New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls XV: This is my Thu'um Stick

My LP wizard has 170 HP and 605 Magicka. If you hit him, he dies pretty easily. If you don't? You and your entire extended family is going to die horribly.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

2. - Top - End - #752
    Spamalot in the Playground

My khajiit is definitely great at stealth, but mileage varies on how easy the game is. If I can avoid the fight, yeah it can be easy. If I can't, well then my character can get beat up pretty bad. She absolutely loathes spellcasters with lightning spells. No defense yet against them.

Unless turning into toast counts? XD
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I think a mod that dynamically changes the game's difficulty when in and out of stealth would be great. Playing stealth well makes you a terrifying assassin in the shadows who kills enemies with ease... But the moment you're located, your damage output dramatically reduces making getting out of trouble extremely difficult.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

I don't think it needs that, though. When you're out of stealth you're in trouble in the game as it stands--my assassin had great trouble with dragons because of this, because they're almost impossible to sneak up close enough to stab, and once they know you're there you have a bad time of it.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    I think a mod that dynamically changes the game's difficulty when in and out of stealth would be great. Playing stealth well makes you a terrifying assassin in the shadows who kills enemies with ease... But the moment you're located, your damage output dramatically reduces making getting out of trouble extremely difficult.
    This is why I loved and hated Ordinator. It does a great job diversing sneak but it does not much for the problem at hand. I think I kinda just trained myself in Alchemy to offset that problem tho since poisons make botched stealth easy enough.

6. - Top - End - #756

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    This is why I loved and hated Ordinator. It does a great job diversing sneak but it does not much for the problem at hand. I think I kinda just trained myself in Alchemy to offset that problem tho since poisons make botched stealth easy enough.
    I been training enchanting since I've been fairly lucky in my looting to have a lot of poison available to me, but not as much luck in finding good magic gear for sale.

And then my companion managed to lose her armor for an hour and so she was wandering Whiterun in her undies. >.> No idea what happened (wasn't in her inventory) and after an hour or so it just... Came back?

Ok maybe this is a dumb question--Does Ulfric ever use shouts against you? I've fought him twice and he never showed that he has that ability, despite everything said that he used a shout to kill the jarl of Solitude. I don't remember it even said where he got the ability from.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So after a long hiatus, I'm feeling a Skyrim itch, so I'm coming her asking what the community's opinion is regarding whether I should be reinstalling Skyrim or SSE for best results. I tend not to go super-heavy into modding, but I do like to add a few more choices in terms of items. Thoughts?

8. - Top - End - #758
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    So after a long hiatus, I'm feeling a Skyrim itch, so I'm coming her asking what the community's opinion is regarding whether I should be reinstalling Skyrim or SSE for best results. I tend not to go super-heavy into modding, but I do like to add a few more choices in terms of items. Thoughts?
    The only real reason not to use SSE is if you have a mod that you can't live without that hasn't been ported over. Well, that and the Creation Club; unless you back up your Skyrim executable, every time the creation club updates, it breaks SKSE and any mods that hang off the script extender.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    The only real reason not to use SSE is if you have a mod that you can't live without that hasn't been ported over. Well, that and the Creation Club; unless you back up your Skyrim executable, every time the creation club updates, it breaks SKSE and any mods that hang off the script extender.
    The updates haven't been much of an issue. About every four months or so, SKSE will break and you'll have to download the newest version - but it's always been available within few hours of the update being released. It's probably blind luck whether you'll ever have to wait for it.
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    And then my companion managed to lose her armor for an hour and so she was wandering Whiterun in her undies. >.> No idea what happened (wasn't in her inventory) and after an hour or so it just... Came back?
    I've looked in my companions gear and seen stuff missing, but I think it's only in the listing, it seems to still be there in the external view. Does seem to come back later then disappear again.
    Last edited by halfeye; 2019-09-09 at 07:49 PM.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by veti View Post
    The updates haven't been much of an issue. About every four months or so, SKSE will break and you'll have to download the newest version - but it's always been available within few hours of the update being released. It's probably blind luck whether you'll ever have to wait for it.
    And you can also tell Steam to only update when you launch the game... and then only launch through SKSE, which will bypass that check until you choose otherwise.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I been training enchanting since I've been fairly lucky in my looting to have a lot of poison available to me, but not as much luck in finding good magic gear for sale.

Ok maybe this is a dumb question--Does Ulfric ever use shouts against you? I've fought him twice and he never showed that he has that ability, despite everything said that he used a shout to kill the jarl of Solitude. I don't remember it even said where he got the ability from.
    Ulfric is coded to use shouts in the game, but since he only fights in like two mutually exclusive situations, its hard to tell. I believe he uses Unrelenting Force in the assault on Solitude if you side with the Stormcloaks. If you talk to him, he actually trained with the Greybeards, and was going to join them until his father died, the Great War happened, and he left to become Jarl.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Her name wasn't Sophia, by any chance? She's the only one I've seen do that. I assumed she was just being an exhibitionist, some of her dialogue definitely hints at it...
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

14. - Top - End - #764

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Ulfric is coded to use shouts in the game, but since he only fights in like two mutually exclusive situations, its hard to tell. I believe he uses Unrelenting Force in the assault on Solitude if you side with the Stormcloaks. If you talk to him, he actually trained with the Greybeards, and was going to join them until his father died, the Great War happened, and he left to become Jarl.
    I seem to remember him throwing away Legate Rikke when we fought in Winterhelm.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

It's worth remembering that NPC shouts are remarkably weak. They only use unrelenting force, and only the first word of it, so all it really does is make you stumble around a little.
    I imagine the game's coding isn't solid enough to ragdoll you.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

It's worth remembering that NPC shouts are remarkably weak. They only use unrelenting force, and only the first word of it, so all it really does is make you stumble around a little.
    I imagine the game's coding isn't solid enough to ragdoll you.
    That's not true. Some Draugr Deathlords, as well as the Greybeards if you're foolish enough to attack them, can use the full Unrelenting Force.

17. - Top - End - #767

This has been my experience. Updating SKSE isn't a big deal so I just live with it for the better performance of SSE. I got a lot of mods on and only experienced one crash to desktop in all the time I've played (ok technically 2 crashes, but the second was on purpose testing a mod).

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    I've looked in my companions gear and seen stuff missing, but I think it's only in the listing,
    My companion definitely lost her helmet once. And there was this time she somehow equipped a bucket while we were fighting a dragon. No clue how she managed that, but maybe the dragon died in shame of getting slapped around with a bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Hmm, I'll have to go chat with him then. Did not know his backstory. Thanks!

Her name wasn't Sophia, by any chance? She's the only one I've seen do that. I assumed she was just being an exhibitionist, some of her dialogue definitely hints at it...
    Nah, it's a mod companion added in. Shii-ra. Yeah, amusing name. :3

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleBison View Post
    That's not true. Some Draugr Deathlords, as well as the Greybeards if you're foolish enough to attack them, can use the full Unrelenting Force.
    I can attest to getting ragdolled by high level Draugr Deathlords. It's annoying, but sometimes funny when your companion flies into you and you both tumble.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Hmm, can't recall ever getting ragdolled... Guess I got lucky then.

19. - Top - End - #769

Hmm, can't recall ever getting ragdolled... Guess I got lucky then.
    I got tagdolled a lot, not by shouts, but by falling off cliffs, if I recall correctly.
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

20. - Top - End - #770
    Titan in the Playground

Go into the one little side area of Labyrinthian. On the west as you enter, and OMG, you're going to get ragdolled a LOT even at low levels. They love that shout.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleBison View Post
    Draugr also sometimes use Disarm, which can be devastating.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    I think Disarm is only the Deathlords and above, but it is very, very annoying when they do, not least because it <unfavourate>s the weapon you dropped, so if you find it again, you have to load it up through the inventory screen, and in the longer term re-<favourite> it again. There may be a skill or perk that stops that, but if so I haven't worked out exactly what it is.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    I almost lost Dawnbreaker to that.

But IIRC Disarm stops working on your character once you get past a certain level.
    Last edited by Kareeah_Indaga; 2019-09-10 at 05:24 PM.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Disarm is very annoying, chiefly because (for me at least) there's a bug that prevents the weapon animations from updating when it happens. So it looks exactly as if I'm still hacking away with Dawnbreaker, when in fact I'm using my fists and thinking "wow, this guy has a lot of HP, I can't even see that health bar moving."

The wiki says that draugr will stop using this shout on you once you're past level 30, because then you're immune (and of course they all know exactly what level you are), but they might still aim it at a lower level companion if you have one.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Titan in the Playground

Isn't that how gear "looks" when Skyrim cannot link an item code to a mesh file? The game is basically going: "Yea, you wear armor but I can't find the info on how it looks, so you're just nude."

Knowing Skyrim, it could be some arcane method of storing follower gear, like the small boxes buried underground that manage merchant gear.

26. - Top - End - #776

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    I almost lost Dawnbreaker to that.
    Yikes, I would be so mad if I lost that sword. I like it, especially with the mod that upgrades it's damage. Downside is it weighs like 30 pounds now. XD

I did have a follower lose their bow once to disarm. More annoyed than mad then as it was a hand-me-down I could replace.

Disarm is very annoying, chiefly because (for me at least) there's a bug that prevents the weapon animations from updating when it happens. So it looks exactly as if I'm still hacking away with Dawnbreaker, when in fact I'm using my fists and thinking "wow, this guy has a lot of HP, I can't even see that health bar moving."
    That annoyed me when I'd have an arrow notched, because then my PC has let go of the arrow and looks like they're not pulling back on the bow string, but the game still thinks they're in that nocked position.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Isn't that how gear "looks" when Skyrim cannot link an item code to a mesh file? The game is basically going: "Yea, you wear armor but I can't find the info on how it looks, so you're just nude."

Knowing Skyrim, it could be some arcane method of storing follower gear, like the small boxes buried underground that manage merchant gear.
    Yeah who knows. Only happened that one time so at least it doesn't seem to be an issue to worry about. Yet. XD
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #777

Some time ago, I noticed that one of my Skyrim characters occasionally shows immunity to weapon damage. For example, I was watching in 3rd person view as he rode past a giant, the giant hit him with a club in the back, but something like a blue energy shield appeared between him and the club and suffered no damage. Does anybody know where that comes from?

28. - Top - End - #778

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    Some time ago, I noticed that one of my Skyrim characters occasionally shows immunity to weapon damage. For example, I was watching in 3rd person view as he rode past a giant, the giant hit him with a club in the back, but something like a blue energy shield appeared between him and the club and suffered no damage. Does anybody know where that comes from?
    Something like this mod then? Seems to meet your description.

Just finished the No One Escapes Cidhna Mines quest. Wow, did I not remember that Madanach is a spellcaster. Thought I could just 1-v-1 him and was pretty much destroyed first try. Second try I tried playing smartly with sneak attacks and using an armor spell to soak up his attacks. Then my companion glitched into the mines and took him out, so... that still counts as success, right?

Also, was hilarious when I was getting harassed by a Thalmor patrol and a dragon decided to land and take everyone out. Well, I survived. Can't say the same about those elves. XD
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

Just finished the No One Escapes Cidhna Mines quest. Wow, did I not remember that Madanach is a spellcaster. Thought I could just 1-v-1 him and was pretty much destroyed first try. Second try I tried playing smartly with sneak attacks and using an armor spell to soak up his attacks. Then my companion glitched into the mines and took him out, so... that still counts as success, right?
    You inspired such loyalty your friend broke in to rescue you? Sounds like standard fantasy fare; of course it counts.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

I just got Dawnbreaker at level 45, why does anybody like that sword? It does damage in the teens before sharpening, and burns for ten. Next level I can take double enchanting, and I almost certainly will, which will enable me to have a sword (or an axe, or whatever) that burns for 25 and lightnings for 25 at the same time.