New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: Into the Borderlands (5e)

No problems, Amber. You have no need to apologize. I tend to be wary of any voice not belonging to my Deity. But we will stick together and get through it. Come let's continue forward.

Zaar walks off along side Amber keeping an eye on things.

2. - Top - End - #122

ElfRogueGirl

Amber puts her flute away, and takes out a bolt for her crossbow. The incident with the voice seems to have convinced her that it's best to be ready for an attack from here on. However, it isn't long before she starts humming to herself. Quietly, in case anyone hostile is watching them.
    I say we can go where we want to, a place where they will never find. And we can act like we come from out of this world, leave the real one far behind. We can dance.

The Adventures of Amber Yarrowhill, IC and OOC

In the Hands of an Angry God June 2017 - November 2018. RIP.

My Player Registry Entry

3. - Top - End - #123

With no further evidence of the voice which talked to Amber, you continue along the way, following the Goblinwater river. Ahead of you, the river (in your left) widens and you see a couple of "islands" in the middle of the river. The middle "island" is the smallest (not quite 100 yards across.) The closest is a little over a 100 yards across. And the furthest island from your position is about 225 yards across. None are accessible without crossing into the river. On your right is the Ravenwood forest with its hills and dense forest.

You can:
    1. Attempt to cross the river to access the islands or enter the Fell Fens
    2. Move to the right and enter the Ravenwood forest.
    3. Continue to follow the river to the south.
    Lily: What's happening?
    The Doctor: No idea. Do what I do; hold tight and pretend its a plan.

Note to all my players and Game Masters: I am not online Fridays after 3:00 pm EST till Mondays around 7:00 am EST.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Dravakar bends down to take a drink from the river, washing the dust from his mouth. He plants hands on his hips and squints in the three directions - forest, river, or track - trying to determine which one to opt for. Given their quarry was ostensibly in the marshes, he sucks his teeth and returns to watching the river, evaluating the danger of the crossing. To his companions, he says I'm thinkin' we cross the river here, yon islets make this as good a crossing as any. We still chase the rumours comin' from th' marshes, don't we?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by atlastrembles View Post
    Dravakar bends down to take a drink from the river, washing the dust from his mouth. He plants hands on his hips and squints in the three directions - forest, river, or track - trying to determine which one to opt for. Given their quarry was ostensibly in the marshes, he sucks his teeth and returns to watching the river, evaluating the danger of the crossing. To his companions, he says I'm thinkin' we cross the river here, yon islets make this as good a crossing as any. We still chase the rumours comin' from th' marshes, don't we?

says:

"That seems wise"
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

6. - Top - End - #126

MonkGuy

I agree, unless all of you want to change your mind? We should continue towards the marshes.

Zarr studies the running water a bit as well as the islands.

Can you make a place easy enough for us to cross this, the water appears to be moving much faster here.
    Last edited by Jrpergande78; 2019-04-19 at 02:33 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127

Haranna eyes the river as the others suggest crossing it. She attempts to estimate the distance to the other side before looking over there for something sturdy, like a tree.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perception roll for this: (1d20+4)[23]

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

If it's the way to our destination, then we have to cross Ayslam is still scanning around the party, but his glances are less troubled.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception (1d20+5)[16]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

I for one support the Gnoman Empire.

Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand

9. - Top - End - #129

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Jrpergande78 View Post
    Can you make a place easy enough for us to cross this, the water appears to be moving much faster here.
    Amber approaches the river bank and studies the water for a few moments. "It looks like it might be deeper as well." One of her hands goes to the wooden case strapped to her back, touching it in a protective gesture.
    I say we can go where we want to, a place where they will never find. And we can act like we come from out of this world, leave the real one far behind. We can dance.

My Player Registry Entry

10. - Top - End - #130

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by scalyfreak View Post
    Amber approaches the river bank and studies the water for a few moments. "It looks like it might be deeper as well." One of her hands goes to the wooden case strapped to her back, touching it in a protective gesture.
    Dravakar purses his helps and assesses the depth and speed of the river. He squints and then bends down to grab a handful of earth. Whispering to it, he begins to stomp rhythmically, raising small clouds of dust as the earth begins to shift, piling itself into shallow sandbars across the river to the small islands that dot the crossing.

Spoiler: OOC - Mechanics
    Show
    Using Mold Earth again, can move 15 m3 per round (six seconds). Should be able to move enough to afford a small crossing, depending on the GM's input.

11. - Top - End - #131

Spoiler: Haranna & Ayslam
    Show
    Neither of you spot anything out of the ordinary.

Spoiler: Journey So Far
    Show

Where is Dravakar building the fjord?
    Last edited by ybn1197; 2019-04-23 at 07:42 AM.

Note to all my players and Game Masters: I am not online Fridays after 3:00 pm EST till Mondays around 7:00 am EST.

12. - Top - End - #132

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by ybn1197 View Post

Spoiler: Journey So Far
    Show

Where is Dravakar building the fjord?
    Spoiler: OOC - Fjord Making
    Show
    The map helps so much, thanks! Drav is trying to hop from island/sandbar to island/sandbar, taking the most efficient route he can. We *are* trying to cross to the eastern swamplands yes?

13. - Top - End - #133

It takes some time for Dravakar to complete building the fjords to which you are able to "hop" from small island to small island.

Once you all arrive on the larger island of the three and Dravakar has begun his casting, Haranna, Amber, and Rolen all hear hushed whispering coming from the bank of the island.

14. - Top - End - #134

Initially having planned to swim across with a rope, Haranna watches Dravakar literally move the earth to forge a crossing. Impressed, she gives him a grin. "Well that saves us a swim!"

She moves onward with the group, keeping to the front, where possible. As Dravakar is preparing for the last leg of the crossing, though, something catches Haranna's ear. She tilts her head a little. "Do you..." she begins before quietening and looking at the others.

15. - Top - End - #135

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_p View Post
    Initially having planned to swim across with a rope, Haranna watches Dravakar literally move the earth to forge a crossing. Impressed, she gives him a grin. "Well that saves us a swim!"

She moves onward with the group, keeping to the front, where possible. As Dravakar is preparing for the last leg of the crossing, though, something catches Haranna's ear. She tilts her head a little. "Do you..." she begins before quietening and looking at the others.
    Dravakar continues his chanting, winking at Haranna's comment as the sand and rocks rumble and churn at his direction. His good mood quickly turns to an anxious edginess, shooting Haranna a quizzical look. He doesn't stop his spell, however, intent on getting them off this island as soon as possible. They were exposed here, and thus vulnerable.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks, Dravakar. I don't think it would be a good idea to be a lone humanoid target in the sky when we get in to the swamps.

Ayslam raises a brow Do we what?
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

17. - Top - End - #137

Haranna frowns. "... you don't hear that?" She asks quietly. "Whispering, from over there," she adds, nodding slightly towards the bank of the island, in the direction those whispers seem to be coming from.

Her hand clenches unconsciously, a small movement toward her axe.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Haranna frowns. "... you don't hear that?" She asks quietly. "Whispering, from over there," she adds, nodding slightly towards the bank of the island, in the direction those whispers seem to be coming from.

says:

"This time I do here some whispers up ahead"

19. - Top - End - #139

ElfRogueGirl

Amber nods, her eyes immediately going in the direction Haranna is pointing. "M-hm, I hear it."

Well aware that she's not the most durable or effective of melee fighters, the little half-elf steps backwards, smoothly placing the large fighter-looking members of the group between herself and the whispering voices. As she moves, Amber's left hand lifts a bolt from her quiver and quietly sets it in place on her crossbow, loading and arming the weapon without once taking her eyes off the river bank.

My Player Registry Entry

20. - Top - End - #140

The whispers quiet down as if originators are aware that you are aware of them.

The three of you make Perception rolls.

21. - Top - End - #141

Need Perception rolls from Haranna, Amber, and Rolen.
    Sorry. Did not receive an email indicating the OCC thread was updated.

Spoiler: Haranna and Rolen
    Show
    You hear rustling in the reads around the bank of the island from the vicinity of the whispers. It sounds an awful lot like whatever or whomever the source of the whispering is, is moving away from you.
    Last edited by ybn1197; 2019-05-16 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Getting Ninja'ed

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

says:

"The whisperers are moving away, shall we give chase or leave them be?"

23. - Top - End - #143

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    says:

"The whisperers are moving away, shall we give chase or leave them be?"
    Dravakar stops his chanting for a moment - whereupon the rocks and sand cease their movement - to grunt out. Won't be going anywhere 'til I can get us across that river. He then resumes his spellcasting, trying to speed up his ford-making.

24. - Top - End - #144

Haranna forces herself to relax a little. "I'd guess they can hear us," she says quietly, "but I can't see a need to pursue..."

She pauses, glancing at Amber. "Unless these are the same voices threatening you earlier...?"

25. - Top - End - #145

ElfRogueGirl

Amber shakes her head, trying to peer at the island from her spot behind Haranna and Rolen. "I don't think so. I only heard the one voice, and it didn't sound like the whispers earlier."

My Player Registry Entry

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Maybe I can get a better look. Ayslam takes off, attempting to see above the rise. Once in the air he scans all around them, searching for any sign of life.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Perception (1d20+5)[25]
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

27. - Top - End - #147

Ayslam spies a group of small fey at the water's edge hidden among the reeds. They are dressed in a shell-like armor and carrying small daggers (which look like swords from their viewpoint.) They are cautiously backing away from the beach.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

The tiefling lands by his companions and reports Looks like some fey near the water's edge. They're armed and armored, but backing away. Small creatures, I think we have little to fear.
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luccan View Post
    Looks like some fey near the water's edge. They're armed and armored, but backing away. Small creatures, I think we have little to fear.

says:

"The little ones may still be deadly when cornered, let's not scare them"

30. - Top - End - #150

Is that the consensus? Leave the fey alone?