 6, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0
    PBS Water Blast +3 (1d6+6, x2)
    Heavy Pick +1 (1d6+1, x4)
    Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +2 Dex)
    Burn 0/7

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DaOldeWolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    Hewitt is disgusted by the view of such creatures. "Are those ugly things part of the native fauna of this region? What are they?" Hewitt replies as he draws out his scimitar. Whatever the case, he had to help get rid of those things since they were attacking them without provocation. Hopefully, magic wouldnt be necessary to deal with the foul creatures.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Using my move action to draw out my weapon. Cursed 0 BAB.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.

    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    It can also turn into a Star wars debate.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

    Grindylows. Father told me about them, think goblin-squids. Marius says as he twohands his paddle and tries to bash one's head in.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+2)[6] -2 for sitting, minus whatever nasty penalty I also have. (I assume a paddle is a club/quarterstaff).
    Damage (1d20+4)[20]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •