New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) New Orleans by Night CtL

Reggy sighed, a heavy sadness descended on him as he finally accepted Pengrove could not be saved, didn't want to be saved. 'This is exactly why I never belonged in the Summer Court.' He crossed the room to Pengrove and put his hand on the old man's shoulder 'If that's really what you want old boy. I give you my oath.'
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The detective's reptilian face twitches with sudden rage and surprise, his double lids opening wide to show the dilating vertical diamond of a pupil. He raps his nails again on the top of the sofa, and one of the dark talons just barely punctures through the soft fabric. When he retracts his hand, a small tuft of white fluff bleeds out of the fresh wound. Typhon crosses his arms and says, "Very well then. I admire your... gumption, though I am disappointed by your response. If that is all we have to say to each other, than I shall go. But let me warn you that I am employed directly by the heads of the four Freeholds, including your Jack Dixon, and I will make sure he hears about it if I find out you're holding back on me." The detective's mention of Jack Dixon, the King of the Cayoodle Krew's Summer Court, and current leader of the Freehold, is a disturbing and bold claim to make.

"Shall I be seeing myself out then?" he asks, taking several decisive steps towards the door.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #363
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Tessa feigns shock at the reptile's change in demeanour. Inside though, she's fuming. How dare he come into her home and try to bully her into an ill-advised pact?
    "I think that would be best, yes. Were you to ask me to make a pledge in Jack's company I'd be only too pleased, but as it is..." she waits for him to begin moving towards the door, before calling after him in a saccharine tone. "And try not to do any more damage on your way out!"

As soon as the door's closed behind him, she locks it and puts it on the latch. She presses her back against the solid wood and tries to control her pounding heart. "Rosa, Lilium, Tulipa, Phalaenopsis" she whispers the words to herself like a mantra, and soon enough has control of herself again.

She needed to get hold of Reggy, and soon, but she had no phone, and didn't dare to use the payphone in the street, as she suspected that Typhon would be watching for her there. She decided it would be best to head to the home of one of the other members of the Cayoodle Krew, mask it as a social call, and ask if she could use their phone.

Mind made up, she picked a couple of goblin fruits from her Hedge garden, biting her lip in concern at her son's ill-health. She entered the street, pulling her hood over her bountiful hair and keeping her eyes open for any pursuit or other watchers.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

I assume I would know at least one other person in the Krew well enough that a house call with a gift of goblin fruit wouldn't go amiss, likely someone else in the Winter court? The goblin fruits will come out of my bounty merit, so shouldn't need to harvest them.

Let me know if you want any rolls for perception or similar!
    WINNER! Villainous Competition XXXII: Selene, Bride of Ruin
    Silver Medallist Villainous Competition XXVI: Faras Alnahr, Dark Scion of the Hippo God

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

At the oaths given by the surrounding Changelings, Arthur Pengrove nods his head, a lightness smile spreading across his face. "Very well then," he says turning to try to find a way around Big Tom, "follow me." Hunched over, Pengrove shuffles a path trailed by wilting petals down his first floor hallway, back to his living room. Arthur Pengrove collapses into his soggy lounge chair, the springs groaning with his weight, and he says, "Gather around, the story I have to tell is long... and I think I will only have the energy to tell it once." As if to punctuate the point, Pengrove is suddenly wracked by a series of violent wet sounding coughs. Once he has recovered, Pengrove adds, "Then when I am done, I expect you to hold up your end of our... deal."

As if out of nervous habit, Pengroves knobby fingers begin working at each other, peeling back small strips of dried bark to expose small moist red wounds. His eyes seem far off for a moment as they focus on the tale he is about to tell, and his mouth works several times like he is chewing, before he finally begins to speak. "Once upon a time, probably before any of you ever returned from The Hedge, New Orleans was one of the most terrible places for The Lost. Our city was riddled with paths into Arcadia, trods frequented by Huntsmen and terrible monsters that came out of the Hedge. Worse, the city was home to a number of life sucking corpses who sought to capture Changelings and enslave them for their own nefarious ends. Those Changelings that tried to make New Orleans their home were often killed, or driven out, or simply disappeared. It was a dark time." He pauses for a moment, his eyes wandering up to the ceiling for a moment, fixated on some apparition invisible to the group, then Pengrove continues, "At the time I was the leader of The Big Chiefs; we were a small Freehold, who tried to preserve some of the city's oldest Fae traditions. But it was so hard to stay alive in New Orleans at the time, and our numbers dwindled to just a handful of starving Lost.

"But Elaine Beaudoin, she had just started her own Freehold up in The French Quarter; she comes to me and says she has a plan. She knows a way to make a pact with the city, a pact that will protect every Changeling in New Orleans. She was mad for power, mad for money, and she wanted to see her Tumbledown Market grow. But it was a lie you see, it wasn't a pact with the city that we made, but a Pact with Halloween. We did terrible terrible things on All Hallow's Eve in the name of that pact. And for our sins, the tricks we'd commit, the city would be rewarded with the treat of protection. I only made the Pact the first time. I couldn't do it again. And that was when the Big Chiefs fell apart. I couldn't represent our Freehold in making the Pact, and they said I was going mad. But they know on Halloween Street, the pavement is soaked with our sins there.
    "

At some point, Pengrove's attempted story had become some sort of mad raving. His dark eyes were filled with tears now that dripped slowly like sap down his cheeks, and petals wilted and fell by the dozen. By the end, Pengrove was reduced to holding his head in his hands as he sobbed. "But I only did it that once. The other Kings and Queens of their Freeholds know. They all know, but I only did it once!"

Perhaps it wasn't Tessa's first choice of allies, but her closest and likely best form of protection would come in visiting a Snowskin Fairest who went by the name Snowflake. She'd always been a little stuck up, but Tessa knew that she was always a strong alley to members of The Krew, and she knew what Goblin Fruit Snowflake liked. Plus, Snowflake was only a few blocks away.

As Tessa marched down the block, her hood pulled up, her basket held close to her chest, eyes darting to and fro in search of any watchful eyes.

(OOC: Ya, please give me a perception roll)
    Show

5. - Top - End - #365
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Songbird followed Pengrove to the living room, claiming a seat there for himself. As the elderly changeling began his tale, the avian changeling retrieved his guitar and provided musical accompaniment, though not in a particularly intrusive way.

As Pengrove spoke, it became clearer and clearer to Jack just what kind of story he had wandered into. He realised that he couldn't simply back out after hearing this story, after learning these secrets-... He was a part of this now. He continued playing, becoming engrossed in the narrative, only opening his eyes after Pengrove stopped speaking

"What did they do? What was the price of this protection?" Songbird tried not to sound too forceful, keeping his tone soft and striving to project an understanding aura.
    Last edited by Ohiska; 2019-05-31 at 04:15 AM.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Pengrove puts a hand up, as if to defend himself from Songbird's questions moans, "The price was innocence, the price was innocence." His bony shoulders shake with his sobs, and now petals are falling by the dozen, leaving Pengrove's brow nearly barren. When he looks up Arthur Pengrove says, "I've done what you asked, now let me go. Free me please!" Pengrove's eyes plead with each Changeling in the room, deep blue pits of anguish.

As Tessa crosses the street, she is immediately struck by the sense that she is being watched. The thought that it's just paranoia is quickly driven away by a certainty that claws its way up her spine, causing the small hairs on the back of her neck to go rigid.

The air outside is hot, and heavy, and still. Tessa takes the long steps down her porch steps and past the open iron gate onto the street, her eyes scanning for Typhon. She can't see the detective, but she can feel his presence as heavy as the humid air. Perhaps he was using some sort of invisibility contract, or he was just really good at hiding, but she was certain he was there somewhere, watching her.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #367

PaladinGuy

Tessa's steps quicken as she senses the reptile's predatory presence somewhere nearby. She tries to maintain her calm outward demeanour, but it's all she can do to keep herself from breaking into a run as she heads to Snowflake's place. An idea comes to her as she spies the payphone, an idea that's almost enough to pull up the corners of her mouth into a smirk. Typhon wasn't the only one who was allowed to have a little fun.

She steps into the phone-box and hurriedly closes it behind her. She picks up the receiver and begins dialling, making a show of looking around furtively to make sure she's not being watched, even though she's fairly certain she is. She waits for the connection patiently, absently plucking at the vines in her hair.

Show
    Dialling Typhon's phone. Hopefully he's left it on ring so she can hear the ringtone, but if not it will still serve as a decent notice to him that she knows she's under surveillance, and she's not happy about it.
    Silver Medallist Villainous Competition XXVI: Faras Alnahr, Dark Scion of the Hippo God

8. - Top - End - #368
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Sebastian plucks up the courage to interject into the story.

“What sorts of horrible things had to be done? Who was hurt? I imagine someone had to be, or you wouldn’t be as torn apart by this.”

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Tessa's call is picked up after three rings. There is a heavy pause before someone says, "You are calling the office of Typhon Jones, P.I and Officer of the Four Freeholds of New Orleans." Her voice is slow like molases and heavy with New Orleans Drawl. She sounds young, and the flowing lilt to her voice brings to mind a bimbo reading a script. "Mr. Jones is not in the office right now," she says sweetly, "may I take a message honey?"

The defeated Mr. Pengrove shakes his head in defeat. "Too many," he says, then repeats, "too many innocents. And every year more. Even when I stopped, the others did! I begged them to stop, but Elaine just said it was a small sacrifice for the greater good!" As he speaks, his words become more frantic, his eyes bulge, veins stretch taught from his neck, and he is suddenly stricken by a series of desperate violent coughs.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #370

Beholder

“Can she be stopped? How can the oath be broken? I...like safety, I really really do...but now that we know I can’t stand the idea of that being bought by lives. Innocent lives.”

11. - Top - End - #371

PaladinGuy

"Oh! Hello! I've just had a meeting with Mr. Jones, and have just remembered that I forgot to tell him something. Do you know when he'll be back in the office??"

12. - Top - End - #372
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Songbird stopped playing, listening intently to the final revelation of Arthur Pengrove. His eyes grew wide as he came to understand the implications, then he shook his head, fully aware of the mess he was in.

"I definitely should have stayed clear of this-... This is too big. This is too heavy." The avian changeling looked over to the elder telling the story, then said the words he felt like Pengrove needed to hear, even as he himself remained uncertain. "Look-... You did the right thing. You knew to step away from it all, even if it meant you would suffer for it. Despite everything, you're a good man, Arthur-... I'll make sure you're remembered that way."

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

There was an invisible weight on Reggy's shoulders as he once again clasped the old man by the shoulder 'Good men can do evil things Arthur.' Reggy locked eyes with him as he used Pengrove's first name for the first time. 'It tortures them their whole lives, but that's what makes them good men. It doesn't bother evil men, and monsters savour the moments that torment men like you.
    'You are not the one who deserves our punishment, Elaine is. You have my oath Arthur, though it breaks my heart I would do as you wish. But wouldn't you rather help us? Wouldn't you rather stand up and fight! We have already saved one innocent, spared one sacrifice. With you beside us we could end it all, break the wheel, stop the sacrifice!
    'I know you want rest old boy, rest and relief. Who could blame you for that? But wouldn't you rather die spitting in Elaine's face and breaking everything she ever built?'
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

“Can she be stopped? How can the oath be broken? I...like safety, I really really do...but now that we know I can’t stand the idea of that being bought by lives. Innocent lives.”
    Pengrove shakes his head, bringing an arm to his head to dab his tears with the stained sleeve of his arm. "She passed away a long time ago," he says, pausing a moment in confusion before adding, "or I think she did. My memories won't stay together anymore."

"I definitely should have stayed clear of this-... This is too big. This is too heavy." The avian changeling looked over to the elder telling the story, then said the words he felt like Pengrove needed to hear, even as he himself remained uncertain. "Look-... You did the right thing. You knew to step away from it all, even if it meant you would suffer for it. Despite everything, you're a good man, Arthur-... I'll make sure you're remembered that way."
    Arthur Pengrove stops his sobbing, pulling his sleeve back so that he can look up at Songbird. He nods his head tentatively and says, "Thank you, thank you." He lifts a gnarled bark covered hand and squeezes Songbird's hand.

There was an invisible weight on Reggy's shoulders as he once again clasped the old man by the shoulder 'Good men can do evil things Arthur.' Reggy locked eyes with him as he used Pengrove's first name for the first time. 'It tortures them their whole lives, but that's what makes them good men. It doesn't bother evil men, and monsters savour the moments that torment men like you.
    'You are not the one who deserves our punishment, Elaine is. You have my oath Arthur, though it breaks my heart I would do as you wish. But wouldn't you rather help us? Wouldn't you rather stand up and fight! We have already saved one innocent, spared one sacrifice. With you beside us we could end it all, break the wheel, stop the sacrifice!
    'I know you want rest old boy, rest and relief. Who could blame you for that? But wouldn't you rather die spitting in Elaine's face and breaking everything she ever built?'
    Pengrove shakes his head side to side. "I'm sorry, but I can't. I've seen too much, and my brain and my life are too scattered. When I was young, I thought going on a magic adventure would fix my life, then when I was taken by... Her, I thought escaping would save me. Then it was the Big Chiefs, then it was just... escaping. I don't have anything left. I have no fight, and my world is rags, and I'm tired." Arthur Pengrove stands, his legs again wobbling to find their balance. "Now I held up my end of the bargain," he says, "it's time for you to."

As if summoned, Tom is by his side, bleeding sword drawn and a cold gleam in his eyes. He looks to the others as if for confirmation to go ahead.

"Oh, I apologize honey," the voice on the other line says, taking way to long to get through the short phrase, "but he only left a half hour ago. I don't think he will be back for another hour or so. But who knows in this town, if you know what I mean." She chuckles at this, as if it were funny, then adds, "But I'd be happy to take a message if you'd like."
    Show

15. - Top - End - #375
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Songbird looked to the motley, still unsure whether this was the best way for Arthur's story to end. After a long moment of consideration, he nodded.

"If it's what you really want, Arthur."

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

'No Tom.' Reggy said softly 'I have ordered enough men to kill, ordered enough men to their deaths, never again. If you would permit me I would borrow your sword, but either way I have to be the one... It won't sit right with me if I don't.'
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #377

Beholder

Sebastian mumbles a little to himself as he watches first Tom then Reggie taking up the burden.

“I’d do it...but I’d just have botched it and made it worse. Don’t know how to swing a sword. Couldn’t we just use a...wait! Wait!”

He dives over towards Imere, beginning to peer through pockets, coat linings, bags and anything that could hold an object, muttering to himself and protesting loudly if anyone tries to stop him. The whole process takes about a full minute.

“You’re a doctor, right? Of...some sort? Surely you must have...no, that’s not it. Come on now! I know you have it. It’s...ah! Here!”

Finally, after searching, he produces a huge syringe. He passes it to Reggie.

“It’s morphine. Just took a minute to find.”

Show

I’m using Hidden Reality with the loophole and my special ability as a Wizened since it could reasonably found on a trauma medic-ish person.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

'No Tom.' Reggy said softly 'I have ordered enough men to kill, ordered enough men to their deaths, never again. If you would permit me I would borrow your sword, but either way I have to be the one... It won't sit right with me if I don't.'
    Tom shrugs and says, "If you want to try, but I don't know..." At this point he has handed Reggy the massive sword, and sure enough the weapon is heavier than a boulder, and practically pulls Reggy's arms out of their socket when Tom lets go. He grins wryly at Reggy and says, "Sorry, but I don't know if anyone else can use my sword." As Reggy is holding the blade, the cord wrapped hilt starts to become more and more hot, till the think starts to scald.

He dives over towards Imere, beginning to peer through pockets, coat linings, bags and anything that could hold an object, muttering to himself and protesting loudly if anyone tries to stop him. The whole process takes about a full minute.

“You’re a doctor, right? Of...some sort? Surely you must have...no, that’s not it. Come on now! I know you have it. It’s...ah! Here!”

Finally, after searching, he produces a huge syringe. He passes it to Reggie.

“It’s morphine. Just took a minute to find.”
    At first Imere tries to fight off Sebastian's searching hands, but the Wizened moves too quickly, and soon he has recovered the syringe of morphine with the long thick needle. Imere looks at Sebastian with a shocked glare, as if to say 'how did you get that'. She pauses for a second instead and says, "Well what do you want me do with that, euthanize him?"
    Show

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

'You might have said something, you rascal!' said Reggy as he struggled even to hand the blade back to Tom. His mock smile fades as he turns to take the morphine from Sebastian 'I've seen it done enough times...' With infinite sadness in his eyes he looked back to Pengrove 'Any last words Arthur? Give us something to remember you fondly.'
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Arthur Pengrove's eyes are sunken into the shadows of his emaciated skull, but they stare at Reggy with a focus that is almost disarming. He spreads his hands and says carefully, "Cultivate your garden with friends so that you are not alone. Time can be cruel. She can shatter your mind and put the pipe to your lips. Don't let her make you lonely. Loneliness can be a madness worth than death."

With that he turns to Imere and says, "If you would please my dear." He extends a withered arm to Imere. The skin-bark is thin, and veins bulge like cords of ivy along his wrist.

"Here goes nothing," Imere says solemnly as she raises the oversized syringe. There is a deadly seriousness in the gamer's eyes as she directs the needle through Arthur Pengrove's skin and into his blood vessel. The old man grimaces slightly. The others can see her hands shaking as she pulls back the plunger a little, and flash of red enters the syringe. Then Imere is depressing the plunger, pushing the morphine rapidly into Pengrove's vein.

He gives a long and low sigh as Imere finishes. But she barely has times to remove the needle, before Pengrove stumbles backwards, his legs suddenly made of rubber. He collapses back into his chair, his eyes suddenly very heavy. It takes nearly a minute or two before Pengrove falls unconscious, his breathing slowing to a nearly unnoticeable rate. Arthur Pengrove remains peaceful in his seat for what feels like an eternity, before suddenly his body stiffens as if hit by lightning. The Changeling's legs kick out, rigid with his extending torso, and his arms pull inwards, every muscle seeming to spasm in unison. Pengrove's body kicks and flails for nearly 30 awful seconds before stopping in a half sideways position, one arm and leg flung awkwardly off the couch. Despite his rigid posture, it does not appear that Pengrove is breathing any longer.

(EDIT: Please see my recent OOC thread post)
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2019-06-06 at 08:08 PM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381

Beholder

Sebastian watched for a while, not feeling as terrible until the spasms started. Then he ran to the other room. It wasn’t quite enough, he needed to go farther but he couldn’t. He could still hear the death spasms of Pengrove. It cut through him, and by the end he was crouched against the wall with his hands over his ears and eyes closed. When he was sure that it had all stopped, he wrote Pengrove’s last words down carefully, reverently, and walked back out.

“N..now what?”

22. - Top - End - #382
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Songbird remained present, but avoided watching the display before him, instead staring off into the distance, thinking about life and death - thinking about Heartstrings. After the elderly changelings body began spasming, he reluctantly looked over for a moment and saw him take his last breaths.

"Goodbye, Arthur." The avian changeling sighed, before following Sebastian out of the room, he looked like he was going to say something, but didn't quite get it out before the wizened asked his question.

"... First of all, I need a drink." Songbird took a moment to consider. "After that-... I think we should tell his story. Make sure as many of our people hear the truth as possible. That would be the right thing to do, but-... It might make enemies."
    Last edited by Ohiska; 2019-06-06 at 08:48 PM.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Imere raises an eyebrow at this, "I'm not so sure that's a good idea. We already had a detective come by our house last night when that Fox woman Kitsune crashed through our mirror. I think we may have more digging to do on this one, and if we share everything now we'll be putting a giant target on our back."

The name Kitsune raises immediate alarm bells for Songbird. Kitsune was his housemate, and the closest thing he could have to a Motley, and she'd been MIA for at least the last day or two.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #384
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Wait-... Kit crashed through your mirror?" Songbird said, suddenly convinced that it wasn't mere coincidence that tangled him up with this motley. "An ordinary mirror? Was she Mirror Walking?"

"Why? What was she doing?" Fontenot seemed to perk up a bit, looking around for a while to see if he could find a mirror anywhere nearby. "Looks like we've got a -lot- to talk about. Best to talk somewhere-... Nicer. Safer."

Show

I don't suppose hearing this would earn a Beat from the 'Find Kitsune' Aspiration, Benno?

If necessary, I'll roll Investigation (2) + Wits (3) to find a mirror. If you think another dice pool would be better, ST, just say.

(5d10)[7][4][9][10][9](39)

Last edited by Ohiska; 2019-06-08 at 10:09 PM.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

'Let's go get that drink.' Reggy sighed 'Or a dozen. It never gets easier... Goodbye Pengrove, I wish...' He let's the thought trail away, it could not go to good places. He finally turns from Pengrove, looking at Songbird with fresh eyes 'You're one of us, now you know. You're in danger just because you know. Sorry, wrong party to crash, I know the feeling. They don't know you know yet, so for your safety alone you might remain quiet.' He turned to look to his Motley 'I think we all have to talk about where we go from here. Its clear Typhus is only the tip of a very big bear we definitely shouldn't poke. It's also clear whatever this thing is, it has to end. We have to be very careful with our next actions, and whom we choose to talk to.'
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2019-06-10 at 04:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #386

Beholder

Sebastian looks at Pengrove for a while too, and then back at the others.

“We’ll tell his story. We will make sure it doesn’t get forgotten. I already wrote down what I could. I’ll keep going. That part won’t be forgotten.”

He thinks for a moment longer.

“Pengrove said that the deal was with Halloween itself...which, though strange, is not the strangest thing considering what we are. Perhaps given Halloween’s unique qualities and location we can seek some information from the Autumn Court?”

Sebastian regards Songbird.

“And yes, she walked right through a mirror. At the same time someone called. Brought all of this trouble into our world, I might add.”

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

Reggy clasps Sebastion's shoulder when he says he will tell Pengrove's story 'You're a good man Seb.'
    He nods at what he says afterwards, letting his hand fall away as he turned back to Songbird 'She was running, terrified in fact. I think she tried mirror walking more in desperation than having any actual talent for it. She was brave for a frightened girl though. She didn't tell us much, I think the Magic Policeman told us more by suddenly appearing. Now who do I know in the Autumn Court that I trust absolutely...' He absently strokes his immaculately trimmed moustache as he thinks. Then suddenly he clicks his fingers 'I do know one person. She's a winter, but I completely trust her. I know she could make some discrete enquires on our behalf, and she won't betray us, I'm sure of it. Her name's Tessa, you'd like her Seb, you're cut of the same bolt, or at least a similar one.'
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #388
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"She didn't happen to say what she was running from, did she? Where is she now?" Songbird scratched the feathers on top of his head. "... And what's this about a magic cop?"

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

Reggy suddenly seems irritated, mainly with himself 'At the time we weren't sure how much we wanted to involve ourselves. We couldn't turn her over, we didn't even discuss that. But I think we thought, or hoped, that we could just see her to safety and walk away.
    'We left her with a close friend of hers, they were sure she'd be safe there.
    'As for the policeman, as I say he arrived shortly after she. Typhon, oily bastard, scaly too. He had a badge, all the Freeholds on it. We let him in, hid her, but he found her blood, he knew she was there, I think we convinced him she already left at least, so he went away to do something unsavoury with the blood, that gave us the window we needed to get her out.'
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #390

Beholder

“I don’t like this whole deal with Typhon. I don’t like the idea of secret police. This all is reminiscent of parts of history we shouldn’t repeat. Shouldn’t we obfuscate the path of this guy as much as we can on general principle?”