New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 20: Another day, another disaster

[Faction HQ]

"Hi Squiddly, nice to meet you." Ithuriel waves at Squiddly, then offers her hand to Haz, "Hey, I spend a lot of my free time helping out around Inside - if you're doing something to help the people there who need it, then you have my respect. Without your help, those poor kids might not get to play sportsball at all. I hope your team does well." Coming from some folks (particularly any MagClone in the room), that might all come off sounding a bit snarky and disingenuous - not so with Ithuriel, she's quite serious.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

[Eastside Streets]

The goblins hauling a long rope nearby look perplexed.

"Why on earth would we eat dwarves?" one of them asks. Reelshka sighs.

"We'll try to assure him we won't ambush and eat him. But I'll have my work cut out convincing this lot you're not planning something."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

A Walk Through The Gardens

"So I count as one of 'your people'?" Cessie inquires with a small smile. "Since as I understand it, I'm not. Not to mention that I can defend myself. I've been trained to do so since I was young for the expressive purpose to protect my people. For that, there is no choice. It was what I was born for, Jezebel. For other nobles it might be a choice, but with my gift there is none. Doing anything else would betray all that what I stand for. There can be no nobility without that." Cessie argues.
    "But what do you think you learned from this invasion? Since I could name a few things."
    Walking Through The Gardens

"I would never claim you to be one of my people."
    Jezebel decides after a moment before smiling a bit. "You're far more precious to me than that label could ever express, which says a great deal I imagine." She says as she gives Cessie's arm a gentle squeeze. "But...yes, there have been a few things I've learned from the encounter. Mostly that we need more people aware of what's actually lurking out there waiting for an opportunity. But the city itself needs to learn how to better band together without having to rely upon outside help. That much is evident."

"This city needs some semblance of unity, not a handful of factions only loosely working together. It will need someone to pull it together, someone to actually go out, meet with all the leaders that remain and form a real plan to action. And I learned that I'm not that person."
    She says, giving a small sigh as she looks around her beloved part of the city. "Not yet anyway. Give me time to heal, give me time to put together the information on the demons we faced and to disseminate it, and then...yes, then I will begin to start organizing this city. Not as a leader of one of those factions such as Eastside's Mayor, but as an inhabitant of the city itself." Her tone is sure, confident, as if she's made a decision she's not going to shirk from.

"But before any of that, before I start doing that, I think I've learned that I am going to be nice and selfish for a bit. I have too much I want to do to just set it aside. I'm going to spend more time with my family, with you, and actually...you know, be a bit more of a family." She decides, smiling again.

"Unless you were asking about more immediate lessons, then that would be to have melt-proof armor."
    She adds with a slight shrug.

Chapel Cell

"So, are you going to be cooperative or struggle?"
    The receptionist asks the moment the door is shut and the pixie freed. "And do you have any particular diet restrictions? Maybe need something a bit hard to drink?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

Eastside Streets

Probably best not to raise the issue with him at all, he can be a bit skittish.
    Utost recommends. Anyway, I'd suggest telling your lot that most of these blighters are too thick to plan their way out of a paper bag. Utost adds, unkindly. Just because they aren't all legendary workdwarfs in 7 different areas like you doesn't mean they don't know what they're doing. Alright, let me know if anyone needs the sense beaten back into them. He says before heading off toward the basements they were lent. If Reelshka asks around she'll be quickly directed to the nervous looking Lashid who's doing his best to make decisions without ever having to actually go talk to the goblin that is nominally his boss.

Within a few hours Utost - along with another pair of dwarves - will have carved a passageway between each of the basements and started a staircase down until they find some good soil for a farmlands underground.

The other dwarves meanwhile will have gotten a fair stock of usable concrete blocks from the debris on the road, although perhaps not so much as if they'd been working near anywhere the goblins are working. A couple of dwarves have also set up a rudimentary kitchen and still, where they're hard at work turning a couple barrels of what turned out to be milk into cheese and generally preparing a lunch.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    The phone does not notice this look.

"So you should be making deals with us, maybe. At least more powerful ones."
    Their name is just french! Nothing awful about that!
    "We were first interested in the other kind of angel that was summoned during the invasion. Obviously our first priority has to be staying alive in this world!"

"What do the entities get out of the deal?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Chapel Cell]

Archera floats the pixie into the room. The bubble containing her will pop as soon as the door is closed. "Alright, I'm done here. She's yours to deal with now." Unless anyone wants to try top stop her, Archera is going to swiftly leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Northside Hospital - Pre-Invasion]

"Zhareen and I will take our leave if there's nothing else you require of us." Vax quirks her brow at her wife, verifying. "We'll arrange for the payment for the additional work in the near future, if that suits you, Nike." She adds, as a gentle reminder before they go.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Walking Through The Gardens

"I would never claim you to be one of my people."
    Jezebel decides after a moment before smiling a bit. "You're far more precious to me than that label could ever express, which says a great deal I imagine." She says as she gives Cessie's arm a gentle squeeze. "But...yes, there have been a few things I've learned from the encounter. Mostly that we need more people aware of what's actually lurking out there waiting for an opportunity. But the city itself needs to learn how to better band together without having to rely upon outside help. That much is evident."

"This city needs some semblance of unity, not a handful of factions only loosely working together. It will need someone to pull it together, someone to actually go out, meet with all the leaders that remain and form a real plan to action. And I learned that I'm not that person."
    She says, giving a small sigh as she looks around her beloved part of the city. "Not yet anyway. Give me time to heal, give me time to put together the information on the demons we faced and to disseminate it, and then...yes, then I will begin to start organizing this city. Not as a leader of one of those factions such as Eastside's Mayor, but as an inhabitant of the city itself." Her tone is sure, confident, as if she's made a decision she's not going to shirk from.

"But before any of that, before I start doing that, I think I've learned that I am going to be nice and selfish for a bit. I have too much I want to do to just set it aside. I'm going to spend more time with my family, with you, and actually...you know, be a bit more of a family." She decides, smiling again.

"Unless you were asking about more immediate lessons, then that would be to have melt-proof armor."
    She adds with a slight shrug.

Chapel Cell

"So, are you going to be cooperative or struggle?"
    The receptionist asks the moment the door is shut and the pixie freed. "And do you have any particular diet restrictions? Maybe need something a bit hard to drink?
    [Northside Hospital - Pre-Invasion]

Nike nods eagerly at the two. "Of course, of course. I'll provide anything you need." She promises with a wide smile. "Just head to... ah, room D214 should be free at the moment, its just straight forward and around the first corner. You can't miss it. Just call if you need anything."

As she turns to Zhareen and Vax to deal with them, the merfolk actually gives her a quick hug. "Thank you all, it was great meeting such a nice group of people as you are!" Zhareen claims as she moves on to hug both Tori and Nigel in turn. "It's good to know the injured of Riverside are in good hands."

"Umm, thanks." Nike replies, awkwardly standing in place as if she was frozen, not quite daring to hug Zhareen's enormous scaled body back.

A Walk Through The Gardens

Cessie can only nod in approval at the last point. Having your clothes and armor melted off was never ideal, least of all in a battle. "I can only agree. I still believe the city must to unite. Even if they start finding potential threats to it, will they ever actually trust one another enough to prepare for said threats? I had frankly hoped that through you the city would find a good mediator to unite around but it seems like it was a false hope. Now I don't know who will take up the lead. There aren't any clear candidates." She pauses. "I'm pretty sure Felandria will be too preoccupied to lead, and no one really trusts South- and Northside. That leaves... yes, what leader remains, Jezebel?"

[Northside - Fourth Tower Compound]

it is when France does not exist in your home-world!

"Good question, the fourth tower is devoted to find and contact every entity out there to find the most lenient deals. The price of course depends on the type of entity contacted, some simply demand expressions of culture and art such as dance, statues made in their image, prayers. Others demand more heavy sums, wars fought in their name, the act of sacrifice, the offering of souls. We are of course trying to find as much of the first group as possible but the price can be anything between those extremes and some entities take a much heavier toll than they claim. Tricksters can cause untold damage if they're not found and stopped before an entire compound is enslaved to its will." Zula explains. "The angel we summoned was one of circumstances, all it demanded was that we were going to protect innocent lives, which we already planned to do. The fact that our enemy was of a supernatural origin also helped as these angels rarely join wars between man unless you provide very good reasons."

[Chapel Cell]

The bear waves Archera good bye.
    As for the pixie, she simply nods without saying a word. Looks like she isn't going to resist.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-01-01 at 05:40 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96

NinjaGuy

[Mayoral Meeting]

Electra makes her way into the interim Eastside City Hall. She's scheduled a meeting with the new mayor, and she doesn't intend to be late. After all, if this goes well, it will mean a new contract for MERC, and aid to the people of Riverside. She's dressed in a black business suit and carrying a small briefcase; her platinum blonde hair pulled back into a rather large, but tight, bun, revealing her auditory sensors. She checks in, and waits her turn. Felandria's quite busy after all, but with what MERC intends to offer, they may be able to help alleviate at least some of that burden.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

[Mayoral Meeting]

As it happens, Felandria arrives from lunch, carrying a travel mug in her hand.

She is wearing a tasteful green business suit.

She sees Electra and puts a hand out.

Ah, hello.

If you’re looking for the mayor, you’ve found her.

Come, my office is this way.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

8. - Top - End - #98

Northside Hospital - Pre-Invasion

Cool, but I probably need like... a nap, first. I'll uh - Oh, uh, thanks. Nigel says, awkwardly patting Zhareen on the back as he's interrupted by her hug. Sure, we're doing this now. Whatever. Anyway, I'll make sure you've got everything that I'd need here and then maybe we can do this in a couple days. Is that good with you? Nigel asks Tori. I can... probably get you walking around in about a day after the first surgery. Maybe looking at one or two after that depending on how bad the bone looks. That time frame seems exceedingly quick for a surgery as invasive as this. Probably cool future medicine.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Firbolg in the Playground

it is when France does not exist in your home-world!

"Good question, the fourth tower is devoted to find and contact every entity out there to find the most lenient deals. The price of course depends on the type of entity contacted, some simply demand expressions of culture and art such as dance, statues made in their image, prayers. Others demand more heavy sums, wars fought in their name, the act of sacrifice, the offering of souls. We are of course trying to find as much of the first group as possible but the price can be anything between those extremes and some entities take a much heavier toll than they claim. Tricksters can cause untold damage if they're not found and stopped before an entire compound is enslaved to its will." Zula explains. "The angel we summoned was one of circumstances, all it demanded was that we were going to protect innocent lives, which we already planned to do. The fact that our enemy was of a supernatural origin also helped as these angels rarely join wars between man unless you provide very good reasons."
    So it's a whole system of trades, action for action.
    Being rewarded for things you were already going to do, if you just notify the proper entity.
    How bizarre.
    "How does the fourth tower carry out this devotion? What will be my role?" Françoise asks.
    Inwardly they wonder about the trickster entities mentioned.
    "And if the entities sometimes take more than the deal, do you sometimes do the same, or give less, when it's possible?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #100

NinjaGuy

[Mayoral Meeting]

Electra smiles and nods, giving the mayor's hand a firm shake.

"Indeed I am. Thanks," She says, following Felandria to her office, waiting until they've entered it before going on. "My name is Electra, and I'm here on behalf of MERC. We have a proposal we'd like for you to consider."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

11. - Top - End - #101

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Faction HQ]

"Hi Squiddly, nice to meet you." Ithuriel waves at Squiddly, then offers her hand to Haz, "Hey, I spend a lot of my free time helping out around Inside - if you're doing something to help the people there who need it, then you have my respect. Without your help, those poor kids might not get to play sportsball at all. I hope your team does well." Coming from some folks (particularly any MagClone in the room), that might all come off sounding a bit snarky and disingenuous - not so with Ithuriel, she's quite serious.
    "We came in third at regionals last year. I think we might have a winning team this season," Haz beams, a hint of pride slipping into his voice for just a moment, before vanishing just as quickly as it arrived, cruelly snuffed out in an instant for daring to be an emotion unrelated to hurting people and engaging in gratuitous violence. Squiddly, on the other hand, is way less repressed, and happily does a little squiddy bow for Ithuriel before floating off to go do robot squid things. Not that I have any clue what robot squid things might be. Maybe eat robot fish or hunt a school of cybernetic shrimp?

"There's also Vlad, our resident vampire. You'd think vampirism would be an issue, but Riverside's actually got a long history of being very accommodating to vampires, and so long as the rest of us donate blood every two months, there's really nothing to worry about. He's-Vlad, where'd you go?" He was right here a few minutes ago, wasn't he? Commented on the fractious and uncomfortable negotiations with Magtok once or twice, if I remember right. Maybe Ithuriel's just a little too holy and angelic for his comfort? It's quite possible just being in the same room as her could've been physically nauseating for him, but shouldn't he have said something before just running off like that?

"Well whatever. Then there's Needs, who you've met twice now, but he never sticks around for very long, and Intrepid, our resident superhero. He had a brief stint as Skyside's premiere vigilante, before drama and troubles arose. I hear they're starting up some new hero stuff in the neighborhood these days, though. You might want to think about getting in on that," Ambriel points out, most of those last two sentences directed at Intrepid, rather than Ithuriel. He's the only one here whose face is completely concealed, wearing a modified biker helmet and navy blue kevlar vest. He gives a shrug at Wing's suggestion, and waves at Ithuriel, before suddenly taking a few steps back, as a portal opens up in the floor where he was standing, a sound like a pitch-shifted goat bleating in terror fills the air, and a half-dozen rattlesnakes come crawling out, slithering away in every direction.

"The mimics have your name, holy guardian. Be wary of false faces. Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer," one rattlesnake says in Needs' voice, turning its head to face Ithuriel before slithering on out. I guess that was Needs again?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

12. - Top - End - #102

[Faction HQ]

"Huh. You know, I'd have thought there might still be enough vampire left in me to cancel out whatever effect being an angel has on Vlad."

...wait, had she mentioned the vamp thing to Ambriel yet?

Yes, yes, pre-deadtime she'd shown him the paintings she did, definitely. Although it was a long period of deadtime, she couldn't really fault Wings if he forgot - she could barely remember if she'd told him!

"And In- oh, uh, hi again Needs? Thanks, I guess?" At a later point in time, Needs' warning would probably mean something to Ithuriel. But the Ithuriel here doesn't know enough to understand it and mostly just seems confused. Damn temporal shenanigans! She's trying to seems grateful at least. Maybe she'll recall this warning at some later date in an appropriately dramatic fashion and think "Curses, if only I'd listened to Needs!"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Walk through The Gardens

"There could be the Burning Light, but with their base destroyed and most peoples' seeming distrust of literal "holy fire" I don't see them gaining much support." Jezebel comments after a moment of thought. She turns a bit suddenly, choosing to walk across the grass to the small tower built in the gardens that she enjoyed venturing up. It wasn't large, just a few stories, but it still stood and offered a good view. "Lord Rhye still lives, but as you've mentioned there is distrust of the vampires. EI could possibly work, but...no, it wouldn't. The company has been too mysterious and closed off to the public I suspect. There's potentially Magtok, but to be entirely fair I think he's become something of a broken man. Though...oddly enough, I do not think it is in a bad way. He'll need to find his own path now and I don't believe it would be leadership here." She reasons out.

"The General and The Empress both have their own issues with the nature of their names and appearances and choosing to remain aloof. So who remains indeed..." She wonders, as if already knowing the answer as she opens up the base of the tower and peers within to make sure it wasn't in use before she makes her way up. "It is still the Gardens, and me. Before...perhaps I just hadn't put in any real effort. I can see that now. Perhaps I felt too locked into governing just one part of the city to really bother with trying to reunite the rest of it despite all of my talk. It makes me out to be a hypocrite to a degree, I will freely admit that, but yes, I still think that I'm the best bet at reuniting people here. And I believe gathering together Tarim and Lord Rhye would be a good first step."

"But first I need to heal."
    She tells Cessie, sighing as she gives the mage's arm a squeeze. "Not just physically. All I know about whatever hit me is that the power was enough to utterly obliterate a part of my soul. Whatever magic or energy it was, it can't be all that common. It didn't harm me physically except for a burning sensation. There are a few weapons that can do such back home, but all of them would have just killed me outright rather than damage. Do you know anything like that?"

14. - Top - End - #104

"Your position is whatever you want it to be. What sort of entity do you wish to be able to summon, hmm? Most people that come here decide on a path they want to follow and then sets out on it. See, entities can be categorized in different groups. Each group has their own benefits and pitfalls, all carefully filed into our archives." Zula explains. "Which leads into your second question as it stresses the importance of carefully worked out terms to make sure that no one double-crosses the other. Some entities are extremely literal about contracts though, and those are to be avoided. No matter how one words a deal, there is always a way to make it backfire if the spirit of the deal isn't honored by the two parties. Indeed, our organization is not devoted to screw our trade partners over, we're thinking long-term here after all." The ape-woman gestures at the angel. "So the question is really want you desire out of this, what do you want the most?"

Walk through The Gardens

Cessie nods, she had reached all these conclusions herself too. The way she saw it, there was only really one good candidate, for better or worse..
    She shakes her head at Jezebel's question however. "I don't but I've actually asked someone who do and she is supposed to come and help. Do you know Ambrosia Ithil? She's a scholar that has aided VIGIL a number of times. She's an expert in the spiritual and and if anyone knows what has injured you and how to mend the wound, its her. We're supposed to meet back at the keep in fact." She nods, returning the squeeze. "I will make sure you get the very best help, Jezebel. Don't worry about that. I have contacts all over the nexus so whatever is wrong with you, they will be able to find a cure."

15. - Top - End - #105

[Faction HQ]

"Huh. You know, I'd have thought there might still be enough vampire left in me to cancel out whatever effect being an angel has on Vlad."

...wait, had she mentioned the vamp thing to Ambriel yet?

Yes, yes, pre-deadtime she'd shown him the paintings she did, definitely. Although it was a long period of deadtime, she couldn't really fault Wings if he forgot - she could barely remember if she'd told him!

"And In- oh, uh, hi again Needs? Thanks, I guess?" At a later point in time, Needs' warning would probably mean something to Ithuriel. But the Ithuriel here doesn't know enough to understand it and mostly just seems confused. Damn temporal shenanigans! She's trying to seems grateful at least. Maybe she'll recall this warning at some later date in an appropriately dramatic fashion and think "Curses, if only I'd listened to Needs!"
    Ambriel shrugs. "It could just be paranoia on Vlad's part. I'll ask him about it later."

It's probably nothing to worry about, really. Vlad isn't even one of the more important Faction MagClones. He hardly even has a personality; he's just a cyborg with a medical condition and a newfound taste for Victorian era fashion, really.

"Anyway, that's pretty much everyone." unless Ambriel's player is just completely forgetting a clone or two. It's very possible that he has; he's not always the brightest bulb on the Thanksmas tree.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

16. - Top - End - #106

[Terrific Elf Relief Shelter]

Laura seems like kind of a terrible person.

You shock the snot out of some folks and then walk off as if nothing had happened?

Rude.

The elf calls out weakly as she begins to leave, "N-no... don't leave me at that t-thing's mercy..."

Which is all an act.

As elfs are consummate liars.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

Terrific Elf Relief Shelter

Elimnae crawls over to the athame, taking the sacrificial knife in her dead hand and moving slowly over to the terrific elf. She's pushing herself with her feet and pulling with her living arm, totally ignoring Laura now she's left. She's one to watch, though; maybe she's suitable for Elimnae's list to eliminate. (Word similarity totally unintentional but rather fitting.)
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Laura turns when the elf cries out. She sees Elimnae moving with the dead limb. Now, she knows who the target is. She turns, charging back into the room, hammer raised to strike at the prone necromancer.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #109

[Terrific Elf Relief Shelter]

The elf gives a terrified shriek and crawls away from the skeleton-armed woman!

This is apparently a crawling contest.

The most boring chase scene ever.

At least until the armored gal comes charging back in with a hammer!

Maybe things will get interesting now?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

The dead limb has moved, yes. It's gripping a dagger. But Elimnae isn't using it to crawl. She sees the hammer-wielder out of the corner of her eye, and turns her head, rolling to one side and raising her living arm as she casts a healing spell. It's not a direct healing spell, but rather a magical equivalent to anaesthetic. It may cause Laura to stumble, as the spell interferes with her nervous system, depriving Laura of her ability to feel touch, messes with her balance and makes her limbs sluggish and unresponsive.

If it doesn't work, then Elimnae has very little chance to avoid the hammer coming down on her stomach and driving the wind from her and possibly causing internal bleeding and shock to her gastrointestinal system.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

21. - Top - End - #111
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Your position is whatever you want it to be. What sort of entity do you wish to be able to summon, hmm? Most people that come here decide on a path they want to follow and then sets out on it. See, entities can be categorized in different groups. Each group has their own benefits and pitfalls, all carefully filed into our archives." Zula explains. "Which leads into your second question as it stresses the importance of carefully worked out terms to make sure that no one double-crosses the other. Some entities are extremely literal about contracts though, and those are to be avoided. No matter how one words a deal, there is always a way to make it backfire if the spirit of the deal isn't honored by the two parties. Indeed, our organization is not devoted to screw our trade partners over, we're thinking long-term here after all." The ape-woman gestures at the angel. "So the question is really want you desire out of this, what do you want the most?"
    What a strange question.
    It isn't Françoise's job to want things.
    Perhaps they want to be noticed and to have a unique and important place in the world. Perhaps they want a family. Perhaps they want to personally seek philosophical perfection.
    That's irrelevant.

"I am not most people."
    They settle on after a moment.

"You make long term reliable trades. I understand this, although I expect you give up rather a lot to these entity groups."
    "Does the group have an agenda of its own, or is it more focused on efficiently cataloguing entities for everyone's benefit?"

Françoise shrugs and puts a tentacle to its temple, thinking further.
    "Interests are combat, communication, in the longer term industry and knowledge of living things. I am sure you are aware of entities including these portfolios?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #112

[Faction HQ]

Ithuriel smiles at Ambriel, reaching a wing over around him. "See? That went fine, didn't it? I guess you are a bit of an odd bunch, but look at me, the angel cop. I'm not exactly normal either, am I?"

Still a bit of a shame Vlad dashed off like that, but she's not going to make a big deal out of it. Not like she needs to spend a lot of time around the rest of the Faction, but they're friends of Wings so it's nice to at least say hi.
    Last edited by Gnrlshrimp; 2019-01-08 at 05:58 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

[Eastside Streets]

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Probably best not to raise the issue with him at all, he can be a bit skittish.[/B] Utost recommends. Anyway, I'd suggest telling your lot that most of these blighters are too thick to plan their way out of a paper bag. Utost adds, unkindly. Just because they aren't all legendary workdwarfs in 7 different areas like you doesn't mean they don't know what they're doing. Alright, let me know if anyone needs the sense beaten back into them. He says before heading off toward the basements they were lent. If Reelshka asks around she'll be quickly directed to the nervous looking Lashid who's doing his best to make decisions without ever having to actually go talk to the goblin that is nominally his boss.

Within a few hours Utost - along with another pair of dwarves - will have carved a passageway between each of the basements and started a staircase down until they find some good soil for a farmlands underground.

The other dwarves meanwhile will have gotten a fair stock of usable concrete blocks from the debris on the road, although perhaps not so much as if they'd been working near anywhere the goblins are working. A couple of dwarves have also set up a rudimentary kitchen and still, where they're hard at work turning a couple barrels of what turned out to be milk into cheese and generally preparing a lunch.
    Reelshka has no patience for people avoiding her, so she'll just stroll right up to Lashid and get down to business.

"I'm not sure if we should start with digging," she says. "The people of Riverside aren't used to underground construction. My plan was to clean up the surface before we get to any serious restructuring of anything."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-01-08 at 07:40 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Walk Through The Gardens

Now that they're out of the public eye, Jezebel uses her heel to close the tower door behind them before leaning back against the interior wall. She reaches out and pulls Cessie close up to her front so she can smile down at her. "Thank you, Cessie. Hearing that come from you has certainly lifted my spirits. If you don't mind missing the rest of this walk, we can head to your place to meet her then. Before any of that though, there's been something I've been wanting to do since we've left my place." She reaches out to lift up Cessie's chin slightly to make it easier to lean down for a kiss.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

[Malachanar's New Home]

Kirk gives Malachenar a bit of breathing room after the invasion has ended to pull themselves together, but he's got to strike while the iron is hot. The drow walks straight toward the front door to knock, or perhaps enter and approach a reception desk. In either case, he's called ahead and they should be expecting him.

[Sneaking Out]

Later one night, as he's wont to do, Eliseo creeps out of of his house. He expertly navigates the security system's blind spots and scales the fence to drop outside their property. HJe walks a bit and then slips into the yard of a neighbouring manor to cut through it. The route is fairly familiar to him by now. Apparently these people have fewer security concerns than his parents do.

26. - Top - End - #116

Two Sneaks Passing In The Night

The neighboring manor was a fairly quaint little complex, three stories tall and appearing to be built largely of wood and cobble. It wasn't much of a manor, in truth; the classiest thing about it beyond the impeccable construction was the latticed windows that looked out upon the street, and it only barely qualified as far as size went.

Perhaps this simpler nature was why Anastasia currently knelt in front of the wooden back door, focused intently on the lock as she leveraged the pick she held within, testing the tension rod to check for any give. It might take a second for Eliseo to recognize his classroom acquaintance, dressed in dark jeans and a black winter jacket... but that fluffy vulpine tail was as present as always, and her ginger hair tied back into a loose ponytail with that trademark blue ribbon.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

27. - Top - End - #117

[Faction HQ]

Ithuriel smiles at Ambriel, reaching a wing over around him. "See? That went fine, didn't it? I guess you are a bit of an odd bunch, but look at me, the angel cop. I'm not exactly normal either, am I?"

Still a bit of a shame Vlad dashed off like that, but she's not going to make a big deal out of it. Not like she needs to spend a lot of time around the rest of the Faction, but they're friends of Wings so it's nice to at least say hi.
    "You see why I had to warn you about everyone being strange though, right?" Ambriel reminds her, his own wing adjusting to meet hers. All things considered, this went better than he'd expected. Yes, even when you factor in the hostage Magtok bit, that's how low his expectations were. I mean, this family isn't exactly conventional, even by MagClone standards. Hey, speaking of family, he'd heard somewhere that Renee had come back to town. We should probably talk to Magtok, make sure he's okay with us saying hi. No big rush, though. Don't want to start another civil war or make him any more antsy than he already is.

...Hah. Antsy. Get it, because Renee is Pat's daughter, and Pat was...nevermind.

"So Amb, you two going to stick around for dinner, or..."

"Nah, we should probably get going. Ithuriel's got to be ready for work tomorrow soon and I have that thing in Skyside; can't stick around too long." Not entirely accurate, but the sooner we get out of here, the less time Ithuriel has to think about asking who was responsible for grafting a weird foldable General Greivous arm underneath the one Ambriel already had on his left side. That is definitely not a conflict we want to be getting into right now.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

28. - Top - End - #118

[Malachanar's New Home==> Eventide Manor]

Eventide manor, Malechenar's new seat of government as they call it, is one of the largest manors in the entire city. It already belonged to a noble that supported the faction so the fact they claimed it isn't a huge surprise.
    On his way there Kirk will see that Malechenar agents is actually openly recruiting people on the street of the city as they are busy repairing the damages that were done during the invasion and there do seem like some are interested. After all, some might not be able to afford to repair their business after the attack so joining a peace-keeping organization might seem like the only way forward.

To even get to the manor Kirk has to pass a number of check-points where he will have to confirm that he's indeed Kirk Locke of MERC and not anyone else.
    Finally getting there, security is still tight with gargoyles and their riders patrolling the skies and armed guards walking the perimeter. He gets an escort and isn't allowed a single moment alone until he's been guided to what once muse have been a grand dining hall which has been converted into what appears to be a throne room.
    Yet the ornate throne is empty. Instead, Kirk will find the Lord of Malechenar sitting on on of the simple wooden chairs by the dining table all alone.

But as Kirk enters the hall the vampire lord gets up and it quickly becomes clear that Ryhe is still an imposing figure. A face-concealing silver helmet that seems attached to the crest and shoulder plates that are underneath. From this ornate armor flows long robes of deep purple and crimson red that barely shifts as he gets up and walks over, his arms completely hidden as he moves.

Being a little over three meter tall, Ryhe towers over most people, something Kirk might especially oncerning once the vampire is standing right in front of him. A spindly metal-clad arm suddenly emerges from the robes to offer the drow a handshake, revealing that Ryhe has been wearing a mantle over the front of his robes.
    "Kirk Locke, we finally meet in person. I regret not being able to talk to you at any length at our hallowed banquet, but there were a lot of regrets to be had at that occasion, and I'm sure you had your share. Please tell me that you, Miss Xifhara and all your agents at least made it out of the city unscathed?"

Walk Through The Gardens

"Mhmmm..." Cessie nods and smiles widely, already having the same thing on her mind as Jezebel as soon as they come out of public view. The former daemon scarcely have time to finish her sentence before the mage wraps her arms around her neck to close the distance between their lips.
    She is going to go on a bit longer than Jezebel might have planned but will eventually start to let go. "So had I." The sorceress coos as her hands have slipped down to caress Jezebel's backside. "We'll do that right away then if you're sure no one is going to miss you for a few hours."

"Quite a range of portfolios you want to have there. We might have to peruse the library for that one. I know entities that cover some, but not all, of those concepts however. Where we are from, Helios is commonly sought after in the quest of knowledge and communication. But when it comes to living beings... there are the yu-seeds." She frowns. "It's too bad our expert on the subject turned traitor. She would have been useful now." Zula let's out a heavy sigh. "But let's not waste any time. There might be a particular yu-seed we could find in the library as I think that might be closest to your needs."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-01-10 at 10:59 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Walk Through The Gardens

Jezebel's back tenses slightly under Cessie's touch, but she relaxes after a moment as she sighs in contentment after the kiss. The length of it had certainly been a pleasant surprise and she can't keep a slightly foolish smile from her lips. "I don't think I'll be missed for a few hours, but I'll send a message to Charles as we head over to let him know what's going on." After another quick kiss, she'll let Cessie go for a moment to straighten up her attire and to give Cessie a moment to do so on her end as well. Being seen together in public was one thing, but being obvious about it would be another neither of them would probably like at the moment.

When they're both finished, she'll open the door and hold it for the mage, still smiling. "Lead on, My Lady. I'll be in your care today."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Laura has been hit by nervous system altering effects before, but she wasn't expecting it right now. She stumbles and falls, groaning out an unintelligible curse as she does so.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters