Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 620

Thread: Dark Tales IC

  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Dark Tales IC

    We start off at guards of helmsbron( small town but is famous for its excellent swordsmithing)who have been tasked with guiding the merchant train a few weeks to the larger town if Hindal to bring profits back

    As the captain is droning on about keeping the honor of your duty and always remain vigilante a thin sickly man softly tries to intrude into the speech from behind him
    Spoiler: DC 10 listen
    Show
    excu..excuse me I'm here to de..deliver the guard...mumble mumble mumble

    Meanwhile.. "...always keep watch of each others backs and defend the merchants with your lives if need be...etc etc etc

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2018

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    Gorwin listens patiently and attentively to the Captain, giving every indication that he sincerely and genuinely finds this fascinating.

    (1d20)[9] Listen +6

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Feb 2017

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    Blognaa pays a passive amount of attention to the Captain with his eyes, preferring to use his ears elsewhere; if he hadn't heard this spiel a hundred times before, he's likely to hear it a hundred times more.

    Upon hearing the sickly man attempting to interject with his weak human voice (Take 10: 16), Blognaa puts together "Deliver" and "Guard" into...

    "Cargo here."
    I will see your Peasant Railgun and raise you a Kobold Particle Accelerator.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    New England

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    Fenix sits in the back, visibly bored despite also perusing a singed vellum tome.
    Spoiler: if u can read ignan
    Show
    ]Torgynn the Salamanders Big Book of Interspecies Erotica and Open Caldera BBQ


    His red/orange hair waves in an unseen breeze, he shifts uneasily in his armor as if it itches in funny places, the buckler on his arm has the twin flames of Kossuth inlaid in copper, and a wicked looking one handed scythe hangs from his side.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Tennessee
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    Barnabas pays no real mind to anything the Captain is saying, given the fact he's only really here for the gold. He's done numerous jobs just like this before. They're usually cut and dry.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    Spoiler: gorwin
    Show
    your rapt attention to the speech Grant's you a +2 morale boost to saves vs fear and spot


    Spoiler: everyone else
    Show
    whatever the reason you choose to not listen and instead gain a +2 on initiative as well as a +2 to intimidate for the week


    The captain stops his speech having been interrupted by bologna and slowly turns to glare at the sickly Male who shrivels at the sight but in a soft voice I I have the supplies that were requested..4 ever full flagons and 4 endless rations.. I just need a signature here.. he holds out the paper and a pen and runs off as soon as its signed leaving the supplies
    well..since my speech was ruined...gather your and meet up at the gates in 1 hr, I expect your best behavior on the trip

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Feb 2017

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n
    ...since my speech was ruined...
    Blognaa rolls his eyes as he turns for the door, giving a silent nod to everyone else who was quite obviously not paying attention...not that they'd pay attention now, at any rate.

    Blognaa then heads to his quarters and collects his things, making sure to check his recently procured scythe for imperfections and his trusty club for splinters. Then he makes one final if hasty inspection of his armor before heading to the gates.
    I will see your Peasant Railgun and raise you a Kobold Particle Accelerator.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    Spoiler: time skip
    Show
    just realized there like nothing to do before leaving so unless someone needs or wants something away we go


    As the hour passes and the squad meet up with their gear and new supplies (yay magic) the leader of the caravan approaches
    so you must be the group guarding us? Have no worries we make this trip all the time with no troubles so just relax and enjoy the easy work..by the way whom is the leader if the need arises?
    He waits patiently for a response before calling for load up

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2018

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    Gorwin takes the opportunity for a decent meal and a little win before heading to the gate.

    by the way whom is the leader if the need arises?

    I don't think that has been established

    Gorwin is tall for an elf and fairly thin with bluey-silver eyes and quiet amber eyes under a wide hat. Currently he is clad in chocolate brown leathers and carrying a bow

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    New England

    Post Re: Dark Tales IC

    Fenix arrives at nearly the last moment. His genasi heritage is readily apparent, coal black eyes, orang/red hair that moves like flames in an unseen breeze. His banded mail armor is meticulously cleaned, and his clothing and cloak are very fashionable.

    All right, all right. You can all calm down, Ihave arrived.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Tennessee
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    Barnabas arrives on time and in no rush at all. He liked keeping to plans and making sure he was on time. He ran a hand through his dark brown hair to the point where it turned from long and pulled back to nearly shaved above his ears. He cast his hazel eyes across the area taking everything. "I don't believe we've elected a 'leader' of this group." He fingered through his midlength red beard. "Should we draw straws for it? Or do it democratically?" he asked.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2018

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    Drawing straws is the democratic way to do it
    Last edited by wilphe; 2019-03-27 at 02:08 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    New England

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    OOC d20 roll for straws? High roll wins?
    (1d20)[9] just in case (kinda don't want to lead though)

    id prefer to just continue supporting the rest of you as needed, as an apprentice, I'm not sure my mentor would approve of me taking a leadership role I'm not ready for. But I do have presents for all, I've learned some new tricks that don't discriminate friend and foe unless you are marked as a follower or friend of kossuth. Don't worry, you don't have to go to church or anything.
    Fenix hands out wooden holy symbols of kossuth to the PCs, (merchants too if I have enough, I bought 6)

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    Ooc ..you could just decline being leader lol..if you hadn't said so though I was guna just pick you since your...flamboyant?

    There is..4 man squad of trained (yall) 4 new hires,2 drivers/merchants , and 6 extras (family)

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    New England

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    Quote Originally Posted by finaldooms View Post
    Ooc ..you could just decline being leader lol..if you hadn't said so though I was guna just pick you since your...flamboyant?

    There is..4 man squad of trained (yall) 4 new hires,2 drivers/merchants , and 6 extras (family)
    OOC I would and was totally planning on playing it kinda all eyes on me, but im struggling w/ some real life stuff at the moment and I'm not really feeling it, although I'll try if that's what the consensus is.


    Fenix, seeing his lack of tokens, runs off to the nearest church/general store/woodcarver and grabs 10 more, unless anyone else has the twin flames displayed.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2018

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    Oooooookay. Thank you.

    Gorwin eyes the Holy Symbol with evident scepticism and draws his straw

    (1d20)[8]

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Feb 2017

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    Blognaa reluctantly draws a straw, seeing little point in debate over a leader.
    (1d20)[7]
    I will see your Peasant Railgun and raise you a Kobold Particle Accelerator.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Tennessee
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    Barnabas looks at the last straw. (1d20)[20] Well I suppose this wasn't the worst way to decide. OOC I'm not really familiar with using forums, how do I change my color of text? I see all the fonts and sizes, just not color.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    New England

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Saunderson View Post
    Barnabas looks at the last straw. [roll0] Well I suppose this wasn't the worst way to decide. OOC I'm not really familiar with using forums, how do I change my color of text? I see all the fonts and sizes, just not color.
    Just to the right of size, theres a little arrow next to the "A"

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2018

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    All Hail Lord Barnabas.

    Shall we get moving then?

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    @fenix you manage to get 10 dusty symbols for 1cp ( I recall they cost but idr what) due to the lack of faith in the area and pass them to everyone whom politely if a little concerned thank you

    ah I see yall have elected.. selected? Barnabas as the leader..very well if anything comes up he will have final say in the matter after everyone's input. He takes a deep breath and hollers ok folks it's time for us to move out we have a long road ahead!! aside from the 6 horses being used to pull the wagons ( which have the supplies and families) everyone is walking at a slow but steady pace

    * if anyone wants to do a thing let me know

    *****************
    After leaving the town and traveling for a few hours it is decided to stop for lunch at a nearby rock that is well known for being a lookout point
    If anyone decides to stand watch I need spot and listen checks please ( shouldnt really matter but the time would be about 1pm) aside from the road and rock it's a tall grassy plain as far as the eye can see unaided

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2018

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    Gorwin grabs a piece of bread and some fruit for lunch and heads out to watch, eating as he does so and staring quietly into the distance

    (1d20)[3] Spot +6
    (1d20)[8] Listen +6

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Tennessee
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    Barnabas sits next to the supplies still wondering how it was his fault he became "leader" of this small group. He decides it best to eat a little and keep his energy up.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    Spoiler: gorwin
    Show
    as you snack and get a little distracted focusing in your food you hear the rustling of grass coming from the left a bit away


    The merchants quickly make small meals with obvious expertise and even make meals for the new guys who were not really prepared

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2018

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    Gorwin will notch an arrow and try to get better idea of where it is, hopefully it's a game animal

    (1d20)[12] Spot+6
    (1d20)[7] Listen+6

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    Spoiler: gorwin!!
    Show
    Your keen eyes quickly pick out multiple animals advancing toward the unsuspecting guards and merchants about 100ft away ( but with ..partial concealment I guess? Tall grass 25%miss chance for ranged)

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2018

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    Arm yourselves!

    Gorwin will retreat back to the safety of the group and send an arrow towards one of the creatures

    (1d20)[1] +3 Attack
    (1d20)[7] +3 Crit
    (1d8)[4] -1 Damage

    (1d20)[16] Initiative +7

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post
    Arm yourselves!

    Gorwin will retreat back to the safety of the group and send an arrow towards one of the creatures

    [roll0] +3 Attack
    [roll1] +3 Crit
    [roll2] -1 Damage

    [roll3] Initiative +7
    Also need % roll please 1-25 misses

    ...I just noticed what you rolled lol..let's just say the concealment did it
    Last edited by finaldooms; 2019-04-01 at 09:39 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    New England

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    Is the grass live or dead?

    Listen (1d20-1)[18] I'm probably studying, why can't we have some quiet?
    Spot whatever's got Gorwin all worked up (1d20-1)[18] honestly, elves these days.

    If I'm aware,
    Knock my crossbow, if I see even any inkling of moving grass, I put myself between the families and the threat.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    New England

    Default Re: Dark Tales IC

    Initiative (1d20)[13]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •