New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: DragonBallITP OOC VI: The Asylum for Omnipotent Nutcases

Monseco is a Rater character, saiyan of some kind. not sure of much else, so hope he fills you in better than I.

Cell Jr. is from a future where Cell won, made a bunch of Cell Juniors, they formed rudimentary society while wiping all other races and started basing their society on ranks in duels in their own arena system but of course this particular one has identity issues from facing prospect that he was only slightly different from all the other Cell Juniors and his father decided to do something to try and be original by going to a completely different timeline to make his mark in some evil genocidal way but now is having doubts due to people-mostly Artic- pointing out the flaws in his reasoning and him being intelligent enough to realize they have a point but has his suspicions that turning good might be just another form of copying or conformity to someone else. real big on thinking for himself he is.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #302
    Colossus in the Playground

Monesco is a Saiyan from a tribal background who diamond saved the life of when they were children, prompting him to swear loyalty to Diamond and become his boyfriendbodyguard. He is the last of a tribe of black-tailed Saiyans and was the son of their war chief.

In his time working with Diamond, he's developed a martial art best described as a "style of no style" and has trained to master the great Ape transformation: He controls himself when he changes, doesn't change unless he wants to, his great ape form is physically bigger, faster, and stronger than most Saiyan's, and he's managed to, like the DBS version of Broly, gain the power of heeh great ape without transforming(though, like SSJ4 from Gt, this is by controlling it and compressing it down.)
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

"So, does anyone else have no idea what's going on or what will happen even minutes from now and that making plans might be completely and utterly pointless? Anyone considering that we might as well just embrace a form of passive nihilism where we just go with the flow because nothing matters?"
    Rater, please define what you mean by this.

Unpack. Be specific. I can't fix the problem if your going to act like this in character. What do you expect? how is this supposed to flow? What is the structure of how things are supposed to play out?

If its something I contradicted again, I'm sorry because this roleplay has been updating less often, there are massive gaps of months between something I did then and now and I don't always remember, I have things I do outside of this roleplay, and I can't expect to remember everything. do you value struggle or not? do you want characters to actually be complex and intelligent, able to change their mind and have inner conflicts, or do want them to be cardboard cutouts? do you want things ambiguous and able to go in multiple directions or not? I can't continue this until we have an agreement. I can't provide you the fun experience you want if you don't tell me what that is in full and do this passive-aggressive stuff that is near fourth-wall breaking.

if you want consistency, tell me what kind of consistency, what the rules of your consistency are, I'm fumbling in the dark to know what goes through your mind, because it feels like your expecting me to just know what you want without being communicated, its real confusing, I don't know what to do, and I feel like I'm failing you without knowing why, tell me whats going on here, because I'm just trying to do things and your not...responding to it. at least not in the way I expect and it makes indecisive because I don't how your going to react to anything. its really throwing me off.

because I know we're both autistic/aspergers syndrome, and that we're bad at communicating, so I'm not blaming you for this, I'm probably making another mistake and treading upon another social-game rule thats mysterious to me and need proper educating upon, but I can't help until I'm told what the problem is, because you seem to have a better memory of things now than me, so I can't really hold myself to that anymore unless you help me do that, I'm not a perfect being who can automatically know what you want or need here.

gonna have to give me something and its clear that a small correction isn't going to cut it anymore. I clearly need to make a major change in how I do this, but its not going to happen, if I don't know exactly what is needed to change.

4. - Top - End - #304

Mostly I'm just realizing that this is not the game to be planning thing's out in advance simply because it takes so long to get to them that whatever was planned doesn't end up happening.

I have no idea what's going on anymore and I'm honestly not sure if I should try and do anything because I don't know what other people are expecting to happen or are planning on.

I'm tempted to retire most of my characters and just have Android 10 as a nigh-omnipresent peanut gallery.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

Well....if thats the way you feel, I can't do anything about that. I'm sorry. Dragon Ball isn't really a good setting for.....a lot of things being consistent. at all. like on some level, its not something you take entirely seriously. sure there can be serious moments and when things get real, it can get really real, but the default mode of Dragon Ball is:
    "Hi I'm Akira Toriyama, former gag writer and person who plans absolutely nothing out so he can write by the seat of his pants, lets see what arc I can make out of martial arts, the last movie I seen, people with food puns for names and whatever convenient plot devices I can reuse today and possibly throwing in something from super sentai. Who's Launch again? Who cares, I'm gonna subvert something for no reason and have Goku take the win and everyone goes back to being happy a sunny peaceful earth with no problems."

like, lets face it, most of the darker stuff, sarcasm, logic and so I bring to this is just me thinking more deeply about this than Toriyama ever will. and as one player case proved, I'm probably not exactly the intended bright and happy tone people expect from Dragon Ball anyways. if we were really doing this 100% intended consistent Dragon Ball, Jade's whole responsibility and seriousness schtick wouldn't fly for the kind of comedy Dragon Ball does, Masala would be the irresponsible but lovable fighter in her place and much of the settings implications would be ignored.

Because if the realization that Dragon Ball and thus its world and roleplaying is an improvised mess that doesn't hold up to logic doesn't allow to do anything.....sorry, thats a realization I've had long ago and I don't let that stop me from having fun, so whatever fun your having I can't really help you with because its clearly not to your taste. I'd like it if you could feel different but what you feel is what you feel, and if the improvised way its done is not to your taste....well it just isn't. I don't think I can do anything about it, so I hope you find fun somewhere else if that is how its going to be.

like if I could change the rules of the roleplay to be more consistent, I'd probably more rigorously define the power levels in terms of tiers and such, not exact numbers, figure out what makes Dragonball combat Dragon Ball and try to design maybe one or two rules to fit, things like that, but your clearly not enjoying yourself and if nothing I can do can help with that....well I think its something you just have to figure out yourself, find joy wherever you can. don't let me stop you from doing whatever your comfortable with.

6. - Top - End - #306

Hugs for everyone.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Igor, Ing, question: are you two still willing to keep on playing? because this roleplay has been flagging and just kind of chugging along now, Rater thinks its dead, so I just want to see if you guys still think so and are still up to it or not, and if its not I'll just write something to give closure for myself, and I just to know if we're still doing this roleplay or not.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

I do.
    I just sort of lost the thread after Solitus's defeat.
    And from what I see vaguly, most of what left is tieing few nitty gritty details.

We wanted to make a short storyline for Rater's new-ish characters.
    So I am In.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Well to be honest, it sounds like Rater has left the roleplay? and I don't know where Ing is. so. its just you and me unless one of those two decide to speak up and actually post, rater's characters don't really matter all that much anymore.

so we don't technically HAVE to do those sagas. if we want we can just rap up our business here and time skip another ten years or so. it all depends on whether you want to do the Humanity Saga and World Ender's Club Sagas for their own sake rather than doing it for Rater. I'm fine with either skipping them or not skipping them, so it all depends on what you want.

10. - Top - End - #310

It's more that I figured that what I was wanting out of the game wasn't what anyone else was doing and decided to just retire most of my characters.

Android 10 would just be popping around serving as either a peanut gallery or a gag character.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

eh, so in conclusion what is going on?

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Well, whats going on is that PCJ and Onin are attacking Planet Plant. Jade sent a message to Vodkana about doing something to make them her sub-gods of destruction because I recall you wanting to do something along those lines for Onin at least, and since Rater doesn't want to fight them and is just being peanut gallery...while ing isn't here.....well...

do you want to say yes to said message, and like teleport there- remember that you have like that fake starlight and four kais to ask to teleport you there if you want- or do you just want me to warp this up my way and get tot he next arc/saga, and which should that be, as in which one are interested in doing next: Earth Arc, World Ender's Club Arc or timeskip to your Trombone Arc?

I don't what direction you choose, so long as we get moving.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-03-03 at 08:43 PM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

mmm, with Ing, gone, and Rater only half heartily in...
    I am not sure what to do.

Like, for example, Trombone Saga more or less is ready, with three acts with raising stakes and everything...
    But, like, I have planned a plotline about Vodkana, which also involve her being married to Hailing, assuming he will play him.
    And it was planned, also with Hawk in mind..

So, it's sort of just you and me?
    Even to the current storyline, it confuse me, how to aporach it

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

well if your confused enough that you can't pick a direction, then I don't see why I should burden you with the choice.

I'll just wrap Onin and PCJ up, then we can go do the Humanity/Earth Saga first then the World Ender's club saga to give you time to come up with alternate plans and time to think upon Trombone Saga so that you figure out something for it in case you still want to do it by the time they're both over.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

You know what? I dont want to miss Onin.
    I started lately to watch DBzA and had my muse back...
    I'll reply hopefully today.

Mmm.. about Trombone Saga, my biggest issue is the tournament part.
    Originally,I have imagined each of us displaying lots of fun characters, big and small, with an epic battle in the end, which will be impactful to characters who are close to Vodkana.
    Vodkana sort of have distanted herself from the others, so I mostly imagined Hailing and their kid.

The second act will probably also require redesign-
    I have imagined universe scale WAR.

With many fronts- heaven, Equestria, Earth, Arcos, with scary bosses,which Majin Buu is only one of them.
    Giving all players characters to shine, and have ridiculos new fun power ups.

Parallel to child hero group trying to do the begining of GT grimmly and darkly and fun.
    But with only 2 active players, and one sort of feel as guest...

I am not sure how to do it.

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

look, worst comes to worst, and you still haven't figured it out by the end of the World Ender's club Saga, we can timeskip and I can do my majin saga to give you more time and to better establish how things will be by then.

and hey its on them if they miss out. no matter the reason, its their loss.

and it can be epic no matter how few players there is, trust me on this. making something epic is all about style, thats it.

17. - Top - End - #317

I almost forgot since you look like an isekai protagonists wet dream those sick bastards.
    For future reference, please don't make jokes like that.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    For future reference, please don't make jokes like that.
    I will not, got it. Sorry that I went too far there.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

Hi everyone.

So, I have some explaining to do. A little over two years ago, my dad died, and it took a huge toll on me. For a while, I just dived into my hobbies and tried not to face the reality of the situation. But ... I wasn't having fun. And frankly, I think it showed. I took longer and longer to respond, until I just ... didn't. I kept thinking that I would reply tomorrow, so I didn't need to bother telling anyone. I didn't want to say that I was taking a break in light of my dad's death, partly because I thought I wasn't, and partly because that would, by necessity, involve talking about it. So one day I just ... disappeared.

It's been two years since I've been here, and I do want to get back into things ... if you'll still have me after this long. I really do apologize for leaving without notice.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2020-03-13 at 12:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

20. - Top - End - #320

*Hugs for Hawk*

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    *Hugs for Hawk*
    Thanks. It's difficult, you know? This is what I was doing when he died, so it still kinda reminds me of that.

Also, save the hugs for after the SARS-CoV-2 virus. =P
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

of course we will Hawk, death of someone like that is perfectly understandable. I was honestly wondering why you dropped off without a word, but thats super understandable

anyways, you missed a lot since you left. the Unkillables are on earth now, Kurumo and Solitus have...already been dealt with.... we're currently just trying to wrap things up with Cell junior and Onin. then we're gonna go into a less combat- focused arc called Human Society Saga, gonna be more society and down to earth focused, something different, not hectic, more social-focused do something different, like you planned with the uh.....Earth First Coalition? yeah kind of based on that. I even plan on putting Jade on trial!

23. - Top - End - #323

Most of my characters are currently semi-retired because of planning conflicts but I've got a smol adorable child with "whatever's funniest" levels of power serving as a peanut gallery and acting in social scenes.

In fight scenes, she eats mooks or drains power from raid bosses.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

Remind me who Onin is? And which Unkillables are on Earth? Are they there as liberated allies or as enemies? What's happened ever since we visited their HQ?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Remind me who Onin is? And which Unkillables are on Earth? Are they there as liberated allies or as enemies? What's happened ever since we visited their HQ?
    Onin is the ancient legendary super saiyan who is trying to kill the rest of saiyans because he believes they are just as dangerous as himself when they go super saiyan, since he was the one who destroyed Sadala in reaction to the saiyan he loved dying to some accident.

Unkillables are liberated allies, and uh....pretty much all of them at this point, all in Shining City, I just haven't been doing much with them because they're out of focus. though Crystal Firefly is probably establishing some base elsewhere to keep the full genetic potential of the bio-androids regulated as one of the terms of them being liberated is that they were modified to be mortal and their reproductive cycle is altered so that its unable to flood the universe with bio-androids real quickly.

their "HQ" is blown up. Deglargo Industries got destroyed in the ensuing battle, Deglargo himself is dead- no wait, double dead, he along with three other minor villains no seemed to care about after Solitus's soul was destroyed all got killed by Grey Spider to make sure loose ends got tied up. the other three were Val-Kagra, Meta-Tuffle and Lagerin.

Kurumo is still alive, but he is imprisoned in a hell for his crimes. so is Spoon, but his hell is more of a holding cell until the kais can work out how to punish him permanently with Vodkana who was conflicted about it and Oxyribo was arguing to kill him at the time, so he was imprisoned temporarily to make sure they didn't come to blows over it, but now that Rater isn't really playing Oxy now, a conclusion on that might be done.

also I forgot to tell you: Jade rescued Beryl from some aliens who kidnapped her along with an alien child of same race and Magnus from Wh40k, Jade then had to fake losing to an alien warlord because of socio-political reasons to prevent a race of gero-level geniuses from one day trying to conquer the universe, but given Ing hasn't posted in a while, I'm not sure how important that is anymore, also the Jade and her crew had to fight them without ki the entire time because of anti-ki tech that won't be used again so....*shrug* that happened.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Unkillables are liberated allies, and uh....pretty much all of them at this point, all in Shining City, I just haven't been doing much with them because they're out of focus. though Crystal Firefly is probably establishing some base elsewhere to keep the full genetic potential of the bio-androids regulated as one of the terms of them being liberated is that they were modified to be mortal and their reproductive cycle is altered so that its unable to flood the universe with bio-androids real quickly.
    Which one is the one who's a mix of all of the PCs? And what happened to the super-powerful ones from the future?

My plan was that Starlight was knocked out because Princess Luna had to warn her about some sort of major upcoming threat, causing Starlight to have to train with her in the dream realm (in a hyperbolic sort of manner).
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

Which one is the one who's a mix of all of the PCs? And what happened to the super-powerful ones from the future?

My plan was that Starlight was knocked out because Princess Luna had to warn her about some sort of major upcoming threat, causing Starlight to have to train with her in the dream realm (in a hyperbolic sort of manner).
    Purple Moth is the combination of all the PCs about the time of Hailing's defeat except Masala, yes. I believe it was Jade, Beryl Vodkana, Starlight, Apfel, and Hailing himself? oh and Trombone Jr for the Namekian DNA, but not anyone else?.....yeah those are the six she is made of, had to recheck that. yeah she is on Earth, still sad as ever. should probably make a post updating what the Unkillables situation is.

as for Grey Ant? well it is destroyed because it was basically Yellow Queen 2.0 but refined to not have a personality or a soul beyond its programming, basically a hollow husk that all the bio-androids would've become if Deglargo were smarter about making sure their bio-androids didn't have a mind beyond their programming. it was destroyed in a combination attack, Yellow Queen is still alive though, but she getting modified to not be able to pull off the same overpowered shenanigans during that fight, that was a near grey-goo scenario there.

and yeah that could work. I might've forgotten where the Shenron is, as well as what happened to the Metalmen who assisted with Jade in rescuing Beryl so we can just say that the Metalmen are taking the Shenron back to Planet Plant with an unconscious Starlight to solve three problems in one. (apologies if I actually did solve those other two problems and am causing a continuity error).

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, I'll probably have Starlight stop to visit Purple Moth first and foremost. Where is she right now, and what's she doing?

Also, who or what is Fakelight?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I'll probably have Starlight stop to visit Purple Moth first and foremost. Where is she right now, and what's she doing?

Also, who or what is Fakelight?
    In Shining City, on Earth, the place Max Banders built

Okay remember how I made a stupid evil James Bond parody of Starlight aka Bondlight through an ork weirdboy named Massax that is technically a warp construct? and y'know how Vodkana for some reason took her in as a companion and leaned on her when everyone was angry at Vodkana for eating at a cannibal restaurant? well since then that construct has been gaining sentience and sapience and becoming more real somehow because thats how igor wanted to play it. thats who they are.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

Welcome back Hawk.

Bondlight, is nourished to turn into a Hakaishin, Vodkana is working in full system of Hakaishins.
    Back to buisness anyway!

------
    My previouse Avater