Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Villainous Competition XXX: One Feat to Rule Them ALL

Been sick (fever, Head and other pain, extreme tiredness) since friday.
    My build is mecanically done, but I dont have the head and concentation to do a write up atm.

Might we get an extension till enxt weekend? If not at elast Iw ont be able to finish (at elast not with anything approaching my normal standards or good formation I am afradi....).
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Villainous Competition XXX: One Feat to Rule Them ALL

Quote Originally Posted by GrayDeath View Post
    Been sick (fever, Head and other pain, extreme tiredness) since friday.
    My build is mecanically done, but I dont have the head and concentation to do a write up atm.

Might we get an extension till enxt weekend? If not at elast Iw ont be able to finish (at elast not with anything approaching my normal standards or good formation I am afradi....).
    More entries generally makes for a better comp.

I'd be happy for an additional extension (my entry needs formatting neatened up)...

3. - Top - End - #63
    Nerdomancer in the Playground Moderator

DruidGuy

ok, have another week
    Spoiler: Medals & Current Characters
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    More sources, more choices, more power. Welcome to D&D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I mean, I have been assuming Jdizzlean looks like Nathan Fillion this whole time to start with...
    The Mod Life Crisis If you need me to address a thread as a Moderator, please include a link

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

I've been struck by inspiration, and will madly rush to get an entry in.

Currently Recruiting: Nothing. Maybe come start one?

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Finally fully healthy again. A bit of rest today, will finish it tomorrow.

And lets hope every entry goes for a different feat. Really looking forward to this one!
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Real-life is kicking my butt. Hope to have an entry in before the extended deadline, but if not, I volunteer to judge.

My entry is still about 80% complete (and has been for over a week), but work has been insane, and we've been having a heat-wave in my area (my home PC is in the hottest room in the house, with no air-con).

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, as I just got home (and wanted to do it today but am too tired now to be sure to do it without mistakes, last check, tables and formation and all, I am in the same boat.

Likely getting it in tomorrow evening. I hope. ^^

8. - Top - End - #68

DruidGuy

i have 3 entries, i'd like to have a few more, but i also don't want to drag it out to long, have a few extra days, we'll see what it looks like wed, and i'll either call it and post then, or extend to the end of this week one final time.
    Show

I mean, I have been assuming Jdizzlean looks like Nathan Fillion this whole time to start with...
    The Mod Life Crisis If you need me to address a thread as a Moderator, please include a link

9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

I have a very simple, somewhat silly, quite amusing build that is pretty much already finished in my head. I'll get it to you in the next day or so. My main fear is it the possibility of someone else doing the same thing, given the highly restrictive (though interesting) nature of this challenge.

10. - Top - End - #70

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hackulator View Post
    I have a very simple, somewhat silly, quite amusing build that is pretty much already finished in my head. I'll get it to you in the next day or so. My main fear is it the possibility of someone else doing the same thing, given the highly restrictive (though interesting) nature of this challenge.
    the first rule of fight club VC is that you do not talk of Vizzini!

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzlean View Post
    the first rule of fight club VC is that you do not talk of Vizzini!
    Who was Vizzini again?
    Cool elan (no not that kind) Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Archive Of Our Own FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Extended signature here.

12. - Top - End - #72

DruidGuy

https://princessbride.fandom.com/wiki/Vizzini

"But it’s so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you. Are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet, or his enemy’s? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I’m not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool; you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me."
    clearly no one will do it because it is obvious, but just as clearly everyone will do it because it is obvious. this is known as the vizzini effect.
    Last edited by jdizzlean; 2019-02-04 at 08:13 AM.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73

RogueGuy

https://princessbride.fandom.com/wiki/Vizzini

clearly no one will do it because it is obvious, but just as clearly everyone will do it because it is obvious. this is known as the vizzini effect.
    Interesting to note, while in the movie Wesley acts like he thinks Vizzini is kind of an idiot, in the book he's actually kind of scared of him.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks, that means I dont have to finish now, after being out for 13 hours......;)

15. - Top - End - #75
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Yeah, thanks for the extension, RL has gotten in the way of my build but should be able to finish in time now!
    WINNER! Villainous Competition XXXII: Selene, Bride of Ruin
    Silver Medallist Villainous Competition XXVI: Faras Alnahr, Dark Scion of the Hippo God

16. - Top - End - #76

RogueGuy

What's the current count on entries, and when are we likely to call it at this point?

17. - Top - End - #77

DruidGuy

i have 5, w/ 2 more saying they should be done by wed. so at this point there's roughly 25 hours or so left until the cutoff and reveal

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

i have 5, w/ 2 more saying they should be done by wed. so at this point there's roughly 25 hours or so left until the cutoff and reveal
    Make that three. I'm putting on some finishing touches tonight now that I'm home. Many thanks for all of the extra time.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Well sadly, I seem to be out of luck then.

I jsut had the third 12+ hour day in a row (yesterday also spending over an hour waiting for the Train tracks te be cleared, at -3 degrees, ah well), so I am sedly unable to get it in today.

If somebodey else could also do with mroe time to liekly get it in, I am TOTALLY free on the coming weekend, so unless I am unable to see my screen (not jinxing it or anything) I WILL be done then.

But I dont want to slow it down if its ONLY for me either. YOur decision, Jidizzlean.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

I lost a few hours of solid build research from the forum timing out. I'm rushing to redo my work right now, and I might have something in time, but we'll see. If I end up being late, I'll post what I have as a "what could've been" rather than an official contest submission.

EDIT: Submitted.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2019-02-07 at 01:49 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81

PaladinGuy

So, as builds haven't been posted yet, is there still time to submit? I've got almost everything sorted, so shouldn't take me more than a couple of hours!
    Silver Medallist Villainous Competition XXVI: Faras Alnahr, Dark Scion of the Hippo God

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    So, as builds haven't been posted yet, is there still time to submit? I've got almost everything sorted, so shouldn't take me more than a couple of hours!
    You can submit until the builds roll, however you should be fast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    I feel like telling the ghost of Gary Gygax to hold your beer is a good way to suddenly stop being the GM, but I have to admit that this would probably be remarkably effective. At what, I dunno, but effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombulian View Post
    I am continually astounded by how new you are here in contrast to how impressive your mind is.

23. - Top - End - #83

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Falontani View Post
    You can submit until the builds roll, however you should be fast
    Cheers! Managed to get it in a couple of hours ago.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Yess, got it in!

Dang, that was hard given my amount of work.

Can hardly wait for the reveal and Judging. :D

25. - Top - End - #85

RogueGuy

Jdizzlean everything ok? Haven't heard from you in a while, last thing you said was the reveal would be Wednesday.

26. - Top - End - #86

DruidGuy

i was draggin my feet so Gray could finish up. builds incoming
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87

DruidGuy

1. The Drowned Captain

The Drowned Captain Chaotic Evil Paragon Drowned
    Spoiler: Stats
    Show

25 40
    13 28
    - -
    9 24
    10 25
    12 27

Spoiler: Stub
    Show
    CR
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    8 Drowned 12 6 6 12 Hide +23, Move Silently +23, Spot +23 +1 BAB, +1 BAB, Improved Toughness, Improved Toughness, Improved Toughness, Improved Toughness, Improved Toughness, 20 RHD, +8 natural armor, 2 slam attacks dealing 1d8, Drowning Aura, Undead Traits, Darkvision 60 ft, Fast Healing 5, Unholy Toughness, +8 racial bonus to swim
    20 Paragon 12 6 6 12 Hide +23, Move Silently +23, Spot +23, Listen +23, Knowledge Arcana +11, Knowledge Religion +11, Spellcraft +11, Psicraft +11, Use Magic Device +11, Use Psionic Device +11, Autohypnosis +11, Knowledge Nature +3.5 Improved Toughness(B), Improved Toughness(B) Max out HD+12/HD, Triple Movement Speed, +12 insight bonus to AC, +12 luck bonus to AC, +25 luck bonus to hit, +20 luck bonus to damage on melee/thrown attacks, +13 to Drowning Aura’s DC, Fire Resistance 10, Cold Resistance 10, 33 spell resistance, Fast Healing 20, +10 insight bonus to all saves, +15 to all stats, +10 to all skills, Treasure as a CR 20, Greater Dispel Magic, Haste, See Invisibility

Spoiler: The Drowned Captain
    Show
    Paragon Drowned
    Spoiler: The Drowned Captain
    Show

Size/Type: Medium Undead
    Hit Dice: 20d12+240+140+160 (780 hp)
    Initiative: +9
    Speed:90 ft., 90 ft swim (18 squares)
    Armor Class: 51 (+8 Natural, +9 Dex, +12 Insight, +12 Luck), touch 43, flat-footed 44
    Base Attack/Grapple: +12/+27
    Attack: Slam +52 (1d8+35)
    Full Attack: 2 Slams +52 (1d8+35)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Drowning Aura
    Special Qualities: Fast Healing 20, Spell Resistance 33, Fire Resistance 10, Cold Resistance 10, Darkvision 60 ft, Undead Traits, Unholy Toughness
    Saves: Fort +16, Ref +25, Will +29
    Abilities: Str 40, Dex 28, Con -, Int 24, Wis 25, Cha 27
    Skills: Hide +41, Move Silently +41, Spot +40, Listen +40, Knowledge Arcana +28, Knowledge Religion +28, Spellcraft +28, Psicraft +28, Use Magic Device +29, Use Psionic Device +29, Autohypnosis +28, Knowledge Nature +20, Swim +33, Jump +25(+49 with increases based on speed)
    Feats: Improved Toughness*7
    CR 20

Drowning Aura (Su): A drowned gives off a 30-foot radius emanation of suffocating drowning, imbuing its surroundings with a watery glint and deadly threat for creatures that breathe. All breathing creatures within 30 feet of a drowned are treated as if beneath water in terms of being able to breath. The drowning aura accelerates the process of drowning.
    Normally a creature can hold its breath for a number of rounds equal to twice its con score before it begins to drown. Within the drowning aura, a creature can only hold its breath if it makes a DC 23 Constitution check every round. Each round, the DC increases by 1. When the character finally fails its con check, it begins to drown. In the first round, it falls unconscious (0 hit points). In the following round, it drops to -1 hit points and is dying. In the third round, if still in the drowning aura, it drowns.

Spell Like Abilities: CL 15
    Greater Dispel Magic 3/day
    Haste 3/day
    See Invisibility 3/day

Spoiler: Strategies
    Show
    Well your a fast and dangerous beat stick with a ton of health and fast healing. Oh and your aura will incapacitate and kill anyone with a low con score that needs to breathe (read most living creatures) within 30 ft. With your 90 movement speed, 120 with haste you are a fast land based creature, able to keep up with most mounted combatants and non fliers. Heavy investment into spellcraft/psicraft and UMD/UPD alongside the specifically called out feature of Paragon template of having wealth equal to a creature of your CR (regardless of what wealth you should have possessed before) allows us to arm ourselves with magic. Wands, Dorjes, Staves, and Psicrowns are within our grasp, along with scrolls. And being a captain we sure had plunder to use! Using your natural 33 spell resistance you should be flinging spells into your area and their own with abandon. However I believe most battles with the Drowned Captain will end in a stalemate, a battle of attrition, or as the captain being a guard for a more powerful entity. You see as intelligent as the Drowned Captain is, he lacks… ambition.

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    “I am.. Err I was the great captain... What was my name again? No matter, a captain I was, of a valiant ship that hunted down many a pirate. Or was I the pirate..? I can’t recall. Damned ye, must have messed with me memories.. Or have ye? Everything is so fuzzy. Drunk! Must be it, drowned in alcohol I was. Must’ve been. All I remember was being drowned. Mutiny it must have been… On guard with ye, I don’t stand here for me own health. ...And that is such a pretty bauble.”

Spoiler: Sources
    Show

Drowned: MM 3
    Paragon Creature Template: Epic Player’s Handbook
    Improved Toughness: Libris Mortis
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88

DruidGuy

2. Aww [email protected]

Crud, the Half-Orc Crusader
    Spoiler: ”Overview”
    Show
    I don't have a 20 level class table, because it is basically just the crusader table. It didn't seem like a good idea to copy that. The big change is skipping feats and just taking +1 IL at levels 1, 3, 6, and 9. Then, taking Extra Granted Maneuver at levels 12, 15, and 18. That way Crud gets all his readied maneuvers every round at level 18+.

Crud is not a particularly intelligent half-orc. He certainly isn't gaining the people's trust. He doesn't dance or sing or make people laugh. However, he knows how to fight. Crud learned his discipline through the combat teachings of the crusader. His strange tendencies kept him apart from people. He became a misanthrope and focused on one thing: killing. Crud didn't care who or how or why, just as long as he could keep killing. It was his mantra. Everything needed to die. If it was living, he would make it dead. Crud's passion for fighting was so great that he mastered his combat maneuvers faster than anyone before him.

As for combat, Crud makes use of all the Crusader's abilities. Steely Resolve will add quite the damage threshold. Mettle helps his saves and his stance, Immortal Fortitude, keeps him alive even longer. It is worth noting his early access to maneuvers will be noticeable right up until end game levels. Once he reaches level 18, he gets to use whatever maneuver he wants every round.

The only source is Tome of Battle.

Spoiler: ”Crud”
    Show
    Crud, Half-Orc level 20 Crusader (CR 20)
    HD: 20d10+40
    INI: +1
    AC: 11 (+1 dex)
    BAB/Grapple: +20/+26
    Saves: Fort +14/ Ref +7/ Will +6
    Speed: 30 ft
    Alignment: LE
    Abilities: STR 22/DEX 12/ CON 14/ INT 11/ WIS 10/ CHA 6
    Special: IL 24 (+4 from +1 IL 4 times before taking a feat)

Spoiler: ”Stats”
    Show
    Ability Base Racial Level 5 Level 10 Level 15 Level 20
    Strength 15 +2 18 19 20 22
    Dexterity 12 - 12 12 12 12
    Constitution 14 - 14 14 14 14
    Intelligence 13 -2 11 11 11 11
    Wisdom 10 - 10 10 10 10
    Charisma 8 -2 6 6 6 6

Spoiler: ”CR 5”
    Show
    IL 7
    Maneuvers Readied: 5(2)
    Maneuvers Known: 7
    Devoted Spirit: Crusader's Strike, Revitalizing Strike
    Stone Dragon: Charging Minotaur, Stone Dragon's Fury
    White Raven: Douse the Flames, Leading the Attack, Covering Strike
    Stances: Martial Spirit, Bolstering Voice

At this point, Crud has already made his prowess in battle well known. He has access to 4th level maneuvers, which should be quite the surprise to anyone who hasn't met him. However, still requiring normal maneuver recovery means he hasn't set himself apart completely yet. Crud will use Martial Spirit to keep his health up, unless he feels his enemies can affect him with will saves. Then his bolstering voice will be better. Appropriate maneuver usage is key for his tactics. Opening with charges and using support maneuvers as needed.

Spoiler: ”CR 10”
    Show
    IL 14
    Maneuvers Readied: 6(3)
    Maneuvers Known: 9
    Devoted Spirit: Revitalizing Strike, Doom Charge, Shield Counter
    Stone Dragon: Stone Dragon's Fury, Elder Mountain Hammer, Ancient Mountain Hammer
    White Raven: Leading the Attack, Covering Strike, War Leader's Charge
    Stances: Martial Spirit, Bolstering Voice, Aura of Perfect Order

Gaining Aura of Perfect Order early is excellent. This basically ensures he succeeds at whatever maneuver he is using, which can be devastating for opponents. He still has normal recovery, although he has access to 7th level maneuvers. Things start picking up soon once he gets access to his extra granted maneuver feat.

Spoiler: ”CR 15 aka SWEET SPOT”
    Show
    IL 19
    Maneuvers Readied: 6(5)
    Maneuvers Known: 12
    Devoted Spirit: Shield Counter, Divine Surge (Greater), Castigating Strike, Strike of Righteous Vitality
    Stone Dragon: Stone Dragon's Fury, Elder Mountain Hammer, Ancient Mountain Hammer
    White Raven: Leading the Attack, Covering Strike, War Leader's Charge, White Raven Hammer, War Master's Charge
    Stances: Martial Spirit, Bolstering Voice, Aura of Perfect Order, Immortal Fortitude

He can almost use any maneuver every round. Five of the six are available to him at the outset of combat, which is quite nice. This means every other round he has a refresh of maneuvers. At this point, Crud has an array of maneuvers to choose from that can deal damage or help with support. He has already reached 9th level maneuvers and has all his stances. This is probably the pinnacle for Crud. The only two things he is missing are a single point of BAB and his final extra granted maneuver feat. He is hitting above his weight now with 9th level maneuvers and the continued use of Aura of Perfect Order ensure they reach maximum effect. No 5% miss chance with a rolled “1” here.

Spoiler: ”CR 20”
    Show
    IL 24
    Maneuvers Readied: 7(7)
    Maneuver's Known: 14
    Devoted Spirit: Shield Counter, Divine Surge (Greater), Castigating Strike, Strike of Righteous Vitality
    Stone Dragon: Elder Mountain Hammer, Ancient Mountain Hammer, Colossus Strike, Earthquake Strike, Mountain Tombstone Strike
    White Raven: Leading the Attack, Covering Strike, War Leader's Charge, White Raven Hammer, War Master's Charge
    Stances: Martial Spirit, Bolstering Voice, Aura of Perfect Order, Immortal Fortitude

Crud finally can use any maneuver every round guaranteed because he has all his readied maneuvers granted. This can be quite devastating with the highest level maneuvers.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89

DruidGuy

3. oh baby baby

If you all are with me...
    Make some noise!!!

from Detroit Metal City, original art by Kiminori Wakasugi, © Shueisha Inc. 2019

BABY
    Sweetkiss
    1. Firre Eladrin
    2. Doomspeak
    3. Sublime Chord
    4. Inspirational Boost
    5. Improvisation
    6. Harmonize
    7. Lesser Celerity
    8. Amplify
    9. Celerity
    10. Fugue
    11. Protege
    12. Epic Perform
    13. Divine Insight
    14. Bacchae
    15. Corpse Creature
    16. Sonorous Hum
    17. Body Outside Body

BOOK OF EXALTED DEEDS
    CHAMPIONS OF RUIN
    COMPLETE ARCANE
    SPELL COMPENDIUM
    SPELL COMPENDIUM
    RACES OF STONE
    PLAYER'S HANDBOOK II
    SPELL COMPENDIUM
    PLAYER'S HANDBOOK II
    SPELL COMPENDIUM
    SPELL COMPENDIUM
    SRD
    SPELL COMPENDIUM
    FIEND FOLIO
    BOOK OF VILE DARKNESS
    SPELL COMPENDIUM
    COMPLETE ARCANE

Spoiler: Basic Build Stub
    Show
    BABY Sweetkiss
    Male Firre Eladrin Bard 4 / Sublime Chord 1 / Mystic Theurge 5

Alignment: Chaotic Evil with (Chaotic) and (Good) subtypes
    > Any effect that depends on alignment affects BABY as if he has a chaotic good alignment, no matter what his alignment actually is.

Elite Array: STR 8, DEX 10, CON 12, INT 14, WIS 13, CHA 15
    Racial Adjustment: STR +10, DEX +4, CON +2, INT +6, WIS +6, CHA +8
    HD Increase Adjustment: WIS +3 (@8/12/16), CHA +1 (@4)
    Ability Score: STR 18 (+4), DEX 14 (+2), CON 14 (+2), INT 20 (+5), WIS 22 (+3), CHA 24 (+7)[/QUOTE]
    Spoiler: Build Table
    Show
    CR Class BAB Fort Ref Will Skills Feats Special
    10 Firre1 8HD
    Medium Outsider
    (Chaotic, Good, Eladrin, Extraplanar)
    8 6 6 6 Balance 5cc, Bluff 11, Concentration 11, Disguise 11, Intimidate 11, Knowledge(Arcana) 5cc, Knowledge(Dungeoneering) 0.5cc, Knowledge(History) 5cc, Knowledge(Local) 0.5cc, Knowledge(Nature) 0.5cc, Knowledge(Religion) 5cc, Knowledge(thePlanes) 1, Perform(Oratory) 11, Perform(Sing) 11, Perform(StringInstruments) 11, Sense Motive 11, Spellcraft 11 +1CL, +1CL, +1CL Gaze, Alternate Form, Magic Circle Againt Evil (CL11), Song, Spells (CL15, 12th level cleric, Chaos/Good/Fire/Magic Domain), SLA (CL13, at will, Detect Thoughts, Firebal, Greater Invisibility, Persistent Image, Polymorph, See Invisibility, Wall of Fire)
    11 Bard 1 8 6 8 8 Bluff 12(+1), Concentration 12(+1), Disguise 12(+1), Listen 3, Knowledge(Religion) 6(+1), Perform(Sing) 12(+1), Spellcraft 12(+1), Tumble 1, Use Magic Device 1 Doomspeak2 Bardic Music, Bardic Knowledge, Countersong, Fascinate, Inspire Courage +1
    12 Bard 2 9 6 9 9 Bluff 13(+1), Concentration 13(+1), Disguise 13(+1), Perform(Sing) 13(+1), Knowledge(Arcana) 11(+6), Spellcraft 13(+1)
    13 Bard 3 10 7 9 9 Bluff 14(+1), Concentration 14(+1), Disguise 14(+1), Listen 9(+6), Perform(Sing) 14(+1), Spellcraft 14(+1) Inspire Competence
    14 Bard 4 11 7 10 10 Bluff 15(+1), Concentration 15(+1), Disguise 15(+1), Listen 15(+6), Perform(Sing) 15(+1), Spellcraft 15(+1) Doomspeak
    15 Mystic Theurge 1 11 7 10 12 Knowledge(Arcana) 13(+2), Sense Motive 16(+5) +1 bard casting
    +1 cleric casting
    16 Mystic Theurge 2 12 7 10 13 Profession Astrologer 6, Sense Motive 17(+1) +1 bard casting
    +1 cleric casting
    17 Mystic Theurge 3 12 8 10 13 Concentration 18(+3), Sense Motive 18(+1), Spellcraft 18(+3) Doomspeak +1 bard casting
    +1 cleric casting
    18 Sublime Chord3 1 12 8 10 15 Concentration 19(+1), Listen 19(+4), Perform(Sing) 19(+4) Bardic Lore, Bardic Music
    19 Mystic Theurge 4 13 8 10 16 Concentration 20(+1), Knowledge(Arcana) 15(+2), Sense Motive 20(+2), Spellcraft 20(+2) +1 sublime chord casting
    +1 cleric casting
    20 Mystic Theurge 5 13 8 10 16 Concentration 21(+1), Perform(Sing) 21(+2cc), Sense Motive 21(+1), Spellcraft 21(+1) Doomspeak +1 sublime chord casting
    +1 cleric casting
    Spoiler: Spells per Day / Spells Known
    Show
    Cleric
    CR CL 0 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th
    10 15 6 5+1 4+1 4+1 3+1 3+1 2+1 - - -
    15 16 6 5+1 5+1 4+1 4+1 3+1 2+1 1+1 - -
    16 17 6 5+1 5+1 4+1 4+1 3+1 3+1 2+1 - -
    17 18 6 5+1 5+1 5+1 4+1 4+1 3+1 2+1 1+1 -
    19 19 6 5+1 5+1 5+1 4+1 4+1 3+1 3+1 2+1 -
    20 20 6 5+1 5+1 5+1 5+1 4+1 4+1 3+1 2+1 1+1

Bard + Sublime Chord
    CR CL Spells Per Day Spells Known
    0 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 0 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th
    11 4 2 - - - - - - 4 - - - - - - Message, Open/Close, Prestidigitation, Summon Instrument
    12 5 3 0 - - - - - 5 2 - - - - - Ghost Sound, Amplify, Inspirational Boost4
    13 6 3 1 - - - - - 6 3 - - - - - Lullaby, Improvisation5
    14 7 3 2 0 - - - - 6 3 2 - - - - Harmonize6, Lesser Celerity7
    15 8 3 3 1 - - - - 6 4 3 - - - - Glitterdust, Amplify8
    16 9 3 3 2 - - - - 6 4 3 - - - -
    17 10 3 3 2 0 - - - 6 4 4 2 - - - Mirror Image, Good Hope, Haste
    18 11 3 3 2 0 2 1 - 6 4 4 2 3 1 - Celerity9, Fugue10, Shadow Conjuration, Teleport
    19 12 3 3 2 0 2 2 - 6 4 4 2 4 2 - Protege11, Mage's Private Sanctum
    20 13 3 3 2 0 3 2 1 6 4 4 2 4 2 1 Contingency

Note: Caster Level above includes +3 CL increase by skipping the feats at 1st, 3rd, and 6th level.
    Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Despite the unbearable pain threatening to overtake his consciousness, BABY Sweetkiss pushed himself to his feet and hobbled his way towards the trail of corpses near the river bank. It's been hours since his crowd got ambushed by a party of cunning murderers, but he's still holding out hope that he would find a fellow survivor.

Over here, Johan!, a voice murmured. He turned around, frantically searching for the source of the disembodied voice. Nobody there except some of his fans' lifeless bodies--Calia, Brevin the Blacksmith, Old Terek, Signy, and what little remained of Boris.

Pascorel has been annexed!, another echoed. The otherworldly voice's sudden disappearance made him realize just how alone he was for close to nine hours now, bereft of cheerful and lively noises to accompany him. Without warning, panic hit him. He felt a tightness in his chest that made breathing difficult. He felt closed in. All of a sudden, he's back in the crimson landscape, the nauseating stench of death, the deafening roaring and rumbling, the maddening nightmare of the Abyss.

"Over here, Johan!", signaled one of his allies as they fought back against the tide of fiends. His former self was that of a formidable warrior, an instrument of righteous destruction who inspires valiance in his fellow celestials. The first few years of ambitious campaign to rescue their kin in the Abyssal layer Androlynne had been fairly successful for the eladrin elites. A few more months passed, however, and it became clear that the initial spark of hope is but a faint light in the eternal reaches of darkness.

Pascorel has been annexed by the fiends. Hordes of tan'nari and ancient obyriths kept pouring into Androlynne like a rushing flood. For each eladrin returned to the safety of their native plane, plenty more have sacrificed their lives to make it so. Supplies and reinforcements sharply dwindle, and there's only so much resources to revive fallen comrades.

In the precious moments outside the battlefield, he traveled back to Arborea to tell families their spouse, child, parent, or sibling will not be coming back home. The look in some of these eyes reflected the pure anger and despair in the very atmosphere he left, especially with them knowing he himself had been given the privilege to stay alive. BABY Sweetkiss actually lost count on the number of times he had been raised because of his needed abilities, but one can only go through so much deaths. Last time, he remembered being captured, tortured for months for information, and the image of that balor driving its vorpal sword down his neck, and then nothing...

BABY Sweetkiss woke up covered in sweat. He instinctively cursed out in frustration, but this feeling was quickly replaced by relief as he noticed the light peek from the horizon. Divine energy can now be felt coursing back to his soul as he prayed. It's a new day to gather friends.
    Spoiler: Campaign Usage
    Show
    BABY Sweetkiss doesn't have a "master plan", per se, rather he just wants to live a simple life of freedom. However, his past haunts him whenever he isn't drowned by lively and festive background noise for a long period of time, so he sought the company of people that are in a loud, festive mood 99% of the time. He finds it completely justified to "convert" more people from the general populace into Bacchae because, to him, that just translates to letting more people have fun. In return, he vows to protect his new friends and provide them with entertainment.

Due to the nature of this villain's "gimmick", it can be applied to different scales, from a tavern that doesn't close, to a city with missing people, to an entire kingdom neglecting its responsibility to its people.
    Spoiler: CR Snapshots
    Show
    Spoiler: General Playstyle
    Show
    BABY Sweetkiss is an entertainer, first and foremost, who tries his best not to endanger his fans. To this end, he deceives, distracts, misdirects, pacifies, intimidates, and diplomances. His social skills, mainly his Epic Perform12, which unlike Diplomacy isn't restricted to NPCs, are fairly good and can be further boosted by spells such as Improvisation and Divine Insight13 when needed. More often than not, combat is avoided entirely by turning enemies to allies/fans.

In combat, BABY Sweetkiss will still try changing attitudes if possible. Failing that, he jams to Support Character's Greatest Hits: cleric spell list, bardic music, bard spell list, and wizard partial spell list. His preferred actions are debuffing enemies and buffing fans.
    Spoiler: Bacchae minionmancy
    Show
    Core to his character and playstyle is the integration of the Bacchae14, which comprise majority of his fans. Their lives basically revolve around frolicking and attacking most creatures who decline their invitations.

Calling and getting services from the Bacchae than from any other outsiders is easier for BABY Sweetkiss, as their goals lining up with what BABY Sweetkiss does best means he doesn't even necessarily need to pay them gold. BABY Sweetkiss can also get Bacchae via Summon Monster III-V and by his existing Bacchae forces converting normal populace. Dead Bacchae is still useful when raised via Create Undead as a Corpse Creature15.

Each Bacchae has Debauch (Su), so potential converts are up against a scaling amount of required saves to pass (1 per Bacchae), against abilities with a scaling DC (DC 10 + 1 per 3 Bacchae; DC 20 max). BABY Sweetkiss himself doesn't join debaucheries, and keeps himself busy by providing the best musical entertainment.

Lastly, while these Bacchae mobs will die to the weakest PC attacks, the PC party's goal should generally be rescue-based; that is, restoring the individual Bacchae to its former self by casting Heal, Limited Wish, Wish, or Miracle, on it, and then returning the person back to its family and friends.
    Spoiler: CR5-10 (but not really)
    Show
    Depending on how much BABY Sweetkiss will be integrated on your own campaign, quests from this level range could include aiding him and/or his fellow eladrin in the Abyss. BABY Sweetkiss himself can be the quest giver in these quests.

Since the military campaign in Androlynne is primarily a rescue mission, PCs can contribute via scouting, infiltrating, intelligence gathering, and minor skirmish with demonic forces. Outside of a good knowledge check, this experience could also provide the PCs with better insight on how BABY Sweetkiss was before as a noble warrior, and how the failed campaign in the Abyss led him down to the path of an escapist who rely on loud music, habitual cursing, and the noise of the crowd, as coping mechanisms to drown out the memories of his past.
    Spoiler: CR11
    Show
    BABY Sweetkiss has 6th-level cleric spells, unlimited inspire courage, countersong, fascinate, inspire competence, Detect Thoughts, Fireball, Wall of Fire, Polymorph, Greater Invisibility, and See Invisibility. Sonorous Hum16 provides concentration support. He protects his fans with standard cleric buffs, like Resist Energy, and debuffs like Dispel Magic against PCs.

Doomspeak: DC26 for a -10 penalty to attack rolls, skill checks, saves, and ability checks, making PCs less likely to resist Debauch and less likely to hit your fans. Divide and conquer can be implemented by focusing attacks or charm attempts on the Doomspeak victim.

Perform Modifier: 12 ranks + 2 MW instrument + 7 CHA + 2 per successful Aid Another from a fan + 15 when using Divine Insight. Easy DC40 turns Unfriendly to Helpful and Hostile to Friendly, and with enough aid from Bacchae DC50 turns Helpful to Fanatic and Hostile to Helpful.
    Spoiler: CR14 (Sweet Spot)
    Show
    Inspirational Boost for better inspire courage, Improvisation for luck bonus to near anything (including Perform checks), and Harmonize to start Bardic Music effects (including Bardic feats) as a move action.

Doomspeak: Penalty is increased to -20, at DC29. Harmonize allows up to 2 attempts per round, resulting at best case in either 2 PCs having -20 penalty (i.e. half the party) or 1 PC having a -20 penalty and likely failing your standard action save-based offense in the same round. If warranted to seal victory, Lesser Celerity allows a 3rd attempt.

Perform Modifier: 15 ranks + 2 MW instrument + 7 CHA + 2 per successful Aid Another from a fan + 15 when using Divine Insight + 3 when using Improvisation.
    Spoiler: CR17
    Show
    BABY Sweetkiss lags with 8th-level cleric spells and 3rd-level bard spells, but even low-levels buffs improve Bacchae's pathetic stats. Amplify significantly increases the range that people can hear him and thus be affected by his epic Perform checks.

Doomspeak: Penalty is increased to -30, at DC32. More spells aid in divide and conquer tactics, such as crowd control from Glitterdust and CL18 Word of Chaos spells.

Perform Modifier: 18 ranks + 2 MW instrument + 7 CHA + 2 per successful Aid Another from a fan + 15 when using Divine Insight + 5 when using Improvisation. DC50 is easy unaided.
    Spoiler: CR20
    Show
    BABY Sweetkiss's finishes with 9th-level cleric spells and 6th-level bard/sorc spells. BABY Sweetkiss has new emergency button with Contingency (Celerity). He gets better action economy courtesy of Protege spell cast on a Bacchae, and, if needed, Miracle can emulate Body Outside Body17 to make 4 clones for spamming SLAs and Bardic Music effects.

Doomspeak: Penalty is increased to -40, at DC35. More divide and conquer tactics via Fugue debuffs and Shadow Conjuration BFC. Clones can also attempt Doomspeak.

Perform Modifier: 21 ranks + 2 MW instrument + 7 CHA + 2 per successful Aid Another from a fan + 15 when using Divine Insight + 6 when using Improvisation +2 when using Protege on a Bacchae. DC50 autosucceeds.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90

DruidGuy

4. I will Crit you until you die from it!

THE DECAPITATOR!
    Spoiler: Fluff
    Show

Spoiler: Fluff
    Show
    THE DECAPITATOR! (always all caps, always with an exclamation mark, no exceptions) is the creation of a slightly (slightly?) crazed epic druid. Finally driven to the point of insanity by a group of rowdy elementalist sorcerers from the nearby city who would not stop burning, freezing, melting, shattering, and disintegrating his forest whenever they got a little too much mead in them, he hatched his plan for revenge. Taking a young Razor Boar, he raised it exclusively on Psilocybin Mushrooms, human flesh and Quinoa (it's a superfood!). Growing to immense size and taught to hate humans and arcane magic, it developed a resistance to that very magic. Thus was THE DECAPITATOR! born. Sent out to protect the forest, he has since wandered far and wide, slaying any who would destroy the wilderness, abuse arcane magic, get near him when he was hungry, get near him when he was not hungry, or get anywhere within the radius of his fairly good spot or listen check. If you didn't notice, he's a jerk.

So just remember, if YOU decide to use THE DECAPITATOR! in your game....

HEADS

WILL

ROLL!

THE DECAPITATOR!

Spoiler: Stats
    Show

THE DECAPITATOR!
    Spellwarped Advanced Razor Boar
    Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
    Hit Dice: 39d10+273 (487 hp)
    Initiative: +4
    Speed: 50 ft. (10 squares)
    Armor Class: 30 (-1 size, +4 Dex, +17 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 26
    Base Attack/Grapple: +41/+61
    Attack: Tusk slash +57 melee (1d8+16, 8-20)
    Full Attack: Tusk slash +57 melee (1d8+16, 8-20) and 2 hooves +52 melee (1d4+8)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Trample 2d6+24, vorpal tusks
    Special Qualities: Damage reduction 5/-, darkvision 60 ft., fast healing 10,
    low-light vision, scent, spell resistance 50
    Saves: Fort +28, Ref +25, Will +16
    Abilities: Str 42, Dex 18, Con 24, Int 6, Wis 16, Cha 6
    Skills: Listen +33, Spot +33, Survival +9, Jump +30
    Feats: Improved Critical x 12
    Environment: Wherever it wants to go
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 20
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always neutral
    So yeah, he like, cuts your fricking head off on a roll of 8 or better. Unlike a Vorpal Sword which decapitates only on a 20, Vorpal Tusks Decapitate on a successful crit. His Attack bonus is 57 so he's pretty good at confirming.

He has Spell resistance of 50 so at least some casters will have a problem.

Did I mention he cuts your fricking head off?

Spoiler: Build
    Show

THE DECAPITATOR!
    Please note these are base saves cause I am way too lazy to figure it out at every level With the stat bumps. Full final save numbers in the stats above, this build is for CR 20 only otherwise why bother.

CR/HD Class Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Skills Feats Class Features
    10/15 Razor Boar
    Base Creature
    +17 +9 +9 +5 Skills BAB +2
    Improved Critical Strike x 4
    Vorpal Tusks,Damage reduction 5/-, darkvision 60 ft., fast healing 10,
    low-light vision, scent,
    12/15 Spellwarped Template +17 +11 +11 +6 Skills SR 11+HD, Spell Absorption
    13/18 Magical Beast +20 +12 +12 +7 Skills Improved Critical Strike New Class Abilities
    14/21 Magical Beast +23 +14 +14 +8 Skills Improved Critical Strike New Class Abilities
    15/24 Magical Beast +26 +15 +15 +9 Skills Improved Critical Strike New Class Abilities
    16/27 Magical Beast +29 +17 +17 +10 Skills Improved Critical Strike New Class Abilities
    17/30 Magical Beast +32 +18 +18 +11 Skills Improved Critical Strike New Class Abilities
    18/33 Magical Beast +35 +20 +20 +12 Skills Improved Critical Strike New Class Abilities
    19/36 Magical Beast +38 +21 +21 +13 Skills Improved Critical Strike New Class Abilities
    20/39 Magical Beast +41 +21 +21 +13 Skills Improved Critical Strike New Class Abilities

Spoiler: Sources
    Show

The SRD (Razor Boar, Improving Monsters, Improved Critical)
    MM 3 (Spellwarped)

Spoiler: THE DECAPITATOR!
    Show

THE DECAPITATOR!
    Show