New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Cult of Arorch IC

You watch the sun wane in the sky, waiting for the moment that the last rays descend below the city walls and cast the spade into shadow. When the proper time comes, you begin to move. Under cloak and with a cautious pace you take an indirect route through streets and alleys to that forsaken church. With every step towards the meeting place another pinprick in the back of your mind reminds you of what awaits in the recesses of that exposed crypt.

You cast one final glance over your shoulder to ensure you have not been followed before entering and descending through the broken and crumbling floors. There are other footsteps here, but the familiar presence that you now feel strongly in the back of your consciousness reassures you that they are not trespassers. Emerging through separate alcoves the five of you come face to face as a complete group for the first time. A single magical light swirls around the one human in your number, and the shadows it casts dance just in the corners of your vision. In the center of the room, placed upon a makeshift pedestal, is the eye of Arorch. The eye is a dull grey stone, but strangely today it seems... open. A black iris stares into your soul.

Before any of you speak, you find your mind awash in an overwhelming tide of emotion. Visions and sensations coalesce in your mind. On their own they are incomprehensible, but a part of your psyche pieces them together into the whispers of a dead titan: “Much has changed since I was vanquished; my old foes are gone, and in their place are usurpers with no claim to these lands. In their self-righteous fury they cast out all the spirits, light and dark, and upon the corpses of titans these humans built their cities and churches. But look, their star is fading now and they are vulnerable. Hark and count: in five days the auspicious moon shall cast an utter darkness upon the city of Virtzalm. In this cloak of shadow the sanctity of their precious church of light shall be trapped within its walls, and I may feast upon the lifeblood and fear...” the whispers trail off, leaving only the vague emotion of anticipation and excitement of what is about to unfold.

The dull stone idol before you goes silent, the eye is once again closed.
    Last edited by Darvin; 2017-07-11 at 03:43 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cult of Arorch IC

Faust walked slowly in the ruins of the crypt. Small light danced about him as his steps fell quietly. Mech and Beezle sat invisible upon his shoulders. Their eyes peeled to scan the surroundings for any signs of of others. More than anything the two betrayed his thoughts with telepathic scoldings for his cautiousness.

Light steps fell silent and still as he stood before the eye. It's words drowning out his two bothersome companions. A slight bow was given as the eye fell silent again. With a stiff rise, Faust took note of his companions in the chamber. Some faces more familiar than others, but all were welcome.

Good evening my friends. I am glad to see we all made it safely. Though, I must admit to be a bit disheartened that we are all who have heard the call of Arorch. We have much work to do, and precious little time to do it in, so I hope you appreciate my dismay at the shortage of hands to share the work.

A soft chuckle escapes his thin twisted lips for a moment before his deep red eyes set upon those assembled.

Now, where have my manners gotten to. While I am certain we are no strangers to one another, we are certainly not well known to all gathered here. You may address me as Faust, the humble and unlucky proprietor of The Pact.

As he finishes speaking a small red devil appears clearly on his right shoulder, and what can best be described as a demonic deep purple angler fish known as a Cacodaemon appears on his left shoulder. Despite the lack of moving lips all gathered here the two speak in their mind.

I am Meph, a consultant for the Lord's of Hell, and owner this meat bag's sorry soul. Don't let him tell you otherwise, this guy is my B*itch!

This causes a roll of Faust's eyes as he restrains the urge to strangle the creature.

I am Beezle, Envoy of Death and harvester of Faust's soul. I hunger for the souls of all, and will not be sated easily! Now feed me puny...Owwie!

Faust loses his composure for a moment as he smacks the Cacodaemon off his shoulder and onto the floor. A cold edge to his voice.

Enough you overgrown goldfish. Now, I am terribly sorry for that. Please let us continue with the introductions.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

A form walks into the room. It wears a red hooded robe with yellow lines coursing through it. The creature carries a black scythe that radiates with a hatred of humankind. The hands that carry this scythe, however, are not hands at all. Hundreds of tiny worms make up the entirety of this creatures body. The creature looks up, and to glowing pinpricks where the eyes should be shines out of his hood. A hollow voice speaks from the core of this creature, obviously fueled by some magic, and says: My name is Jendeli. Those two must be a bothersome bunch, I take it?
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Ricardo wasn't as quiet or stealthy as he could've been through the streets and alleyways, but he also didn't exactly make his presence known to any random bystanders. Every time he had taken a new route, ducking into the odd passage or walking through an abandoned warehouse as if he personally owned every building he walked by. It was only when he got within a few blocks that he finally took matters more seriously and ducked into an abandoned building. From the other side a human emerged, nondescript and looking as if he was simply a beggar wandering the streets. Silently he started counting down the two hours he had in his new form as he entered the temple.

Eventually he emerged from the alcove and paused in a combination of fear, awe, and excitement. It took a few seconds for the feeling to wash over him as he shook his head and looked around at familiar faces behind an unfamiliar mask. He bowed slightly and finally opened his mouth, betraying the illusion as the cheery voice of a gnome and something familiar to the fellow cultists spoke. "Greetings, friends. You're all a sight for sore eyes."
    He righted himself and took a step closer toward the Eye, eyes focused on it, as he dreamily said "I am Ricardo Markov, gnome when I sleep and what suits me during the day. There is no fancy name for the slums I...operate, just eighty squatters, a graveyard that doesn't keep the dead buried forever, and the cast off remains of that plague we suffered." He snapped to attention and looked about, adding "We don't have to worry about the shortage of hands. We all have people we pay, people that use us as we use them. Right?"

Spoiler: Veil
    Show
    Spending a point from the pool to use Disguise Self as a human for the next two hours:

If it's wanted here's a disguise check: (1d20+22)[34]
    Of course I forget the +10 from Disguise Self itself.

And I guess I'll grab Silent Image and Invisibility as my pair of extra illusion spells.
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2017-07-08 at 10:18 AM.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

One of the gathered had, until this point, been standing a little further back than the others, some strangeness rendering it little more than a mobile patch of shadow, shifting and moving very gently in the crypt. After three introductions however, it seems to make a decision, and steps forward. The woman revealed is the picture of elegance, danger and finery. Sharp calfskin boots, knee-high and a deep matte black, click slightly on the stone floor, dark imperial purple trousers neatly tucked into the boots on athletic legs. The fetchling woman wears a silk shirt of midnight blue, tiny garnet buttons glinting in the low light. Atop this, a jerkin the same shade as the trousers, contrasting sharply with the blood-red cape slung over the right shoulder, obscuring what is presumably her sword-arm and side, given the buckler strapped to her left arm.

The woman looks over the gathered group, a slight tinge of... dissatisfaction in her features, hardening into a flicker of disgust as she sees Ricardo. The expression is swiftly replaced with a bright smile a moment later though, and she bows, flinging her cape out dramatically as she does so, incidentally revealing the exquisitely made rapier at her side, a bright ruby set into the pommel.

"You have the pleasure of meeting Lady Royana El'Zalaam. I in turn am glad to finally meet my fellow seekers face to face." she says, voice melodious and smooth. She smirks slightly at the antics of the two fiends, and tilts her head. "Should a servant of Hell really be using such language, Mister Meph? Such uncouth behavior, surely you know better." she remarks, slipping for a sentence into Infernal.

Royana gives a small laugh and returns her eyes to the group at large. "Our gutter-dreg friend is correct, gentlemen. I certainly have influence among the betters of the city, and owning The Chalice affords much opportunity for more subtle control. In any case, it is usually better to keep the leaders of an endeavor few in number, lest factions rend it apart."
    Last edited by Genth; 2017-07-08 at 06:08 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Faust rolls his eyes openly as his head lobs towards the pile of worms that speak. His voice dripping with apathetic sarcasm, "You have no idea...

A small smirk forms on his face as listens to Ricardo. As he readies to reply, the vision of the noblewoman stops him. Her disappointment and disgust turns his small smirk into a soft laugh. Apparently he isn't the only one less than thrilled with the standing of his fellows.

Seems our Slum Lord and Lady of much too long a name have valid points indeed. The Pact offers me a fair bit of ability to manipulate others. A few lost wagers might spread rumors into the right ears.

Beelze flies back up into Faust's face all gnashing teeth and incomprehensible half curses, but is met solely with with being grabbed roughly and forced into a pocket.

Meph cackles for a moment before he is grasped in an equally violent manner. A squeak of a screeching voice rings out in Infernal. Ack! Ugh! I-I-I am sorry m'lady! Forgive my insolence! I-i-its all his fault! UGH!Bad influence!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Ricardo laughs heartily as he catches the look of disgust and says merrily "Don't worry, looks can be changed with but a thought." With that the illusion shimmers until he mirrors the nobility of their Lady, standing tall and proud as if he wasn't living a lie. He held a finger up to his head and tapped it, sending telepathically the voice that should emerge from such a trick. "For I can do tricks of the mind as well. Senses are..." A flourish and the nobleman was replaced with a halfling that, under the proper circumstances, could be mistaken for a child that then continued to send telepathically "nothing more than a comforting lie and I..." Another flourish, another change. This time the human guard, like any number that were passed on the way to the temple, sent "am a liar." The gnome's voice sounded out again as he said "gifts of the eye and a misguided attempt to cure that plague we had. So where should we start? If we just want to slaughter a bunch of dregs then we can clear out one of my buildings. There's a few dozen freeloaders all the time."

Spoiler: Free Action Shifting!?!
    Show
    Noble form:

Halfling Guttersnipe:

Human Guard:

If wanted then here's a bluff roll: (1d20+23)[39]
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2017-07-08 at 10:37 PM.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Jendeli watches the shifter with interest and longing.

Shame. I can only do such an illusion a few times a day. I applaud your mastery, sir mage. It is truly a sight to behold. Many sights, apparently.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The lady chuckles gently at the imp's antics, one curled hand coming up to hover just before her mouth in a practiced gesture.

"Your apology is accepted, Imp." she replies in infernal before her interest is captured by Ricardo. She laughs out loud, almost giggling when she watches his impressive act of glamoury. "How entertaining! she cries out, giving her head a little shake. "You certainly have a talent for flair, my low-class friend. Don't mistake pantomime for nobility though, you have neither the upbringing nor the blood to truly be more than you are. Not that nobility matters overmuch when there is a knife in your back." she adds with a smirk. "Stay true to yourself, gutter rat. As for our plans, I have a few.. choice morsels in mind to offer our Lord. Dregs will whet its appetite, to be sure, but we should not leave it at that. No, we need a symbol of the city's failings, something shocking but not immediately damning for us..." she ponders this, one hand stroking her chin delicately.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

In his previous life, Jendeli did not like the snott nosed nobility. This did not change in his new life. It's hard to read, but he is openly against Royana's treatment of the gnome.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Ricardo chuckled and gave a polite nod, saying "All can be faked, all can be learned, my Lady. Such lies can last the entire day," and in a whisper "or at least sixteen hours," before he returned to his former cheery voice "if needed and can be changed no matter the circumstance. But yes, there should be some...better sacrifice to join the rabble. Two days to gather the special someone. Someone who won't bring the church down on us after our night of fun. Then two days to get that person and get them to a good place, probably some place that isn't connected to any of this, and then we can have the last day to properly prepare the death. Any issues?"
    New job, who dis?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Faust perks at the mention of the mention of the city's failing. His eyes flash for a moment as he looks about the room. I do believe that is my area of specialty. It will cost us a tidy sum, but I do have a plan for just such an occasion.

His hands move as words of arcane power flow from his mouth. Soon an illusion of the city appears between all those gathered. The image is shown as if looking down on the city from the sky.

This city exists in peace because order is maintained rigorously by members of the guard and the Church of Light. There is no greater show of force we can muster than to bring this image of order to a halt. Our target must be appropriate in significance and importance.

His hands move and the image shifts swiftly to exclude everything but the spade. The size of the district now commanding the entire illusion. The details improving enough that people on the streets are visible like moving insects across the ground.

Now most would discount the spade as a target worth any merit. It lacks influence or wealth, and no important structures of the city are within its borders, but it has a value higher than any other district. That would be its concentration of life. Yes, packed into hovels of filth are the largest population of any district. Think of it like an ant colony. No one ant is strong, but together in a swirling mass of teeth and limb they can accomplish great things.

Another wave of his hand and various buildings began to burst into life. Little candle flames spread throughout the images as one building after another began to ignite. The small specks of citizens began to run about the streets become thick undulating lines if flesh in the streets.

We will pay some associates of associates of mine to strategically set fires in the spade. A controlled burn of the district. Our goal is only to panic the people and stir up the ant hill. This will bring our true targets into play, the member of the town guard and those offering relief from the church of Light.

A look of focus spreads over Faust's face as the view from the image rapidly plummets to street level. Smoke fills the air and flames dance across the image of people running blindly in a panic. Utter pandemonium and unbridled chaos displayed for all to see.

Our paid associates and some of us present will move through this frenzy of flesh disguised as normal citizens of the spade. Our objective is to capture as many members of the town guard and the Church as possible. I can not stress enough that we must take them alive.

His eyes make contact with every set present as that last sentence clears his lips. An impassioned light seeming to play across them, as a twisted grin creeps across his otherwise composed face.

These good men and women will be our sacrifice to Arorch. Their failure to protect the spade our declaration of war on this city.

Faust begins to walk through his illusionary street. Carefully avoiding the debris and masses conjured forth. His posture like a man pleasantly enjoying a stroll through a garden despite the desolation shown around him.

Of course my dear friends this is but the first step in my plans for us wrenching this city from the hands of the moral majority and plunging it into the rule of our kind. Any questions, comments, concerns, or other ideas?

As he ends his speech, the image begins to change again. The view taking back to the sky. Walls of buildings forming a labyrinth whose complexity increases with each passing moment until it stops with the entire city in view. Just as it had begun. The only difference now, the symbol of Arorch charred in black through the heart of the spade.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Royana grins a predatory grin at Faust's speech.

"Delicious, my darling Faust. Brilliant and delicious. I have an addendum! I shall talk to the more politically astute members of my friends, and see if we can't steal the mantle of 'friend to the people' from beneath the church's feet. And, although this likely will need to be done after the Unholy Night, I shall put on a play, something to help.. heal the poor victims in the spade. A half-price night, a charity for them." she gives a small bow, stepping back slightly and becoming hazy once more.

"And afterwards, I shall throw us a small party. After all, after devotion must come pleasure..."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Jendeli lightens at the ant comment in Faust's speech. His new body was proof of that sentiment.

A fine plan. I support it.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

"I have my doubts." A dark-skinned man steps forward, dressed in workman's pants and a vest. He's covered, from head to toe, in winding geometric tattoos.

"You say we wish to disturb the order of things, to blunt the rhythm of daily life in the city. A fire does neither of these things. The good people of the city, they will say 'Oh, what a horrible accident! They brought it down on themselves, you know, living like that. The Spade is such a dangerous place.' Meanwhile, the people who's attention we most wish to avoid will be taking notice."

He grinned an ugly grin.

"So, I propose we burn the symbol of their Church into their city instead."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Faust turns swiftly to look at the new comer to their little meeting. His hands moving to change the image of the city to show the Church of Light's symbol.

A bit more complex a pattern. So the level of coordination will need to be higher, but I do like it. Fits better too if we can get some competent associates. Let the clergy be seen in the chaos and blaze, only to disappear in the midst of it with no help in sight. A classic frame job, if a bit rushed and crude.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

From somewhere in the shadows, Royana's voice speaks again.

"It will be a fine mess if nobody notices the pattern, but even so, I love the irony. Such an act would help in our efforts to eventually steal this city from the Light, and turn it to Shadow, Pain, and Arorch."

She emerges from the shadows a little behind Aygan, her head tilted a little. "Are you not the man who runs the Lord's Blood? A fine establishment, though naturally my visits are by necessity brief and in disguise. We should arrange a private bout some time, I do always love the opportunity for a bit of bloodshed for entertainment..." she remarks, quietly.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Ricardo gave a clap of appreciation at the map being produced before he approaches it after a moment of recalling what he's read in between bouts of prophetic seizures. He motioned at one part, to the north, and said in his merry voice "Here is the House of Archon Choir, also home to a detachment of the Order of Radiant Knights. It seems like it's going to be more of a pain to deal with, what with paladins mucking about and their leader being competent. It'd be good to include it in the burning but I think our target should be..."
    He ambled over to the eastern point and made a vague wave to the section of the other church and said "The House of the Merciful Light. The Arlisons have purchased much of the land around the church itself which raises some concern about how much young Wesley cares about the area or raising up in the ranks. What's better is that he should be visiting with his family in three days, staying late to drink with friends, and coming back inebriated well past dark. Whatever friends he has with him shouldn't be a problem for us to divert as we kidnap him before he gets to his home...here..." He motions to the residence of Wesley Arlison while contemplating the map of his home district, seeing how they could burn the symbol into the city while including one, or both, of the areas.
    New job, who dis?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Good thoughts, as most thoughts are. Bringing them to reality however can be harder than conceiving them. There are usually blocks in the road that one cannot see until it is too late. We have a plan, good, we should follow it. I propose we start thinking of obstacles and how to avoid them. cautions Jendeli.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Aygan smiled slightly at the challenge. "Perhaps we should. And they will notice - we can point it out to them! Not just whispers in taverns either. What if Father Arlison should disappear that night, only to reappear some weeks later preaching it as a sign that the Light wishes the Spade purged?"

He lets the question sit in the air for a moment, looking meaningfully at the shapeshifter, before addressing the frankly disturbing worm-thing's very valid point.

"If we can acquire a few guard or priestly uniforms, carrying the 'wounded' from the area should not be a problem save for avoiding the Paladins. They, I think, will be our largest problem."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Faust smiles slightly. I doubt the Paladin's ability to root out Evil will hinder our helpers much. Most don't show the taint of corruption on their Soul until their Soul has become powerful enough. It will be a hassle for those of you incapable of using magic to shroud yourself from Divinations.

He turns to Beelze and smiles softly, with a look of concentration of his face. I could let you feed, on those already on deaths door for the ensuing days to lessen the cost to me. I could also buy two bison and be done with it. Perhaps both are in order. One condition, no snacking on our sacrifices.

Breeze's grotesque face swarms into a perverse look of intense pleasure. It has been too long since I have fed. Do not think to bribe me with such simple antics.
    Remember one day you too shall be my...I agree! I agreeee!
    Breeze's plea came from under Faust's boot heel grinding on a protruding stalk from its face.

His eyes shifted to Meph, "Make certain my workstations are in order, and pass the message along to the grounds keepers and kitchens to procure me three live bison in the morning. Their meat will run a special in the kitchens once I am done with them. Take this and begone." Faust proffers a coin purse Meph to take. Wisely, the imp does as he is told without a word of lip.

Turning to the illustriously decorated companion he smiles, I "I will be manufacturing 4 scrolls of a spell to hide your tainted souls and magical possessions from prying eyes. It's effects will last for five hours and not a moment more. It isn't immunity to the prying eyes of the church, but it is as good a defense as can be acquired on such short notice.

If you are worried of running across them unprepared, I can lend out Meph to one of you. He, being a denizen of Hell, is capable of detecting the just and righteous.
    "

Taking a slow breath to calm his mind, " I am certain one among us knows a seamstress skilled enough to fashion a set of the lowest order's robes. Or that there is one among us who could change our appearances long enough for the important work.

My concerns lie in the sophistication of our plan, and making certain we have trustworthy minions that are competent and capable. Also, in the details of our priest's travel log. What route will he take, how many guards, what are his means of travel, departure and return times. Without these we will be chasing the man like a ghost.
    "
    Last edited by Azoth; 2017-07-12 at 10:13 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Royana gives an expansive shrug. "I intend not to be seen..." she pauses for a moment, thinking evidently. "My skills are better set for the aftermath, how we 'rescue' the spades from this horrific attack. However... Were I and those whom I have convinced to our cause come across the young Wesley on his way home, the young man travelling in the company of more nobles would cause far less attention."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

"Lady, do you not have seamstresses and tailors under your employ in the theatre? Would some priestly costumes go amiss?"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

With a plan decided upon and work to do, the five disperse. Silence and darkness permeates as their footsteps disappear into the distance, leaving only a solemn stone eye now impatient for the passing of days until the appointed time comes.

Work is set into motion immediately. Contacts are called in, money begins to change hands, and a map of the spade marking out the necessary arson locations quietly passes from one hand to another. But a more immediate matter calls you together before your work concludes. Wesley Arlison, the cleric of the noble Arlison family, departs to the King's District for a meeting with his relatives. The five of you gather, awaiting news of his return after fall of dark.

Clouds blot out the moon and stars, providing a useful cover of darkness. The twin familiars of Faust scout ahead for the arrival of the cleric, while the five of you wait at Lillywood Crossing. It is the one intersection you are certain that father Arlison must cross one way or another. Two town guards chat loudly on the opposite side of the street, with only a single dim lantern between them, apparently not even noticing the five hooded strangers so close by - the frailty of human vision in the dark on full display. They do not seem to be leaving.

A telepathic alert comes sharply - Arlison is coming by carriage. There is a driver and four other individuals inside the carriage. The horse-drawn carriage makes brisk pace through the dark city streets. It will be upon you in a little over a minute.
    Last edited by Darvin; 2017-07-16 at 12:35 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

When the five receive their alert Faust signals for them to move behind a nearby building. He will then begin to use the scrolls of Nondetection on his fellow party members. Using Meph as the hub, he explains this is to hide them from detection should the good father have companions that can sense Evil. It will not clous them from normal sight, but mask their intentions.

The notion of five possible enemies and a priest are not terrible odds, but being a man of magic himself, Faust doesn't feel at ease with their current situation. Less than a minute isn't enough time to dispatch the guards without risk of being noticed by the carriage.

Again using Meph as a relay Faust sighs, "When the carriage reaches the guards, I will open a pit in the street to swallow it. That should buy us time to deal with our foes in order of their lethality. The quickest or strongest will be the first free, and the most dangerous.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Ricardo blinked a couple times before he nodded once and telepathically sent "I can knock out the horses or guards with a burst of light. Or suggest the guards get a drink. Or fascinate them. Or fill the area with mist. Or shape the stone some more. Or...no...no, that should be enough choices. I'll approach as a beggar though." The entire message carried the anticipation of a plan coming together. With a wave of his hand his form shifted to the familiar appearance of the poor and downtrodden within the Spade district, crouched in their side alley as he was. He seemed ready to cast a spell as the group desires, the back of his neck starting to tingle as dread tried to creep into his mind and ruin his energetic mood.
    New job, who dis?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Lady is tonight dressed in pure black, trousers, shirt and cloak all seeming to fade into the night smoothly. In addition, she says nothing as the carriage approaches, simply waiting in the night, eyes fixed on the prize. She hopes to catch a glimpse of one of her.. 'friends' from the Society, an indication that the spoiled fools were useful for something.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Leaning against the wall in the exact same outfit he was wearing before, Aygan speaks in a low rumble. "Laming a horse would do; no need to destroy the carriage. Once he arrives, I can easily knock out the priest - the rest can be killed or captured as needed, as long as no warning is sent."
    Last edited by pfm1995; 2017-07-16 at 11:43 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

The foul swarm of worms that calls itself Jendeli summons a great lash made of green slime. It wraps around his arms and neck. He then raises his hands and mutters a few words as purple energy envelopes him.

I shall be in wait until it is the time to strike. Unless anyone has other plans for me.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Manifested my lash as a two handed weapon, and cast false life giving me (1d10+6)[12] temporary hp. These'll last till they're either beat out of me or six hours pass. The lash will stay manifested until dismissed.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

In the murky distance, beyond the reach of your darkvision, a lantern rounds a corner. It bobs up and down with the movement of the horse carriage that it leads. You can make out only the vaguest details of its frame and driver, but it moves towards you. The two guards standing watch over the street turn to look at the approaching carriage, their attention diverted. The carriage slows down only slightly as it approaches the crossing.

Roll initiative and declare your actions. You will have a surprise round.