New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,475 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: What Are You Playing Right Now, Part 2: Daggerfall

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Been playing XCOM 2 myself lately, having a lot of fun despite its flaws. Killed one chosen, the Warlock, but still have the others to take down before i unlock the alien rulers - only one random boss per mission, thanks.
    I've not seen the Chosen and Rulers on the same mission. But then I used the Integrate DLC option which means they first spawn on facility missions instead of the story mission that unlocks them.

(I think the Assassin is the best one to take out first, she's the one with no counterplay when she shows up)

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    I've not seen the Chosen and Rulers on the same mission. But then I used the Integrate DLC option which means they first spawn on facility missions instead of the story mission that unlocks them.

(I think the Assassin is the best one to take out first, she's the one with no counterplay when she shows up)
    I'm a real cautious player, so I only go after the chosen once they've got a full meter on me. In this game it's Warlock>Assassin>Hunter, one month between each.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Had a game myself--wanted to try out the start where your species is the vassal of a Fallen Empire. And I think I completely wasted it, because they gave me a fleet of their ships (worth about 5.4k) a year in and I just used that as an opportunity to not build any ships for a while rather than steamrolling my neighbours. Mind you, I guess I wouldn't have had enough influence to really do well there anyway, and while that start gives you the "Scion" casus beli on all other empires, using that just causes the other empire to become a scion of your overlord--you don't gain anything from it personally.
    Scion is like easy mode for new players. Where you don't focus on the micromanagement of your empire and just go and war against everyone in sight. I thought it was going to be where you are biding your time to break free from your Fallen Empire Overlord, get a few negative value by being subservient to them while getting the value of Fallen Empire protection as well as a science boost, but it turns out to be just 100% positive and overpowered.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

This one lasted about 15 months. Wagers on how long the new thread will last?
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Scion is like easy mode for new players. Where you don't focus on the micromanagement of your empire and just go and war against everyone in sight. I thought it was going to be where you are biding your time to break free from your Fallen Empire Overlord, get a few negative value by being subservient to them while getting the value of Fallen Empire protection as well as a science boost, but it turns out to be just 100% positive and overpowered.
    Well, you can't actually win the game as a scion without taking out your overlord, so there's that, and supporting a 5.4k fleet in 2201 takes a little bit of effort--I don't think it's quite as easy mode as you're saying it is. Nonetheless, I definitely messed it up by doing my usual "turtle up and see where I end up after a few decades" start, it really needs you to be aggressive early doors.