Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Heritage Feats (PEACH)
- Join Date
- Oct 2017
Heritage Feats (PEACH)
The Feats on the Homebrewery.
DeepspawnBased on the Aberrant 3.5e feats: Deepspawn and Durable Form, Starspawn and the tail option of Aberration Blood, and Waterspawn and Inhuman Vision.
One of your ancestors was an aberration or monstrosity from dark depths and this bloodline has revealed itself in you. Your ancestry grants the following benefits.
- Increase your Constitution score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- You grow two tentacles from your waist, each of which counts a natural weapon with the light property and deals 1d4 bludgeoning damage on a hit.
- Being frightened or restrained does not inflict disadvantage on attacks using your tentacles.
One of your ancestors was a flying aberration or monstrosity and this bloodline has revealed itself in you. Your ancestry grants the following benefits.
- Small wings sprout from your back. You gain a 15 foot flight speed, which you can use when you aren't wearing armor and and aren't exceeding your carrying capacity.
- You grow an areodynamic tail, which grants you advantage on saving throws and contested checks against being knocked prone.
One of your ancestors was an aquatic Aberration or Monstrosity and this bloodline has revealed itself in you. Your ancestry grants the following benefits.
- You gain a swim speed equal to your land speed. If you already possess a swim speed, it increases by 10 feet.
- You gain Darkvision out to a range of 60 feet. If you already possess darkvision, your darkvision extends by 60 feet.
- You gain the ability to to breathe underwater.
I'm hoping that the no armor requirement for flying stops it from being overpowered. And of course a feat allowing any character to function in an underwater campaign.
Abyssal HeritorBased on the Vestigial Wings and Poison Talons feats, along with a weaker version of the Fey Heritage feat tree.
One of your Ancestors was a demon and this bloodline has revealed itself in you. Your ancestry grants the following benefits.
- Once per long rest, you can imbue your unarmed attack with venom, dealing an additional 1d4 poison damage on a hit, and forcing the target to make a Constitution saving throw against a save DC equal to 8 + your Strength modifier + your proficiency bonus or be poisoned until the end of your next turn.
- Vestigial wing flaps sprout from your back. As long as you aren't restrained or incapacitated, you no longer take fall damage.
- Your standing jump height and length increase by 3 feet each.
One of your Ancestors belonged to the fair folk and this bloodline has revealed itself in you.
- You learn the Charm Person spell and one druid cantrip of your choice. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.
- Once per short rest, you can enchant a thrown weapon or piece of ammunition to put a target to sleep as part of an attack action. The next time you hit a creature with this thrown weapon or ammunition before the end of your turn, they must make a DC 10 Wisdom check or fall unconscious, as if affected by the sleep spell.
Flayer BloodProbably really badly written. I'm not sure what would work for the yuan-ti feat that isn't part of the race. Given the healing maxes out at 1d4, the vampiric one should be better.
One of your Ancestors was a mind flayer and this bloodline has revealed itself in you. Your ancestry grants the following benefits.
- You have resistance to psychic damage.
- As an action, you can emit a psychic wave in a 15 foot cone. Creatures inside the cone must make an Intelligence save with a DC of 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Intelligence modifier, or be stunned for one turn. This ability refreshes once per long rest.
One of your ancestors was a yuan-ti, or exposed to their magic for an extended period of time. This effect has surfaced in you, and grants the following benefits.
- You gain resistance to poison, and advantage on saving throws against being poisoned.
- You learn the Poison Spray cantrip. Charisma is your spellcasting stat for this cantrip.
- Through sounds and gestures, you can communicate simple ideas with Snakes.
Undead may not be able to breed, but your heritage has still been tainted by vampiric influence, and this influence has revealed itself in you.
- Increase your Charisma score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- You grow fangs, which deal 1d4 necrotic damage on a hit, in addition to slashing damage equal to your strength modifier. Once per turn, when you make this attack you regain hit points equal to the necrotic damage done.
- Through sounds and gestures, you can communicate simple ideas with Bats, Rats, and Wolves.