New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default [PF2] IC Rise of the Runelords: Chapter 1

OOC Thread

“Welcome! As many of you know, my name is Kendra Deverin, and I am proud to serve as the mayor of Sandpoint. It’s wonderful to see so many of you here to join us on this proud day. I would like to personally extend my welcome to the many new faces I see in the crowd, and I hope you all are enjoying your stay in this fine town. To all of the familiar faces I see today, thank you for participating in our ceremony and doing all you can for this town in recent years. Ah! I see that even Larz Rovanky has torn himself away from his work to join us! It is truly a miracle from Desna herself!” a small chuckle erupts throughout the crowd, and many turn to look at a serious-looking man wearing a sour expression on his face. The mayor waves to him and continues, “Without further ado, let me introduce our sheriff, Belor Hemlock!”

A dour looking man wearing a worn breastplate and longsword stands and walks to the center of the stage. His head is shaved, and his eyes are constantly moving about the crowd. He shakes the mayor's hand and begins to speak, “Thank you Mayor Deverin. Even in the heat of celebration, let us not forget the sad events that brought us to this day five years ago. I would like everyone to join me in a moment of silence to remember those who were lost in the fire that claimed our previous chapel that fateful night,” the sheriff lowers his head, and the crowd joins him, many of them quite awkwardly as the silence persists. After the moment is over, the sheriff raises his head and begins to speak again, “In remembering, let us also not allow these events to repeat themselves. I understand that a bonfire is planned for tonight. I urge you all to observe caution during this event,” the mayor nudges him, and he clears his throat and smiles awkwardly, “And don’t forget to enjoy yourselves. Now, let me introduce the next speaker: Cyrdak Drokkus, proprietor of the local theatre.”

He nods to the crowd and walks back to his chair, passing the next speaker who is already on his way to center stage. In quite a contrast to the Sheriff: this man is brightly dressed, sports a well-groomed goatee, and seems to be thoroughly enjoying the day. As he reaches the center stage, he loosens his collar a bit, winks into the crowd, and starts to talk, “Thank you for that uplifting oratory! Now, I know this town has been through some hard times, but look at what we've accomplished!”, he motions towards the church, “And I'm telling you, they spared no expense with this place. Father Zantus' chamber pot? Solid gold, I kid you not. Our generous nobles put a pretty into the construction of this joint. I even heard a rumor that the Gods themselves scrounged up four gold pieces to help build this thing! But don't take it from me! Father Zantus over here is the one with the direct line; he's the one you want to hear from! Before I let him start the festival, I would like to take this opportunity to extend my personal invitation to each and every one of you for my new production of The Harpy's Curse, starring the world-famous Allishanda! It'll premier tomorrow evening at the Sandpoint Theatre, and it is going to be fabulous! Now, join me in applause for his holiness himself, Father Zantus!”

The crowd cheers as Cyrdak motions the priest to the center stage. The young priest is noticeably abashed at the reception set up for him. He wears the traditional ceremonial robes of Desna and a silver holy symbol about his neck. He smiles and tries to calm the crowd down, eventually speaking when the applause has subsided, “Ahem. Thank you Cyrdak, and thank all of you for coming to join us on this most holy day! Today is a day of new beginnings, so without boring you with a long speech, I declare the Swallowtail Festival officially underway!”

Before a late lunch, various festival events are being held. You may perform in as many or as little as you want. The prize for winning is a simple wooden trophy with your name carved into it, and bragging rights, of course.

Spoiler: Festival Games
    Show
    Game of Hide and Seek
    Contestants must choose to hide or seek; they cannot do both. Hiders make a Stealth check to hide, and seekers make an opposed Perception check for every hider. Seekers search the town for good spots once and use the same bonus for all their rolls.
    Both hiders and seekers may make a DC 10 Sandpoint Lore check to find a good spot to hide/look. For every two points above the DC, contestants gain a +1 bonus to their check. Contestants may look again, but doing so increases the DC by two every time. Contestants use the best bonus when making their hide/seek check.

Weight Lifting Challenge
    Contestants make a DC 15 Strength check to initially pick up the weights, then they compete to be the last one standing. Starting at DC 10 and increasing by two every round, contestants make a Strength check to hold the weights. If they fail the Strength check, they may make a Constitution check using the same DC to endure the weight for one more round.
    After failing the Constitution check, or one round after succeeding the Constitution check, the contestant drops the weight to the ground.

Balance Beam Contest
    Each contestant performs three tricks, and their final score is the sum of their two highest scoring tricks.
    Contestants first decide how many points their trick is worth, then make an Acrobatics check to execute the trick. The DC is 10 + 2 for every point the trick is worth. If contestants fail their Acrobatics check by five or more, they fall into the water below and are disqualified.
    After executing a trick, contestants make a DC 10 visual Performance check to determine how well their trick was executed. For every two points above the DC, the contestant gains one bonus point for that trick.

Tug of War Event
    Contestants must choose one of two teams to join for the event, and each team must choose a leader; the other contestants are called supporters.
    Each round, the leaders make opposed Strength checks, including their special size modifier (-1 for Small, +0 for Medium) in the roll. The supporters make either a DC 10 Strength check to help pull or Charisma check to motivate their team. For every two points above the DC, the leader gains a +1 bonus to their roll.
    The leader that wins the check pulls the opposing team toward the center by one foot plus one for every five points above the opposing roll. The first team to be pulled three feet toward the center loses.
    Last edited by Faolan7; 2020-08-16 at 10:11 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [PF2] IC Rise of the Runelords: Chapter 1

Aeryn thar Varendiil, Human Evoker
    AC: 15 | HP: 15 | Class DC: 17
    Fortitude: +4 | Reflex: +5 | Will: +7 | Perception: +5
    Conditions: None.

Aeryn wasn't much for festivals, faires, or celebration, but he did know how to drink, and how to hold his alehouse swill, which is exactly what was in the tankard he had in his hands as the stuffed shirt leadership of Sandpoint made their grandiose speeches. The swill was from the Fatman's Feedbag, the tavern he was supposed to meet his Sczarni contact at. It was his third, one for breakfast with his crusty loaf, one after breakfast to wash down some cheap stew, and this, his third, while he wandered the streets, taking in the crowd.

Maybe it was the Feedbag's swill, or maybe it was a combination of the sun and the crisp autumn air, but Aeryn felt something of nostalgia flood his body while wandering the streets of Sandpoint, taking in the festival and the various games, the activites of the crowd and the excitement of children. A couple children were looking at his staff with wide eyes, so, on a whim, he produced a vivid green apple from his sleeve, went to bit into it, and it evaporated into a puff of glitter and smoke, which he then blew towards them, so they could smell the scent of fresh, tart, apples. Their laughs caught him off guard, so while the children's fathers all began to congregate at the tug of war, he distracted an ever growing crowd of children with simple prestidigitation, sleight of hand and the least of his magics.

Setting his, now, empty tankard beside him, he began juggling small balls of blue green fire, that he would then toss towards a young urchin, only to have it evaporate into smoke. The clink of a copper into his cup caught his attention, and he figured, what the hell, and began to put on a show for the children.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2020-08-16 at 06:43 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

You develop quite the audience after a few hours of performing. It is mostly children and their parents watching, however, a number of adults come to watch after hearing word of a magician. Your fireballs consistently startle their targets, making them fall backward into the crowd, but after recovering from the jumpscare, they begin laughing with the rest of the crowd.

After you finish your performance, you find that you've collected 20 copper coins in your tankard, as well as the attention of Sandpoint's citizens.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The crowd was disconcerting to Torrik. He'd been her just once before. Just a ten-day ago the place had had less than a quarter of the humans, even during the market's busy time. And he'd had no trouble then in crossing the square. Now though, the orc's senses were overwhelmed by the bright decorations, noise and crowd. And where normally he would expect people to move out of his path just out of sheer discomfort, now there was nowhere for any of them to go. And many were just simply not even aware of him until he tried to push past them.

He's only gotten a quarter of the way through when the crowd seemed to hush as a whole and the speeches began. Torrik had trouble keeping up with the nuances of the common tongue at any time, but now seemed worse due to the distance and echoing across the square. Still, he turned and tried to listen for now, especially as it had suddenly become nearly impossible to make any progress whatever. He decided that this was some sort of victory celebration and judging by the applause at the end of each speech the excitement seemed to ramp up even more. Then the last person spoke and everything seemed to erupt. The crowd seemed to shift and move of it's own accord, taking the orc along with it.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Entros, half-elven ranger

Entros sat up on the roof a nearby building, giving a perfect vantage of the speeches without having to push through throngs of visitors and celebrators. As he gazed across the other rooftops, he saw a smattering of like minded individuals. Locals knew about this trick, even if it was normally limited to just the town youth. Entros had spent enough time up here when he was a lad to remember it even after five long years.

The speeches were still boring, but a necessary evil to get to the Festival. As the mayor spoke, the half-elf’s mind wandered, thinking back to the last time he was here. He had spent the whole day prior to the festivities working down near the docks for coopers, hoping to have some money for sweets and treats. But that night, his step father burst into his room and stole his not-so-well hidden stash ... and then gave him a couple of snacks on the head. Entros still went to the Festival, but had to sneak and steal his treats.

Shaking his head at the bittersweet memories, he thought back to yesterday, when he had tried to find his parents. Even though he hoped to find some closure, it turned out his mother and step-father had mov d three years ago, last heard to be headed to Magnimar. It looked like he would have to wait to confront his personal demons.

”Thank you Cyrdak, and thank all of you for coming to join us on this most holy day! Today is a day of new beginnings, so without boring you with a long speech, I declare the Swallowtail Festival officially underway!”

Blinking, Entros watched as the crowd erupted in cheers. He sat for a bit, letting the crowds disperse before he slipped down to join the revelers. He wasn’t really up to playing any games, but he did pause to watch the strength completion.

OOC - Just a quick intro...
    Spoiler: Details
    Show
    AC: 17 HP 20 Initiative +2
    Saves: Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 Move 30’
    Skills: Nature (T) +4; Survival (T) +4; Lore: Herbalism (T) +3; Athletics (T) +5; Stealth (T) +4; Acrobatics (T) +4; Religion (T) +4; Lore: Ogres (T) +3
    Class: Hunt Prey (gain bonuses against selected prey); Hunter's Edge: Flurry (Multi-attack pen is -3 (-2 w/agile) on 2nd attack, then -6 (-4 w/agile) on third)
    Feats: Natural Ambition (AF, gain 1st lvl class feat); Twin Takedown (CF, attack twice, add damage vs resistance); Gravity Weapon (CF, gain FP1 and ability to cast spell); Natural Medicine (GF, use Nature to Treat Wounds); Fleet (GF, Gain 5’ speed)
    Weapons: Light hammer (+76, 1d6+3B, Agile, Thrown 20’), Bastard sword (+6, 1d8+3S, 2H 1d12+3S), shortbow (+5, 1d6P, 60’ Rng, Deadly 1d10)
    Effects: Low-Light vision
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Aeryn lifted his tankard as he bowed to the crowd, "Let it not be said that the good people of Sandpoint are unkind, or unwelcome to strangers in their midst, to their fair town!" He nodded his thanks, and noticing several watchers on nearby roofs, an cunning method to observe the festivities with an unobstructed view of the events. He climbed to the nearby roof, and began to scan for his contact.

He noted the man on the opposite side of the peaked roof, noded his head. "I'd offer you a drink, but I am afraid my tankard has been empty since noon. For your hospitality, and the sharing of this fine roof, I would be grateful for the opportunity to buy you a tankard this afternoon." He extended a hand towards Entros, "Varendiil," a pause, "Aeryn thar Varendiil."

7. - Top - End - #7

GnomeWizardGuy

The orc eventually found a clearing of sorts over the heads of the crowd. He couldn't see what was happening, but feeling oddly claustrophobic, he pushed his way through until he found himself out of the press of people. One glance around was all it took to realize he'd made a mistake.

The eyes of every human in the area seemed to have locked onto him and the volume of the crowd seemed to drop to a hush. A rather large man in the center of the clearing with a strangely gravity defying mustache was the first to recover, he smiled broadly and waved his hands in Torrik's direction.

"And we have our first challenger ladies and gentlemen! What's your name good sir?"

For his part, Torrik was confused and he thought at first to depart. But there was nowhere to go. So he decided to respond. As he did he studied the scene, a long metal bar with even more metal affixed to either side in the form of solid disks lay in the center of a stage of sorts.

"I am Torrik, of the broken spear tribe."

"Excellent! Well Mr. Torrik! Would you like to test your strength? All you have to do is pick up that bar and hold it over your head for as long as you can!

"Ahh! A challenge is it? I accept!"

Torrik easily hefted the bar and held it for some seconds. At one point, the crowd gasped as he seemed to be struggling with the weight but then he caught his second wind and held on for a good bit longer before finally succumbing and having to drop the weight out of sheer muscle exhaustion.

Spoiler: Weight Lifting Challenge
    Show

Contestants make a DC 15 Strength check to initially pick up the weights, then they compete to be the last one standing. Starting at DC 10 and increasing by two every round, contestants make a Strength check to hold the weights. If they fail the Strength check, they may make a Constitution check using the same DC to endure the weight for one more round.
    After failing the Constitution check, or one round after succeeding the Constitution check, the contestant drops the weight to the ground.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Strength: 1d20+3 22
    Strength: 1d20+3 18
    Strength: 1d20+3 13
    Strength: 1d20+3 21
    Strength: 1d20+3 15

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Before he dropped from the roof, someone approached him - this one was no scrawny youth. Most likely the new owner of this establishment, hear to run him off and see the half-elf imprisoned! Peering at the man, Entros nodded his head slowly as the other spoke, shaking the outstretched hand hesitantly. After a few moments, he spoke. ”No worries, chum. It’s a free roof, or at least I think it is. But you’re probably a tax collector, her to charge me for my time, right?

Anyway, if your not here for money, nice to meet you Varendiil. I’m Entros. I’m a scout...

OOC - Just a quick intro...
    Show
    Skills: Nature (T) +4; Survival (T) +4; Lore: Herbalism (T) +3; Athletics (T) +5; Stealth (T) +4; Acrobatics (T) +4; Religion (T) +4; Lore: Ogres (T) +3
    Class: Hunt Prey (gain bonuses against selected prey); Hunter's Edge: Flurry (Multi-attack pen is -3 (-2 w/agile) on 2nd attack, then -6 (-4 w/agile) on third)
    Feats: Natural Ambition (AF, gain 1st lvl class feat); Twin Takedown (CF, attack twice, add damage vs resistance); Gravity Weapon (CF, gain FP1 and ability to cast spell); Natural Medicine (GF, use Nature to Treat Wounds); Fleet (GF, Gain 5’ speed)
    Weapons: Light hammer (+76, 1d6+3B, Agile, Thrown 20’), Bastard sword (+6, 1d8+3S, 2H 1d12+3S), shortbow (+5, 1d6P, 60’ Rng, Deadly 1d10)
    Last edited by Starbin; 2020-08-18 at 06:58 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Randal was relatively new to all this. Cities I mean. Most of his life had been spent with his orcish tribe a fair distance from Sandpoint. He knew two things in life, a great respect for dragons, and a hatred of giants. Hearing the roar of the crowd as the speech came to a conclusion served to put him on alert as he reached behind his back to grasp his great sword, eyes darting from side to side. He was eventually able to realize it was something akin to a cheer after a successful hunt, and he was calmed. Naturally, his hulking form found its way to the strength competition. He watched with great interest as this fellow orcish man walked over to the weights and seemed to heft it with ease. "Not bad." he muttered under his breath. "I wonder how he likes giants." He made his way up to the weights with some gasps from the gathered crowd. Being as large as he was drew attention often, even from his own tribesmen. Bending down to pick up the bar he may have overestimated himself, much to the crowd’s confusion. Pulling with all his might, he was entirely unable to lift the bar! Turning to the other orc with a baffled look on his face he says. "You, what is your name? You are very strong. I would like to know more about you. My name is Randal!" All of this said in a challenging, rushed voice despite the instant respect gained for the man.

Rolls:

Strength: 1d20 + 4 11

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"And... 30 seconds!", shouts the announcer as Torrik drops the weights, "That's long enough to threaten our reigning champion!"

There is a short period of quiet murmuring in the crowd, but it is quickly hushed as a large orc pushes his way though the crowd. Randal tries with all his might to lift the weight, but despite his obvious strength, is seemingly unable to. The crowd starts laughing at the humiliating display, and after recovering, the announcer dismisses Randal from the center, "Ho ho! Tough luck big guy! Maybe you'll do better next year!"

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Constitution for Torrik to hold out a bit longer: 22! A natural 20 makes that a critical success, allowing you to hold out for two more rounds instead of just one, bringing your time from 18 seconds to 30.

11. - Top - End - #11

GnomeWizardGuy

Having to spend a few moments himself to recover from his attempt, Torrik had a chance to watch Randal's attempt. The pink-ling had a strong build, but hadn't braced himself properly. He liked the appreciative tone though and decided it was worth responding to the question.

"I am Torrik of the Broken Spear. You are strong as well. But you must brace yourself before you lift such a weight. Try it again with the blessing of the gods.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Torrik will cast guidance, technically it's only for skill checks but I figure it would be viable for this as well. +1 status nonus to his next check in a turn.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Closing his eyes for a moment with a short prayer to Apsu, he turned to stare down the barbell. With new found confidence given to him by Torrik, he braced as he reached down to pull the bar up once again. This time he was able to hoist the bar up, although with great strain. As every muscle in his body tensed, he closed his eyes giving over full focus to the massive weight above him. Maybe that was his mistake? Or perhaps he'd simply reached his limit. But as the weight began to drop, he was able to muster some form of determination from deep inside to keep the weight up just a little longer. Dropping it after a better performance than before, he turned to look for Torrik, intrigued by a possible partnership. It seems he's capable of much more with a little help.

Rolls:
    Strength: 1d20 + 4 + 1 18
    Strength: 1d20 + 4 9
    Constitution: 1d20 + 3 23 (Critical)

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The crowd roars as Randal tries again and manages to pick up the weight, then is silent as he struggles to hold it above his head. As the massive orc drops the weight, the announcer shouts, "12 seconds! That's much better my friend! Unfortunately though, I'm not allowed to give you another chance. Perhaps you can prove yourself stronger than your friend in another event!"

14. - Top - End - #14

GnomeWizardGuy

Torrik, ignoring the announcer claps Randal on the shoulder.

"The gods smile on you. Let us go find a place with less... Noise. And maybe some of that 'piss water' they call ale here."

He indicated the crowded square in general, people, decorations and all. And turns to exit the clearing in the direction of the nearest street.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Aeryn chuckled, "Tax collector?" He clapped the larger man on the shoulder and lifted his mug, the rattle of coin reminding him it was full of coin and not ale house swill. "Hardly, just a man taking in the festival."

He watched the strength competition, Torrik, the odd half blooded orc seemed to be doing well at the test of strength. "Mayhap we go buy the ork-blood a drink to celebrate his victory?" He elbowed Entros' side, pointing in the direction of the roaring crowd, shaking his tankard, a twinkle in his eye. "I seem to have come into some coin this morning."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Entros gave a sidelong glance at Varendiil and his mug of money. He slowly turned his gaze to the weight lifting competition, spotting the large, brutish winner below. It had been years since he attended the games here, but Entros still remembered the huge man who won the competition the last time he was home. He murmured aloud, “I remember the champ the year I left home, a hulking mountain of a man who called himself Korag the Bastard. He lifted the weight as easily as you heft that tankard of coin. He must have kept it up there for a full minute ... then he held it one-handed for another thirty seconds before he finally dropped the weight with an enormous grunt. I wonder what happened to him ... “

Entros didn’t share that he had been infatuated with Korag, dreaming the man was actually his real father. He even took his name, the Half-Bastard, from the adventurer. Shaking his mind clear, Entros turned to Varendiil and shrugged. Chances were the man was going to drug him and sell his body to a necromancer for parts. But on the other hand, it was a free drink. Or two ...

Entros finally nodded. ”Aye, a drink sounds good. Especially in someone buying

Anyway, if your not here for money, nice to meet you Varendiil. I’m Entros. I’m a scout...

OOC - Wonder Twin powers activate - form of a party!
    Show
    Skills: Nature (T) +4; Survival (T) +4; Lore: Herbalism (T) +3; Athletics (T) +5; Stealth (T) +4; Acrobatics (T) +4; Religion (T) +4; Lore: Sandpoint (T) +3

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

"The year you left home?" He muttered to his new companion as he hopped down the roof, making his way through the crowds towards the two orc blooded men at the crest of the hill. "Local boy, returned home after finding fame and fortune then, eh?" Moving deftly against the press of the crowd, the lanky fellow led the way for the broad shouldered ranger.

On clearing the throng of gathered spectators, Aeryn called out to cursed half orc. They had spoken, over ale, of matters mystic and arcane, comparing philosophies on certain mysteries and enigmas that practitioners often did, the oracles insights, while not always accurate, had, on occasion, proven useful in Aeryn's studies of Thassilonian ruins and places of power. "Torrik! You foul smelling bastard! Congratulations on your trophy," a sarcastic smile shone from the scholar's face, "I'd say you and your Ork friend have earned a pint! On the house!" And he shook the tankard, which clinked and clattered with the sound of coin.

Spoiler: Out of Character Actions
    Show
    OOC: Just trying to get the PC's into one spot. Also going with the fact that Torrik and Aeryn have worked together before, trying to decipher Thassilonian runes, or discover relics of that once great empire.

18. - Top - End - #18

GnomeWizardGuy

Torrik looked up at the sound of his name coming from a somewhat familiar voice. It was that human mage he'd met over drinks with some weeks ago. Of course, by the time he could hear his name being called they were already nearly upon him.

"Errine! Your 'creature' turned out to be a large swamp toad. Good eating, but not a worthy trophy. We were just looking to leave this place."

He'd not yet mastered the trick of saying Aeryn's name, something about it just caught in a weird way on his tongue.
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Torrik's the full orc btw.
    Last edited by gargoyleking; 2020-08-19 at 09:30 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Randal having followed Torrik wherever he was going continued to do so while keeping an eye on the newfound allies. Somehow he had more trust for the proven strength of Torrik than for the unknown human. The half-Elven man is interesting to him though, perhaps he shares in the "half" plight.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kabbi Bronzedew, Dwarven Druid

The Sandpoint festival reminded Kabbi of grand market days his clan held every few months. Travelers from far and wide would gather in the Bronzedew encampment to trade their wares for fine dwarven goods. However, the people of Sandpoint clearly partied harder than Kabbi's kin and the druid quickly found himself overwhelmed by the onslaught of sounds, smells and sights.

Thankfully, he spotted a familiar face in the crowd gathered around the weight-lifting competitors. "Well met, Master Entros!" he approached the half-elf with a wide smile. "Got tired of the mosquitos around Skull River, eh?" He turned towards the strange men gathered nearby. "I don't think we've met before, right? Name's Kabbi Bronzedew. Now, I heard something about drinks? I'd say that feat of strength deserves a mug of ale or two!" Kabbi attempted to pat Torrik on the shoulder, but his hand reached only halfway up the middle of the orc's back.

21. - Top - End - #21

GnomeWizardGuy

Torrik bristled at first instinct from the un-inviyed touch, but he restrained himself and nodded aqwardly to the dwarf, as if he were still learning certain social protocols.

"Torrik of the Broken Spear tribe. Let us away, from here. And see to that 'ale'."

Torrik led the way towards the tavern he'd met Aeryn at.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The streets become less and less crowded as the group heads towards the docks and Fatman's Feedbag. Upon entering, you all notice that the tavern is fairly quiet, likely due to the festivities occurring outside. A few moments later, an enormous human steps out from the kitchen, "Ah! Aeryn, Torrik! Great to see you again! I see you've brought some friends along as well! Please, take a seat anywhere. I'll be right back with some drinks."

A minute or so passes as you take your seats, and the man returns with five tankards of ale that he sets down in front of everyone, "You lot aren't one for festivities, eh? I'd 'ave thought that Aeryn would want to get some fresh air after spending so much time 'ere."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

It turned out this fellow knew the orc, but the half-blood as silent. However, the gaze the silent man offered was a little intense ... and mildly disconcerting. Was this an elaborate trap where he was being led away to be experimented upon by a cabal of mad mages, or should he take this all at face value? Before he could decide, he head a booming voice from the crowd and turned to see a squat figure approaching. After a moment, he recognized the dwarf. ”Ho there Kabbi. The Order didn’t need any more help. They headed north and I came home.”

Entros pauses as the word left his mouth. It felt weird ... ‘home.’ Is that what Sandpoint was? Or had it stopped being that years ago? He fell silent as the group made their way to the inn and found a seat. When the big man came over and started to chat, he murmured ”Just waitin’ on the food contest. That’s always the best part. That, and the pretty girls.

But mostly the food.”

OOC - more RP
    Show
    Skills: Nature (T) +4; Survival (T) +4; Lore: Herbalism (T) +3; Athletics (T) +5; Stealth (T) +4; Acrobatics (T) +4; Religion (T) +4; Lore: Sandpoint (T) +3

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Having the ale set in front of him Randal downed it very quickly. Starting to feel a bit more like the outsider due to everyone being connected prior, he resolved to imbibe himself to take the edge off. "So are you all here for the festival? Or is something greater drawing you together?"

25. - Top - End - #25

GnomeWizardGuy

Torrik looked relueved to have escaped the crowd. Seeing the mostly empty tavern the orc actually smiled as he took a seat with his back to a wall. He asjed for a second round even as he was served his first, and also quickly downed his tankard.

"Too many humans and far too loud. Is this a celebration for some great victory? What enemy has been conquered?"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Faolan7 View Post
    "Ah! Aeryn, Torrik! Great to see you again! I see you've brought some friends along as well! Please, take a seat anywhere. I'll be right back with some drinks."

A minute or so passes as you take your seats, and the man returns with five tankards of ale that he sets down in front of everyone, "You lot aren't one for festivities, eh? I'd 'ave thought that Aeryn would want to get some fresh air after spending so much time 'ere."
    Aeryn laughed, slamming a handful of coin on the table, "Gressil you fat bastard!," the wizard replied in a jovial manner, "I bring this hovel some business and this is the thanks I get, pour some ale my man!" As he waited for Gressil to bring the crew a round, he looked at the odd assemblage of characters, a self professed scout, a cursed orc, and a half blood orc warrior, and one of the mountain folk. Curious ...

"Torrik I know, the fool smells like blood and iron even after being thrown into a river and scrubbed til his green skin bleeds red. Another I met on a roof, Entros, a scout of no small skill. To you others I am stranger, so allow me to introduce myself, I am Aeryn thar Varendiil, and while my business is my own, I find myself in Sandpoint during the festivites, and sought to enjoy them." As the first round hit the table, he picked up a tankard, "So here's to us! To those like us! Damn few and likely dead!" With that he slammed his tankard back, before slamming it back to the scarred oaken table top, "Gentlemen! May your coffin's be made of century old oak, and may we plant the seeds on the 'morrow."

A smile, "Now who the hell are y'all and what brings you to Sandpoint?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Entros took a sniff of his drink, before he took a hesitant sip. He swirled the sip for a moment, before swallowing as he considered the question. ”I came back to clear some things up. Festival was a bonus.”

Entros turned to the others to see what they had to say.

OOC - more RP
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

GnomeWizardGuy

Torrik frowned slightly and took a sniff at himself. Then shrugged before speaking.

"It is true enough. I am blessed by gods unknown to my people and thus am outcast.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kabbi Bronzedew, Dwarven Druid

Kabbi snorted in response to Aeryn's toast. "I think you just wished me an early death!" he laughed and downed his mug in one big gulp. "Nah, I appreciate the sentiment."

The dwarf considered how much to share with his new drinking companions. "I came here to visit the local stablemaster on behalf of a friend. But the land around here is so beautiful I just had to stay for a few days more!" Kabbi's eyes lighted up with enthusiasm.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Responding to Entros, the man says, "Hmm. A food-eatin' contest... Now that's an idea my boy! Unfortunately we don't 'ave one a those t'day, but lunch is on us local taverns, so I'd reckon you could stuff yerself then."

"I'd 'ave thought that you'd know what today was already Torrik! Why, today is the Swallowtail festival! We be celebratin' the end of 'arvest-time and the lady Desna herself!"

"Ho ho Aeryn! I'll bring another round out right away!"
    Gressil says as he returns to the kitchen.