New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order III - Protecc those Smiles

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I'll see you and raise you.

But yeah. Both are really good. Key thing to keep in mind is that if you charge ahead hastily, you can actually mess yourself over in the long run. So it really helps to follow a walkthrough.
    Also: Scathach's scrapbook is very good civilization. Oh my.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Bugbear in the Playground

Managed to get Lip without JK Fox, so I call that a successful roll.

Event seems big, but there's 3 weeks to do everything, so I'm not too worried yet.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground

So I had a change of heart and a realization...its not a good idea to roll on a banner if the only thing you want on it is a five star servant. Its just not, so as much as I want Kiara or an uncensored Demiya I decided to go all in on the banner that had three servants I would like to get.

So 1 ticket and 14 multi-pulls occurred after that.

Final score?

Suzuka Gozen at NP 4 (JK Fox really likes me apparently...)
    Waver going from NP2 to NP3
    A shiny new Orion! (Woooo!)
    3 MLB Tsukimihara Student Council
    3 five star CEs (I forgrt its name)
    2 MLB the Cage

As for Alter Egos?

NP 2 Passionlip!!
    NP 2 Melt!!!

HELLS YEAH BABY!
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2019-04-24 at 03:50 PM.

4. - Top - End - #514

Melts fully ascended. Her skills will take a little longer due to my working on Karna lately, but they'll come along too. Got the MLB Sakura Chip Drop CE on her as well, for farming pleasure on the support list.
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Final score?

Suzuka Gozen at NP 4 (JK Fox really likes me apparently...)
    Waver going from NP2 to NP3
    A shiny new Orion! (Woooo!)
    3 MLB Tsukimihara Student Council
    3 five star CEs (I forgrt its name)
    2 MLB the Cage

As for Alter Egos?

NP 2 Passionlip!!
    NP 2 Melt!!!

HELLS YEAH BABY!
    Holy crap, friendo. That's some nice pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeRaids View Post
    Melts fully ascended. Her skills will take a little longer due to my working on Karna lately, but they'll come along too. Got the MLB Sakura Chip Drop CE on her as well, for farming pleasure on the support list.
    I seriously want to level Lip. I probably could, with the shop. But I'm actually holding off, because I'm pretty sure I'mma need BB's help taking out that final boss. Apparently the shop mats are enough to level BB, but I don't know how far you can get beyond that with them, so Lip's just gonna take a back seat awhile.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

6. - Top - End - #516

I had a bunch of embers saved since I knew I was going to roll a bunch here. I wanted to level whatever the shiniest thing I got was quickly! The shop embers will go to BB. And probably the turn of the month Embers too.
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ettin in the Playground

Holy crap, friendo. That's some nice pulls.
    Yeah, had some pretty killer luck and I'm glad it happened now. After Onigashima and Rashoman, this was my most anticipated event.

I seriously want to level Lip. I probably could, with the shop. But I'm actually holding off, because I'm pretty sure I'mma need BB's help taking out that final boss. Apparently the shop mats are enough to level BB, but I don't know how far you can get beyond that with them, so Lip's just gonna take a back seat awhile.
    Passionlip is pretty handy and I keep hearing the shop embers are enough to level up BB for the missions...but....I'd rather max her level out at least! So I might not be Appling the event just yet, but I'm throwing silver apples at the training grounds so I can level up Melt, Suzuka, and BB.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

8. - Top - End - #518
    Troll in the Playground

I still wish I had gotten Lip instead of Melt, that Rocket Punch is too awesome. but Melt is apparently a really good assassin killer, which is good since casters don't do so much damage.

I'm waiting for the next part to unlock tonight, so I'll be spending the day's stamina farming chips to buy those embers for BB, because you HAVE to level her for the missions if you want to clear everything.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I'm thankful that we have something like three weeks to complete the event. It's a very much more relaxed time limit than the two-weeks marathons we usually get.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    I'm thankful that we have something like three weeks to complete the event. It's a very much more relaxed time limit than the two-weeks marathons we usually get.
    Don't get too relaxed though, we're given such a big time limit because there is a lot to be done. Just something to keep in the back of your mind is all.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Don't get too relaxed though, we're given such a big time limit because there is a lot to be done. Just something to keep in the back of your mind is all.
    I completed the Excel event and I was way lower level than I am right now (and this time, I have loads of bonus currency servants). As long as I don't waste too much AP, I'll be in a good position to complete the end sprint when using apples becomes more useful.
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2019-04-25 at 11:06 AM.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

I completed the Excel event and I was way lower level than I am right now (and this time, I have loads of bonus currency servants). As long as I don't waste too much AP, I'll be in a good position to complete the end sprint when using apples becomes more useful.
    the excel event is much easier and less grindy than this event will be.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

13. - Top - End - #523

NecromancerGirl

Goodness that PassionLip battle is rough. Took Nero, TamCat, Emiya support, Emiya, Liz, VladLance. Cost me both my Seals and a SQ. Alter Egos not having a weak to class is rough. And if I was at 3/4 hp I still would lose someone to her NP. Also her stun is borked. She ends her turn with being stunned. Its got the icon as I select my cards. She still acts immediately after. The stun icon is a lie. But I got it done and over with so now I can move on to the pillar fight. The later fight with Melt makes me worried though. At least shes a single target so I will only lose 1 person at a time rather then most of my party.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Does she have an auto-cleanse special skill for the fight? It could be why she didn't stay stunned.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    Goodness that PassionLip battle is rough. Took Nero, TamCat, Emiya support, Emiya, Liz, VladLance. Cost me both my Seals and a SQ. Alter Egos not having a weak to class is rough. And if I was at 3/4 hp I still would lose someone to her NP. Also her stun is borked. She ends her turn with being stunned. Its got the icon as I select my cards. She still acts immediately after. The stun icon is a lie. But I got it done and over with so now I can move on to the pillar fight. The later fight with Melt makes me worried though. At least shes a single target so I will only lose 1 person at a time rather then most of my party.
    Yeah, given how tough some of the later battles look, I fully expect to spend a few quartz to finish them.

Factotum Variants!

16. - Top - End - #526

Her stun only lasts for one round. If she uses her ability first, she loses the rest of her moves. Still, it would be nice if the icon didn't hang around to fake you out.

I spent my command spells on her, though I probably should have withdrawn and tried again with Mash and better CEs instead of Hijikata, who didn't do much of anything before going down to an NP. I suspect Mash would be amazing that fight combined with the HP regen.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

17. - Top - End - #527

Lip and Melt are divine, so Fondant au Chocolat works great. Put it on a berserker and go to town.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Troll in the Playground

I only needed my seals to take down lip. You want to take Knight Classes, as they take half damage from Alter Egos, but it's still a very rough fight.

Factotum Variants!

19. - Top - End - #529
    Troll in the Playground

spent a bit of birthday money on the banner and after 4 10 pulls i got exactly what i wanted and not a penny more... The gotcha can be fair but firm at times. first two pulls got nothings but a single generic 4 star CE each, the next two pulls had three generic 4 star CEs, 2 event 3 star CEs, and the two Suzukas i wanted for an NP2 fake fox saber, she may not be tamamo (though i already have each NA tamamo) but she is still great. now i have a bit of paid SQ for summer GSSR, but i am a little dissapointed that i won't have an Alter Ego or even one of the student council CEs, bur this year is dense for me for servants i want so i need to save even the remaining tickets i am going to get. Maybe in the rerun event i can go for a sakura face alter ego, maybe even the big one.

As far as grinding the event goes i think i am a little behind some people but according to the guides i am getting far more sakura chips than expected like 2-3 times more and i MLB'd the CE for em cause i want to maximize the drops while having much more useful CEs equipped. though for the generic farming quests i often have my 3 star banner CEs and the free 5 star rate up CEs equipped which are that bad of CEs.

Also this might be, in my opinion, the most fun event yet.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2019-04-26 at 01:50 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

20. - Top - End - #530

NecromancerGirl

Given recent story bits in todays batch of missions, the next banner is soon. I shiver in antici....

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    Given recent story bits in todays batch of missions, the next banner is soon. I shiver in antici....
    (Say it... Say it!)

So, blew some more tickets, got a JK Fox. Wasn't particularly interested in recruiting a JK Fox. Have a Foxwaifu. She's delightful and doesn't typically make me want to gouge my eyes out. Yet here we are.

Honestly, I'm not complaining too much. Until very recently, my only solid Saber option was Lancelot, and he's ST. And while I have since gotten Nero!Classic, Suzuka is much more effectively designed for AoE farming. I just... don't like the character. I don't. Not particularly fond of the art, not a fan of the personality. The event does a great job of showcasing Melt, which makes sense because she's the 5-star banner goal, and a decent job of showcasing Lip, but Suzuka simply doesn't sizzle.

So now I have a JK Fox.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Well, I have returned. I got BB and everything is well in the world.

Earth-Chan is safe from tentacles...for now.

I feel like kind of a chump for clearing out the KP Shop, but I ended up convincing myself that it's the way it's technically supposed to be done. I'm well aware that it's theoretically possible to deal with...that. However, While I have many of the components required to make it work I didn't feel like bashing my head against the wall a hundred times just for bragging rights.

As far as pulls go. I had something like 90 SQ spent on the event so far and all of the Summoning tickets thus far(I don't know if we get any more after the May 1st stuff becomes unlocked or if it's just farm for BB ascension and NP, but its fine either way).

I managed to pull Passionlip and Suzuka...along with a fair helping of event CE's(only one Conquering the great sea of stars though. That makes me sad).

Suzuka was a surprise, because I...Wasn't even aware of her existence before I pulled her. I mostly heard about Lip and Melt and those were the two prominent on the banner and didn't even see Suzuka peeking out from becide the CE's. I immediately regretted getting her when she appeared in the event, but due to my near constant drought of 4-5 Star Saber's. I can't really say no.

I would have enjoyed getting Melt, but at this point i'll have to settle for a near sweep of the Servants available so far and save whatever's left for a shot at Kiara. I won't be upset if I don't get her, but I would be remissed if I didn't even try.

Also a quick F to my real life friend who spent nearly 300 Quartz to get Melt and got a constant stream of minimum rolls and no Servants. He is FTP and was saving for Kiara since February-ish, but broke down and went for Melt hoping to pull her. He is regretting his choices now.

I made some openings on my friends list if anyone that isn't on it is interested. User ID: 854,214,650
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    teleporting Hyper Nixon solves problems with Patriotism.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leecros View Post
    I feel like kind of a chump for clearing out the KP Shop, but I ended up convincing myself that it's the way it's technically supposed to be done. I'm well aware that it's theoretically possible to deal with...that. However, While I have many of the components required to make it work I didn't feel like bashing my head against the wall a hundred times just for bragging rights.

I made some openings on my friends list if anyone that isn't on it is interested. User ID: 854,214,650
    I feel the same way about spending some SQ on some of these fights. Like the fight against Melt or BB. I'm just not going to pound my head on those when my best effort gets me just a bit shy of winning.

My pulls earlier when the event started got me JK Fox and Melt, which is nice. I wanted Lip though, but i can't complain, Melt is solid, and using her from my friends (because I'm saving embers for BB) has made a lot of this farming easier, given how many caster and rider mobs there are.

Factotum Variants!

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    I feel the same way about spending some SQ on some of these fights. Like the fight against Melt or BB. I'm just not going to pound my head on those when my best effort gets me just a bit shy of winning.
    Yeah. I had that issue with a few of the bosses. Fortunately, not with BB, for one very simple reason - tag-team Ruler Martha. It was embarrassing, after how frustrating some of the other fights were, to just curb-stomp BB like that. The memes were true! The memes were true!

Seriously, if you haven't fought BB yet, bring a friend's Ruler Martha. It's cruel.

I still have a teensy bit of farming before I clear the final boss, but I'm in a comfortable cruising lane at this point.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah. I had that issue with a few of the bosses. Fortunately, not with BB, for one very simple reason - tag-team Ruler Martha. It was embarrassing, after how frustrating some of the other fights were, to just curb-stomp BB like that. The memes were true! The memes were true!

Seriously, if you haven't fought BB yet, bring a friend's Ruler Martha. It's cruel.

I still have a teensy bit of farming before I clear the final boss, but I'm in a comfortable cruising lane at this point.
    I did. She didn't last past the second wave of trash and I had to use an SQ anyway. I suppose if I had brought the mystic code that lets me swap out party members it might have helped, but most of both lines had been fairly crushed by the time I reached BB anyway.

So much farming left to do. At least there's some time.

Factotum Variants!

26. - Top - End - #536

NecromancerGirl

Sitting at 85 missions done and nothing to do until the third map opens on thursday. After spending a SQ on both Lip and Melt's fights, Kiara cost me only my command seals. Took ozy jack support merlin herc lizb and cu. They lasted until she was at 15k before being crushed. But jack came back and dealt the final blow, very fitting i feel. Just going to spend this down time farming chips on weakness ear. Got a team that gives me +12 chips and has room for BB and Chalda Lunchtime. Getting a head start on 3 of those last 15 missions.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

So this storyline really left me wanting to pull Melt. I know a lot of past Singularities do a good job pulling at the heartstrings and making you want to give a happy end to the Servants involved (read: pull like a whale), but I was able to hold off on those. For whatever reason, though, I just really wanted to pull for Melt after this one. (Is this what having a waifu is like?)

So I blew five tickets and walked away with five CEs.

And then, for reasons known only to the ages, I decided to blow 30 SQ on one more pull. I proceeded to get a bunch of CEs with shiny frames, which immediately told me I wasn't getting something nice. Then I did get something nice - another JK Fox. Fine, point made. And then the last card on my pull, an Alter Ego. Figured it was Lip again, that's fine, I could upgrade her NP.

Melt came home, folks.

I'm not even going to try for Kiara. I'm set. This has been a very productive event for me. I'mma just level my BB, my Melt, my Lip, my JK Fox, and my Waver who let's not forget is also here, and I'm gonna set back until Eresh shows up. I am good, thanks. I am really, really good.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Troll in the Playground

So this storyline really left me wanting to pull Melt. I know a lot of past Singularities do a good job pulling at the heartstrings and making you want to give a happy end to the Servants involved (read: pull like a whale), but I was able to hold off on those. For whatever reason, though, I just really wanted to pull for Melt after this one. (Is this what having a waifu is like?)

So I blew five tickets and walked away with five CEs.

And then, for reasons known only to the ages, I decided to blow 30 SQ on one more pull. I proceeded to get a bunch of CEs with shiny frames, which immediately told me I wasn't getting something nice. Then I did get something nice - another JK Fox. Fine, point made. And then the last card on my pull, an Alter Ego. Figured it was Lip again, that's fine, I could upgrade her NP.

Melt came home, folks.

I'm not even going to try for Kiara. I'm set. This has been a very productive event for me. I'mma just level my BB, my Melt, my Lip, my JK Fox, and my Waver who let's not forget is also here, and I'm gonna set back until Eresh shows up. I am good, thanks. I am really, really good.
    Grats on the lucky pull. I'm done pulling myself, save that any more tickets that come out of this event will go on the Kiara banner., from there on it's everything for Eresh.

Factotum Variants!

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Melt seems to have dropped for more people than usual. I don't know if the people I know are luckier, or if she's actually got a higher drop rate, but it's quite the coincidence that people get her in only a few rolls.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

Melt seems to have dropped for more people than usual. I don't know if the people I know are luckier, or if she's actually got a higher drop rate, but it's quite the coincidence that people get her in only a few rolls.
    Where "only a few rolls," in my case, was 90 SQ and 30+ tickets. But yeah, that's actually a higher frequency than usual. Could be RNG, could be that they deliberately made this banner more merciful since the Servants are (1) an extremely rare class, and (2) not going to recur for... what... ever? Was there even a rerun of this event?

Is it possible that the devs were slightly more generous with this event? Maybe. But I'mma chalk it up to the impartial randomness of a machine rather than the generosity of humans. The former just seems more likely.