New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Campsite Quarrels

"Essentially what we are proposing is getting closer to the Orcs, but if you don't want to be put at risk I understand. I wouldn't worry about any bandits seeing us, they probably know exactly where we were spotted already so it shouldn't affect the way they hide. Besides by the time we see the bandit's wife the location will be finalized."

2. - Top - End - #332
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Default Yes, you're right

Zetaya sighs and nods. "You're right. I'm-" she pauses "I'm sorry. I'm letting my anxiety and thoughts get the better of me. I'm just trying to think cautiously and logically. Both ideas are good ideas. Either way the orcs are going to be better scouted during the day, because aren't they nocturnal?" She turns to Clarity. "I heard your plan sister but would you be okay camping here? We really shouldn't split up and it seems as if Yen had made up his mind."

3. - Top - End - #333
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Long nights, Impossible odds

"Alright then. I guess we can stop for the night."
    Clarity stretches her arms out some and pulls out her bedroll after a couple of light stretches.
    "Guess it's rations for dinner tonight huh? Oh life on the open road."
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

4. - Top - End - #334

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Camping

Hyensum is able to find a small clearing that's suitable for your campsite and enough wood to last the night and light it with a hours work.

Spoiler: Cold Check
    Show
    Please remember to roll your check to resist the cold for this hour. If your within 10 ft of the fire when you sleep you will not have to roll the check.

DC 19

nonlethal (1d6)[5]

Note the dc is higher because I did not read the full explanation on it before. The DC increases by 1 per previous save I though that it only increased with a failed save but it doesn't it just increases. I'm not going to change who took damage before but just wanted to tell you the reason for the DC increase.

If you have taken cold damage after the fire is going will be able to remove the nonlethal from cold as normal.

Spoiler: camping
    Show
    We are going to be using the rules that I have stated in the discord channel rules-debates for camping.
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-02-18 at 06:58 AM.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Default Hyensum post #39

(1d20+7)[18] fort save

Hyensum will place is bedroll near the fire and then try to warm up.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Default Setting Up To Sleep

Zetaya will take out her own bedroll and place it opposite of Hyensum on the outskirts of the campfire's light. She stifles a yawn and stretches as she sits in her bedroll. "If everyone is okay with it I can take the last watch," She offers as she starts laying down.

Spoiler: DM
    Show
    If the outskirts are too far away or make it where we can't stay together easily then I'll just be near the campfire.

7. - Top - End - #337

Default Tiniest Shiniest warmest mom

Airmid will don her armor and cast bed of steel upon herself, then curl up about 15 feet away from the fire so that she warms the metal of her plated armor but not too close that it scalds her.

(1d20+11)[16] vs DC19

Clearly feeling the cold, she'll scoot a little closer to the fire after being unable to get to sleep.
    Last edited by Nathan-the-Anon; 2019-02-19 at 06:51 PM.

8. - Top - End - #338

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Late start

The night passes without problems. The next day you set out for the orc camp. At current you are all about 3 hours away from the camp location that was reported by the bandit you all figure that they wouldn't have scouts this far so it would be safe to stop here.

(Who wants to go forward and scout the orc scouts.)

Time 9:30pm
    Date Lamashan 18

9. - Top - End - #339
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Default Hyensum post #40

Hyensum looks around and says "I will go and scout the camp."

Spoiler: For DM
    Show
    my stealth roll will have an extra 3 due to skill focus for my phantom in my head.

10. - Top - End - #340

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Scout the scouts

It takes a couple of hours till you see the first scout. It’s a solitary orc. But it looks strange. It’s much smaller then a what you would think normal for an orc you would say it’s female but it doesn’t have any of the other signs.

It seems to be moving along in a winding route around the camp.

After observing that orc and several others over the next half hour your confidant that you can slip in closer to the main camp without being noticed though your not sure if you could bring along the rest of the party and remain unnoticed.

Time 11:30pm
    Date Lamashan 18
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-02-24 at 05:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Default Hyensum post #40

I will continue onward carefully.

12. - Top - End - #342

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Scout the camp

You are forced to move much slower due to greater and greater numbers of scouts as you move up but you manage to get into sight of the camp.

Your not able to see much due to the entire thing being surrounded by a wooden palisade made from rough hewn logs. The walls look sturdy enough that traditional segue techniques would be needed for a large group to attack. From the number of live stock wandering around you would estimate their total numbers to be somewhere around 100 though if they have trolls that number could be off depending on how many they have. Your also not sure how much they supplement their food with hunting.

The one thing that stands out the most to you is that you have yet to see a single orc that looks overly large. None have the large bulging muscles that are normally seen on orcs. They also only seem to have clubs or other simple weapons and light armor, and the couple of orcs that you see on the wall don't seem to have any ranged weapons.

The way the orcs look and the way they have their defenses set up seem off to you but your not sure how.

Their is a short shift of the wind that blows from your back toward the town before dying back down and you notice one of the orcs on the wall stop and start sniffing the air and looking toward the forest. Your sure that the orc has smelled your scent.

Time 1:30Am
    Date Lamashan 18
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-02-25 at 01:45 AM.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Default Hyensum post #41

Noticing this Hyensum turns around and starts to carefully sneak back towards the party passing trough any streams or river he saw on his way in.

14. - Top - End - #344

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Scout away

You manage to slip back out of the camp with little issue as the scouts are better set up for keeping people out then keeping them in.

Spoiler: Cold roll
    Show
    Well you lucked out I forgot to do the other rolls I'm not going to have you roll them but I'm still increasing the DC because they should exist I'm just going to say you passed them.
    No matter if you fail all of them your still going to make it back to camp with no problems.
    DC 18: Damage (1d6)[6]
    DC 19: Damage (1d6)[5]
    DC 20: Damage (1d6)[5]
    DC 21: Damage (1d6)[4]
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-02-27 at 04:19 PM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Default Hyensum post #42

Hyensum reports the orc camp information he observed after he gets back back to the party.

16. - Top - End - #346

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Back at camp

Hyensum arrives back at camp.

Time 5:30Am
    Date Lamashan 18

17. - Top - End - #347
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Default You're Back!

Zetaya startles as Hysensum comes back into the camp, Zarvum in tow. "As the wind blows! I'm so glad you're back and safe." She sighs and smiles, even at Zar. "That sure took long... I wonder what made the orcs so small in stature... hmm..." She lowers her head in thought.
    Last edited by Ria_Whitefire; 2019-03-05 at 11:53 PM.

18. - Top - End - #348

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Morning to day

The party rests till the day time.

Time 1:30Pm
    Date Lamashan 18

19. - Top - End - #349
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default After Breakfast Prayer Times

"May the Eye find us in the chaos and calm the violent waves of uncertainty. When the winds do catch us may they bless my aim and guide my rain." Clarity finished her mantra then stands up, "Shall I scout now to see how their defenses are in the day?" She calmly asks of her companions?
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

20. - Top - End - #350

Default The Air amidst us has cleared as Airmid wakes up

Airmid nods in agreement, "Thanks, Hyen, for taking that risk. Though, this seems really weird.... Small orcs? Are we certain they're not humans or elves just masquerading around to scare off locals?"

Turning towards Clarity, "Perhaps you could provide some additional clarity on this situation?" She winks like a goofball, "Sorry, though this situation is a bit strange."

She plops back down onto the ground and stretches her arms, "Guess I can't really do anything just yet. The deafening metallic clanging of my armor would likely scare them away before we saw anything."
    Last edited by Nathan-the-Anon; 2019-03-12 at 10:07 PM.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Default A Pun, Some Clarity, and a Scouting Mission

Zetaya laughs at Airmid's pun. "That's a good one Air," she beams and turns to Clarity, her smile faltering "Yes it would be best for you to go. Maybe it might shine a light on a part of this puzzle." She turns and sits down and the base of a tree, crosses her arms and sighs. Thinking for a moment she unfurls her arms, looks up and smiles. "What do you call a cow with no arms or legs?" She waits for someone to answer with a wide grin.
    Last edited by Ria_Whitefire; 2019-03-10 at 08:46 PM.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Default Hyensum post #43

Hyensum looks over Clarity "Be safe and move with a calm purpose." he then look over at Zetaya "Your question is faulty cow don't and never have had arms."

23. - Top - End - #353
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Default Ugh Fine

Zetaya looks over at Hyensum. "Oh you know what I mean. Fine, no legs" She says her eyes glittering, waiting for another response.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Default Hyensum post #44

"Cow." Hyensum sayes with looking up from his kitting.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Default Hehehe

Zetaya bites her lip as a grin spreads wide across her face. "No, you silly Billy." She looks to her comrades. "Ground beef!" She says rather loudly, bursting into laughter.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Default Hyensum post #45

"My name is Hyensum not Billy, maybe you sould see a priest when we get back to town you might have contradicted a mental illness." Hyensum says kitting two pairs of socks.

(1d20+2)[8]
    Last edited by Heroofnowhere; 2019-03-12 at 05:39 PM.

27. - Top - End - #357

Default It's gettin' in-tents!

Airmid coughs slightly for attention, "What do you call a cow with only 3 legs?"

28. - Top - End - #358
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Default Oh, Oh, Oh... What?

Zetaya's laughing turns to giggles. "Wh... What?" Zetaya manages to say through her giggles. She stops and turns to Hyensum with a wide smile. "I doubt a liking of my own jokes counts as mental illness mister frowny Yen. Come on you usually like my jokes. Nice socks." She giggles again.

29. - Top - End - #359

Default Re: Hard mode Pathfinder

"Tri-tip, as in the roast!" Airmid cackles at her own stupid joke.
    "Zetaya, Zetaya! What do you call a two legged cow?"

30. - Top - End - #360

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Clarity on the run

After several hours working your way through the forest you see the first scouts unlike when Hyensum came through you spot a troll walking next to the orcs. You spot them when they are still pretty far away but you notice the troll is shifting it’s head from side to side sniffing. You don’t think it’s noticed you yet but your also not sure if you can get through the scouts without it picking up your scent. Particularly if there’s more that you can’t see.

Time 4:30Pm
    Date Lamashan 18
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-03-13 at 12:37 AM.