New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Scourge’s Landing: Aiden V’Isante

Date: 8 am, 12th of the High Sun, 213 N.R.
    The hot sun beats down on you as you stand on the deck of the Silver Dragon, a small, three mast shipping vessel that you were able to procure a ride from, crossing the ocean from your far away homeland. The deck is bustling with deckhands, shuffling about, preparing to unload the current shipment of goods and repairing sails from lasts night’s rather brisk storm. You had planned to take the ship farther, but due to the storm, the ship will be grounded for a few days, and will head directly back from whence you came once repaired. Good thing you didn’t have a specific destination in mind. You find yourself at port in what appears to be a small port town. Looking around you notice the ship’s captain, Captain Trubald on the dock. The captain is a rather jovial, chubby human, but right now he seems frustrated. Next to him stands Kelvar, the first mate. Kelvar is a mighty man,with a short temper. Small tusks jut from his mouth, confirming his half-orc origin, as if you couldn’t tell from his ugliness, size and scars. The two are arguing with a tall elf, who must be a member of the port authority.

Room:
    Silver Dragon Top Deck
    The top deck of the shipping vessel, the Silver Dragon, is usually bustling with activity. Three tall masts rise high above you, allowing for the vessel to be one of the fastest cargo ships around. The boat rocks back forth, how hard depends on the temperament of the wind and water.

Move Options:
    North: Scourge’s Landing Dock 3
    East Stairs: Silver Dragon Lower Hallway
    West Stairs: Silver Dragon Cargo Hold
    South: Overboard

Speaking Options:
    Random deckhands

Spoiler: Aiden V’Isante
    Show
    Character Sheet

Born into the Noble house of V'Isante, Aiden V'Isante, is the youngest of 6 children. In the V'Isante family there is a deep-rooted legend that no one speaks about outside the family. Every few generations, one child is afflicted with the "curse." These members of the family generally are hidden away and not allowed to leave the family grounds. It's been 3 generations since the curse has affected the V'Isante family and it started to drift into legend.

On Aiden's 13th birthday, he noticed scales gradually forming on his back and right leg. Knowing what this meant for him, he hid it for as long as he could, which was pretty easy as they kept falling off. Successfully hiding it for 2 and a half years from everyone, he finally slipped, and his sister who was the next youngest saw them. By this point the scales stopped falling off and were starting to slowly cover the right side of his mid-drift. His sister Lyra went straight to his father and told him about the scales showing up on Aiden.

Aiden's father was furious with him that he would hide this for so long knowing what it would have meant for the family if it got out. For the next 5 years Aiden was kept hidden at home. When Aiden turned 20 the scales had worked their way down his right leg and up the right side of his back and over his shoulder. One day Aiden realized the curse was more of a blessing as he started to discover he had arcane abilities.

After using his first spell the scales slowly crept up his neck and onto the downside of his jaw. Upon showing his father, they came to an agreement. Aiden would be allowed to leave the grounds to find more of what these powers might lead to. Using the name Andan Cyphus, Aiden headed out into the world to find out who he was and what he was capable of. Heading to the coast he hopped the first ship, the Silver Dragon, and left for lands and adventures unknown.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Reskinning some spells should be fine. If you wanna send me a spell from the other books you have in mind, I’m sure I’ll be fine with it.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: ScourgeÂ’s Landing: Aiden VÂ’Isante

Full of both excitement and fear, Aiden pulls his scarf snug against his neck making the beating heat even hotter. Reminding himself that this is the price he must pay to keep his secret, he heads towards the landing dock. Aiden is in awe as he looks out over this port town, thinking to himself, this is what I have been missing the past 5 years. As he stops to pause and look around one last time before exiting the ship, he catches the first deck hand running by. "Sir, could you please tell me what port this is and where a good place to start my adventure would be?" Even Aiden knew this was a lame question to ask, but by this point all of the deck hands had come to terms with Aiden's boastful adventure seeking. It had actually become somewhat of a joke on the ship. One of the few in his life that he was apart of, and not the butt of.

Show
    Aiden is looking for just some general information about the town and also a good place to start an adventure. I'm also pretty new to the whole PbP thing so if there is something you'd like to see different or something you see I'm doing "wrong" just let me know.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Scourge’s Landing: Aiden V’Isante

The deckhand stops what he is doing, which was mostly busy work you noticed anyway, what with the first-mate and captain busy after all.

“You been rattlin’ off for weeks ‘bout venturing. This right here is Scourge’s Landing. If I were you, I’d head to the dock board, its down at the end of ere dock in the center of them market stalls. Should have jobs postin’s, you gonna need the coin I’m reckonin.”

Room:
    Silver Dragon Top Deck
    The top deck of the shipping vessel, the Silver Dragon, is usually bustling with activity. Three tall masts rise high above you, allowing for the vessel to be one of the fastest cargo ships around. The boat rocks back forth, how hard depends on the temperament of the wind and water.

Move Options:
    North: Scourge’s Landing Dock 3
    East Stairs: Silver Dragon Lower Hallway
    West Stairs: Silver Dragon Cargo Hold

Speaking Options:
    Random deckhands

Show
    I don’t think there is a doing wrong, unless it gets you killed, lol.

4. - Top - End - #4

Nodding towards the deck hand in a genuine gesture of thanks, Aiden turns towards the dock and begins to head off the ship. Upon reaching the edge of the ship he pauses. Letting a deep breath of coastal air fill his lungs. As he exhales he grips the scarf around his neck and yanks it off as he tells himself, "You are no longer Aiden V’Isante so there is no reason to hide your true-self. Andan Cyphus is going to take this world by storm."

Before exiting the ship, Andan strips off his long sleeve shirt, revealing a dark tank top underneath, and stuffs it into his backpack. As he stands up, placing the backpack back on his back, he listens for the gasps that are are sure to follow his new appearance. He looks over his now bare, scale covered shoulder and smiles at the deck hand's bewildered look. As Andan walks down the plank to the dock, there is a strong gust of wind that blows through his hair. He decides that he no longer needs this scarf and simply let's go of everything he tried to hide letting the wind carry it away.

Show
    Aiden will move north towards the Scourge’s Landing Dock 3 and exit the boat unless stopped or engaged by someone else. If he gets stopped he will wait to pull off his scarf until he is actually leaving the boat. He will then start heading towards the board that the deck hand told him about.

Aiden has been covering up and hiding his scales the entire trip up to this point. Always wearing long sleeve or quarter length shirts with a scarf on. His appearance now is a dark tank top revealing black dragon scales from half way up the right side of his neck, down his shoulder disappearing into the tank-top on the right side. He also has scales wrapping down his arm stopping just before his elbow.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Date: 8:05 am, 12th of the High Sun, 213 N.R.
    It takes but a few a minutes to get off the boat, but it seems like an eternity. Your scarf flutters away in the wind, getting lost behind you like your homeland. Once on to the dock, Captain Trubald appears to be arguing with the port authority still. Other than the ships crew who are slightly shocked to know you had scales, you hardly get much notice. The peoples of the port seem to be highly varied, from elves to humans, dragonborn, even goblins, and every humanoid in between.

Room:
    Scourge’s Landing Dock 3
    One of several docks that run from the main pier that stretches horizontal to the coastline, the dock is about a hundred and twenty feet in length, long enough to hold two average size shipping vessels on each side, and is twenty feet wide for the length of it. Various loads of cargo await to be loaded onto ships, or be moved to the warehouses that lay beyond the docks.

Move Options:
    North- The Last Wife (cargo ship)
    East- Overboard
    South- The Silver Dragon
    West- Scourge’s Landing Main Pier

Speaking Options:
    Random Pier Guards
    Random Dock Workers
    Dock 3 Port Authority
    Captain Trubald
    First-mate Kelvar

6. - Top - End - #6

As Andan is walking down the plank, stepping onto the dock, he takes extra care as to what the Captain and the port authority are saying.

Show
    (1d20)[4] Rolling to see what I am able to pick up. I didn't add any modifier so you can choose what mod for me to use.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Even though you missed the first part of the conversation, it is apparent that the captain is very upset with having to pay extra to port here, since this was not their intended port listed on his manifest.

Captain Trubald continues to argue his case about tattered sails, and not being able to leave for Emerald Bay for several days, but the elf seems not willing to budge.

Room:
    Scourge’s Landing Dock 3
    One of several docks that run from the main pier that stretches horizontal to the coastline, the dock is about a hundred and twenty feet in length, long enough to hold two average size shipping vessels on each side, and is twenty feet wide for the length of it. Various loads of cargo await to be loaded onto ships, or be moved to the warehouses that lay beyond the docks.

Move Options:
    East- Overboard
    South- The Silver Dragon

Speaking Options:
    Random Pier Guards
    Random Dock Workers
    Dock 3 Port Authority
    Captain Trubald
    First-mate Kelvar

8. - Top - End - #8

Andan perks up his shoulders, walks over to where the captain and port authority are talking and clears his throat. "Ahem. Captain I wanted to take you for taking me on this amazing journey. Best of luck to you all on your next leg." Turning to the port authority I will flash my best smile and request, "Please, would you cut him a bit of slack. We have been through a heck of a few days."

Show
    (1d20+5)[14] Rolling to pursuance the deck hand to go easy. I am also keeping an eye out for any prejudices from the port authority.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

The captain smiles, happy for the interruption, “You are quite welcome and are welcome on my ship anytime.“

The elf looks to you, “Fine, usual docking fees. I suppose continuing the argument will only be a waste of time and I have other ships to attend to.”

The captain’s smile grows even wider, and he thanks you and shakes your hand.

You have no doubt the elf would have been much more friendly to others, but what he has against Captain Trubald, is not clear.

Room:
    Scourge’s Landing Dock 3

Move Options:
    East- Overboard
    South- The Silver Dragon

Speaking Options:
    Random Pier Guards
    Random Dock Workers
    Dock 3 Port Authority
    Captain Trubald
    First-mate Kelvar

10. - Top - End - #10

After watching the port authority walk a little further down the dock, Andan turns back to the captain. He smiles and says, "I'm sure he would have come around eventually. I'm off now. I hope our paths cross again."

Turning to leave, Andan waves over his shoulder to the captain as he heads towards the Main Pier.

Room:
    Scourge’s Landing Dock 3

Move Options:

Speaking Options:
    Captain Trubald

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Date: 8:10 am, 12th of the High Sun, 213 N.R.
    The captain continues smiling and waving for a moment before heading back onto the ship to work on unloading cargo and fixing the sails. The main pier is bustling with activity. Just ahead of you, you spot the pier’s small market. After the first line of stalls is the board that the deckhand had told you about. No body seems pay much attention to a new comer around here. The port seems to bring in a lot of traffic.

Room:
    Scourge’s Landing Main Pier
    The main pier stretches across the length of the dock district. Six long docks stretch out from it for the towns shipping industry. Four warehouse border the inland side of the pier. A small marketplace with few different vendors sits next to one side of a gate leading into the walled town. On the right side of the gate is an inn and tavern. At the far end of the pier, the shipping industry ends, and the docks turn into a fisherman’s wharf for the locals. The pier is usually filled with workers, guard patrols, travelers and fishermen.

Move Options:
    North: Fisherman’s Wharf
    East 1: Scourge’s Landing Dock 6
    East 2: Scourge’s Landing Dock 5
    East 3: Scourge’s Landing Dock 4
    East 4: Scourge’s Landing Dock 3
    East 5: Scourge’s Landing Dock 2
    East 6: Scourge’s Landing Dock 1
    West 1: Warehouse 4
    West 2: Warehouse 3
    West 3: The Rusty Gauntlet
    West 4: Scourge’s Landing Dock Gate
    West 5: Dock Market Stalls
    West 6: Warehouse 2
    West 7: Warehouse 1

Speaking Options:
    Random Town Guards
    Random Dock Workers
    Random Ship Workers
    Random Fisherman

12. - Top - End - #12

Gazing around at all the hustle and bustle of the day, Andan allows himself to get lost for a bit in the chaos. Upon returning to himself he finds he is in front of the board and begins to inspect it closely.

Show
    Andan will gaze over the board looking for potential jobs or tasks that need to be taken care of that he believes he is able to handle.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Date: 8:10 am, 12th of the High Sun, 213 N.R.
    Moving through already crowded market, you move to the board. You quickly realize that the deckhand definitely sent you to the right place. The board is covered with all manner of flyers.

Room:
    Dock Market Stalls
    During the day, the small, double row of twelve market stalls, is usually nearly full of merchants that have rented a booth for the day. Basic supplies, fresh seafood, fresh vegetables, grains, clothes, supplies for boats and other necessities and easily be found during operation hours. In the evenings, the stalls are bare and shut down around nightfall. There is a notice board that has all manner of information, warnings, missing persons, etc posted on it. Behind the stalls is the down wall, and it is just next to the gate leading into Scourge’s Landing.

Move Options:
    North: Scourge’s Landing Dock Gate
    East: Scourge’s Landing Main Pier

Speaking Options:
    Various Merchants
    Town Guards
    Random Customers
    Random Sailors
    Random Dock Workers

Current Board:
    Pinned to the board are several pieces of paper:
    1. Market Stall Rental: To rent, see a Scourge’s Landing Port Authority Officer. 1 silver per day.
    2. Wanted: Mack the Knifer, murderer, arsonists, dead 10 gold, alive, 50 gold. See Sheriff for inquiries
    3. Missing: Alimbre Paskir, young brunette, human girl, last seen outside of her farm north of Scourge’s Landing.
    4. Job: Caravan Guards needed. Pay negotiable. Dangerous, to Frost District.
    5. Job: Town Guards needed. Inquire at Scourge’s Keep.
    6. Help Wanted: Clearing land for homestead build. Kobold problem. See Alexa Trubald in the Merchant’s Quarters at Alexa’s Foreign Goods.
    7. Crewman needed for The Dainty Maiden. Dock 4.
    8. Lightwalkers Needed: The town of Noxdrek is looking for light walkers who will work towards becoming a vampire through devotion and loyalty.
    9. Show: The traveling ministries group, One Leg Too Many, will be performing from the 12th to 15th of High Sun nightly at the Big Horn Tavern.
    10. Taxes: All taxes for the last month are due by the 15th. Arrest warrants will be made for delinquent tax payers. See tax officer for payment or extensions.
    11. For Sale: Trained Dire Rats, 50 gp. See Stromad Elsor in Riversfork.
    12. Needed: Dragon Poppy Flowers. Please see Alina Woodrow, at The Good Herb in Talon Pass.
    13. Paying Double:Double the usual rate for dire boar feet. Need for next year’s Pickled Pigs Feet Festival. See Scaley The Wag at the Green Jo’bli Tavern.

14. - Top - End - #14

As Andan ponders over the different jobs, he pulls out a notebook and starts jotting a few things down.

Spoiler: Andan's Notebook
    Show
    Alimbre Paskir, young brunette, human girl - farm to north
    Alexa Trubald - Merchant’s Quarters at Alexa’s Foreign Goods
    Collect dire boar feet - Scaley The Wag at the Green Jo’bli Tavern

After jotting a few notes to himself, Andan begins to ponder if any of these could be accomplished on his own. After realizing he may need a little help, he will start looking around for a nearby tavern or bar to potentially see if he can find any adventures up for a little jaunt.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Date: 8:15 am, 12th of the High Sun, 213 N.R.
    Though looking past the bustling crowd is difficult, you can see the inn you spotted from the pier on the other side of the gate that leads into town. Dock side taverns and inns are notoriously rough. The Rusty Gauntlet looks to hold true to this. You cannot see the Green Jo’bli Tavern from where you stand, it must be further into town, inside the open gates.

Room:
    Dock Market Stalls
    During the day, the small, double row of twelve market stalls, is usually nearly full of merchants that have rented a booth for the day. Basic supplies, fresh seafood, fresh vegetables, grains, clothes, supplies for boats and other necessities and easily be found during operation hours. In the evenings, the stalls are bare and shut down around nightfall. There is a notice board that has all manner of information, warnings, missing persons, etc posted on it. Behind the stalls is the down wall, and it is just next to the gate leading into Scourge’s Landing.

Move Options:

Speaking Options:
    Various Merchants
    Town Guards
    Random Customers
    Random Sailors
    Random Dock Workers

16. - Top - End - #16

After spotting The Rusty Gauntlet, Andan decides to himself that that's as good enough place to start. With a rumbling stomach, a dry mouth, and a hopeful attitude, Andan begins to make his way through the heavy crowd. Keeping one had to his coin purse he heads towards The Rusty Gauntlet.

Move Options:
    To the entrance of The Rusty Gauntlet

Speaking Options:
    None

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Sticking your hand down to your coin purse, you realize that your hand isn’t the only one in your pocket. You look down to see a young boy snatching your purse. He darts north towards the town gate.

Room:
    Dock Market Stalls
    During the day, the small, double row of twelve market stalls, is usually nearly full of merchants that have rented a booth for the day. Basic supplies, fresh seafood, fresh vegetables, grains, clothes, supplies for boats and other necessities and easily be found during operation hours. In the evenings, the stalls are bare and shut down around nightfall. There is a notice board that has all manner of information, warnings, missing persons, etc posted on it. Behind the stalls is the town wall, and it is just next to the gate leading into Scourge’s Landing.

Move Options:

Speaking Options:
    Various Merchants
    Town Guards
    Random Customers
    Random Sailors
    Random Dock Workers

Show

I don’t see listed how much coin you have listed on your character sheet. How did you know I intended to take it??

Also, you may make a grab attempt in each room while the boy is being pursued if you choose to do so starting in this room. You may apply your dex bonus.

You can also attack in any other manner you wish.

18. - Top - End - #18

Andan goes to pat his purse to ensure it's safe keeping with the ever growing crowd. Just as he is thinking to himself, "can't be too careful," he bumps against the hand that is already lifting his purse from his belt.

Looking down as the assailant begins to make his way off, Andan instinctively makes a grab for the young boys arm.

Show
    With the Noble background I have 25gp. I added it to the sheet. And I will make sure to have all of my sheet finished being filled out. I think it didn't save one time I was in it and is missing a lot of the personality and looks.

And I had no idea, but as a noble, who hasn't gotten out of the house much, he would have heard stories from his siblings about big crowds and warnings from them to always protect your purse. So character wise it made sense. Also that is the only bit of money his father was going to give him so he needed to protect it dearly. So lucky for me I added that bit in there lol.

(1d20+2)[11] - Roll with Dex mod to try and catch the boy.

Spoiler: Edit
    Show
    Andan will also be chasing after the boy as well if the grab doesn't catch him. Also for future rulings, would you consider my attempt to grab him and the chase to put us in the 'fighting' condition
    Last edited by RolleyPolley; 2020-05-20 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Additional Action Added

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

The boy is entirely too quick for you, he must be a pro. He darts through the crowd. You chase him towards the town gate. The pair of guards are slow to react, having been lulled into laziness, but they immediately know what is up.

“Get the boy!” one of the guards yells, but both guards are too slow, and you are able to attempt to grab him before he makes it inside the gate.

People jump out of the way as you pursue the boy but they are too preoccupied to try and stop the child.

Room:
    Scourge’s Landing Dock Gate
    The wall and gate are approximately fifteen feet high. There are always at least two guards manning the gate on the ground. Sometimes there are guards on top of the wall as well, but only on particularly high traffic days. During the day, the gate is open, however at night, the gate is closed. Just to the north of the gate is the Rusty Gauntlet, and to the south is the dock’s market. To the west, the town opens up on a cobble stone path.

Move Options:
    North: The Rusty Gauntlet
    South: Scourge’s Landing Dock Market Stalls
    West: South Merchant’s Road

Speaking Options:
    Town Guards
    Random Townsfolk
    Child Thief

Show

Grab checked needed for this room.

Also another check with dex modifier to keep up with the boy in case you fail to grab him.

For any condition, spell, etc requiring combat, yes you can consider yourself in combat.

20. - Top - End - #20

After watching how quick the little boy is, Andan takes off after him with everything he has. Andan thinks to himself that he must get his purse back. That purse was all he had left. With a wave of his hand and a quick spoken word, Aden cries out, "Boy, why would you steal from one of your close friends? Please stop so we can talk this out."

Unsure if the spell worked, Andan continues to run with the guards after the boy.

Speaking Option:
    Child Thief

Show
    Andan casts Charm Person on the boy. Wisdom Save with DC13

Potential Deception roll (1d20+5)[9] and if Charm Person succeeded my advantage roll (1d20+5)[10]

(1d20+2)[11] - Roll with Dex mod to keep up

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Your charm person spell succeeds, and the boy stops and looks at you, then looks at the guards coming at him. The boy turns to you, “I’m sorry... uhh friend.”

The young boy looks at the purse then back at you as the guards close in.

Room:
    The wall and gate are approximately fifteen feet high. There are always at least two guards manning the gate on the ground. Sometimes there are guards on top of the wall as well, but only on particularly high traffic days. During the day, the gate is open, however at night, the gate is closed. Just to the north of the gate is the Rusty Gauntlet, and to the south is the dock’s market. To the west, the town opens up on a cobble stone path.

Move Options:

Speaking Options:
    Town Guards
    Random Townsfolk
    Child Thief

Show

The guards will count as companions if they touch the boy. You can intercede if you’d like or do whatever. At the end of the turn though if you don’t do anything they will grab him and the charm will end.

22. - Top - End - #22

As Andan hurriedly chases after the boy, he isn't the only one surprised by the boy suddenly stopping. Quick thinking allows Andan to take control of the situation. Turning to the guards he quickly says, "Oh I'm sorry you got caught up in our pranks, we do this from time to time." To the boy Andan says, "Very funny, you got me good this time, I'll be taking my purse back. Also did you still have that other purse you were going to give me as well?" Andan chuckles to himself, might as well try and get what I can since this little boy was already trying to swindle me.

Speaking Options:
    Town Guards
    Child Thief
    Last edited by RolleyPolley; 2020-05-21 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Spelling

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Date: 8:20 am, 12th of the High Sun, 213 N.R.
    A small crowd begins to form over the commotion. Upon seeing the boy stop and hearing you say it was a prank, one of the guards, a tall, slender human, is slightly furious at the joke.

“I don’t know what you are trying to pull here, but both you and the boy better move along, I don’t want to see you pulling anymore shenanigans in town!” He huffs, and begins helping the other guard disperse the curious on lookers.

The boy hands you your purse back, then smiles and says, “Yeah, I got your other purse too.”

He reaches in his pocket and passes you a coin purse. Inside the purse is 14 silver pieces.

Room:

Move Options:

Speaking Options:
    Town Guards
    Random Townsfolk
    Child Thief

24. - Top - End - #24

Pocketing both purses Andan turns to the boy, "Thanks kid, remember, we said we weren't going to do this again. I really think you should give up on the whole pick-pocketing thing. Now hurry home." Andan shakes his head while thinking to himself, "What have I gotten myself into."

After watching the boy scurry away, Andan casually walks to the guard. In a timid voice he says, "Umm Sir, I'm really sorry for what happened back there. It truly was what you thought. He was picking my pockets, but with a bit of magic I was able to get it back. I'm sorry for the little lie but had you grabbed him my magic would have ended. I wanted to end things in a peaceful manner."

Show
    (1d20+5)[17] -(Should only be +3 since insight is Wisdom so it’s 15) Andan would like to roll an insight check on the guard to see how he took the whole scenario, with particular attention to both how he now sees Andan, as well as how the guard reacts to him stating he used magic.

Also would Andan have any particular knowledge about how magic is viewed in this area? During his trip on the boat he would have been openly using magic where it came in handy.
    Last edited by RolleyPolley; 2020-05-21 at 08:50 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Date: 8:20 am, 12th of the High Sun, 213 N.R.
    The young boy quickly runs off as he is told.

The guard glares at you sternly, “You think I’m a half wit and don’t know that you charmed the kid? You know that is illegal, but I don’t feel like dealing with arresting a kid and a petty magician. Now, I said move along, or I might change my mind.”

The guard is clearly upset with you but also is willing to let it go.

Room:

Move Options:

Speaking Options:
    Town Guards
    Random Townsfolk

Spoiler: Magic
    Show
    Harmful magic is a criminal offense inside most population centers unless otherwise noted. Charm person would most certainly fall into this category.

26. - Top - End - #26

With a resigned nod to the guard, Andan allows himself to slunk away. "I clearly have a lot to learn if I'm going to keep myself out of trouble." Not wanting to deal with the milling crowd who watched the commotion, and feeling the eyes on his back, Andan turns to make his way west. As he meanders down the cobblestone road he stops to take in his surroundings.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Date: 8:25 am, 12th of the High Sun, 213 N.R.
    The cobblestone street turns north once through the dock gates. People bustle about doing their daily business. From first glance, this is a thriving town. Looking down side streets you see that to your west, the houses behind the main market street are much more run down and the houses behind those on the east side of the street.

Room:
    South Merchant’s Road
    The street is line with various shops of all types. Most buildings are two or three stories in height. The shops on the bottom, living quarters on top. There are several cart vendors that sale various common goods such as fruits and vegetables from local farms. Several side streets run east and west to other parts of the town. At the north end of the street is the town’s center square.

Move Options:
    North: Town Center
    East: Southside District
    South: Scourge’s Landing Dock Gate
    West: Scourge Town District

Business Options to Enter:
    Big Horn Tavern
    Ace’s Magic Shop
    Bakery
    Barber Shop
    Ale and Wine Store
    Butcher
    Fish Market
    Hat Shop
    Jewelry Store
    Multiple Clothing Stores
    General Store
    Leather Goods Store
    Shoe Store

Speaking Options:
    Random Townsfolk
    Random Cart Vendors
    Town Guards

28. - Top - End - #28

As his stomach grumbles, Andan makes his way to the bakery to put some shackles on his hunger. After buying a quick snack he begins to make his way to the Town Center until his eyes catch on a particularly interesting shop. With awe and amazement he quickly walks over to Ace’s Magic Shop and heads in through the door.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Date: 8:35 am, 12th of the High Sun, 213 N.R.
    After a quick stop for some fresh baked goodies, you wander into Ace’s Magic Shop. To say the proprietor behind the counter is your typical wizard, is the most understated thing ever. Dressed in a long blue robe, blue pointy hat, and long silver beard, he seems to be playing it up quite well. His long wooden staff, complete with a closed gauntlet on top, the symbol that must be the town’s designation. A crow sits perched on a stand beside him, scanning the room intently. The only other customer in the shop is a young male halfling, definitely a spell caster, as he is browsing through the shops spell components and a small wand, and dagger both hang from his side.

The proprietor pipes up, “Welcome, welcome, looking for anything specific good sorcerer?”

He smiles, having noticed your scales, he has no problem announcing that another magic-user has arrived at his establishment.

Room:
    Ace’s Magic Shop
    The small shop contains many shelves of various spell components. There is a small shelf of magical potions, empty vials and other items needed for brewing potions. Other items include non-magical staffs, wands, daggers and other small weapons and tools of the craft. Racks of clothes contain various robes and attire for spellcasters. There is even a shelf of basic items for druids and a religious section for the local clerics and paladins.

Move Options:
    East: Backroom

Speaking Options:
    Ace the Propreitor
    Male Halfling Spellcaster

30. - Top - End - #30

With a surprised look on his face, Andan stares up at the gallant wizard, as he thinks to himself, "It's nice to be called something other then cursed. I could get used to sorcerer." Andan opens up in a rather overly excited voice, "I'm just here to look around. I've never seen such an amazing store. Anything you might suggest to a budding...Sorcerer?!"

As Andan continues to glance around at all of the magical items and components his mind starts to wander off imagining all of the amazing spells that he might one day be able to cast.