Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 326
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Millie sighs, though she can't hide a smile at her friend's gesture towards the enrushing guards. "You're too nice for your own good, Rem."

    She glances down at Zu, stricken to the ground. The Curse Eater's eyes glint at the thought of what hangs around the wretch's neck... but with a sigh, she turns, starting to run and calling as she does so. "Po, where's that balcony above the courtyard?"

    The guards are still a threat to the slaves outside. The others can take them on in hand to hand, but they need to know to get started. And since her curse was what caused the fight to start, Millie owes it to the people in the cages to help too


    "Attention scumbags!"

    The call echoes out across Zu's estate. The red haired Curse Eater straightens her hat, looking down at the ne'r do wells with a pointed grin. "Time to pay for your actions!"

    Stepping back into something more akin to a martial arts stance, Millie takes a second to focus her power. Then the barrage begins. As though they were nothing more than the simple softballs of her Republican youth, Millie starts lobbing balls of black energy across the courtyard. Each one explodes on impact with a thoom, lobbying its target backwards and leaving a faint dark mist behind it. And each one is being thrown by an expert markswoman.

    Zu's men won't know what hit them. And the two main fighters have been given their que.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[16] Attack (+AC whatever these guys have)
    (1d10+3)[10] Straight Damage

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2018

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    "And that looks like our signal," Shen says, glancing back up from the hiding place towards the guard in the back.

    Taking in a deep breath, Shen draws a hand back and aims his palm towards the guard. Shen could feel the lightning align and tense, like drawing a bow with his own divine sense. Shen thrust his palm forward, and an arc of blue-white lightning arced forward, streaking towards the unfortunate guard with the divine fury of a vengeful divinity.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ranged Attack against that one poor guard: (1d20+3)[10] + AC against this poor guy
    Damage: (1d8+2)[6]

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground
     
    igordragonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    http://www.epilogue.net/sites/defaul...1163221200.jpg

    Starislav Kalchugevski has greeted his teeth. It took so much to contain the thoughts of madness inside.
    DOOM! DEATH! CHAOS! *something* screamed in his mind constantly. It was unending struggle and every moment of it was an agony.
    His comrades have turned into majestic and godly beings, but Straislav who's dream since childhood was to be a champion of justice- a Bogatyr, has turned into a foul demon- the dragon Timniev.
    Statislav actually attempted to commit a suicide but was saved by his comrades, who have convinced him, that his dream isn't dead yet, and he might still use his power for good.
    But they did not understand. He felt unholy, and dirty no matter how many times he will shower. And yes, he assumed the form of his past self. But he felt it- it was an itching costume. His true form strained to be released, and held back only by Starislav's will power.

    He knew it was a noble cause to fight for- especialy uniting a lover man with his mistress- but will he be able to fight as warrior of just, will he fall for his lust for chaos?
    "Istina ee sprevidlivest!"* he cried the tradional Bogatur war cry and charged forward, his cloak and beard blew with the ineration, and lifted his tear shaped shield, with remains of red and yellow paint under countless scratches, and thrused his spear into wall- for a moment black scales has covered his arm, which swelled with muscles.
    _____
    *Honesty and fairness!

    Meta:
    pay effor and using Sinnews Of The Serpent

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2019-04-09 at 03:38 PM.
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

    Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Theoboldi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Awestruck, the guards approaching Rem stop as she raises her hands and unleashes the smallest bit of her power upon them. Tears form at the corners of their eyes, and they drop their weapons, a feeling of beauty and impossible radiance overcoming them. Half smiling, half crying they stand there, pacified.

    It's odd. Looking upon them now, they seem almost pathetic to her. Taking them out took no effort whatsoever. And even those who are still yet moving seem oddly sluggish to Rem. Her senses and physical capabilities have been heightened since her ascension, yes, but now is the first time that she really experiences how strongly.

    Meanwhile, Millie takes a far more active role in taking down the bandits. A flurry of magical blasts shoots out from her hand, each hitting a hostile target with pinpoint precision, hitting throats, stomachs, and more painful areas for instant knockouts. Even the initial wave of guards that come rushing in through the room's entrance are taken out before they realize what is happening, one blown cleanly out of the way of a strike from Po who proceeds to look rather sheepish. Zu himself is brought down by a single hit to the back, falling to the floor with a loud cry. "GAAAAAH! Mercy! Mercy! I can pay you!"

    The sorceress supreme steps out onto the little balcony that opens up the room to the outside, a point from where she can see pretty much the entire compound. What happens next is carnage. Her attacks rain down on a completely unprepared crowd of villains, clearing out almost half of them within mere moments. In a blind confusion, they run around, desperate to regroup.

    Then, the compound wall explodes. After Shen easily takes out the single perimeter guard with a controlled shock, leaving the poor man twitching with static electricity, Starislav's punch shatters the stone wall in a location they know to be free from slaves due to their earlier scouting. Both of them come charging, knocking down foes left and right with the sheer force of their advance. In their cages, the groups of slaves scream both in fear at the world seemingly coming down on their heads, and elation at seeing their captors beaten up. Mostly the former, though.

    Zu's forces are left devastated. Needless to say, their morale utterly breaks. In a panic, everyone runs to save their own skins.

    Some try heading for the slaves, perhaps to take hostages, though luckily Shen and Starislav are in position to intercept them. The poor fools try to rush past them, making them easy targets for whatever rebukes you may wish to inflict upon them.

    Rem notices some others heading into the main building, and a quick look down the corridor confirms to her that they are trying to loot the place, taking whatever riches they can take from their master's home before escaping.

    Millie meanwhile notices smoke rising from some of the houses the thugs are fleeing past. Fires are seemingly being lit by the frightened rogues, perhaps in an effort to distract you.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The bandits were forced to make three separate Morale checks this round. They failed two of them. Any attacks made on them while they are panicked like this will be successful, and they will automatically fail any saving throws.

    We are still, however, in initiative, at least so long as you care to prevent them from looting, setting fires, taking hostages, or fleeing.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Millie looks exultant. She'd felt the power the strange wanderer had given them since that fateful moment back on the road, but for the first time she's started truly drawing deeply on that spark of glorious energy. The Curse Eater laughs, a hearty roar that echoes out across the courtyard. They'd been so frightened of these idiots, taken such care to stage this ambush... and the thugs are crumpling as though the little band of wayward souls were some kind of thunderstorm.

    Forget the shard. If I wanted to return home like this... who could stop me?

    Millie notes the disintegration of Zu's men without much passion: all that remains seems simple enough. Those swarming the slave pen, Shou and Stari were more than enough to deal with. Those inside she can leave to Rem. The group starting to set fires however... they demanded her attention, lest everyone here perish in flames. Even though they were obviously trying to buy time, she couldn't afford to simply leave them be. The sorceress snorts, calling out to the retreating figures.

    "Ants! Wretches! You think that will save you?!"

    This time, she sees no need to repeat the humble gesture. Millie merely raises her hand and a set of black orbs begin to circle it. With naught but an effort of will, the doombolts streak outwards as a volley, hitting one figure after the next and sending them sprawling across the ground before they can set torch to tinder.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Wait... if they've broken up like this, are they no longer a mob? (and thus all targetable by Rain of Sorrows?) Or are they smaller mobs?

    (1d10+3)[13] Straight Damage to the firestarters
    (1d8)[8] Fray Die

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Merilan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Planeptune, Gamindustri
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Rem flushes a little at Millie's compliment, but murmurs, "No, I should be thanking you for exercising some mercy as well... I'm..." She pauses as she looks at the men she's overwhelmed drop their weapons cry, pacified. A conflicted feeling washes over her for a moment. Would she want them to change their ways just because she told them to? Ideally she'd like them to come to their own conclusions, but they don't always have a convenient answer like that.

    She bites her lip as she sees Zu, begging and crying. "Please reconsider what you have done. I--" Rem notices several others fleeing to the building, hurrying down as she chases after them to announce, "Please stop what you are doing. These ill gotten gains..." she narrows her eyes for a moment, wings shining for a moment. "Would you feel right gathering them up for your own purposes?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'm using the Fray Dice again to try to chastise them! (1d8)[5]

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Theoboldi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Zu groans pitifully at Rem's request, his hands covering his head. Other than that, he remains in place, not daring to run.

    However, her words turn out to not be quite as effective at taking out the horde of men that are stripping down the mansion. Certainly, one or two who are very nearby the goddess drop what they are carrying as she approaches, overwhelmed by her glory. But the rest ignore her, continuing to tear paintings off the walls and carrying off silver bars as her radiant aura by itself is just not enough to affect all of them. One, in a moment of panic, even goes so far as to hurl his weapon at Rem, though it is aimed so badly that it harmlessly clatters against the ground several feet away from her.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Not a full end of turn yet, just wanted to give Merilan some feedback on Rem's results so far.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

    You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground
     
    igordragonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Starislav has frowned.
    He looked at the chaos, and the vermins crawling all the way to the innocent people.
    'CHAOS DEATH CHAOS DEATH! something screamed in his mind, but he kept his cool. Starislav turned the blade of his spear down stabbing the ground between him and the bandits.
    'YOU SHAL'L NOT PASS! VER'MINS!" he roared, black scales have appeared on his neck, and the floor exploded in straight line, creating pit between the bandits and the cegs of the slaves.



    META-
    Another effort
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

    Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Theoboldi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    With a flurry of bolts, Millie takes down the pathetic rabble that threatens to burn down the compound, quickly ensuring that no further fires will be lit. Still, though these rogues drop their torches harmlessly on the earthen ground, it appears that in the initial chaos some flames have already been set. Po suddenly shouts for the goddess' attention, pointing out plumes of smoke that continue to rise from two buildings at the back of the yard. At this point, luckily, it is merely a matter of putting them out.

    Meanwhile, the ruffians that are attempting to charge the slaves fare even worse, having to contend with two wrathful godlings. Starislav's pit opens up before them, cutting off their path with such suddenness that the first few in line fall in with a dull thud and screams of surprise. Those behind them stumble back, hoping to find a new approach, but their plans are cut short when Shen jumps over the pit and comes down in their middle with a thunderous boom. A blast of electricity shoots over them, knocking out anyone it touches, and the few who are not incapacitated at this point finally decide that trying to take hostages is a suicidal endeavor. Instead, the run for the hills, making their way out of the compound. They seem unlikely to cause any more trouble.

    In the mansion, however, the last remaining group of panicked bandits is still rushing to grab everything that they can, gathering any valuables that are not nailed down. Without Rem or anyone else taking more decisive action, they may soon leave with all the silver and gold they can carry!
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

    You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Merilan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Planeptune, Gamindustri
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    "I-- have warned you," Rem speaks as she winces and wiggles her wings away from the thrown weapon, though it turns out to be unnecessary.

    She looks to the rest of the looting thieves and raises her left arm; radiant light gently pools into the shape of a sphere atop her palm, before forming into the soft shape of a blade. "I will not kill you, but this may sting a little." She thrusts the blades forward, and they split mid-flight and fan out towards the rest of the thieves; she's not certain how much control she has over her powers, but at best she'd like to knock them out rather than gore them or do anything permanent.

    I should... work on my speeches. 'Sting a little'...? she internally remarks to herself.

    Spoiler: Action
    Show
    I will attack with Body of Burning Light! (1d20)[12] check is 4, damage is: (1d10+3)[11]

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground
     
    igordragonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Starislav didn't felt any ,remorse toward such scum. They didn't deserved to live! But maybe it was Timneiv trying to seduce him and succumb to darkness?
    No! He hunted evil, even before he was tainted by the foul powers of the dragon
    DoOM! DEATH! his thoughts boomed inside his mind.
    "So evil' that can't stop even when your life on the line!" Starislav yelled, and chased after the panicking banditsllp sending his spear at them to invoke justice on them!


    Meta
    Attack
    (1d20+3)[8](8)
    Damage (1d10)[9](9)

    Damage fray(1d8)[1](1)
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

    Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Millie hums to herself, looking out across the battlefield. Starislav is dealing with the remaining fleeing bandits just fine. The fires are an issue though, and she can hear conflict from within the manor. Some of the guards... and Rem. And she's closer to that point.

    Above the pandemonium, Millie calls down. "Shen, can you get the fires out?" If the Dulimbian gives her a positive, Millie wheels back into the house, traces of arcane energy around her hands. She makes her way towards Rem's voice swiftly, half-sprinting through the corridors and throwing small but potent bolts at over-eager thugs as she does so. There's a lot of greedy people in Zu's employ, evidently

    Spoiler
    Show
    This is contingent on Shen being willing to go for the fires. If not, Millie would prioritize that, reluctantly so, but she does have trust in Rem to take care of herself when need be
    (1d20+4)[21] Attack
    (1d10+3)[7] Damage (Straight)
    (1d8)[7] Fray Dice

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Theoboldi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    From below, in the courtyard, Shen gives Millie an affirmative nod. "I...I think so, yes!" he says, deciding to try and push his powers to their limit and see just how fast he's really gotten. Readying himself mentally, he first takes a deep breath, before letting his body drop forward into a running stance and taking off.

    A blink of an eye later, it is done. Shen has run to both buildings and smothered the fires, all before the dirt of his own advance could settle. He doesn't even feel the slightest bit disoriented by his sudden motion, and only slightly out of breath.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    For this round, I'll NPC Shen. He will commit 1 Effort for the day to miracle All-Encompasing Presence.


    Meanwhile, in the building, Rem for the first time takes direct action against the bandits. Just as one might expect, the radiant blades she sends out are rather effective against the demoralized, distracted bandits. With no resistance, she skewers and pins down half a dozen of them. Yet, somehow her knowledge of anatomy and the healing arts guides her attacks at the same time, preventing even a single one of them from being lethal.

    The mob screams, bandits picking up whatever they have at hand and trying to run away, yet it is too late for them. At that moment, Millie comes descending down the stairs, figurative guns blazing. Bolts go flying left and right, around corners, through cover, and striking down every last fool who attempts to escape her wrath.

    Finally, outside, Starislav's spear is thrown with the might of ten men, piercing through three unfortunate victims as it travels. Where it impacts, it does so with a mighty shockwave, throwing down and knocking out the remaining escapees.

    And then, finally, everything is silent.

    You have, just with the four of you, taken down every single guard in this compound, secured both the slaves and Big Feet Zu's vast treasures, and did this all with an absolute minimum of actual casualties. All in all, quite the accomplishment.

    "Ming!" Po's voice suddenly breaks the silence, as the broad-shouldered man comes barrelling out of the house. Ignoring everything else in his way, he runs towards the slave cages, almost not seeing and tumbling into the pit that Starislav created earlier. Several of the slaves gasp and dodge back as he unlocks and tears open the door on one of them with his broad hands, though he seems not to notice.

    "Ming, it's alright! I'm here to save you! It's me, Po! We've come to-"

    "Oh, I recognize you, you unfilial bastard!" comes the retort. From amidst the slave crowd, a young woman of about Po's age steps forward, giving a short cough after her spirited greetings. Like Po himself, she is of Ren descent, though her hair is a long, flowing black veil and her face is almost deathly pale. Though she looks rather thin and fragile, her features are smooth and full, giving her an odd look of fragile beauty.

    That look does not befit the fact that the immediate next thing she does is step up to Po, and give his face a resounding smack. "You think me and the other slaves don't talk? COUGH! COUGH! How dare you come to me like this, villain?" He, for his part, just stands shocked, clearly not having expected that.

    As this happens, you also note Big Feet Zu groaning piteously somewhere up on his balcony. The old man still is pretty clearly out of comission, and not about to do anything.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    And with that, our combat scene is over. Feel free to restore any effort that you had committed for the scene.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

    You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Merilan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Planeptune, Gamindustri
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Rem looks pretty exhausted by the time the battle's done; perhaps not because of the exertion of her powers, since she is a godbound now after all... but perhaps she's realising how taxing it is to make a choice to fight and hurt somebody. No matter how bad or cruel they've been; no matter how much control over her powers to not kill them she has.

    Millie emerges, however, bolts flying left and right as she expresses softly, "Millie... thank you for coming. I--I'm about done on my end too." There's a huge noise outside... was that Shen, or someone else?

    Ming!

    Po's voice turns her head towards where the slaver is hurrying, and Rem winces as she thinks about what's to happen--

    And Ming responds in kind, as she glances towards Po, and then Ming in turn. Her instinct is that of a healer's, first; "My name is Rem, and Po has brought my companions and I here to free you. I understand you're all upset... but first, let me heal those that need to be healed."

    She looks for the slaves to first treat those that've been treated worse by the slavers, hands glowing softly as she gets to work quickly. She casts a glance at Po and Ming as she works, thinking that things may not work the way Po expected them to... and she can't really blame Ming for feeling that way.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Millie shares a glance with Rem as silence falls across Big Feet Zu's estate. It seems almost bizarre, in the moment after so much chaos. But no. They're through. Nothing had gone wrong. Zu and his men are down, their mansion full of stolen finery is now under the party's control, and the slaves are as good as free. They've won. Unambiguously, and beyond a shadow of a doubt. And this... this girl, her friend, who'd once been so ill she worried for her life each day, had been right in the thick of it.

    The Curse Eater grins at Rem, waving a hand at some of the fallen thugs. Her actual words are brief, simple, but deeply sincere. "Nice job."

    The moment is ruined a little by the sound of coughing from upstairs. Millie glances towards it, frowning. Zu. With a nod to Rem, she's sprinting back up towards the balcony. In an instant the huntress is looming over the struggling crime lord, her pointed teeth glinting in a smile. In her hand, she holds a pair of manacles: in an instant one cuff is tight around Zu's hand, and the other rests around the balcony. Millie is about to rise to her feet before remembering the... thing around Zu's neck.

    It's the work of a moment to break the amulet's chain. With that, the Curse Eater lifts and then pockets the celestial shard. Securing that is important. Next, they'll have to secure the unconscious thugs... that could take a while. She looks down to Zu with a wink. "Don't go anywhere, mi'lord. We'll be back for you."

    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    "She has a point, Po."

    Millie is hard at work, walking amongst the fallen men. Each time she kneels down, taking their blade in hand and concentrating. With a flash and an gentle fizzt, the vicious looking sword is replaced by humble shackles fixed between the wretch's arms, and a wrought key: each pair with a matching glyph. At the tenth, she takes a second longer to find some small dagger or knife, and from this she forms a circlet to hold the keys she's forged thus far. The Curse Eater continues her work as she interjects into the couple's conversation, turning to look at Ming as she begins, "He is the one who told us about Zu's activities. He accompanied us to meet him, believing that he was putting his life at risk as a part of the plan to free you all. He attempted to help us despite his fear. He's made an honest effort to be better."

    Shifting to Po, Millie jangles her keys for a second's emphasis before resuming her task. "But does that excuse your past actions? How many girls like Ming got shipped through here, on your watch, before one who mattered to you came along? If it'd been another man who told us about this place; can you say you'd have done anything differently to your fellows here? Would you have had the courage to change without our help?"

    There's no anger in her voice. This isn't a condemnation, more a meditation upon two sides of an argument: trying to give both parties some context and an outsider's viewpoint on a situation with no clear answers. Millie comes to a half before the cage carts, pondering their design before a thought comes to her. "Wait. If we're gods now, do I have to answer this kind of question?" Even though the remark was aloud, it was far more to herself than anyone around her. Millie sighs, "Cr*p. One True Lord of Heaven's Name, I hope we're not gods."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Millie's using the basic Artifice power to forge shackles for the defeated thugs/Big Feet. Once she's done, she'll either use a Miracle to instantly craft enough wagons/cages to convey the men back to town for judgement, or just start work on making them conventionally. She can make most component parts of such a wagon in a round, most notably wheels and tacs, so I don't think finishing this job will take her too long, especially if the slaves are able to help.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground
     
    igordragonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Starislav went and collected his spear, silent and grim, as cloak waved after him.
    KILL! THEM! ALL! wild thoughts roared inside his mind, in three diffrent voices to make it worse.
    'I am no god. I am a devil' for'ced into k'human skin. I am tr'ying to make the best of it.' Starislav said grimmly.
    'I bel'ieve our' duty 'er'e k'has been done. The sl'aves ar'e fr'ee. L'et the l'overs sor't of their' own quarr'el''.
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

    Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    "We've a few other matters before us yet, What to do with these fools for a start. And to see if anyone amongst their captives needs help with passage home, if there are treasures within the manor that need to be returned to them or locals..."

    Still, Millie's familiar with her companion's temperament. With a smile, she waves back in the direction of Gongfang, "If you'd rather be shot of it all though Starislav, why not go take word to Magistrate Li that we've destroyed a notorious ring of bandits and slavers? He'd asked to meet us for dinner, right? Go enjoy the meal while we work."

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Merilan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Planeptune, Gamindustri
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    "... I won't leave these formerly captive people to their own fates after freeing them. Many of them have been removed from their homes, and more yet do not have homes to return to," Rem murmurs, as if speaking from experience. She does, however, smile a little bashfully as the Curse Eater tells her she did a good job. "Millie is right. We should at least confer with the Magistrate to see what he can do -- we should have some leverage given we've rooted out a source of slavery from his territory."

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground
     
    igordragonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Starislav shook his head. 'No dinner's for this old wr'etch.'
    'But I an standing cor'r'ected- we shoul'd accompany those poor' soul's 'ome.'
    He smiled grimmly. "L'ever'age? No. We wil'l' demand. 'E shall do his duty, wether' he l'ike it or' not.'
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

    Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Theoboldi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    As Millie approaches him once more, Zu panics for a moment, desperately crawling backwards away from her before covering his face. It makes it all the easier to manacle his wrist and take the amulet from him. "Wha-" he mutters in disbelieve, perhaps having expected his death at this point.

    Holding onto the celestial shard as she does now, Millie can feel the power within it more clearly than even before. It is eternal and radiant, filling her with an odd warmth like that of a gentle summer day. The shell that holds it just begs to be broken apart, to allow her to consume this power for herself. Yet, she also knows that if she keeps it intact, it may be able to provide the foundation for all manner of mighty artifices. Either way, it brims with a potential that only she and her fellow gods can perceive.

    With this, and many other things catching her attention for now, she leaves Zu behind, who at this point simply stares, baffled, after the goddess. "How?" she can faintly hear him say as she walks down the stairs.

    Down below, the mostly unconscious bandits also offer little resistance to having their hands tied, though many of them voice their astonishment at the magic involved in the process. Likewise, Rem has no troubles taking care of the slaves, who all appear to be deeply thankful to their rescuers, and who are happy to receive healing for the injuries they bare. Whip and burn marks, cuts and bruises, even a few broken fingers. Nothing serious for the most part, and the slaves comment loudly and happily on the skilfulness with which the angelic being before them treats these wounds.

    "Thank you so very much!"

    "I didn't think I'd ever see a healer again!

    "Are these foreign healing arts? I heard they were barbarous, but this is nothing of the sort."

    There is, however, one slave that seems like she might cause Rem more trouble. Ming herself, though she is clearly spirited and full of life, is not just sickly-looking at first glance. Taking a closer look, Rem realizes that she is looking dangerously thin, probably heavily malnourished. Under her eyes hang heavy bags, indicating strong fatigue, which also seems to be the reason for her pale skin. And of course, there is her coughing, which is both constant and heavy enough to indicate some form of lung infection.

    Perhaps a few days ago, she would have had to spend more time to come to the conclusion, but with her divinely strengthened mental prowess Rem is certain that Ming suffers from the White Plague, or Tuberculosis as the more clinical doctors of the Bright Republic call it. Given her current state, it seems unlikely that she will last another year. Annoyingly, she probably has already infected some of the other slaves at this point, though they do not show symptoms yet.

    Unaware of this fact, Ming herself continues to lay into Po. "Lover, huh? Is that what he told you? This oaf always was a troublemaker, even back home! Do you want to hear what he's done to the other slaves? HACK! UACK! COUGH!" The sickly women has to take a moment to regain her breath, during which Po interjects.

    "But, Ming! You're free now. And I never would have hurt you!"

    In return, she throws him a deathly cold glare. "Spare me the excuses." she hisses, her words dripping with disdain. "Have you also told your godly friends about how you tortured the other slaves? HURCK! COUGH! How about when you broke Yun's fingers for a laugh? Or when you nearly branded Jinan with a torch? COUGH!"

    Po stands stunned, unable to form any coherent words in his defence. The situation turns worse as the other slaves begin to chime in, turning towards your party.

    "He's a monster! You should hand him over to the magistrate like the others!"

    "Magistrate? Forget that! You're gods, right? Punish him for what he did!"

    One of them steps up to Starislav, hands balled into fists. "You there, you sound like you know what to do. Whether you're a devil or a god, I don't care, only that he pays!"

    Oddly enough, as they all direct their wishes towards you, you can't help but feel some kind of strength welling within you. Their words and prayers resonate within your heads, leaving you clear-headed in whether you want to grant their desires, but yet fully aware of how they look to your divine authority. Somehow, it makes feel more solid than before, as if the powers within you are getting more tangible than they already are, while also filling you with a kind of hunger for more. It's similar to the feeling that you got while looking at the Celestial Shard earlier.

    Whether or not you wish to indulge these mortals, having your divine authority acknowledged seems to grant you strength.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You are totally getting some Dominion at the end of this scene, just saying.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

    You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Millie grimaces, glancing upwards towards the balcony. A part of the Curse Eater can't help but think of Zu, that the slaves should save their ire for the master of the estate... but no. It's not for her to tell them who to seek vengeance against, their complaints sound legitimate, and if she does nothing the poor idiot might be torn apart by the collective.

    As such, the Theurge walks across to Po, placing a hand on his shoulder and looking into his eyes. "You have done good. And you have done evil. Neither of those things should be forgotten. Neither should be overlooked." Millie smiles, just for a second. "Do you have anything to say in your defense?"

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Merilan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Planeptune, Gamindustri
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    It's with remarkable ease that Rem finds herself capable of healing people, bringing them back up to health in a way she could even scarce imagine when she was a mortal healer. It almost felt like she was cheating, in a way; no, perhaps cheating is a small-minded view of it. Like she only had a scarce element of the bigger picture and now could see more of it.

    Someone asks her if she has foreign healing arts. "I was a member of the Merciful Hand, but I suppose... now I've just been given a little more," she softly says with a smile. That they were vulgar... well, it wouldn't have been the first time she'd heard that. Part of being a healer was to reassure people that she isn't harming more than helping, after all.

    But Ming catches her eye; she bites at her lip as she diagnoses her, both through her medical knowledge and her senses. She winces a little, but the verve in which Ming speaks is perhaps a bit more pressing, though when she doubles over with a cough she moves to support her. "Easy, please..."

    She looks towards her and the others as opinion starts to turn. "It is as Millie says. Becoming involved with slavery warps people, turns them toxic; I have such experiences myself when I have seen people become peer-pressured into doing abhorrent things. But at the same time..."

    She glances to Po, then murmurs, "I would urge -- no, I would request, even beg you all to not pursue vengeance as a course of action. I will do all in my power to help ensure your freedoms..."

    Something is starting to stir deeply within Rem, as the divine aspect within her surges through. She would want Starislav to give his own opinion, she wouldn't dare take that way from him, but at the same time:

    Her wings spread out as she starts to glow with the warmth of the dawn, reaching her hand out to Ming as she whispers, "You have taken ill of the Plague. But as I am now... there is something I can do for you."

    Her hands softly shimmer white as she places them onto her chest, towards her lungs in particular.

    "So please, do not let your heart become blackened."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Let me know if I'm making a mistake, but:

    - I'm going to turn off Body of Burning Light to get back Effort
    - Commit Effort to Hope of the Dawn to convey Rem's wishes to not pursue vengeance and keep hope, and
    - Commit Effort for the scene to use Ender of Plagues to heal Ming and those she has infected of tuberculosis.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground
     
    igordragonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Starislav has pulled out his sword, and pointed at Po.
    "Those good peopl'e say you ar'e cor'r'upted, and even the l'ittl'e good you 'ave br'ought, onl'y coming from car'nal l'ust. Why should we l'et you l'ive?"
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

    Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Theoboldi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Rem's gentle words and deeds do show an effect on the crowd of slaves, as does the display of her divine power. Under her touch, the mundane diseases of everyone assembled just melt away, and even the infection within Ming's lungs recedes with little effort.

    At first, the outspoken woman looks confused, then quickly clasps a hand against her chest as she realizes that her breathing has suddenly become much easier. Though she still looks weak from the ravages of her illness, she has been healed. "You've...." she can just about say before breaking into a smile and closing her ears, perhaps unwilling to let the tears show that are forming in them. "This doesn't make it right. But...thank you. I can't believe it." She wavers for a moment, the relief taking the strength from her knees. From within her, Rem feels another surge of strength-granting faith.

    Still, though this has taken the wind of their sails to some degree, the other slaves still glare angrily at Po, and those nearby Starislav in particular still vocally express their desire for vengeance.

    "Blackened heart? How about his?"

    "Why even listen to him?"

    Po, meanwhile, leaps at the chance to save his own skin. "W-Wait! You've got this all wrong! I'm not after Ming because I want her! We just grew up together, and her family was always good to mine! I couldn't just watch and see her dragged off to Xiao because of that!" Though the argument sounds somewhat strange to your non-Dulimbaian ears, it seems convincing enough to the mostly local slaves, who instead complain that he probably is lying.

    "Look, you'd never have come here if not for me! Let me go and you'll never see me again! I can head south, far away! I'll be gone forever!"
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

    You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground
     
    igordragonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Starislav frowned, black scales have apeared on his forehead as he struggled to contain the entropy within.
    One touch... and this wretch will dissolve into nothingness.

    But if he eve hoped to heal and save, he had to give a second chance.
    "No. R'uning away won't cl'ean you of your' sins. Those sl'aves need a way to r'ebuil'd their' lives. Guide them. Hel'p them. Take r'esponsibil'ity." He said with heavy pants.
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

    Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Merilan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Planeptune, Gamindustri
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Rem looks on kindly to Starislav. She knows a little of the struggle he's dealing with... and moves over to gently put a hand on his shoulder, if he'll have it. "You're doing good," she whispers encouragingly, then nods as he advises Po on taking responsibility to help them.

    She looks to Ming again and shakes her head. "I know. Things don't turn right in a single night. The pains that you've all endured are not to be glossed over so easily."

    She looks towards Po and wonders how he will react to Starislav's words.

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Theoboldi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Ming, in response to Rem's words of encouragement, just nods slightly before slowly sitting down. It does seem like today's events have exhausted her, at least on an emotional level. "Unbelievable." she mutters, barely audible.

    Meanwhile, Po squirms underneath Starislav's gaze. For a moment, you notice his eyes glancing towards the knife at his belt, but the fear in his expression when he looks back at you makes it clear that he's decided against pulling a really stupid move.

    "R-Right! Anything you say! I'll do it!" By this point, the hopelessly outnumbered thug has dropped onto his knees, and is wringing his hands in hopes for mercy. Again, Starislav feels his divine powers strengthening. It appears as though fear is as legitimate a source of faith as adoration.

    "Let's see how he likes it!"

    "Yeah! See if he has fun slaving away!"

    "Somebody get that devil a whip!"

    At the same time, it appears as though public opinion is shifting in favor of your idea, though it seems still heavily motivated by revenge. It's better than a lynch mob, at least.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

    You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Merilan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Planeptune, Gamindustri
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    There's a faint wince from Rem as she at least places an encouraging hand on Ming's shoulder for a moment, looking towards Po and back towards the crowd. Most of the aggression has escaped from their voices, but it would not be right for her to just rob them of their anger. Yet at the same time...

    "Starislav... how would you see to this situation?" she asks a bit more privately to her companion.

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground
     
    igordragonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    "I think that mere vengeance won't e'l'p those peopl'e. Po 'as knowl'edge of the l'ocal' bur'eaucr'acy. He should ser've them by helping them get back into respectful citizen life. But, I won't stop the peopl'e he hurt from 'lynching him. We just should let them see the options.'
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

    Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Merilan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Planeptune, Gamindustri
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    There's a soft noise of understanding from Rem, though she does admit: "... I'd... rather not see anyone be lynched, if I could help it." She turns towards the crowd as she speaks, "As Starislav says, we will hold Po responsible in aiding you back towards a respected, normal life. And if you would still wish to lash out at someone..."

    She steps forward. Her gaze is full of resolve as she speaks, "Then you may strike me in his stead."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •