New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: DragonBallITP OOC VI: The Asylum for Omnipotent Nutcases

Okay, sorry. I screwed up again. ugh.

I didn't want to actually do that and wanted to introduce Citrine as a recurring antagonist to Jade, so now what? I don't want you to feel as if doing nothing is the best of course of action for you. I never have. So. I'll have to delete my last post at least but what do about the post before it...?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #482
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Okay, sorry. I screwed up again. ugh.

I didn't want to actually do that and wanted to introduce Citrine as a recurring antagonist to Jade, so now what? I don't want you to feel as if doing nothing is the best of course of action for you. I never have. So. I'll have to delete my last post at least but what do about the post before it...?
    I mean, it's fine as is, its just...

This is hard. Why is this hard? I know the idea I want to express but I don't have the words to say it clearly.

I don't want the game to die if you still have stories to tell and I don't won't you to have to change your plans on my behalf.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I mean, it's fine as is, its just...

This is hard. Why is this hard? I know the idea I want to express but I don't have the words to say it clearly.

I don't want the game to die if you still have stories to tell and I don't won't you to have to change your plans on my behalf.
    I know I'm having the same problem myself. we're both socially awkward nerds, and unlike Sounditp the powers are all up in the air in terms of capabilities, which is causing more problems than solutions. I think we work better when things are laid out and hammered down in terms of detail so that we both understand them.

and another thing to consider is that roleplaying is an improvisational medium: I HAVE to change my plans. its apart of both being a player and a GM, you literally can't do roleplaying well without being able to roll with the punches. so being worried about that is kind of being worried about doing anything.

Edit: I think I have figured out a better way to respond. just let me edit my last post....
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-06-27 at 08:48 PM.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

I have edited my post to not be fourth-wall breaking just in case no one is checking.....

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

I thought Vodkana and Spoon went to the same place togwther? unless I have missed something?
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    I thought Vodkana and Spoon went to the same place togwther? unless I have missed something?
    Douglas Deathingway and Barnum Scamatrillion are on different planets. you sent Spoon to Barnum and Vodkana to Douglas. sorry, I guess I wasn't clear enough on the planetary locations. to be clear: one member, one planet, entire arc. I'm not putting multiple World-Ender Club members on the same planet.

7. - Top - End - #487

Don't read too much into what Android 10 is saying.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #488

So right now I'm thinking, on and off, of ways to make Android 10 a less problematic character.

She was created as a joke, and she's meant as a tag-along, but right now she's a bit too... At the pace we're going, she doesn't work and I don't want you to have to make major changes on my behalf.

Part of that means that she's getting really introspective really fast right now.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-08-18 at 12:17 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #489

...So, I probably should have asked this before posting. Sorry, I can be stupid sometimes.

I was under the impression that, since the Pineapple vs MK Vegeta scenes were posted under the "Jade" abnner that the scenes were happening in the same general area.

Did I overlook one moving away from the other?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    ...So, I probably should have asked this before posting. Sorry, I can be stupid sometimes.

I was under the impression that, since the Pineapple vs MK Vegeta scenes were posted under the "Jade" abnner that the scenes were happening in the same general area.

Did I overlook one moving away from the other?
    No they're still there, and your still watching I just forgot to make Pinappla and MK Vegeta do anything.

Edit: also do you want me to just do this on Earth, or somewhere else to simplfiy all this so we don't keep being confused by all these fights on different planets?
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-08-22 at 02:03 AM.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

Are you ok with me using lore from the late manga chapters to give more things for Vodkana and her Hakaishins to devolp?

I have calmed down some of my RP anxieties, I think I can do the Trombone arc if you are intrested.
    Maybe to scale it down?
    I planned it, when we had many players here, and I wanted to start it with a tournament and multi-front war, and a race for a set of mgcuffins. I planned specific foes for almost every major character we had then, including the Kaioshin character of Raziere that now I can't remember the name.

with a third act where we fight Trombone more less.

Does any part of it intrest you?

I can also think of something completly diffrent. I literally thought of Trombone YEARS ago.

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #492

Recently in Dragon Ball Super, the manga, Vegeta has been training with Beerus to become a God of Destruction.

Vegeta even has a "God of Destruction" form that he begins to access when, after learning how to fight as a Destroyer and generate Destruction energy, e's pushed past the point of even his SSGSS Evolved form where he becomes a proper God of Destruction and gains an ability he dubs "Ultra Ego," an equal and opposite of Ultra Instinct where he hones his conscious mind and base desires to their highest level, magnifying his power level and fighting ability as well as strengthening his Saiyan power at the cost of reawakening and magnifying his repressed bloodlust and desire for battle(to the pint of deliberately letting himself get hit so that he'll grow stronger later.)

Beerus describes this ability as how the Gods of Destruction "steal" Ultra Instinct from the Angels, to compensate for their difficulty in using the form themselves, and it doesn't have any of the drawbacks that Ultra Instinct does... But it's strongly implied that it's not as powerful as Perfected Ultra Instinct and it requires you to be in a destroyer's mindset.

I can't help but get the feeling that at some point, Goku and Vegeta are going to have to fuse again and, be the fusion Vegito or Gogeta, will end up in some kind of balanced hybrid form "where the Ego and the Instinct are both maximized and in perfect balance" or something like that and everybody is just going to either freakout or call bull****.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

1. Sure Igor you can use those late destruction things, why not.

2. Well, tell us the specific details Igor, and I think we can work out what we need to.

I'm mostly just not sure of how to proceed with this current arc and feel like I screwed up somewhere. I don't think I put in enough effort and wish that I could fix it so that it works better. it was supposed to be a bunch of card carrying light villains who you could just fight or easily see through their tricks but I think made a mistake by making any tricky villains in there at all, distracted from the point. I don't think I know how to do lighter faire kind of stuff. so if we could out the Trombone arc and get it going it might actually be a change of pace from what feels like I'm floundering.

@ Rater:
    Thing is, I don't think Jade would be real interested in either technique. She is too much of a planner to give herself over entirely to Ultra-Instinct, yet she is too humble and not focused on destruction to ever go for Ultra Ego. they're both extremes she'd distrust and kind of screw herself out of because of it, meaning its entirely possible that it screws over her progression to that level of power.

14. - Top - End - #494

I'm trying to figure out if the Cerealian Dragon Balls would exist in this timeline.

They can be used indefinitely and if you ask for something that they can't grant, they can grant the wish anyway if you're willing to pay a cost.

If they, or a similar set, exist, then a mini-arc of android 10 finding them and using a wish to "strip off the excess frills and be more stable" at the cost of most of her power level becomes an option.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

I do wonder what would happen if Shenron were aksed to make such a wish. But to be honest, I kind of hated this wish working at all

Well, if Solitus Arc were parallel to Cell Arc,
    Trombone arc is parallel to Buu arc. Scaled up I guess

Act I: The Tournament Of Twin Fists:
    It held once in a thousand years, from all over the galaxy.
    It's tournament of pairs. The Prize is a training session with the Kai Of War, who were sealed away, and can improve anyone's fighting abilities. (His power is over.. concept)

Act II: Suprisngly(?) The Neverending Rebellion has used the tournament as a distraction, and also caged the tournament.
    They also up to shengians to off some opponets/heroes. (probably Vodkana as well to my convience)
    and the winners will be away for a while.
    The Cross Namekian Clan and their allies would hunt for the seven seals(or dragon balls?) to release Trombone.

Act III: boss fight with Trombone, with an universal threat, and originally there supposed to be many fronts with his main allies, all over the universe, but maybe with so little players, to scale it down to a single boss fight.

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #496

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    @ Rater:
    Thing is, I don't think Jade would be real interested in either technique. She is too much of a planner to give herself over entirely to Ultra-Instinct, yet she is too humble and not focused on destruction to ever go for Ultra Ego. they're both extremes she'd distrust and kind of screw herself out of because of it, meaning its entirely possible that it screws over her progression to that level of power.
    If we wanna get Freudian for a moment: If there's an ultra instinct(IE: ID) and an Ultra Ego then there's probably an Ultra Superego.

Logic and Morals.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

@ Igor: I think that the multiple front still work to a degree. here is the thing: I have tons of heroic characters by now:
    Jade, Beryl, Pinappla, Masala, Flake, the U13 Supreme Kais, the Unkillables, Yankar

and Jade by the time of the timeskip is going to have opened a martial arts school and be training apprentices in her martial arts style, so even more people to protect the universe. we could still have an epic set piece here, it will just be us largely playing out half the sides of a battle.

@ Rater:
    Okay. though it would be a little weird, as both UI and UE would have basis in physical form, but this USE, that would deal with very abstract concepts- morality and logic normally are not very good at handling the fast pace of a battle. Now it could be its some super-hyper predictive logic thing, but if we also want to include the morality part, perhaps it kind of makes you transcend biology into a spirit form as well? because I can see UI and UE being similar due to dealing with the real world and the here and now in some manner, but USE by that logic would be the abstract one and therefore has the least physical effects when used as a technique (and they are all techniques, Masako confirmed it) or perhaps allow the spirit to leave the body to fight people physically better than the body. or if the spirit form is too out there, perhaps something else to with using ideals to fight?

a bit esoteric? yes. not fitting with the other two? a bit. but UE isn't exactly like UI and thats the entire point of it, so why not USE being even more different, since its the farthest thing from instinct?

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

I think it's what the Hakaishins TRY to posses, and if to judge by their tournament, I think Beerus have achiveved it to some degree.
    I'll even argue that at battle of gods, Beerus played at trying to use UI.
    His 'true' fighting style should be more straightforward and less DODGEy.

---

Ah. Cool
    I assumed by the way, Jade&Beryl would win, and be occupied with their training, so they can appear later with a powerup.
    But it could be any pair, prefferably, relativly main.
    ----
    I had idea, for two of Clarin's brothers, ancestor of Babidi who try to awaken Buu, a 'parody' of Rick from U 3, white changling queen, and army equipped by Lazo with 'Anti-ki' weaponry

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #499

I'm not sure I have anything to say right now. If I don't post in the next 24 hours feel free to move on without me.

I'm still paying attention though, so... I'll jump in when I think I can.

I'm still thinking of ways to "fix" Android 10.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #500

So, I still have nothing for the current scene, but...

What I'm thinking for Android 10 is that I'll send her to Cereal to use their dragon balls to fix the problems she's starting to have problems with, with the fact that this is an aberrant timeline covering up timeline issues, and after sacrificing the lion share of her power to guarantee the wish she'll en up as a "Saiyan with a quirk."

I've established that she, or at least the child she was based on, were Saiyan descended humans, so...

Stripping away the frills would...

Like, you know ho Mira is classified as a demon, but since he's composed of Saiyan and Earthling cells he has Saiyan biological traits? Something similar to that.

she'd end up becoming something that most closely resembled a sayain, but with cosmetic traits and minor quirks from the other things she's composed of.

I can start this mini-arc now, with the note that she thinks that the others can handle it and she feels she'd just get in the way right now, if that would be okay.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

Mira is a new oc? and congrats, raziere for the avatar

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

I just felt changing the avatar after so long just having the ronin. might change it to some Exalt though, or into non-naruto ninja. depends on what I feel like. Maybe figure out what I'd look like as a Red/Black/Blue planeswalker or something. maybe I'll go back to the ronin in an updated capacity, who knows?

sorry I was so lazy with my latest post in Dragon Ball, thats what I get for not posting for so long.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

its fine.
    I am not sure my post was the best thing ever, I kept pushing away, waiting for the perfect inspartion.. consistency even if a slow one is better.
    after all, we are still here.
    and that something.

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #504

Rye mostly exists so that this plot isn't just a couple posts of Android 10 running around alone, but she'll probably stick around after the fact.

I've got the mental image of her as a sarcastic straight man to Android 10's antics.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

I dont know this will be fun for you, but prophet Spoon, is stumbling his way to Arcos, he has a bit of an akward teleport ability based on mirror shards.
    Though, I don't have a specific idea, what can he add there.

------
    My previouse Avater

26. - Top - End - #506

As an aside regarding planet Cereal.

According to the most recent chapter of the Super Manga, the Frieza Force invaded planet Cereal about three years after Frieza destroyed planet Vegeta(the timeframe is given as "forty years ago" and Planet Vegeta was destroyed 43 years before the year that the current arc takes place in, according to the official timeline.)

And according to the sole surviving Cerealian Namekian, Bardock(who Granolah had earlier had a nightmare/flashback about being confronted by in great Ape form) savaed Granolah rather than being part of the invasion force.

So... Either Bardock survived the destruction of planet Vegeta or Xenoverse is canon.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #507

Spoiler: Rye
    Show
    Name: Rye
    Height/weight: Smol
    Species: Cerealian.
    Station: Vengence Minded Orphan.
    Spoiler: Appearance
    Show
    Child with long, messy teal hair, wearing a tattered robe, with one teal eye and one red eye that lacks a distinct pupil.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Rye is jaded, Snarky, and a bit too willing to engage in violence.

Spoiler: History
    Show
    Rye is the only survivor of a village on Cereal that was destroyed by Space Pirates who came to the planet to try and find the Cerealian Dragon Balls.

After fleeing the ruins of her village, she spent some time living with the Cerealian Namekians, but left them after learning about the dragon balls from them. she spent the next six months working to find the Two Star Cerelian Dragon Ball in a quest for revenge on the Space Pirates.

Then she ran into Android 10 and got bundled up in the eldritch android's nonsense. She never stood a chance.

Spoiler: Story So Far:
    Show
    Coincidentally ran into Android 10 while the other child was searching for the Cerealian Dragon Balls, then shot her when Android 10 ran away with the ball that Rye managed to find.

She then made an informal agreement with Android 10 trading the ball for killing the Space Pirates.

Spoiler: Abilities
    Show
    Rye has a power level of 5 and limited ability to use Ki.

Evolved Left Eye: As a Cerealian, Rye has a highly evolved left eye that allows her to see with incredible precision from extreme distances and pick up on minute details such as the flow of blood within a body, the twitching of muscles, or structural weaknesses within a body or object.

Sniping: As a Cerealian, Rye is very, very good at hitting a target accurately from a far distance. Throwing stones, a bow and arrow, a sling, a slingshot, or a gun, if its a ranged weapon she can hit you with it.
    Spoiler: Other
    Show
    Rye carries a laser pistol that she stole from the Space Pirates as she fled her village.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #508

Posting mostly so we don't lose the thread.

As of the latest Xenoverse update, a Sayan Future Warrior can become a Super Saiyan God... Despite Super Saiyan Blue and Super Saiyan SS Evolved already being forms you can get, kind of weird they went out of order.

And at this point I think that it's official: The Furue Warrior has mastered the techniques of literally every major character and most of the minor ones.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah its kind of strange that they took so long to update Xenoverse 2 with stuff like Kale and such.

the Dodge Ball Z short was perfect simply for Freeza learning that he died to Vegeta's son as if thats like, the most horrible thing in the universe. Cell could've twisted the knife even further and went "and really that Trunks from a different timeline so its not even his REAL son if you think about it, but the son of a different Vegeta that died in another timeline!"

I should really detail things like the majins I have planned. also maybe get some ideas of how to do Entropia better, figure out Kalzin and what to do with him, Citrine things like that. maybe figure out Orkomajin 45 better, that was a character that seemed like a good idea at the time but now I'm not sure what to do with her.

like there is just a lot of things I have planned that need some better thought put into them. and I think Sounditp and my more organized approach to it has messed up the more improvised and freeflowing approach I've been doing with this roleplay before that. so I might have to figure out how to do this again or a in a new way that works that doesn't result in problems.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

I think, that I at least guilty if being obssesed with world building...

and it's isnt the point in DB.

------
    My previouse Avater