New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 92: Generosity, Love, Opportunity, Growth

[Teen Girls]

"No, Natalie, but via rockets, which is like a flying tower. And through spaceships, which... are also like flying towers." When Natalie mentions dragons or sphinxes, Karasu realizes why Natalie's so skeptical. She's also excited, because it means Natalie's seen such. "Dragons and sphinxes exist in your world? Cool, have you ever seen one? They're fictional creatures in my world... I think the largest flying creature is a turkey, or a giant bat. Nothing stopping airplanes or rockets from flying long distance but the elements." She pauses to think. "The closest we have to dragons are reptiles or sea-creatures who aren't as large, nor do they breathe fire."

She nods, agreeing with Iknika. "Yes, Natalie's the one for me, no doubt about it. I'd like to meet Brinika sometime, Asher seems to like her... but then he likes everyone. He's an angel, so of course he does. I'd especially like to see Pookie again."

She turns to Natalie. "Are you going to be joining any org in future, Talie? I'm thinking if I stay I could be useful in HALO. I have something of a mother-figure there."
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Orc in the Playground

Teen Girls

"I never really... thought about a boy, the way I think about girls." Is Natalie's contribution to one conversation.

"I saw a dragon once, briefly. It was a long way off, flying just over the horizon. Dad was worried, though. It... It was big. Don't know how big, don't know how far away it was, but it was definitely a dragon. Looked the same size as a wood pigeon five metres away, except it was miles and miles away. Sphinxes rarely visit Britain or other parts of north Europe; they prefer the Mediterranean. Not all dragons breathe fire, and not all dragons fly. Sea dragons breathe steam or freezing fog, they're also dangerous." And explain why Natalie isn't sure if her version of Earth even has an Australia.

"GLoG's helped me a lot, so I might formally join when I'm old enough, or I could join MERC or Vigil if the adventuring thing proves a success and I enjoy it." Currently that's a hypothetical, however, as adventuring is a theoretical practice for the group.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Daycare

"I guess we're members. We live here, after all." Originally they came as refugees, but they want to help out however they can. "What're you looking for? How can we help?" The young man looks over the children, as his sister stops paddling and heads out of the lake's shallows and up the bank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Hawthorn Cabin]

Honeysuckle pauses for a bit. That's pretty grim. Not really surprising, though.
    But then she's right back, saying "If there's anyone trying to kill you, lemme know, and I'll sort them out."

[Daycare]

Shan throws themself down the GIANT slide, zooming into the lake.

Torry remains nervously at the bottom, and waves at the young man, blinking a couple times.
    Daycare

"Okay. " he repleis. "I got these kids here for the daycare. I'm not really used to take care for them so if you can do it it would be a real help."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #1414

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Woods]

"No, I guess not." Domhnall mutters, folding his arms.
    "And it looks like your drone got whacked several times with a blunt object, hence why it's leaking its black guts everywhere. What kinda thing you experimentin' on about the well?" It's certainly magic. And he's had plenty of experience with people deciding to walk into nice peoples' forests and start poking things and/or leaking their gross fluids everywhere. Mostly hags and some particularly nasty sprites. But also orcs and various armies.
    "I live nearby." Domhnall almost wishes the thing's assailant would show up. He's not liking the tone of this entity.
    [Woods]

"You live nearby? Does that mean that you're affiliated with the well? Since it seems to have been, ah, misplaced relatively recently. Meaning it was drawn into the nexus. So it's not only the well itself that interest me but how the nexus drew it in and made it a part of itself. Don't you find that curious? Yet few seem to have tried investigating it." Jal idly wonders, far more curious about this phenomena than what happened to this 'drone' it seems.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Ogre in the Playground

[Woods]

Domhnall looks...confused.
    "Uh, no, but these woods are our home. So maybe I am? Frankly, I don't have a clue what it even is. So uh. I don't know how much I can help unless you wanna explain some things." Were there supposed to be people associated with it? Maybe it has some guardian that assaulted the 'drone.'
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Titan in the Playground

[Teen Girls]

"Brinika told me she and Cheasadh met a pink fox-dragon here at GLoG," Iknika says. "First time I've heard of anyone like that. But I've never seen a dragon either. Except in some of the comics Isaac got me, but that doesn't really count. But they must've existed on our homeworld at some point, because people dig up bones sometimes. There's a goblin colony whose boss has a dragon's skull over their throne."
    Last edited by Morty; 2020-05-19 at 01:57 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Orc in the Playground

Daycare

"I think we can do some childcare. Hey, guys. I'm Edward, this is my sister Anflaed. What's your names?" He looks the children over, at least he thinks they're children. One is clearly a child, albeit a feline one, but the other... is a little off. Presumably it's the immature form of whatever it is, or possibly just overexcited to be in the water.

Anflaed takes Shan's odd appearance in stride, she'd seen odder whilst in the holding pens of the Guild in Skyside. "Is that fun? I've not had a go down that, yet. It's a little scary, I thought." She smiles as she wades closer, though she's careful how deep she goes- she isn't wearing a swimming costume, and doesn't particularly want to go get changed.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Pixie in the Playground

[Teen Girls]

Karasu just listens and nods, all this talk of dragons exciting her, although it's a bummer that there's no one they can go and look for. "If any of you find one, call me so I can come see. I'd love to see a dragon, a good one if possible, bones are nothing like the real thing." It'd be super-cool!

"Considered GLoG, myself, but my skills are better utilized where both combat and medical expertise is needed. That means VIGIL, possibly, or HALO, for the soldier of my world currently in HALO will probably have left by the time I'm old enough. She has a family outside the Nexus, she's only here for a few years at the most." She's talking, of course, about Enitan. "I'm no military engineer, but perhaps my medical science expertise can be useful there."

"How about you, Iknika?" She asks bluntly.

Then she stretches and yawns. "We should retire for the night soon, Talie."
    Love is the message.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Orc in the Playground

Teen Girls

"I will, Karasu. I hope I don't see one, though. Unless it's, like, a Nexus dragon and not one from Earth. They're dangerous and nearly invincible." Probably not nearly invincible, actually, but they're hard to kill with the methods Natalie's world has developed. "If that dragon had turned towards the house, everyone would have tried to hide and hope it didn't decide it was hungry enough to dig us out. If it was, there'd be nothing we could do about it." Although chances are it would have preferred to go fly to the coast and tried to catch a whale or a leviathan.

"It might be an idea, yeah." Though Earl has no idea what time it is in this scene. He thought it started about midday, although I guess the girls had a nap in the afternoon.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Daycare]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "Okay. " he repleis. "I got these kids here for the daycare. I'm not really used to take care for them so if you can do it it would be a real help."
    "I think we can do some childcare. Hey, guys. I'm Edward, this is my sister Anflaed. What's your names?" He looks the children over, at least he thinks they're children. One is clearly a child, albeit a feline one, but the other... is a little off. Presumably it's the immature form of whatever it is, or possibly just overexcited to be in the water.

Anflaed takes Shan's odd appearance in stride, she'd seen odder whilst in the holding pens of the Guild in Skyside. "Is that fun? I've not had a go down that, yet. It's a little scary, I thought." She smiles as she wades closer, though she's careful how deep she goes- she isn't wearing a swimming costume, and doesn't particularly want to go get changed.
    "Oh, hello Edward and Anflaed." Torry says, his ears folded to the side.
    "Torry so Omiko." He points to himself.
    "Shan so Karutomiko. That's my quarter-sibling." He points to the strange kid in the pond.
    "Nice to meet you." He's not sure it is actually nice to meet them, but he's supposed to be polite.

Shan nods to Anflaed. "You go really fast. It's good." They're probably climbing back up the slide's ladder right at the moment.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2020-05-20 at 12:31 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Titan in the Playground

[Teen Girls]

Iknika's ears flick and dip downwards a little. She doesn't really have a solid plan beyond "be a knight". But she doesn't like to admit it.

"I haven't really thought much about it. A knight is supposed to fight for justice and fairness, so I guess Vigil? That's what they do. But maybe I'll serve some lord or lady instead. I don't think it'll be down at the colony, one way or the other. Goblins don't really have knights."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Pixie in the Playground

[Teen Girls]

((I assume the scene started in the afternoon, they had a nap for a few hours and went swimming until the sky darkened. Now they're talking with Iknika but it's dark enough for them to have some time walking and admiring the stars before going to bed.))

Karasu hugs Natalie. "I'm glad that didn't happen, or I'd never have met you. Wanna experience flying in an aircraft sometime? I can make it happen." Iknika's reaction doesn't escape Karasu, however. "I interned at VIGIL for a short while, met Commander Wenomir. He's a serious and humorless man, I quite like him." Only because she's quite serious as well, like Enitan, but not as humorless. "VIGIL is a good target to aim for pending your discovery of a lord or lady to serve." She suggests. "You could intern there too, if you want."

"We should go, Talie, we have training tomorrow and a date to prepare for. Nice meeting you, Iknika, I hope we can be friends, too." Unless of course, Natalie has another conversation topic to bring up. Maybe about novels, reading them's something the couple have in common after all.
    Love is the message.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Orc in the Playground

Teen Girls

Natalie hugs back, and grins. "I rather think I would, yes. Why, is that where you'll be taking me? In an aircraft?" She's got a jetpack, but it's bulky and her robin-shape is usually easier.

She turns to Iknika. "I'm a lady, Iknika. My grandfather was a baron. My brother should have that title now, I think." But she's not sure, as her brother didn't get the opportunity to flee to the Nexus like Natalie did and communication with him is hard and sporadic. She won't know for sure that he's not dead until his next letter arrives, but when that'll be she doesn't know. The only question she can think of is to ask if goblins have lords or ladies, because then they can have knights even if they weren't a goblin thing before Iknika. Natalie could outright change the subject, or she could save that for another time and go to bed now. Which sounds good, since she's planned quite a day tomorrow.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Titan in the Playground

[Teen Girls]

"Oh, yeah. Our friend Koshal studies under Wenomir. He really admires him." Iknika nods. "I've heard he's dour and humorless, but Koshal doesn't make him sound that way. Not sure why this is." When Natalie mentions being a lady, she tilts her head. "Are you? I didn't know that. You don't really need a knight guarding you though, with Karasu around."

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Pixie in the Playground

[Teen Girls]

"To the moon? No, just flying around, seeing the Nexus from inside an aircraft. I know you can already see it as a robin, but I thought you'd want the experience of flying in an aircraft without worrying about dragon attacks." Karasu replies, grinning back.

"I can imagine, that man has a lot of fans." Karasu replies to Iknika. "I've been described as dour and humourless as well, though I'm not as dour or humourless anymore thanks to my brother and Natalie's influence, so I guess it's a matter of perspective. Personally, I don't think being serious is a bad thing." She's still on the serious side, however, even though she's being more social now because of Iknika being Natalie's close friend.

She grins when Natalie brings up being a lady, remembering that thing they say to each other jokingly when one tells the other to do something. "Milady." She chuckles at their little in-joke. Iknika says what she wants to say next, though, and so she agrees and nods. "I'll be your knight, Talie." She says with a wink. "Or, she can be our knight. Is that possible, Iknika?"
    Love is the message.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Orc in the Playground

Teen Girls

"Yep. Mum was a baron's daughter." And died in a magical accident when Natalie was very young. "Dad was a knight, but he was a knight-scholar. He served the realm and the queen with his magic and teaching, not a sword and armour. I'm only vaguely a lady, really. No title, and the nearest hereditary title is low enough it barely counts." Still a lady, though. "I wasn't expecting the moon, Karasu. It's a long way away, and I don't think we have time to get there and back again in a few days." Natalie doesn't know how fast aircraft- and especially spacecraft- can be. She smiles at the comment of Karasu being her knight.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Titan in the Playground

[Teen Girls]

Iknika shrugs a little, her ears mimicking the motion.

"Maybe? I'm not too clear on the, like, legal aspects of being a knight. I'll figure it out once I've finished my training and can really call myself a knight. Probably ask Lady Eschelle... she's the one teaching me."

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Pixie in the Playground

[Teen Girls]

"Well, Talie, there are rockets designed to fly to the moon in a number of hours. We won't be taking that though, we'd need equipment to be able to breathe." As she explains, an idea dawns on her. "We could borrow Bro Mirai's own in Seaside and have a picnic date while on autopilot so we'd be able to see the Nexus from above."

She nods, keeping that in mind. "I have medical ninja training, so if you ever go on an adventure and get injured, I can help patch you up." Then she stretches. "Nice to meet you, Iknika, but we should be going. I want to walk around the campgrounds and look at the stars." Since the conversation seems to be winding down.

She'll say goodnight and lead Natalie out. "She's nice. I'd like to meet another of your friends tomorrow!"
    Love is the message.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Orc in the Playground

Teen Girls

"Rockets explode. I don't want to be in one of those." Her homeworld has fireworks and gunpowder, and rocket artillery, but not aeroplanes. Flying machines that ultimately explode are far more useful against hungry dragons than ones that don't explode when the dragon eats them.

"Goodnight, Iknika!" Natalie turns and waves, looping arms with Karasu as they leave. "That might be hard to arrange. Koshal is Wenomir's student, and his uncle is in MERC but I don't know where to find him, exactly." And Natalie, for one, doesn't usually carry a mobile phone. Because in order to use it as a receiver, she has to carry it with her, and not just teleport it to her when she needs it. And that means she's not checking the battery.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Titan in the Playground

[Teen Girls]

"It was nice to meet you too. Bye for now!" Once the other two girls leave, Iknika returns to her book.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Pixie in the Playground

[Teen Girls]

"There are different types of rockets, Talie! Transport rockets aren't weapons." She says, trying to calm her girlfriend down.

"Hmm... we'll figure something out, then." Karasu says, pulling Natalie close. "This has been the best day ever. I think I want to stay in the Nexus for good. I thought I could put my experiences her out of my mind, but... I'm happiest when I'm here, and people have noticed. I stayed away because wanted to move on, but now we're together again, I want to be able to see you whenever. I'll start making arrangements when this weekend is over... I'll still probably be freest on weekends, but this way I can come in the afternoons after ninja school as well."

She pulls Natalie in for a warm, intimate hug. "Let's go sit at the entrance of the quarters and look at the stars."
    Love is the message.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Orc in the Playground

Teen Girls

"And how are they supposed to land, if they don't explode?" Either way, Natalie is very glad they aren't going in a rocket. Maybe one day she'll be brave enough to risk it, but not today- or any time soon, most likely. She smiles as she's pulled close, and tries to hug Karasu back. "Today has been a very, very good day. Yes. Today has been the best day." She can't think of a better one, at least.

"Then I cannot wait until the weekends. Like, ever again. Sounds good to me, too." Natalie grins and follows, or walks with to keep the hug and closeness going.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Pixie in the Playground

[Teen Girls]

"There are mechanisms to allow for that..." Karasu says, but lets the topic slide for now. Of course she's hugged back, and they hold each other for quite a while.

Then they walk together, an arm around each other, and Karasu just enjoys the silence while holding her lover. When they get where they're going, however, she'll sit down so they can continue holding each other while looking at the stars. "It's a beautiful night. This is so perfect. We'll soon have to be going to sleep, but before that..." And then she kisses Natalie deeply.
    Love is the message.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Orc in the Playground

Teen Girls

Natalie kisses back, and this is probably a good place to end the scene. Hopefully they make it inside before going to sleep.

25. - Top - End - #1435

Daycare

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Daycare]

"Oh, hello Edward and Anflaed." Torry says, his ears folded to the side.
    "Torry so Omiko." He points to himself.
    "Shan so Karutomiko. That's my quarter-sibling." He points to the strange kid in the pond.
    "Nice to meet you." He's not sure it is actually nice to meet them, but he's supposed to be polite.

Shan nods to Anflaed. "You go really fast. It's good." They're probably climbing back up the slide's ladder right at the moment.
    Daycare

Andy nods.

"Thank you." he says and then gets a paper out of his pocket.
    "This is the number of their mother and cousins if an emgerncy happens. Also don't give them chocolate, onions, or silver. That is what i was told." Andy says. He then turns to leave since the kids already introduce them to the caretaker so nothing to do for him, he just waves at them as he leaves.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Orc in the Playground

Daycare

Edward takes the piece of paper, though he doesn't have a phone of his own. "No, chocolate, onions or silver. Got it." He puts the piece of paper in his pocket and waves as Andy leaves.

"I'll have to give it a go, then. When I'm wearing suitable clothing, I mean. This stuff's not really waterproof." Anflaed smiles, and will help Shan climb up if they need it.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Pixie in the Playground

[Eao and Asher]

Asher guides his new angel friend, and they land on the campgrounds. "This way!" He says, running to find either Reelshka or Sophie so he can introduce them and ask for help on trains. "Isn't it peaceful and pretty?"
    Love is the message.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Troll in the Playground

Angel Children

Eao lands behind Asher. The little Seraph has reopened the eyes on her wings while she was flying over. She straightens out her skirt and looks around at the same time. "Yes, it is pretty."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Pixie in the Playground

[Angel Children]

Asher notices this but says nothing, because they're flying, after all! When she lands, though, he starts to protest. "The wing eyes, Eao! There are kids here, and they'll get scared! It's why I hide my glory aura, it makes people terrified!" Not to talk of the eye wheels.

But then it's back to looking for either Reelshka or Sophie!
    Love is the message.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Troll in the Playground

Angel Children

"But, but..." Eao starts to protest, but closes the eyes anyway. "Why is it so important not to scare people? I'm supposed to be scary." She at least seems to partly understand the value, or she would always be in her natural form, not this human child form.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters