Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 1299
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Bandit goals

    He sighs, “Ok fine you got a point. So, here’s the deal. When we scatter like this, I normally go back to Faford and see my family. I can’t exactly show up to my house with an adventurer bound and gagged. Even assuming I can get into town I’m bound to be seen by another adventurer and that’s not going to turn out well.” Speaking to Airmid, “If you can guarantee that no ones going to hurt my family and give me 50 gold, I’ll leave a message with my wife telling you where to go. There you’ll find a note telling you our new camp locations as well as guard rotations and locations. Come by my location and I’ll let you pass. Give it about 4 days by that time they should have all gathered up again. Do we have a deal?”
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-02-04 at 12:26 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #302
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #33

    Hyensum looks around and picks up four small sticks if he an find them and then starts to whittle them down in to kitting needles.

  3. - Top - End - #303
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default A crooked smile develops, "No." She says coldly slicing his throat

    Airmid smiles, "Well, I personally don't have the gold right now, one of my friends here might; however, I can guarantee that I will pay you with my portion of the bounty placed on your group's capture."
    Still offering her hand, as he hasn't gotten up, she will hit him with another Lay on Hands when he accepts. "Stay healthy, stay safe, tell us where your home is in Faford and we'll meet there for the message within four days.
    This way you don't appear to be followed in case someone is watching. And finally, have you seen or encountered any orc encampments lately? They are near here, and we don't want either of our groups running into them."

    Airmid looks around the forest, "Hyen!? Where are you?" Turning back to the group, "We really should find our friend before someone gets hurt on accident."

  4. - Top - End - #304
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Gold and a Missing Member

    Zetaya looks to Clarity "Sister, you should be the one to find Yen. You can perfectly see in the dark and your tracking skills are by far the best of the group, only matched by" she chuckles slightly "Yen himself." She turns to the bandit, takes out a gold pouch (containing 60 gp), and puts it on his stomach. "Here is 60 gold, 50 for what we're agreeing upon and an extra 10 as a safe measure. This sounds like a good plan. I must also agree with my comrade here, have you seen any Orcs around? There has been news of an encampment nearby and maybe you or a comrade has seen them around?" She smiles warmly but wearily at the bandit.

  5. - Top - End - #305
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default A business proposition doesn't include an all in hand.

    "I personally feel we should give him 15 gold now and more when everything is complete. I do not believe in paying full price for a service I have not yet received." Clarity puts the gold she was pulling out herself back in her own pouch after seeing Zetaya throw down such a large amount, "I will see if I can track him down while the trail is still fresh, but I will not go out terribly far, to split us all up would make us easy targets in unknown territory. A crow is not murder when alone."

    Clarity attempts to track down Hyensum using whatever skills at her disposal, and she will only rely on magical means and exchange if absolutely necessary.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  6. - Top - End - #306
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default "We are murder"

    "You know I hate when you call us a murder! It's just so..... wrong!" Airmid calls out to her morbid and metaphor driven friend as she takes off to search for Hyen.

  7. - Top - End - #307
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default A parade of adventurers? A dungeon of adventurers? Oh wait, a party!

    Clarity calls back over her shoulder as she moves away, "Would you prefer an unkindness of ravens instead? Would that leave your mind at ease? You are the only one I know that could be a single fish that makes the school my pure friend." Clarity finishes, amusement evident in her voice, before moving into the brush.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  8. - Top - End - #308
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Words words words

    "What she means to say, is that I'm the beacon that guides others to purity of self. A lone 'fish' that makes the school, as others would swim towards my radiance to better their beings."
    Turning to Zetaya, "Isn't that right?"

  9. - Top - End - #309
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Reply

    Zetaya gets up off the ground, smiles down at Airmid, and nods her head as she murmurs "mmhmm".

  10. - Top - End - #310
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Recruiters

    The bandit does a quick count of the money before he answers, “Hmm orcs…. Right I remember where they are. If you head almost directly south west of here, you’ll find their camp next to the river. I would be careful with them though. I’ve been there with the boss before and seen trolls walking around. Not sure how they tamed a troll but that’s what it looks like. Any way see you lot in a couple of days.” With that he starts to walk away following the path that he was taking before. “O one more thing watch your step we have placed traps everywhere around here so your friend may have fallen into one of the pits. If he’s in one of the pits you probably should give him some medicine, its not exactly clean in the pits wouldn’t want him to get sick.”
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-02-05 at 01:15 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #311
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Clarity in the dark

    You quickly find the tracks left by Hyensum and follow them. They turn several times following various different sets of tracks of different creatures even a rabbit at one point pretty much everything except for a humanoid. At this point you know two things one Hyensum can't track to save his life and two is hopelessly lost. All the while you avoid the various small traps that are scattered though the area. After about a min of looking you hear what sounds like someone drawing a blade across wood coming from the direction that Hyensum's tracks go.

  12. - Top - End - #312
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Be kind to your kindling

    Clarity approaches the sound cautiously and begins a slower, stealthier mode of movement the louder it becomes. She attempts to observe anything else surrounding the noise as she moves in.
    If there are any hostile entities she will prepare for combat by looking for getaway spots or decent trees to climb.

    Spoiler: stealth roll
    Show
    (1d20+8)[20]
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  13. - Top - End - #313
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default FF Maybe

    Hyensum you hear a faint rustling in the brush off to your left about 15 ft away. It doesn't sound like an animal.

  14. - Top - End - #314
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #34

    Craft roll (1d20+2)[7]

    Hyensum stops carving the sticks and stealthy moves back with his kukris ready to attack if he can not reconise the person or thing approaching, and keeping an eye out for others.

  15. - Top - End - #315
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Waiting

    Zetaya leans up against a nearby tree, tilts her head back, stares at the stars, and waits for Clarity and Hyensum to come back. While she is waiting, looking at the stars, she is also keeping an ear out for anything.

  16. - Top - End - #316
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Clarity in the dark

    Clarity you notice the sound has stopped.

    Zetaya you don’t notice anything out of the ordinary. Just the normal sounds one would expect from a forest at night.
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-02-07 at 03:01 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #317
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default "It's quiet, too quiet"

    Airmid kicks around a rock in the dirt waiting for Clarity and Hyensum to return, "I feel like they're taking too long..."

    Spoiler: DM
    Show
    I kind of feel like dragging this out for the small payoff of, "Is it or isn't it them" for a minuscule chance that you "tricked" one of the players to attack the other momentarily is REALLY not worth it when you're involving a player that doesn't often get time to post due to his work schedule.
    I'm also only bringing this up, 'cause it's day 3 now since it started.
    Last edited by Nathan-the-Anon; 2019-02-07 at 08:11 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #318
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Tick Tock Little Rabbit

    Clarity enters the area where Hyensum is, "Hyensum, I know you are here, your tracks lead right to this location." Clarity says low and evenly, "We need to go catch up to the others. We have taken care of the scout now and need to move on to greener territories."

    Clarity will keep her bow low and arrow in hand but in a casual display of motion and not threatening at all.

    Spoiler: Slashed
    Show
    If she is attacked she will use Scorpion Strike on the target one round (1d20+5)[18] Dmg (1d6+2)[7] and Fortitude save DC 16 or have movement reduced to 5 feet per round for 4 rounds. Regardless of hit or miss following rounds action will be full round action withdraw back in the direction of friends. Scorpion Style Strike is a standard action so it will forever be my held action for in situations like this. (But at the same time lets face it, if Hyensum attacks me with a full scale sneak attack of 4 hits I am most likely dead anyways.)


    Spoiler: Seen and Shouting
    Show
    If an enemy sees Clarity and either attacks ranged or shouts any alarm she will simply disappear back towards friend.


    Spoiler: Surrounded
    Show
    If Clarity gets jumped and closed in she will attempt to immediately use withdraw action to climb a tree if she can't in fact move away from the crowd jumping her. Grasp is always used if climb check fails. Climb Check: (1d20+7)[25]


    Spoiler: DM Speed is God Speed
    Show
    For simplicity's sake lets just say if Hyensum comes quietly we just make our way back to the group without causing too much commotion, IE as quickly and quietly as possible.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  19. - Top - End - #319
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default FF

    Hyensum you hear Clarity speak from the direction of the sound you hear earlier.
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-02-09 at 12:02 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #320
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #35

    Steping out from the bushes Hyensum picks up the sticks and says "then let us go."

  21. - Top - End - #321
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Unsplit the party

    Clarity and Hyensum walk out of the bushes and rejoin the group.

  22. - Top - End - #322
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Welcome back our lost brother and sister

    Airmid delivers a final kick to the rock she'd been brutally abusing with her boot, then turns to Clarity and Hyensum.
    "Did you update our four-armed brother? We've got an entrance plan and some info on the Orcs nearby!"

  23. - Top - End - #323
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #36

    "No. You can inform me on the way." looking around Hyensum asks "Where is the Horn blower?"

  24. - Top - End - #324
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Horn Blower? Hehehe

    Zetaya gets up from the tree and looks to Clarity and Hyensum. "Our bandit bugle buddy has left. He will be giving us the insights to the bandit camp and help us capture them in a few days time. I'm glad to see you unscathed Yen." She smiles and stifles a slight yawn. "The way I see it we have a few options. Go to the orcs now, go to town and rest, set up camp near the road and rest, or any combination of those. What do you all think?"

  25. - Top - End - #325
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default True and False paths

    "I am for getting as close to the orcs as possible and setting up camp. We should rest before too long so we can scout them best during the day." Clarity says in slight monotone, "If we go back now we waste time we now have even less of if we are to keep appointments. However, if we don't feel the urge to rush now that's fine too."
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  26. - Top - End - #326
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Orc-ganic whole foods

    "Camp out in the forest and scout the orcs in the morning. Sounds good, and a little fun."
    Airmid nods in agreement and gestures to Clarity to lead ahead.
    "Find us a good spot to camp, then we hit up their camp in the morning."

  27. - Top - End - #327
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #37

    "Then lets camp here. It gets us out of the cold and stops us from making mistakes in the dark." Hyensum says.

  28. - Top - End - #328
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Hmmm...I Think Not

    Zetaya shakes her head. "That would also be unwise. This is one of the outposts for the bandits. Unless we can guarantee the campsite will look as if we never were there tomorrow it will be a dead giveaway to our presence and that will make the bandits skittish. I feel it best to go with Clarity's idea, as long as we don't get too close."

  29. - Top - End - #329
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #38

    Hyensum looks over at Zetaya "They already know we are here. hare to hide a horn blowing. Also we need to sleep if you want to go forward then i will not stop you I will be here seting up a camp." After saying that Hyensum starts to gather supplies to start a fire.

  30. - Top - End - #330
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default They Will Be Back

    Zetaya looks at Hyensum, smiles, and shakes her head. "I'm sorry, I didn't explain." She gives herself a facepalm send warmly explains "The bandit told us the other bandits have already scattered. In a few days time they'll be back and the bandit outpost rotation will start. The moment a bandit that wasn't our 'friend' sees the camp they'll change their location or the very least tell the chief. We're supposed to meet the bandit's wife to get the rotation schedule and a layout of the camp. When I say it's unwise I mean it'll go against the plan already laid out to deal with the bandits."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •