New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: (IC) New Orleans by Night CtL

This was the very epitome of things that Sebastian hated, and it threatened to overwhelm him again. The Lagniappe Court was not perfect or even desirable, but it was, he thought, stable. He liked stability and some semblance of order. Predictability. This was not these things, and it probably accounted for his answer.

“Alright. I’ll get you to the spider lady if that guy breaks in. But...I need you to tell me everything. I’m...very good at keeping things secret. I can’t be blind. I truly can’t.”

He looked a little lost as he says this, maybe more than a little afraid. He just needed something to work with while they waited rather than fearing a burst through his magical door.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Just in case, I’m going to roll to persuade her to share with me. Sebastian would be very taxed in this situation as a Wizened especially, so he needs to push a little.

Manipulation + Persuasion = (3d6)[5][5][6](16)
    10s = (3d6)[5][6][4](15)

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Reggy reaches out his hand as well, and states his own name, sealing the pact made between the four Changelings. The man with the lizard skin says, "It is nice to meet you all. The name I am now referred by is Typhon. I long ago lost my mortal name." He says this with a crocodile grin, his big eyes lingering on Imere's discomfort.

He takes a step towards the entrance and says, "I appreciate your hospitality. Now where should I begin?" Typhon scratches under his chin for a moment, before brushing past the group and moving towards the kitchen. His eyes scan the motley's home, taking in everything like a teenage boy looking at his first playboy.

(OOC: So I apologize everyone. I've done some more soul searching... and rereading, and I think the Sealing rules make more sense, though they are honestly not ideal for this either. So what I'm going to do is have each player spend a point of Glam (which you would have done for the Oath as well), and I will let each player choose a different penalty for Typhon, see page 210 and 211 for the chart. Typhon chooses the minor supernatural affect for one scene as the penalty for any of the PC's breaking it. Keeping the Seal will earn each player a beat)

Inside Sebastian's Hollow, Kitsune's face screws up as if in pain. "I'm sorry," she says to Sebastian, "I know I've already put you in danger by asking you and your friends to help me. Just trust me that the less you know the better. I've learned something terrible about the leaders of every Freehold in New Orleans, and I barely escaped with my life. Somehow the Courts in this city have become very very twisted." She places a hand on Sebastian's arm and squeezes tight. The human touch is not totally terrible.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #93
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    He takes a step towards the entrance and says, "I appreciate your hospitality. Now where should I begin?" Typhon scratches under his chin for a moment, before brushing past the group and moving towards the kitchen. His eyes scan the motley's home, taking in everything like a teenage boy looking at his first playboy.
    Imere just blankly held up her phone with three minutes counting down.

She then muttered, mopped the blood a little, and then sent a string of texts to Sebastian.

> *knight-helmet-emoji* let in a creepy *dragon-head-emoji*
    > 4 some reason
    > hes looking around now but has to go in 3 mins so you know
    > *trapdoor emoji*
    > btws how is *fox-head emoji* doing
    > i heard she is normally pretty *fire emoji* but i couldn't tell with all the *blooddrop emoji*

(OOC: So I apologize everyone. I've done some more soul searching... and rereading, and I think the Sealing rules make more sense, though they are honestly not ideal for this either. So what I'm going to do is have each player spend a point of Glam (which you would have done for the Oath as well), and I will let each player choose a different penalty for Typhon, see page 210 and 211 for the chart. Typhon chooses the minor supernatural affect for one scene as the penalty for any of the PC's breaking it. Keeping the Seal will earn each player a beat)
    [Books aren't with me, I'll do this next week ]
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2018-12-29 at 07:22 AM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

'I'm sorry the place is such a state.' said Reggy with an easy smile, he voice light and careless 'Can I get you some tea... For the road? You must be bone cold patrolling the streets with all that coming down.'
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Thank you," the Changeling called Typhon replies before looking over his shoulder at the dropped juice box, "but I'm okay. As it is I don't exactly have much time."

With that he begins walking towards the Kitchen. Typhon moves through the house, his eyes flicking back and forth as he takes in as many details as possible. A slender pink forked tongue darts in and out of his mouth as he moves. He takes note of the exploded glass windows, nodding his head with satisfaction.

When he comes to the room with the hidden chalk door created by Sebastian (OOC: leaving this vague since still waiting on ER for his final response), Typhon stops. The two large nostrils at the end of his extended snout flare as his tongue flicks back and forth. Typhon's eyes scan the room, and a low growl begins to rumble in the back of his chest. But then he turns and moves on.

It is nearly towards the end of Typhon's allotted time when he reaches the upstairs bathroom, which is still a mess of shattered glass and smeared blood. His hands open and close as he takes a step into the room. He bends down on one knee and puts his face disturbingly close to the blood floor, seeming to take his time absorbing the smell. "What happened here?", he asks.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Reggy grins like a shark, showing far too many teeth and radiating a menace he hoped wasn't transparently false 'By the terms of our agreement we are bound to not interfere with your investigation. I do not recall saying anything regarding aiding your investigation, nor the supply of any information or the answering of any questions.
    'And frankly, what Imere chooses to do or not do in the privacy of her own water closet is between her and God. Have some decency man!'
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

There is an instant in which the lizard skinned Changeling bears his needle like fangs back at Reggie, but the moment passes as quickly as it came. Shoulders slouching, Typhon says, "Very well. Then I'm sure it won't matter if I take some of this." He retrieves a linen handkerchief from his pocket. It looks like it may have been white at some time, but has turned a greyish yellow. With a deft swipe he gathers up several shards of the broken mirror into the cloth, and then dabs the collection into some of the puddled blood. He then pockets the evidence.

Typhon stands and walks towards the entrance of the bathroom where the other Changelings are waiting. He smiles at the three and says, "Thank you for your hospitality. I believe my time is almost up?"
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98

Beholder

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Does the hedge have cell service? If yes for reasons of silliness, please consider my post. If not, I’ll rewrite.

The contact was not unpleasant, and he let himself feel it, but only for a moment.

Sebastian felt the vibration and heard the tone that Imere had set one of the times she took his phone and he practically jumped out of his skin. When he finally took out the phone, it’s clear that it is several generations old, the type in which a text would have to be sent by selecting letters from the number pad. He squinted at the message that was sent.

Then he squinted more.

Finally he huffed and held it out towards Kitsune.

“What on earth is she trying to communicate? She sends me these...these hieroglyphics all the time! Bloody nonsense.

9. - Top - End - #99

There is an instant in which the lizard skinned Changeling bears his needle like fangs back at Reggie, but the moment passes as quickly as it came. Shoulders slouching, Typhon says, "Very well. Then I'm sure it won't matter if I take some of this." He retrieves a linen handkerchief from his pocket. It looks like it may have been white at some time, but has turned a greyish yellow. With a deft swipe he gathers up several shards of the broken mirror into the cloth, and then dabs the collection into some of the puddled blood. He then pockets the evidence.

Typhon stands and walks towards the entrance of the bathroom where the other Changelings are waiting. He smiles at the three and says, "Thank you for your hospitality. I believe my time is almost up?"
    Imere was grumblingly wheeling the mop through to the bathroom since she already had it out. "Go home you weirdo," was all she said in response.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

'Well its been a pleasure having you Typhon, I'll see you to the door.'
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Typhon grins a big toothy grin and says, "Thank you for your hospitality." He departs, letting himself through the entrance if no one does him the courtesy of seeing him out.

With the intruder gone, an odd and uncomfortable silence falls suddenly over the room. The rain has stopped now, though the air is still thick and humid.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Tom’s black eyes didn’t leave the lizard-skinned Darkling during his entire foray through their shared domicile. He didn’t trust the Changeling at all, but a Pact was a Pact none the less. One hand was clenched into a fist, while the other still held onto the pommel of his blade as he lumbered along behind him silently.

Sometimes, words weren’t necessary.

Sometimes, they could avoid senseless bloodshed. Tom was no stranger to violence, but he had to be better than he had been. Violence could not always be the answer.

When Typon had left, Tom scowled darkly and turned from the door to silently head up to Sebastian’s hidden sanctuary.

He rapped on the door loudly, hoping that the sound carried into whatever space-beyond-space they were hiding in.

Maybe they could get some answers.

Maybe Kitsune knew the serpent-man.

Yes.

He was far too much like a Dragon Tom once knew.
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Reggy followed in Tom's wake 'Unless I miss my guess it won't take him long to get what he needs from that blood. We should hurry.'
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104

Beholder

Sebastian heard the knock on the other side of the door and nearly literally jumped, again. His mind kicked in a moment later, letting him realize that a possible intruder wouldn’t just knock. Still...precautions were sensible.

He held up a finger to his lips indicating quiet and moved over to pick up a large kettle from his kitchenette. He crept over to the door and with one hand raised it high above his head, and with the other opened his Hollow door. He added his other hand to the one holding the kettle, ready to see what comes through.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

When Sebastian steps out of the Hollow, it seems the house is now near silent with no one moving or saying anything.

However, those downstairs can hear the creaking of the warped floorboards upstairs as Sebastian slowly makes his way back into reality.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106

Quote Originally Posted by EarthenRite View Post
    Sebastian heard the knock on the other side of the door and nearly literally jumped, again. His mind kicked in a moment later, letting him realize that a possible intruder wouldn’t just knock. Still...precautions were sensible.

He held up a finger to his lips indicating quiet and moved over to pick up a large kettle from his kitchenette. He crept over to the door and with one hand raised it high above his head, and with the other opened his Hollow door. He added his other hand to the one holding the kettle, ready to see what comes through.
    "Hey, Harry Dresden, you know a spell to counter magical blood-based tracking, right?" said Imere, walking blithely into the swing range of the kettle. "Also reply to my texts you jerk, its common courtesy."

17. - Top - End - #107

Beholder

Sebastian lowered the tea kettle slowly and scowled at Imere.

“I don’t know anything like that. But if you think it’s likely to be used, we need to get out of here and straight to the place this young lady wants to go.”

“And, if you want me to respond to your messages write them in a sensible manner, not the hieroglyphics you use. Don’t they have all sorts of letter writing tutorials on your webtubes and whatnot?”

18. - Top - End - #108

Quote Originally Posted by EarthenRite View Post
    Sebastian lowered the tea kettle slowly and scowled at Imere.

“I don’t know anything like that. But if you think it’s likely to be used, we need to get out of here and straight to the place this young lady wants to go.”

“And, if you want me to respond to your messages write them in a sensible manner, not the hieroglyphics you use. Don’t they have all sorts of letter writing tutorials on your webtubes and whatnot?”
    "Forgive me, sometimes I forget that you need to have the intellect of a legendary doctor to figure out who I might be referring to by using a little picture of a knight," droned Imere, not looking at the looming Tom. "Truly a cypher a mere mortal like yourself would have no hope of cracking."

19. - Top - End - #109

Beholder

“Yes, well...I thought it was supposed to be a tin opener. So, there.”

Sebastian goes quiet for a moment, before speaking again.

“Wasn’t it pouring rain in the real world a moment ago?”

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

"It was." Tom said, glancing up at the roof as if it held some answers as to why the rain had stopped. At least the patch job he had done on the leaks in the attic would have time to set now.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kitsune follows Sebastian out of his hollow and down the stairs to join the others. She watches with anxious glares as Imere and Sebastian bicker, twitchy as ever. "So, like... can we go now," she says with arms crossed, her attention turning to the front door. "He's gone now, right?"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes." Tom said succinctly. "The lizard has gone. For now, I suspect."

Tom frowned, crossing his thick arms over his unnaturally broad chest. "Perhaps, as we depart, you could tell us if you know him? I do not believe his arrival so shortly after yours is...coincidence."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

'Foxes, Spiders and Lizards.' Reggy say happily 'The handsome protagonist and his motley crew have to get this Fox to the Spider before the Lizard comes back. Ha! I bet you haven't heard this fairy tale before...'
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2019-01-11 at 11:33 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114

Beholder

Sebastian turns to look at Kitsune, ignoring the cheerfulness of some of his comrades.

“So...what’s the easiest way to get there? And safest...mostly safest.”

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

While the group is talking, Kitsune moves to the window by the porch and looks out. "Are you sure he's gone? Who was it?"

In response to Sebastian's question, Kitsune adds, "It's not a very far walk... but I don't know if that's safer than any other way to get there."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116

Beholder

While the group is talking, Kitsune moves to the window by the porch and looks out. "Are you sure he's gone? Who was it?"

In response to Sebastian's question, Kitsune adds, "It's not a very far walk... but I don't know if that's safer than any other way to get there."
    “Are there any other ways to approach? If they’re already watching the place we would be in trouble if we just walked up to the front door.”

27. - Top - End - #117

"Wait, where are we going?" asked Imere. "And I'll get you an uber if you're worried about gangs of reptoids creeping around outside."

Was the power still out, out of curiosity?

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The girl frowns and says, "I was hoping to go to my friend Annie the Black Widow's on Magazine Street. She has a store front tailoring service and lives in the apartment above. I think she's the only Night Reveler I can trust who is living South of Canal street."

The power is on.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

'Operationally it's a sticky wicket, I'm sure you'll all agree. Really we should get the young lady away from here immediately. I do not believe Typhon was collecting that blood for show. On the other hand he could be lurking around outside, or have minions to do the same, we're safer in here then out there. We all get far more entangled in this if we're seen with her.
    'We should go, and all go together but does anyone have a better idea then walking out the front door?'
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120

Quote Originally Posted by Ladorak View Post
    'Operationally it's a sticky wicket, I'm sure you'll all agree. Really we should get the young lady away from here immediately. I do not believe Typhon was collecting that blood for show. On the other hand he could be lurking around outside, or have minions to do the same, we're safer in here then out there. We all get far more entangled in this if we're seen with her.
    'We should go, and all go together but does anyone have a better idea then walking out the front door?'
    "Turns out one of my superpowers is summoning zombie armies," said Imere, starting to type into her phone. "Sir Humperdink, you ever watched Shaun of the Dead? No? Dawn of the Dead? Did they even - okay, basically you've seen some gnarly stuff one way or another, right? I want to dress Lancelot and Dr. Who like corpses. It's okay if the look is a bit low-budget but make sure it conceals faces. Foxstuff is already nasty bloody so she should be easy. Was camouflage invented before or after your time, wasn't WW1 the one where everyone wore red trousers?"

While she was typing she got the bloody mop bucket and emptied it into a couple of plastic water bottles. Then she detached the mop head and tossed the bloody mess at Sebastian. "New hat!"

[Imere's plan is to use her internet fame to summon a zombie flashmob to parade down the street. Lemme know what kind of dice roll that'd be, if any]
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2019-01-14 at 08:34 PM.