New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: DragonBallITP OOC VI: The Asylum for Omnipotent Nutcases

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Gonna be completly honest, I have no idea what's going on anymore.
    The World Ender's Club has started a deadly game of attacking planets. they're completely unrepentantly evil. its as simple as can possibly be.

I realized that maybe I should start hinting at a wider plot that is above individual sagas. again, simple as can possibly be.

the only reason you don't know, is because your not paying attention, because you decided to stop some time ago, because I did something you didn't like, and thus decided to stop caring aside from being the peanut gallery and insisting on me making these filler arcs so you can play peanut gallery.....which you haven't been doing.

so.

...why should I continue heeding this desire to be a peanut gallery when it has proven a waste of time? If your not going to care don't bother posting, either care enough to participate in things and post, or don't, don't give me this wishy-washy "comment from the sidelines" thing. that isn't going to fly with me anymore, because its clearly not working.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #452
    Colossus in the Playground

I don't...

I'm sorry.

I retired Oxy and Poka because they aren't compatible with what you're trying to do, but...

I am legitimately having trouble following the individual course of events going on now, and if I can't follow it I can't really contribute.

Sorry.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

I don't...

I'm sorry.

I retired Oxy and Poka because they aren't compatible with what you're trying to do, but...

I am legitimately having trouble following the individual course of events going on now, and if I can't follow it I can't really contribute.

Sorry.
    What do you think I'm trying to do then? Don't give me an "aren't you supposed to know" answer, I want to hear what YOU think I'm doing.

4. - Top - End - #454

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    What do you think I'm trying to do then? Don't give me an "aren't you supposed to know" answer, I want to hear what YOU think I'm doing.
    The truth is I have no idea.

All I know is that the direct approach I was taking with my characters repeatedly drailed the stories you were trying to tell, there's clearly a case of things not fitting right, and honestly, part of me regrets coming back in when I was contacted about Oxy's reaction to the other bio-androids because I can't help but think I ruined things.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

The truth is I have no idea.

All I know is that the direct approach I was taking with my characters repeatedly drailed the stories you were trying to tell, there's clearly a case of things not fitting right, and honestly, part of me regrets coming back in when I was contacted about Oxy's reaction to the other bio-androids because I can't help but think I ruined things.
    ....honestly I have no idea either. I don't think you were wrong to take the directly approach its just that...I have may have been unconsciously letting my own expectations of how Dragon Ball goes get in way of what the players were doing. (I think- not know- it has to do with the DB' story structure: its very fight-focused but there is this lead up to the fight thats important: its like a competition, where the show intentionally hypes up the new foe before they get in the ring so to speak and the characters agonize and wonder over how to beat them, but that doesn't work in a Roleplay where the usual response to a foe is to fight them immediately see: anytime a DnD party comes across a monologuing villain. but I wasn't explicitly trying to do lead up and thought that any old slow moments would do and wasn't realizing what I was supposed to be communicating, in any case, I don't think it'll work even if I more explicitly communicate it)

when the job of roleplay is to adapt and change to what other players are doing. I guess I wasn't good enough at that and need to improve. so really I should've just allowed you to be direct and rolled with the punches. entirely my fault.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

I think it can be worked around.

Like in One Piece(yeah, again)
    Luffy is the kind of protagnist who just run forward- but something always stand in the way- maybe helping someone, or a henchman which he can't simply run around..
    sometimes there is block in a 'dungeon' form- a sentient forest, which try to slow him down and make him go lost.

of course, with flight, and teleportation stuff it's harder, but maybe we can work with it?

In my Trombone Saga, the main antgonist simply doesn't exist at the begining, like in the Buu saga
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

7. - Top - End - #457

I don't know how relevant it will be but Super Dragon Ball Heroes has established what Ultra Instinct Sign Looks like in various races.

Goku's slightly silvered and slightly restyled hair seems to b unique to Saiyans: Humans/Human form androids, Cell-Type Biondroids, Namekians, Frieza's Race, Kais, and Demons only get silver eyes with no change in hair or appearance.

Majins get blue eyes instead.

Kais, Frieza's race, Demons, and Bio-Androids all seem to keep their transformations/God-forms and apply Ultra Instinct on top of it, and Namekians, Majins, and Humans/Human-based androids might also do the same, which...

Which means that Ultra Instinct is the one thing that Saiyans seem to get the short end of the stick on. Goku's Ultra Instinct Forms have God Ki, but they don't seem to incorporate the traits of his Super Saiyan Forms.

Of course, their hair does change when no one else's does.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

Ooooh....do they actually give everyone Ultra Instinct? because if they do, that unfortunately means saiyans gonna get a new upgrade within two years tops to restore it back to Goku winning. If its just some demonstration that doesn't upgrade anybody, I mean that is still pushing it towards "ultra instinct bargain bin sale" status but not as bad. but yeah thats a sign Ultra Instinct is going to become old news sooner or later.

9. - Top - End - #459

Ooooh....do they actually give everyone Ultra Instinct? because if they do, that unfortunately means saiyans gonna get a new upgrade within two years tops to restore it back to Goku winning. If its just some demonstration that doesn't upgrade anybody, I mean that is still pushing it towards "ultra instinct bargain bin sale" status but not as bad. but yeah thats a sign Ultra Instinct is going to become old news sooner or later.
    It's only the Avatars—Basically, other than Goku and the angels the only people who can do it reliably is the protagonist of this one massively popular and regularly updating card battle game.

Though, Goku did gain the ability to access Ultra Instinct at will during the Moro Arc of the Super Manga, so... Yeah, I expect that it'll be replaced sometime soon.

Or he'll combine it with Super Saiyan or Kaioken.

I expect that this time next year we'll have a "mastered" Ultra Instinct version of the Heroes Avatars, so that's something to look forward to.

I'm expecting Glowing White members of Frieza's Race/Bio-androids and for the male Saiyans to have costume changes that involve taking their shirts off.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

Well,there are more things beside UI.

Like.. in the last chaptet Beerus promise (as tsundere as he can) to train Vegeta with a technique of the Hakaishin that hinted to be parallel to UI.

"Do you really think we destruction gods fight by staying calm?"
    Which I liked btw.
    Because Beeerus and the other hakaishins fail to master Ui in million yewrs while Goku sort of crush into it...

But in theory anything that has instincts can learn UI.

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #461

I'm not sure how relevant this is, since I'm not even sure if this game is still alive, but the last few chapters of the DB Super Manga have established that 1: Namekians are not native to either Universe 6 or Universe 7 and come from a different realm of existence altogether, 2: That there are other survivors other than Guru and Kami of the great calamity and there are populations of NAmekians on other planets, 3: That there's a third set of Dragonballs in Universe 7, and 4: Dragonballs aren't set at 7 per set, the third set we know about only has two balls but can still summon a dragon capable of granting a wish.

(Albeit one much smaller than Shenron or Porunga)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

well thats interesting. not sure what to do with it yet.

as for keeping the game alive well......what plot would be interested in? the only thing you expressed interest in actually doing are years away IC, and snarky sideline stuff won't do.

I get that I screwed up again with something during the Onin fight, but its been like a year since that happened, Rater. I've been doing my best to make sure a similar incident of inconsistency doesn't happen with Sounditp, and I wish I figure out something similar here so we can all enjoy the roleplay....I still have stories I want to tell in it. I don't like leaving things unfinished and Jade to me is a good character I want to keep playing.

13. - Top - End - #463

It's not that you screwed up, it's just that I... Got behind on the IC thread and when I try to catch up my eyes glaze over trying to figure out what's going on.

that's a me problem, not a you problem.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Bugbear in the Playground

*siren sounds*

What's this? A new challenger approaches!

Name: Forga
    Height: 135 cm
    Weight: 40 kg
    Species: Species name unknown; colloquially called Triceratops (due to a more than passing similarity to the Earth creature) or just "Trikes". (Physiology described below)
    Station: Interstellar vagrant

Description:
    As before mentioned, Forga resembles an anthropomorphic triceratops, with a distinctive headplate, short, blunt horns, and a bony, toothless beak. Her body is covered in rough, scaly skin, with her stubby limbs ending in three-fingered hands and three-toed feet. She wears a wrapped cloth around her body for modesty, but she doesn't seem to have met a tailor in a few centuries.

Personality:
    To be roleplayed in; general direction is "grandmotherly".

History:
    That's personal, and she's not likely to share it without coaxing.

Story So Far:
    Forga arrived on Trash Planet after an interstellar flight gone awry, and has yet to make an impact (beyond the obvious, Trike-shaped one).

Abilities:
    Trikes are unique among sapient species in that their bodies produce an energy best described as "anti-ki" (not to be confused with negative or evil ki). This energy annihilates ki and is in turn anihilated by it. Otherwise, for the most part, this energy behaves like ordinary ki, with one exception; the annihilation process also works in reverse, allowing a Trike to draw anti-ki from a donor, resulting in a mutually-beneficial exchange of energy.

Trikes do not require air to sustain themselves, and are resistant to the radiation and extreme temperatures of space, allowing them to travel interstellar distances without the aid of a spaceship. They do not, however, possess any natural ability to fly, often requiring them to be launched by an outside source (i.e. a planetary explosion) to achieve escape velocity, and therefore space travel. Once there, they have a minimal degree of control over their direction of travel; enough to ensure they don't inadvertently skim a planet, but not much else.

Forga herself has a fairly basic array of abilities, loosely equivalent to a human with basic training. Her physiology allows her limited creation powers, which she uses to create tiny worlds during her flights (which are invariably devastated when she lands, but they're good company while they last).

Other information:
    N/a
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-03-22 at 04:21 PM.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

Wow. Someone new!
    Welcome!

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #466

Thanks! Been trying to get back into the FFRP scene for a while now. I'm glad to see a thread like this one up.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-03-24 at 07:26 PM.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

I certainly am glad to.

I'm not sure how we're going to make a character of 100 PL work when we're way way past that but.....okay.

lets just hope the continuity isn't a problem.....

18. - Top - End - #468

Simple: she's Bulma/Dende/Krillin. Her job isn't really to fight, but more to be a supporting character that helps give the conflict context.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

So make sure powerful evil people ignore her for the most part, got it.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-03-24 at 10:07 PM.

20. - Top - End - #470

So make sure powerful evil people ignore her for the most part, got it.
    I didn't say that.

I mean, you read her bio, right? "Mutually beneficial energy transfer". That means there isn't necessarily an upper limit to how much she could empower someone... mix that with a suitably persuasive baddie, and things get interesting.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-03-24 at 10:24 PM.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

Persuasive baddies? uh.

Yeah the past villains I've all made because I'm the person who makes most of the villains for this roleplay pretty much, were the hammy crazy kind to reflect the ridiculous nature of evil people willing to destroy planets and black and white nature of the setting. they were charismatic in a manner, but in a blazing fire kind of way: they are so obvious and over the top and ridiculous in their evil that your either one of the people who will flock to them because your just as crazy or your sane like everyone else.

I was mostly talking about not attacking your character.

as for the anti-ki.....I will just assume that it works as you say it does somehow, even if I don't quite understand yet.

22. - Top - End - #472

Ah. Well, yeah... she's really not much of a fighter.

I think it's worth noting that said baddies don't really have to be manipulative, only persuasive. "Give me ki or I'll murder you" is a kind of persuasion still.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

23. - Top - End - #473

So, sorry to double post, but it looks like the main thread has kind of stalled out, and we might be able to get going again if we have sone kind of plan (or, if there is one, if we were all in on it). Any thoughts?

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

Ah sorry, I meant to post, will do so now.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

So to update: I've been thinking about making character sheets for the majins that will be used later, things like Citrine and the daughter of a makiaoshin who serves a foil to Vodkana are ideas that has been bouncing around in my head that I didn't know where to put so I figured, why not introduce them now? they didn't seem to be used for anything else. should probably make sheets for those to.

any ideas you guys have for this roleplay? anything fun you'd like to do? I'm always open to ideas.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

I owe you all a big apology.
    Even if the usual.
    I try to perfectionist on the Naruto Rp, and lately I feel worse.. and more anxiouse and tired so I keep saying to myself-
    'Tommorow I'll invest in it as it deserve"
    but wait.
    This is DB?
    Well.. it's on the same forum, so I feel like it isnt fair to reply here and not there...
    in general, other roleplays on giatip I became less active overall because of this guilt.
    Try to work through this stupidness...

----

I really like Raziere's villians.
    As for anti ki, I had ideas for this, for an arc I half heartly gave up on.
    As for fun ideas..
    I dont know really. I had meglamoniac idea for a war arc+tournament. But I dont think it will work...

I do like the current arc. Very fun

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

Cadswallow:
    Sure, that happens, Masala teleports away before she ever tries to absorb the attack, the planet goes flying, special beam goes through both Cadswallow's attack and his head, killing him stylishly, only having a split second to realize that he was fooled before being sent to the afterlife, and his attack, thrown.....well if you don't do anything it goes sailing off into space in a straight forever, probably until it dissipates from its radiation making it weaker over time.

If you got any media on like even a smartphone you'll probably hear Douglas and Barnum's announcements, the first, Douglas being a challenge if not to normal fight per se, the second sounding more like Barnum is deceiving people into supporting your cause for some reason. What will you do?
    it's for Cell.jr and Fakelight or the other Hakaishins?

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    it's for Cell.jr and Fakelight or the other Hakaishins?
    Yes.

Is there some other player or character this could possibly be directed at that I don't know about, igor? if so, I would like to hear of their existence. Ironsmith isn't playing a character that can confront them directly so I don't see how it'd be directed at them and the Referas are tied up in other things because Vodkana wanted to take care of it herself. so...

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

Well, mostly Vodkana has sent her Hakaishins and herself to diffrent places to deal with more threats on parallel...

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #480

Um, Raz... While Ivve admitted to having torule reading the last couple of pages, Android 10 has never actually used the word read, at least in the current Ic thread. Or made allusions to being a character in a roleplay... Unless i did it once and forgot about it.

when she says "there's so much going on that I lose track and my eyes glaze over and then when I can focus again moe stuff's happening," she's referring to trying to keep up with events as they happen, not to reading it.

It's an accurate description of my problem, enough that her apology is also my apology, but she wasn't making a fourth wall comment.

And no, you weren't overreacting. I just felt that Ten wondering if her presence is making the problem harder to solve is a reasonable reaction to the problem running away when it sees her.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks