New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    And screaming. Can't forget the screaming.
    Hard to scream while you are underwater.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Orc in the Playground

The set up looks like Snackleford is to be transferred into the summon, and any discharge/feedback is to get shunted off to Violetta. If right, I think Violetta is about to get knowledge not meant for unsparked minds, and/or some interesting new intuition powers as she had already demonstrated a powerful spidey sense
    I reserved the right to be wrong. I just try not to exercise it.

Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #603

Well, that ought to get Agatha involved.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Troll in the Playground

Violetta has surprisingly dainty feet.

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    My bet is still on "Explosions as end result"
    He's going to lose his hat.

Maybe his head, as well.

5. - Top - End - #605

This reminds me of how yu can get vast knowledge and power from interacting with Yog Sothoth, but if you gain too much, you become a part of Yog Sothoth, and he gains your body instead.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    And great abs.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    Oggie's reaction is quite interesting. I remember reading about a conversation between a somebody and an old man when a rather attractive and lightly dressed young woman went by, and the old man's reaction was "Gad, what a trim ankle", because when he was younger, that was pretty much the only part of the body that got flashed at any time.

Perhaps Oggie is of the same age...
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Oggie's reaction is quite interesting. I remember reading about a conversation between a somebody and an old man when a rather attractive and lightly dressed young woman went by, and the old man's reaction was "Gad, what a trim ankle", because when he was younger, that was pretty much the only part of the body that got flashed at any time.

Perhaps Oggie is of the same age...
    That was a particular thing about the Victorian age, they had skirts on the legs of tables, fashions where different before, still longish skirts, but not quite so asexual.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

9. - Top - End - #609

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post
    You could make the assumption that all Sparks have a Spark ancestor in their family tree and exterminate everyone related to a Spark (Which is a lot of people. For example the former Master of Paris and his vast extended family only some of whom are sparks. Or Ghengis Ht'rok-din founder of the Heterodyne family is clearly at least partially a Ghengis Khan expy. Imagine how many descendants he has that don't know it.) and it still might not even work because we don't know where the first Sparks came from at the start.
    Simple solution: Familicide on The Spark.

Wait, what do you mean, 75% of the world's population?
    Not "fire at". I never used the word "at"
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ettin in the Playground

Have we ever actually seen Othar kill someone for being a Spark? Someone who didn't need killing for other, immediate reasons.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    Have we ever actually seen Othar kill someone for being a Spark? Someone who didn't need killing for other, immediate reasons.
    It never happened onscreen so-to-speak. The only instance, where the issue came up, was with Agatha back when they were escaping Castle Wulfenbach.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    It never happened onscreen so-to-speak. The only instance, where the issue came up, was with Agatha back when they were escaping Castle Wulfenbach.
    Which is almost the last time it comes up, in the main strip, at least. Agatha worries about it when he appears at the Circus (and I think there is a comment later on from Agatha about not harming Cousin Theo, which may be exclusive to the novelisation), but that's all I can remember. But from the circus on he seems to be rather more on Agatha's side.

He still doesn't like the Wulfenbaches much (although he may be warming to Gil).
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

13. - Top - End - #613
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Which is almost the last time it comes up, in the main strip, at least. Agatha worries about it when he appears at the Circus (and I think there is a comment later on from Agatha about not harming Cousin Theo, which may be exclusive to the novelisation), but that's all I can remember. But from the circus on he seems to be rather more on Agatha's side.

He still doesn't like the Wulfenbaches much (although he may be warming to Gil).
    His encounter with DuMedd happened in the comics as well if only offscreen - this is how Othar learned that Agatha is the daugther of Bill. He also never tried to kill Tarvek even if it should be pretty obvious, to which family does he belong.
    Last edited by Radar; 2019-03-23 at 01:45 PM.

14. - Top - End - #614

When he shows up in the Castle, the other prisoners can list off multiple victims off the top of their heads.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    When he shows up in the Castle, the other prisoners can list off multiple victims off the top of their heads.
    Yes, but given who is doing the listing, I rather suspect my qualifying clause is operative in those cases.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

His encounter with DuMedd happened in the comics as well if only offscreen - this is how Othar learned that Agatha is the daugther of Bill. He also never tried to kill Tarvek even if it should be pretty obvious, to which family does he belong.
    He remarks in the comic that he was not aware Theo was a Spark at the time of their meeting, hence why Theo escapes intact. His change of heart is entirely due to learning that she's a Heterodyne (and presumably, specifically because she's the daughter of one of the Heterodyne Boys).

For Tarvek I believe Othar only met him after Tarvek was thoroughly involved with Agatha, and that trumps the whole "Spark-killing" thing. Same thing for Gil, although I'm not sure they've met since Gil booted him off the airship.

Basically, Agatha and her minions are safe. If we see Othar meeting another Spark who is unaffiliated, I'm sure the gloves would come off.

17. - Top - End - #617

Gil accidentally dug Othar out of the time stop effect while trying to get to Tarvek. There was a whole strip of him walking around shirtless, and the reactions of the ladies (and one guy) to this.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Orc in the Playground

Gil accidentally dug Othar out of the time stop effect while trying to get to Tarvek. There was a whole strip of him walking around shirtless, and the reactions of the ladies (and one guy) to this.
    Was it accidentally, or was it because he needed a disposable guinea pig on which to test out the extraction process?

19. - Top - End - #619
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wayson View Post
    Was it accidentally, or was it because he needed a disposable guinea pig on which to test out the extraction process?
    The disposable guinea pig was Vole. I remember Gil being incredibly exasperated when his assistants got Othar out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

20. - Top - End - #620

Gil accidentally dug Othar out of the time stop effect while trying to get to Tarvek.
    There was a whole strip of him walking around shirtless, and the reactions of the ladies
    With links, it is more easy to re-read&check these events
    -HaJo

FLW: Oh, no. We're being rescued. How embarrassing!

21. - Top - End - #621

Dammit, links! Nooo, I need to get things done this weekend...

*click*

22. - Top - End - #622

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    For Tarvek I believe Othar only met him after Tarvek was thoroughly involved with Agatha, and that trumps the whole "Spark-killing" thing. Same thing for Gil, although I'm not sure they've met since Gil booted him off the airship.

Basically, Agatha and her minions are safe. If we see Othar meeting another Spark who is unaffiliated, I'm sure the gloves would come off.
    Othar considers Tarvek to be the the young prince redeemed from the path of evil by the love of the lady Heterodyne, something Gilgamesh considers most unfair if he's still to be considered a villain.

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comi...2#.XJd_HaR7n4E

23. - Top - End - #623

RedWizardGuy

New comic.

Does he really want to absorb that directly? Shouldn't he be worried about going mad(der) or getting assimilated into it?

24. - Top - End - #624

I'm sure it will go exactly as he imagined it.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

It's looking quite likely that the creature currently on the balcony with Tarvek is actually Shackleford after absorbing the knowledge of this monster--it would explain why, in answer to the question "Do any of the cultists have guns?" it answered "At least one", or words to that effect. If not that, then his brain is probably going to explode very messily...

26. - Top - End - #626

Beholder

Random cultist, why would absorbing the knowledge of an extradimensional being be a golden age. And why would Snackleford share the knowledge with you?

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    It's looking quite likely that the creature currently on the balcony with Tarvek is actually Shackleford after absorbing the knowledge of this monster--it would explain why, in answer to the question "Do any of the cultists have guns?" it answered "At least one", or words to that effect. If not that, then his brain is probably going to explode very messily...
    The creature doesn't look like Snackleford or somebody else. It is safer to assume it is the result of an earlier summoning before the blackboard monitor came in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Troll in the Playground

Random cultist, why would absorbing the knowledge of an extradimensional being be a golden age. And why would Snackleford share the knowledge with you?
    Maybe because misery likes company? I totally expect incoherent babbling with maybe a bit of foaming up coming. One way or the other, Snackleford is toast. Or in on otehr words, it will not be perfect.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Theory time: They're trying to replicate the god-queens' ascension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Maybe because misery likes company? I totally expect incoherent babbling with maybe a bit of foaming up coming. One way or the other, Snackleford is toast. Or in on otehr words, it will not be perfect.
    Yeah, I think Snackleford is going to good BooM and very messily. He's not as good as Agatha and it's clear that he doesn't have the drive/anchor to keep grounded.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

30. - Top - End - #630

First, because he's yet another Cthulhu Cultist. Second, because he's delusional, like pretty much every other Spark we've met.