New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: SC's Kingdom Game: The Uncanny Valley

Seeing the orc fall to his blade, Lelouch spins around and swings with all of his might at the cultist

Spoiler: combat
    Show

Power attack:(1d20+4)[14]
    Damage:(1d12+8)[20]

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

With a sudden turn of good fortune, the previously grim battle was nearly settled.

Hapax, Luvon, and Lelouch all downed their targets and Tetro and Eugene weakened theirs. The diggers continue to climb free of the hole. The sole remaining cultist screeches and pulls their sickle but they are savaged by Bravery and drop to the floor.

Battle status: Complete
    Floor status: Messy

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

After the bodies are buried, the diggers interviewed, and a goodnights's rest (not to mention a level up) the party is roused by Pia.

"I was coming to tell you that Matteo had made breakfast but that statue on the first floor is glowing."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

Hapax stretched and got out of his bedroll, nudging Tetro awake. Once he finished stretching and putting his sleeping gear away, he headed downstairs. While he could smell the food cooking outside, the glowing statue was a tad more important right now. He inspected it, trying to figure out the significance of the glow.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Spellcraft (1d20+8)[26]
    K: Arcana (Untrained) (1d20+3)[13]
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

As Hapax studies the oddly glowing statue the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. A sort of electricity hangs in the ground floor, pulsing in time with the rise and fall of the glow.

The statue's head turns slightly as Hapax nears and its eyes lock on him. Its long hair moves slowly as though in a breeze, and it calls out in an older dialect of Common.

"Hoi mountain son, I am tha ruah Karamite. M'thanks aboon ye and t'others for clearin' this tower."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Being nudged awake, sleepily shuffled about gathering things then clamoring up on Hapax's shoulder. Yawning and stretching while riding shoulder side, eyes still half closed stared at the glowing statue, not fully processing everything until it spoke. Tetro nearly falling off from being startled by a talking moving hunk of stone. Taking a brief moment to realize it did in fact talk looks up at the statue then whispers to Hapax "well, now there's something you don't see every day, at least it's thanking us..." Blinks a few more times, tail twitching, staring in bewilderment.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Hapax reflexively took a half step back, but he quickly steadied himself. "Greetings Karamite. I am Hapax. This" he gestured to the kobold on his shoulders "Is Tetro. So, are you the ruah of the tower or does your reach extend further into the valley?"
    Spoiler: Diplomacy
    Show
    (1d20+8)[26]

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Luvon entered the first floor of the tower from the outside, having finished his breakfast while the others slowly roused from their inefficient slumber. Why are you speaking with a statue?
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Karamite stares intently as Hapax speaks. "Ah, how language changes." she says in a diction mirroring his. "I haven't much reach at all these days. I chose to be bound to this tower a long time ago, when the mortals here were thriving. As a spirit of nurturing I am connected to growth and building. The ritual the robed ones were preforming prevented me from manifesting."

She sighs dreamily and smiles "Will you all be staying then? I haven't had many conversation partners in a very long time and I do enjoy helping."

10. - Top - End - #190
    Pixie in the Playground

Eugene helps himself to a hefty serving of breakfast, sitting on the ground outside and sharing his food with Bravery. He looks about, "Huh, where'd all our new fighty type friends go, boy?" He asks to Bravery.
    He stands, dusting dirt and grass from his overalls, and goes inside. He walks toward the group and then follows their eye line to the statue. His mouth opens slightly in awe and he takes off his hat, holding it to his chest. Bravery hides behind his legs.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

Hapax turns to Luvon "This is a ruah; they're spirits of the land, almost very minor deities, From what my grandmother told me, they used to be worshiped a few centuries back but the more conventional deities gained more influence." He turned back to Karamite "As a matter of fact, we were. We're planning on making a settlement here, try and grow a community into something more powerful."

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Luvon lowered the bowl of mostly finished breakfast as the statue spoke unbidden. Karamite was it? What influence do you have over this land? We're looking to work it and live off its bounty.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

"I can view the kingdom that this tower stood as the center of." she looks defeated for a moment. "With that kingdom in disrepair my vision is limited to just this tower and the land immediately around it. The wider the community grows, the wider my vision."

"I also can have a connection to the people of this land. I can feel their concerns and needs." she smiles at Hapax. "You for example, should get some breakfast."

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

Hapax goes to raise a finger, but quickly drops it. He then shrugs and goes to get some food.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Well Karamite, your in luck. In time, your domain will be reborn. But everything must start somewhere. Luvon turned to Tetro, Llouch and Eugene. You three; go gather Eugene's kin. Any who will come. Take what gear we repurposed but have no use for and try to scrounge up some spare coin and then buy some food stuffs. Until the land is being tended, we're dependent on scavenging, hunting and food stores. While they are off, Hapax, Pia, Matteo and Diego will start working on gathering materials for the first construction projects. The sooner we get started, the sooner we can take a step toward bigger projects.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

Hapax nods. "Good idea. Luvon and I are better used for out construction abilities right now, so you three get more folk."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Pixie in the Playground

"Right then," Eugene smiles, smooshing his hat back on his head, "I'll go round up some kin and be back in a jiffy."

He looks down at Tetro. "Oh, uh..." He blushes slightly, "I know we done just met and all, but.. I'd reckon every step for me be about half a dozen for you, so uh... Well I just want to say that I don't mind given ya a ride if you'd like. Or even Bravery. I'd reckon he be fine with it too." He glances at Bravery beside him, who sits gnawing on his back paw.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

March 21:

Luvon and Hapax
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spying a dense cluster of trees from the tower, the two set out on a mission to collect lumber. After several minutes of selecting choice trees they begin the arduous process of chopping them down.

After ten minutes a voice pipes up from behind a bush nearby. "Hello! Sorry I hid from you, but these woods are dangerous." As she stands up you see an elf covered in pouches and sporting a wicker backpack. Even from this distance (60 ft) she smells like a Vespanali spice stall, and her fingers are stained green and soil brown.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by SwordChucks; 2019-05-19 at 10:22 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Meanwhile:

Tetro, Lelouch, and Eugene

As the party approaches the treeline on their way from the tower they see several wild grape vines off the side of the overgrown road. As they move closer, Lelouch notices that two of the vines don't move in the wind and seem to be dripping blood. He remembers hearing about Blood Maize, a carnivorous plant that disguises itself as other plants.

Spoiler: DC 12 Knowledge: nature check
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

Hapax had finished Forge-ing a tree down when he heard the woman behind him. Turning to face her, he waved "Ho there! I'm Hapax, this is Luvon. As you can see, we're gathering lumber. What can we do you for?"

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

"My name's Shelindai. I was out collecting herbs that grow wild around here. If you'd like I could sell you some. I use them to make tonics and potions for all kinds of ailments. Interested?" She says as she takes a couple steps closer.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

Hapax starts to close the distance at a moderate pace. "Sure. I don't have a lot on me, but I can take a look."

23. - Top - End - #203
    Pixie in the Playground

"Hm... Well that looks a mite suspicious, don't it?" Eugene scratches his chin and looks at the bloody vines. "You don't suppose it could be... now what did Momma call it? Blood Corn?"

He takes out his great axe in both hands. "We should go ahead and clear it out I reckon, make sure no one gets hurt." Bravery starts to whimper. "Oh now don't start that, yella belly, we can handle it just fine I promise. Now round the other side there and flank for me."

Bravery grumpily trots around to the other side, preparing to bite.

Spoiler: Charge!
    Show
    Eugene hacks at the vines:
    Hit 18
    Dmg 8

Bravery bites at them:
    Hit 22
    dmg 5
    Last edited by GoblinPrince; 2019-05-20 at 09:20 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Having switched to riding around on back of dog, looks up at the vines with squinted eyes, then glancing between the two, "soo who's getting grapes so we can start jamming out." Grins slightly at her own joke then looks between the two waiting for an answer.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

Hapax offers his hand when they finally meet, offering his hand to shake. Once shown her wares, he selects an Alchemist's Kindness and a Soothe Syrup. "You've got quite the stock" Hapax notes as he pays her. "A lot of this could be quite useful to our endeavor. You see, we're starting a settlement near the tower and medicine can be hard to come by out here. Sure, cuts and bruises are healed easily enough with the right magic, but a lot of illnesses are trickier to deal with magic. I mean, yes, a good healer might be able to treat any of them, but good luck finding one who can deal with all of them."

He then smiled earnestly, "We could use someone with your skills; we can set you up with property and a shop easily enough; it's why we're gathering timber in the first place, We're only now getting started, but there's a lot of potential here . Are you in?"
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Not sure if I should roll Diplo here, but I'm doing it anyway. (1d20+8)[15]

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

"You guys are settling near the tower? Does that mean those weirdos are gone?"

She bites her lip as she thinks the offer over. "I've been looking for a change and setting up with you folks would save me the long walk back to town each time I went for supplies. Sure, why not? I'll be back once I've sold off some inventory and settled affairs, so about two weeks at the earliest.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

Hapax nods "Yes and yes." he answers her question. As to her response to his offer, he shakes her hand once more,this time more warmly "Excellent. We should have a bit of a firmer base by then. I look forward to seeing you in town, Shelindal." And with that, he heads back to Luvon and continues to gather supplies.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Lelouch chuckles slightly at the joke before moving towards the plant, ready to chop at it with my greataxe. Well, what ever it is, its like any other plant, swing at enough and itll fall Once he gets close enough Lelouch raises his axe and swings at the base of the plant with all of the might his mech can produce.

Spoiler: Combat
    Show

Move: 30 ft
    Attack: (1d20+5)[17]
    Damage: (1d12+8)[18]

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Between the axes of Lelouch and Eugene the corn stalk falls. The other stalk releases a cloud of pollen in a 20ftx20ft spread and vanishes from sight.

Lelouch, Eugene, and Bravery: make a DC 13 fort save or be blinded for 1 round.

The cloud acts like the Obscuring Mist spell.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Waving goodbye to Shelindai, Hapax and Luvon spend around an hour felling trees, assembling a cart, and forging the trees into stacks of boards ready for modular assembly.

Spoiler: You got:
    Show
    78 5ftx 5ftx 1in boards (Weight: 1150 lbs)
    A simple cart