New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: DragonBallITP OOC VI: The Asylum for Omnipotent Nutcases

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    The whole point of retiring Oxy was a compromise after you disliked the idea of Oxy getting to Buu-Saga level powers to deal with Solitus and PCJ, who'd you'd made far too strong to defeat at their current level of power.

So, to recap: I'm wrong for valuing consistency and people getting stronger at a reasonable rate unless they need to and have an excuse instead of arbitrarily changing power levels to suit the story.

I'm wrong for not wanting to reset continuity with retcons.

And now I'm wrong for wanting to stick to the plan we agreed to months ago so we wouldn't have to retcon anything?

Is not wanting to write Android 10 as an adult after just introducing her as a child a valid reason for not doing a decade long time skip?
    I did not set it that powerful. you insist that I did and I tried to tell you that his power is what is needed to be a challenge, because power levels aren't something we can BE consistent WITH anymore, we don't know how they WORK past the Freeza saga! there is no canonical way to measure them past that point. unless your willing to do the work to make a simple system of power levels we can all understand that you like, that accurately reflects how power works in Dragon Ball, thats the end of it.

so you want this consistency? well your the one who cares, so do a universal power level write up, so that I know the guidelines for every level of power so I have some reasonable way to know what you want from this level or that level, because I can't read your mind and know what you want. I'm not doing it for you, your the one who wants this, so make it happen.

and I didn't plan on any arc after Solitus in this time, so....if we want to stick around here, we have to figure out what we're going to be doing in that time. and since igor clearly wants a timeskip, I'll do whatever work is needed to keep us here a little longer, since I clearly did not communicate that we'd be timeskipping again after this, but I'm not gonna promise any big arcs, just enough until we're ready for igor to start Trombone Arc.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Well, Rater, I happy that you have voiced your reasons. Now this is something that we can work with.

I was sure, that you want to play as Oxy, and this will actually will make ot easier

But if you want a soluation, I actually has.
    Sort of.
    I don't want Vodkana to be main character in this arc, mostly because it w8ll he wierd to write major fightbetween diffrent characters of mine- for that, I can simply write a fanfic.

So, my idea, that I have discussed with Ing long time ago, but I want reconfirm that we are on the same page, is using cheesy GT idea, but this might work.

I'll spoiler it, because no one should know it IC.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trombone cultists kidnap Vodkana and turn her to a child. Still as powerful,but with no memories. Guided by Jalo. (The scientist assasian. He also discovered anti ki tech)
    And this group is planned to be manipulated into getting through the Empurium, to break one of Trombone seals, and if needed to destory the Emperuim.
    We can add Oxy here. Or android 10.

And in general, power level consistency.. to be honest? I never seen long lasting frenchise which keep it perfectly. Fans need to roll their brains out, how to make sense out of it.

Batman is the worst example- he can rival Darkseid, and not die from his beams, but random thug of Gotham can knock him out.
    The truth is, heroes are strong as they need to be for the sake of the story, and so are the villians.
    Good writer can mask it better then bad one.

We are group who does a lot of build up, but in the end, Dragon Ball is about flashy battles and flashy powerups.
    We just want to be fancy about it, which is great.
    The questions of us should be-
    I want my character to be in such fight scene.
    Now how do we do it, that it make sense and fun?
    I also enjoy d&d and structured roleplays, but it's a diffrent kind of roleplay

I don't think Dragon Ball and most shunens are going to perfectly fit tight rule systemz.
    It's about narrative.
    And again, I apreciate your willing to talk, without it we can't solve anything.
    So. Thank you. Let's keep discussing with outmost respect, and I am sure we can get a soluation everyone ok with, if not completly happy
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #273
    Colossus in the Playground

When I say power level consistency, I mean not operating under the assumption that e're measuring ourselves against the android Arc and then having to fight someone fifty times as powerful as Super Perfect Cell and thus 16.666666667 times as powerful as my strongest character.

Not being expected to pull a power up out of my ass to deal with someone who would squish my character like a bug would also be appreciated.

The whole point of having Oxy go into the chamber and then retire until later was to justify fighting the disproportionately powerful villains without having to retcon anything and without having to force you all to play catch up.

The time skip basically invalidates the need to have done basically everything I did in the past few months, becuase it was done under the assumption that Oxy would be going away for a good while and that this would basically be his sendoff.

I only introduced Android 10 to take Diamond's role as the support character since Diamond was being promoted to primary character.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

and I'm sorry I didn't communicate that there was going to be a time skip after this rater, I just assumed that since this is Dragon Ball post Z, that is just how things happen in this universe. you have an arc,it takes place over like, less than a day most times then you timeskip a few years to the next arc because DBZ/Super actually has realistic training times unlike say, Naruto, MHA or whatever else which expect the protagonist to face off against a bunch of villains while they are thirteen or so in their first year while training to get new techniques within very short amount of times.

I was just being consistent with how the DBZ stories were being told when it came to that.

while for the power ups: its clear to me we're speaking different languages when it comes to that, because they mean different things to each of us, so I can't really know what to do when something like this happens, yes I guess retcons are bad from a consistency perspective, and thus yours, its just my perspective is well.....who are we impressing with this consistency? there is no audience, but you clearly value it so I'll work with you on that.

the thing I don't get is why your so hurt over the consistency being violated? like its not as if I did anything personal to you, is it? like, is it insulting or offensive to you in some manner I can't yet comprehend? I'm a pretty chill person and don't really like holding people to uptight things, y'know. like the half the reason I'm playing freeform is because I can't really wrap my head around many systems of roleplaying, and thus do not have confidence in my ability to stay consistent with them and don't want to tick people off by failing to do so. nor do I care for becoming some super-consistent rules/setting person for the sake of another, I don't have the energy or time for that.

and while I can understand how this ruins your plans again, we have to remember the old roleplaying adage that "no plan survives contact with the players". I've had to throw away my plans for how Solitus saga would work when you teleported right to him, even throw away my plans to have him be the final foe people face because of you. I'm sad that this happened, but *shrug* its a casualty of roleplaying my dude. most plans you make simply get scrapped by the opening moves of the other players. if you wanted everything to go exactly according to you own plans without anyone interrupting....thats writing, not roleplaying. so....either find some way or accepting or your just not going to be very happy with how most things in roleplaying go, I'm sorry to say.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Look, I can relate.
    Like, I have created Snap, and I wanted to roleplay him, and tried for few weeks/month, just for Ing to tell.me, he doesn't know how to deal with him, and at this point, I stopped caring about the Verunian storyline.

I understand thos frustration.
    But have you read my idea in the spoiler?

- - - Updated - - -

Or.maybe before Trombone.. we can make something that the equalent for a movie? Something between Solitus to Tombone?

------
    My previouse Avater

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Or.maybe before Trombone.. we can make something that the equalent for a movie? Something between Solitus to Tombone?
    that could work.

lets see....is there some loose stuff around.....

aha! remember Massax, the Weirdboy? the ork based upon MasakoX and made evil mirror versions of Starlight and Vodkana? and how he teleported away to maybe return and do something again?

Well perhaps he could come back with something like.....a mirror planet with some grand evil plan of what-iffery and we can call it: Dragonball: Massax and the Planet of Mirrors

or another loose thing is the whole situation on planet Earth, with various human groups not being happy with foreign alien intervention. we can do something different with that, something less actiony but more societal where the enemy isn't some clear foe but rather an entire society of people being against against godlike alien ki users and whatnot, things like that. something more along the lines of a superman vs a lex luthor or a x-men vs. the public opinion kind of story.

or, we can do the classic "tournament arc" with all the current characters, no need for a villain per se, just a bunch of competitions that aren't your usual tournament but instead do different things, like say a giant form competition, a fusion competition, super speed foot races around the globe, like say....a Dragon Ball Olympics you could say.

Or.....we can just do something completely silly and stupid like, crossing over with Kirby, or somehow stumbling upon evil Kryptonians, or I dunno, fighting a planeswalker from Mt:G, or some strange magic that puts us into some wildly weird and different situation or something?

Or....I dunno....I can pull out some android 13 or cooler equivalent of the Unkillables being made by some other division of Deglargo Industries and you have to face bio-androids like....Cyan Grasshopper, Silver Mosquito, and Bronze Hornet. bit uncreative though, and I doubt Rater would like a bio-androids thing were Oxyribo isn't involved?

finally the laziest option would be to make some evil counterpart of Jade Refera and throw her at people out of nowhere. because thats what half the villains Goku faces are: evil versions of himself.

EDIT: or I can resurrect this old idea I had called "The World Destroyers Club", this club of planet destroyers who worship Beerus but aren't gods of destruction themselves that just go around destroying planets for sport while being completely posh gentlemen about it. foil to Vodkana and such.

any of these ideas sound good?
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-10-28 at 08:13 AM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Many of those sound great to me.
    Masakx could be relevant for devolping Bondlight more. She also supposed to be one of the dircetional Hakashins.

How Earth deal with super ki users is something I can work with. Especialy with Lucifer and Fenrir who zupposed to be the first King of earth. I actually have a very movie-dragonball-ish idea for this-

It hinted that the anector of King Furry, wished to be the world king..this actually was the whole.premise for Fenrir. So.. what if he go and does that?
    Does it mean everyone mind controled to obey him? How does it work?
    Maybe for many, it's anothet step too much- they were forced to unite by magic

It can't be this easy. Just an idea.

Dragon Ball olympic sound like a lots of fun.

Unkillables is something that could easily involve Vodkana, and I think it can speak to Oxy and his co.

World destroyer club sound like a fun as well.

------
    My previouse Avater

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

On World Government Wish:
    Well, I don't think its mind control exactly....that seems a little sinister for Toriyama. but Shenron WAS able to manipulate memories to wipe memories of Buu. but at the same time, its a known fact that King Furries family did this, so.....it can't be memory manipulation because then, people wouldn't remember them NOT being rulers.

so as far as the King Furry thing goes, I'm think Shenron just made an official looking palace in a place that seems world-ruling like, then changed a bunch of documents and uniforms and whatnot and so on, so that no one can really PROVE that these nations currently exist, and Furry has all the money necessary? like, all you legally prove is that the furries run a world government and that there used to be other nations, but you can't really say they exist now in a legal sense. at the same time, I doubt this world government truly singular. like modern nations that get that large have to delegate big portions of land to be ruled by representatives, there is no one way one ruler can effectively govern everything.

so in that sense, the world government would probably have a lot of mayors, representatives of this and that land and such while all answering to King Furry, and the military is united the world government, but all the representatives that King Furry probably meets with look suspiciously like meeting with diplomats at the United Nations? because Shenron is lazy and probably just went "yeah sure, okay, all these nations are now states of the world government ruled by you and no one can legally prove you aren't, bye."

so basically? Shenron burned the original documents then gave King Furry all the money and legal power. because if a bureaucracy can't find the file for something, it doesn't exist to them. so effectively, the world government could be there, but the politics behind it might not change as much as you'd think, because just because it exists doesn't mean the government wipes out the cultures under it or the geo-political realities of the situation. but yeah them being angry bout being forced to united by magic even if its not by mind control is kind of something to explore.

On Massax:
    cool. cool. if I were to be more detail about it, I'm thinking the planet of mirrors is something that massax just finds and uses to do some stupid mirror-and what-if obsessed plan involving amplifying his powers or whatever. just something fun and goofy probably, maybe looking into alternate possibilities, but it can't be TOO well-thought because he is an Ork, and he is stupid. don't expect teleporting right to him or blowing up the Mirror Planet to work though.

On Dragon Ball Olympics:
    I think it would be something like where what events we focus on would be the important matches and things we want to do rather than do the whole thing tediously, where we skip over unimportant matches and such so we can focus on what we want to see, instead of having a structure that could potentially lead to something boring. like if we want to see this or that event specifically we put as something to do, and everything else is background.

On World Ender's Club:
    I'll definitely have to figure out villains for that though, but I'm thinking the head of the club would be this high class lady who is smooth and cold in comparison to Vodkana and see Vodkana as some kind of heresy against the idea of destruction she has or something, while everyone else would each have their own methods of destruction and be connoisseurs of this or that method:
    member one: I like destroying planets by pushing them into suns, just love seeing the looks on their faces before the plasma burns them to cinders
    member two: I'm more of an implosion man myself hohoho....
    I would have a lot of fun coming up with ridiculous names for each the members like..."Cadswallow Killsbury" things like that.

overall, the latter three would be more fun and/or humorous but the humanity vs. supers one would be more deep and slow comic-book like.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

I think those are great ideas, but we need Rater to comment on it.
    And Ing comment on anytbing

------
    My previouse Avater

10. - Top - End - #280

Funny thing about the World Destroyers Club. I was thinking about the implications of an infamous Destroyer God being well-known throughout the known universe. The overwhelming majority attitude towards Beerus is basically "skrew that guy," but an unimaginably powerful, seemingly immortal guy who claims to be a deity, with tons of empirical evidence verifying his existence, would naturally lead to Destroyer Cults of innumerable variety. Some harmless, seeing the Destroyer as a reminder of their mortality, looking to Beerus as a source of inspiration and humility. Alternatively, a cult that seeks to improve the lives of both its members and those around them through positive works, which, naturally, includes cooking, if only to create a world Beerus may wish to spare from planetary annihilation.

Of course, more bloodthirsty and destructive cults exist, that seek enlightenment or salvation through annihilation. Perhaps they believe some transcendent truth exists through the act of hastening entropy. Perhaps they wish to do the work of the Destroyer God for Beerus, therefore sparing themselves or others the agony of destruction, by having it committed on THEIR terms.

So the idea of a Gentleman's Club of Planetary Annihilators definitely works. Though this creates complications, with how Apfel single-handedly broke the Celestial Bureaucracy, by pointing out that mortals have broken the Gods' monopolies on Creation and Destruction.

They have 3D-printed planets!

Also, the idea of anything called "Bronze Hornet" gives me the shivers.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2019-11-01 at 05:59 AM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

I mean its possible they'd consider Apfel's efforts to be heresy and be angry about that? But honestly, the idea is more that they just enjoy destroying planets for the sake of it just as much as they worship Beerus. Like the idea is if they're worshiping Beerus for the sake of destroying planets, then they were probably the kind of people who'd enjoy destroying planets without him existing anyways. like the other possibility is their reaction to 3d-printed planets is "Capital, if I do say so myself! MORE TO KILL AND DESTROY!" could be a mix of anger and joy. also idea: a villain based on D'arby from Jojo' Bizarre adventure that blows up planets when you lose to whatever game he is playing.

To be Honest, I don't have much of an idea for the hypothetical 1.5 Unkillables other than "these ones actually break free themselves and be a menace all on their own" so *shrug* gonna have to work on that if we want it, but I'm not seeing much interest in that, and I just threw it out there as possibility.

12. - Top - End - #282

Actually the idea I had with the World Ender's Club, was an invitation. Want to be destroying worlds on an official basis, with the sanction of Heaven? Depends how they react to losing some of their autonomy, and limiting their destructive urges to targets specified by a third party, possibly the Kais.

Also, I was just struck with an idea for the origin of the World Ender's Club.

Spoiler
    Show

Thousands of years ago, on the planet [insert planet here,] a prophecy was written, of the day and the hour until the end of the world. All of this prophet's predictions were reportedly completely accurate, so it had been assumed that this one would be, as well. Civilization developed on this world. Technology advanced, as did martial arts, and ki users, though not common, were far from unheard of. However, new scientific and rationalist theories developed, that put doubt as to the veracity of the prophet's prior claims. This only increased, as the day of the end of the world approached.

The world's wealthy elite, however, took no chances, and blasted themselves into high orbit, remaining there for months as they awaited the end of their homeworld. On the anointed day...nothing happened. No epic ecological disasters, no astronomical phenomena, no wayward world-annihilating ki-blast sailing through the cosmos for billions of years. It was just another day. While this was met with some relief, especially among the servants, the elites were not amused, and even became angry. As the last minutes of the day ticked by, in a fit of rage, one Lord, both politically powerful and an exceptionally strong ki-user, fired an energy wave onto the planet, itself. While he wasn't strong enough to fully annihilate the planet, the resulting firestorm that eradicated all life and civilization on the world fulfilled the prophecy at literally the last minute. Though the servants were horrified and heartbroken, the Lord's peers found the destruction breathtakingly beautiful. From then on, they styled themselves the aristocratic elite of the universe, training themselves to be world-annihilators, for their own enjoyment, while looking to Beerus the Destroyer as the model for their highest aspirations.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

....sure that origin can work.

as for invitation: hm. well the answer to that answer is, how would that be an arc if they accepted the offer to be controlled by kais? kind of ruins the point, doesn't it? that and from their point of view what enjoyment is there in destroying old boring planets or whatever? they don't just destroy planets, they do a bunch of twisted eccentric things in the process that they take enjoyment in, they make into some twisted game/art/sport. so I don't know what other answer you'd expect other than refusal of their offer even if they accept the Kais invite to meet unless your planning on playing a few of the members yourself?

anyways, it seems that World Enders Club and....Human Society? are the two strongest contenders right now. so. we want to narrow it down to just one or do them both in whatever order?

EDIT: given that this was posted six days ago and no one has any opinions on that, I'll just assume both sagas are good enough and use them both, but with the Earth Strikes Back Saga being first cause we just got a lot of space sagas, we should swing back to an Earth one to maintain balance.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-11-08 at 06:47 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Have we started the movie/arc thing?

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Well not technically. first....

there is the problem of Perfect Cell Junior and Onin. remember those guys? they aren't dealt with yet, and there is supposed to be a bit of a weeks timeskip involved in that. I can't just skip time forward, because the battle with Jade and Ixil is still happening. and Ing needs to respond more to get Ixil stuff done.

so......can't really get moving, this stuff with Yankar was just.....set up while Ing wasn't moving things along.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

I guess I'll wait.
    By the way, is there any chance I can use Snap for the movie-thing?

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    I guess I'll wait.
    By the way, is there any chance I can use Snap for the movie-thing?
    Sure. I'm not planning this out super-rigidly or anything, I basically had to come up with this out of nowhere, I'm not going to care as long as its fun.

18. - Top - End - #288

I was waiting for Rater, apologies for the wait. I'll get a post up soon-ish

19. - Top - End - #289

Who are we waiting on?

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

It seem we're waiting on Ing again.

so, what to do.....looks like I'm going to have to start reminding him more often.

21. - Top - End - #291

Diamond and Monesco were going to handle PCJ.

Diamond's been preparing for it basically since delargo ended excepting when Android 10 first popped up.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Diamond and Monesco were going to handle PCJ.

Diamond's been preparing for it basically since delargo ended excepting when Android 10 first popped up.
    I know. its just that Masala remembering that is a good excuse to teleport to New Plant, check up on them and be told that in character and maybe have a more interesting conversation than just waiting around for Jade in some room.

Edit: NOTICE: I will be gone from Friday to Sunday for three days for a family near-christmas thing, and will not be able to respond until then, just letting you know.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-12-19 at 10:49 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293

I'll get a post up later today.

24. - Top - End - #294

Primal One: Monesco's tribe didn't have legends about Super Saiyans. Instead, they have stories about Warriors who through long meditations on the moon have mastered the power of the Ozaru, being able to transform instantly into larger, faster, and stronger Great Ape forms without the need for moonlight and even draw upon the power of the Ozaru without Monesco's decision to Diamond led him to pursue the legend, and after a decade of training and meditation in a specially constructed synthetic blutzwave chamber, Monesco has achieved it. Monesco can transform into the Ozaru at will without needing a Full Moon or another source of Blutzwaves, having absorbed all he needs in the Blutzwave chamber. His great Ape form is one (giant) head taller than normal and is constructed more like a human body builder than an ape in terms of musculature and stance. It's twice as strong, fast, durable, and agile as a typical great ape of his power level. Monesco also doesn't change into a great ape automatically, only when he chooses to even when staring directly at the full moon. He rarely has a need to transform, however, as he's mastered it to the point that he can concentrate the Great Ape's power down into humanoid form. In this form, he grows a head taller and his muscles bulge out considerably. His power level is multiplied by ten, and his physical strength, speed, durability, and agility become almost twenty times what they'd normally be at his new power level as the power of the Great Ape is concentrated into a smaller vessel.
    Note: Monesco is not currently a great ape.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Note: Monesco is not currently a great ape.
    Apologies. I'll edit.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

is heaven again in action?
    If so, I guess Vodkana has something to do?

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

yeah, sure. though you don't really need to wait for me to give you to do things? you can just....do them. kinda wish people weren't just waiting on me.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

how much pages ago, should I read?
    since Solitus's defeat, I thought I have nothing to do

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

.....I might actually have something for you to do. one moment, I have a post to edit, my latest one. it is now edited.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-01-10 at 02:18 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Alright..
    I think I can reply. Just remind me, who is Monesco? And Cell Jr.?

Whaaaaat? (In a good way)

------
    My previouse Avater