New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: DragonBallITP OOC VI: The Asylum for Omnipotent Nutcases

Sorry that that took a bit.

I wanted to take the time to make sure I did it in a way that got the point across but wouldn't be interpreted as being too threatening. the idea is to make the Assembly realize that they're killing the Golden Goose, not to declare war on them.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #422

So apparently the Yardratians have a technique that, at either range or on melee contact, allows you to forcibly rip out someone's ki, life-force, souls, or what have you and basically do whatever you want with it.

Vegeta learns this technique in the Galactic Prisoner arc of the super Manga and uses it to take the ki and life-force that Moro stole and return it to the people and planets he stole it from(bringing countless people back to life in the process) and also mentions that if he wanted to he could forcibly split Piccolo back into Piccolo, Kami, and Nail with the same technique.

Yardratians kick ass. Just thought I'd share.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #423

Raz? Since you're planning something with Majins eventually.

Dragon Ball Heroes has an example of a Majin not related to Buu. Now, techncially, Majin Finn is a synthetic creation of Towa, but he's still a being remarkably similar to Buu without being in any way related to him.

The main difference seems to be that while Buu seems to be an entity of pure chaos, with Ki and Magical powers that don't follow the same rules as everyone else, Finn seems to be based on the theme of parasitism. He doesn't have Buu's magical powers, but he can absorb energy and assimilate it into himself.

When he engulfs and absorbs someone, he doesn't just take on their power and gain their mental traits and techniques, he also assimilates their DNA and otherbiological information and merges their ki with his own. Super Buu absorbing Gotenks didn't make Super Buu a Saiyan, Absorbing Piccolo didn't make him a Namekian, it just boosted his power and intellect and gave him their techniques.

But Finn jumping into the GT timeline and absorbing SSj4 Gogeta made Finn count as a Saiyan in addition to a Majin(rather than being a hybrid) and instead of clothing and minor cosmetic changes, Finn fully metamorphosed into Majin version of SSJ4 Gogeta. During this time, Fin himself counted as a Super Saiyan 4.

And the assiilaton of DNA and Ki is permanent. Finn assumes a form identical to his appearance as SSJ4 Gogeta after Gogeta escapes from inside him and retains Gogeta's intelliengece and combat skills, he even creates a stronger version of the Big Bang Kamehameha.. (Refered to as "Dark Gogeta.") In the manga, Finn's power as Dark Gogeta is the same as his power with Gogeta absorbed, but the game treats Dark Gogeta and Finn(Gogeta Absorned) as separate characters and Dark Gogeta is weaker.

Finn also gets stronger if other people absorb him. At one point, Towa has Mira absorb Finn so that Finn's Saiyan Biology and Super Saiyan Four form can enhance Mira's own Demonic Super Saiyan State and when they're separated, Finn has absorbed Mira's DNA and gained his combat experiance, techniques, and powers as well.

Finn is also depicted as being able to completly assimilate someone he's absorbed. His "Ultimate" form is achieved by using Mira's ability to ump through time and gain a portion of the power as well as the techniques of someone whose ki he's absorbed in conjunction with Finn's own ability to drain energy to take power, techniques, and biological from "countless warriors" from across time and space and then permenantly assimilate (this is a mouth full) "Transcendant Demon God Xeno Omega Shenron" to gain Eternal Dragon physiology and the combat data of Shadow Dragons as well as a buttload of raw power.

(The Xeno Shadow dragons are the original dragons reincarnated into stronger forms with demon god power, using the Dark Dragon Balls, which were created in conjunction by Demon God Towa and a mind-controlled alternate Dende and then scattered across time to parasiticallty fuse with Kid Buu, Frieza, Cell, Lord Slug, Turles, Jenemba, and Full Power Legendary Super Saiyan 4 Broly. Eventually, Xeno Syn Shenron gets all of that power focused into himself by absorbing the other Balls, then gets some of Demigra's powers added to him to elevate him to the Highest Level of Demon God. Just for the sake of completoion.)

He's also not insane the way Buu is, even in his "pure form."

So, that's what a Majin based on "parasitism" instead of "chaos" is like. If that gives you any ideas for how to depict the majins you're creating with your theme.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

the idea of those majins are more they are bunch of children with personalities similar to the elemental forces they embody: Spi-spi is passionate like flame, Zapple likes going really fast and is energetic, Dia is materialistic and vain, Vanele can be cold but also sweet like ice cream, Viva is life and nature, Hexy represents knowledge and magic and thus things that people find scary because she in a way represents the unknown. Salabim is easy because he is supposed to be full on crazy irredeemable supervillain with inspirations like Jevil, Joker, Dimentio and Marx from Kirby due to his enhanced perception of time making him perceive everyone as eventually dying in possibility or another anyways.

the real problem is Orbiko, since her story is that she somehow absorbed someone for some reason long ago and her perception is altered because of it in some way, but she still the Majin of Space. so its like, what personality suits freaking space? now combine that with the traits absorbed from a person.

thing is I don't know what Orbito's story is yet? there are a few possibilities I was considering but haven't get gotten around to:

-one possibility I was thinking was inspired by the idea of anti-matter, that long ago there was a civilization of anti-matter people in the early stages of the universe who somehow advanced really rapidly. but that due to how anti-matter and matter works, it was only a matter of time before the anti-matter civilization would start meeting the less advanced matter civilizations and annihilate each other on contact. the anti-matter civilization was only one while the matter civilizations were many and the god of destruction at the time judged that one anti-matter civilization wasn't worth the sacrifice of so many matter civilizations still in development and destroyed it but the Orbiko at some point absorbed someone from the anti-matter civilization she befriended before that so she could explore the universe (gods and majins of course are divine/magic and thus are "above" the distinction of anti-matter and matter so they could interact with both, or at least the majin of space and the god of destruction would be)

either that or the matter and anti-matter civilizations would be at war, and the anti-matter civilizations lost and died or something like that

-another possibility is that the the civilization was matter but simply so incredibly advanced in magic and developing so rapidly so early that there was a danger that if they start spreading to other planets they'd screw up the ecosystems of all other life, preventing the development of all the other races, that this precursor civilization would dominate and thus crush potential of any other kind of life flourishing by doing so before it could get going. so the civilization would be destroyed by the god of destruction or sealed away by the gods of creation until the universe was ready for them, but that Orbiko would again absorb someone whom she befriended so they could explore the universe.

and that the majins would all be sealed away for being troublesome before this downfall happens, Orbiko would come back and then be confused as to where the fallen civilization is, or where all the anti-matter gone or something like that, that her story would be something along those lines, sympathetic yet enough to spark some kind of awesome fight for being emotional about it being gone.....if of course the whole talking them down method isn't done too soon. again.

just something along those lines. needs better working out to my mind, something just.....isn't good enough, as if something is missing from Orbiko to make it work to me.

But yeah, nice to hear about that majin.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-08-02 at 06:11 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

5. - Top - End - #425

How would you feel about Oxy, after a bit of introspection, delegating the management of Oxy city and bequeathing the dragon balls to Pokassuu and then going to otherworld/The sacred land of the Kais to "learn how to be a god" and phase him out/have him take a more passive role in the story?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #426

Does Super Saiyan 4 count as a furry?

More seriously, I am intrigued to see where the plot back on Earth is going.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Does Super Saiyan 4 count as a furry?

More seriously, I am intrigued to see where the plot back on Earth is going.
    *looks at SS4 Caulifla art* ....This is an important philosophical question. the questions to answer is if monkeys are animal enough to count, and if Saiyans count as monkey people enough to count.
    -one can google "female furry monkey girl" and get furry art of it, therefore it is furry
    -a SS4 saiyan is incredibly similar in appearance to them. only real difference is color
    ...therefore I'd safely say its furry. but only when its SS4.

....lets just say, something good is going to happen, but in the furtherance of a goal that isn't as good.

okay if that is as fast as you say your character can read, I'm not going to argue, I would thought you'd just use ki to superman speed-read through all this in like a minute or something but okay.

8. - Top - End - #428

I was trying to keep things fair instead of speed reading through hundreds of books in minutes.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

okay guys, do you actually care about this roleplay anymore or are just waiting for me to get to something you can respond to, because if your not participating beyond comments or trapping yourself in inaction because your characters not there and can't come up with a basic excuse for them to be involved, that means I'm just roleplaying by myself and thats just sad. I want this to continue but if I'm just roleplaying into the void, I might as well close down the roleplay if your not interested enough to even participate in any meaningful manner. do you just want to get to an arc where your characters will actually do things or not? because I get the feeling that you really aren't interested in this arc that your not caring enough to do anything with it.

10. - Top - End - #430

I don't always have things to say but I'm willing to go as long as you are.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

I don't feel like I have much to contribute in this specific arc.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

Well if you guys feel you don't have much to contribute, I don't see why I should continue with this arc, lets end it and get to an arc where you can contribute and it'll be fun. do you want to do World Ender's Club or just skip straight to timeskip?

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

World Ender club?

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

World Ender club?
    good enough for me, lets get this saga done with and move on to that one.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

Ah.
    I meant... remind me?

Also if I ever get to Trombone Saga...

I'll probably will have to refit it, because oroginaly I planned it with five of us, each play major characters and minor ones.
    Well. I have time, I guess

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

Oh.

I'm surprised you forgot. its the saga about the gentlemans club that made of like, rich people that worship Beerus and thus like destroying worlds for their sick and twisted fun? y'know, that idea?

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, was disengaged for quite a while.
    But it's an 'ah" moment for me.
    Ok. Sound fun. Working on post.

So King Fenrir is dead?
    I don't care too much to be honest, mostly to know if he will be part of the Twin Fist Tournament.

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Sorry, was disengaged for quite a while.
    But it's an 'ah" moment for me.
    Ok. Sound fun. Working on post.

So King Fenrir is dead?
    I don't care too much to be honest, mostly to know if he will be part of the Twin Fist Tournament.
    What, no.

Peaceful protest, the old nobility aren't dead, they just aren't nobility or a king anymore. nobles are just not a valid position to have anymore. thats all.

19. - Top - End - #439

I'm gonna say that I don't have much to add right now so don't hold up on my account.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

Okay um....hm....I did not expect igor to pull a battle royale....which I can't do. I just....can't do that. it would be too chaotic and this space fortress is way too small for it to work, when I planned for this to be a fun "face them one by one" kind of arc, on various planets.

I've got to stop showing you the villains and thinking you won't attack them immediately. DBZ for some reason assumes everyone will just stand around smack talking and arranging honorable battles before it gets into it, and I keep assuming that structure without realizing it, I should really should've just did my original plan and just have them announce their games instead of inviting Vodkana over. I'll have to concoct a way for the fortress to be fake thing made by the tetris guy, I'm sorry, but the only other option is something anti-climatic, so I can't do that.

I'm sorry if this retconny or railroady or whatever, sorry if I'm stomping on the fun your expecting, but a fight of five V thirteen in the World Ender's space fortress would just be too chaotic or either blow up the fortress instantly and most of them would die because I didn't plan this.

like I get your character is doing the smart pragmatic thing, I'm sorry, I just.....can't make it work. this is why I don't try to throw together arcs for this roleplay and why these two sagas have been so badly done, they feel forced because Rater wanted them and.....because Rater isn't actually participating, I'm not feeling as if they are valued so....why am I doing them? if Rater isn't participating, whats the point? and apart of me thinks trying to accommodate Rater on this was a mistake because I shouldn't have to make arcs just so Rater can do non-actions.

So.....whatever I'll do the arc, its already started, but I had a plan, and I have to stick with it to make sure anything good is made from it in this case.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

I didn't planned on Vodkana attacking them...
    she wanted to talk.

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    I didn't planned on Vodkana attacking them...
    she wanted to talk.
    Oh uh....hm... sorry I guess I overreacted. it seemed like you were? or maybe I just screwed up.

Sigh....I'm just don't feel like I'm doing well with these....
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-11-02 at 07:27 PM.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Oh uh....hm... sorry I guess I overreacted. it seemed like you were? or maybe I just screwed up.

I can relate.
    Actually, Vodkana was preparing for afight to ensue, but she actually liked them and wanted to befirend and understand them, but was realistic enough to assume that eventually conflict will arise.

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #444

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post

*offers hugs*

You okay?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Hey,all good. This is still my dream arc for Vodkana!

Unless irl stuff happens?

------
    My previouse Avater

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    *offers hugs*

You okay?
    I dunno, I just don't feel as if I'm doing as good as I could be on some of these. Maybe I'm just being perfectionist, but I also haven't responded to the marvel one in a while, I should do that...

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

I understand, but Gming, isnt' the same as writing a story, as I have also learned.

Also if you preffer we can retcon stuff I won't tell anyone...

and if you preffer a time out for a while, it's also ok/
    I want you to enjoy it as well, and I see that you have put thought and imagnation into this.

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #448

So, is this game still on or...?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

Yes. Sorry I've been caught up in a lot of Sounditp worldbuilding stuff and character sheets, which is a level of preparation that far outstrips this roleplays so as to not to make some of the mistakes I've made here. I'll try to post most often here.

Edit: I think the reason Sounditp is doing so well is because things like its custom rules to encourage the style of roleplay we want and the better planning and knowledge of each other involved. so I'm thinking of trying to do a bit of that for this roleplay, y'know see what works and try to adapt it in a different manner here.

of course, Dragonball doesn't really lend itself to the planning type of fighting style, but to epic battles of world destroying speed and power. I want to make a rule to encourage large flurries of attacks and long descriptions that emphasize cool chains of attacks over the boring near single attack posts we've been having since day one. after all, if we keep doing the one action by action play by play, this will get nowhere. also maybe a rule to make power ups and transformations fun? point is I want to better emulate the style of Dragon Ball Z's combat and its destructive escalating nature.

Edit: I think I know what has been missing: while arcs are good, they are not connected. A good reason why early DBZ and DBitp worked was because it had an overarching plot of overthrowing battling Freeza/Hailing which took more than arc to resolve. thats what has been missing: something to tie into something greater and more grand than arc villains, and I haven't been doing any work to make that happen. I think tis time to think beyond mere arcs and start thinking of a greater plot that unites them. thankfully I already have something in mind....
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-12-26 at 06:17 AM.

30. - Top - End - #450

Gonna be completly honest, I have no idea what's going on anymore.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks