New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435
Results 1,021 to 1,047 of 1047
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: (IC) New Orleans by Night CtL

Jackson Square is still bustling with tourists this afternoon. They stop to take photos or interact with the spread out "obstacle course" of street performers, musicians and caricaturists. The square is filled with the sound of a three piece band playing a lazy blues instrumental, and the smells of flowers and spiced foods from nearby restaurants.

There are a few other Changelings out and about in the square, though most of them stay apart, moving with the purpose of a local. The only exception is a woman with long dark hair that runs in two braids on either side of her head, feather earrings in each ear. Her mein reveals a golden skinned Fairest with pointed ears and gossamer wings. She's set up a small booth, covered with a picnic cloth, a crystal ball, and a deck of tarot cards.

It does not take long for Max to catch sight of Emma, who is still on the phone.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Ettin in the Playground

Max is wearing a black hoodie so that he has the option of covering his head. He's aware that no humans can see what he really looks like but he sometimes feels better when he has the option. Now, he's drunk enough to be comparatively relaxed and will stop and listen to the band in passing just to see if they're any good.

The Fairest did give him pause given what a Changeling was capable of. Assuming she didn't have any customers, 'This may be a stupid question, but what do the cards show you? Does it work?' He's honestly curious.

When he's close enough he'll wave to attract Emma's attention.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The Fairest gives Max a sly grin. "Welcome," she says, her voice thick and sweet like honey, "why of course it does." Her smile widens, her dark eyes staring deep into Max's, "I could give you a palm reading if you would like."
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Emma answers, and is at first surprised by the cacophany. However, after the dealings with Tom and Reggie (and a moment of fear after realizing what it meant then), she realizes such is probably the fae influence of the Market on the call. So... hopefully nothing to fear.

She moves into an alley for more privacy, then says: "I heard some interesting stuff today, but we should probably talk in-person. You make any headway, uh, shopping?" With a gulp, she adds, "Need me to confirm anything we can pay?"

She'll read but not respond to the text for now, content to let her motley-mate come in person while she catches up with Lily.

Spoiler: payments
    Show

I'd think we could easily buy a couple expensive handbags.

For questions... urgh, been a really long day. I'll try to think up some tonight.

What happened to Reggie and Marv earlier today? is probably a good one.

Calliope more or less yelled into the mouthpiece of handy-phone thing, mostly because she still hadn't yet to actually use these things and with that bedamned bell-ringing on top of it.... well one could forgive Calliope and her oddity with yelling at her phone.
    "ACTUALLY YES I HAVE! BUT THE ISSUE IS THAT I NEED TO KNOW WHAT QUESTIONS TO ASK BECAUSE THERE'S A PRICE PER QUESTION.... WOULD YOU PERCHNACE HAVE ACCESS TO A JAR OF DUNGBEETLES? OR EXPENSIVE HANDBAGS!? OTHERWISE I HAVE TO GIVE UP A GOBLINFRUIT PER QUESTION!! I WOULD PREFER TO AVOID DOING SO IF WE CAN USE THE OTHER PAYMENT METHODS! OR WOULD YOU PREFER ASKING SUCH QUESTIONS IN PERSON? I COULD ASK IF THE PERSON IN QUESTION IS WILLING TO ARRIVE AT ANOTHER PLACE FOR EVERYTHING??" Calliope more or less screamed in reply... and waited for Emma to scream back at her.... or not~

(Yes this is stolen straight from the..... 4th Harry Potter Book I think it was. )
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2020-09-12 at 08:04 AM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ettin in the Playground

Max assumed he wasn't going to get a straight answer here but still smiled back anyway, if only to play along. He was currently sharing a Hollow with Calliope and so knew how it was to talk to a Fairest.

'I've got time. If there's anything really good or bad in my future I probably should hear about it now.'

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Emma winces at the volume of the call, but recovers.

Not shouting, but speaking a bit louder than usual to overcome the twinkling of bells, she says, "I think we should talk in person. Will know better what to ask soon, I think, but I think I have one good question already. "What happened to Reggie, Tom, and Marv at Marv's restarant or the nearby Hedge?" And I know a place that sells those bags. Can we pay later, without interest?"

With a slight pause, she adds, "Did that make it through? You heard me?" and prepares for perhaps another shout.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Emma winces at the volume of the call, but recovers.

Not shouting, but speaking a bit louder than usual to overcome the twinkling of bells, she says, "I think we should talk in person. Will know better what to ask soon, I think, but I think I have one good question already. "What happened to Reggie, Tom, and Marv at Marv's restarant or the nearby Hedge?" And I know a place that sells those bags. Can we pay later, without interest?"

With a slight pause, she adds, "Did that make it through? You heard me?" and prepares for perhaps another shout.
    Calliope kept on yelling back though.
    "WHAAAAT? ASK WHAT HAPPENED TO WHOM?? OH! YEAH..... AHA! GOT IT. I WILL ASK!, WHERE WAS IT YOU WANTED US TO MEET UP!!!?" Calliope replied loudly, wanting to make sure she knew where to go and not go and get herself lost... you know, literally instead of figuratively.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The Fairest's smiles widens. She is oh so pretty, her dark eyes almost hypnotic in the way they catch Max's. "My pleasure," she says, inviting Max to sit on the folding chair propped up opposite her on the small table. She raises a hand to her mouth and giggles in a charming but uncharacteristically girlish manner before adding, "It will be ten dollars, of course."

While Emma is screaming back and forth with Calliope, she catches sight of Max about fifty yards away in the square, talking to some Fairest street magician.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    "It will be ten dollars, of course."
    'Oh, of course.' Max will pay the woman and sit down. He'll watch her to see how whatever she was going to do actually worked. If not he can at least appreciate the performance.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Going to roll whatever the Perception equivelent is here but I have to go to work. I'll work it out on my break.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The Fairest calmly takes Max's ten dollar bill. Though the paper was folded and worn to the point of being like velvet, when she takes the money there is a clinking sound like a number of large silver coins falling into a pot.

"Thank you," she says as she invites Max to lay his hand over hers, palm side up. Her touch is warm and soft, the gentle caress of royal hands that have never known hard labor. With her other hand, the fortune teller takes a long slender finger, and begins to trace it over Max's hand, her dark beautiful eyes closing in slight concentration. "Hmmmm," she sighs, her finger working its way across Max's palm. The musician could feel the sudden swell and exchange of Glamour. The warmth in the Fairest's touch was spreading from Max's palm, up his arm and into his chest. This Fairest was clearly calling on some contract to accomplish her task.

After several long seconds, the palm reader opens her eyes, which now study Max with steely concern. "You a have a long road ahead of you," she says, clearly cautiously choosing her words. "You and your friends are in grave danger... and at the end of your road you will have to make the hardest choice of your life." As if suddenly stung by Max's touch, the palm reader snatches her hands away, shock and fear playing out on her beautiful face. "That... that is all I can say," she finishes, her red lips pursing with concern.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ettin in the Playground

Max hadn't expected her to take this as seriously as she seemed to be doing. Or perhaps she was just a good actor.

'I'll pass that on. I take it you don't get something like that very often?'

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Emma tells the meeting place to Lily.

Once off the phone, she gives a wave to Max, though perhaps some nervousness about him talking to another changeling so close to where something is going down. Paranoia about her fellow changelings is not something Emma is welcoming with news of this conspiracy.

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Emma tells the meeting place to Lily.

Once off the phone, she gives a wave to Max, though perhaps some nervousness about him talking to another changeling so close to where something is going down. Paranoia about her fellow changelings is not something Emma is welcoming with news of this conspiracy.
    Calliope nodded at the phone and began fiddling with it to try and stop the call... although Emma would most likely do so first on HER end.

----------------------

She'd then turn back towards Fuxi and take a few step towards the fellow changeling. "Very well, the persons I'm her to represent has a request. Perhaps you'd be interested in a more lucrative deal that might include some of those handbags you so seem to want? We'd like to start out with a single question and then at a later time ask some further questions as well that can be paid for both in a few Goblin Fruits, but also in those expensive, fancy handbags you mentioned. Interested?" Callope asked Fuxi and held a cold, cool, strong-but-passive bodylanguage as to not accidentally put up a domineering front and scare away that three-eyed fiddly-changeling that Fuxi seemed to be.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler: OOC@All
    Show
    So to simplify things, I'm going to finish up Lily's scene with Fuxi while simultaneously "fast forwarding" to when all three characters have joined each at Jackson Square, so that we can keep the game moving forward. To simplify things and get us started, JL would you give a quick post describing what Emma tells Lily and Max when they are gathered, regarding what she has found out, and what she is hoping to accomplish?

She'd then turn back towards Fuxi and take a few step towards the fellow changeling. "Very well, the persons I'm her to represent has a request. Perhaps you'd be interested in a more lucrative deal that might include some of those handbags you so seem to want? We'd like to start out with a single question and then at a later time ask some further questions as well that can be paid for both in a few Goblin Fruits, but also in those expensive, fancy handbags you mentioned. Interested?" Callope asked Fuxi and held a cold, cool, strong-but-passive bodylanguage as to not accidentally put up a domineering front and scare away that three-eyed fiddly-changeling that Fuxi seemed to be.
    Fuxi's forked pink tongue flicked out of her grinning mouth for several long beats before replying. Without moving a muscle, she replies, "I am always interested in a good deal... but I'm not giving out information for free. If you want to ask that question now, you are going to have to pay for it now." After letting this sink in, Fuxi's body relaxes, and her crocadile grin fades into a genuine smile and she says, "Oh, and I prefer Chanel or Louis Vuitton over Gucci and other... lesser brands."
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: OOC@All
    Show
    So to simplify things, I'm going to finish up Lily's scene with Fuxi while simultaneously "fast forwarding" to when all three characters have joined each at Jackson Square, so that we can keep the game moving forward. To simplify things and get us started, JL would you give a quick post describing what Emma tells Lily and Max when they are gathered, regarding what she has found out, and what she is hoping to accomplish?

Fuxi's forked pink tongue flicked out of her grinning mouth for several long beats before replying. Without moving a muscle, she replies, "I am always interested in a good deal... but I'm not giving out information for free. If you want to ask that question now, you are going to have to pay for it now." After letting this sink in, Fuxi's body relaxes, and her crocadile grin fades into a genuine smile and she says, "Oh, and I prefer Chanel or Louis Vuitton over Gucci and other... lesser brands."
    Calliope raised a hand in a placating gesture and nodded. "Of course I did not expect you to offer your service 'on credit' or anything like that. I have one question for now and later more questions to ask and of course pay for. Please give me a moment so I can get the goblin fruit for the one question I have for now. Do you have a way I can contact you when we have a need for further questions being answered btw?"

Whatever the answer from Fuxi, Calliope would quickly find the quickest door access and make use of the nice easy access enhancement to her motley's Hollow, plucked all the fresh goblin fruits (all 3) and put them into a back before returning to Fuxi, payment in hand and ready to hand over once Fuxi has done 'her thing'.

(This will cost my character a Glamour Point to open the pathway from Mortal world to the hollow.)
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Catching Up

Once the three motley-mates have gathered, Emma tells them what she learned. Some of it is rehashing things Lily already heard for Max's sake, though some are details she left out earlier: Typhon's unexpected arrival, the warning she received at the bank (and she also mentions its 'wards' or whatever she saw). Then she goes into the new information: the oddness when calling Reggie and Tom, meeting Sebastian and the horrors he told of -- some conspiracy regarding the Halloween Contract, kidnappings by the Freehold leadership, and apparently Tom and Reggie trying to kidnap Marv... and thus them going here to try to see what in the world happened.

She hesitantly looks to her friends.
    "If Sebastian was being honest... and I think he was... then it sounds like the Freeholds are doing something really bad. I promised to reserve judgement, so I think I have to at least see some more evidence. The safe, maybe smart, thing to do would be to call Typhon and turn all of this over. But I don't feel like that's the right thing to do."

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Ettin in the Playground

The mention of Typhon explained some things, 'So, they were watching you, and maybe were watching the rest of us just in case. Can't say I trust anyone who behaves like that.' Max will mention his recent meeting with Creed and his apparent anger towards him. 'Maybe it's a coincidence but I wouldn't be surprised if he knew things the Freehold leaders would rather didn't get out.'

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hemnon View Post
    Calliope raised a hand in a placating gesture and nodded. "Of course I did not expect you to offer your service 'on credit' or anything like that. I have one question for now and later more questions to ask and of course pay for. Please give me a moment so I can get the goblin fruit for the one question I have for now. Do you have a way I can contact you when we have a need for further questions being answered btw?"

Whatever the answer from Fuxi, Calliope would quickly find the quickest door access and make use of the nice easy access enhancement to her motley's Hollow, plucked all the fresh goblin fruits (all 3) and put them into a back before returning to Fuxi, payment in hand and ready to hand over once Fuxi has done 'her thing'.

(This will cost my character a Glamour Point to open the pathway from Mortal world to the hollow.)
    In reply to Lily's question, Fuxi produces a blood red business card with silver lettering. The card includes her name in big, extravagant cursive, as well as directions for how to contact her. To Lily's surprise, the directions involve saying her name three times while staring into a bathroom mirror, with the lights out. "Go ahead and get your payment. I have not major plans for tonight. I will be available when you are ready to make a deal."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    No need to spend the glamour. The goblin market is in The Hedge and the group has a stable trod, so there's no need to leave the Hedge, then re-enter. Technically I should make you roll for Hedge navigation... but since it's not narratively that important, I'll spare you that as well. But assuming you are taking Goblin Fruit from the Stable trod, you are going to have to roll 1d10 (the group's dots in stable trod) and if you get a success, there is a goblin fruit available. Since you only have one dot, it is possible there will be no goblin fruit available, and if you do remove it, that's it for the story... as per pg 119

And please don't forget to bring Lily into the time warp scene with Max and Emma
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-09-19 at 05:38 PM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

In reply to Lily's question, Fuxi produces a blood red business card with silver lettering. The card includes her name in big, extravagant cursive, as well as directions for how to contact her. To Lily's surprise, the directions involve saying her name three times while staring into a bathroom mirror, with the lights out. "Go ahead and get your payment. I have not major plans for tonight. I will be available when you are ready to make a deal."

Show
    No need to spend the glamour. The goblin market is in The Hedge and the group has a stable trod, so there's no need to leave the Hedge, then re-enter. Technically I should make you roll for Hedge navigation... but since it's not narratively that important, I'll spare you that as well. But assuming you are taking Goblin Fruit from the Stable trod, you are going to have to roll 1d10 (the group's dots in stable trod) and if you get a success, there is a goblin fruit available. Since you only have one dot, it is possible there will be no goblin fruit available, and if you do remove it, that's it for the story... as per pg 119

And please don't forget to bring Lily into the time warp scene with Max and Emma
    Calliope accepted the business card and pocketed it before coughing a little. "So, one question for now, and I will call when more questions need answering. With payment in hand, of course." Calliope said and gazed a little from left to right to check if the area was clear of eavesdroppers.
    "The question is - What happened to Reggie, Tom, and Marv at Marv's restaurant or the nearby Hedge?"

Once she had the answer in return, and it was worth giving up a goblin fruit of course, Calliope would pay for the info and then head back to the meetup place that Emma had mentioned.
    ----------------------------

At the Fast-Forwarded Meetup:

Calliope just looked exhausted. Seems like running errands didn't do well for her complexion or energy levels.
    She did show an active interest in what Emma had to say, but had to choke off and cover up a few yawns from time to time.

She looked to Max as he also spoke up and nodded in agreement.
    "I would suggest not giving any information to anyone we do not actively trust... The right thing is very subjective after all. What is the right thing from society-POV might not be the right thing on a person-to-person basis. It's expected with hand over information to high authorities... but when no one is really all that trustworthy - that's when I'd recommend we keep the cards close, so to speak and avoid both appearing suspect in action, but also ensure whe have some leverage so swing around if it should be required."
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Calliope accepted the business card and pocketed it before coughing a little. "So, one question for now, and I will call when more questions need answering. With payment in hand, of course." Calliope said and gazed a little from left to right to check if the area was clear of eavesdroppers.
    "The question is - What happened to Reggie, Tom, and Marv at Marv's restaurant or the nearby Hedge?"

Once she had the answer in return, and it was worth giving up a goblin fruit of course, Calliope would pay for the info and then head back to the meetup place that Emma had mentioned.
    Fuxi accepts the goblin fruit from Lily. It is a large, round and firm purple fruit with a glossy skin, and Fuxi takes it quickly in her scaled hand, depositing it in her purse. She listens to Lily's question, all three eyes remaining fixated and unblinking, before she reaches into her handbag and removes a large hand mirror. The ornate mirror is wrapped in the gilded form of a slithering snake, chasing its tail around the reflective glass. Then Fuxi opens up her needle filled mouth, and places her hand between her jaws before clamping down. The appendage immediately begins to rain dribbles of bright crimson blood. Removing her hand from her mouth, Fuxi then wipes her wounded palm across the mirror, smearing blood all over the glass. The blood smear collects and condenses, before seeming to dissolve into the mirror like rain over dry soil.

Then Fuxi raises the mirror before her face, such that Lily can only see the bronze backing, and repeats Lily's question. Lily can feel the glamour pouring off of the mirror, but is unable to discern just what is happening. Finally, after a long moment of silence, Fuxi lowers the mirror and says, "Tragedy my dear one. Tragedy. Tom, Sebastian, and their friend Song Bird have all been captured!" She places the mirror into her bag, and gives Lily a curt apologetic nod of her head.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ettin in the Playground

Meetup

Max nods at Calliope, 'Who else would I tell? It sounds a bit tinfoil hat to say it out loud.' Max vastly preferred to think of all Changelings as being broadly on the same side so this cloak and dagger stuff was disappointing.

'Unless I hear a good reason not to I'm still going to Creed's thing. If it's not actually fun I might pick up something useful by seeing who else is there. Plus if he's got a problem with me I wouldn't want to do anything differently.'

When Calliope mentions Fuxi's response he'll grin to himself, 'I feel like I saw that joke somewhere. I think she wants more pay, but I suppose it's nice to have it confirmed.' Max will wiggle his fingers around, 'Do we know how she feels about second hand knockoffs? Can't say I know anything about handbags, but I could always ask around. Some of us got quite good at making things over there.'

Show

I'm just going to respond to Bennosuke's last post while I'm online. Unless that's a problem.

I know it's a Fae thing, but thinking of this joke.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf3xwmXXDH8

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Fuxi accepts the goblin fruit from Lily. It is a large, round and firm purple fruit with a glossy skin, and Fuxi takes it quickly in her scaled hand, depositing it in her purse. She listens to Lily's question, all three eyes remaining fixated and unblinking, before she reaches into her handbag and removes a large hand mirror. The ornate mirror is wrapped in the gilded form of a slithering snake, chasing its tail around the reflective glass. Then Fuxi opens up her needle filled mouth, and places her hand between her jaws before clamping down. The appendage immediately begins to rain dribbles of bright crimson blood. Removing her hand from her mouth, Fuxi then wipes her wounded palm across the mirror, smearing blood all over the glass. The blood smear collects and condenses, before seeming to dissolve into the mirror like rain over dry soil.

Then Fuxi raises the mirror before her face, such that Lily can only see the bronze backing, and repeats Lily's question. Lily can feel the glamour pouring off of the mirror, but is unable to discern just what is happening. Finally, after a long moment of silence, Fuxi lowers the mirror and says, "Tragedy my dear one. Tragedy. Tom, Sebastian, and their friend Song Bird have all been captured!" She places the mirror into her bag, and gives Lily a curt apologetic nod of her head.
    Calliope gasped a little and almost yelled in reply, but quickly re-composed herself.
    "What? why? how? by who??" She blabbered out and found it hard to keep her stream of short-worded questions from just gushing out.
    "I need to know more - what did the people look like, how were they capured?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    Meetup

Max nods at Calliope, 'Who else would I tell? It sounds a bit tinfoil hat to say it out loud.' Max vastly preferred to think of all Changelings as being broadly on the same side so this cloak and dagger stuff was disappointing.

'Unless I hear a good reason not to I'm still going to Creed's thing. If it's not actually fun I might pick up something useful by seeing who else is there. Plus if he's got a problem with me I wouldn't want to do anything differently.'

When Calliope mentions Fuxi's response he'll grin to himself, 'I feel like I saw that joke somewhere. I think she wants more pay, but I suppose it's nice to have it confirmed.' Max will wiggle his fingers around, 'Do we know how she feels about second hand knockoffs? Can't say I know anything about handbags, but I could always ask around. Some of us got quite good at making things over there.'

Show

I'm just going to respond to Bennosuke's last post while I'm online. Unless that's a problem.

I know it's a Fae thing, but thinking of this joke.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf3xwmXXDH8
    Calliope softly chuckled, small motes of chilled snowflakes fell from her from the little motion the chuckling caused.
    "Well as long as it's just tinfoil, not an iron mask or some such cold-forged iron object. As for Fuxi.... I think she might enjoy those... at least if you got a hold of a few, we can always just add it on top as a nice bonus payment for her... should she give enough details with regards to what we ask." The bewinged, paleskinned Bright One changeling replied.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Calliope gasped a little and almost yelled in reply, but quickly re-composed herself.
    "What? why? how? by who??" She blabbered out and found it hard to keep her stream of short-worded questions from just gushing out.
    "I need to know more - what did the people look like, how were they capured?!"

Fuxi grins at Lily, raising her bleeding hand up to her mouth to lick at the many bleeding bite marks. "That was your one question," she says coolly, "I answered your question, and will only provide you with more if you are willing to pay for it." She waits a moment to see if Calliope will be desperate enough to offer more goblin fruit.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hemnon View Post
    Calliope softly chuckled, small motes of chilled snowflakes fell from her from the little motion the chuckling caused.
    "Well as long as it's just tinfoil, not an iron mask or some such cold-forged iron object. As for Fuxi.... I think she might enjoy those... at least if you got a hold of a few, we can always just add it on top as a nice bonus payment for her... should she give enough details with regards to what we ask." The bewinged, paleskinned Bright One changeling replied.
    Max notes Calliope tiredness, 'Might be too late to do anything about that now. I can make some calls in the morning.'

Show

So I want to see if Max's knows any other Wizened or someone with the Artist kith who might be more focused on making things then he is.

I think I can use Allies (Musician) (.) to ask for a basic favour which would be to ask to see if anyone knows anyone appropriate. Let me know if it's a big enough favour that it needs a roll.

Later

The fresh air had sobered Max up enough that he'll text Charlie Lambert before he went to bed to see if Charlie was busy tomorrow. Charlie was a Darkling piano player and was easily the oldest Changeling that Max had met in New Orleans. Occasionally he had a gig but was seldom really busy. You could mostly find him people watching and listening to whatever live music was available while other people brought him drinks. Max knew that Charlie had a phone and was at least semi capable of using it because Max had helped him top it up occasionally. Charlie seemed to know absolutely everyone.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Show
    Going to give JL and Hemnon a chance to keep things moving forward, but please let me know if you want to move forward in some way.

Later

The fresh air had sobered Max up enough that he'll text Charlie Lambert before he went to bed to see if Charlie was busy tomorrow. Charlie was a Darkling piano player and was easily the oldest Changeling that Max had met in New Orleans. Occasionally he had a gig but was seldom really busy. You could mostly find him people watching and listening to whatever live music was available while other people brought him drinks. Max knew that Charlie had a phone and was at least semi capable of using it because Max had helped him top it up occasionally. Charlie seemed to know absolutely everyone.
    Max gets a reply text from Charlie that reads, "Max! You're up early man? What's up? Are you finally gonna go back to gigging? We could use a player like you!"
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ettin in the Playground

Max gets a reply text from Charlie that reads, "Max! You're up early man? What's up? Are you finally gonna go back to gigging? We could use a player like you!"
    Normally this would be true as Max preferred to sleep in whenever possible. Working on it. Need a favor Charlie. We've got business with the Market. You know how they are. Trade anything for anything. I'm looking for someone who can make us a handbag (Yeah I know).

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Charlie's reply texts read, "Annie the Black Widow?", "She's a Wizened with that freehold. Primarily a tailor, but she's the best damn craftspeople I know.", "She could probably duplicate something like that for you... and would probably be cheaper."
    Show