New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 92: Generosity, Love, Opportunity, Growth

[Island]

"I'll take it," Lucas says, holding out his hand.

Once Isaac gives it to him, he'll stuff the thing in his pocket.

"You don't put on magical rings until you get them identified," he says rather resolutely. "They might be cursed or something like the ones from Lord of the Rings."

That's just common knowledge, Isaac. Come on.

Magic items one oh one. Don't use anything until you're sure what it is.

Otherwise you probably end up cursed.

Once the ring is pocketed, Lucas reaches up to his head and runs his fingers through his hair, coming away with several strands-

-which are rather abruptly curly fibers of wool.

He gives them a good shake, and suddenly he's holding an old-fashioned torch! Light source in hand, he steps across the threshold...
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Island

Within the mound, the tunnel is lined with slabs of stone, same as the door, with more stone slabs holding up the ceiling. The floor is tiled with ceramic tiles, predominantly brown or grey. The tunnel descends quite sharply; there's a half-metre drop to every metre, and there's a very subtle leftwards twist to the tunnel. About ten metres in, there's a single wide tile covering a strip of floor. It's easy to step over it, and its dull green is reasonably conspicuous amongst the browns and greys of the others.

If it's not stepped over, it breaks quite easily, being not a tile but a large, thin jug filled with sleeping-gas which will billow out. There's a yellow tint to the gas, so even if the trap is triggered it's quite obvious that something has gone wrong.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

[Island]

"Yeah, I think putting on magic items if you don't know what they do is the first thing an adventurer shouldn't do."

Iknika takes point as they descend into the tunnel. She doesn't need the light from the torch, but it does help.

"Look out. I think it's a trap."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #34

In Search of a Fortress

Rath seems to accept the erosion of identity that comes with meeting your children's friend. Ah, yes, the uh... the cube. And the cool snake charm! It does this cool thing where it does not make any noise at 5am and thus it is Rath's favourite.

Well, you three have fun. I'll be back before dinner, hopefully have something nice for all of you. She says, smiling to Khannie before shouldering her crossbow and heading off.

Ok ok ok, now we gotta go c'mon! Olon will try and grab Khannie's hand and start pulling her toward the fort. Endok will bounce along happily. We got pets! You gotta see they're so cute!
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

[Island]

Isaac steps forward, stretching out his hands. For a moment a shimmer of light appears above the trap tile. A small barrier of force, invisible but able to keep pressure off the tile.
    ”Go now! And remind me to put it back up on the way out. If I tried to make it last more than half a minute I’d hulk out and break my neck on the ceiling.”
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #36

[In Search of a Fortress]

"I got a rock that's a window to a neat forest!" Khannie announces as Rath departs. "Bye!"

She waves with one hand-

-and then gets the other grabbed as she's hauled along.

"Can I put my sleeping bag and stuff somewhere first?" Khannie inquires as she's pulled down into the fort. She'll examine all the epic dwarven carvings as she goes.

Boy.

Some of the dwarves sure don't seem to like goblins very much.

Wonder why?

[Island]

"You really need to figure out how to use your magic without getting all elephanty," Lucas points out as he hops over the tile. The thing wasn't that big to begin with, after all. The force plank is a nice bit of safeguarding, though.

Thankfully Lucas manages to avoid bashing his head on the ceiling when he jumps.

Once on the other side he'll hold his torch so the details of the floor can be seen easily. His friends might not be as sure footed as he is, since they aren't sheep goat cat things.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Island

That's the only trap in the barrow, at least in this shaft. There's not that much further to go before it ends, the tunnel opening out into a larger, round chamber. The walls and ceiling are stone, but stone that was created by magically petrifying wood. The grain of the wood is still visible, since it hadn't been polished smooth beforehand.

Within the chamber are six stone tables, with a skeleton resting on each one. One table is in the middle, the other five around the edges of the room. The central skeleton looks human, with a bronze sword thrust into its rib cage and its skull positioned at its feet, the mouth gaping open around a stack of gold coins. The other five skeletons include the hoofed legs and horned skull of a minotaur, with a bronze axe resting next to the table; the crocodilian bones of a lizardperson, clutching a stone hammer and a bronze-rimmed shield propped against the bottom of the table. A tusked orc with a pair of bronze tulwars crossed under its back, the bones dressed in greaves, bracers, helmet and a breastplate with feminine sculpting, all made of more bronze. The remains of a triton, the skeleton a curious mix of fish and humanoid, with a bronze trident resting next to it. Finally, a gorgon's bones, serpentine below the waist and the skull anchoring a host of skeletal snakes, clasping a bow and a wooden quiver of arrows.

A haze of necromantic magic floats about the central skeleton, and the orc skeleton's breastplate is also enchanted, with durability and shaping magic, and an arrow-ward to deflect missiles. The breastplate should shape to fit whoever tries it, and serve at least as well as a steel one despite being bronze. A pearl carved into the shape of a fish will grant the ability to breathe underwater if it's held in the mouth; it rests amongst the shark-like teeth of the triton's skull. Finally, the sword impaling the skeleton has a random, shifting magical aura, much like the ring found on the sundial outside.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Kids and Bear]

"No, I say 'spirit' properly now," Tuskfang. Then, however, he pouts mightily. His fur bristles in a way that might look serious and indignant if he was bigger, but as it is just looks adorable. "I diiid. She said we don't have time for a pet. Even when Cern and Gwydion's parents said they'd get them a molerat."

[Elsewhere]

"Dealing with the mad scientist is our priority," Sophie says. "I convinced him I want to use his services, and he gave me three days to acquire a pair of wings he can graft onto me. I'll buy some in the Hunting Grounds. Hopefully I'll fool him long enough. Helping Sasha is a much more long-term and time-consuming task."
    [Kids and Bear]

Asher quickly hugs his pouting friend. "Scout, fish, meet us a-a-and be g-good!" He orders his bear, who nods and resumes trying to fish while Asher takes his friend's hand, wings perking up as an idea comes to mind. "Wh-Wh-What if I asked your mum f-f-for you? If w-we asked her real nice, a-and you showed you could be g-g-good with Scout, m-maybe she'll say yes? And I c-could help if you din't have time! Lessgo!"

And maybe see Cern and Gwydion later! Asher likes them too.

[Elsewhere]

Ruth nods once and prepares to follow Sasha. She'll go along with her. "I might not have wings like my son, but I compensate for it in other ways. If you do wish to fly, I might be able to help, a thought for later. For now, let's move along."
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

[Kids and Bear]

Tuskfang ponders this. Asher is very nice and very smart, so maybe together they can convince his mum. He sees no flaws with this plan.

"Okay! Maybe the two of us can change her mind. I don't know what kind of pet I'd want, though."

[Elsewhere]

"Alright, then," Sophie says. "We need to find Baccata and tell her we're heading off. Then we need to go to the Hunting Grounds and buy a pair of wings."

[Island]

Iknika quickly rushes past the trap and leads the brave adventuring party deeper inside.

"...wow, that's creepy," she says when they reach the round chamber. "Someone just killed them and left them here?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

[Island]

Isaac shakes his head.
    ”They could have built this place around the bodies. Either way there’s a ton of magic in here. Don’t touch anything.” He would hate if they touched something and the skeletons came to life and then they’d have to fight some skeleton warriors. Da da da da da da.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

[Kids and Bear]

Tuskfang ponders this. Asher is very nice and very smart, so maybe together they can convince his mum. He sees no flaws with this plan.

"Okay! Maybe the two of us can change her mind. I don't know what kind of pet I'd want, though."

[Elsewhere]

"Alright, then," Sophie says. "We need to find Baccata and tell her we're heading off. Then we need to go to the Hunting Grounds and buy a pair of wings."
    [Kids and Bear]

"Yay!" Asher squeaks as he starts to go back to his cabin and beg Reelshka really hard! "H-How about a w-w-wolf? Because you're a woblin! It'd f-f-fit." He declares without missing a beat.

[Elsewhere]

Ruth frowns a little. "Baccata. I've heard of that one, I sense malevolence in her tree. However, I trust you. Let's go find her." A pause as she thinks. "Will she be accompanying us?"
    Love is the message.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

[Kids and Bear]

Tuskfang seems unsure of it.

"Maybe. When we visited Endok and Olon in the fort underground they had a lot of cool-looking pets. Maybe I could get one of those."

[Elsewhere ==> Baccata's Yew]

"I don't know about her tree, but she does want to help," Sophie says as they walk. "She'll go with us, yes. We're going to need a few pairs of hands to clean up that laboratory. And in case of trouble."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Baccata's Yew

The tree watches as they approach, malevolence simmering deep within the yew's heartwood. It doesn't stir, however, the branches still and unmoving... Despite the breeze.

Baccata steps out from behind it, though she's just stepped out from the tree itself. She looks to be about nineteen, with skin the same shade as her yew's bark, dark green hair made of yew needles and wearing a red jumpsuit emblazoned with 'Vault L' on the back. "Hey, Sophie. Hi, somebody I've not met before. I'm Baccata, and that's my yew." Baccata doesn't have anywhere near as much malevolence or hostility as her yew, as she's far friendlier.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

[Kids and Bear]

Tuskfang seems unsure of it.

"Maybe. When we visited Endok and Olon in the fort underground they had a lot of cool-looking pets. Maybe I could get one of those."

[Elsewhere ==> Baccata's Yew]

"I don't know about her tree, but she does want to help," Sophie says as they walk. "She'll go with us, yes. We're going to need a few pairs of hands to clean up that laboratory. And in case of trouble."
    [Kids and Bear]

"W-Wh-Which ones? You could g-get a doggy too!" Asher suggests, his eyes gleaming. "A little friendly baby d-doggy, with a c-cute bark! Scout'd be g-gentle with h-him, promise!"

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Baccata's Yew

The tree watches as they approach, malevolence simmering deep within the yew's heartwood. It doesn't stir, however, the branches still and unmoving... Despite the breeze.

Baccata steps out from behind it, though she's just stepped out from the tree itself. She looks to be about nineteen, with skin the same shade as her yew's bark, dark green hair made of yew needles and wearing a red jumpsuit emblazoned with 'Vault L' on the back. "Hey, Sophie. Hi, somebody I've not met before. I'm Baccata, and that's my yew." Baccata doesn't have anywhere near as much malevolence or hostility as her yew, as she's far friendlier.
    Baccata's Yew

Ruth, being divinity (though she doesn't advertise it) senses what the tree's made of, and glares at it in that way that an onlooker could mistake for being milder than it's meant to be. The tree might be able to sense her high level of attunement to nature energy. If she wasn't keeping things in check, she could be causing flowers to grow in her path, or something. She means no threat to the tree, she just can't help but react at the malevolence contrasting with her benevolent aura.

When Baccata shows, however, she focuses on the dryad, smoothly transitioning to a friendly smile. She finds she quite likes dryads, being beings of nature, though their fey nature makes the concept of 'good' and 'evil' foreign to them. "Greetings, Baccata, I am called Ruth, it's nice to meet you and your yew."
    Love is the message.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

[Kids and Bear]

"They had big birds. And lizards. And bugs," Tuskfang says. "Let's go ask mom and then we can think what I could get." With that, he strolls back into the cabin. "Mooom. Can I have a pet, if Asher has a bear?"

Reelshka turns towards the two boys and just sighs heavily for now.

[Baccata's Yew]

"Ruth will also be helping me clear up that laboratory," Sophie says. "If you're ready, we can go now."

16. - Top - End - #46

[Island]

Lucas would prefer to avoid fighting skeletons if he can manage.

Reanimation is gross angel magic and he doesn't want anything to do with that nonsense if he can avoid it.

"Isn't this like what you're supposed to do to stop vampires from coming back?" he asks, pointing at the central skeleton. "Stick something through their hearts, chop off their head, and then stuff their mouth full of something?"

People disagree on what the something is.

Money?

Holy symbol?

Garlic?

Maybe it just needs to be big enough to pry their mouth open?

Lucas will look closer at the human skeleton. Do they have pointy fangs?

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Island Barrow

The human skeleton doesn't appear to have pointier fangs than normal, despite the haze of necromancy about its bones. It seems like a perfectly normal human skeleton, albeit one that has been thoroughly killed.

The other skeletons don't have that aura of necromancy about them, so should be safe to touch. Probably.

Baccata's Yew

The yew is made of wood, and bark, and the same things as other trees. That doesn't stop it being malevolent, however.

Baccata blinks a moment, tilting her head at Ruth. "That's unusual. You've got a very, very long time before your life-well empties. So does Sophie, but hers has been replenished by something outside her control. Yours is just... Naturally huge." She turns, looks at her tree. "I think I've got everything I need. I'll see you later, stay here. And stop ignoring the wind; you'll annoy somebody and get blown down." The tree shudders and groans, but does start swaying and moving in the wind. Baccata turns back and smiles. "So let's get going, yeah?"

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

[Kids and Bear]

"They had big birds. And lizards. And bugs," Tuskfang says. "Let's go ask mom and then we can think what I could get." With that, he strolls back into the cabin. "Mooom. Can I have a pet, if Asher has a bear?"

Reelshka turns towards the two boys and just sighs heavily for now.

[Baccata's Yew]

"Ruth will also be helping me clear up that laboratory," Sophie says. "If you're ready, we can go now."
    [Kids and Bear]

Asher quickly enters beside his friend, eyes still gleaming happily as he focuses more on his words than her sigh. "Like, a c-cuh-cute little puppy! I p-promise I'll help t-take care of him every day!"

Baccata's Yew

The yew is made of wood, and bark, and the same things as other trees. That doesn't stop it being malevolent, however.

Baccata blinks a moment, tilting her head at Ruth. "That's unusual. You've got a very, very long time before your life-well empties. So does Sophie, but hers has been replenished by something outside her control. Yours is just... Naturally huge." She turns, looks at her tree. "I think I've got everything I need. I'll see you later, stay here. And stop ignoring the wind; you'll annoy somebody and get blown down." The tree shudders and groans, but does start swaying and moving in the wind. Baccata turns back and smiles. "So let's get going, yeah?"
    [Baccata's Yew]

"Yes, I could tell the moment I saw Sophie again. My son and I are celestials, though we do not advertise the fact. Well-spotted." Ruth replies with a wider-than-usual smile. She notices Baccata and her tree relate, happy that the dryad is more reasonable than the tree, and nods when the girl joins them to leave. "Thank you for accompanying us in this quest. As a being of nature, I find that I like the company of dryads. Your tree, however, is not as friendly." She says as they start to leave.
    Love is the message.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

[Kids and Bear]

"I'm besieged on all sides," Reelshka says, breathing through her nose. "I suppose I knew this would happen when I saw your bear. And the dwarves' animals. I do hope you're serious about this, Asher. Since Pathfinder I won't exactly have a lot of spare time with two new babies to take care of."

[Baccata's Yew]

"Yes, well... I'm still getting used to being apparently made a demigoddess by a sun deity," Sophie says with a shrug. "But it is going to help us with what we're about to do. Our first stop is the settlement in the Hunting Grounds. We need a pair of wings that could feasibly be grafted onto me, in order to keep up the ruse long enough."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-02-05 at 05:27 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

Baccata's Yew

"I'm no more or less a natural creature than... Well, a random average human. Possibly less natural, actually, as I am distinctly super-natural." In the sense that she's entirely natural but capable of abilities that seem magical or use magical energies. But Baccata doesn't see herself as 'a being of nature'. "The Hunting Grounds? I've never been there before. What's it like?" She might like it, with all the death that takes place... Or she might not, since few of the deaths are permanent.

Approaching

A man stumbles this way! They walk awkwardly, with no bending of the knees, though it seems the stride has been adapted to work with this oddity. They're a young male human, with pale skin and shoulder-length blond hair. They are fairly short, and very slender. Their eyes are an icy blue, and they wear a pair of long jeans and a white t-shirt with the slogan 'Always be yourself, unless you can be a Pokemon. Then, always be a pokemon'. On their feet are a pair of trainers, with yellow laces.

21. - Top - End - #51

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post

"I got a rock that's a window to a neat forest!" Khannie announces as Rath departs. "Bye!"

She waves with one hand-

-and then gets the other grabbed as she's hauled along.

"Can I put my sleeping bag and stuff somewhere first?" Khannie inquires as she's pulled down into the fort. She'll examine all the epic dwarven carvings as she goes.

Boy.

Some of the dwarves sure don't seem to like goblins very much.

Wonder why?
    She'll notice that the dwarves tend to not like elves nearly as much as they don't like goblins. Humans - begrudgingly tolerated.

Kangaskhans are probably further down.

You can put it in our room. Endok tells her. There's tonnes of room in there and we got dad to drag in a spare bed. Dwarves do not have airbeds.

Olon will drag her down a few flights of stairs and along a corridor that she won't even have to duck in yet. The perks of being young! Eventually - after getting a couple of curious looks from the dwarves - she'll be brought to a closed door.

Ok ok ok, so, you have to be really careful ok? Cause they're still babies alright? Olon tells her with all the seriousness an 8 year old can muster.
    Last edited by billtodamax; 2019-02-05 at 08:54 AM.

Show

22. - Top - End - #52

Well, yeah.

Elves just prance around in trees instead of building cool fortresses.

Khannie is pretty sure elves are Grass-type humans. But she's only met one so far.

Once her stuff has been put away and she's been pulled through a sufficient number of corridors (older dwarves will be waved at) she now finds herself in front of a door!

A door that she has to be careful with!

Or at least careful with what's on the other side.

"What are they?" she whispers back. Because whispering seems like the right thing to be doing right now. "How careful? Can I touch them? Or should I just look at them?"

Probably shouldn't punch them. She's learned that humans and animals are WAY less resilient than pokemon.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

[Island Barrow]

Iknika is walking around the chamber now, examining it closely but taking care to watch where she steps and not touching anything.

"They must have had a reason. It means those skeletons are bad news, or the people who put them here are. Or both."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Memory Woods Hut

"For a bit," Magtok repeats skeptically, before begrudgingly putting his ray gun away. His hand is never far from the weapon, however, and his eyes are still watching Venmaunt for an excuse to dial his gun back up to murder. Hopefully that little scuffle was enough to dissuade Venmaunt from acting on those orders he mentioned, though. I mean, between the two cyborg brothers, the half-dragon would be easily carved to pieces in a hypothetical round two, and if he's got any sense at all, he should know that now, right? Swallowing his pride and conceding defeat here is the only way for him to get out of this alive.

"Needs, could you uh...stop being a weird leech eel thing? A lamprey or whatever that is?" Magtok isn't well-versed on weird jawless fish with mouths full of razors, apparently. When Needs shifts into a catfish instead, still frozen to the wall as his lamprey form was, Magtok just shrugs and moves on. That technically fulfills his request, I suppose. Good enough for now.
    He's clearly still thinking about it. Scenes of shattering Needs inside his icy prison, carving Magtok to pieces.
    Venmaunt's murderous look doesn't fade so much as coalesce into a clear hatred for everything Mag.

But one can at least work with hatred.
    "Thank your broken goddess for my restraint."
    There's a quiet mutter as he pulls himself away from the wall and Needs, a petty final word before he reclaims some form of dignity before everyone.

As he pulls himself back up into some shallow civility, courier Delilah rolls her eyes and crosses her arms across her chest.
    "Awesome. Now that we're done being children: what do you want, Magtok?"
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

25. - Top - End - #55

In Search of a Fortress

This question inspires deep thinking in Olon. You can pet 'em as long as you're careful. She eventually decides on. Ok ok, let's go look! Endok says, pushing past his sister to open the door and invite Khannie in. She'll see a fairly standard living room with a few chairs set up around a table, a couple cabinets set up along the wall and a couple of doors that lead deeper into the... house? Apartment?

She'll also likely notice a pair of animals on the table, currently squabbling with each other - a bat and what looks like an oversized sparrow. The bat is on its back flailing its wings at the sparrow who's flapping its wings as it dances on top of the bat. Olon and Endok spot them well enough and hurry over to separate them.

Show

26. - Top - End - #56

"I'll be really extra careful," Khannie replies with an affirmative nod.

And then-!

Huh.

Well.

That wasn't what she was expecting.

Not even a little bit.

She watches as the two dwarf children separate the...

Whatever they are.

"What are those?" Khannie asks, curiously. "Those are animals, right? Not pokemon?"

That's a super important distinction in her mind.

27. - Top - End - #57

In Search of a Fortress

This is Ator and he's a giant bat. Endok tells Khannie, holding the squirming bat in his hands. It eventually figures out what's going on and settles down into Endok's hands, splitting his attention between the bird and Khannie, this strange new person. And Bab's a giant cave swallow! Olon adds happily, petting the bird that's glaring at Ator.

They don't really understand the question!

Here look! Olon offers Bab to Khannie, who eventually breaks off from looking at Ator to give Khannie the once over. This was a weird lookin' dwarf.

Show

28. - Top - End - #58

Memory Woods Hut

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    As he pulls himself back up into some shallow civility, courier Delilah rolls her eyes and crosses her arms across her chest.
    "Awesome. Now that we're done being children: what do you want, Magtok?"
    Magtok finds a nice wall to lean against, before taking a moment to clear his throat and get his thoughts in order. What does he want? A very loaded question, that one. We have to take care not to say too much, because there's not a single person in this room we can trust. Aside from Needs, I mean. Delilah, Feia, and Venmaunt all don't know the full extent of how much Magtok does, and so long as they remain in the dark, there's a chance one of them might accidentally disclose something important they assumed Magtok already knew about.

"I'm still trying to figure that out, actually. An artifact she gave me led me here, following the trail of some old memories. I was going to just knock on the door and ask Ms. Feiadyne about those scattered recollections I witnessed, but then Needs...well, he acted like Needs," Magtok explains, more than happy to throw his catfish brother under the bus, present himself as the more reasonable of the two cyborgs. Truth be told, however, he's given quite a lot of thought to simply tearing out the old crone's throat, giving Needs the order to bisect Venmaunt, and using their blood to craft a portal to the Feia he's actually looking for. I mean, Momma's Boy is pretty blatantly aligned with the enemy; why shouldn't he have the mage knight carved to ribbons? Really, the only thing staying his hand right now is Delilah seems to know something he doesn't, and the withered old hag might be slightly more useful alive than dead, depending on her opinions regarding her Other.

"We've bumbled our way into crashing a very unusual party, haven't we?" He muses aloud, raising an eyebrow at the courier and the half-dragon. Obviously that pointed question isn't going to win him any points at all with Delilah, but he's past that now. There's no pleasing the Courier at this point. She might have a fragment of Libitina hanging from her neck, but it's clear they're never going to be able to get along. All of her plans went out the window the second Needs jumped through it, and she very cleary hates improvisation.

---

Needs understands that this is the part of the conflict where he keeps quiet and fades away into the background until he's needed again. He burbles quietly, his body catching fire with eldritch green flames that mean to burn all the magic out of the ice, until Needs can flop freely once more, rolling pathetically along the floor in search of a quiet, unoccupied corner of the room where he can silently gasp for air and mop up all the dirt and grime on the floor with his damp, mucous-coated body.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

[Kids and Bear]

"I'm besieged on all sides," Reelshka says, breathing through her nose. "I suppose I knew this would happen when I saw your bear. And the dwarves' animals. I do hope you're serious about this, Asher. Since Pathfinder I won't exactly have a lot of spare time with two new babies to take care of."

[Baccata's Yew]

"Yes, well... I'm still getting used to being apparently made a demigoddess by a sun deity," Sophie says with a shrug. "But it is going to help us with what we're about to do. Our first stop is the settlement in the Hunting Grounds. We need a pair of wings that could feasibly be grafted onto me, in order to keep up the ruse long enough."
    [Kids and Bear]

"Yaaaay!"
    Asher squeaks happily and bounces up and down on his feet. He'd fly but he knows enough not to do that indoors. "I p-promise, pinky p-promise!" And he really means it, too, especially since it'd give him the chance to play with an animal, and he spends a lot of time with Tuskfang anyway.

Baccata's Yew

"I'm no more or less a natural creature than... Well, a random average human. Possibly less natural, actually, as I am distinctly super-natural." In the sense that she's entirely natural but capable of abilities that seem magical or use magical energies. But Baccata doesn't see herself as 'a being of nature'. "The Hunting Grounds? I've never been there before. What's it like?" She might like it, with all the death that takes place... Or she might not, since few of the deaths are permanent.
    [Baccata's Yew]

"Perhaps I could help with all of those things, dear Sophie. I don't mean to make things too easy, but like you said, godlike power should be used to solidify our ruse. As a nature celestial, my aspect is light." Ruth makes some hand motions and creates wings of light, which self-sculpt and solidify until they'd fit Sophie perfectly. "It's temporary, but would this suffice?" She asks, smiling. "And Baccata, that makes you more than average."
    Love is the message.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

[Kids and Bear]

Reelshka runs her hand through her hair.

"I suppose there comes a time in every mother's life when she has to take a step back and relent."

Tuskfang squeaks happily and bounces along with Asher.

"Yaaay! But..." he stops and thinks. "Now I really gotta decide what I want."

"With my and your father's supervision," Reelshka adds.

[Baccata's Yew]

Sophie reaches out to try and touch the wings. She looks impressed but still concerned.

"It would save us a lot of time, certainly. Are you sure they can pass for real ones under a medical examination? Xeyal is unhinged, but clever and paranoid."