New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Default Hyensum post #108

Zarvum Glares at the Blank
    "I can touch him and that does not make you worthy. That was a poor attempt you will need to try harder than that."

2. - Top - End - #842
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Saucy blank

"Please that would be one step up from materbation." Her tail lashes behind her "Plus I have some accents that you just dont like tits, warm flesh. Your probably like f****** an animated corpse. Speaking of undead your one step up from one yourself so could you even feel anything to know what your doing or do you just clumsily go at it?"

3. - Top - End - #843

Default I guess this is a Hentai now~

Airmid will tenderly caress the catfolk's fur, massaging ALL of his limbs and making sure the blood flows to where it is needed.
    After the full body rub down she'll take his tail and swish it back and forth.

"He'll be fine, lets take him back to the Guild's Office.
    This is on me. Gar can you bury those two using the same ability you used to make this cover? I'd like them to stay safe."

4. - Top - End - #844

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Giant gar

He shrugs then stacks the bodies on top of the stone then casts another spell causing the stone to shift downward and then over the top of them encasing them in a solid stone ball.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Sordid Travels

As the three drag the assassin back to town, Clarity walks near Airmid. For the longest time she will say nothing as she constantly looks around and back to the assassin.
    Eventually she speaks up.
    "If the guild sends out these type of persons to handle an issue as their first reaction they come off as little more than a thieves guild do they not? A place of cold thinking people who send out liars and murderers to do dirty. Airmid, does that make us liars and murderers? Are we not just the same as they?"
    Clarity will pause but a second before shifting gears.
    "Another thing; I know you like the idea of jumping in harms way for others but there is a limit. You sit there and preach about protecting me or those around all the time and even sometimes make jokes about not doing it anymore when we irritate you. Even though we know all that is is bluster from someone who knows she can't be everywhere at once. Well I want to make one thing crystal clear: Do not ever try to shoulder the weights of this very heavy world alone. You want to protect us, that's fine, but don't ever think for a moment that I want to see you get hurt. I want to protect you, too. You and your ideals... your hope that things don't need to be so violent, it's all worth protecting. I took a stab wound today. I haven't been so injured in a very long time, but if that dagger had been meant for you, which it probably would have had I not been here, then I'm glad that I took it over you. I would take many more if it meant that you were eased from your burden but a little."
    Clarity finishes her somewhat lengthy tirade with a small sigh, looks around a little, but speaks no more.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

6. - Top - End - #846
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Default Hyensum post #109

Zarvum rushes forward Shrieking
    "And what would you feel like clay! You know nothing yo-."
    At that point Hyensum interjects sternly with.
    "Zarvum, if you can't play nicely then you wont stay out. And you don't think you can do and say what ever you want without it coming back to bite you. also she was talking about you mouth not you tits why do you think my race covers them up all the time. Now let get back to what we were all doing,"

7. - Top - End - #847

Default Clarity's confessions (♥o♥)

"I honestly don't know, I think just like everything else the Guild isn't black or white.
    A grey mass of policies, regulations and paperwork. There are times where I actually HAVE felt like not protecting some of you.
    Luckily by the time we were ever in trouble I'd either gotten over it or my instincts kicked in and I couldn't help myself."

Airmid scratches the back of her head, then turns to Clarity.
    "I really despise getting hurt, but I hate seeing others get hurt even more.
    So if my suffering can keep others safe then that's all I can do, so I understand you, but please let me take the dagger next time.
    Should you have died there, just to protect me and I'd never known..... I'd never get to be with you again, that hurts worse than any blow ever has."

8. - Top - End - #848

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default It could have been a party

Spoiler: Hyensum
    Show
    The blank looks a little grumpy but gets back to work this time with more tail lashing then before.

It doesnt take you long to get back to the guild and soon you are outside the guild hall.

9. - Top - End - #849

Default Clarity, or I?

Airmid will pick up the catfolk and drape him over her back, "Well, time to settle things.
    Are you ready, Clarity?"

10. - Top - End - #850
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Default Hyensum post #110

once everything is sorted and valued Hyensum and the blanks will pack up everything and have the blanks cover there heads and takes them to the guild making sure to keep an eye out for anything.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Deep Breath

"Yes. Let this end. Then we can put it behind us and gather everyone for a more productive evening. We need to find Zetaya and meet up with Hyen at some point as well. We have supplies to purchase as well."
    Clarity says this with a sigh and a deep breath to prepare herself. She will look around and gather details. As much as possible as everything unfolds.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

12. - Top - End - #852

Default Time to go in~!

Airmid will push open the doors and walk into the Guild Office, looking around to see if it's hostile or if she can just approach the counter as usual.

13. - Top - End - #853

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Stab and go

As you enter the guild hall and the guild girl says "Hello I'm assuming your here to pick that one up?" She points to Zetaya in a pile over in the corner unconscious.

14. - Top - End - #854

Default Airmid will trade

"Zetaya!? Wait, wait no. You guys didn't go after her as well did you!?"
    Airmid's will gently set the catfolk down and rush over to Zetaya, checking her for wounds.
    (1d20+11)[18] (-2 for no healers kit on hand)

15. - Top - End - #855

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Alcohol is a disinfectant

One you step within 5 ft of her you can smell the alcohol a lot of it. With a quick check over you see no visible wounds though it is hard to check due to the large amount of mud and other things covering her.

It's hard to tell but she is either passed out drunk or had a couple of drinks and then was poisoned and that has resulted in her current state.

16. - Top - End - #856

Default Airmid's disappointed

"Oh, my goodness Zetaya!"
    Airmid will hold her nose and walk up to the guild girl.
    "Alright, this one assaulted my friend and then attempted to kill myself and my large friend.
    He's brought back, mostly unharmed as I tended to his injuries and he was dealt with in a non lethal manner.
    What can we do to fix this?"

17. - Top - End - #857

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Performance Reviews

The guild girl ask Gar to place the assassin on the counter. Once he is there she pulls out a wand and casts it on him waking him up.

He wakes up somewhat groggy and gives a smile at the guild girl "Hello there..."

She just raises an eye brow "Speak."

"Umm yes... Well it was easy to track them one of the guys f***** up and got spotted so we had to take measures to see that the alarm wouldn't be raised. Seemed like it would be fine as the two shinys were leaving the bandits wide open after they you know raised them from the dead. Mrs Bow there raised the alarm and we kinda lost the chance to take out the bandits. Mrs Bow also took it as a personal affront that she got a little light stabbing. That's about the long and short of it."

"Did you actually try to kill her?"

"Nope why would I? I just wanted her to shut her mouth and be quiet."

"And the others?"

"We never even had a shot go near the little shiny so not sure what she's going on about. And the big guy kinda blocked a couple of shots with his shield that we tried to slip past him. We didnt shoot at him but they did touch his shield so there is something to say we tried to attack him. But it was just one volley and we had the option of around the shield or through gods only know how thick of stone so ya."

She asks the giant "Is that how it went?"
    Gar "The events are cast in a poor light but that is more or less what happened."

She turns to the rest of you and says "Well your all guilty of falsifying a quest to gain rewards so all of you are fined 500gp and the bonus from killing the kitsune. In total that's 6500gp that you will have to pay to the guild. This cost you can turn in or it can be taken from future quest rewards. The matter of this man and the rest of you is resolved as it doesnt sound like he used excessive force and was acting in accordance with dealing with foes that are preventing a quest completion or providing an obstacle to completion."

"But they took my gear can I have it back?"

"No you lost and what they took is theirs now. Questions?" This last is directed at all of you.

18. - Top - End - #858

Default Nope, all done.

Airmid's will pause for a moment, "Actually, I do believe that we reported the quest accurately.
    They did die, you never said the reward was only if they stayed dead.
    Secondly they died again, and thirdly they're now buried under a tree which holds sentimental value as that's where they saw each other again."

Airmid's smile is a bit cheeky, but everything she said she knows to be truth.

"I did everything I could to benefit all of us. My group with the payment, the bandits with their lives and the guild with removing the problem permanently."

Diplomacy +15
    Last edited by Nathan-the-Anon; 2019-11-07 at 04:00 AM.

19. - Top - End - #859

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Guilds not lawyers

She smiles sweetly at you "Sorry that's not how this works. As an example if we offer you a bounty to kill goblins and bring back their ears as proof killing one goblin and using restore corpse to make it grow back the ear to cut it off again is fraudulent. Same thing when you collect payment for killing a kitsune that you then resurrect since it's not dead. And now the ones that killed it are this felines group.
    Any payment for a killed creature is due per creature not death. We dont pay the same bounty twice unless the second is outside your control. Like if their friend raised them,"

Her grin turns venomous as she leans forward over the counter, "But seeing as I'm such a nice forgiving person bring back the corpse of the two bandits and leave them here and I'll let you keep the 5k for killing them. But you still collected a quest reward under false pretenses so your still being fined. O and if you accept that deal then you'll have geas cast on you. We have a policy of trust here but when that trust is broken we are forgiving but not stupid.

Alternatively you can just keep doing as you will and the fines will stay as they stand now with possible increase for future infractions.

We are not responsible for your moral values only that you do your job or not as the case may be. Why do you think its possible that we have both lich and paladins of Pharasma working for us? We are just a neutral party."
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-11-07 at 04:13 AM.

20. - Top - End - #860

Default Airmid's disappointed

"I'll accept the fines, their bonus for death and a 500g penalty for fraudulent behavior.
    However, the additional 1000g for these others is ridiculous.
    One was just as curious as to my intentions as you and was just trying to protect me from unknown attackers.
    The other was not even part of the plan."

Airmid crosses her arms stubbornly. Then sets down 6 rubies.

21. - Top - End - #861

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default The guild sees all

The assassin speaks up "Mr shiny was the one that cast the spell to raise them."

Guild girl "Hmm and I remember that he was also here when you turned in the quest. He still owes the fine. As he was not just aware but actually participating the the fraud." Speaking to Clarity, "What about you did you know about the plan before, and once you figured out the plan what did you intend to do about the violation?"
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-11-07 at 05:56 AM.

22. - Top - End - #862

Default Gar-darn-it

"Gar, was going to help me bury them. It was only later that I told him my plan and immediately after he helped they attacked.
    This means he had no time to report my infraction and may have just done as he was asked to avoid trouble from me."

Airmid turns to Clarity.
    "You'll never know what she WOULD have done, but if I thought she would approve would I not have told her?"
    Last edited by Nathan-the-Anon; 2019-11-07 at 06:28 AM.

23. - Top - End - #863

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Guild speaker

"Gar pays the fine. He could have said no and with his ability compared to your theres not much you could have done to force him. And she can answer herself. I want to hear her answer to my questions not your answer for her."

24. - Top - End - #864
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Take That!

Clarity lowers her head and thinks a minute before looking up and delivering.

"You want my side of things too then? That's fine because I was under the impression I was just there as an unfortunate obstacle. You want to know where I stand? I stand as an observer. I watched as my group of allies took on a group of bandits and tried bringing them in alive. I also witnessed them do questionable, in my own eyes, things to their hostages despite the 'lack of soul' and I didn't understand many things. I couldn't understand for the life that springs from the rains what could have happened that caused such pain to one of my allies that made her question her reality and fall from grace. I couldn't understand why my other companion paled in flesh and needed to leave the site. After so much pain the alive bandits were put to the blade while I was not around. We came back to town and we meet a steel giant whom none of us have ever seen before, claiming that my maiden friend was a new apostle of some unexplained voice. A voice of mercy. I followed her because she was in pain and I had no reason to trust this giant. I suspected something amiss in how it was all portrayed, but never did I participate. I watched previously as the metal giant tasked himself in the resurrection of what most would consider a doll and yet he had no qualms about flexing this power on the dead bandits. Did I intervene then no, I have yet to actually receive my cut of any reward for the task, nor should I have to report anything or intervene, it is not my job to do so, it is my job to perform the initial quest, not that it stays completed. However, more to that point I was upset that this was not discussed with anyone in our group knowing full well that such repercussions could happen. But what did happen I find appalling to say the least. As I watch the scene unfold I see a person in the brush observing. I couldn't get a clear view of the individual so of course I went to say something about them. It could have been another bandit, it could have been someone waiting to strike my friend, it could have been an associate of the giant waiting for some opportune time to jump us. I couldn't have known. I didn't even start my sentence when I was assaulted and stabbed by him. I am not responsible for self defense as I am not responsible for unknown assailants attacking me or my friends. Had it been bandits like I originally thought they would have met their end all the same and the vixen would have been brought down by my arrows a second time in assumption of the plot. Instead you allow your hired hands to attack one who is least privy to the plot and they can expect no quarter if they don't follow the rules of engagement. I am honestly surprised that you can have anything corrected with these types of fingermen at your disposal but that is irrelevant."
    Clarity looks at Airmid for a second before turning back to the guild girl.
    "Her decisions are her own, I am a friend who can guide but she never has to listen. She is still her own person. If she wants to make decisions like this I will support her bravery and her heart, maybe not her head, but definitely her heart. You can fine her, she will take it in stride. However fining the rest of us will put a bad reputation on your guild as this decision was not unanimous. As far as I'm concerned you called upon guild retribution and used it to attack an innocent. You can guarantee that if you do not put this to consideration that the information I will personally deliver to other adventurers will amount to a huge loss of guild funding and more paperwork than I'm sure you want to handle."
    Clarity pauses for breath and waits for a response.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

25. - Top - End - #865

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Channeling Samuel L Jackston

Through out the entire thing she calmly listens to your story then laughs, "Okay I don't really care about all that I just want to know if you planned on reporting that your party member had raised the bandits, or if you had planned on killing them now that you knew that they had been raised. You knowing about it before it happened is immaterial, only thing I need to know is your response now that you knew.
    If you want I can give you a copy of guild regulations if that helps you understand the fine process and your duty when accepting a quest and the rules that you have to follow in turning in a quest. In this if you know of a plot or of information related to the quest becoming uncompleted like resurrections then its your duty to inform the guild as soon as possible and or prevent the resurrection if possible.
    You getting your cut or not is something that is between your party and you and has nothing to do with the guild. Your payment was given to the party that means the party and everyone in it has been paid and therefor is liable for the fraud. It is within my power to fine your entire group even her," pointing to Zetaya, "and she wasn't even here when you turned in the quest. We don't like doing that so we only fine the ones that we can prove are involved. That is Gar, Airmid, and you since all of you where there at the time of resurrection. Unless you can convince me that you where going to fulfill your duty to the guild and report the transgression or act to prevent their resurrection then you will be fined." she pauses for a moment the continues as an after thought, "Also Parth and his crew have the same connection to the guild as you do. They are just adventurers and happened to speak up first when I announced the quest after your group left. 200gp to watch and tell us what you did plus the potential for a bonus 5000gp if they did have to re-kill the kitsune. I announced what was going on to a room filled with adventurers. Told everyone in the room that I suspected that you where going to commit fraud and offered a quest to find out the truth. Do you really think having more adventurers know why you where fined is a problem? The only thing its going to do is besmirch your name. If you planned on killing them or telling the guild about it then your fine will be removed and you will get the bonus for reporting violations right now." She pull out 10 PP and sets them on the counter. She smiles again but her voice drips venom, "Other wise your fine is 500gp."
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-11-08 at 02:03 AM.

26. - Top - End - #866

Default Airmid is done...

"There's 6,000gp. That covers myself, Gar and the bonus for 'killing'. I'm done here."
    Airmid will place a hand on Clarity, look up at her and give a small smile then will go to Zetaya and pick her up and put her over her shoulder in a firemen's carry.
    "Lets go, Gar. This place reeks of rules that just hinder the protection of others, and only cares for itself."
    She'll then take her leave and as she passes the Catfolk, "I'm sorry for the trouble I caused you, I wish you luck in the future."

27. - Top - End - #867
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Default Unconcious Movements

Airmid grabs Zetaya's arm. Slowly and without force Zetaya's other hand slaps at Airmid's grasp. "No...," she moans as tears fall down her face. "I... won't... go..." silence falls as her tears continue to fall.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Coined Carry on

"Thank you, Airmid, I will catch up later I assure you."
    Clarity turns her attention back to the guild girl, "She has paid the issue out in full now so I assume that we are back to square one.
    In this tantalizing exchange of lack of knowledge and information I have come up with a solution that I would like the guild to consider, I'll even donate some coin right now."
    Clarity pushes the platinum off the counter towards the guild girl and lays out 200 gold.
    "To prevent such misunderstandings in the future I would like them to make joining the guild come with a requirement to read the entry book at least once for all new adventurers and perhaps a re-education for those like myself who didn't really have the luxury the first time. Spells such as Mind link, Skim, and Keighton's Perusal will help educate everyone in a party in rapid time and the entire list of these spells can easily be made into wands for the cause. Any price associated can easily be deducted from adventurers finder fees. Since the guild obviously doesn't care about my emotional attachment to the cause they can at least acknowledge a good method of prevention to prevent scams. Also, I understand you and a handful of these adventurers do not care about setting good examples and reputation from those that aren't adventurers but there is a reason they hate us. This turn about storm isn't helping matters in your light. You say it would only look bad for me but I disagree. One adventurer looking bad makes all look bad in others eyes. I don't see why there can't be some other form of reformation for those in the guilds sights that doesn't require death as an immediate answer. Take the kitsune for example, couldn't you have used some other method of prevention for her crimes. Maybe give a bonus for bringing them in alive and magically bind their powers? This could at least make them not fear us as much. Those unafraid might even approach the guild more often with quests. This means more money for all of us."
    Clarity stops suddenly, feeling a bit drained from so much explanation, but decides to continue a bit more.
    "Just pass this information on to the higher ups, at the very least give me the illusion that this arrangement was worth the pain."
    She turns and walks a couple of steps away before glaring at the catfolk.
    "Parth was it? Come with me, but keep your claws where I can see them. I wish to share that drink with you. Change my mood and I will make it worth your while." Clarity finishes her sentence and holds up one of Parth's daggers to not only put any chance of humor aside, but to make her intentions very clear.
    "Or not, it's your choice, but I think you want to express to me how sorry you are that we follow such a flawed system."
    Clarity walks out the door and heads to the tavern.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

29. - Top - End - #869
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Default Saving Time!!

Fort Save (1d20+6)[16]

30. - Top - End - #870

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Cute then not

Once you haul Zetaya up after fending off her weak attempts to stop you you take her outside. The second you take the first step out the door Zetays vomits all over the front of your armor.

Spoiler: Clarity
    Show
    The guild girl nods and says "I actually will pass that up the chain since that's the first reasonable thing you've said." She then takes your 200gp and says sweetly, "Your remaining fine is 300gp. Have a nice day."

Parth just laughs and follows you out telling you that he knows a place where you can get the good stuff
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-11-08 at 10:36 PM.