New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Lost Spheres Publishing FAQ

Q210:
    Can you specify Manifesting Time please? (Infuse Akasha, Precognition, Ship's Tactical, Psychic Vibrations, Starmind, Thought Shield, Offensive)
    It's missing (at least at the spheres wiki)

A210 This powers manifesting times are: Infuse Akasha (Swift Action) and Precognition, Ship's Tactical, Psychic Vibrations, Starmind, Thought Shield, Offensive are all standard actions

Q211:
    Planestrider archetype gains bonus feats at the 1st, 5th etc levels and states that "you must still meet all prerequisites for the bonus feat". This ability replaces the discipline class feature.
    But some of these feats require a Nomad discipline choice while Planestrider cannot choose a discipline at all.
    Am I missing something?

A212This was mistakenly entered as a psion archetype but should actually be a nomad variant. It was intended to be replaceable by feature and level, allowing some characters to select normal nomad abilities or the planestrider options. Sorry of the confusion.

Q212: Can tou please explain Telekinetic Combat ability for me (Trinity angel)? Does it affect reach? Can these weapons be used with path of war maneuvers? Can you be disarmed? How you calculate your CMB with this weapons? Thank you![/QUOTE]

A212: This is a short range telekinetic grasp that functionally replaces Strength with the chosen attribute. Otherwise use all calculations as standard, the grasp can execute abilities and be disarmed. Some GMs may wish this to allow for some non-combat applications, but generally this is an aggressive and violent talent that should function mostly as a Strength replacement.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Q213:
    Sorry if it's been asked, tried to find it and had no luck. When multiclassing multiple veilweaving classes together, are known veils simply added to the list available to the character?
    Ex: A Zodiac 9 picks up a level of Vizier, gaining all the Vizier veils but now able to use them at their combined veilweaver level with the resulting essence caps and chakra binds.

A213A character generally has one effective veilweaving level that is the some of their feats, features, and classes granting them to a maximum of character level.

Q214:
    A) In the Quiet Lands, given that it is a flat world with defined edges, how do the sun, timekeeping, and any moons work?
    B) Given that the Quiet Lands is an 'outer' plane with its own Petitioners, is it a recognized thing that sometimes people die and leave behind not-ghosts, and do petitioners from other material planes that resonate with the neutrality and interdiction sometimes arrive in the Quiet Lands as their afterlife?

A214As a Realm in the planes of Neutrality, the Quiet Lands behave similarly to a Prime Material. The passage of a perceived sun is almost always obscured by clouds and mist, but the "sun" is sometimes visible. Sages speculate it is actually a manifestation of the Trines Celestis and/or Trines Libria appearing as a singular light at great distance. Similarly, the stars at night are the manifestation of the constellation spirits and not true stars, despite appearing to be. Flying vessels cannot actually reach either and risk being lost in Mist or collision with unseen planar boundaries.

Q215:
    What further Akashic content and books can we expect? Greatly looking forward to more of the Akashic Realms series and new Cosmologies.

A215A few. Delays and slowed physical sales have impacted the schedule but a lot more content is on the way. We can only ask for patience.

Thank you!

A(Null) You are most welcome.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Pixie in the Playground

Thank you for the answers! Can't wait to see more and throw money at you for the next books.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

It's good to hear more Akashic stuff is coming out and I can understand delays happening with everything going on; stay safe and keep up the good work. I do have a question on what type of new Akashic stuff will be coming out too.

Q217: Will there be any more Ring and Blood veils created? While it's a good idea to create more veils that a good majority of the veilweaving classes can use as far as I'm aware there's still only the Ring and Blood veils from the original Akashic Mysteries book; so it'd be nice to see both Daevic and Vizier get some more options with their unique veil slots.
    "Nod. Get treat." ~Greyview the Wise

"Should always expect head rub. Safer that way." ~Greyview the Wise

5. - Top - End - #365
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Zulwarn View Post
    It's good to hear more Akashic stuff is coming out and I can understand delays happening with everything going on; stay safe and keep up the good work. I do have a question on what type of new Akashic stuff will be coming out too.
    I'm not a developer nor do I play one on TV, but a page or two ago it was revealed that Lost Spheres bought the rights to Spheres of Akasha that got playtested in this forum from Cobalt Sage.

So some of that content will be opening up akashic options for Spheres of Power characters and veils rewritten for compatibility with spheres of might.

I don't know if that's something that will excite you or not.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey I absolutely love the product, I will buy anything you decide to make in this vein. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

That being said I do have a question that I could not find an answer to while searching through this thread and reading the entry over and over again. Maybe I'm just thick and not quite getting it.

With the Semoxa Veryx, how does the whole bonding thing work? Where does the original humanoid go? Sometimes I think they become one creature, the Semoxa Veryx but other times I think that the humanoid stays its own thing and the Semoxa is another thing? Are they actually joined together like some symbiote-amalgamated humanoid with two brains that can both cast spells for example? I'm not sure whether or not I have read the answer already but for some reason I can't seem to figure this out. Appreciate any responses that helps clear this up.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imp

Q218. Just wanted to be clear: the veil, "Ceradon's Eternity," places someone under a "partial temporal stasis," corect? It doesn't actually stop the person under the effect from moving, attacking, being attacked, or whatever else have you, right? Also, it stops regeneration - does this include the regeneration it itself gives you with the Body chakra bind?

Q219. The veil, "Demon Lord's Hunger" deals damage to manufactured weapons that strike the bearer. Does this damage bypass hardness?
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2021-04-24 at 09:00 PM.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Zulwarn View Post

Q217: Will there be any more Ring and Blood veils created? While it's a good idea to create more veils that a good majority of the veilweaving classes can use as far as I'm aware there's still only the Ring and Blood veils from the original Akashic Mysteries book; so it'd be nice to see both Daevic and Vizier get some more options with their unique veil slots.
    There actually are a bunch in this book. You can find them on the Library in my signature, as well.
    The Library of Metzofitz: An up-to-date reference document for all of your Akashic, Path of War, and Psionic needs. In the works: Gonzo and Legendary material.

Pathfinder Caster Spreadsheet: For when you need to check if there's a spontaneous caster Witch or a Charisma-based Alchemist (the answer is yes). Includes manifesters, initiators, and veilweavers. Now with a colorblind version!

Akashic Character Sheet: Tracks invested Essence, plenty of space for veils and other Akashic hullabaloo.

9. - Top - End - #369

ElfRangerGuy

How do veils, particularly ones that create armor and weapons, interact with polymorph effects?

10. - Top - End - #370
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Q220: For the Thunderbird constellation, does its chakram weapon form return to you after you throw it? Also, does it harm you if you wield it in melee, as normal, or are you protected from that because it's your magic?
    The Library of Metzofitz: An up-to-date reference document for all of your Akashic, Path of War, and Psionic needs. In the works: Gonzo and Legendary material.

Pathfinder Caster Spreadsheet: For when you need to check if there's a spontaneous caster Witch or a Charisma-based Alchemist (the answer is yes). Includes manifesters, initiators, and veilweavers. Now with a colorblind version!

Akashic Character Sheet: Tracks invested Essence, plenty of space for veils and other Akashic hullabaloo.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Moonhand View Post
    Q220: For the Thunderbird constellation, does its chakram weapon form return to you after you throw it? Also, does it harm you if you wield it in melee, as normal, or are you protected from that because it's your magic?
    A220
    Per Sslarn on discord a year or so ago.
    "Constellations don't have the same auto-return function that veils have, so you need to recover thrown weapons like Thunderbird's chakram form the same as other thrown weapons (get a blinkback belt, use the free enhancements for returning, take feats or talents that let you bounce or recover a thrown weapon, etc.)

Unlike veils, constellations can inherently be shared with other characters, including the champion forms of other constellations. If constellations had the free recovery that veils get, it would be a lot easier to "juggle" extremely powerful weapons or other equipment between multiple characters for unintended power boosts. Veils cost a lot more character resource to share so they have more convenience tools built in, while constellations are shareable by default so they follow more of the standard gear limitations."

Q221
    How long does this darkness effect last?

"Imp’s Eyes
    Descriptors: Darkness, divination
    Class: Nexus, Vizier
    Slot: Headband
    Saving Throw: None

Cat-like lenses cover your eyes, granting you the ability to sense poisons and see in utter darkness.

While you have this veil shaped, you may use detect poison as an at-will spell-like ability with a caster level equal to your veilweaver level and you gain darkvision out to 60 ft. or increase your existing darkvision by 30 feet. In addition, you may take a point of essence burn to lower the light level in a 20 ft. radius around yourself by two steps (bright light to dim light, normal light to darkness). This is considered a darkness effect with a spell level equal to 1 + the number of points of essence invested that can dispel light effects of equal or lower equivalent spell level."
    Last edited by YroPro; 2021-06-28 at 12:53 PM.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

So I was looking for a full BAB Int based veilweaving Class or Archetype for a friend trying to pull off a really specific build and we were finding none.
    And then we came across the Albedo Fighter which doesn't have a modifier specified. What is the modifier supposed to be?

Edit: Ssalarn got me on the Paizo thread, it should be Wisdom like Shape Veil feat.
    Last edited by Maahes0; 2022-11-16 at 11:14 PM.

13. - Top - End - #373

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Maahes0 View Post
    So I was looking for a full BAB Int based veilweaving Class or Archetype for a friend trying to pull off a really specific build and we were finding none.
    And then we came across the Albedo Fighter which doesn't have a modifier specified. What is the modifier supposed to be?

Edit: Ssalarn got me on the Paizo thread, it should be Wisdom like Shape Veil feat.
    Lost Sphere's Spheres of Akasha has the veilweaving sphere, which makes any spherecaster class or archetype a potential akashic user.

So Mageknights, Armorists, Reapers, and Crimson Dancers can all be full BAB int based veilweavers, by the by.