New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order III - Protecc those Smiles

So any of you guys have that friend that you're really happy for because they just had some amazing luck but also want to punch in the arm just hard enough to show them how jealous you are?

My friend, at an anime convention and not having the best time, bought a bunch of quartz for multi and decided to try and pull for Gilgamesh. On the second multi he pulled Gilgamesh, Karna, two random CEs, and then a second Gilgamesh. Over the course of the weekend he did a total of ten pulls...

He got two Gawains, 3 Gilgamesh total, Karna, a second Umu Bride, and...there was another 4 star, I forget.

...so I used all my tickets to see if this banner was just lucky. Pulled EMIYA Archer, three random cards, than another EMIYA Archer.

...the Gacha is cruel and full of irony. XD On the plus side, my EMIYA is almost at NP 5....wooo?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    So any of you guys have that friend that you're really happy for because they just had some amazing luck but also want to punch in the arm just hard enough to show them how jealous you are?

My friend, at an anime convention and not having the best time, bought a bunch of quartz for multi and decided to try and pull for Gilgamesh. On the second multi he pulled Gilgamesh, Karna, two random CEs, and then a second Gilgamesh. Over the course of the weekend he did a total of ten pulls...

He got two Gawains, 3 Gilgamesh total, Karna, a second Umu Bride, and...there was another 4 star, I forget.

...so I used all my tickets to see if this banner was just lucky. Pulled EMIYA Archer, three random cards, than another EMIYA Archer.

...the Gacha is cruel and full of irony. XD On the plus side, my EMIYA is almost at NP 5....wooo?
    I have this friend of mine, who's a long friend of mine irl (about 8 years, give or take). He started in NA and rerolled for Jeanne D'Arc when the server first started, no big deal, took him 2 days. Anyway, he got Gil during the first Gilgamesh banner, got Nero, got Altera and other SR and SSRs. He later bought a JP account (those with 900 SQ for 5 dlls), and rolled hard for Nightingale. He got, I'm not kidding, 3 Merlins during his quest for Florence, because the FGO Stage banner was up at the time. He then bought another account for 900 SQ (he traded the JP account for a new NA one with several SSRs, including Florence), and rolled. He got way too many SSRs, he has most assassin SSRs, Berserkers, many limited ones, and still gets them to this date.

He's damn EX+++ luck when it comes for gacha games, so it happens in Hearthstone and Azur Lane, which upsets me a lot, especially when he does not level his servant skills!

Ah, his Hijikata was the servant that carried me last year during the Meiji Isshin rerun.
    Last edited by Yael; 2019-04-15 at 08:39 PM.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh - kind of wish they'd have given us a week in between GUDAGUDA events instead. One dead week is important to keep people caught up and let the pressure off, two is overkill.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

4. - Top - End - #424

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    Oh - kind of wish they'd have given us a week in between GUDAGUDA events instead. One dead week is important to keep people caught up and let the pressure off, two is overkill.
    Yep, not having a gap week between the Guda guda meiji restoration put a lot of pressure on me. Combine that with awful grind rates, and you have a recipe for incomplete event farm. =(

5. - Top - End - #425
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    Yep, not having a gap week between the Guda guda meiji restoration put a lot of pressure on me. Combine that with awful grind rates, and you have a recipe for incomplete event farm. =(
    Yeah I only really did enough Meiji Restoration to get Chacha NP5 and full ascension, beyond that I just felt meh about the whole thing.

I'm pretty well positioned for CCC though. I've got Nero fully maxed w/ 2 grails, Tamamo Waifu fully maxed, then EMIYA, Li Shuwen, Lancerbeth, Tamamo Cat, Classic Cu and Lu Bu all at Max level, and then Nursery Rhyme at 70 on top of all that. A good day or two when the caster embers pop up could fix her.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I suppose that's the advantage of playing FGO on an emulator on my computer. I can do other things at the same time without having to pay attention to a phone so the grinding is less of a pain.
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2019-04-16 at 08:58 AM.

7. - Top - End - #427

They've updated Interludes on JP to give 10 Quartz for every 10 you do, so I've been working on those, plenty of embers from all these events.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Make sure you pound out the weekly missions asap. Nothing worse than having to break away from an event because it just isn't giving you what you need to finish those.
    I usually do them passively... most weeks i clear all of them.

been watching youtube videos alongside playing and it really eases the grind with no event. was able to clear all of the latest singularity's free quest...

then proceeded to blow everything (39 and a ticket). ended up with "A Fragment of 2030" (which i wanted but didn't want to get my hopes up so i was pleasantly surprised.)

i have to stop pulling so i can save up for this halloween and next summer-ish. No more pulling!

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

I can surely say this represent most of us, at the moment.

"**** if I know."

10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground

no, i am on a training montage with my kohai in toe. lancerbeth and gawain are in desperate need of levels, and i want to horde at least a vault of saber embers on the off chance i do roll suzuka gozen. (or either of the sakura faces i guess though not particularly looking for them.)

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

11. - Top - End - #431
    Troll in the Playground

I've actually moved to working on my free quests. I'm clearing Babylonia now, and then its just Shinjuku.

Factotum Variants!

12. - Top - End - #432
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Currently grinding out QP while waiting for Caster Training Day. Took some time to grind bond points for LArtoria as she was close to Bond 7. Nero, LizB, and Emiya are all also close so I might work on them soon. But its going to take 50 runs of the Mountain Boar Hunt to get Nero done, and shes both the farthest from bond level up and the real goal. If my AP is full I can do about 6 runs. Its going to take some time when QP and Caster Gems are more important for immediate goals.

Also, I was wondering what the point of entering your birthday in the master info screen is? Is there extra dialogue unlocked from favourite servents in the My Room screen? Or is it just an extra little detail that does nothing?

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    Also, I was wondering what the point of entering your birthday in the master info screen is? Is there extra dialogue unlocked from favourite servents in the My Room screen? Or is it just an extra little detail that does nothing?
    There is, actually! Every Servant has a different way of greeting you on your birthday. Even Zerkalot. (For once, a response not about Arthur!)
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

14. - Top - End - #434
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    I can surely say this represent most of us, at the moment.

Yes, yes it does.

but-

since i've been on a small break from drawing, my interest in playing has really gone up.

i've got a few albums i want to listen through, so i can use that time to farm while listening.

gonna mainly focus on leveling up the upcoming event servants i have. and maybe some qp farming. Having apples is such a blessing in this game. (got like 50 at the moment. i best not get reckless and blast through all of them before the event )

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ellenate View Post
    gonna mainly focus on leveling up the upcoming event servants i have. and maybe some qp farming. Having apples is such a blessing in this game. (got like 50 at the moment. i best not get reckless and blast through all of them before the event )
    *looks at pile of 249 golden apples*

Yes. Apples.

Factotum Variants!

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Yes. Apples.
    lol, I know that feeling. I'm almost down to 200 because I've used about thirty of them to get saber and archer embers for Gawain and Tristan.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Orc in the Playground

When i first started, i ran out of them during the prisma causeway event. It was so nerve wracking running off of fumes, i thought i wasn't going to be able to finish it in time.

18. - Top - End - #438

Yes. Apples.
    >.> *Looks at pile of 450 golden apples*

.....Yessss, apples.... I remember using a ton during the Solomon event to kill pillars, I remember getting 100-200 of multiple pillars because of using a ton of apples, but usually I can just do events on the AP that's just normally available.
    Last edited by Manticoran; 2019-04-18 at 10:50 AM.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

I'm usually okay about apple spending; I tend to start conserving them if I drop to 50-60, and spending them more freely as I go up. I'm in the 90s at the moment, and spending them occasionally for levelling. (I want to get Mebd up to a reasonable level before Seraph, and also have enough QP and embers for the friends I plan to make.)
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

20. - Top - End - #440

NecromancerGirl

I have trouble getting above 150 gold apples. Sitting at 140ish. I mostly use silver and bronze for daily grinding. At a little under 80 for those.

21. - Top - End - #441

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    I have trouble getting above 150 gold apples. Sitting at 140ish. I mostly use silver and bronze for daily grinding. At a little under 80 for those.
    I reserve the silver and bronze to mitigate real life issues. If I'm a few points short from a 40ap quest, those can buy me three hours of extra time to deal with stuff before logging back into the game.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ettin in the Playground

My friend pulled three more times...Gilgamesh is now NP 5.

FML.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

23. - Top - End - #443

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    My friend pulled three more times...Gilgamesh is now NP 5.

FML.
    Are you sure your friend isn't a whale and lying to you about how much they pull? Because they sound like a whale.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manticoran View Post
    Are you sure your friend isn't a whale and lying to you about how much they pull? Because they sound like a whale.
    could you blame them?

It's not a stretch to think that person wouldn't want to be forthcoming about the actual numbers.

edit: granted i've been luck while spending nothing, so i guess it's not impossible
    Last edited by ellenate; 2019-04-18 at 06:06 PM.

25. - Top - End - #445

NecromancerGirl

could you blame them?

It's not a stretch to think that person wouldn't want to be forthcoming about the actual numbers.

edit: granted i've been luck while spending nothing, so i guess it's not impossible
    I got Medb in a single Ticket and Cu in 4. LArtoria in 3 tickets. Martha Ruler and Archuria back to back in the same ten roll. A second Ozy and a second Nitocris when trying for Musashi, so I got the longer odds there.

We all have stories of lucky pulls or crazy odds. Its one of the reasons we still put up with the gacha even in long dry spells cause we all hope that lucky 1 roll 5 star is just around the corner.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

could you blame them?

Keep in mind, twelve sets of 10-puts is 360 saint quartz, which isn't necessarily small fry. With that, your chances of getting an NP5 Gilgamesh are about 1 in 600, which is pretty small but not nothing.

Your chances of getting at least seven 5* servants is way lower; about 1 in 4500. But on average, if you do get seven 5* servants, the chances that five of them will be Gil when he's the feature is about 31% (with another 22% chance of getting four, and 24% chance of getting six and being sad.)

Those are low odds, but given how many players there are in this game, they're not impossible odds. Especially if there are a few summon tickets thrown in there that aren't being counted.

*EDIT* I realized that I was plugging in the chances of getting exactly that number, rather than at least that number. Odds have been adjusted slightly upwards.
    Last edited by Friv; 2019-04-18 at 06:54 PM.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

So, on a whim, threw a couple of tickets at the banner today. CE, CE... Golden orbs.

Umu.

Not Bride!Umu, but Classic!Umu. Still, I now have an Umu.

Pardon me. I need to level the crap out of her before the event.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    So, on a whim, threw a couple of tickets at the banner today. CE, CE... Golden orbs.

Umu.

Congrats on your glorious red Umu! She was the first Saber I got that wasn't crap, and has carried me a long ways.

Factotum Variants!

29. - Top - End - #449

BlackDragon

Gratz. Umu is good civ.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post

Umu.

Congrats!

She's good, her survivability is top tier, and she's good Rome.

"**** if I know."