Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 50 of 50
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Jun 2017

    Default Re: [5e] Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

    Suraelia swings twice at the northernmost human as she leaps down from the table. The man ducks under her first strike and directly into her second, crying out in pain. Taking advantage of the opening, Aislynn smacks him hard with the flat of her longsword, and he passes out on the floor, knocked out cold. Meanwhile, Ivor charges into the thick of the fray, taking a swing with his greataxe. Unfortunately, his target is able to roll out of the way of the mighty strike.

    Spoiler: OOC: Initiative Order
    Show

    20: Player
    18: Player
    18: Yagra
    16: Player
    9: Krentz
    9: Humans
    7: Player
    4: Player

    It is Round 2.

    It is a player's turn.


    Spoiler: OOC: Battle Map
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [5e] Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

    I rip my axe out of the floor and look at the 2 humans menacingly who are ganging up on Yagra. "Leave her alone or I'll make your life a living hell...."
    (Intimidation) (1d20+3)[9]

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [5e] Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

    "Ye rascals will taste the work o' a real smith tonight!" Horst draws one of his blades, the simple, unadorned sword swishing through the air as he charges and stabs at the nearest bandit.
    Spoiler: actions
    Show
    Move until adjacent a bandit.
    Attack (1d20+6)[24] to hit, (1d6+4)[9] piercing damage.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [5e] Waterdeep: Dragon Heist


    Arrow towards the nearest of the thugs with a drawn blade
    Spoiler: OOC/Rolls
    Show
    Attack roll: (d20+6)[21]

    Damage roll: (d8+4)[7]

    ....and steps back five feet further from the melee

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Jun 2017

    Default Re: [5e] Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

    Horst, you notice the escalation of the melee near the entrance and make an entrance into the fight, landing a solid hit with your blade. Rick steps back from the fight and looses another arrow, which finds its mark in the shoulder of the ruffian south of Aislynn. Yagra takes another wild swing at Krentz, knocking him out cold with a strong hit to the jaw.

    Spoiler: OOC: Rolls
    Show

    Yagra: (1d20+4)[23]

    Unarmed damage: 3


    Spoiler: OOC: Initiative Order
    Show

    20: Player
    18: Player
    18: Yagra
    16: Player
    13: Player
    9: Krentz
    9: Humans
    7: Player
    4: Player

    It is Round 2.

    It is a player's turn.


    Spoiler: OOC: Battle Map
    Show
    Last edited by gloryblaze; 2018-12-15 at 08:08 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [5e] Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

    Suraelia Halorian
    Human Fighter
    HP: 12/12
    Conditions: --

    "Blade Echo!" Suraelia calls out as she swings downwards with one sword and then the other practically in the same arc at the closest foe.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack vs Guy: (1d20+5)[9]
    damage: (1d8+3)[9]
    if crit: (1d8)[6]

    Dual Wielding Bonus action attack vs Guy: (1d20+5)[24]
    damage: (1d8+3)[6]
    if crit: (1d8)[1]]

    If the first hit KOs the foe nearest to her, she'll move and strike at another foe. Also I'll need to edit this post to make her attack call make sense.


    Spoiler: OOC: Initiative Order
    Show

    20: Player
    18: Player
    18: Yagra
    16: Player
    13: Player
    9: Krentz
    9: Humans
    7: Player
    4: Player

    It is Round 2.

    It is the Humans' turn.


  7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Jun 2017

    Default Re: [5e] Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

    Suraelia gracefully follows up on Rick's arrow with a strike from one of her swords, knocking one of the bandits out cold. She then dances over to the human injured by Horst, and sends him to the ground as well. The remaining human, noticing that his crew has been defeated, makes a break for the door. Yagra takes a last swing at him as he runs. Ivor, you notice that you have a chance to attack the man as he flees.

    Spoiler: OOC: Rolls
    Show

    Yagra Opportunity Attack: (1d20+4)[5]
    Unarmed Damage: 3


    Spoiler: OOC: Initiative Order
    Show

    20: Player
    18: Player
    18: Yagra
    16: Player
    13: Player
    9: Krentz
    9: Humans
    7: Player
    4: Player

    It is Round 2.

    It is a player's turn.


    Spoiler: OOC: Battle Map
    Show


    Spoiler: OOC: Available Reactions
    Show
    Ivor may make an attack of opportunity against a human bandit.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [5e] Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

    "Don't ye be runnin' away on me. Ye better answer for disturbin' the peace," Horst shouts, rushing after the fleeing bandit. He swings with the flat of his blade, drawing his second sword, identical to the first, and attacking with it as well.

    Spoiler: actions
    Show

    Move until adjacent the bandit
    Attack (1d20+6)[20] to hit, (1d6+2)[3] damage. (Non-lethal)
    Draw shortsword
    Attack (off hand) (1d20+6)[9] to hit, (1d6)[1] damage (non-lethal)
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhismurWanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [5e] Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

    In a cacophonous mix of squawks and other irritated bird sounds, Clink reaches for his mace and also attempts to stop the last one to flee the scene. If you're going to start a fight, at least stay until the end.

    Spoiler: If Possible...
    Show
    Clink runs for the fleeing man and gives him a non-lethal whack with his mace (assuming he can reach said man. Not sure if/how difficult terrain is being handled, or if diagonal movement costs more. If Clink can't reach him in one turn, he'll just ready an attack if the man turns around to fight Horst.

    (1d20+1)[15] for (1d6-1)[3] nonlethal bludgeoning damage
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Jun 2017

    Default Re: [5e] Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

    Horst and Clink both rush down the fleeing man and accost him. Horst, your first swing strikes true but your offhand attack misses its mark, your sword smacking into the doorframe of the building. Clink, you scramble through the crowd, stepping nimbly over the unconscious body of one of the humans, and your mace makes a resounding thud as you hit the man in the stomach, winding him. The man turns to face the two of you, a manic resolve glinting in his eyes like that of a cornered animal. However, that glint quickly dissolves into a look of pure panic as he catches sight of something behind you and screams in terror.

    Shouts of alarm begin to ring out from all around the taproom as a hulking creature climbs up out of the shaft in the room's center—a monster with warty green skin, a tangled nest of wiry black hair, a long, carrot-shaped nose, and bloodshot eyes. As it bares its yellow teeth and howls, you can see that a half-dozen bat-like creatures are attached to its body, with three more circling above it like flies. Everyone in the tavern reacts in fear except for the barkeep, Durnan, who simply shouts, “Troll!” He pulls a sword out from under the bar and vaults over the bar, towards the monster.

    Spoiler: OOC: Rolls
    Show

    Troll initiative: (1d20+1)[14]
    Durnan initiative: (1d20+2)[7]
    Stirge initiative: (1d20+3)[14]


    Spoiler: OOC: Initiative Order
    Show
    20: Player
    18: Player
    18: Yagra
    16: Player
    14: Stirges
    14: Troll
    13: Player
    9: Krentz
    9: Humans
    7: Player
    7: Durnan
    4: Player

    It is Round 3.

    It is a player's turn.


    Spoiler: OOC: Battle Map
    Show
    Last edited by gloryblaze; 2018-12-19 at 02:40 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The Triangle, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [5e] Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

    Aislynn swallows hard and steels herself, calling up the fury of her ancestor. Her eyes flash red and she fires a blast of eldritch force at the troll.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus action: Hex. The troll has disadvantage on Strength checks and takes 1d6 necrotic damage whenever Aislynn hits it. Standard action: Eldritch Blast Attack: (1d20+6)[12] Damage on a hit: (1d10)[5](1d6)[3]

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [5e] Waterdeep: Dragon Heist


    Moves to get line of sight of the Stirges and Troll and shoots an arrow towards the nearest one.
    Spoiler: OOC/Rolls
    Show
    Attack roll: (d20+6)[15]

    Damage roll: (d8+4)[9]

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Jun 2017

    Default Re: [5e] Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

    Aislynn, you weave your eldritch magics into a curse which you place upon the troll, and then attempt to follow up with a blast of force. However, the troll's leathery hide seems to absorb your magic.

    Rick, you climb atop the table next to you to give yourself a clear view of all the monsters who have entered the tavern. You take aim at one of the stirges nearest you and shoot it out of the sky with a single arrow, causing the mosquito-like creature to pop in a splatter of blood and gastric fluid.

    Yagra muscles through the doorway and attempts to tackle the fleeing man to the ground. "I have this dastard! Go help Durnan with the beasties!"

    Spoiler: OOC: Rolls
    Show

    Yagra grapple attempt: (1d20+2)[22]
    Bandit grapple resist: (1d20+1)[2]


    Spoiler: OOC: Initiative Order
    Show
    20: Player
    18: Player
    18: Yagra
    16: Player
    14: Stirges
    14: Troll
    13: Player
    9: Krentz
    9: Humans
    7: Player
    7: Durnan
    4: Player

    It is Round 3.

    It is a player's turn.

    Aislynn and Rick have acted.

    Clink, Horst, Ivor, and Suraelia have turns left.


    Spoiler: OOC: Battle Map
    Show
    Last edited by gloryblaze; 2018-12-20 at 04:57 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhismurWanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [5e] Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

    Clink turns and shudders at the ghastly sight of the bursting blood-filled bug. He reaches for the holy symbol at his side and begins the proper motions to confer a blessing to the three capable fighters who seemed ready to charge into the fray. The sound of coins exchanging hands leaves his beak and seems to amplify through the room for a moment as he casts.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Bless on Suraelia, Ivor, and Horst.
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Jun 2017

    Default Re: [5e] Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

    As the warmth of divine blessing fills Ivor, Horst, and Suraelia, the monsters that emerged from the well begin to wreak havoc.

    "Oi, beastie, lookie 'ere!" You hear Durnan's voice rise above the clamor of fear in the tavern. Glancing over, you can see that he's gesturing to the troll with an open hand. He appears to have cut himself with his greatsword, and a rivulet of blood marks his palm. The troll, smelling the fresh blood, shambles towards him, flailing with its fearsome claws before lunging forward with a bite.

    Meanwhile, the six stirges that had been attached to the troll languidly detach themselves and drift back into the well. Their bloated bodies and slow movements give off the impression that they are returning home to digest their meals in a quieter and darker place that a tavern taproom in broad daylight.

    However, the remaining two striges are not so easily deterred. They seek a meal before returning home. Both flutter towards Durnan when he cuts himself, drawn by the scent of blood, but they quickly change course when the troll barrels towards the barkeep in order to stay out of its way. They flit into the thronging crowd at the front of the tavern. One bites at Suraelia while another attempts to attach itself to Horst.

    Spoiler: OOC: Rolls
    Show

    Troll attacks vs. Durnan: (1d20+7)[10]
    (1d20+7)[14]
    (1d20+7)[27]

    Damage: (2d6+4)[11]
    (2d6+4)[10]
    (1d6+4)[5]

    Stirge attack vs. Horst: (1d20+5)[6]
    vs. Suraelia: (1d20+7)[12]

    Damage vs. Horst: (1d4+3)[4]
    vs. Suraelia: (1d20+3)[9]


    Spoiler: OOC: Initiative Order
    Show
    20: Player
    18: Player
    18: Yagra
    16: Player
    14: Stirges
    14: Troll
    13: Player
    9: Krentz
    9: Humans
    7: Player
    7: Durnan
    4: Player

    It is Round 3.

    It is a player's turn.

    Aislynn, Clink, and Rick have acted.

    Horst, Ivor, and Suraelia have turns left.


    Spoiler: OOC: Battle Map
    Show

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [5e] Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

    Suraelia Halorian
    Human Fighter
    HP: 12/12
    Conditions: Bless

    "Don't worry everyone, we can handle this!" Suraelia says to encourage the party as well as to reassure anyone else in the area as she then takes tries to cut down the stirges.

    Spoiler
    Show

    She attacks the stirge next to her first and if she kills it she moves on to attack the one near Horst. If she kills both she uses her remaining movement to get as close to the troll as she can.

    Attack vs the Strige: (1d20+5)[25]
    damage: (1d8+3)[8]
    if crit: (1d8)[4]

    Dual Wielding Bonus action attack vs Stirge: (1d20+5)[14] + 4 = 18
    damage: (1d8+3)[5]
    if crit: (1d8)[8]


    Spoiler: OOC: Initiative Order
    Show

    20: Player
    18: Player
    18: Yagra
    16: Player
    14: Stirges
    14: Troll
    13: Player
    9: Krentz
    9: Humans
    7: Player
    7: Durnan
    4: Player

    It is Round 3.

    It is Humans turn.

    Aislynn, Clink, Suraelia, and Rick have acted.

    Horst and Ivor have turns left.

    Last edited by Ramsus; 2018-12-21 at 02:07 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Jun 2017

    Default Re: [5e] Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

    Suraelia darts through the battlefield, deftly slicing both remaining stirges in twain before making an approach at the troll.

    The last remaining member of Krentz's gang attempts to muscle free of Yagra's grip and flee through the tavern's door.

    Spoiler: OOC: Rolls
    Show

    Grapple escape attempt: (1d20+1)[2]
    Grapple maintenance attempt: (1d20+2)[12]


    Spoiler: OOC: Initiative Order
    Show
    20: Player
    18: Player
    18: Yagra
    16: Player
    14: Stirges
    14: Troll
    13: Player
    9: Krentz
    9: Humans
    7: Player
    7: Durnan
    4: Player

    It is Round 3.

    It is a player's turn.

    Aislynn, Clink, Suraelia, and Rick have acted.

    Horst and Ivor have turns left.


    Spoiler: OOC: Battle Map
    Show
    Last edited by gloryblaze; 2018-12-21 at 04:20 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Jun 2017

    Default Re: [5e] Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

    Horst ducks into the doorframe, taking evasive action to shelter himself from the troll. Meanwhile, Durnan begins to hack away at the monster with his greatsword, which glints brightly even in the somewhat dimly lit tavern.

    Spoiler: OOC: Rolls
    Show


    Attacks:
    (1d20+8)[18]
    (1d20+8)[17]
    (1d20+8)[11]
    (1d20+8)[9]

    Damage:
    (2d6+4)[14]
    (2d6+4)[14]
    (2d6+4)[11]
    (2d6+4)[10]


    Spoiler: OOC: Initiative Order
    Show
    20: Player
    18: Player
    18: Yagra
    16: Player
    14: Stirges
    14: Troll
    13: Player
    9: Krentz
    9: Humans
    7: Player
    7: Durnan
    4: Player

    It is Round 3.

    It is a player's turn.

    Aislynn, Clink, Horst, Rick, and Suraelia have acted.

    Ivor has a turn left.
    Last edited by gloryblaze; 2018-12-30 at 06:43 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [5e] Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

    Ivor grabs his axe and swings hard against the troll aiming to deal massive damage to this beast and end this fight sooner than later.
    (1d20+6)[19] (Attack)
    (1d12+4)[15] (Damage)

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The Triangle, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [5e] Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

    "Aw c'mon weird ancestor magic, don't fail me now!"

    With her plea, Aislynn feels the fury of her ancestor surge forth again. This time, her eyes briefly turn black as a baleful curse is laid upon the troll, and she launches another eldritch blast.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus action: Hexblade's Curse. Aislynn deals +2 damage on all attacks against the troll and crits on a 19-20. Standard: Eldritch Blast. (1d20+6)[12](1d10+2)[6]+(1d6)[3]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •