Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 20: Another day, another disaster

[Descending into Darkness - Archera & KABAL]

No one is observing them at the moment. Fourtunately no one was foolhearted enough to follow the super-hero into the bad parts of the city.
    So a few seconds after the lock on the backdoor is removed by flicker, the door on the front door is destroyed. She will find that she has entered the same "room" as the other three.

She can on the other side see Spewer, Flicker and Not-Irena enter through the backdoor. They're in one large room filled with rows upon rows of shelves. These shelves as well as the floors beneath them are covered in rat feces that are stinking up a storm. But as they just came from the sewers they shouldn't have much trouble adjusting to it.
    They can't see or hear anyone, the warehouse seemingly completely abandoned, but as they step further inside something will likely catch their attention. There is a huge hole in the floor and the ceiling, something which would have been difficult to spot from the outside due to the flat roof.

It seems like the hole have been created in the middle of this room by some falling object. Judging by the age it likely dates back to the invasion. A lot of buildings in riverside had damages like this but only the abandoned ones still have them. Though that's not what's making this particular hole so remarkable.
    If they peer down inside it they can see it leads down into a basement but then seems to have penetrated the bed rock and ended up in some kind of tunnel below the building. "I didn't get this far..." Not-Irena grumbles as they carefully peers down into the depths.

It's pretty dark inside the room, but they might still detect movements on the shelves. Rats. Five at most that are simply staring at them from their position on the upper shelves.

((I should point out that they saw not-Irena shadow jump and manifest a blanket of shadows so unless they forgot about that happening after like an hour I don't think they have that belief. ))

[Tracking Rats - Ruby and Fade]

The "teeth" are simply natural stone formations. They are neither part of a monster or some elaborate trap mechanism. Or so Fade and Ruby are lead to believe once they inspect them at the very least.

"Whose there? Help! Trapped!" The voice cries out in response from inside the cave. Otherwise the tunnel system around them remains quiet beside the sound of the river nearby.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-12-07 at 03:31 PM.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Orc in the Playground

Descending Into Darkness- Archera & KABAL

...That might have been her gear! But their player had forgotten about it.

Flicker spots the rats first, and points them out to the others. She could try shooting them, but by the time she got close enough for a guaranteed kill they'd dart down any nooks or crannies between the shelves. Spewer turns his torch on and has a look down at the cellar, trying to find a ladder or staircase down for them to use. "Flicker could jump down there and poke around, her power protects her from falls. But she might not have a way back up again, and I don't have a safe option to get down." Archera's water might be able to slow her down, and Irena's shadowjumping would certainly help out. Flicker would fall down, teleport when she's really close to the floor and cancel the momentum of the fall to land safely.

Flicker's going to use her power to get around this floor quickly, checking out any boxes, sacks or hatches she finds on her way. Were this Skyside, there might be a gang's weapon cache here, or some dangerous and experimental technology abandoned by its creator. But it isn't, so she doesn't really know what to expect.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

When Archera goes through the door she looks back and forth rapidly. But it's just an open space. She walks toward the others, scanning the room as she goes. No use being caught unawares by someone ducking behind a shelf. She stops at the hole and leans over to look down it.

"I can get us back up if we need to." Archera pulls her bow off her back and holds it ready. The water that's been trailing her falls down the edge of the hole. "I'll jump down first and make sure it's clear. We'll figure out what to do after that." Without waiting for arguments about who should do what, she jumps into the middle of the pit. She plummets like a rock until; the last stretch where she manipulates the water to break her fall. She passes through a layer of water and emerges on the other side with her momentum drastically reduced. She lands, going down on one knee and looks around.

4. - Top - End - #664

Not-Irena looks like she might have wanted to protest, but it looks like it's too late for that now.
    How did her not-wife turn into such a badass? She had of course been there for the entire process but she never saw her in action this up-close when she was in her Archera persona.
    Peering down into the depths she apparently has to wait despite the fact she could just shadow-jump down there.

Down below Archera will find a tunnel in a complete absent of light. It appears natural considering the lack of support beams and other engineering. This hole she descended into was likely not created by whatever fell through the roof of the building but had likely existed as a large hollow space right underneath the warehouse and the projectile simply broke through the thin layer of ground above it.

All this meant that this tunnel, lacking any kind of support and with the massive weight of a building on top of it, was likely unstable. Yet it seemed to continue further than Archera's light could reach in both directions, seemingly going on endlessly as far as she could see.

But her light might catch a glimpse of something out of place here. While the tunnel and it's sorrundings all seemed natural, there were some very unnatural explosive charges planted along the walls of the cave in both directions. Cords connecting them all together and disappearing further into the right tunnel.

5. - Top - End - #665

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [HollyxViolet]

"Alright, just make sure you don't go out there unprepared. I want you to be able to leave in twenty minutes so make use of that time. You'll save some by driving to the manhole closest to where the rats are gathering. I'll find out where it is while you make preperations." And so Holly is sent off.

It looks like MERC only have two cars at their disposal at the moment as the rest are preoccupied fighting rats and dealing with some inccident related to KABAL. Or so the other members claim at least.

Eventually, Holly will find herself before a opened manhole with Violet and a group of other MERC members staring down into it. Even from here they can hear what must be the movement of a lot of rats coming from the hole.
    "I'm detecting faint magic through Violet." Dena comments as the peculiar floating drone moves towards the manhole. "Don't got a clue what it is though, so let's say I'm detecting 'weirdness'." Since that's what magic essentially was.
    [Tracking Rats - HollyxViolet]

Holly the Half-ElfTM knows how to drive cars, thanks to a crash course by a certain member of another organization some time ago. This is the second organization's official car she drove through Riverside.

After a bit of preparation (grabbing a shotgun for appearances) and time to plan out ways to deal with large groups of rats, she arrives at the Eastside manhole, with the other MERC members and Violet.

"Okay," she responds through the radio. "Can't see anything from here but can definitely hear them. Over."

Holly looks up at the other MERC members. "Has anyone gone inside yet?" she asks, practically volunteering. "I imagine it'd be easier to deal with them before they spread out everywhere."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Orc in the Playground

Descending Into Darkness- Archera & Kabal

Flicker shrugs and jumps in after Archera. She falls naturally, until she's very close to the ground at which point she teleports her usual very short distance and shunts all her momentum into another dimension. She's got a torch, which she'll flick on to have a better look around.

Spewer's going to be last down, probably, as he's currently looking for a way down that a normal person could use. His power is unfortunately not great at saving him from being injured by falls and long drops. His power doesn't even work very well at preventing him from being harmed by normal people, since it triggers a fight-or-flight response.

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground

Archera takes a moment to take in her surroundings. Flicker materializes just in time to hear her curse. "The others shouldn't come down here. This place could go up at any second." Flicker shouldn't have either, but Archera doesn't control her.

"Don't touch anything and keep quiet. We don't know if we're alone down here yet." She warns. Then she closes her eyes and focuses. Up above Irena will feel a sense of warning, danger. It very clearly communicates 'stay away'.

8. - Top - End - #668

Not-Irena will not descend regardless how much she wanted to right now. It might put Archera in even more danger for all she knew.
    Down below her, Flicker might see the reason to why Not-Irena is staying above if Archera is still illuminating the explosives or if she have good dark vision.
    Regardless of their knowledge of explosives they can probably venture that this is enough to bring down this entire tunnel. But as Archera suspected, they aren't alone here either as they can see what appears to be rats down here as well. Like on the shelves they seem to be content with staring at the two from the darkness of the tunnel. Their beady eyes reflecting the light of Archera's lantern.

Furthermore, they can see what appears to be several ropes laying on the ground around the hole as well as an unusual amount of dried up mud that seem far more recent than this passage's seemingly ancient origin. These walls were not made with any kind of technology, and neither was the hole they just descended through. Whoever owned or operated the warehouse while it was still in bussiness probably didn't even know all this existed below their feet.

One of the goblins speak up. "We just got here ourselves." She gestures at the manhole. "All we've managed to do is confirm that you were right. There is a whole horde of 'em passing by here. You reckon what they're up to? Some magic crap?"

The mercenaries glance at one another. Magic was nice when it was simple and predictable. A person throwing fireballs, a flying carpet, a crystal ball. They all knew what those things could do.
    But then there was the weird magic, the one that couldn't be predicted. The kind that could easily make someone die or worse if it got slightly wrong and was connected to strange alien beings.
    No one like that kind of magic and these rats had it all over them.

[Tracking Rats - Descending into Darkness (Amalungak)]

Tarim and Amalungak eventually manage to find a passage that allows them both to follow the rats. It's actually fairly eventless as the rats simply keep moving and ignores them.
    That is until they can hear voices (though not make out what they are saying) and see a light in the distance. It appears that someone has opened up a manhole, allowing a small stream of light into the darkness. Whoever is doing it seems to be discussing something above them.
    The rats are uncaring though as they simply continue in a steady stream past the opened manhole.
    "Looks like others are coming down here." Tarim remarks in a hushed tone.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Orc in the Playground

Descending into Darkness

"Please tell me you know how to disarm bombs." Flicker will telehop over to the nearest bomb and examine it. She's not got much knowledge of explosives, but she might be able to help disconnect things the same way she removed the padlock. She does obey, though, not touching anything and holding her breath so she doesn't even breathe on the explosive.

Spewer goes to the edge of the hole, lies down overlooking it and calls out. "What's down there, guys? Do you need help, or what?"

10. - Top - End - #670
    Titan in the Playground

[Tracking Rats - Descending into Darkness (Amalungak)]

"It's not surprising," Amalungak replies, likewise quietly. "If we haven't run into more of them before, it's only because of the size of the sewers. We should stay focused on the rats. Something big may be about to start happening."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #671

The "teeth" are simply natural stone formations. They are neither part of a monster or some elaborate trap mechanism. Or so Fade and Ruby are lead to believe once they inspect them at the very least.

"Whose there? Help! Trapped!" The voice cries out in response from inside the cave. Otherwise the tunnel system around them remains quiet beside the sound of the river nearby.
    [The Homeless Initiative] -> [Warehouse Shelter]

Kalr heads for the warehous pointed at him. He thanks the dragonborn properbly befor he leaves.

Fade points Ruby to go on and in front. This area is still new to them and with the rats and mutation it appears more hostile. (not to forget the blood and dead bodys)
    It is best that he keeps beeing in the back so the enemy might miss that he is there. He will match his steps with Rubys so even she might think he is gone. Since Fade got his sword drawn already he is ready to go on.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #672
    Firbolg in the Playground

This is absolutely a trap.
    And Ruby is more likely to be okay walking into it than Fade. That's just what makes sense.

She heads into the cave that the voice is sounding from, walking slowly and carefully, being sure to look up, down, behind the stalagmites (as the light she carries allows).
    "Came from MERC. Where are you, exactly?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #673

"Not sure, really," Holly says. She steps up to the manhole to look in. "Some kind of ritual, I presume. If I had to guess, they're preparing the city for something."

She starts texting her secretary - I mean Mrs. Martinez's secretary - to issue a one-time special permit for a MERC half-elf and a handful of other helpers. She does this because - as others just got here and this problem just came up, it's likely none of them have an Eastside permit. "Do any of you have a permit to go in or are you planning on handling them when they come out? I've got one," she says while still waiting for confirmation back, "and I'll bet if I went in there I could figure out what they want." All she'll have to do is interrupt its nervous system and gradually replace its neurons and organs with copies made from her own, and then she could maybe figure out what's so weird about them, and...huh, maybe that's too convoluted and maybe a quick-acting plague or rat-targeting toxin would work better at just getting rid of them and seeing how they react. Or the shotgun, but a toxin that spreads through biting or being eaten seems like it'd work the best, given how quickly these rats choose to eat each other. But if she kills them, they'll probably just move around again and that won't solve anything...

Holly's torn about what method to approach these rats with. Killing them? Making them kill each other and seeing how they react? Trying to figure out how they're being controlled? Try another virus or bacteria? Try capturing them alive again?
    There's too many unknowns right now.
    If she heads in, she might just be able to decide in the moment, however...
    She puts her phone back in her pocket. "Okay. I'm heading in to see what I can find out. Y'all have a radio, right? I'm on channel _____." She says the same channel Dena and her had agreed on earlier.
    Because it's dark in there, her eyes alter to allow infrared/thermal vision. And, in case of biting, her skin starts producing neurotoxin capsules that will block muscle action, as well as the antidote deeper inside her body.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

14. - Top - End - #674

"Here! Follow my voice!"
    As they both seem to enter the cavern at the same time they can as they carefully approach feel something sticky just ahead of them yet they can't see anything that would go with the feeling. However, once they attempt to pull away it seems like whatever is there refuses to let go. It seems like it's stuck to them it's difficult to pull free from it.

Then something invisible sneaking up behind them attempts to spray a web-like substance all over Ruby. This is the very same substance that they might have walked into and is so sticky that it might completely immobilize her depending on how much of the spray that hits her.
    If they do manage to turn around they can see a creature that actually isn't invisible. It's colors, which seems to shift, are just perfectly camoflagued to it's enviroment. While this camoflague makes it diffiuclt to spot they can tell that it has more than four legs and that it defenitly isn't humanoid. it seems to have something akin to a beak that it used to spray the web with.

[Warehouse Shelter]

((Going to skip Andy this round as he heads towards the warehouse. Need to conclude something else that may or may not happen first.))

[Tracking Rats - Amalungak]

As Amalungak speaks, he can see someone starting to climb down the ladder into the sewer. "Looks like we're going to run into them. Unless you rather retreat back and let them pass." They will only get a few seconds to decide.

"I heard the boss was gonna take care of all that and we should just worry about the rats." The goblin scratches her head. "I think we should just head down there and... keep an eye on things I guess?"

"Ey', ain't we suppos' to kill em', man?" One of the trolls inquires.

"Nah, we're supposed to solve them. Let's just do as she says and head down there." They all start to turn on their radios and ready their gear.
    Once Holly have entered the manhole, they will climb down the ladder after her.
    Even now the rats seem to be ignoring them, just continuing through the tunnel.

15. - Top - End - #675

"..."
    "Right."
    That's obvious it would have already been dealt with. Holly blinks. If she had only thought about it ahead of time, she would have realized it was already dealt with. Or, if she stopped pushing things onto her secretary and just did them herself, she would've seen that. All she succeeded in doing was adding to her own workload by creating more paperwork she has to deal with and explain later.

Holly wants to facepalm at her thoughtlessness, but luckily nobody else knows about the careless mistake she just made. Of course MERC already had someone apply for a permit. In fact, they probably have a general-purpose permit that they frequently renew, just for situations like this. All she had to do was ask, and she would have found that out.

While climbing down the ladder, she closes her eyes and breathes: this is her third stupid mistake like this, this month alone. She needs to be on her A-game, because if she makes another mistake like that in this situation, she might accidentally kill someone.

Once she reaches the bottom, she moves out of the way. As they descend, she informs them: "Y'all probably already know this, but a large groups of rats is headed this way in <X> minutes. We have until then, because who knows what they'll do when they all gather."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Titan in the Playground

[Tracking Rats - Amalungak]

"We must move and take the risk," Amalungak decides. "There's no time to waste."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-12-16 at 12:46 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

Not-Irena will not descend regardless how much she wanted to right now. It might put Archera in even more danger for all she knew.
    Down below her, Flicker might see the reason to why Not-Irena is staying above if Archera is still illuminating the explosives or if she have good dark vision.
    Regardless of their knowledge of explosives they can probably venture that this is enough to bring down this entire tunnel. But as Archera suspected, they aren't alone here either as they can see what appears to be rats down here as well. Like on the shelves they seem to be content with staring at the two from the darkness of the tunnel. Their beady eyes reflecting the light of Archera's lantern.

Furthermore, they can see what appears to be several ropes laying on the ground around the hole as well as an unusual amount of dried up mud that seem far more recent than this passage's seemingly ancient origin. These walls were not made with any kind of technology, and neither was the hole they just descended through. Whoever owned or operated the warehouse while it was still in bussiness probably didn't even know all this existed below their feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Descending into Darkness

"Please tell me you know how to disarm bombs." Flicker will telehop over to the nearest bomb and examine it. She's not got much knowledge of explosives, but she might be able to help disconnect things the same way she removed the padlock. She does obey, though, not touching anything and holding her breath so she doesn't even breathe on the explosive.

Spewer goes to the edge of the hole, lies down overlooking it and calls out. "What's down there, guys? Do you need help, or what?"
    ((FYI, Archera has no light source herself. She can see in the dark.))

"Not a clue." Archera steps carefully over toward Flicker, checking each step before she takes it. "There's rats down here too." She points out, nodding toward them. It's a sign they might be in the right place... or it's just like everywhere else.

Archera considers before replying to Spewer. It might alert someone to their presence, but they need to know. "There's explosives down here. We're investigating." She calls.

18. - Top - End - #678

[Tracking Rats - Amalungak, Tarim & MERC]

Tarim doesn't reply, he simply heads forward so apparently he agrees.

This is the point where Holly can hear the servant move and will likely turn to see Tarim approaching. While he's trying to not appear hostile, pit fiends can't help but to look intimidating to most people they meet.

Tarim stands a little over three meter in height while hunched over in his stationary position, but as he walks he has to raise to his full height which is a little over four meters. That's not even counting in the 'wings' that extend from his shoulders though considering his size and their lack of membrane it's hard to imagine him using them for flight.
    The armor that covers his body doesn't help out either. Being on the heavy side and seemingly covering nearly every inch of his body with the expection of the wings, the eyes and mouth and his hooves.

Amalungak might want to say something or Holly and the other MERC-members who are climbing down the ladder might get the wrong impression.

"Explosives?" While the voice disorter makes Not-Irena's voice sound as monotone as usual, Archera can tell that she's yelling inside the suit by her body language alone. "****, ****, ****." Now it's not even subtle though. "How much? ****." She didn't sign up for this!

Down below the rats continue to stare at them as Flicker examines the bomb which actually is pretty simple in nature. It's a lot of C-4 that have been dutch-taped to the walls of the tunnel. Blasting caps have been inserted into them and they're leading further into the tunnel. Whatever is supposed to detonate these bombs can likely be found at the end of them.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Orc in the Playground

Descending into Darkness- Archera & Kabal

"It's plastic explosive. Needs an electrical charge to set it off, otherwise it's reasonably safe. I think. I'm not really a bomb expert. After I got my powers I considered it, y'know. Zipping up to someone, sticking a bomb on them with a really short count-down and zipping away, but it seemed too risky. Also expensive." So instead she usually zips up to someone, whacks them in the head with a baseball bat, and then zips off again. "I could try disabling it by yanking it off the wall, but that may make it go boom. Or we could follow it to where the detonator is and disable that." It's underground, so it's not been hooked up to a mobile phone or a radio, unless there's an antennae going above ground.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Titan in the Playground

"The rats are all heading in one direction," Amalungak says, stepping forward. Time to try and take control of the situation. "Something is calling them. We've been following them. Are you here to do the same?"

21. - Top - End - #681

"Here! Follow my voice!"
    As they both seem to enter the cavern at the same time they can as they carefully approach feel something sticky just ahead of them yet they can't see anything that would go with the feeling. However, once they attempt to pull away it seems like whatever is there refuses to let go. It seems like it's stuck to them it's difficult to pull free from it.

Then something invisible sneaking up behind them attempts to spray a web-like substance all over Ruby. This is the very same substance that they might have walked into and is so sticky that it might completely immobilize her depending on how much of the spray that hits her.
    If they do manage to turn around they can see a creature that actually isn't invisible. It's colors, which seems to shift, are just perfectly camoflagued to it's enviroment. While this camoflague makes it diffiuclt to spot they can tell that it has more than four legs and that it defenitly isn't humanoid. it seems to have something akin to a beak that it used to spray the web with.

[Warehouse Shelter]

((Going to skip Andy this round as he heads towards the warehouse. Need to conclude something else that may or may not happen first.))

When Fade encounters the strange feeling he will try to swipe it away with his arm, which schould lead in it getting caught in the web. When the creature arrives he isn't that much stucked, still got to get away. he will try to cut the web away with his sword tring to get free to face the monster, let's hope a sharp blade can cut the web. Otherwise he has to go for some bigger options.

[Warehouse Shelter]
    ((Okay))
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

22. - Top - End - #682

Oh, good.
    When Holly saw Tarim, her first thought was all the wild rumors that the rats were working with demons who wanted to invade the city again, or something like that. The reasons are always different, but wild rumors are gonna spread. Still, she would have pretended she didn't suspect them of anything, but...

"Yes, we're with MERC and we're trying to find out why the rats are coming here and stop them before they do anything." Holly looks like she's a half-elf -- black hair, dark skin, floral-pattern clothing -- with a shotgun and a radio. She doesn't have any lights herself because she apparently doesn't need any, but presumably the people with her have some. "We've created a way to track the rats - " using a disease that infects rats and causes their cells to produce specific radio signals, although she doesn't mention the method for obvious reasons " - and can confirm there's already a large group here and another group arriving here shortly. Do you know who's calling them or why?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll follow then wires down the tunnel and cut them off at their source." Archera resolves. She's not looking forward to hearing Irena's reaction to that, but she didn't intentionally say it quiet enough that she won't hear. Maybe she should have...

24. - Top - End - #684

Not-Irena somehow groans in monotone which sounds really odd. "For ****s sake... be careful! Get away from those bombs!" Whoever had planted them there would presumably be at a safe spot so if they ran there they wouldn't be in danger either. She kinda assumed that Archera would be able to deal with whatever idiot that wanted to blow a tunnel right underneath the city.

Heading into the tunnel they will come across more rats that are staring at them from the sidelines. It looks like a significant amount of mud was dragged down here not that long ago and within the darkness Archera can see what seem like humanoid foot prints, though it's hard to make out how recent they are.

The slope of the tunnel is getting steeper, going ever downwards into the blackness of this underground space. Finally, she can see what seems to be the end of the tunnel in the distance, expending outwards into what seems to be a huge underground space.

Then Archera, and whoever is coming with her, can hear a male voice calling out to them. "Lay down your weapons or I'll blow up the tunnel!" They can't see the source of the sound, but the wires are turning right around the corner of the tunnel and the owner of the voice might just be behind that corner. How they can see them or were expecting their arrival is anyone's guess however.

"Don't try any magic tricks, I have the trigger in a dead man's switch! Just surrender!"

The MERC group don't appear to be as on edge as Holly is. Most of them have been working in Riverside for a while and are familiar with Tarim. He kinda stood out.
    Still, the cirumstances, his intimidating apperance and the weird elf-guy that was tagging along gave them reason enough to consider their options if this turned violent. They didn't look very good.

The pit fiend gestures at Amalungak. "I'm following his lead to purge the source of these foul vermin. Same as you, apparently." His glowing yellow eyes aims it's piercing gaze at Holly.

[Tracking Rats - Karl]

((Haven't forgotten you, Zefir. Just need to wait a bit longer before the scene can proceede.))
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-12-23 at 11:10 AM.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Titan in the Playground

"It's an entity, or rather several entities acting in tandem, hiding beneath the city," Amalungak explains. "They want to 'cleanse' the city, but I don't know how or why."

26. - Top - End - #686
    Orc in the Playground

Descending into Darkness- Archera & Kabal

Well, Spewer's not tried to go down the tunnel, so it's just Flicker with Archera going up the tunnel.

When they're challenged, Flicker drops the shotgun. She's not really a fan of it anyway; she prefers using clubs and batons to beat people. "Hey, what I do isn't magic, it's science! Weird, creepy science that I don't understand, but science!" Flicker's mistaken, a little. Her power is derived from a formulae created by chopping up magical creatures and dissolved in an alchemical mixture before it was injected into her body. So it's science and magic.

Up in the warehouse, Spewer turns to Irena. "If there's bombs under this warehouse, we should probably go find MERC or someone in charge to let them know. And maybe not stand here."

27. - Top - End - #687
    Titan in the Playground

Northside - Third Circle

Boip.
    Apparently that's the sound of a teenage girl randomly appearing on the sidewalk. Doesn't merit a lot of fanfare, it seems. As usual, Noriko is glued to her cellphone, but after a moment her eyebrows lower in confusion and she looks up, craning her neck as she takes her bearings. "Wait, this isn't Nexus. You-!" She trails off into disgruntled grumbling, furiously typing on her phone to vent out her frustration.

After a few minutes she starts stiffly walking in the direction of the nearest Riftline. Before she makes it there though, her steps slow. She looks up from her phone again, turning to consider the building she's next to and its big red sign. "All Written Words! Affordable prices!" And something about... adventurers and jobs? Huh. Noriko glances towards the Riftline station (probably not seeing it, because she wasn't on top of it yet), then turns to the Third Circle bookstore and heads inside.

"Hello? She calls out as she enters, not raising her voice too much, but enough to be heard. There's a bit of stiffness to her posture and movement, and for once her eyes are completely off her phone, instead roving around her. Her gaze snags on the titles of some of the books, but not for long.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Here! Follow my voice!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    When Fade encounters the strange feeling he will try to swipe it away with his arm, which schould lead in it getting caught in the web. When the creature arrives he isn't that much stucked, still got to get away. he will try to cut the web away with his sword tring to get free to face the monster, let's hope a sharp blade can cut the web. Otherwise he has to go for some bigger options.
    Yep. There was definitely something wrong about this, and the fact that her foot is now stuck confirms it.
    Ruby draws her gun (a sort of sci-fi blaster rifle), and starts to turn just in time for the chameleon-spider-bird to throw its web, sticking the whole right side of her to the cavern floor. So much for shooting anything.

She tries the obvious thing of struggling against the web, trying to pull free. She's pretty strong, but not impossibly strong. Anything that expects to catch humanoids in its webs probably has strong enough webs to hold even the toughest ones, right?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ogre in the Playground

The Third Circle

The store is warm, decorated in reds and greys, full of wooden shelves and desks and chairs.
    Seated in a tiny chair behind the main counter is a tiny imp in a collared white shirt and khakis, winged with a canine face and coat, a long spaded tail, and horns. He puts down the enormous (compared to him) tome he’s reading out of and adjusts his glasses.
    ”Welcome to the Third Circle, Miss. Can I help you find anything?”
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2019-12-23 at 01:17 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

30. - Top - End - #690
    Titan in the Playground

The Third Circle

Noriko's attention immediately fixates on the imp when he speaks up, and her fingers cinch tightly around her phone. "Maybe." She replies after a moment. "Do you have anything on other dimensions, planes, or states of existence? With a preference towards lists or encyclopedias over theory." She thinks for a moment. "A guide to Nexus might be nice too."

Eventually she tears her attention away and looks around again. "But... I do like books in general. Do you have a specialty? Something you'd recommend?"