1. - Top - End - #1471
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls XV: This is my Thu'um Stick

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    +1 for this one.
    I'm not sure if I get a vote, but aye.
    A diamond necklace played the pawn
    Hand in hand some drummed along, oh
    To a handsome man and baton (Bygone, bygone)
    A blind class aristocracy
    Back through the opera glass you see
    The pit and the pendulum drawn (Bygone, bygone)
    Columnated ruins domino

My avatar was made by a very lovely chap by the name of smutmulch. That was very cool of them.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Later on, I find out he's been deliberately keeping secrets from me. His excuse for this is that I was 'not ready.' I had a math teacher who pulled that at one point, but the math teacher was up front about the fact that they were leaving things out and that we would get to them later. The fact that Arngeir never does that tells me he never intended to tell me in the first place, he's just making excuses for trying to manipulate me.
    He's a mystic. Mystics are always about the Truths that the Minds of Others Cannot Comprehend because they're Not Ready. Yoda says the same thing to Luke, Morpheus says it to - the entire human population of the world. Heck, it's pretty much the entire basis of the Prime Directive. It's a whole trope.

Objection; YOU might have been an unstoppable god-killer by that point but I was low-level and squishy my first playthrough.
    Well, it helps that she gives you - sorry, I mean "allows you to quietly help yourself to" - a sword that is way better than anything else available until around level 20+.

Elder Scrolls XVI: It's Never Ataxia
    +1 to this.
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Barbarian in the Playground

Something's just occurred to me: we've just recently been granted a shiny, brand-new server that's fixed a bunch of technical issues on the forums, right? I'm just wondering is if it's even necessary to create a new thread in the first place.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by mjp1050 View Post
    Something's just occurred to me: we've just recently been granted a shiny, brand-new server that's fixed a bunch of technical issues on the forums, right? I'm just wondering is if it's even necessary to create a new thread in the first place.
    There's a new thread there anyway, so might as well use it. Unless the mods/techs say it's okay to take threads to higher page counts, better keep doing as things have been going before.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mjp1050 View Post
    Mod Ogre: *shrug* Till Rawhide tells me otherwise, I make a new thread at 50 pages. I'm just a thug, not a server wizard.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.