New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1313
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Heights of Londo [IC 4: Turnabout Trainers]

Leah sighs, sitting herself on the ground next to Sass and leaning her back against the counter. "I-I promise, Sass... You're an amazing trainer, I want to see what you can accomplish. And, uh, and I want to help you on that journey."

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Colossus in the Playground

Reluctance flickers across Sass' face, then she holds a fist out to the two girls, not making eye contact with either of them.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa looks at the fist, then Leah, not really sure what she's supposed to do in this situation.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah glances to Alyssa, then back to Sass. She reaches out and bop's Sass' extended fist with her own.

Show

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa follow suit, bopping Sass's outstreached fist with her own.

6. - Top - End - #1236

Maggie also bumps Sass' fist.

Then Nika does and the girl stands up properly again. "Sorry, for...shouting...and getting angry..."

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah follows Sass' lead in pulling herself back up to her feet. She hesitates a moment, then pulls Sass into a hug, "We're, uh, we're here for you if you'll let us be."

Show

8. - Top - End - #1238

Sass is paralyzed! She can't move! Then she recovers, and hugs Leah back with a little more strength than is typical for her size. "Okay," she says, her voice slightly muffled by the hug.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa smiles, glad for Leah (and Sass), holding Maggie tightly. "I understand how you feel. Thank you for saying sorry. I'm sorry if I made you feel like me or Leah was leaving you."

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah gives Sass a final squeeze before stepping back and releasing her. With a soft smile, she asks, "So, uh, you were getting ready for the league challenge, right..? Got, uh, got a plan?"

Show

11. - Top - End - #1241

Sass takes a moment once the hug ends, but Leah's question makes her head snap up. "Yes! We're gonna win!" She curls her hand into a fist. "But I can't rely on Yrael, 'cause Lady Diwyneb uses Poison and neither of us want to be knocked out!" Yrael makes an affirmative cry. "So I've been thinking about what to do without my ace! I've got a few techniques and a few Pokemon..."

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah smiles as Sass jumps into her strategising. She finds herself tuning out a little, memories of Sass dropping by the lab and getting excited about the prospect of getting her very own Eevee coming to the forefront instead. It was impressive seeing how far she'd come already in such a short space of time. "Sounds like you're putting, uh, putting a lot of thought into it." She glances over to Utha, then back to Sass, "Did, uh, did you want to chat with Utha for a bit? See if, uh, if she has any tips?"

Show

13. - Top - End - #1243

Utha, having bene brought into the conversation at last, gives a little wave as Sass glances over to her.

"Okay. But, uh..." Sass leans in a little to Leah. "Um. I ran into Misru when I was training, Professor Hawthorne's sister. She was in the forest with a lady with tattoos. She said that she could help me with getting a good Pokemon, but I'd have to owe her a favor. I don't know if it's a good idea or not, since she didn't say what it was. But you know them better than me, right?"

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah's smile wilts away at Sass' new information. "Oh!" Rubbing behind her neck, Leah shifts in place, "Last, uh, last I saw them, umm, Misru was, uh, was trying to help the tattoo'd lady with, uh, with a problem she, uh, she was having." She gives an uncomfortable shrug, "I... I, uh, don't think Misru would ask you to do anything dangerous, but she was, uh, she was talking about breaking some rules last time I saw her. I'd, umm, I'd at least find out what the favour is before saying yes."

Show

15. - Top - End - #1245

"Mm...okay. If you say I'd have to find out and she says she won't tell me then I won't do it. I, uh. I like you better than her," Sass says as she walks over to Utha proper, to discuss strategy and the like.

"So. You find yourself missing an ace, hmm? Let's see.." Utha begins.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa looks over at Leah as she responds to Sass, her own thoughts turning. She nods when Sass gives her opinion. "Sounds like a good idea. Don't wanna agree to something with Misru without knowing."

With Sass and Utha finally talking, Alyssa smiles and takes Leah's hand, giving it a squeeze. "How are you? You okay?"

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah lets out a breath as Alyssa takes her hand, looking over to her with a wan smile, "Yeah, uh, I think so. A bit drained I think. I'm, uh, I'm not sure what to do about Misru." She shrugs, looking back to Sass talking with Utha, "I'll, uh, I'll figure that out another time, though. It's, uh, it's good to see Sass happy."

Show

18. - Top - End - #1248

With Sass occupied by Utha, a freshly-happy Nika in the same room as her girlfriend, and a few hours having passed since they shared some ice cream, the girls head out of the PokeCenter to grab some grub from a nearby street vendor. The weather has fortunately cooled down some, allowing the pair to purchase some sesame balls stuffed with bean paste that are perfectly edible by Pokemon, which is good, as the Alyssa-perched Maggie made grabby hands at them as soon as they were purchased and into the shade of one of the prefab homes of East Diwyneb Town.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah splits one of the freshy purchased sesame balls, offering it out to Maggie as she walks with Alyssa. "So, uh, do you think, uh, do you think Bibi would be willing to loan Ibib for the fight..?" The offer of getting their guide to loan her pokémon to Sass had seemed simple enough, but now that they were moving to act on it, Leah was beginning to have doubts on it, "They, uh, they seem pretty close and Bibi's already done a lot for us, it, uh, it seems cheeky to ask."

Show

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa enjoys both the lowering temperature and the shade, sighing in relief as they stand in the cooler darkness and enjoy their food. With Leah offering Maggie some of hers, Alyssa doesn't do the same, letting Maggie finish up one first before she offers any of her own. She looks up at Leah at her question, then looks out into the street, her thoughts moving. "I think she might mind. Even though I did offer, I would feel a bit worried if Maggie were to do the battle." She looks down the Gothorita enjoying her food. "But even if she's not comfortable with it, she might have an idea of where we could help Sass find some other help. So talking to her would probably be good." Though the words she's saying suggest otherwise, Alyssa's voice shakes as she herself reconsiders.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah nods, more confidence in her voice than there was in Alyssa's, "Hopefully she says yes, though."

She turns her attention forward, heading toward the place Bibi was currently staying at.

Show

22. - Top - End - #1252

Maggie gratefully takes the additional sesame balls Alyssa offers, nomming them as they float in front of her head in a telekinetic sheen.

It is not terribly difficult to find Bibi again, considering her size and the inn they're all staying at. They find the woman sitting in the shade just outside of the inn, Ibib on her head as a similarly-huge Mudsdale lays beside her. The woman brushes its coat with...a brush.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah raises her hand in greeting as they approach their guide. "Hi Bibi!" Her attention is drawn to the Mudsdale, the pokémon's sheer size making it hard not to take a moment to appreciate it, "Is, uh, is the Mudsdale yours? I don't remember seeing you with it before..?"

Show

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa stands a bit further back, her eyes on Ibib the entire time. She swallows sharply and then moves forward to stand next to Leah and offer her support.

Leah's comment draws her attention away and she looks at the Mudsdale. Smiling, she bends down to get a closer look. "You look like quite a strong Pokemon."

25. - Top - End - #1255

Bibi glances up when the girls speak, then straightens up more when she realizes who's speaking to her.

"Hello. She is not mine," Bibi explains as the Mudsdale turns its giant head at Alyssa's words and lets out an affirmative snort. "She has become stubborn, her partner says. Since she evolved. About her brushing." She continues to brush the Musdale's coat as she speaks. "I offered to helo, and now I am."

Maggie and Saura don't seem to have any opinion on the horse, but the bulbasaur does greet Bibi with a little cry and gets a nod sent her way.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah nods at Bibi's description of the Mudsdale, "She, uh, she seems well behaved right now, at least!"

She finds herself a spot to sit on the ground near both the guide and the pokémon she's caring for, being sure not to block the way in and out of the inn as she does so. "We've, uh, we've just got back from speaking with Sass. Umm, she's, uh, she's getting ready to take on the challenge here soon. She's a bit worried that she, uh, she won't have an answer for Poison types, though."

Show

27. - Top - End - #1257

"She is behaving," Bibi agrees as the Mudsdale continues to receive its grooming. The large woman listens to Leah's words and makes a thinking noise. "She should know what can be done with them, or against them. What's stopping her from finding an answer?"

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah gives a complicated shrug, "She, uh, she knows which types she should, uh, she should be using, but she, uh, she doesn't have anything on her team right now to deal with, uh, with Poison." Leah hesitates, glancing briefly to Alyssa, then back to Bibi, rubbing behind her neck as she does so, "Umm... Apparently Misru offered to, uh, to help her find a pokémon in exchange for a favour. I... I, uh, I don't know if she should take her up on that. Misru's, uh, she's..." Leah gives an embarrassed grimace, "I'm not sure Sass should, uh, should be in debt to her."

She removes her bag, setting the strap beside her as she does, and pulls one knee up to her chest, "So, umm, Alyssa and I were looking for, uh, for other options."

Show

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa joins Leah in sitting on the grass, putting Maggie down before she takes a seat beside her. Her gaze is drawn back to the Mudsdale, who she smiles at. "Bibi, you, um, you said you were helping this Pokemon's partner?"

30. - Top - End - #1260

Bibi listens to Leah's explanation of the issue with Misru and nods when she's finished. "I do not know Misru well. If you don't think it's a good idea..." She shrugs her muscular shoulders. Then lets the silence hang. "You would like my help," she states, the scars on her face rising with her eyebrows as she looks at the girl.

Maggie quite happily takes a seat beside Alyssa, leaning on her and staring at the giant (to normal things, but not other Mudsdales) Mudsdale, which doesn't smile back, but acknowledges her with a little whump of its tail.

"I am," Bibi answers her. "And her. She cannot brush herself, and was raised pampered."