New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Question about Netflix

Quick question: How far in advance does Netflic announce new release? I ask because I plan on not renewing my Netflix account until a certain film comes to it. I'm just wondering if I could find out when that would be this far in advance.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Question about Netflix

I'm not sure if Netflix says much ahead of time. But the "everything coming to and leaving Netflix" articles I've seen really only cover the next month. Though for Netflix original programming, they usually at least say if there will be more coming, but not when. A 3rd party movie though? Probably will only know a month ahead of time.

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    I'm not sure if Netflix says much ahead of time. But the "everything coming to and leaving Netflix" articles I've seen really only cover the next month. Though for Netflix original programming, they usually at least say if there will be more coming, but not when. A 3rd party movie though? Probably will only know a month ahead of time.
    The film in question is Antman and the Wasp. Infinity War came to Netflix in late December of last year. There's an approximate three month gap between the theatrical release of each film. So based on that logic...am I wrong to think sometime in March of this year?

I don't know - am I sounding crazy?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

According to this article, it comes out on Netflix at the end of this month.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by tomandtish View Post
    According to this article, it comes out on Netflix at the end of this month.
    What?! Is this true? I watched this video like the day it came out:

...and it mentioned nothing about that. Could someone who has Netflix post back like February 1st (possibly sooner) and let me know if it's true?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Really, Netflix's announcements of new shows/movies is pretty inconsistent. Sometimes they announce them months in advance, sometimes they don't announce it until a few days before, or even on the day of it's release (see: The Cloverfield Paradox).

Last I heard, Ant-Man and the Wasp is being released on January 29th. And The Incredibles 2 comes out the day after. I liked both of those movies, so I made sure to write that down when I first read it.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    Really, Netflix's announcements of new shows/movies is pretty inconsistent. Sometimes they announce them months in advance, sometimes they don't announce it until a few days before, or even on the day of it's release (see: The Cloverfield Paradox).

Last I heard, Ant-Man and the Wasp is being released on January 29th. And The Incredibles 2 comes out the day after. I liked both of those movies, so I made sure to write that down when I first read it.
    Well kindly let me/us know. I'd really appreciate it.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    What?! Is this true? I watched this video like the day it came out:

...and it mentioned nothing about that. Could someone who has Netflix post back like February 1st (possibly sooner) and let me know if it's true?

There are a few possible reasons for it not being in the video....

They weren't certain of the release date at the time it was made.

They felt it wouldn't be a big enough hit for them and chose to fill it with other items.

They are choosing to not advertise the MCU as much since they are losing it. (my pick)

Ant Man and the Wasp will be the last MCU movie to have a streaming debut on Netflix. Starting with Captain Marvel, all MCU movies will stream on the new Disney plus. I can see Netflix deciding that they aren't throwing a lot of advertising at product that they aren't going to have all that much longer.

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

9. - Top - End - #9

There are a few possible reasons for it not being in the video....

They weren't certain of the release date at the time it was made.

They felt it wouldn't be a big enough hit for them and chose to fill it with other items.

They are choosing to not advertise the MCU as much since they are losing it. (my pick)

Ant Man and the Wasp will be the last MCU movie to have a streaming debut on Netflix. Starting with Captain Marvel, all MCU movies will stream on the new Disney plus. I can see Netflix deciding that they aren't throwing a lot of advertising at product that they aren't going to have all that much longer.
    But they included Infinity War in the video Netflix put out for new releases in December of 2018.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

If you are subscribing to Netflix primarily for one movie, have you considered not subscribing at all and just buying/renting that movie individually? You can rent Ant-Man and the Wasp for $5 on Google Play or Amazon Video, and probably other stores too.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

But they included Infinity War in the video Netflix put out for new releases in December of 2018.
    True. but I did say "as much". End game was a much bigger movie than Antman and the Wasp, so they probably felt they needed to advertise it.

And as 137ben said, just rent it. Cheaper than paying for a month of Netflix if all you want is the one movie. Heck, with the new Netflix price increase coming, you might be able to buy it cheaper in a month or two....

12. - Top - End - #12

And as 137ben said, just rent it. Cheaper than paying for a month of Netflix if all you want is the one movie. Heck, with the new Netflix price increase coming, you might be able to buy it cheaper in a month or two....
    It's not just ONE film. I have a method. I renew Netflix when several pieces of media (film or a new TV show season) comes to Netflix. I haven't seen Solo or Incredibles 2 yet. Plus I can rewatch Netflix originals I enjoy.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Well kindly let me/us know. I'd really appreciate it.
    Sure, no problem.

14. - Top - End - #14

Last I heard, Ant-Man and the Wasp is being released on January 29th.
    That's today! Can anyone verify if this is true?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just checked, it's there! I haven't seen it yet, so there's my evening plans sorted!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Confirming, Antman and the Wasp is now on Netflix.

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by JoshL View Post
    Just checked, it's there! I haven't seen it yet, so there's my evening plans sorted!
    Confirming, Antman and the Wasp is now on Netflix.
    YAY! Thank you very much!

No comes the real question: do I renew membership now, or wait until late February or early March? Because I saw what's new in February, nothing interests me, so do I wait another 30 days?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

The Mod Ogre

There once was a spambot from the Net
    Who pirated any post it could get
    It would find something germane
    And then say it again
    But a mod could catch them, you bet
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.