New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Servants of the Thrallherd IC 2 [3.5, faster posting speed]

Xaanthios

"Avalon will get clear and guard the far side until we are able to follow.
    It is regretable that we are not able to easily push ahead, but that is what it is. The element of surprise was ours. Hopefully we can maintain it."

Xaanthios mentally directs Avalon to move just out of range of the heat so as to guard the stairs without taking damage from the wall. He moves in to the center of the room, scanning about.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Move to P9.
    Last edited by PeacefulOak; 2019-02-22 at 10:54 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Have... Avalon protect me? I'll keep to the stairs to watch for anything coming and can teleport back." With a flash of blackness Cendrik is suddenly on the other side of the firewall halfway up the stairs.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Swift: Flames Blessing Stance (Fire Resist 10)
    Shadow Jaunt (Teleport) to P4 to keep watch. Semi-crouching so I should be able to see at least some of the next level while keeping cover. Next round if nothing is happening I'll use Adaptive Style to reset my maneuvers. If the party is going to wait out the flames and I don't see any enemies I'll slip to Q4 and keep watch from there for the time.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Rex shakes his head, this was not good, he pushed through, gritting his teeth and closing his eyes from the fire.

Spoiler
    Show

Double action to move through and up the stairs.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Round 3

The remaining enemies are finished off.

Spoiler: Status
    Show

Wall of Fire expires on round 10, part 1
    AC 5 damage
    Rex 11 damage
    Xaanthios +40 temp HP; Share Pain

Round 4

Cendrik teleports over to the stairs. The Astral construct stands above him, halfway around the curving staircase and taking minor damage (4 damage). You hear an angry shout from upstairs, and some thumping noises echo down.

Rex stomps up the stairs past them, ignoring the pain (21 damage)

Spoiler: Map & Status
    Show

AC 9 damage
    Rex 32 damage

=> Party
    Last edited by J-H; 2019-02-22 at 01:57 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Colossus in the Playground

Melinda grits her teeth and pops past the wall, hurrying up the stairs after the construct and Rex.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Anklet of Translocation to teleport past the wall as a swift action.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Rex gets the next floor and sees nothing worth staying for, and heads for the stairs, his calf muscles were burning wearing this armor heading up stairs, good thing he had some down time!

Spoiler
    Show

Next floor!

Rex
    HP's: 104/136
    AC: 29
    T: 11 FF: 29
    Effects: Iron Guards Glare stance (-4 on attacks vs allies to opponents that I threaten), LAW devotion (8/10)
    Maneuvers available: Vanguard Strike, Shield Block, Douse the Flames, Battle Leaders Charge

(1d2)[2]

1. Battle Leaders Charge
    2. Foehammer

Last edited by BelGareth; 2019-02-22 at 04:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

7. - Top - End - #97

Let's hope that's the other half of the plan." Cendrik pauses, waiting for Xaan to catch up. He uses the moment to refocus himself.

Show
    Adaptive Style to redo maneuvers. 5' step to P22. Kish didn't specify a destination. Perhaps somewhere like Q22?
    Show
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Xaanthios

With a thought, the psion's anklets shimmer and teleport him to the other side of the wall of flames, from which he quickly dashes to join his companions and Avalon at the top of the stairs, ensuring they are all out of the flame's heat. He scans the room, directing Avalon to watch the stairs above to ensure no danger is coming down.

Show
    Blink across the flames, Move to P21, direct Avalon up the stairs enough to be out of the flames and between us and the further upstairs.

(1d20+1)[12] spot check

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Round 5

Rex runs upstairs to the third floor, and doesn’t see any signs of activity.

Melinda flicks past her wall of fire, running up to the 2nd floor, as does Xaanthios. Cendik checks out the room, seeing it as described.

The “Today’s menu board” draws your eyes as it begins moving towards the stairwell. Something must be pushing or pulling it, but whatever is doing it is invisible, and you don’t hear any footsteps. It’s moved until the board bumps into Xaanthios and stops.

Spoiler: It’s a trap!
    Show

Everyone was told the previous evening that the menu board has Sepia Snake Sigil embedded on it as a trap.

I assume that the nature of SSS was probably discussed briefly. That said – it’s a thing moving towards your characters with printed matter on it, and that naturally draws the eye for anyone who’s reading-inclined, and everyone has slept since that discussion.

Make an INT check or a WIS check, your choice, against DC 10 to avoid reading the words if you think your character would avoid it. If your character is one that would likely read anything, you can skip the check if you want.

It’s then a Reflex DC 18 to negate the effect if you read it. Whoever reads it first discharges the effect.

If you succeed on your INT or WIS check and are next to the menu board, you can make a Reflex DC 20 check (representing acting really fast as a reaction) to knock it down or smash it so that nobody else can read it.

Rex sees a female mage protected by several spells step onto the stairs above him. Looking through the banister, she casts a spell, and he finds that most of the room is enveloped in a pattern of gently glowing lights running the full spectrum of colors in the rainbow, moving in gentle, waving lines. It’s no doubt very entertaining, but he refuses to be distracted. Nobody else in the party can see it yet.

Show

AC 9 damage
    Rex 32 damage

=> Party
    Last edited by J-H; 2019-03-01 at 11:12 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100

Mages were to be feared and the group planned on assaulting three of them. Apparently unlike the others in the group, Cendrik considered the traps that Albin told them about to be just as dangerous. They had put aside his discussions on how to deal with them or how to deal if one was set off. Having a summoned dog or an astral construct destroy them before the party could get close was ideal to the swordsage. Apparently the traps would be left to him. That's why his fire snake included burning the tapestry back on the ground floor. That's why he paused here and kept his eyes on the stairways waiting for Xaan from below and anything coming down, while his martial focused on the rest of the floor. The movement to his left triggered his instincts. He snapped his claws together and started off another fire snake to catch anything in that whole section of the room that wasn't an ally. "Mind the traps! Two more next level."

Show
    "must deliberately read it". The board moving meant fire snake without more than looking at the legs of the board. Hopefully that avoids the roll for reading or at least gives a bonus.
    Just in case, WIS DC 10: (1d20+2)[18]
    Reflex DC 18: (1d20+10)[11]

Firesnake: 60' line that turns. Use the lower right corner of each square listed. Damage can only be taken once by any target. Reflex DC 16 for half fire damage.
    Damage: [roll]6d6][/roll] (From OOC: 28)
    Path: O21, N21, M21, M20, L20, L21, L22, L23, L24, M24, N24, N23, O23

Then move to Q19.
    Last edited by Cavir; 2019-03-02 at 08:11 AM.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Xaanthios

Years honing his mind grants Xaanthios the focus to avoid the sigil’s influence as it rushes forward, although a moment’s thought considers the added danger of having them thrust forth.

”Be wary of traps that move, as well. Stay sharp, friends.”A thought sends Avalon charging up the stairs past Rex and out into the library, unnatural eyes scanning for threats to demolish.

Show
    Avalon moves to O38, should be immune to whatever is up there (but I could be wrong). It attacks (or diverts to attack if it sees an opponent it could reach), and failing that readies an action to attack any non-ally that approaches. Xaanthios stays put for the moment.

12. - Top - End - #102

"So far so good." Melinda comes to a stop as well, waiting for some indication of what's going on with the minions.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Rex eyes narrow as the air is filled with sparkling lights, he growls low as he realizes it is magical tricker! Seeing the mage above him, he yells out to the others "I found the other, quickly, up the stairs!" as he keeps going, sword ready to deliver a strike.

Spoiler
    Show

free action: law devotion into attack bonus
    Move up and single attack the mage

Initiate Foehammer (=2d6 and ignores DR)
    Attack - (1d20+13)[16]
    Damage - (1d10+4)[14] & electricity - (2d6)[5] & Foehammer - (2d6)[7]

Rex
    AC: 26
    T: 11 FF: 26
    Effects: Iron Guards Glare stance (-4 on attacks vs allies to opponents that I threaten), LAW devotion (7/10)
    Maneuvers available: Vanguard Strike, Shield Block, Douse the Flames, Battle Leaders Charge, Foehammer

1. Foehammer

Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

14. - Top - End - #104

At Rex's yell, Melinda runs up behind him, though she hasn't yet seen who he's yelling about.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Round 6, Part 1

Cendrik unleashes a wave of flame that writhes through the room, destroying the trapped menu board. It briefly outlines a medium-sized invisible blob behind the menu board, but the unseen creature disintegrates into nothingness immediately. Cendrik moves back and down the steps slightly in case there are more threats.

The Astral construct runs up and around the stairs, into the library and between two of the stacks.

Xaanthios stays where he is. RexThaun runs up the stairs, swinging his sword, but it bounces off of the layers of magical protection against the caster. Melinda follows at his call, running into the pattern of glowing lights.

Round 6, Part 2

The lights moving in the air are very pretty. Rex and Melinda both stop to look around at them. Sierra backs up the stairs, moving away from RexThaun.

Spoiler: Will save against Rainbow Pattern
    Show

(Melinda can ID it, if she’s not distracted)
    Rex & Melinda are both in it. There is no text stating that if you make your save, you are immune to it for the next 24 hours (as is present for other mind-effecting spells)…. So Will Save DC 19
    Rex Will (1d20+7)[8]
    Melinda Will (1d20+5)[8]

Rex AOO (1d20+13)[26] for (1d10+4)[6] plus (1d6)[1] electricity.

Fascination offers a second saving throw if a hostile creature is attacking, moving closer, etc. Sierra has not technically attacked Rex, and she's moving away, so I think Rex is not entitled to a second save.

Show

AC 9 damage
    Rex 32 damage, fascinated
    Melinda fascinated

=> Party
    Last edited by J-H; 2019-03-04 at 10:18 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106

At least for now Cendrik is able to stay focused on the mission and not the enemy spell's effects. He calls downstairs. "Xaan, hurry up. Some mesmerizing light spell this level. Close your eyes and use the inner railing to get past it. Have Avalon bump Melinda then catch up to me to defend me so it knows where to go."

Cendrik darts up the stairs past Melinda. As he goes around he notices Rex also mesmerized. Stopping just past him so that the swordsage is beyond the spell he takes notice of the next level to decide his next action.

Show
    Move to the same spot on the next level as I am now (30' using diagonals). If I see Sierra where I can teleport 10' and be in melee range then I'll use my boots to swift teleport 10' and attack her with Death from Above. Otherwise I backhand (not stab, nonlethal) Rex to get his attention. I can roll the appropriate stuff later.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Cendrik runs up the stairs, jostling RexThaun and snapping him back into wakefulness from "land of pretty colors."
    He reaches the top of the stairs, and sees Sierra standing a ways away, behind a fiery snake-creature holding a spear; Cendrik can't identify it. The creature is flanked by two small air elementals and a small fire elemental.

Spoiler: snake creature picture
    Show

Spoiler: Map
    Show

=> Rest of Party
    Last edited by J-H; 2019-03-05 at 08:29 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108

Cendrik sees the array of enemies ahead. He smacks the dragonborn behind him. "Come on, get to it."

He calls downstairs. "Plenty of summoned creatures here! Use your potions and hurry up!
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

The colors were annoying him, but they swirled in such a peculiar way, he had a hard time ignoring them, but no, this wouldn't do, a crusader of Great Leader, being distracted, he wandered where the others were, Melinda was near by, wasn't she? And what about Cendrik? he couldn't see them.

And then he got smacked in the face, Cendrik mumbling something, he was somewhere else, how?

Shaking the lights from his head, he'll have to figure that out later, and smack Cendrik as well, but he needed to focus, moving forward, he flanked his companion, and swung at the nearest monster, they needed to get a handle on this second mage.

Spoiler
    Show

Free action Law devotion into AC
    Move to Q51 if i can avoid an OOA (moving diagonally?) or P51 if not.
    Swing at nearest with foehammer

Attack - (1d20+10)[28]
    Damage - (1d10+4)[12] & Electricity - (1d6)[3] & Foehammer - (2d6)[9]

Rex
    Effects: Iron Guards Glare stance (-4 on attacks vs allies to opponents that I threaten), LAW devotion (6/10)
    Maneuvers available: Foehammer, Douse the Flames

1. Vanguard Strike
    2. Shield Block
    3. Douse the Flames
    4. Battle Leaders Charge
    5. Foehammer

Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

20. - Top - End - #110

Xaanthios

The psion instinctively knew how to protect himself from visual spells. He closes his eyes and opens his mind to the world around him through a telekinetic field that exceeded the width of the tower. He then hurries up the stairs to try to catch up. Reaching the next level he pokes at Melinda to wake her from her stupor then orders Avalon to head up and attack what Cendrik fights.

Show
    Xaan's buffs:
    Vigor cast with 8PP: 40 temp HP to me and Psi-crystal (Overchannel/Talented, no risk)
    Inertial Armor cast with 7PP: +10 AC to Me and Psi-crystal (which is in a pocket)
    Share Pain (3PP): Sharing damage with psi-crystal.

Activate Touchsight at minimum power. 5PP (37 remaining) for touchsight out to 60' for 7 minutes. Move to P35 and poke Melinda.

Avalon moves to Q49 and attacks the air elemental at R50.
    Attack: (1d20+10)[18] crit: (1d20+10)[11]
    damage: (2d6+7)[10] crit: (2d6+7)[16]
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111

Jolted awake, Melinda runs up the stairs. Stopping behind Cendrik, she debates tactics before deciding that she'd better deal with Sierra quickly before they're overwhelmed by summons. She chants quickly, flicking out one of her hands in a throwing motion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Sudden Empower on Orb of Fire: (1d20+4)[12] Critical threat check: [roll]1d20+4[/rol] Damage: (11d6)[29] Critical damage: (11d6)[30] x 1.5, fire, and if it hits she needs to make a DC 20 Fortitude save or be dazed for one round.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Round 7, Part 1

Cendrik runs up the stairs, jostling RexThaun and snapping him back into wakefulness from "land of pretty colors."

He reaches the top of the stairs, and sees Sierra standing a ways away, behind a fiery snake-creature holding a spear; Cendrik can't identify it. The creature is flanked by two small air elementals and a small fire elemental.

RexThaun follows upstairs, moving around Cendrik and swinging his blade in a heavy stroke at the snake-creature (hit for 24).

Xaanthios manifests Touchsight, moving up with his eyes shut. His Astral construct shakes Melinda out of her stupor. Opening his eyes as he arrives at the top of the stairs, Xaanthios recognizes small earth and fire elementals, but can’t quite place the fiery snake-thing, beyond the fact that it’s an extraplanar fiery-snake thing with a spear. (rolled a 3 on K:Planes).

Melinda follows her up, flinging a powerful orb of fire. Sierra glances her way in time to see it, and dodges enough that whatever magical protections she has keep it from hitting her (touch attack did not land!).

Round 7, Part 2

Sierra makes some strange gestures, and a flickering veil of orange light surrounds her. The bubble of glowing orange energy makes it nearly impossible to make out her form – you know where she is, but her exact movements are now concealed. Xaanthios recognizes it as some sort of sophisticated barrier spell, likely one that would deal damage to anyone trying to reach through it (Psicraft/Spellcraft). Melinda is pretty sure that it would stop any sort of magical ray attack, and that the concealment granted would make those pretty chancy anyway. She thinks she remembers that wind effects of a sufficiently high level work against orange prismatic walls, and this should be something similar (K: Arcana).

The snake creature stabs at RexThaun thrice, then spins in place, slapping with its tail. The spear glows red with flames. The small fire elemental tries to follow suit, as do the air elementals – all focused on the one target they can most easily hit. One spear blow runs deep, and the creature's tail gives the dragonborn a stout clout as well.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spear (1d20+14)[32] for (1d8+6)[8] damage plus (1d6)[4] fire hit for 12 damage
    (haste) Spear (1d20+14)[21] for (1d8+6)[12] damage plus (1d6)[3] fire miss
    Spear (1d20+9)[27] for (1d8+6)[11] damage plus (1d6)[4] fire miss
    Tail slap (1d20+12)[30] for (2d6+2)[14] and (1d6)[4] fire hit for 18 damage

all the little elemental attacks miss
    SFE (1d20+6)[10] for (2d4)[7] (reg + fire damage) and I’ll roll burning stuff if it manages to hit with a 20; +2 from flanking
    Haste SFE (1d20+6)[18] for (2d4)[2] (reg + fire damage) and I’ll roll burning stuff if it manages to hit with a 20; +2 from flanking
    SAE1 (1d20+8)[13] for (1d4)[4]; +2 from flanking
    Haste SAE1 (1d20+8)[27] for (1d4)[1]; +2 from flanking

SAE2 (1d20+6)[7] for (1d4)[4]
    Haste SAE2 (1d20+6)[17] for (1d4)[1]

Show

Sierra Orange warding, other buffs
    S 24 damage, haste
    Sae1 haste
    Sae2 haste
    Sfe1 haste

Downstairs Wall of Fire expires on round 10, part 1
    AC 9 damage
    Rex 62 damage, Iron Guard’s Glare, Law Devotion (+3 AC)
    Melinda none

=> Party
    Last edited by J-H; 2019-03-12 at 09:40 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113

"Brace yourselves," Melinda advises her companions before casting a spell to produce a sudden powerful gust of wind. "Use wind on her!"

Spoiler
    Show
    If I'm reading correctly that she's in AE1's threatened area, she's casting defensively, DC 18: (1d20+14)[15] If not she won't bother.

The Gust, if she didn't fail to cast defensively, is aimed directly at Sierra, which means it hits...Sierra and whoever counts as being in a line between her and Sierra.

A Tiny or smaller creature on the ground is knocked down and rolled 1d4×10 feet, taking 1d4 points of nonlethal damage per 10 feet. If flying, a Tiny or smaller creature is blown back 2d6×10 feet and takes 2d6 points of nonlethal damage due to battering and buffeting.

Small creatures are knocked prone by the force of the wind, or if flying are blown back 1d6×10 feet.

Medium creatures are unable to move forward [toward Melinda] against the force of the wind, or if flying are blown back 1d6×5 feet.

Large or larger creatures may move normally within a gust of wind effect.

A gust of wind can’t move a creature beyond the limit of its range.

Any creature, regardless of size, takes a -4 penalty on ranged attacks and Listen checks in the area of a gust of wind.

The force of the gust automatically extinguishes candles, torches, and similar unprotected flames. It causes protected flames, such as those of lanterns, to dance wildly and has a 50% chance to extinguish those lights.

In addition to the effects noted, a gust of wind can do anything that a sudden blast of wind would be expected to do. It can create a stinging spray of sand or dust, fan a large fire, overturn delicate awnings or hangings, heel over a small boat, and blow gases or vapors to the edge of its range.
    Last edited by Kish; 2019-03-13 at 11:06 AM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Xaanthios

With a swift mental push, Xaanthios directs Avalon to dash up the stairs and attack the right-most of the creatures. At the same time, he focuses for a moment and conjures a curving wall of frigid cold that covers each of the existing enemies, battering them with freezing energy.

Show
    AC moves to P51, attacks SFE1 (which is the Earth Elemental?)
    (1d20+10)[14] to hit for (2d6+7)[16] Damage
    (1d20+10)[24] to hit for (2d6+7)[11] Damage

Create Energy Wall (Cold) in a circle centered on the junction of O/P 49/50, energy facing outward.
    Damage Rolls:
    In wall: (2d6+7)[12] Cold Damage, Fort DC 19 (should be all, if not mostly all?)
    Within 10': (2d6)[3] Cold Damage
    Last edited by PeacefulOak; 2019-03-13 at 04:58 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115

Cendrik wanted to focus on the wizard but the magical wall and its emanation just got in his way. He addresses the wizard firmly. "It's Sierra right? Our contract doesn't require us killing you. Yield and you get to live and work for the new boss. Decide fast, there's still more coming up the stairs." He locked his eyes on her while he focused on his training, internally summoning back the fire he had already unleashed twice.

Show
    Adaptive Style to regain maneuvers. I don't think this grants AoO. Even if it does, Rex is guarding me even after the slap. never said it was to the face....
    Still in Flame's Blessing Stance (Resist Fire 10).
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Rex snarls as he takes two deep wounds, this snake man thing was going to pay, and he set into motion weaving his blade and shield to deliver righteous fury!

Spoiler
    Show

Swift action aura into power (+2 melee damage)
    Full attack vs S (with furious counterstrike)
    Attack 1 - (1d20+11)[31]
    Damage - (1d10+7)[13] & Electricity - (1d6)[5]

Crit confirm - (1d20+11)[17]
    Extra Damage - (1d10+5)[13]

Attack 2 - (1d20+6)[23]
    Damage - (1d10+7)[10] & Electricity - (1d6)[1]

Rex
    Steely resolve: 5/5
    HP's: 79/136
    AC: 29
    Effects: Iron Guards Glare stance (-4 on attacks vs allies to opponents that I threaten), LAW devotion (5/10)
    Maneuvers available: Foehammer, Douse the Flames, Shield Block

(1d3)[2]

1. Vanguard Strike
    2. Shield Block
    3. Battle Leaders Charge

Last edited by BelGareth; 2019-03-19 at 10:50 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Round 8, Part 1

Rex attacks the salamander, hitting it with a powerful blow and a follow-up (crit not confirmed; hit for 18 & 11).

Cendrik prepares himself for battle, while attempting to talk Sierra down.
    Melinda tries to cast a spell defensively, but slips up; the magical energies sputter and are dispersed.

The astral construct moves up and attacks the small fire elemental, which sputters but stays intact (first hit misses; second hit does 13 damage thanks to Rex aura).
    Spoiler
    Show

Astral construct takes (1d4)[2] damage and must make a Reflex save, DC11, to avoid catching on fire. (make this on your turn).

Xaanthios summons forth a wall of cold energy that saps the heat from almost every enemy in the room. The fire elemental sputters and vanishes.

Spoiler
    Show

14 damage (you forgot the +1 per die), Fort DC 19 half for all but Sierra
    Sfe (1d20)[11] +50% damage from cold destroyed
    Sae 1 (1d20)[12] not in cold wall, not damaged.
    Sae 2 (1d20)[15] fail, 14 damage
    S Fort (1d20+10)[13] fail, 21 damage

Sierra 5 cold damage, Fort DC 19 half (you forgot the +1 per die)
    Sierra Fort (1d20+9)[21]

Spoiler: Status
    Show

Sierra 3 damage, Orange warding, other buffs
    S 74 damage, haste
    Sae1 haste
    Sae2 14 damage, haste

AC 11 damage, Ref DC11 or on fire for 1d4 per round
    Rex 62 damage, Iron Guard’s Glare, Law Devotion (+3 AC)
    Melinda none
    Last edited by J-H; 2019-03-19 at 01:30 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Round 8, Part 2

Sierra spits out a retort as she stalks across the room. “I saw what you did to Brand. We all did. You’ll pay for that with your lives, then we’ll sell your gear to pay for raising him from the dead, bandit.”

She raises her hands, and a beam of rainbow light coruscates across the room. Heat, cold, the burn of acid, the tingle of electricity, and even a tooth-rattling vibration plays across the party.
    Spoiler
    Show

Line spells affect both squares on the side of the intersection when traveling down a grid line (I can’t find the prior discussion we had on this, but I know we did). This one is a maximized Rainbow Blast.
    10 points each of fire, cold, acid, electrical, and sonic damage. Reflex DC18 half. Note:

AC Reflex (1d20+3)[14] fail, 50 damage
    Cendrik (1d20+10)[29] success, 25 damage; has fire resistance so 20
    RexThaun (1d20+3)[4] fail, 50 damage
    Xaanthios (1d20+2)[17] fail, 50 damage; halved with Share Pain
    Melinda (1d20+2)[20] success, 25 damage

Taking advantage of their weakness, the salamander strikes at RexThaun again, landing a single blow on the bleeding dragonborn. The air elementals transform into small whirlwinds, spinning about and throwing up clouds of dust as they move amongst the party, making it hard to see and concentrate.

Spoiler
    Show

Spear (1d20+14)[34] for (1d8+6)[10] damage plus (1d6)[3] fire hit for 13 damage
    (haste) Spear (1d20+14)[22] for (1d8+6)[14] damage plus (1d6)[5] fire miss
    Spear (1d20+9)[15] for (1d8+6)[7] damage plus (1d6)[3] fire miss
    Tail slap (1d20+12)[13] for (2d6+2)[8] and (1d6)[3] fire miss

Air elementals:
    The elemental’s movement while in whirlwind form does not provoke attacks of opportunity, even if the elemental enters the space another creature occupies. Another creature might be caught in the whirlwind if it touches or enters the whirlwind, or if the elemental moves into or through the creature’s space.
    These are too small to do damage, but….
    Creatures caught in the whirlwind can otherwise act normally, but must succeed on a Concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) to cast a spell. Creatures caught in the whirlwind take a -4 penalty to Dexterity and a -2 penalty on attack rolls.

If the whirlwind’s base touches the ground, it creates a swirling cloud of debris. This cloud is centered on the elemental and has a diameter equal to half the whirlwind’s height. The cloud obscures all vision, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. Creatures 5 feet away have concealment, while those farther away have total concealment.
    Those caught in the cloud must succeed on a Concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) to cast a spell.

Show

Sierra 3 damage, Orange warding, other buffs
    S 74 damage, haste
    Sae1 haste
    Sae2 14 damage, haste

AC 61 damage, Ref DC11 or on fire for 1d4 per round
    Cendrik 20 damage
    Rex 125 damage, Iron Guard’s Glare, Law Devotion (+3 AC)
    Melinda 25 damage
    Xaanthios +15 temp HP; Share Pain
    Psicrystal +15 temp HP

=> Party
    Last edited by J-H; 2019-03-19 at 06:42 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119

Cendrik notices the beating the dragonborn has taken. "Rex, fall back, heal, then come back. No good to us dead."

The swordsage teleports past the cold wall then unleashes his fire snake. It darts its way across the room hitting the living snake, the trap in the back wall, and Sierra. He then moves forward and takes advantage of the magical protection spot that Albin had told them about. "Bandits? Far from it. Our big boss is nearing divinity. You can die here like Brand or join the new boss upstairs. I really don't want to kill you but we'll have to if you keep resisting. My claws that killed Brand or all the spells from those behind me. Which will it be?"

Show
    I have Fire Resist 10 from my stance. Assuming that gets applied to damage after the save I believe I would be at 20 damage before injuring myself this round

The statement about not wanting to kill her is legit if using Sense Motive.

Swift: Anklets of Translocation to S51. If moving through this area is enough to get damage then Fort DC19 save: (1d20+4)[12] Damage: (2d6+2)[8]
    Std: Fire Snake. Starts from my lower left corner and heads south to hit the Snake and the trap, then turns west through Sierra. Then turns north to finish at the lower left corner of O55.
    Damage: (6d6)[14] Fire, Reflex 16 for half
    Move: to R55 via T52 through T55

EDIT: well, all that was pathetic
    Last edited by Cavir; 2019-03-19 at 05:24 PM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120

"Bleck," opines Melinda. No longer directly threatened by the irritating elemental minions, she repeats her spell more successfully.

Spoiler
    Show
    From my reading of the map, the Gust of Wind will hit one of the elementals; she'd obviously rather hit both, but that doesn't look possible. Once again it's aimed directly at Sierra. She'd rather his sae1 if she can aim it such that she can choose which it hits and still hit Sierra.

A Tiny or smaller creature on the ground is knocked down and rolled 1d4×10 feet, taking 1d4 points of nonlethal damage per 10 feet. If flying, a Tiny or smaller creature is blown back 2d6×10 feet and takes 2d6 points of nonlethal damage due to battering and buffeting.

Small creatures are knocked prone by the force of the wind, or if flying are blown back 1d6×10 feet.

Medium creatures are unable to move forward [toward Melinda] against the force of the wind, or if flying are blown back 1d6×5 feet.

Large or larger creatures may move normally within a gust of wind effect.

A gust of wind can’t move a creature beyond the limit of its range.

Any creature, regardless of size, takes a -4 penalty on ranged attacks and Listen checks in the area of a gust of wind.

The force of the gust automatically extinguishes candles, torches, and similar unprotected flames. It causes protected flames, such as those of lanterns, to dance wildly and has a 50% chance to extinguish those lights.

In addition to the effects noted, a gust of wind can do anything that a sudden blast of wind would be expected to do. It can create a stinging spray of sand or dust, fan a large fire, overturn delicate awnings or hangings, heel over a small boat, and blow gases or vapors to the edge of its range.