New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls XV: This is my Thu'um Stick

Yeah if you don't run SKSE through the SKSE launcher, SKSE doesn't work, so all of the SKSE mods break.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, the Script Extender Launcher loads an extra .dll that Script Extender uses to... extend the scripts, startlingly enough.

FNIS... I don't know about, but I'd assume that it has to rebuild a mod registry, so it's got to be run to recognize new mods.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

okay so, rejiggered everything and now everything works now that I know to not use the skyrim launcher to launch it ever, thanks. I'm basically adding a lot more customization, more options and variability to my experience so that I can do all sorts of neat things. also some silly fun things.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    FNIS... I don't know about, but I'd assume that it has to rebuild a mod registry, so it's got to be run to recognize new mods.
    That said, if the mod doesn't add a new animation, you don't need to run FNIS after installing it.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Spamalot in the Playground

After a couple hours of messing with mods I got a stable list going. Huzzah! So I'm playing SE now and I am enjoying the perk and magic overhauls. Wary of the Frostfall mod. Seems like you can easily freeze to death. Will have to figure out how to safely set myself on fire.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    After a couple hours of messing with mods I got a stable list going. Huzzah! So I'm playing SE now and I am enjoying the perk and magic overhauls. Wary of the Frostfall mod. Seems like you can easily freeze to death. Will have to figure out how to safely set myself on fire.
    Frostfall does have a "wuss" setting, where you don't freeze to death but are always rescued by a convenient passer by. You can use that for training wheels.

I took against Frostfall when I passed out on the very doorstep of a house, just because the courier wouldn't take "sod off" for an answer. Frostfall was interesting for a while, but then just tiresome.

I feel similarly about other "needs" mods.
    I think the timescale in Skyrim is just too compressed - if I iinsert needs, they end up taking over far too much of my playing time.
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

7. - Top - End - #517

Quote Originally Posted by veti View Post
    Frostfall does have a "wuss" setting, where you don't freeze to death but are always rescued by a convenient passer by. You can use that for training wheels.
    Aye, I have it set to wuss Rescue if I pass out from the cold. I'm sure I'll get through the learning curve with a few hours playing. So far a quick way to warm up is go to any of the forges to do business. The heat quickly resets the cold meters back to good standing. If the mod gets old hat after a bit, I can turn it off safely. Just wanted the experience to try.

I took against Frostfall when I passed out on the very doorstep of a house, just because the courier wouldn't take "sod off" for an answer.
    I had a courier interrupt the scene where you capture a dragon in Dragonsreach. I'm like "Yes I bloody well know I used my voice now get your head down before you loose it!"

I think the timescale in Skyrim is just too compressed - if I iinsert needs, they end up taking over far too much of my playing time.
    I'm using the Dynamic Timescale mod (SE edition), setting everything to run between a scale of 6 to 8. You can adjust how fast time flows in different areas of the game (Indoors, outdoors, combat, etc.) and it has an optional autosave feature. So far it works well to expand the length of my adventuring day.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

Set Frostfall to pause exposure during conversation.

9. - Top - End - #519

Set Frostfall to pause exposure during conversation.
    Yup! Got that option on.

I did find out why Frostfall seemed so unforgiving--my Papyrus Script Utility mod wasn't up to date! It was version 3.6 and I needed 3.7 for Frostfall to apply warmth bonuses from my worn gear. so as far as the mod thought, I was running around naked. Now that I have that updated, things work correctly and I can last a few hours in the snow wearing light leather armor and not freeze off my furry behind.

Now I just have to re-learn the arcing when firing bows long range (currently 1/10 at long range), but still got the mojo firing in melee (yeah, I'm that brand of crazy).

Edit--
    Okay, I think I got the groove again on using a bow. Now gotta figure out how not to get Contra one-shot'd by the first dragon.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-05-15 at 10:48 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Yup! Got that option on.

I did find out why Frostfall seemed so unforgiving--my Papyrus Script Utility mod wasn't up to date! It was version 3.6 and I needed 3.7 for Frostfall to apply warmth bonuses from my worn gear.
    Wait, what - you have to upgrade Papyrus manually? How do you even do that?
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

11. - Top - End - #521
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wait, what - you have to upgrade Papyrus manually? How do you even do that?
    It's not Papyrus, but PapyrusUtil. An old version is bundled with Frostfall et al, but it needs to be updated whenever Skyrim does.

12. - Top - End - #522

Yes, what Ogremindes said. Specifically this mod was out of date and needed the most recent version installed.

I figured out that my deadly dragons mod was making dragons too deadly. I eased back a bit on the power and survived my first dragon fight at the south watch tower. Yay. ^^; Wish I had recorded it, because it was a good fight, ending with the dragon and my khajiit shooting each other at the same time and triggering an amazing "arrow cam" flying through the fire breath into the dragon's mouth. Dang, that shot isn't gonna happen again.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

by the Nine Divines.

I just realized! they missed a golden opportunity to put someone in the soul cairn or Sovngarde:
    A ghostly guard that only says:
    "I once a living person like you, but then I took an arrow in the head."

14. - Top - End - #524
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

That would have required them to know that the "arrow in the knee" thing was going to become a meme, and I doubt they did.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

That became a meme within weeks of release, so they could have managed it for the Soul Cairn if they'd really wanted.

But I daresay they had other priorities in mind.

That's what mods are for. If you want it, make it!

16. - Top - End - #526

I've gotten the hang of the Frostfall mod and it's a pretty interesting experience. I have the exposure rate set a bit low so that it doesn't get tedious on me. I can make decent trips without freezing my tail off, but couldn't just waste time running in circles. A little planning is needed, which also helps determine which quests to do, as when I reach a place, I attempt to do all the quests in that area, before I run off across the map to the next locale. I'm doing my best to not use Fast Travel.

I should seriously buy a couple horses. >.>

I'm enjoying the new Ordinator perk system and the Apocalypse spells too. Bound pick axes definitely save on weight (I can craft backpacks that give you additional carry capacity. I think that's from the Camping mod). I tried to start off with the main quest, but after visiting the Graybeards I been getting side-tracked fighting bandits for fun & profit. XD

I seriously need to record these play sessions for the amusing accidents and mistakes I make. I'm sure they'd get some chuckles.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

That became a meme within weeks of release, so they could have managed it for the Soul Cairn if they'd really wanted.

But I daresay they had other priorities in mind.

That's what mods are for. If you want it, make it!
    Heh, I'd sooner rather try to converting oldrim mods to skyrim se, there are a few that I'd want to have, but even the for dummies process looks dauntingly tedious, though considering the computer wizardry I'm learning just by figuring how to handle mods, it might be a little educational. mostly I just want to convert the Sheogorath shout mod at the moment, so I can put it on my Wabbajack character, which is basically modded to have an infinite use wabbajack and a khajit race resembling katia managan for maximum crazy fun. the goal of such a game of course, being to complete the game while leveling as LITTLE as possible, because your using the wabbajack for everything. (though if I recall there are some level requirements for some quests, so thats not actually happening)

Edit: encountered new novel problem: two mods. one for increasing carry weight, the other to replace werewolf appearance with dragonman. when I place one at the end of the load order, the other doesn't work. how in the frell does carry weight have anything to do with a werewolves appearance? how would they conflict? it makes very little sense to me.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-05-22 at 06:30 PM.

18. - Top - End - #528

Just survived my third dragon fight and apparently the dragon put attacking chickens as a higher priority than attacking me. Good thing the Run For Your Lives mod worked or all the farmers would of been cooked like the chickens. So yeah, I got ignored due to fowl play. On the one hand, the distraction gave me time to heal up and load poison onto my arrows.

On the other hand, I feel slighted here.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

19. - Top - End - #529
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just survived my third dragon fight and apparently the dragon put attacking chickens as a higher priority than attacking me. Good thing the Run For Your Lives mod worked or all the farmers would of been cooked like the chickens. So yeah, I got ignored due to fowl play. On the one hand, the distraction gave me time to heal up and load poison onto my arrows.

On the other hand, I feel slighted here.
    Well, I mean, chickens and other avians are modern-day dinosaurs, and obviously a dinosaur is a much bigger threat to a dragon than some puny human so clearly the dragons had their priorities straight.

20. - Top - End - #530

Quote Originally Posted by Aeson View Post
    Well, I mean, chickens and other avians are modern-day dinosaurs, and obviously a dinosaur is a much bigger threat to a dragon than some puny human so clearly the dragons had their priorities straight.
    ...that makes too much sense. I cannot fault you.

So! Either my Vivid Weather mod is stuck on rain/snow days or I had forgotten that Skyrim mimics Florida summers because wow it rains every other day like clockwork (or snow if I'm far enough up north). And since I am using Frostfell, that means I was only able to snipe two of the 6-7 defenders at Northwatch Keep before my fighters started to freeze. So this one did what any sensible khajiit would do when faced with freezing their tail off--they sneak attacked the front gate guard and when the defenders came out to fight, khajiit used Whirlwind Sprint to get past them and force a bottle-necked pincer fight with my follower.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post

Edit: encountered new novel problem: two mods. one for increasing carry weight, the other to replace werewolf appearance with dragonman. when I place one at the end of the load order, the other doesn't work. how in the frell does carry weight have anything to do with a werewolves appearance? how would they conflict? it makes very little sense to me.
    Link the two mods?

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Link the two mods?
    Eh, too late to solve my problem. I got rid of the carry weight for another, and the carry weight mod I have now works fine with my werewolf appearance replacer. bit more carry than I wanted, but its mostly just so I don't have to do inventory management anyways.

but if your curious about it anyways here is the carry weight mod I was using:
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspec...tion/mods/2176

and here is the werewolf appearance replacer mod I am using:
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspec...tion/mods/3924

I was using the x10 carry weight and dragonman ones respectively. each one has multiple files for your preferences.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Either my Vivid Weather mod is stuck on rain/snow days or I had forgotten that Skyrim mimics Florida summers because wow it rains every other day like clockwork (or snow if I'm far enough up north).
    I have a similar perception of Vivid Weather. It's beautiful, but by Kyne it pours down so much. I've spent significant time in three countries that are all famous for their rain, but I swear not one of them gets a tenth as much as Whiterun.

Take London, for instance. I happen to know that, averaged over the year, it rains about 6% of the time in London. And that includes light drizzle. Whiterun, with Vivid Weather, gets torrential thunderstorms that last literally for days on end. And it gets them at least once a week.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

London is perhaps not the best place to quote - it's notably warmer than much of the rest of the UK and there's hardly hardly high land around to catch rain with.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a similar perception of Vivid Weather. It's beautiful, but by Kyne it pours down so much. I've spent significant time in three countries that are all famous for their rain, but I swear not one of them gets a tenth as much as Whiterun.

Take London, for instance. I happen to know that, averaged over the year, it rains about 6% of the time in London. And that includes light drizzle. Whiterun, with Vivid Weather, gets torrential thunderstorms that last literally for days on end. And it gets them at least once a week.
    Kynareth is a storm goddess among other things. Possibly it's a sign of her favor. Or she's really mad at you, hard to tell with that one.

Or maybe she's like half the player base and that's her way of shouting "You're supposed to be fighting the Thalmor not each other you stupid mortals!!!"

26. - Top - End - #536
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aeson View Post
    Fun fact: chickens used to report crimes in Skyrim. It was noticed about one month before release.
    Last edited by Vinyadan; 2019-05-24 at 07:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

Used to? I'm pretty sure they still do.

28. - Top - End - #538

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    Kynareth is a storm goddess among other things. Possibly it's a sign of her favor. Or she's really mad at you, hard to tell with that one.
    I assumed she was drinking too much with Sanguine or something.

Used to? I'm pretty sure they still do.
    I'll just have to put buckets on top of all the chickens! Or just wait for another dragon to attack the farm.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    Or maybe she's like half the player base and that's her way of shouting "You're supposed to be fighting the Thalmor not each other you stupid mortals!!!"
    If that's the message, wouldn't it be more to the point for her to be applying this treatment to Summerset?

Between the two versions of Skyrim, I must have played 30 different characters. And only two of those have ever picked a side in the civil war - one each way - because they're both utterly indefensible.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

so any advice on how to fix a mod that uses UNP face textures that it supposed to be set to CBBE thus making the light face/darker body mismatch problem occur? because I use CBBE, but somehow this timelost Dwemer mod which I really want to play is working but is distracting with how the head is practically one color but the body is another, because I've looked and it has UNP texture files in it for some reason. I'm not sure how to fix this other than not playing the dwemer mod, which I don't want to do.

Edit: turns out the problem was the werewolf appearance replacer. AGAIN. yeah I'm not using that werewolf replacer mod anymore. but now in the process of figuring that out, I've introduced problems with immersive armors and my carry weight mod, one is giving me far more available carry weight than usual and the other seems to be giving me the same message that the armors are finished configuring over and over again, ad looking at the mod descriptions they seem to imply that I've screwed up permanently :/ apparently both give you problems if you remove them midgame.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-05-25 at 07:05 PM.