New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

Quote Originally Posted by Braininthejar2 View Post
    It's astounding how creative Oda is in finding new ways for people to be jerks in his stories.
    Very much my sentiment. It's bad enough that destitute areas in Wano had people drinking poisoned water from Kaido's megafactory run-off, then we got the Bingo/Bongo/Bungo scam, and this.

This whole deal reminded me of the whole Koala ordeal, except this was systematically done by those in power and not by some survival instinct.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Colossus in the Playground

Talk about a messed up situation.

But yeah, not much to say. Brilliant chapter that is a really good pay off to something we've known about for awhile. It's time for Sanji and Zoro to kick some ass, hopefully.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

So, random thought that occurred to me : how would a Strawhat Crew Battle Royale play out? I mean, we know Luffy is ahead of everyone else, but enough to guarantee a victory? Who is the real number two? Is everyone else out of the picture from the beginning?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

4. - Top - End - #244

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    So, random thought that occurred to me : how would a Strawhat Crew Battle Royale play out? I mean, we know Luffy is ahead of everyone else, but enough to guarantee a victory? Who is the real number two? Is everyone else out of the picture from the beginning?
    Zorro would be his worst matchup imo. He is naturally weaker against bladed weaponry, and zorro has a lot of skill with using haki on his swords. Now if zorro could defeat luffy even with that is another question. Im not sure how physically durable zorro is in comparison to the damage luffy can dish out if he lands a hit. As for the rest, his second worst matchup would be jinbe, I think we have seen that his fishman karate can bypass his rubber body very effectively, I admit to being unsure how that is effected by haki though, and we have also seen his VERY high level of skill. Everyone else is a relative stomp.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

If they are out at sea during the battle royal, anyone else aside from Jimbei or Sanji would either perish during the Battle Royal or soon after.

Luffy and Zoro are probably the most likely to win the BR, but their crap navigational skills compounded by Luffy's DF weaknesses and Zoro's terrible sense of direction would mean either (heck, both) end up the way they should hadn't they met Nami the first time--dead in the middle of the sea. Luffy is one bad weather away from certain death. Both can die by eating poisoned meat.

During the BR, Jimbei can at least retreat and heal up underwater whenever needed, and would be able to counter DF users with Waterbending Mermen Jujitsu by basically flooding the whole Sunny. He is most likely to survive in the middle of the sea even on a bad weather, and I'm betting on him knowing which marine meat are safe to eat in order to survive.

Sanji would really have to use his noggin to survive the BR. Let everyone duke it out while he airwalks far away using geppo or the raid suit, but maybe not before kicking Sunny in half first. Hopefully Jimbei is taken care of by Luffy and/or Zoro, otherwise he might lose to him. Hopefully Nami-swan gets taken out before too, otherwise Sanji will not be able to directly hurt her (stupid Jump Force logic is stupid). His BR win will be likely by virtue of simply outlasting or overpowering everyone else that survived Sunny's destruction. For a guy whose dream is to find all Blue, I'm betting on him having enough sense of direction and navigational skills to survive being out and alone at sea. He can still air walk for whatever those are worth, too.
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Zorro would be his worst matchup imo. He is naturally weaker against bladed weaponry, and zorro has a lot of skill with using haki on his swords. Now if zorro could defeat luffy even with that is another question. Im not sure how physically durable zorro is in comparison to the damage luffy can dish out if he lands a hit. As for the rest, his second worst matchup would be jinbe, I think we have seen that his fishman karate can bypass his rubber body very effectively, I admit to being unsure how that is effected by haki though, and we have also seen his VERY high level of skill. Everyone else is a relative stomp.
    There's also the outside chance that Zoro is actually stronger than Luffy right now.

5 arcs post-timeskip and he STILL hasn't had to even try in a fight yet.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    There's also the outside chance that Zoro is actually stronger than Luffy right now.

5 arcs post-timeskip and he STILL hasn't had to even try in a fight yet.
    Well, he revently got stabbed badly but that was unfair. And I don't know how easy his fight with Picca was. Yeah, he didn't work hard but he also was far from Mingo in power.
    I don't think Zoro could beat Luffy alone, but if h and Sanji / the rest team up I think Luffy's out.
    Also, honestly, I still didn't (don't) consider Jinbei a Strawhat. (yes, yes, I know)
    "What's done is done."

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

I think the ranking of the monster trio remains more or less unchanged.
    Luffy still isnt so strong that his victory over Zorro is a given thing, or might not end costing an arm.
    And Zorro isnt so strong his victory over Sanji is given either, even if its a direct fight.

But it has always seemed like this serie ran on a point buy system.
    The smart members like Nami and Usop are also kinda weak.
    While the physical powerhouses are kinda dumb as a bag full of rocks.

That way everyone has their time and moment to shine.
    But so i do think Luffy places in top due to the main character.

Zorro meanwhile isnt that. And while not directly being dumb, then
    he isnt smart either. He is a ruthless pragmatist who are often able to find the simple solution,
    But his survival skills suck. His main skill lies in the art of cutting.
    And so it makes sense he is extremely good at it.

Sanji at the likely 3rd spot is part of the monster trio i think partly from sheer momentum.
    But while Luffy and Zorro have been getting better at in your face fighting, then it seems he has been pushed towards
    more of an mobility focused style, thats further augumented by his stealth suit.
    And so i dont think combat wise he can contest the two top spots.

Franky and Jimbey meanwhile are kinda hard to estimate.
    Franky showed himself as a solid fighter in his introduction. But it seemed clear that he were behind the Monster Trio
    in the CP 9 fight. His opponent were rated beneath Sanji's, who were beneath Zorro and so on.

Jimbey is of course the actual wild card here. As we dont really have anything to properly measure his power with.
    Though just from being a former warlord, one could argue that the monster trio has become a quartet.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

We will never see a level Franky fight, they are always under a handicap. He fought a CP9 member without any resources then stomped him once he got cola, tied with pre-gear 2 Luffy, stomped two members of Mingo's crew then refused to use his weapons and beat a third member.

Franky like Jimbei is smart but honorable, they fill too much design space.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Franky somehow never registers as really high tier to me. He too rarely gets a chance to shine, at least not with feats on the level of the monsters. I might even put Robin above him, though that is probably unfair.
    I wonder if there is a chance for one of the weaker ones to win, e.g. I could see Nami manipulating things until she is left with only Sanji and then winning by surrender.
    "What's done is done."

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Franky somehow never registers as really high tier to me. He too rarely gets a chance to shine, at least not with feats on the level of the monsters. I might even put Robin above him, though that is probably unfair.
    I wonder if there is a chance for one of the weaker ones to win, e.g. I could see Nami manipulating things until she is left with only Sanji and then winning by surrender.
    If its one big FFA brawl in the middle of a town or a forest?
    Definitly. I would directly predict the monster trio would lose there.
    Simply because they would all rush into the middle to fight one another.

And that would likely eleminate Luffy, Zorro, Sanji, Frankei and Jimbey.
    Who all to one degree or another are idiots.

Here i actually would say the winner is likely to be Robin.
    She has the perfect blend of combat power, stealth and brain.

And she is ruthless enough to quietly assasinate everyone else who are smart enough to not instantly jump into the big central pile.
    Meanwhile i dont think the pile will have any winner. Whoever comes out on top will be to broken to fight anything else.

12. - Top - End - #252

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    We will never see a level Franky fight, they are always under a handicap. He fought a CP9 member without any resources then stomped him once he got cola, tied with pre-gear 2 Luffy, stomped two members of Mingo's crew then refused to use his weapons and beat a third member.

Franky like Jimbei is smart but honorable, they fill too much design space.
    Dont forget what else happened at enis. Franky took his best shot at lucci and didnt even ruffle his clothes. Meanwhile luffy was able to at least match, if not exceed lucci at that point. As for jinbe, remember he fought ace to a standstill way back in the past making it a matter of raw endurance to determine a victor. He fought a logia type to a near draw with no devil fruit of his own, just his mastery of fishman karate, experience, and raw skill. Thats why I find him right up there with zorro for being a danger to luffy's number 1 slot. The fishman is just really really good and strong.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Dont forget what else happened at enis. Franky took his best shot at lucci and didnt even ruffle his clothes. Meanwhile luffy was able to at least match, if not exceed lucci at that point. As for jinbe, remember he fought ace to a standstill way back in the past making it a matter of raw endurance to determine a victor. He fought a logia type to a near draw with no devil fruit of his own, just his mastery of fishman karate, experience, and raw skill. Thats why I find him right up there with zorro for being a danger to luffy's number 1 slot. The fishman is just really really good and strong.
    Franky also straight up crushes Blueno, who was strong enough Luffy used Gear 2 to beat him. Lucci and Luffy were also both certain Lucci could kill all of the Strawhats, Luffy got a massive powerup to beat him.

Franky's powerup since the time stop have not been explored much. He and his opponent thought his radical laser could destroy the indestructible smiles factory, which would make him the only character shown breaking seastone. He has a much bigger beam weapon they rarely use, and a transforming super body presumably full of rockets and guns that he has only used to punch.

He also doesn't have haki though, and is very slow. So he likely nukes someone then gets cut in half if they are death fighting. Being a bulletproof cyborg isn't what it used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

14. - Top - End - #254

Franky also straight up crushes Blueno, who was strong enough Luffy used Gear 2 to beat him. Lucci and Luffy were also both certain Lucci could kill all of the Strawhats, Luffy got a massive powerup to beat him.

Franky's powerup since the time stop have not been explored much. He and his opponent thought his radical laser could destroy the indestructible smiles factory, which would make him the only character shown breaking seastone. He has a much bigger beam weapon they rarely use, and a transforming super body presumably full of rockets and guns that he has only used to punch.

He also doesn't have haki though, and is very slow. So he likely nukes someone then gets cut in half if they are death fighting. Being a bulletproof cyborg isn't what it used to be.
    Too be fair, luffy straight up wrecked blueno with gear 2. Just absolutely and utterly overpowered him. Blueno was too slow, too weak, too little of anything to compete once luffy went gear second. It was only his door door fruit that complicated matters and even that was basically only good to buy him some time. In gear 2, luffy was more or less on par with lucci who was basically exponentially stronger than everyone else in cp9. At the very least he was close enough for lucci to need to really go all out rather than stand there and smirk his way to victory. I agree though that franky hasnt really had the chance to shine, and its possible we look down on him because unlike say, zorro or luffy, he didnt learn haki or unlock awesome skills, he built better tech to fight with instead, which makes you wonder if he can hang with the monsters at all. I mean sure, maybe his radical beam could do what you say, but he would likely never, ever hit luffy with it in a straight up fight due to the speed difference between them. Which makes it useless. Im not sure how tough his robo body is, or too be more precise, his mech suit bodies. But something tells me a mountain slicer like zorro isnt going to struggle much to get past it, and neither is a city breaker like luffy. Not without some serious shenanigans.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of which, if somebody should be considering seastone armor, it should be Franky. Indeed nobody else can break it, and Franky's already walking around in a tough artificial shell so he could just coat himself in that stuff to have invulnerable plating and tire out any opponents.
    Last edited by deuterio12; 2019-05-28 at 09:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: New chapter
    Show

So Franky is bulletproof.

Although later the prison guards use bullets just to knock an escaped prisioner unconscious. Were they set to stun?

Seems like the prison chief warden isn't all talk since he can casually deflects a blow from Luffy. Although he still won't actually sacrifice any prisioner.

"It doesn't matter how much HP you have, everybody drowns about the same."

Also brain damaged big momma has arrived at the prison. Take your bets about who will survive the following cannibal carnage banquet.

"You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deuterio12 View Post
    Spoiler: New chapter
    Show

So Franky is bulletproof.

Although later the prison guards use bullets just to knock an escaped prisioner unconscious. Were they set to stun?

Seems like the prison chief warden isn't all talk since he can casually deflects a blow from Luffy. Although he still won't actually sacrifice any prisioner.

"It doesn't matter how much HP you have, everybody drowns about the same."

Also brain damaged big momma has arrived at the prison. Take your bets about who will survive the following cannibal carnage banquet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Franky's been bulletproof since his first appearance, one of the few characters that naturally is.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Kekkersboy

My gaming and ideas channel.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Franky's been bulletproof since his first appearance, one of the few characters that naturally is.
    "Naturally" isn't quite the right word for Franky, but he has been bulletproof due to his metal body modifications since his introduction, yes. He was notably not protected against bullets in the back pre-timeskip because he had been unable to reach his own back for modifications all by himself. Not sure if that is still the case with his far more drastically altered body post-timeskip.
    You are a Rose, You are a blade
    I'm Down on my knees in the dark and fiery reign
    -David Defeis, Virgin Steele

The Official Pharaoh Pimp - Power Metal at its finest!

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Please, Luffy was bouncing bullets off his chest from the start too and whitout need of any artificial fake enhancenents, he only uses 100% natural Devil Fruit for his gun immunity.

Zorro can parry bullets with his blades and the girls are too cute for anybody to shoot at them and the coward dude just shoots first and chopper can hulk out with medical doping for insane durability and sanji can parry bullets with his feet.

Thinking about it at this point it would be easier to point out the named characters that aren't bullet proof.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Oda-sensei, calm down. You can give us a break in between whammies...
    (because I'm too lazy to check, that's the guy zoro fought, right?)
    "What's done is done."

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of which, if somebody should be considering seastone armor, it should be Franky. Indeed nobody else can break it, and Franky's already walking around in a tough artificial shell so he could just coat himself in that stuff to have invulnerable plating and tire out any opponents.
    Or just make a shield out of it?
    Though i suspect that working seastone requires specialised knowledge and tools.
    I dont think Franky have what he needs to make such a shield.

(because I'm too lazy to check, that's the guy zoro fought, right?)
    It is. Its the guy who were enough of danger to make Zorro accept taking a wound to beat him.
    (even if some bastard were also taking shots at his back)

Still, only way to describe todays chapter is -Awesome-
    Spoiler
    Show

Just for a start, then it gave the chills to see Zorro finding something he care enough about to actually get angry.
    And it was even more of a surprise to see that, who was it, Kyoshire, were actually skilled enough to get in his way.
    Did we ever figure out what had become of the missing Boy Ashura? Did someone else already suggest it might be this guy.

Also, yeah Queen is the real deal, even if this was only G1 Luffy, then swatting his punch aside like that is a impressive feat.
    I am still waiting for Luffy to figure out he can drag the collar off because he is a rubberman though

22. - Top - End - #262

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Or just make a shield out of it?
    Though i suspect that working seastone requires specialised knowledge and tools.
    I dont think Franky have what he needs to make such a shield.

It is. Its the guy who were enough of danger to make Zorro accept taking a wound to beat him.
    (even if some bastard were also taking shots at his back)

Still, only way to describe todays chapter is -Awesome-
    Spoiler
    Show

Just for a start, then it gave the chills to see Zorro finding something he care enough about to actually get angry.
    And it was even more of a surprise to see that, who was it, Kyoshire, were actually skilled enough to get in his way.
    Did we ever figure out what had become of the missing Boy Ashura? Did someone else already suggest it might be this guy.

Also, yeah Queen is the real deal, even if this was only G1 Luffy, then swatting his punch aside like that is a impressive feat.
    I am still waiting for Luffy to figure out he can drag the collar off because he is a rubberman though
    Too be fair, considering franky has knowledge of building pluton, he likely has access to all sorts of justification for whatever crafting skills you want to give him. "Did you know if you treat it right, a lump of seastone the size of my hand can cause SUUUUPER nuclear explosions?"

23. - Top - End - #263

Man, I feel kinda bad for Killer. He really is a bit of a goof, but you can tell Kid feels bad about it and treats his crew like Luffy treats his.

Excited to see where this goes, honestly. It's interesting. And of course... Mom is here.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Too be fair, considering franky has knowledge of building pluton, he likely has access to all sorts of justification for whatever crafting skills you want to give him. "Did you know if you treat it right, a lump of seastone the size of my hand can cause SUUUUPER nuclear explosions?"
    Yes there is justification for a lot of things.
    But im just about certain actually giving him working knowlede of sea stone crafting is the last thing Oda wants.
    He could easily have given Frankie lots of sea stone upgrades. But he didnt for clear reason.

25. - Top - End - #265

ah, a typical hiatus week.

He does it on purpose, doesn't he?

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

That was some quick worfing.

Spoiler
    Show

Queen no-selled Luffy's angry punch in human form last chapter only to get his his dinossaur shape skull smashed by hungry big momma.

Also he's really insane. Terminally insane. The mooks seem to still have some neurons working though, they better start running to find some oshiruko.

Plus Zorro finally surpasses the party's cook at something.

27. - Top - End - #267

Well, no matter how crazy he gets, he's constantly surrounded by lots of people who smile at his antics.

That might skew his perspective a bit.

And now we need to wait two weeks to learn if he gets up after that punch.

Also love Hawkings being a villain.

28. - Top - End - #268

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    Hawkins has a nice power for being a villian, and being pretty smart as well. I like it.

Well Queen, nice knowing you. Don't stand between Big Mon and her food, and thanks for showing the power gap between an emperor and a commander.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

It's rare to see luffy actually shocked, i figured he wasn't even going to bat and eye at her being there.

Law is like the worst person to try such a scheme against...

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    Mooks:Oh no, an emperor of the sea! Same as Kaido
    Luffy: Am I a joke to you?

For real, though. You know how fake his status is as a yonko if he calls Big Mom's sudden appearance a "nightmare". Big Mom no-selled the YC that no-selled kairoseki-trained haki-trained Luffy.

By the way, Queen was serious. All muscles underneath that fat.