New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: DragonBallITP OOC VI: The Asylum for Omnipotent Nutcases

Then I'll post one final attempt by Banton to explain things before having Jade act, you can respond and ask your question then its done.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Friendly reminder that Jade has a direct line to Princess Celestia, a pony who has direct experience in dealing with this kind of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #363
    Colossus in the Playground

Are the kind of people who charge someone with non-existent crimes in order to scape-goat them the kind that are willing to diplomacize with a talking horse from another planet?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

...wait, hawk, didn't you just say that Celestia is in a coma or something? but if shes not and your okay with it, I guess she can help as an ambassador, because thats essentially what she'll be. also the journal entry to her this might be....interesting.

also I wanted to actually examine Jade's actions to see if there was anything bad about them, not to have the attempt be rejected outright from the get go and be said to be invalid. I'm sorry if I chose the wrong way to do that. I thought it'd just be a fun examination or exploration of her actions kind of thing, but if your just going to dismiss as a villain plot, which I'm going to say now, I have no plans for? like if I were to say if its a plot devised by anyone, it be by people who actually believe in the system and other wise have no plans to get violent or anything like that. because I got other stuff planned after this, and not really connected to this specifically other than how this trials result gets shown to the public and what effects that have on other people. because I'll be honest, I don't have villains planned, this is more of "person vs. society" conflict. maybe some people in it are jerks/evil, but none that can be called supervillains or anything. basically a "see what happens when there isn't some supervillain around and we just have ki users dealing with current civilization" kind of thing. which can y'know, go horribly wrong but I'm trying not to let it. if there is going to be fights its going to be because we screwed up and less superhero action and more riots and bloody rebellion/revolution because the situation is destabilizing. like maybe there might be a fight with Yankar about something, I'm not sure, I just have a bunch of political/social factions ideas for this and not much else. again, I didn't plan this out, this is one of the two spare sagas I'm just throwing in, so if not as well planed.....there you go.

Hawk is of course allowed to whatever with their characters to include the superhero kind of stuff anyways. I'm just not personally doing that this saga.

(that and after all the moralizing and calling people out on their actions Jade has done over the years, I think its only fair that people call her out on her actions back sometimes)
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-04-16 at 05:45 PM.

5. - Top - End - #365

...Yeah, having a bunch o world leaders decide to scapegoat jade by charging her with non-existent crimes that are dependant on interpreting everything she does in the worst possible light probably wasn't the best way to go about that.

Especially since... That thing I had Ten say about the law not mattering becuase it's just a concept and it can't really apply to powered people? And that what really matters, in that case, is whether or not the people with power are helping or hurting?

That's not Android 10's philosophy. I got that from Spider-Man.

Of course, when he explained it the cop who was being a jackass realized he was a jackass.

The way you've presented this story is that a corrupt government is acting corrupt, so that's how I responded.

A philosophical debate would have been more effective for what you're going for.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    ...wait, hawk, didn't you just say that Celestia is in a coma or something? but if shes not and your okay with it, I guess she can help as an ambassador, because thats essentially what she'll be. also the journal entry to her this might be....interesting.
    No, she's awake, just a bit weak still and being kept out of the public eye so as not to cause a panic. In fact, I think she would quite appreciate a visit.

Also, I'm confused. I thought these charges were technically valid, even if most of them would be thrown out under Good Samaritan laws?
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

7. - Top - End - #367

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Also, I'm confused. I thought these charges were technically valid, even if most of them would be thrown out under Good Samaritan laws?
    Vodkana and spoon were introduced by invading Oxy City.

Jade is being charged with assaulting them during this time...

Which was before the Government formed, and thus is outside of their jurisdiction.

And they did it without consulting the ruler of the state it took place in.

Realistically, Oxy should be able to port over, point out that their doing this behind his back is a violation of his sovereignty(since several of those crimes happened within his borders) and then give the ultimatum of dropping the charges against Jade or his immediate secession which would then be followed by giving Jade full amnesty, meaning these people can't come after her without first committing an act of War against Ox's country.

Of course, this is dragon ball. Realism was never its strong suit.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Of course, this is dragon ball. Realism was never its strong suit.
    He says while playing a character pointing out the legal realism the most.

so how to proceed from here....

-go to Celestia while waiting for the World Assembly's response?
    -how WA reacts to the news, probably important?

question is, how do we explain Oxyribo not knowing about all this? cause I was under the impression that Oxyribo was a figurehead and made a council to make the laws for him and therefore the WA wouldn't know how he defines it or whatever and that he just never showed up to the meetings because a representative of Oxy City would go for him, but your saying he does have power which isn't a figurehead. so...... what do?

9. - Top - End - #369

The council he established runs the everyday stuff but he has the final say on pretty much everything, which is something he established becuase they were Bronze Age when we found them and he didn't want to Counsel becoming a new group of Tyrants becuase well, that's basically how it went in the Bronze age.

It's not something he exercises regularly but... Like the reason he wasn't around during the time I wasn't playing, we decided on, was that he was busy running his city.

I would assume it's as the cop said: The World Assembly did it behind Oxy's back becuase they think he's a murderous tyrant.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

...Yeah, having a bunch o world leaders decide to scapegoat jade by charging her with non-existent crimes that are dependant on interpreting everything she does in the worst possible light probably wasn't the best way to go about that.
    I keep going back and forth on whether to include a Gero invention to explain how they'd know about all this in first place, but since it would look into the past, it would only introduce more inconsistency if they could find evidence for other stuff but for whatever reason didn't look to do that. I'm sure you can come up with better examples than me why that'd be a bad idea.

11. - Top - End - #371

Yeah, even if it was just for this thing... If the people are corrupt they'll see that they're wrong and ignore it. Otherwise, this doesn't happen in the first place.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

By the way, we're only five posts away from page 50 then we'll have to make a new IC thread, any ideas for a new title for it?

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

Return of the Princess King?
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2020-04-20 at 03:22 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

I want to suggest "Jade's Bizarre Adventure" but I'm afraid it'd be self-indulgent of me

its too early to say "My Cosplay Academia", unfortunately.

Maybe "A Tale Of Two Androids" for the A Tale of Two Cities reference

maybe "Now With Filler Arcs Like Real Anime"

"Regicide Solves Everything"

"Yellow Bug Threatens Authorities! Again!" to reference another thread.

and aaaaagh, the latest Oxyribo response has gotten me all unsure of what to do again, he is a character so frustrating to roleplay with, because he never seems affected by anything or willing to play along with anything. its like trying to interact with brick walls, why should I even bother if nothing interesting is going to happen because Oxy keeps shutting it down? because at this rate, I might as well just stop this and an engineer something more philosophical discussion like anyways in a way that Oxy can't interfere with, because he's already made up his mind so there is no point to asking him. hawk your the one who wanted Jade to experience consequences or whatever right? what do you want to do, because this is probably just going to keep going without Oxyribo ever stopping, and I don't see the point in playing this out if its just going to be Oxy-stonewalled from the get-go.

15. - Top - End - #375

...Look, I'm just reacting to this in a way that feels natural.

You're within your rights to have the assembly refuse to back down and insist on charging Jade, in which case we proceed as normal except with a grumpy bug sitting there being vaguely intimidating and making sarcastic comments.

Off the top of my head, the fact that Jade told the World assembly about his "worst-case scenario we can just overthrow the world government and take over" thing basically undermines his entire position and more than justifies them ignoring everything he says while making it seems like he's the aggressor if he takes steps towards war over this, basically forcing him to not do anything aggressive unless they write off the Government as a lost cause.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-04-20 at 04:42 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, basically ... once the Equestrian threat invades, I plan to have the EFC intervene with their own plan that's dangerous, immoral, and needs to be stopped, but also only exists because of Jade's actions. Remember those test tubes I mentioned in the EFC lab? My intention was to convey that these experiments are a direct result of Jade's attempts to uplift humanity without a proper social revolution.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

...Look, I'm just reacting to this in a way that feels natural.

You're within your rights to have the assembly refuse to back down and insist on charging Jade, in which case we proceed as normal except with a grumpy bug sitting there being vaguely intimidating and making sarcastic comments.
    its really hard to tell when his comments are serious, sarcastic, threatening or what-have-you, because Oxyribo threatening people seems to have become some personal meme in my brain that I can't get out. and its not just that, its that he has logical points, its just his logic leads to many conclusions that I can't see anyone else in the universe being comfortable with or agreeing with. like I can't imagine Oxyribo ordering food at a restaurant, because I keep thinking he would threaten the waiter to make sure the food is perfect or he won't pay won't full price and give the restaurant a bad review after yelling at the manager.

but then again, Oxyribo seems a pretty intense person, maybe its just my bias against intense people in general and the fact that I have yet to come up with a social situation where he doesn't feel the need to threaten someone. and it does make sense that he would be bad at talking to most people, given that most people don't have his power, stubbornness or particular background- I'd imagine most normal people simply wouldn't understand how he looks at the world simply because they will never be able to experience it and he doesn't really understand how most people see the world because he is too powerful to grasp why they do what they do or feel what they feel. and that the main reason Jade is able to talk to him is because she's experienced both the worlds of a normal person and powerful ki user, which given the most other characters around, seems to be a rare thing.

like I imagine if you put a normal person in most ki-fighter situations they'd just be terrified out of their minds unless they're one of those people who find peace in higher causes and thus can be brave in the face of ki-induced death as long as they have something greater than themselves to die for. there is simply no other way for them to be courageous in the face of such a massive power gap. such people of course are mostly either soldiers, charity organization type people, 40k style fanatics of anything, or people with a similar mindset as Shirou Emiya. all of which are outliers.

okay, here goes nothing, gonna try to just....get on with this. then again, they WILL stop this if Fenrir tells them to since he's the actual ruler, so this might not happen anyways.

Edit: ah I see.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-04-20 at 07:12 PM.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

Pro gamer move, have Oxy visit Equestria with the group.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

also hawkflight can you better explain what specific event your referring to with the time travel endangerment and stuff? do you mean the time Berade caused a time rift, then threw an attack into it, which was things I wanted to happen to make Orkomajin 45 exist? or something else?

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

for this story, for now, I am taking more of a sideshow, and I am fine with it.
    Are we having also an Equestrian stroyline?

As for Trombone Saga, which I have more or less, planned, I want to share and discuss few things, so we can make it enjoyable and engaging to everyone.

-----
    It will start with a tournament.
    I have plans for this, wacky fights and tests and such.
    But.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRoQJ2A4wK0

and in short,I want to make it meaningful to any of you. Motivations and all that.

Second, I want to make a sidestory, with a young cast, (sort of like what we wanted GT to be? but with a grimdark twist)

----

name for thread?
    Game of blast throws?
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    for this story, for now, I am taking more of a sideshow, and I am fine with it.
    Are we having also an Equestrian stroyline?
    Yeah, though it'll bleed over to Earth pretty quickly.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, it seems no one can agree upon title. uuuh.

I think I got one. "Down to Earth" will do that since we need something and it seems the most fitting.

as for the factions of Earth, here is what I got so far:

“Anti-Jade” Factions:
    -Commonfolk
    -World Assembly
    -Extremists
    “Anti-Fenrir” Factions
    -Protesters
    -Extremists
    Anti Ki-User Factions
    -Labor Protesters
    -Segregationists
    -Extremists

Earth Isolationist Movement:
    These people simply don't want aliens and others around, believing that anyone not from Earth should go away, being afraid of them

Luddites:
    In this timeline, the luddites are empowered by ki and are much more dangerous, destroying factories because they want to go back to an earlier age where industry didn't make them obsolete while more educated ones use smuggled books from Shining City or Oxy City proclaiming environmentalist philosophy to justify destroying industry.

Queensjade:
    A group of rebels who believe that Jade would be the best ruler of Earth and that no one else will do, thinking that she will bring about a truly equal society where both ki users and normal people can live in peace.

Cult of the Supreme Organism:
    A cult that believes in Oxyribo as the ultimate example of genetics, social darwinism, the ubermensch mentality and wishes to receives his blessings by killing any they perceive as against him, believing that they will someday "ascend" to similar forms to become superior to all

The New Nobles:
    A group of ki users that believe they become the new nobility of the world and get rid of the old one, thinking they will be better than the old nobility and believes that Oxyribo and Jade will support them as they are inspired them

Yakuza:
    An organized criminal gang that use ki to abuse their power over common people, extorting, killing and so on with their ki abilities.

House of Gero:
    Attempts to solve current issues by application of various steam tech, mixed success

The Enlightened Bourgeois:
    Strongly believe in intellectual philosophy, empiricism and science, but don't believe that ki users hold up to their standards.

The Romantics:
    Want to learn more about the majesty of space, and want to enjoy life, even if they have outdated strange ideas about what they will find.

The Poor/Commonfolk:
    The most numerous group. Regard ki users, nobility, bourgeois as all the same, just wearing different hats while they languish in poverty trying to survive. At least them bourgeois and nobility can be stolen from back. Has some of the most ignorant ideas due to their lack of education, and will steal or do any crime they need to if chaos unfolds.

thats all I got, they're meant to simulate a lot of moving parts that is the chaos of this kind of era.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-04-22 at 12:41 AM.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I assume Fakelight isn't getting scanned after the teleportation? (She asked, with the air of a DM asking, "Are you sure?")

Earth Isolationist Movement:
    These people simply don't want aliens and others around, believing that anyone not from Earth should go away, being afraid of them.
    Do you mean the Earth First Coalition, or another group with similar motives?
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2020-04-22 at 12:39 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Do you mean the Earth First Coalition, or another group with similar motives?
    They can be apart of it, but I assume there are people who don't have the resources or power, but still hold the same views.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

Fakelight probably will be scanned.
    She is scared but prepared to teleport away.
    She is too curiouse.

Hel is probably Earth separtist of sort

"Down to earth" sound good

I'll reply on a new thread
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

new IC thread has been post up, first ooc post edited for links, last post of mine edited to link to new thread.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

also hawkflight can you better explain what specific event your referring to with the time travel endangerment and stuff? do you mean the time Berade caused a time rift, then threw an attack into it, which was things I wanted to happen to make Orkomajin 45 exist? or something else?
    More like ... altering the past and changing the future? Which could be considered murder against those who will never be born thanks to these changes.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. I see.

That helps clarify how that will play out, thank you.

as a side note, I've been re-looking through my character sheets, because I think I've completely forgotten what the details of thee actual abilities of my characters are. like I know the general stuff, but the details I needed reminding of.

....also I was just reminded by looking back, A Referan Christmas is apparently canon given that Artic has a katchin power suit from it, and thus Masala has the power of Santa. should put that on the sheet. Hm. I think I finally have a direction for her to go.

Edit: also to clarify what Yankar's new ability is:

Super-Instinct: Keldasian Mimicry
    Yankar has trained enough to survive Keldas's environmental conditions of constant rapid movement and thus gained Improvement by forcing his body, mind and soul to adapt to the conditions, and thus now he improves at Keldasian's rate during battle, his power increasing rapidly by leaps and bounds to combat his foes.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-04-25 at 01:55 AM.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

Waaaait a minute, am I ruining this arc by introducing an action element? I know you said you wanted this arc to be a more calm one....

Super-Instinct: Keldasian Mimicry
    Yankar has trained enough to survive Keldas's environmental conditions of constant rapid movement and thus gained Improvement by forcing his body, mind and soul to adapt to the conditions, and thus now he improves at Keldasian's rate during battle, his power increasing rapidly by leaps and bounds to combat his foes.
    Sooo, funny story. That's what Adam's base abilities are meant to be. That's why Lord Maxwell and Dr. Briefs created him -- a super-soldier to defend humanity using nothing but Earth-based technology and human ingenuity.

Spoiler: MAAAAJOR SPOILER
    Show
    Their plan is to eventually make everyone like that.

I wonder how we can roll with this....
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2020-04-29 at 06:36 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

1. Yes its supposed to be calm, but your not ruining it- its going to be calm as long as its engaged on a social level. and thats what I'm focusing on. you can do action stuff if you want. just don't be surprised if that destabilizes things and shows the other side of the coin to society's function (namely, what happens when its breaks down) and the people when they go not-calm well.....well most people won't pose a threat to your per se, its more like they will riot or do something fearful or whatever regardless of how "logical" it actually is from a personal perspective. because like it or not, people in large numbers do things that seem incredibly illogical to a lone person viewing it from a distance. I myself cannot truly understand why say, people would react to something fearful by causing more chaotic things to happen when there are things that can stop them easily even if ki users aren't a thing, but they still do, and thus just apart of what happens when things go wrong.

or maybe I'm just taking a "Marvel/X-Men" interpretation about all this. either one. or to put it another way, the more the characters treat society as valuable, important and should be responsible about it, the more its a DC superhero story, and the more the characters treat society as corrupt, an enemy to endure or whatever the more its a Marvel superhero story where society isn't ideal and nor are the heroes. I'm focusing on the social effects, than personal or physical ones.

2. Interesting. but DBZ has a constant theme of "what ki feats you do with technology can be done with good ol' fashioned training" so....not out of place? *shrug*