Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 660 of 1299
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Little shinny

    He just kinda looks at you like your crazy and says "The multiple stab wounds are kinda unpleasant..."

    He is still very hurt
    (Below half health)

  2. - Top - End - #632
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Air will rise!

    She'll address each wound as necessary, healing until he feels recovered.
    (4d6)[14]
    (4d6)[13]
    (4d6)[10]
    (4d6)[5]
    When finished she looks him in the eyes, "Did you love her? She called out to you when you were knocked out... I-.... I think I can get her back."

  3. - Top - End - #633
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Death and the guild

    He says "Well if your just going to hand us over to the guild then as much as I love her I'd rather she stayed dead. The only difference now would be that she dies there."

  4. - Top - End - #634
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default I... can fix this.

    "I've.... got an idea. Can you trust me?"
    Airmid is going to sit the bandit up, and in a soft whisper she says, "I've got a few ideas.
    First, we can hide the fact that you're alive and report your deaths. However; this will only work if you cease bandit activities and we need some sort of proof of your death.
    Second, I will have you killed. I believe I will soon be able to raise those from their unfortunate deaths, we can wait until I save her if you want to be sure but that means she'll have to die again.
    Then take your bodies to the guild to confirm it, and I'll request to handle your burial or funeral pyre. At which time I shall bring you both back.
    Finally, should my party not agree with this I will have you killed here and come back to revive you when they're no longer around. However; I think they're pretty amenable."

    (1d20+13)[16] Diplomacy
    (1d20+7)[22] Stealth to whisper (Full +7 because armor isn't going to affect the whisper, but actually help it if I shuffle any it will muffle out what I said at distances :P)

  5. - Top - End - #635
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default One way or another

    He pauses for a moment the says quietly back "All right let's go with option 2. No way they're going to bleave you unless they have a corpse. It's going to be unpleasant but that's the only way I see it goin. Not sure what we goin to do after this though."

  6. - Top - End - #636
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Raising the damned

    "Oh, that's simple. I'll give you part of my reward, you go settle down somewhere you can live on your own or a small town where you won't cause anymore trouble."
    She'll smile and stand up, "Feeling better? Anything still hurting?"

  7. - Top - End - #637
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Repeating the past

    "Only problem with that is that's what her clan tried to do but was still hunted down and they burned an entire town to the ground just to get the ten of them. Two hundred people dead for just ten. Do you really think the same wont happen to us?"

  8. - Top - End - #638
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default They're dead Jim

    "I know it won't. First, they think they're all wiped out or know she is the last, no?
    So if you're dead.... Then why hunt that which is dead? Why were they hunting her anyway?"

  9. - Top - End - #639
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default The burden of knowing

    "As far as we know she's hunted because of her race. Specifically black kitsune. Black kitsune are superior shapeshifters they can take on almost any form of any race and the only way you can tell it's not that race is with higher level magic. All magic aura touching them are suppressed. They just dont give off a magic aura and can be anything.

    The guild doesnt like that so they hunt them. Also black kitsune isn't something specific to one clan it's something like height or hair color not sure what makes one but it does happen."
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-10-17 at 02:30 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #640
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Good good

    "Good, then if it's not something like harvesting something from the body etc, this plan will work near flawlessly!"
    Airmid pauses for a second, "So, as long as she doesn't brandish her abilities and you guys stay clear of unlawful or anti-guild activities you can both live peacefully.
    Though you'll both will have still paid with your lives, so I can... Forgive.... Each of your misgivings, I guess that's why she'll have to die twice then, no?"

    That last line kind of sounded like she kind of took pleasure in that fact, with a small smile subconsciously creeping out at the corners of her mouth.
    "Though, if you do have trust in me... I'll honor your wish and only kill you reviving you both after only one death when the time comes."

  11. - Top - End - #641
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Choices and non choices

    "Well it's not like I have a lot of options right now." He sighs "All right let's get this over with."

  12. - Top - End - #642
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Airmid is merciful

    "Do you have a preference... in uh... how you want to go?"

  13. - Top - End - #643
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #87

    "If you are going to try this, I could stop you but the other two don't seem to like killing so i will do this that way onlyone person has real blood on their hands. Sounds fair right." As he says this he walks over next to the Bandit and Airmid. and then coup De grace right under the chin into the brain.

    (3d6)[12] sneak attack damage (2d4+10)[14] weapon damage auto crit.

  14. - Top - End - #644
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Blood, blood and guts, oh God the horror

    Airmid's face goes white again, she was going to kill him, yes, but this was just too sudden.
    "Th-thank... Y-y-you, I, uhm... Wasn't actually sure I-I'd be about to go through w-with it."
    She picks herself up, pats Hyen on the shoulder before hugging him tightly and rushing out of the tent.

  15. - Top - End - #645
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Health roll for level up

    Rolling my d8 for HP
    (1d8)[4]

    Character Sheet fully updated
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1784512
    Lemme know if any questions.
    Last edited by Nathan-the-Anon; 2019-10-17 at 12:09 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #646
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Praye-rmid

    Airmid exits the tent and kneels down, breathing the forest air in.
    She'll whisper to herself, "What do I do? I'm still so conflicted...."
    Entering a typical kneeling prayer stance, she begins softly praying in Celestial for guidance.

  17. - Top - End - #647
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Pray

    Spoiler: Airmid
    Show
    You hear a voice in your head that you quickly recognize as the voice of one of Torags lower smiths accompaniedas always by the sound of a forge. "Why do you cry girl? That pain you feel is but caused by you. You had the armor to prevent your pain but you cast aside its protection. Next time trust in your armor. If you want to protect others it's a simple as forging armor with your two hands. This would allow you to protect many more then you could by yourself." The voice stops as well as the sounds of a forge and you know that he is gone.

    You then hear another voice faint and feminine speak after a moment of silence "Hush child Torag knows only of how to build a bulwark but nothing of becoming one. I can help you turn your self into a living bulwark.
    Turn to me and I will give you that what you seek.

    My followers are few but each is a bastion of protection."

  18. - Top - End - #648
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default New God who dis?

    As the smith lectures Airmid she slowly sulks into a slump... Accepting each word of criticism with the pains that they bring her.
    When it's over she sighs and starts to stand, when she's startled and falls to the ground as this new voice appears!
    Listening to her words being softly uttered into her mind she fills with hope.
    "Turn to you? That's n-not so easy as I think, is it? Torag is still a great God to me, though I don't think he aligns with my desires..."
    Her voice carries a hint of hope.

  19. - Top - End - #649
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Pick and choose

    Spoiler: Airmid
    Show
    "The choice is yours. The path is hard but short. Torag is many things but he will care not if you leave his service.

    I will wait your choice. Just cast aside the symbol of your devotion and call out to me and I will answer."

    The presence you feel from her vanishes but you know she still watches waiting.

  20. - Top - End - #650
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Back and forth

    Seeing Zetaya's slow and winding approach, Clarity will move to intercept but not fast enough to startle her companion.
    "Sister.... I can see you are troubled. Should you wish to speak on it I am here for you."
    Clarity will speak softly to Zetaya, cast mage hand, and gently pat her shoulder with the force from a comfortable distance away.
    "This situation has driven claws into a yet unhealed wound for both you and Airmid I fear. My regret is that I could not prevent either from happening. Airmid was clutching the dead one and crying.... She seems lost. As do you.
    I am here as the waves hug the shore."
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  21. - Top - End - #651
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Fear is Suffocating Me

    Zetaya stops with Clarity's words send her brow furrows. Motioning for Clarity to follow she'll silently continue, deep in thought. After walking a little longer she'll stop and grin at her.

    "I-I'm fine," she stammers, "I apologize for my behavior. Let's get back to Airmid. She sounds like she needs us at this moment." You walk a little further and she stops again. "Thank you... Sister." she softly murmurs in Aquan as a tear silently falls.

    Spoiler: The Grin
    Show
    You notice there is something off about the smile, like her face is a mask and the smile isn't real.
    Last edited by Ria_Whitefire; 2019-10-20 at 04:01 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #652
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Casting aside the old God

    "I need a moment... I have to tell the others."
    Airmid looks forlorn at her warhammer, pausing for a moment her hand almost eagerly wishing to release this restraint.
    Looking up she searches for Clarity and Zetaya in the woods, knowing that Zarvum and Hyensum are in the tent likely watching already she calls out,
    "Zetaya! Clarity! I.... I need to ask you something!"
    Turning towards the tent she'll call to Hyensum and Zarvum, "Hyen, can you bring your sister and come here?"

  23. - Top - End - #653
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Hyensum post #88

    As he continues to examine the gear Hyensum says "Why don't we talk in the tent it's warmer, and if we need to we can have the Blanks gather everything in the camp."
    Last edited by Heroofnowhere; 2019-10-20 at 08:27 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #654
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Pressing matters

    "No. I don't think you are as fine as you say, but perhaps helping her will help you as well." Clarity whispers at Zetaya but mostly to herself.
    She then picks up speed at Airmids inquiry and moves back to the tent. Upon reaching it, and taking a quick glance behind to make sure Zetaya is still in tow, Clarity will then speak to the shield maiden.
    "What is so pressing? Did something bad happen?"
    She will then notice the bloody body of the second in command and her brow will furrow in annoyance and slight anger. "Why is there yet more death when we have yet to have need of it? Were they not worth more to us alive?"
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

  25. - Top - End - #655
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Pain and Panic!

    "T-th-there's a good reason!! At least.... there was..."
    She sets the warhammer, on its head, on the ground.
    "I couldn't protect someone, whether innocent or not, alive or a doll... I can't rely on protection anymore..."
    Airmid looks up, "I cannot be under Torag's guidance, I think... I'll be entrusting myself to her. She answered me, and told me to follow her and let Torag go."
    She looks back down at the warhammer, her symbol of Torag upon it, "And that's what I've just done... I hope I can continue with you all, but I need to focus not only just on protection now."

  26. - Top - End - #656
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Scorn the forge god

    After Airmid's declaration you all smell smoke and looking down you all see the head of Airmid's banner glowing with heat as if it was in a hot forge. You hear two hammer blows and the holy symbols on either side of the hammers head gets stricken off the hammer as if by a hammer blow to heat softened metal.
    After that the hammer quickly starts to cool.

    Spoiler: Airmid
    Show
    As the hammer is struck so to you feel it. It feels as if a portion of yourself is stricken off as well. You feel the power of your paladin hood leave you as if shutting a door on a blast furnace leaving you somewhat cold and alone.

  27. - Top - End - #657
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default It's so cold

    Airmid shivers with the loss of her power, she'll cling to Clarity to keep from falling to get knees.
    "That w-was just as I f-feared... It feels so lonely and cold now."

  28. - Top - End - #658
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default So Much Has Happened

    Zetaya follows Clarity as she hears Airmid call. Entering the tent she looks from the dead bodies to the women. As she opens her mouth to answer Clarity's words Airmid steps in. Zetaya closes her mouth and lets Airmid speak. As she speaks Zetaya will become more confused then worried as she declares her worship of Torag over.

    Zetaya reaches over to Airmid timidly when the loud hammer blows happen, causing her to jump and quickly retract her arm. Airmid's words hit Zetaya hard. Seeing her companion near falling over 'I need to help her, she's my friend,' Zetaya thinks with the last word sounding weird to her.

    Kneeling down she'll grasp the little one, pull her close, and start singing a song of reassurance. In the embrace she'll feel a warm sensation she's never felt since childhood and smile brightly as she sings.

  29. - Top - End - #659
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Im Singing!!

    Perform Sing check (1d20+4)[11]

  30. - Top - End - #660
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Nathan-the-Anon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Airmid's faith

    Airmid will quiet her soft sobbing with the lullaby, letting go of Clarity and letting herself fall to her knees with Zetaya's unexpected embrace.
    "It'll be ok though, she said she'll guide me.... I feel foolish not asking her name, but her voice... I could feel that she has what I need.
    A better way to protect, and restore, those that I care for."

    She smiles a bright smile, "I don't know when she'll grant me strength, but I hope some time soon."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •