New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 20: Another day, another disaster

[Faction HQ]

Asking Ambriel why he's using the BatComputer in the depths of the Faction base can wait. As soon as she sees him, Ithuriel just grabs him and hugs him real tight.

...probably a little painfully so.

She's also shaking slightly.

"O-oh, uh, thanks Vlad, thanks a lot. Can you give us a moment, I need to-"

She pauses and blinks as she sees herself on one of those screens for a second.

Okay, maybe it can't wait that long.

"I, uh, need to ask why my boyfriend is spying on me?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Northside - Fourth Tower Compound]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    They approach the little cottage and immediately Françoise will be hit by the sensation of being watched. There is more to this garden than what the eye can see as he can't see anything out of place. Though the garden gnomes and the plastic flamingos standing around can probably look a bit creepy considering the context.

Nevertheless, Zula knocks on the door and then stands back. "We probably have to wait a while." She whispers to the acolyte.

But soon enough, the door is opened by an middle-aged human woman with strange grey skin and dark eyes. Her intense gaze immediately focus on Francoise as the door is gleaned open. "Our new intern I suppose?"

"Er, yes. Hello to you too, Sekai. I'm giving him a tour of the place right now. We need some help with contacting Sinccubi. It's to reach out to a yu-seed."

Her gaze shifts down to the short ape-woman. "Which one?"

Zula blinks and glances up at Franscoise. "Doesn't really matter I think. Just whichever one-"

But Sekai cuts her off. "Of course it matters, each yu-seed is unique. If they are really serious about reaching out to them, they should learn that before coming and asking a bunch of questions." The grand warlock looks at him again. "Why are you interested in the seeds? It's not something a mere acolyte should start off with. Dealing with entities like that takes charisma and a iron will or they will lose interest the moment they lay their gaze on you, or worse."
    Françoise is always being watched. But there's something else here, isn't there? Spirits, summoned for guard duty?
    The new acolyte waits as instructed, limbs folded neatly behind them.

This human is broken. Is it the magic that made her look this way?
    Françoise's gleaming orange eyes stare back at Sekai, but the wait for Zula to explain the situation.

Hmm. Did the ape-woman mean to make them look a fool? Or did she just not care? This seemed like a sort of work that requires a lot of care, so that's pretty unusual. They'll need more information before doing anything about it. The acolyte reaches into a pocket and activates the communication 'device' again.
    "It seems we and the seeds have similar interests. They could help with tasks that have been more difficult since coming to this world."
    "However."
    "Can you suggest entities more suitable for a ... beginner to contact?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

Faction HQ

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Faction HQ]

Asking Ambriel why he's using the BatComputer in the depths of the Faction base can wait. As soon as she sees him, Ithuriel just grabs him and hugs him real tight.

...probably a little painfully so.

She's also shaking slightly.

"O-oh, uh, thanks Vlad, thanks a lot. Can you give us a moment, I need to-"

She pauses and blinks as she sees herself on one of those screens for a second.

Okay, maybe it can't wait that long.

"I, uh, need to ask why my boyfriend is spying on me?"

"Not spying, publicly available information only okay thanks bye!" Vlad declares all in one quick breath, already halfway out the door by the time he hears Ithuriel's question. The pointy-toothed cyborg hurriedly closes the door behind him and vanishes in a puff of smoke and shrieking vampire bats. This is one of those Somebody Else's Problems Haz was telling him about earlier, clearly. Yes, best thing he can do for the couple is skedaddle as quickly as possible and leave them to their business.

Speaking of which, Ambriel needs a minute or two to blink the data out of his eyes, which is why the hug catches him as off-guard as it does, as well as the question Vamptok was helpful enough to answer in his stead. He doesn't know if that answer's going to suffice, since it didn't play out very well in the dozen or so simulations he ran in his head just now, but at least it's a start, right? It's probably one of the least ugly things Faction is doing right now, anyway, and we always knew our angel cop girlfriend was going to find out about one of those things and get upset about it, so it might as well be this one, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

4. - Top - End - #244

[Faction HQ]

As Ambriel has predicted, Vlad's response does not have much of a positive effect on Ithuriel. She tenses, then breaks off the hug and steps back, tugging her hood as far forward as it'll go to hide most of her face.

A moment's awkward pause. Ithuriel folds her arms and looks off to one side. "Wings, I- I cannot stress enough how bad a time it would be for me to learn that you're plotting an insurrection against Inside or something. Tell me that's not what this is."

Was this in one of your simulations, Ambriel? Seems a bit extreme on Ithuriel's part to jump to that conclusion, doesn't it? I hope you have a good answer prepared.

She's waiting. Look, she's started tapping a foot agitatedly. That's never a good sign.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

[Seeking Help]

Irena shrugs helplessly, this wasn't exactly her expertise. "I guess that could work. Since she's too young to take a job and all..." Which ironically was Irena's only idea. "Unless, uh, the company, you know the one I 'own'." Irena makes finger quotes as she mentions the company that she inherited as a part of her get-rich-scheme.

She was never took any decisions involved in it and mostly got money from its stocks on a monthly basis. Apparently, they dealt with the supernatural by selling appliances such as silver bullets, spirit wards and stakes but also had a number of 'exterminators' in their employment. In the nexus they did really well considering the demand on it and their dominance of the market. They weren't that big in Riverside however and made most of their profits in Sky- and inside as well as a certain other city...

"Maybe if I put in a good word she could like... work at a counter or something? I mean, it doesn't even have to be an official job. She just could show up and... I throw her money." Nadia always told her to do something for the community, and this was it right? Giving some little girl money. That probably made her the saint of the year or something.
    [Seeking Help]

Right, that. Nadia had long ago stopped thinking about that company. She'd looked into it way back and had since put it out of her mind for the most part. "That's solve her money problems maybe, but that's not it. She's just a kid. She's Eliseo's age. She should be going to school and should have someone to look after her. That's not a problem you can just throw money at."

6. - Top - End - #246
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Seeking Interaction]

Talman's boots thudded metronomically as he patrolled the oversized room that made up the majority of his store. He had finally gotten all of his stock transferred over from his original location; a stall out in the street, which had been overflowing with "junk" and was, in the opinion of himself and others, dreadfully untidy.

Now he stood among a trove of clockwork treasures, shelves lined with nicknacks and baubles: silver, brass, and bronze pocket-watches in a graceful cascade along one wall; wind-up dolls and animals on low stools, where young children could easily reach them; intricately-constructed crossbows and other such weapons in a locked case behind the front counter; undecorated automata slowly turning on platforms in the middle; and even a large, antique grandfather's clock in the corner. Rhythmic ticking filled the air and backed up the sweet chorus of carefully-synchronized music boxes that lined his counter, complete with tiny dancers that pirouetted along with the music.

A place for everything, and everything finally in its place. Talman mused to himself, the bellows in his chest wheezing slightly as he let out a contented sigh. There was no hurry to sell any of his merchandise; he owned the building and his own mechanical nature ensured he would not need food in the near future, so he had no reason to not sit back and admire his work for a while.

...After a while had passed, however, he found himself in a bored limbo; he could not leave the shop unmanned, so he could not step out to do any of his usual tinkering, nor could he stay and simply do nothing for the remainder of the day. He'd already scoured the floors and walls entirely of dust, and all his merchandise was spot-free; so there was nothing more to do but sit and wait...

And wait...

and wait...
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2019-05-27 at 07:25 PM.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

7. - Top - End - #247

Faction HQ

"Skyside. The closest thing we've got to an insurrection is meant for Skyside. We considered New Inside for a while, but the culture there is too xenophobic for us to get a foot in the door." It wouldn't be the first time MagClones came into conflict with human supremacists, but given how poorly things went last time, maybe it's better to let sleeping dogs lie. Besides, it's an NPC city without a thread of its own, so there's only so much one can do about that.

"...Were you expecting us to do something to Inside? What do you mean now would be the worst time?" Ambriel asks, not sure why they're even having this conversation. Is it because Ithuriel's numbers were on the screen? Why wouldn't they be? If there was a disciplinary record in Intersection's files, where Ithuriel got in trouble for doing the right thing, wouldn't it be a good idea to know that? Is there anything wrong with scrounging up every shred of information possible, if you have the storage space for it?
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2019-05-28 at 07:51 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talman’s Shop]

A large figure enters the shop. Red in coat and horns, wearing black leather pants and a satchel, the minotaur cuts and imposing figure. But his size (and tendency to decide against shirts when off work) belies his nature; the more careful observer would look instead to his meticulously kept coat, the well-oiled revolver at his hip, or the fact that he doesn’t smell like the type to go squatting in dungeons for weeks on end.

”Good afternoon. Are you new in town? I don’t quite remember this shop being here.” And he has a very good memory when it comes to places.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

9. - Top - End - #249

[Seeking Help]

Irena is back to shrugging helplessly as she's completely out of ideas now. "Let's go with your orphanage idea then. I shouldn't pretend I got any clue how to deal with these sort of things."

"If you are looking for something simpler, look elsewhere. I don't train acolytes." And it looks like she is about to simply slam the door in their face, only prevented by Zula suddenly placing her hand on the door. Proving her a fair bit stronger than the grand warlock despite her small stature.

"Sekai, this has to stop. If you shut us all out, the rest of the organization will fall apart. You have to lead, otherwise Vax will accomplish exactly what she set out to do, to destroy us."

At the mention of 'Vax', Francoise might be able to see a glint in Sekai's eyes as she stares down at Zula.
    "Hmph, how daring." But there is a pause and she isn't protesting. "But now that I think about it, perhaps there is a way I can help you." Her glare shifts to Francoise. "You asked what a beginner summoning would be, and the answer is that there is none. Instead, you will have to start off like the rest of us by observing. I just so happen to be planning to contact a yu-seed in the near future and if its of such keen interest to you, you're allowed to observe."

[Seeking Interaction]

The front door of the shop is slammed open.

In enters a seven feet tall pointy eared woman stuffing her mouth with the remains of a hamburger. Drips of ketchup and grease falling out of the now empty wrapper as she presses it into a ball with her hand. The drops narrowly miss her clothing and end up falling down on the floor.
    To her credit, she does spot it. "Whoops, sorry about that, dude." Of course, her attempt to wipe the stains out with her shoe on her foot is not particularly successful.

Still, she seem satisfied and puts away the messy wrapper in her pocket as she continues inside the store.
    Her attention is drawn to the pocket-watches on the shelves which she immediately puts her greasy hands on to take a closer look. "Any of these work with shapeshifting?" She wonders out loud.

10. - Top - End - #250

[Faction HQ]

Huh. Well done Ambriel, you've left Ithuriel at a loss for words.

Her face flicks through a number of expressions, seemingly unsure whether to settle on angry, disbelieving, or...hurt.

"Please, Wings, just tell me what this is." She mumbles quietly, seeking some reassurance. Her voice wobbles as she speaks, suggesting she might be on the verge of just breaking down completely.

Maybe set business aside for now, Ambriel, before you really upset her.

11. - Top - End - #251

[Talman's Toys]

Were Talman capable, he would have flinched as the minotaur strode into his shop. As it was, he quietly reflected on his decision not to sell china.

"The shop is new, but I am not." Talman replied, his voice whistling through the crude prosthesis that served as his mouth. He extended a steel arm to the newcomer. "Can I help you, sir? Perhaps you are interested in- oh bother."

The woman that came in behind the minotaur looked to be far more trouble. While he could see the bull-man stumbling into a shelf or knocking something off its stand, the damage could be mitigated by handling the more delicate parts of the shop himself, and the minotaur himself seemed well-mannered- civilised, he internally elaborated- enough that he wouldn't cause much trouble, and would probably take pains not to.

But this woman? Hardly so. She was still wearing her last meal, which likely wasn't long ago. She hadn't bothered to clean or employ any form of delicacy he could see now. He could expect carelessness from her, which would not agree with the internal workings of his merchandise.

Nevertheless, business is business. "Have a seat, please, ma'am. I'll be with you in a moment."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Talman’s Toys

Krayger smiles, though he doesn’t show teeth.
    ”Well I had been going to welcome you to the neighborhood-”
    Something occurs to him at the same time Anika enters. Krayger is certainly not used to seeing elves as tall as he is. But stranger things have happened. He decides to be polite and keep going, resisting temptation to cringe at the gall to bring food into a workman’s shop.
    ”Do you have anything fashionable with teenagers? My nephew’s birthday is coming up. He’s a squire for Lady Danir, and I don’t think he owns a watch.” He certainly sounds proud of his nephew’s position.

13. - Top - End - #253

Talman’s Toys

The woman turns to Talman and smiles apologetically. "Prefer to stand actually. But, uh, don't mind me. I'll just look around a bit." It's kinda hard not to mind someone that tall though.
    She attempts to wipe off the grease off her hands on the back of her clothes and then turn to another pocket-watch, shaking it slightly as she picks it up.
    The woman peers at it closely and turns it in every conceivable angle in her hand as if trying to figure out how it works simply by looking at its exterior. She does not seem to have much look as she appears just as confused when she puts back the watch, ever so slightly misplaced, and turns to another one...

This process will be repeated a while.

14. - Top - End - #254

Talman's Toys

"Ah, yes, I might have a watch or two fitting that description." Talman ran a mechanical finger over the shelf behind him, his eyes never leaving the strange elf woman who was examining his work a few meters down from him. "Let me see... something strong, certainly, that will be indispensable for a squire... perhaps a touch fancy, to catch the eye, but not upstaging her ladyship..." His fingers plucked various watches from the wall, seemingly of their own accord, as he eyes Anika's meddlings. "Tell me more about this nephew of yours, mister... goodness me, I believe we skipped the part where we exchange names." The was a small click as his mouth pulled itself into a smile. "Morim Talman, at your service."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Talman’s Toys

”You can call me Krayger, Master Talman. I’m afraid my people don’t use surnames.” Well they sort of do, but Krayger discarded his clan’s name long ago.
    ”He’s in his middle teens, goes by Koshal. He is honest to a fault, and he has a dog he loves very much. He is exceptionally loyal and he never misses a chance to tease me. He looks just like my brother.” Krayger takes a picture from his wallet of Koshal and a friend. The lad also looks very much like his uncle save for the shape of his horns and his size, but Krayger rarely talks about how his brother and he are twins.

16. - Top - End - #256

Talman's Toys

Starting to hum a melody as she looks around, Anika has nothing else to add right now unless she would accidentally trip and fall on the clockworks.

So its a good thing that doesn't happen.

17. - Top - End - #257

Talman's Toys

"Interesting..." Talman set about half a dozen selections out on the counter, each one of them with thick frames, quite a few of them oversized, including a particularly hefty one which was about 9 inches in diameter, and even the smallest was at least 6. Without exception, the external casing was utilitarian; plain, except for a slight shine from the finish. Talman methodically clicked each of them open, revealing intricate engravings on the interiors; a pair of wolves chasing each other in an endless loop, a droopy-faced hound staring back out, and various other canine-centric engravings. "If none of these appeal, I do custom engravings at reasonable prices. Nothing quite like a personal tou-"

Talman's attempt at a sales pitch is interrupted by the sound of his watches toppling off the shelf like dominoes, thanks to both his careful attempt at cascading them tastefully and Anika's lack of care for said arrangement. Several of the smaller ones sprang open and dispensed their contents all over the floor, scattering gears and springs with an ungodly clattering sound.

Talman stopped in his tracks and let out a quiet, wheezing sigh. There goes the rest of the week...
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2019-05-29 at 07:51 PM.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talman's Toys]

Krayger flinches, having been about to select a shiny black-finished watch with wolves on it when the display goes awry.
    "Um, would you rather I...come back later, Master Talman?" he asks gently.

19. - Top - End - #259

[Talman's Toys]

The elf nearly jumps into the air when the shelves start falling. "Oh ****." She exclaims in shock, but doesn't know how to really react until it all has toppled over.
    She blinks, glancing between the fallen shelves and the shopkeeper. "Uh, sorry? I have no idea how that happened, mister. I was just looking at stuff. They just started falling by themselves." She claims.

20. - Top - End - #260

[Talman's Toys]

"It's quite alright, mister Krayger. Feel free to continue looking." Talman turns to Anika, pivoting at the waist with a loud grinding of gears, retrieving a steel rod, about a food long, from a nearby display, advancing on the elf-woman slowly, his boots thudding against the floor in a mechanical, metronomic fashion, like an oversized toy soldier. "You, on the other hand..." He began, in a calm, even tone.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talman’s Toys]

Krayger decides on the black watch, but wisely decides to avoid touching anything. He looks on with morbid curiosity at the ensuing confrontation. He supposes it’s his job to intervene if a fight actually breaks out.

22. - Top - End - #262

[Talman’s Toys]

The elf shrugs helplessly. "I'm really sorry, mister. Honest. I dunno what happened, and I don't have that much money on me..." She scratches her head and looks away. "I got some hidden away though, if I could just get that..."

23. - Top - End - #263

[Talman's Toys]

"Frankly, my dear, I don't care about the money." Talman pressed a small button on the side of the rod, causing the haft to extend drastically, the bottom striking the floor with and ominous thunk. A pair of arms extended from the top, perpendicular to the shaft, clicking into place and forming a single, hefty-looking cylinder along the top.

It wasn't until the bristles popped out the top that it became readily apparent that Talman was handing her a fold-out broom.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

24. - Top - End - #264
    Firbolg in the Playground

"If you are looking for something simpler, look elsewhere. I don't train acolytes." And it looks like she is about to simply slam the door in their face, only prevented by Zula suddenly placing her hand on the door. Proving her a fair bit stronger than the grand warlock despite her small stature.

"Sekai, this has to stop. If you shut us all out, the rest of the organization will fall apart. You have to lead, otherwise Vax will accomplish exactly what she set out to do, to destroy us."

At the mention of 'Vax', Francoise might be able to see a glint in Sekai's eyes as she stares down at Zula.
    "Hmph, how daring." But there is a pause and she isn't protesting. "But now that I think about it, perhaps there is a way I can help you." Her glare shifts to Francoise. "You asked what a beginner summoning would be, and the answer is that there is none. Instead, you will have to start off like the rest of us by observing. I just so happen to be planning to contact a yu-seed in the near future and if its of such keen interest to you, you're allowed to observe."
    Françoise is not impressed. These people are ridiculous. Pathetic. They clearly need help, and badly.
    But the normal ways would be too disruptive. Risk losing all the magical knowledge here.
    They nod, and look at Zula, finally fed up.
    "What were you thinking?" hisses their awful communication device. "You must have known all this."
    To the grand warlock, it sound much nicer. "I will observe, then. Which yu-seed are you planning to contact?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #265

Faction HQ

The angel sighs, still unsure what any of this is about. What happened to Ithuriel before she got here? "This isn't just some clubhouse where we just sit around and complain about Magtok all day, Ithuriel. You know how some cities have a line of foreign restaurants all on one street, or an area known for its hotels, or a street with all the fast food chains on it? Skyside has something like that, an entire street dedicated to slaves. It's disgusting, and it's even more disgusting that people just let it exist."

Ambriel points out a particular stream of data, with someone's banking information. A portion is highlighted, denoting routine withdrawals just outside the reviled Slaver Street.

"VIGIL isn't doing anything about that. HALO isn't doing anything about that, either. They only deal with the immediate problems, not the institutional ones. Nobody cares, because once evil gets embedded in the fabric of the Nexus like that, no one has the time or patience needed to cut it out. Faction is going to be the someones who care, though. We've got the guns, the bodies, and nothing better to do with our lives. That's the whole reason we're all sticking together in this dumb secret base, to put all our weapons and weirdness to good use, to try to make the Nexus a better place. I thought you knew that." It does occur to Ambriel that he might've been a bit too ambiguous about Faction's mission every now and then. It probably would've saved him a lot of trouble now if he just opened up sooner.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

26. - Top - End - #266

The ape-woman stares back. "Don't give me sass now, not everyone has Sekai's conservative approach. There is actually little to no danger involved in these rituals if you just follow the instructions."

For the first time during the entire conversation, Sekai actually smiles. If only for a moment before she takes on her usual somber tone. "'Conservative'? When I started, they simply threw acolytes at whatever new entities they had found and observed the results. What I saw back then made me stick to my 'conservative' methods, Zula." She turns to Francoise. "Besides, just following the instructions won't give you the results you want. Now, the seed I am to call is named 'Kiinushii', you won't find much information about it within those books as no one has before managed to call upon it. I'm about to change that though. So if you're really interested, read up on everything you can find on the seeds and come here in two days at noon. Be well-prepared."

[Talman's Toys]

Anika raises her finger as if she was about to say something, perhaps even protest, but pauses the moment she notices that he's actually handing her a broom. "Oh. Okay." She scratches her head and accepts it, taking a long look at it. "I can do that, I guess." Now more than ever she wished she had one of those magical animated brooms that swept the floors by themselves like they had in silvermoon.

"So do I just sweep it under some rug, or...?" She puts the broom against the floor, ready to sweep. This could take a while though, would she even have the patience?

27. - Top - End - #267

[Talman's Toys]

"Behind the counter would be more ideal." Talman replied. "I'll still need access to all the parts, but there's no sense in leaving them out here where any hapless soul can impale their foot."

That was far easier than expected.
    Talman had anticipated her to protest more than she had- as she'd already pointed out to herself, this would translate to a few hours of dull, mindless cleaning, which she seemed to be too much in a hurry to comply with so easily.

Then again, perhaps that wasn't her game. She'd been eying his smallest watches, he'd noticed, and those especially were worth a small fortune... any simpleton who called himself a clockmaker could put together a series of large cogs, but it took a certain delicacy to handle gears as fine as those contained within his work. And, as the name implied, it would be far too easy to pocket one of said watches. An hour of cleaning would be tedious, certainly, but it'd also let her leave the store without giving him any reason to pursue or investigate, and the chaos of littering the floor with merchandise would be the perfect cover to conceal the sudden disappearance of a few of them. Sneaky knife-eared filcher...

...Of course, he had no proof of this, and he wouldn't be able to maintain his good name if he accused her without any. But she was stuck with him for the next hour or so. She'd slip up at some point, certainly...

It then occurred to him that he was still in the middle of a sale. "Apologies for the delay, mister Krayger." He began, shuffling behind the counter. "Have you found anything you want?"
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2019-05-31 at 01:20 PM.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talman’s Toys]

To be fair, elves from Anika's homeworld have ears large enough that they would be closer compared to swords.

Krayger nods to the man, determined to act like nothing is amiss. ”Yes. The black one, if you please. Faye’s coat is black; Koshal will love it.” he says happily, even if it will be several months before his nephew even gets the gift.

29. - Top - End - #269

[Talman's Toys]

"Am I to-" And now he was busy with that tauren-fellow again, but whatever. She'd just deal with the small stuff first and eventually figure out some more entertaining and effective way of doing all this.

A controlled typhoon? Nah, that'd be stupid...
    Ugh, why hadn't druids invented more practical magic? Like making treants to do all the work for you...

For now, she will simply start sweeping.

30. - Top - End - #270

[Talman's Toys]

"Excellent choice." Talman's mouth clicked into a smile as he retrieved the watch. "As it is, I typically charge [MODERATELY HIGH AMOUNT IN LOCAL CURRENCY] for one of these. Is that acceptable to you?" He was still stealing sideways glances at Anika, on the off chance she was engaging in any of the thievery he was so paranoid about.

(Seriously though, what's the local currency, and how weighty is one unit?)

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]