New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: DragonBallITP OOC VI: The Asylum for Omnipotent Nutcases

Spoiler: Raz
    Show
    Question, are we still going forward with the EFC's spat with Deglargo, and their temporal cold war? What's the status of the temporal quarantine?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Wow. This brilliant begining Raziere.
    Are you planning to involve the Hakai Bureau in this, or should I focus on my Earth characters?

And is there any sign for Ing?
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Spoiler: Raz
    Show
    Question, are we still going forward with the EFC's spat with Deglargo, and their temporal cold war? What's the status of the temporal quarantine?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't do anything with that since I didn't want to update something that you were very involved in and thus have to miss in the interim, thus we can have it wherever it is or supposed to be.

temporal quarantine.....that...some form of law to like.....outlaw time travel, right? in this time or was it the future?sorry I think I completely forgot about this. I think we'll to just say its wherever it works for what you have in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Wow. This brilliant begining Raziere.
    Are you planning to involve the Hakai Bureau in this, or should I focus on my Earth characters?

And is there any sign for Ing?
    thank you.
    well some of Jade's crimes they're going to bring up is assaulting Spoon, assaulting Vodkana twice and kidnapping Vodkana when she was a minor while they were on Earth so......if you want Vodkana to be there at the trial to be a witness, probably going to be at least a little involved.

I'll PM Ing to let them know a new saga has started, I'll move forward regardless- but if it causes him to come in with Apfel to do his politics thing in a saga full of it, great.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you.
    Also, if Ing around or isn't influence Vodkana and the Trombone Arc quite a lot.

------
    My previouse Avater

5. - Top - End - #335
    Colossus in the Playground

How does a government that didn't exist at the time have jurisdiction over things that happened before it formed?

And the assault on Spoon and "kidnapping" Vodkana, if I remember correctly, happened when they invaded a sovereign city-state so even if it was a crime it would be Oxy City's case, not this Government that didn't even exist at the time.

So why would Jade go along with it? It's obvious overreach and corruption.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    How does a government that didn't exist at the time have jurisdiction over things that happened before it formed?

And the assault on Spoon and "kidnapping" Vodkana, if I remember correctly, happened when they invaded a sovereign city-state so even if it was a crime it would be Oxy City's case, not this Government that didn't even exist at the time.

So why would Jade go along with it? It's obvious overreach and corruption.
    I mean its only some of the crimes we could argue about, and why argue about out of character when there is going to be court talking about the VERY ISSUES you just raise? of course half the point of the trial will be figure out what crimes she can be judged by at all. this is very much a special case for more than one reason.

as for why Jade would go along with it:
    remember Hailing? how he thought he was above civilization and the rules? and how that wasn't okay well the logic is, if she doesn't stand trial for what she has done, wouldn't it be kind of hypocritical and thus be doing the same thing as him? especially when her current image of heroism is as someone who stood alongside Apfel who championed civilization mattering more than what a ki user can just sweep it aside. and unfortunately justice is more than just a personal thing, its something that society agrees upon applies to everyone, so shouldn't she be held to the same standard? if someone arrests her, shouldn't she be better than Hailing? and even if you say that is bull from an objective standard, the problem comes in is that its not objective: people have a subjective view of her, because society is full of subjective things that that may not match reality- if we can ever have a true view of it.

even if the situation is different, it looks the same and therefore Jade resisting arrest might in fact destroy her reputation, which while isn't too big of a deal for herself- she is a ki user who can matter materialize anything she needs and defeat anyone who comes by- she is also a big time celebrity in the galaxy now who has done various charity stuff and and other grass roots efforts to help people in it, since she doesn't need money herself she donates it all to people who do. a scandal that gets to the rest of the galaxy that she hypocritically resisted arrest when she stood against a ki user like Hailing who oppressed everyone beyond the rules who also resisted arrest could hurt those efforts. and between Oxy city, Shining City and Earth First Coalition, some people on Earth might actually have the technology to provide evidence of that and make a story out of it to the rest of the galaxy.

so its very much a "she has a good name and she uses that good name towards good ends, but if that good name is tarnished, well, that could hurt a lot of people indirectly" even if you don't accept the philosophical reason why, there is a practical reason as well. in short: she isn't supposed to be above the law, because no one is supposed to be, and acting as if she is now will only hurt the thing she has going for her. this saga is very much supposed to be a "superhero stands trial/deals with society in general" kind of thing and I kinda wanted to do this and I'm not best expert at this so please don't try to hold me to something completely accurate? thats just not something I can realistically do. I have limits, I'll try to do the best I can, and I believe that Jade isn't really the most law-abiding of people given what she was done in the past, but hey I could be wrong. this trial is just the beginning though, there is more than just this.

I do wish that you'd just wait for these questions to be answered naturally in character though, but I will answer regardless however you want them to be.

7. - Top - End - #337

I'm just saying, from where I'm sitting it seems like they don't actually have the right to arrest Jade and thus are the ones making themselves look bad for arresting her. Jade going along with it just makes her look stupid.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

I'm just saying, from where I'm sitting it seems like they don't actually have the right to arrest Jade and thus are the ones making themselves look bad for arresting her. Jade going along with it just makes her look stupid.
    yeah that was the risk of it, I guess? the question is, if its stupid of her go along with it, whats her alternative? she can't exactly do a violence on legitimate cops and probably reporters and such to be witnesses to what she does.

but then again, one can argue that getting a united government because of a wish on a dragon balls isn't and shouldn't be a legitimate form of government at all since its not done with the agreement of society. and Jade let Fenrir do that. so.....what can we consider legitimate about this?

like this is a government if she did not make happen, she at least allowed to happen because she made a wish to give ki use to Earth around the same time. so.... bit of a "actions coming back to bite her " kind of thing here
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-03-24 at 07:25 PM.

9. - Top - End - #339

I'm just saying, expect a mixture of threats and lampshade hanging from Android 10's commentary and a cameo of Oxy or Diamond watching and planning to invade if the obvious corruption isn't defeated.

Otherwise, I'm satisfied with those answers

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

I am in, just not sure how to reply.
    Does it happen right away, or with a slight timeskip?

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

I am in, just not sure how to reply.
    Does it happen right away, or with a slight timeskip?
    I mean jade herself is just going to try and find a place to set her own little school of martial arts on Earth before this happens. it wouldn't be something Jade would mind having others along with since everyone assumes its just relaxing and touring places to find a good place, so if you want Vodkana to come along you can just assume she texted vodkana or something to do that. and of course the arrest would start happening the moment the place is actually figured out and chosen and others can just contribute ideas to the location (the default assumption is that they just find someplace with a green field, sunny and open but you guys might find different places that might work and be more scenic to build the place)

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Personally, I'm wondering if there's gonna be another response from Purple Moth or that group of nobles.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

oh sorry. I'll respond then to those. I thought you were doing the ominous end thing with the nobles and that Purple moth was done, my bad.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-03-26 at 07:27 PM.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh hey, I just had the best idea. How would y'all feel about one of us being possessed by an evil alien parasite, Baby style?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

I mean I have entire lists of characters, many of which if possessed could be real worrying for one reason or another, what did you have in mind?

16. - Top - End - #346

Diamond super 17' himself, so Machine Mutants are in play.

(arguably if he wanted to he could do the parasite thing himself. He basically ate a feral Android already.)

Also, a Klyntar symbiote from Marvel Comics was in the Delargo basement, so alien parasites, in general, seem to be a thing.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

honestly I was just trying to throw weird at least vaguely horrifying stuff in that basement to try and throw people off or do something unusual, but I'm not good at suspense or anything like that so it didn't work. but that reminds me: Vodkana wanted saibamen as pets so it gave me the idea that Rilla could invent saibapets that are more cuddly and don't blow themselves up.

also don't expect these people in the Humanity Saga to be important by themselves, they're more like groups representing social strata of society, thats why I'm not naming them directly all that much, because this saga is more about the movement of groups and society than any singular person or their problems. I'm doing things differently here.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-03-27 at 12:13 AM.

18. - Top - End - #348

There was something like that in Dragonball online. Litte turtle like critters derived from Saibamen,

BTW, a bit off-topic but I edited my most recent post in the Naruto OOC a little while ago and I don't know if you saw.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I mean I have entire lists of characters, many of which if possessed could be real worrying for one reason or another, what did you have in mind?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, so you know that event at Hearthome Ridge Starry keeps referencing? Let's just say I was planning to have that finally bear fruit in a Baby-esque mini-invasion. And it would happen alongside Jade's trial. I have plans for the EFC in this as well as a third side, hostile to both sides. I plan for a lot of stuff to come to light during this arc.

Diamond super 17' himself, so Machine Mutants are in play.

(arguably if he wanted to he could do the parasite thing himself. He basically ate a feral Android already.)
    Wait. Wut?
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2020-03-27 at 12:47 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

20. - Top - End - #350

Diamond was able to start maturing because he used the Red Pants Army's data on the Machine Mutants, from GT, to create a techno-organic clone of himself with all of his memories which he then permanently fused with.

This is how Super 17 was formed in GT.

The Machine Mutants all possessed various means of absorbing technology: Super 17's fusion was based on the principle behind the ability, Giru ate the dragon radar to fuel his metabolism and gained the ability to sense the Dragon Balls as a side effect, and General Rildow was able to power himself up first by absorbing the remains of the mooks that Goku had killed and then by absorbing random scraps of metal was able to enhance himself to the pint that he basically became one with the planet.

In Dragon Ball Heroes, there exists a scenario where Super 17 uses this ability to absorb first Android 16, then a version of Super Perfect Cell.

In this game, one of the things encountered in the Delargo Depths was a failed attempt to make Bio-Androids: All of the power, but completely feral. Basically a violent animal.

Since Diamond and Poka couldn't put it down, Diamond used Machine-Mutant Absorption to eat it.

Note that this means that Diamond is theoretically immortal now and is a perfect blend of biology and technology.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-03-27 at 01:01 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    oh sorry. I'll respond then to those. I thought you were doing the ominous end thing with the nobles and that Purple moth was done, my bad.
    Well, ominous cut-to-commercial.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

TL;DR Shiny attack disappear into invisible portal that's not there.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

the scene on Keldas sound like fun...
    But who is Adam?

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #354

I've got nothing to add to the current scene at this.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

the scene on Keldas sound like fun...
    But who is Adam?
    Artificial human grown by a bunch of human-supremacy nutcases.

Had a crap couple of days, I'll try to post tomorrow.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

Illegal immigration to Earth from another timeline, Assaulting Yama Former Kami of Earth, Counterfeiting various goods from other timelines through matter materialization, assaulting Vodkana of Nyagato, assaulting Spoon of Nyagato, kidnapping Vodkana of Nyagato, destruction of Vodkana's property, theft of an alien spacecraft named "The Shenron", endangerment of Earth's existence and autonomy by giving away Earth's location to Hailing in a time of war, kidnapping Masala of the Majins, Impersonating the Kami of Earth, accomplice to a tyrant in establishing an illegitimate government through the Dragon Balls, counterfeiting the book entitled "Groundbreaking Science!" through the Dragon Balls, general vigilantism, and walking around Earth without proper identification."
    is there anything unlawful about Jade's actions that I potentially missed? if you remember anything I don't, please tell me this is the opportunity to call her out on it and I will add it to the list. the limitations are that the act must be on Earth, or have some logic for relating to Earth.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-04-11 at 12:57 AM.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

Reckless endangerment of the space-time continuum? Attempted mass-murder via disrupting the space-time continuum?

Also, does Fakelight look exactly like Starlight, or different?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, does Fakelight look exactly like Starlight, or different?
    Anyone....?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone....?
    Like I'm pretty sure due to the alterations that happened to get all....memetic, probably looks different by now, but I'm not sure, Igor for some reason hasn't responded. though to be fair, she used to be bondlight and literally have james bond clothes so....always intended to look different just to be visually distinguished between them.

@ Rater: I can see the current situation going down one of two routes without messing everything up:

either Jade decides that this is discussion is getting too heated and dangerous for the mortals and pulls a cosplay ninja trick where she replaces herself and everyone else with a multiform clone to trick Banton into taking the clones to court instead, thus providing a measure of protection against what screw over Ten thinks is going to happen.

or Jade breaks the cuffs, explains to Banton that Ten is too dangerous to talk to, give him a red C-Phone for them to contact her to work out a more neutral court to settle this, then gets Masala to teleport them away harmlessly and turns to Ten to tell her that she isn't sure if she should bring Ten near any populated areas if she is going to threaten normal people just as she would ki users.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-04-15 at 08:49 PM.

30. - Top - End - #360

Either works, I'll leave which one up to you, but I do have a question I'd like ten to ask first.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks