Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

Rem's strike is spot on, her blade hurling directly at the mystic beneath her. As the shining lance of sunlight races through the air, he only can look up in shock, realizing that impact is only moments yet. Yet, things don't work out quite like that. Big Ping, seeing the projectile coming faster than her ally, bursts into action, jumping into the path of your attack with no hesitation. The sword pierces cleanly through her side, spilling a geyser of blood and throwing her to the ground, breathing heavily. "Ping!" the man next to her shouts, hesitating in his motions as he checks whether she still lives.

In return, she clenches her fists and gives him a defiant nod. Though weakened, it appears the archeress is not out of the fight yet. With rage-filled eyes, the ragged-looking man turns his head towards Rem, resuming his gestures and confirming your fears. As he finishes the last gestures of what is now clear to have been a theurgic spell, revealing him to be the infamous Adept Ye Lu, a ball of crackling electricity forms in his hands, and the power Rem felt from him heightens to a fever pitch. Then, with a cry of rage, he throws it directly at the goddess above him.

For a moment, there is a blinding blast of lightning, as the projectile explodes mid-air. Deathly powerful electricity washes over Rem, with enough force to kill any mortal. Yet, she is perfectly fine, projected by her dominion over the sky. Even the light did not disrupt her vision for even a moment. However, looking down she realizes that the few soldiers who were caught in the explosion were not so lucky. It could have been worse, since Ye Lu's unwise decision to target Rem instead of her army allowed many to get away with their lives. Yet still more than a dozen men and women have been felled by his dangerous sorcery.

Ye Lu himself does not seem to be in any mood to celebrate, looking rather taken aback that his attack had no effect on its intended target. Hurriedly, he arms himself with a spear from a nearby stand and fumbles through his pockets, no doubt looking for some magic to help him with an opponent such as yourself.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Ye Lu used Effort to cast a spell equivalent to the Sky gift 'Rain of Lightning'. However, he does not seem to possess the kind of unholy strength that Real Man Xiao had, appearing more like a simply very skilled mortal mage. This might have been his most powerful signature spell.

Big Ping, not out of the fight herself, raises up into a kneeling position, aiming her bow defiantly at Rem. For a moment, she appears to be acting in pure pain-fueled madness, but when she sees the cold certainty in her eyes, Rem realizes there is more to the Toban woman than expected. Ping pulls back two arrows, further than a normal warrior with her injuries should be capable of, her eyes straining to find her blinding target. She pauses for a but a moment to breath and then, as the air leaves her lungs, she fires.

And indeed, despite the raging storm around her, the arrows fly. Shimmering ever so slightly with some form of imbued mystical power, they soar towards Rem.

Show
    Big Ping spends Effort to use archery skills equivalent to the Bow gift 'The Seeking Flight'. This allows her to fire at Rem no matter her distance or cover for the rest of the battle. Normally, this gift would also allow her to treat Rem as AC 9 for its duration, however Rem is a goddess, and thus her 'Body of Burning Light' beats out the talents of a mere mortal.

(1d20+7)[27] for a potential (1d8+4)[9] = 2 damage.
    (1d20+7)[9] for a potential (1d8+4)[5] = 1 damage.

I actually did roll a morale check for her, by the way, though she succeeded on it despite a penalty for nearly dying.

Meanwhile, Starislav's monstrous energy sears into Red Typhoon, not stopped by the halberd strike that the Dulimbaian raised to ward of Starislav's physical attack. There is an explosion of energy, flames shooting into the sky as Red Typhoon cries out and falters back, enraged now by a strike that did the impossible.

He's been hurt.

"GRAH! DAMN YOU!" A large burn covers his left side, his armors left in tatters where Starislav's attack hit. With a shout of victory, one of the bogatyr's Pit Dragon Warriors runs up to take advantage of the opportunity and strike a killing blow with his spear. But he is stopped dead in his tracks when Red Typhoon reaches out to grip his head, and tears it off in one swift motion. "FOR MY SERVANTS! YOU WILL PAY!"

Snarling and foaming from the mouth, the warrior lets loose another earth shattering scream, sending even several of his own allies running and breaking formation. No matter what he himself may believe, it appears that the only thing this beasts inspires in anyone is fear. The air around him grows heavy and suffocating, a divine aura of sheer slaughter and mercilessness forming around his body and blade.

Now wielding his halberd with two hands, he comes rushing towards Starislav, weapons clashing hard enough to send sparks and debris across the battlefield. The mere backhand of one of his strikes sends a shockwave through the ranks of your soldiers, slicing apart just as many as Ye Lu's mightiest spell did earlier. He follows this up with multiple slashes at Starislav, smiting him with monstrous force that only the bogatyr could survive. In fact, many of your soldiers retreat for a moment, seeking cover behind their leader from the insurmountable force of this monster. Only the Pit Dragon Warriors fight readily at his side, still trying to get in a hit every now and then. However, it's questionable how long they'll last under these circumstances.

Show
    Red Typhoon spends 2 Effort to active the Sword gifts 'Cutting the Crimson Road' and 'Shattering Hand'. Then, he will make two attacks at Starislav, both of which will be read straight and do maximum damage. Should any of them hit, I would really recommend to use 'Unbreakable' to deny the damage.

(1d20+10)[11] for a potential 15 straight damage.
    (1d20+10)[12] for a potential 15 straight damage.

Well, that's really lucky.

As this all happens, your rebels fight valiantly to the north. With no sorcerous or divine opposition, two of the Golden Lord's Flayed Monks have even broken through ranks, attacking the lone official tasked with defending that side. However, it seems that the two of them have their work more than cut out. Despite being completely unarmored, he moves at least as quickly, if not more so than they do, twirling and stepping as though he was dancing rather than fighting. His blade strikes quickly and decisively, holding them off while only taking a few strikes himself. Soon enough, he's even struck a mortal blow on one of the monks, who only keeps fighting through the pain-denying arts he's learned from his god. With time, this hero may be overcome, but until then he will surely cause much damage to your followers.
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2020-11-29 at 12:49 PM.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

It is heartening, perhaps, to see that teamwork; there are relationships and connections even amongst the enemy. If only they were on the same side -- but right now, Rem had a job to do. Ye Lu's electricity washes over her, but deals nothing to her; she is a goddess of the Sky. There is a quiet frown as she gazes towards the soldiers around her, and intones, "You cannot seek to play the Sky against me!"

Her interjection is cut short when Big Ping rallies and an arrow manages to strike her; celestially charged blood flows from her shoulder as she glances towards the archeress and utters, "I do not wish for your life. But if you continue... I shall have you stand down!"

It rather seems like their allies to the north need help, but she has less power in reserve. First, she has to take care of Big Ping -- and another lance of sunlight erupts to attempt to subdue her, all the while her radiance drains away at the army; in the meantime, her radiance continues to shine brilliantly throughout the battlefield, granting strength to those who fight alongside her.

Show
    Let's see...

I took 2 damage! 13/15 HP. The other one didn't hit, I think.

I'll attack Big Ping again, and choose to subdue instead of kill if it does. (1d20+5)[25] (1d10)[8] Damage

ED: Re-reading how Commit Effort works, I might as well commit effort right now in Hope of the Dawn to empower the troops around me. If I need it for something later I can turn it off.
    Last edited by Merilan; 2020-12-05 at 07:08 PM.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

Pit Dragons- This is my fight! Go help other brethren of our! I will k'hold this front!'

He strech up and roar. Two draconic face rips off his shoulders roar in unison, as black oil scales shed off again the human husk, and his body start to swell under the human skin, with a splatter of blood leathery wings sprout up alongside horns.

The change is quick but also agnozing. But when Rem around, he has confidene and faith
    In mere moments, the bogatyr became a gigantic lizard old thing, with three serpent like hissing heads, fumming ink like substance, that pour holes in the ground.
    Starislav-Timneiv strech his body, and oily scales shine, as he clench himself to block all damage

---------------

Commit effort to use Unbreakable
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

(second post because of dice..)
    The monstrouse dragon, scratch, and send three bites toward the Red Typhoon

------------------

Attack

(1d20)[3](3)+3

Damage?
    (1d10)[3](3)

------
    My previouse Avater

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ettin in the Playground

Steel and scales clash, and for a moment Red Typhoon's eyes widen in awe as his blow is utterly ignored by the monstrous dragon his opponent has suddenly become. A cry of fear goes through the ranks of the enemy soldiers as the shadow of a vast demon towers over them, inspiring a primal fear among them. Demoralized already by the extended marching they've been doing, and the awful weather you've created, their cohesion falls apart at the sight of this new obstacle, creating chaos through their ranks. Some units try to fall back while others surrender, while their commanding officers attempt to re-coordinate. It all makes them rather easy pickings for your rebels, turning the tide decisively in your favor.

Red Typhoon, however, is not so easily frightened. With a roar, he swings his polearm in a powerful whirlwind strike, sending blasts of wind through the air and smashing aside two of Starislav's heads with an ear-shattering impact. The third, he just barely catches with his hands, the acidic saliva running down his arms as he just barely is able to stop the dragon's razor-sharp teeth from chomping down on him. Then, with a mighty heave he pushes back Starislav, just long enough to raise the point of his halberd and aim it at the bogatyr's maw.

"RED TYPHOON....FEARS NOBODY!" Eyes bulging, he jumps forward with sudden force, aiming to strike through Starislav's mouth to hit his softer insides.

Show
    Sadly, that was no hit on Starislav's attack, however the enemy army did fail their morale check. So, that's good!

Red Typhoon meanwhile will take two more horribly painful attacks.

(1d20+10)[25] for a 15 straight damage.

(1d20+10)[20] for a 15 straight damage.

Things get worse for the Yizhao army as Rem casts her divine radiance upon her people. The courage and hope of their goddess resonate through them, while her life-giving light bolsters their bodies and soothes their sores and wounds. Not all are affected, your troops being too far spread out for her power to reach. Yet those who are become something more than the simple soldiers you've trained for the last few weeks. They fight harder, more tenaciously, and better coordinated than ever before, driving home the momentum you've gained through Starislav's transformation. More and more of them break through the enemy ranks, finally denying them the lethal advantage of their defensive position.

Were it not for their most elite warriors, you've not doubt this battle would be all but won. And even so, one soon thereafter goes down. Though Big Ping flashed a satisfied smirk the second her arrow hit its mark, visibly enjoying even a small victory against an opponent such as yourself, it washes away as your painful retort follows. Searing divine light impacts her directly and she cries out in pain for but a moment, before she collapses unconscious on the ground, her form smoking ever so slightly. You've no doubt you've left her alive, though barely so. She will certainly need your aid after the battle is over and done with. Anything less and you are sure you could not have taken down a hero of her caliber.

Yi Lu, it seems, does not think of it that way. "You arrogant...!" you can barely hear him exclaim over the chaos as takes the tip of the spear he's picked up, and roughly breaks it away over his knee. Blue, arcane energies crackle across his body as he raises the blade and intones ancient theurgic words, channeling magic. His body shakes, and a noticeable stream of blood runs from his nose, yet even so he seems focused on his casting.

Spoiler: Rem
    Show
    Mistress Zhou taught you a great many things about the magic of the Merciful Hand, and even the odd bit of theoretical knowledge about Theurgy. She never learned the art, and neither did you, but you still understand it well enough to realize that Yi Lu is casting without any of the precautionary rituals and invocations that make up the usual lengthy casting time of a spell.

While this means he is completing his spell a lot faster, it also forces him to channel the raw forces of creation through his body. Even a god like yourself would be harmed by such an act, and a mortal like him is liable to get himself killed. One more spell like that and it might be his last.

Suddenly, the spear tip lifts up into the air, connected to Yi Lu by a shining beam of magical energy. This beam charges it up with a strange, blue glow for just a second, then dissipates. And then, the blade rushes at Rem, crossing the distance in but a moment, its movements blurry even for her heightened senses. It aims directly at her chest, seeking to pierce her heart and end the goddess for good.

Show
    So yeah, Yi Lu spent 1 Effort to do an instant casting and took a 1d6 straight damage die from that. The spell he used (Kiss of the Crane) hits automatically, but Rem does get an Evasion saving throw for half damage. To save on time, I will make that roll for her.

Damage: (6d6)[2][3][6][6][6][5](28) = 9 damage
    Evasion Save: (1d20)[19] against Difficulty 13 for Half Damage. You succeeded, so you only take 5 damage.

His magic attack gone off, Yi Lu stumbles in place for a moment, clearly spent. He looks even more ragged after this effort. No doubt he can't keep this up for much longer, and with the chaos that is raging around him there's no help in sight. Then again, who knows what's under those tents?

Meanwhile, on the north side of the encampment, the battle is still hardest fought. Shining Zu, with one final mighty cleave of his sword puts down one of the monks that have been fighting him, and turns his attention on the other. But even though his presence means that the soldiers by his side are still the most disciplined, even they are swiftly losing ground to your rebels, especially with their flanks no longer looking quite so well protected as they did just a moment ago.
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2020-12-18 at 02:52 PM.
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground

Yi Lu's efforts are surprising, but Rem never convinced herself she was invincible. It's a good thing too, because she's more ready for the spell when it comes; as the arcane energy streaks through and wounds her, divine blood flows from her body, burning a bright golden colour before dissipating into motes in the air.

"Are you satisfied?" Rem questions. "Your body will break if you continue this. I have spared the archeress and you have a choice -- tend to her and heal her wounds, or continue on this path of self-destruction and consume both yourself and her. She is important to you, is she not?"

The topic of Red Typhoon needs an answer, though; she rises to the sky as she points to the sorcerer. "If you choose to help her, I may yet help you. But think deep on what is important to you - Big Ping, or your mission?"

The angel swoops to the site of the battle between the warriors; here, she needs to intervene. She channels what little is left of her divine effort, creating an enormous golden sword from it. "Starislav. You do not fight alone. Let my light turn the tide in our favour!"

She hurls it wholesale at the menace.

Show
    8/15 HP. I'm going to continue to use the fray dice on the mob: (1d8)[6]

Then I'm going to pop effort, dropping the aura I think? And use my Divine Wrath on Red Typhoon.

(2d8)[2][6](8)

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

The three headed dragon fall, with echoing whimper through air, soil and soul.
    then he crush.
    Seemingly dead.

But for just a moment. Something squirmed and bubbled under the oily scaley skin- then it ripped to shreds, as new three headed dragon has emerged from the husk, covered in gooey grey subtance, as if he hatched from an egg.
    The roars in his head became thunders.
    grey goo and black droll dripped from the three maws.
    He seemed somewhat.. softer.
    All his left eyes were closed, undevoped gooey mess.

It seems half dead, but.. desprate. Dangerouse.
    Three echoing furiouse roars now are spat from three throats, and then the beast rush toward the source of it's pain.
    three rippling heads sending themselves to rip the enemy between their fangs.
    ----------------

OOC-
    I imagine him a bit like Xenomporph in his... texture.

DIVINE FURY!
    05/10 HP
    WORLD EATER!
    Damage 5?

------
    My previouse Avater

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ettin in the Playground

As she flies away, Rem notes Yi Lu gesturing and spewing inaudible obscenities at her. Rather than disheartened, he seems utterly enraged that he could manage a killing blow against the goddess, and it's not quite clear yet what path he shall take moving forward. Somehow, despite your mercy you feel as though you haven't made a good first impression with the mage.

Still, before he can take much further action, you direct your attention at a larger threat. As Red Typhoon sails through the air, halberd pointed up and threatening to take Starislav's life, he is momentarily distracted. It is an distraction that Rem uses expertly, carefully aiming a blade of sunlight to intercept his path. In the midst of his jump, it pierces through the demigod's chest utterly, making him cough up a cloud of blood.

Yet, it is not enough.

Like a bullet, Red Typhoon impacts on the soft inside of Starislav's middle head, pushing his weapon forward in frenzied desperation. Roaring like the beast that he is fighting, he cuts through flesh and bone alike, exiting on the other side of the dragon's throat in a shower of blood. From there, he lands, out of breath for but a moment before raising his weapon and howling with victory.

"DIE! YES! DIE FOR ME! RED TYPHOON IS ETERNAL!"

A rout goes through your people for a moment. One of their mighty leaders has fallen, and now they are faced with a terrible monstrosity they have no chance of defeating. For a moment, everything looks hopeless for them.

And then Starislav rises, like a phoenix from the ashes. With a sudden burst of incredible divine energy, he explodes from a body now seems like it was a mere cocoon, his new self frail yet possessing an even greater potential than before. Red Typhoon, turns at the ear-shattering scream that sounds behind him, his eyes filled with incomprehension. "I.....killed you...."

It is the last words he will ever say, as before he can even move to defend himself, the new and improved Starislav is upon him. One head grabs ahold of the glimmering blade of sunlight stuck in his back, flinging him up into the air where two others await to bite into him. Before he can strike at them, his weapon is shattered by the titanium jaws of the dragon, and then he is quickly torn apart and devoured.

And just so, the Red Typhoon is ended.

Your rebels rise a shout of victory, their spirits higher than ever before as they fall upon an even more demoralized encampment of enemy soldiers. To the south, Rem notes that even Yi Lu has chosen the better part of valor after such a display. Rather than attempting to kill the goddess, he quickly carries his friend underneath the tents, a task not made easy by Big Ping's considerable size.

Only to the north is the fighting still strong, and even they are on the retreat. Rather impressively, Shining Zu seems to have won his battle against the monks, killing one and leaving the other badly injured, though even he is making a tactical retreat.

This may very well be your best chance. If you continue your assault, you may be able to drive your victory home, forcing the soldiers to surrender and perhaps even capturing the governor himself. There's certainly no more resistance here. Yet even so, it's likely this would cause you to lose more soldiers. Not to mention Starislav, who despite his burst of power is clearly running on fumes. He may be able to use his newfound strength better later, but right now it's liable to get him killed. You could always let the leader of the enemy army escape, and try to demand parley with him afterwards. Whatever you chose, thanks to Rem's Hope of Dawn, your soldiers will know your intentions.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Troll in the Playground

It's with shock that Rem witnesses the exchange -- at first, a twisting feeling in her stomach as she witnesses Red Typhoon splatter though Starislav in a shower of blood. It makes her question herself for a moment, not in her cause but just how much violence she has courted for herself--

But then Starislav arises, once more, like a phoenix. The deed is done.

The battle, however, is not.

"We have done enough today," Rem declares. "We have defeated Red Typhoon and shown Governor Li that we are not to be trifled with. All units, follow the plan for retreat and regroup in our rendezvous points."

Rem's plan for retreating is a fairly cautious but simple one; split up into many groups determined ahead of time, and disappear into the forests, making use of paths that the armies didn't use up with traps. At the end of the day, they'll start to filter in together and recuperate. She pays particular close attention to the forces fighting up north, to ensure they can flee, and...

to Starislav as well, awaiting him to mend his wounds as soon as she's needed. "I had faith in you, Starislav. I should have perhaps been closer at hand, that it didn't have to come that close, but... I am glad you are with us, still."

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

Starislav as half formed beast thing, almost charged forward with blind rage.
    But the voice of Rem has awaken his human spark.

'....Rem...' the oily thing panted.
    '...thank... you...' it hissed with a tripled voice.
    'I... can still fight... I... do... not... fear... death.'
    He struggle o stay standing.
    'Unless... you have.. a better use... of... me?' his voice became a bit more human.. but not enough power to create a new human husk.

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

For as difficult as the battle has been, your retreat goes over remarkably simple. By this point, the enemy army is in disarray, demoralized by Starislav's monstrous appearance and the sudden surge in skill among Rem's blessed warriors. Add to that your retreat into dangerous terrain and none dare follow you, nor are any arrows fired after you.

It's a good thing too, as only moments after Rem sounds the retreat, Starislav's new, powerful form collapses, withering down to a smaller humanoid form within seconds. Brought to his very limits, the demon bogatyr falls to his knees, and it takes three of his Pit Dragon Warriors to carry him away to safety.

It's a good thing that you retreated, perhaps. While the intensity and sheer power of your attack, coupled with Rem's incredible healing skills have preserved the lives of many of your soldiers, you still attacked a heavily fortified position guarded by several powerful mortals, and one demigod of combat. Your forces have taken some losses, luckily in exchange for a decent price. The loss of Red Typhoon alone will surely be crippling for the governor.

Perhaps he may return soon, to sue for peace?

Show
    Just wanted to give you a quick update on the overall outcome of the battle and your retreat. I'll let you roleplay this scene out, then move things on when it seems to be played out.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

Rem is at the forefront of efforts in the hours after - where the soldiers must rest, she must now act. She's using her powers to heal as many soldiers as she possibly can, as well as looking after Starislav when he powers down as his divine fury subsides -- she ensures that he gets a good place of rest to recuperate, grateful for his efforts.

"I do not think of you in 'uses', friend," Rem smiles. "I knew you fought and worked hard, and I wanted to ensure that you would live."

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Straislav is surprised... that under this evil gooey being there were still a human inside.
    ...'Thank you.' he smile weakly, carried by his men.
    'You a true friend.. and angel. You made me believe.. that I matter. And taught me to use my curse for goodness'

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

"And I'll always be there to remind you, when the going gets hard," Rem smiles in turn.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

"I can't thank you enough. My blade and my curse will always serve your just cause' Starislav allow himself to shed tears.

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ettin in the Playground

Together, you allow yourselves to rest for a while. Much of your energy has been expended both during the battle and during its aftermath, and even gods such as yourselves cannot enact such demanding work forever. Starislav especially has been brought to his very limits, remaining wounded and exhausted. Until at least tomorrow, when you've had time to let the worshipful presence of your followers, enthused as they are by their victory, rejuvenate you, you doubt you'll be able to accomplish much more.

Yet, you do not have the luxury of such choice on the path you've chosen. As the sun is already starting to settle, you are disturbed by your ears picking up on a faint, resounding tone in the distance, like a horn being blown somewhere beyond the forest. Before too long your suspicions are confirmed when one of your scouts approaches you, bearing news.

"Lady Rem, Bogatyr Starislav! Governor Jiang is approaching us to speak with you. He has come without weapon nor soldiers. Please, follow me!"

Swiftly, you move out, following the young Dulimbaian to the very edge of the forest. Hidden by the swiftly growing shadows of the tress and the vast underbrush, you spot a curious figure in the distance. Out on the open plains, a single man sits on horseback, a simple general's horn in his hand. Clad in the elaborate, red and gold-painted armor of a general, and backlit by the sinking sun, he carefully observes the forest, waiting for any kind of response. Even from a distance, you can see the silver streaks of grey hair in his long beard, and the many scars that crisscross his face.

Spoiler: Rem
    Show

Taking a closer look, you note that his armor is not just elaborate for the sake it. Various charms and idols of good fortune have been worked into its design, utilizing what seems to be both Taoist and Li Magic creations. They'd likely protect him very well from most low magic spells, as well as most mind-affecting powers.

"Gods of Gongfang!" he yells, his voice firm and deep. "Will you not come to see me? I've come to speak, from man to man! This fighting that claims the lives of the True King's children must end!"

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Starislav is riding his horse once again.
    Somehow the battle scars go through his new and newer skins.
    New scar is around his neck, though mostly hidden by his bushy beard.

His cloak wave as he ride forward.
    "k'Here we are,governer Jiang." Starislav state.
    "We never wished for a bloodshed to begin with."

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #468
    Troll in the Playground

Rem rests; yet, she's already up again in the morning, working as close to tirelessly as she can to aid the wounded and prevent unnecessary deaths that she can prevent as a healer. It isn't long, though, before she hears the horn, and follows towards where the general awaits them.

"I am Rem, current leader of the Redeemers," Rem states plainly. "I will hear what you have to say."

Her aura is in plain sight, her wings spread as she does so; she's not intending to hide much.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ettin in the Playground

Rem's glowing aura making your approach more than obvious, the governor spots you immediately, before you even break from the trees. His entire body tense, he watches you approach, not moving from the spot, yet also not daring to show any emotion on his face other than a stoic sort of cautiousness. Thin-lipped, he waits for you to finish speaking before opening his mouth again.

"Neither did I, Bogatyr. But we are both soldiers, and you know just as well as I that war does not care for our whims." Despite his physical tension, there is no hint of nervousness to his tone. Instead, he speaks in a steady, slow baritone, one that suggests that Governiar Jiang possesses great experience at speaking whilst in danger.

"Lady Rem." Slowly, he turns his head towards the goddess, as if taking care to avoid any sudden movements. "On this day, I've come to battle you because it is my duty to defend the northern reaches of Dulimbai. The people count on me to defend them from the monsters of the Black Academies of Raktia, and the revolts of disharmonious rebels. Yet-" For a moment, he pauses, thinking of what to say next. You note his one free hand clutching around the reigns of his horse. "-the forces that I posses can no longer stop you without the aid of Red Typhoon. You have proven your strength succinctly. For the sake of the xiaoren, the common folk that I have heard you love so much, I ask you to go no further. In turn, I too will not pursue you."

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

Rem tilts her head for a moment, in thought for a moment. "It is a shame. We readied our forces in self-defence, knowing that the Big Six would come and bear their wrath down on belligerents. But Gongfang has also suffered greatly from villains such as Real Man Xiao and Big Foot Zu, elements of corruption that we have removed. You have not proven your government capable of caring for the common folk; I ask that you acknowledge Gongfang's independence, that its people may prosper and govern themselves."

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

Starislav nod.
    "We aren't dillesional-we can't save any misrable man and woman-but in this place near us- we managed to. We do not wish further conflict- just to keep those people safe, and free of the corruptio which infected your kingdom

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

A moment after you have finished explaining yourselves, Governor Jiang's form slumps down ever so slightly, as though he's finally allowing himself to breath again. His expression is still tense, not relaxing very much at all, however. "Very well. I accept this outcome. I'm not eager to lose any more good men today." Speaking of this, he sounds rather matter of fact, as though he is not taking any particular shame in his loss.

"But, it is a good thing that you brought up the protection of the xiaoren. I have heard that you've done well to take down that corrupt slaver and his taoist friend." It's tough to say how accurate Jiang's information is, and what exactly he has heard, but his compliment sounds genuine enough. "Yet, as you say yourself, you cannot protect every single person. In claiming the independence of Gongfang, you also take authority of the settlements surrounding it. You may well be responsible for the security of the people from Gongfang all the way to the border with Patria."

His eyes glance past you, towards the farther west. There's not much to see in that direction, the view being blocked by the forest, but you get the feeling that he intends to reference some geographical features and warfare realities that a Dulimbaian would know about. "I will be honest with you, your forces will be spread thin. You're missing the numbers that would let you patrol effectively, unless you raise every last peasant to become a member of your...." He struggles to find the words for a second. "....militia. There will be spots you'll leave undefended, and even two godlings like you cannot protect everyone from everything on your own."

A frown spreads on his face, and he squints his eyes a little. "I'm not in a much better spot. Without Gongfang and the taxes that Li sent me, I won't be able to employ all of these Toban mercenaries, nor properly equip my soldiers to deal with the monstrous threats from the Black Academies. Many villages who relied on my protection will be left defenseless. And while the Patrians still exist as a threat, I cannot ask for the regent to provide aid to a distant province like ours." There is a slight hint of bitterness to the governor's tone at that last sentence, though he otherwise shows no signs of it. Instead, he allows his words to hang in the air, waiting to see how you will react.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Troll in the Playground

"With all due respect, a man of such insight as yourself must know that money was not clean," Rem remarks. "And the people of Gongfang were forced to pay tribute to supply arms and armors for the protection of a region not theirs, while they themselves were vulnerable to banditry and slavery."

She rubs her chin, taking note of that bitterness. "I do not know if you have heard, but I have turned Gongfang into a self-sustaining region, by improving its crops and bounty tenfold. And as you say, we will be staying in this region for a time yet. How about a deal?"

There's a quiet smile. "I would be amenable to assisting you with some of the monstrous threats around your region, such as the Black Academies. But in turn, maintain healthy trade and economic relations with Gongfang, and cut them a fair trade. By trading for our food and other goods, your region must in turn benefit, as an army must march on its stomach, and perhaps you can turn a tidy profit from less shady sources."

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

"And I k'have offered the wretched of this city a chance- to share my curse for the sake of the others. But I see your point."
    Starislav nod.
    "We can share rhe burden of fighting the evils that plague the area. And one day, if we can trust the empire, we might give the city back. In the meanwhile, we can cooperate in many projects.'

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ettin in the Playground

Governor Jiang stares at you for a second, nonplussed. His hesitation seems unintentional, however, as though he did not expect such a positive response. When he finally opens his mouth, he has to clear his throat before he can speak stoicly.

“I....am glad you make such a generous offer, Gods of Gongfang. Your town always has been prosperous, and it seems under your care it will only grow moreso. I would be glad if some of that wealth could be redistributed to the less fortunate citizens of Dulimbai. A humble tribute, and the benevolent work of two hero warriors, in exchange for the protection and generosity of the Dulimbaian Empire.““

He glances over his shoulder for a moment, then throws you a conspirative smile. “That's what you'll have to call it before other Yunzhi, of course. I can't hide the loss of Gongfang's taxes from the royal censors, but if you work with the empire I can at least spin you into a loyal vassal state.“ You guess that spin in this case means he'll be lying to save his own skin.

Then, just as suddenly as it appeared, his smile disappears, and he is all business again. “Tell me, however. What are you hoping to gain from this, if not more power? I hear you've been working with a patrian, yet I've never heard of a patrian who works alone, so that cannot be right either. Was this all about my subordinate, and his failures? Li, I think his name was?“ He eyes you appraisingly, noticeably in thought.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Troll in the Playground

Rem has a faint, almost amused chuckle at the way the Governor speaks. He's craftier and less strait-laced than she would've thought. "I've no love for Empire and the way it benefits those at the top at the expense of the common. But for the sake of the xiaoren, I can live with a charade for a time."

He asks what they're getting out of this, though; "I am a member of the Merciful Hand. I have always been a healer, in life, and now in godhood too. And to that end, I am always a servant of the people. I think of Gongfang's future, given that I am not its ruler; I must think of what can sustain the people in the long-term too. In the last month we have been here, that meant the eradication of corruption, including, yes, the failures of Magistrate Li."

She defers the topic of the Golden Lord to Starislav, perhaps thinking that he might have something amusing of their alliance given how often they butt heads.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

"My motherland.. were consumed by a literal puppets. Corrupted puppets which k'have robed it's soul." Starislav tell.
    "I am one of the last Bogatyrs in the world. When I left... I were the youngest one." he sigh.
    "My tenets are simple, be strong, be fair and protect the weak.
    But I am infected by a dark curse, I am the worst monster that k'has ever 'uanted Nedzuvna- Timneiv. By following my angel, I can trust that I am not falling into the darkness.

Pause.
    "About Gold Boy... k'he is annoying and arrogant. And I don't fully trust such fellas. But to be fair, k'he did pulled k'his own weight. I don't mind bowing my k'head or paying something, if it means prosperity and peace to the common folk'

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ettin in the Playground

The Governor crooks his head ever so slightly at Rem's explanation, his a little wider than before. "And that's just it, then? I must admit, I've never seen one of the Merciful Hand who was quite so...forceful, ever before." It seems for a moment as though he is about to say more, but then decides against it. Instead, he opts to wait for Starislav to speak, listening to the warrior's words intently.

"I had heard of your warrior caste, Bogatyr, and before word of you reached my ears I believed them extinct. Yet you seem to me more powerful than all of them must have been in their heyday. It's an impressive turnabout, no matter how I look at it." Nodding his head faintly, he continues. "And for all that power, you're not a mindless beast like Red Typhoon was. Had he been so loyal as you, perhaps we would not be speaking now."

When the topic turns to the Golden Lord, however, he once more goes quiet, his eyes staring into Starislav's with laser focus. A tension returns to him as quickly as it has faded earlier, as though it had never been gone in the first place. His eyebrows furrow a little, and eventually he follows up his questions with even more questions.

"Then it is true he is some kind of godling of his own? Forgive, but I must know for certain. Is he Patrian? Who and what is this Golden Lord that I have heard so much about? You've spoken of yourself, but what are his motives?" There is a deep sincerity to his tone, and his eyes are filled with a measure of sternness. These questions seem to be of great importance to him.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

"I used to not be. Then sickness took my health away, and in that moment, I realised how much class and wealth divide people. I was given a second chance with godhood, and I personally swore to not idle away in inaction while inequality still takes the lives of so many people," Rem frowns quietly.

"We found common ground in defeating the foes of Gongfang," the angel explains. "He does possess a measure of godliness, and has Patrian features, but to be quite blunt... I believe his motives are more firmly rooted in spreading his teachings, rather than one of national conquest. Even now, he stands guard to protect Gongfang from any would-be invaders in our absence."

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

...'I guess, I do.. wield a power.' Starislav nod.
    'From what I k'have seen k'he kh'as some vague philosophy, but yes... when all said and done, k'he stand for the people'

------
    My previouse Avater