Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 85
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    The land of Zeral is a large peninsula featuring a mountain range covered by a temperate forest with a large lake in the center. On the northern shore of this lake sits the village of Ithys, the heart of the Tylosian people.

    It is about an hour after dawn midsummer and the village has some modest decorations up for it is the beginning of the Aníforos (the survival exercise) and many of the villagers are gathered to see you off. Ingrem, Ninki, and Amall are standing in front of the town hall. Ingrem is leaning back against a wall clearly not interested and only here out of obligation. Ninki has a pleasant smile, her arms crossed into the large sleeves of her robes, and her eyes hidden below a wide brimmed hat.

    Amall steps forward arms held wide to address the crowd “Once a year we hold the Aníforos and it is that time once again.” Looking down to the 17 youths assembled before him “Your task is to make your way to the shrine on that mountain,” He points to a snow topped peak about 50 miles away. “Where you may pay your respects to the great spirits and the long line of mentors that have come before you.”

    Each of you are given a bracelet. “In the event that you are on verge of death this will save you, but you will fail the Aníforos. Also if you feel that you are unable to proceed, clasp the bracelet and ask for help. Scouts will be observing your progress and will be with you shortly. However, doing this will also be a failure. You can try again next year."

    “On this journey you may take with you only the bare minimum of supplies. What you have with you now and in addition each of you may take one of the following.” An illusion drops and some racks of supplies are revealed. Ingrem gives a harumph, he is clearly unhappy with the way things are set up. “You will draw lots to determine who gets to choose first. You have one week to make it to the shrine, are there any questions?”

    Spoiler: Judging Travel Time, DC 12 Survival
    Show
    With your understanding of the local wilderness you think that it would be possible to make it to the shrine in approximately 3 days if you were fully equipped, were able to take a direct route, and had minimal interruptions. (this is at a normal pace)


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Those of you that grew up in the town know that over the last decade or so the difficulty of the Aníforos has lessened, this is likely why Ingrem is grumpy, or at least grumpier then usual.

    The mountain peak is on the other side of the lake. You will have to go around, or over, the lake, through some hills, and up the maintain. The lake is around 25 miles long and has several islands scattered in it.

    As there are many things that you characters might know, I leave it to your discretion to ask IC or OOC. Some questions asked OOC might require a skill check.

    Roll 1d100 to simulate drawing lots. This should minimize duplicate rolls.
    On the racks are one of each of the following:
    - Handaxe
    - Light Hammer
    - Machete (scimitar stats)
    - Shovel (can be wielded as a greatclub)
    - Crowbar (can be wielded as a mace)
    - Handsaw
    - Net
    - Sling w/ ammunition bag
    - Shield
    - Spell component pouch
    - 10 foot pole
    - 100 ft rope w/ grappling hook
    - 500 ft twine
    - Mess kit w/ very basic cooking utensils (includes a knife that can be used as a dagger)
    - 2 days rations for one person
    - Waterskin
    - Healer’s Kit
    - Heavy fur coat
    - Blanket
    - Bedroll
    - Waxed Canvas Tarp 10 ft x 10 ft
    - Hooded Lantern, Flask of oil, and Tinderbox
    - Fishing tackle

    Here are the rolls for the other 12 youths.(12d100)[7][79][71][13][51][57][63][10][21][62][6][20](460)
    If one of you tie with these then you go first.
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2020-10-27 at 12:59 AM.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzarra View Post
    Amall steps forward arms held wide to address the crowd “Once a year we hold the Aníforos and it is that time once again.” Looking down to the 17 youths assembled before him “Your task is to make your way to the shrine on that mountain,” He points to a snow topped peak about 50 miles away. “Where you may pay your respects to the great spirits and the long line of mentors that have come before you.”

    “On this journey you may take with you only the bare minimum of supplies. What you have with you now and in addition each of you may take one of the following.” An illusion drops and some racks of supplies are revealed. Ingrem gives a harumph, he is clearly unhappy with the way things are set up. “You will draw lots to determine who gets to choose first. You have one week to make it to the shrine, are there any questions?”

    Spoiler: Judging Travel Time, DC 12 Survival
    Show
    With your understanding of the local wilderness you think that it would be possible to make it to the shrine in approximately 3 days if you were fully equipped, were able to take a direct route, and had minimal interruptions. (this is at a normal pace)


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Those of you that grew up in the town know that over the last decade or so the difficulty of the Aníforos has lessened, this is likely why Ingrem is grumpy, or at least grumpier then usual.

    The mountain peak is on the other side of the lake. You will have to go around, or over, the lake, through some hills, and up the maintain. The lake is around 25 miles long and has several islands scattered in it.

    As there are many things that you characters might know, I leave it to your discretion to ask IC or OOC. Some questions asked OOC might require a skill check.

    Roll 1d100 to simulate drawing lots. This should minimize duplicate rolls.
    On the racks are one of each of the following:
    - Handaxe
    - Light Hammer
    - Machete (scimitar stats)
    - Shovel (can be wielded as a greatclub)
    - Crowbar (can be wielded as a mace)
    - Handsaw
    - Net
    - Sling w/ ammunition bag
    - Shield
    - Spell component pouch
    - 10 foot pole
    - 100 ft rope w/ grappling hook
    - 500 ft twine
    - Mess kit w/ very basic cooking utensils (includes a knife that can be used as a dagger)
    - 2 days rations for one person
    - Waterskin
    - Healer’s Kit
    - Heavy fur coat
    - Blanket
    - Bedroll
    - Waxed Canvas Tarp 10 ft x 10 ft
    - Hooded Lantern, Flask of oil, and Tinderbox
    - Fishing tackle

    Here are the rolls for the other 12 youths.(1d20+4)[12]
    If one of you tie with these then you go first.
    Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show
    (1d20+4)[12] Survival about the mountain trek.
    Also (1d100)[58] for the lots.


    Toru, in typical calm fashion, merely nods an acknowledgment to Amall. While drawing lots, he frowns, seeming unexcited by the prospect of this additional help and hesitant to choose. Ending up in the latter half of the group selecting things, he shrugs and waits for his turn.

    Toru's armor shines in the morning sun, as he definitely took some extra time polishing it for the occasion. He takes this rite of passage very seriously and is anxious to be on the way. He hasn't been to the mountain before, but has heard from others in the village about how long it will take, and the sort of terrain to expect.
    Last edited by Archemist; 2020-10-27 at 01:39 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Spoiler: OOC Rolls:
    Show

    Survival: (1d20+2)[4]
    Draw straws: (1d100)[82]


    Hadwyn spent his time in front of the villagers making the final touches in polishing his great sword. Well it wasn't his, it truly belonged to his father. The sword had come back from the battlefield chipped and dirty, it was only due to the help of the blacksmith (Toru's dad) that it was restored to the condition it is today. He displayed it proudly before the elders and villagers. This was what he would bring up the mountain with him, so that his father could look down on the victory from above.

    Going from a scholar straight into training as a soldier left little room for Hadwyn to explore the wilderness. He took some fur clothing to help with the cold but that was about it. "Say Toru, you got any idea whats up those mountains? Cause I don't. Maybe we should stick together, you in armor and me with a sword sounds pretty unbeatable. I'll even snatch us something good from the pile." Hadwyn held up his lot to show that he had drawn very well.
    Last edited by Jumbus; 2020-10-27 at 02:30 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Serenity looked at the additional supplies, then frowned back at Ingrem. As one of those that had failed multiple times, she didn't think it was too easy. Especially not with the lake- she was going to avoid that, no questions asked.

    She was dressed with clothes fashioned from animal pelts, without a particular style to them- she had different shoes, a glove that covered the hand on the right side and one that covered up to the elbow on the other, a band on her left arm with random feathers stuffed in it, a cloak held only over her right side. Lots of bandages to cover where she finished the fabric. Two different shoes.

    You could easily tell she kept to the wilderness more then to the city. The thing that made the most sense was the simil-dress worn under the cloak, ripped up on the legs' area to allow ease of movement.

    She went to drew lots, impassible at the result.

    Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Survival: (1d20+4)[6]
    Serenity will think about the best route to go around the lake, possibly without it in sight. Both the safest and the shortest routes, if there is such a distinction, keeping in mind that her group can't get lost or be slowed by difficult terrain (Natural Explorer).

    Lots (1d100)[32]
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? The Thing currently recruiting!


  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Zale Akai
    Quickling Hexblade 1
    AC: 14 HP: 10/10
    Spell Slots: 1 / 1
    PP: 14 PInv: 11 PIns: 12
    Conditions: none


    Dressed in wool-clothes with a thick wool cloak, Zale is prepared to be cold and wet. The Feymarche is a temperate rainforest so he is used to the cold, wet weather. It sometimes rains for 2 months straight at home. Snow is rare at his home, but more common in the nearby mountains.

    He is glad to be here with people he knows, people he would now call friends. If they work together, they might all finish this task. He looks to his new friends.

    "What do you think we should try to get? I think we should try for the mess kit and the tinderbox. That way we can cook game and heat snow for water. Maybe the waterskin too?"

    Spoiler: OOC Rolls
    Show
    Survival (1d20+2)[6]

    Lots (1d100)[40]

    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2020-10-27 at 06:07 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthewizard View Post
    "What do you think we should try to get? I think we should try for the mess kit and the tinderbox. That way we can cook game and heat snow for water. Maybe the waterskin too?"
    Toru becomes agitated at the questions from Hadwyn and Zale, and he stays quiet a moment, but then, in the manner of many a teen or celebrity chef, he breaks and gives a short angry yell. He storms back to his house, unfastening buckles on his armor as he goes, and tosses it just inside the door.

    He grabs his old tool pouch from when he was a kid and runs back to the assembly, declaring, ”This is all I will bring, and I will make whatever else I need.”

    His father Torvald pats him on the back affectionately, half as if to say “that’s my boy” but half to the others as if to say “first-timers, eh? He’ll learn.”

    Aloud, Torvald says, “Be sporting, son, and take your due from the lots. Give it to another if you do not need it. Generosity is part of the code, too.”

    Toru’s fit softens at this, and the wind leaves his sails. He seems torn between his father's wisdom and Ingrem’s disdain. But he nods again in agreement with his dad. ”Okay. If I must.”
    Last edited by Archemist; 2020-10-27 at 03:56 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Servbot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Lleu Vrumugun

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d20+2)[22] Survival
    (1d100)[34] for a lot


    It's the day everyone's been looking forward to! Well, except his mother, who's been running around all morning fetching numerous things for an impossibly packed-to-the-brim backpack. "You'll need it," she's been saying all morning, deaf to Lleu's protests that he's not allowed to bring it all. Ultimately, Lleu snuck out before dawn and has been lingering around the square for an hour now, while reading a book he'd brought along for it.

    But now everyone's all there, and he's even spotted a few of his friends: Toru, the blacksmith's son; Serenity, who taught him how to hunt; Zale, his book buddy; and finally, even Hadwyn, who really needed to show his face in the library more often again! How long's it been?

    A weeklong journey to the shrine, along with his friends... What could be greater? (Answer: A day in the library with all his favourite books.)

    While Toru makes a scene and draws a bunch of eyes to him, Lleu goes up to Serenity. "Morning," he says quietly. "So... Ah, what would you suggest?"

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    "Morning" Serenity smiled at Lleu, patiently waiting for her turn to pick a thing "I was planning on asking you, Zale and the others to group up, if you don't mind. I've done this enough times to know that conducting the trial alone is... Needlessly difficult" she replied, neutrally.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? The Thing currently recruiting!


  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Zale Akai
    Quickling Hexblade 1
    AC: 14 HP: 10/10
    Spell Slots: 1 / 1
    PP: 14 PInv: 11 PIns: 12
    Conditions: none


    Zale looks around at the assembled participants. He's never done this before so he's not sure what to expect, and is relieved when Serenity speaks up about going together.

    "Serenity, I'd be happy to work together to help us all make it. Do you have any advice?"

    "Lleu, we should ask your friends Toru and Hadwyn to join us. I see they're here. Do either of you know any of the other recruits?"



    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2020-10-27 at 06:08 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    "If we are going together we should try to cohordinate on what to get" Serenity offered "Better to not have two people capable of making a fire and nobody with a rope but instead one of each, for example. And we should try and stick to the ground, rather then... Mh... Crossing the lake. I know some tried in the past"
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? The Thing currently recruiting!


  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    The participants start forming groups of various sizes and discussing strategy as they finish drawing lot and choosing from the available gear.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I am rolling randomly for what the NPC's are choosing.

    06 - NPC - 10 foot pole
    07 - NPC - Heavy fur coat
    10 - NPC - Machete (scimitar stats)
    13 - NPC - Fishing tackle
    20 - NPC - Sling w/ ammunition bag
    21 - NPC - Waterskin
    32 - Serenity -
    34 - Lleu -
    40 - Zale -
    51 - NPC -
    57 - NPC -
    58 - Toru -
    62 - NPC -
    63 - NPC -
    71 - NPC -
    79 - NPC -
    82 - Hadwyn -

    Remaining:
    - Handaxe
    - Light Hammer
    - Shovel (can be wielded as a greatclub)
    - Crowbar (can be wielded as a mace)
    - Handsaw
    - Net
    - Shield
    - Spell component pouch
    - 100 ft rope w/ grappling hook
    - 500 ft twine
    - Mess kit w/ very basic cooking utensils (includes a knife that can be used as a dagger)
    - 2 days rations for one person
    - Healer’s Kit
    - Blanket
    - Bedroll
    - Waxed Canvas Tarp 10 ft x 10 ft
    - Hooded Lantern, Flask of oil, and Tinderbox
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Serenity went ahead and... Stopped momentarily.
    She started suggesting something, then closed her mouth pensively and looked at Toru "What can your utensils do so we can avoid picking redundant stuff?"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-10-27 at 08:22 PM.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? The Thing currently recruiting!


  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Hadwyn Evarius
    Human Fighter 1
    AC: 14 HP: 13/13
    Spell Slots: 0
    PP: 12 PInv: 14 PIns: 12
    Conditions: none


    Hadwyn was a little taken aback by his friends response. He did let his eyes follow too closely as the goliath stormed off. Hadwyn was sure it was fine to help one another in this task, in fact, a Tylosian must be good with team work. It was best not to dwell on it too much.

    Hadwyn looked down at his lot and realized that it indicated picking last and not first like he had assumed. This frustrated him quite a bit, not only was he going into the mountains blind but he would also have to make do with whatever was left. This was certainly a challenging trial for him to overcome, he couldn't do it alone. He approaches Lleu and company, "its been some time Lleu, I'm glad to see you are taking the trial. I think the more the merrier when it comes to this sort of thing, wouldn't you agree?"

    Last edited by Jumbus; 2020-10-29 at 03:34 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    After some thinking, Serenity settled for the mess kit.
    "Next up" she said, stepping aside.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? The Thing currently recruiting!


  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Serenity went ahead and picked the healer's kit.
    "We should probably try to get among us the rope and the mess k-" she started suggesting, then closed her mouth pensively and looked at Toru "Can you make cooking utensils too by any chance?"
    Toru, having calmed down a bit and rejoined the other candidates, answers Serenity's question. "No, not really. But these daggers they've given us are very versatile. Main thing we'd need is a pot. My little toolkit can fashion anything smaller, and with a little magic we can add light, or hunting lures."
    Last edited by Archemist; 2020-10-27 at 09:37 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Servbot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Lleu Vrumugun

    And it looks like they're all on the same page! Adventure's off to a great start.

    "Well, not what I meant, but... Aye, let's work together!" Lleu says, wistfully eyeing the assorted goods they just drew lots for.

    As for Zale's inquiry, Lleu happily agrees to join up and thinks so should the others, but confesses he's not all too familiar with people outside his bucket group.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[13]... and then whatever Knowledge skill is appropriate to determine how much Lleu knows about the other recruits? (+3 Arcana, +5 History, +6 Insight, +5 Investigation, +5 Nature?)


    Then, Lleu sets off for the racks, where he goes over each of them with a ponderous stare. He briefly lingers by the spellpouch. Pops'd want me to grab this one, aye...

    But he doesn’t, because he’s pointedly not a mage. The crowbar also doesn't catch his fancy, but Lleu settles on the healer’s kit and takes it back to the group.

    "Figure might be good in case someone gets injured," he says, "so’s we can patch ‘em up again, aye?"
    Last edited by Servbot; 2020-10-28 at 07:32 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Zale Akai
    Quickling Hexblade 1
    AC: 14 HP: 10/10
    Spell Slots: 1 / 1
    PP: 14 PInv: 11 PIns: 12
    Conditions: none


    Zale hasn't spent a lot of time in survival situations, but like everyone else, he knows how survive enough for traveling and he knows how to make do for a weekend in the forest. He asks the others.

    "Does anyone have any rope? If not that's what I'll get next."

    He walks over and claims the rope and grappling hook. He hasn't spent much time on mountains and hopes the grappling hook might be useful.



  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Spoiler: Eavesdropping DC 12 Perception or Stealth
    Show
    There is some talk from one group of building a raft to cross the lake.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I have a complete character sheet and 5 page backstory prepared for every participant and totally did not roll a few d6 at the last minute to determine how many participants there are... I rolled 4d6, I will get some details together for Lleu's check, will try to have them ready by the time I post tomorrow.

    06 - NPC - 10 foot pole
    07 - NPC - Heavy fur coat
    10 - NPC - Machete (scimitar stats)
    13 - NPC - Fishing tackle
    20 - NPC - Sling w/ ammunition bag
    21 - NPC - Waterskin
    32 - Serenity - Mess kit w/ very basic cooking utensils (includes a knife that can be used as a dagger)
    34 - Lleu - Healer’s Kit
    40 - Zale - 100 ft rope w/ grappling hook
    51 - NPC - Spell component pouch
    57 - NPC - Net
    58 - Toru -
    62 - NPC -
    63 - NPC -
    71 - NPC -
    79 - NPC -
    82 - Hadwyn -

    Remaining:
    - Handaxe
    - Light Hammer
    - Shovel (can be wielded as a greatclub)
    - Crowbar (can be wielded as a mace)
    - Handsaw
    - Shield
    - 500 ft twine
    - 2 days rations for one person
    - Blanket
    - Bedroll
    - Waxed Canvas Tarp 10 ft x 10 ft
    - Hooded Lantern, Flask of oil, and Tinderbox
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2020-10-29 at 01:12 AM.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Serenity just visibly shuddered hearing people talk and said absolutely nothing.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? The Thing currently recruiting!


  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Toru sheepishly goes when it is his turn to choose, coming back with the canvas tarp. He carefully folds it up into his pack.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    The Aarakocra takes off on her own, confident that she will be the first to finish. The Triton and the Lizardfolk head down to the lake and dive in, disappearing beneath the surface.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Flushing out information about the other participants. Just need to know if players that chose rivalry have anything they want to contribute about who their rivals are.

    06 - NPC - Aarakocra Female - 10 foot pole
    07 - NPC - Heavy fur coat
    10 - NPC - Machete (scimitar stats)
    13 - NPC - Fishing tackle
    20 - NPC - Sling w/ ammunition bag
    21 - NPC - Waterskin
    32 - Serenity - Mess kit w/ very basic cooking utensils (includes a knife that can be used as a dagger)
    34 - Lleu - Healer’s Kit
    40 - Zale - 100 ft rope w/ grappling hook
    51 - NPC - Spell component pouch
    57 - NPC - Triton Male - Net
    58 - Toru - Waxed Canvas Tarp 10 ft x 10 ft
    62 - NPC - Lizardfolk Male, Light Hammer
    63 - NPC - Hooded Lantern, Flask of oil, and Tinderbox
    71 - NPC - Handsaw
    79 - NPC - Crowbar (can be wielded as a mace)
    82 - Hadwyn -

    Remaining:
    - Handaxe
    - Shovel (can be wielded as a greatclub)
    - Shield
    - 500 ft twine
    - 2 days rations for one person
    - Blanket
    - Bedroll
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Hadwyn Evarius
    Human Fighter 1
    AC: 14 HP: 13/13
    Spell Slots: 0
    PP: 12 PInv: 14 PIns: 12
    Conditions: none


    Hadwyn was a little confused that this had not been taken yet, but he snatched up the bedroll anyway. Keeping warm during the night seemed imperative and people could take turns sleeping in it. "Sorry for the wait. But lets not delay, people are already taking off."
    Last edited by Jumbus; 2020-10-30 at 07:45 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Zale Akai
    Quickling Hexblade 1
    AC: 14 HP: 10/10
    Spell Slots: 1 / 1
    PP: 14 PInv: 11 PIns: 12
    Conditions: none


    Zale is anxious to get started. He's never done this challenge before so he is a little nervous, but he's excited, especially knowing he won't be on his own. But first, he is intrigued by the contestant that chose the component pouch. If that person is not obviously with a group, Zale will invite them to join us.

    "Would you like to come with us? My friends and I are doing this together."

    After that, he addresses our group.

    "I don't think we should build a raft or swim. It's only a 3-4 day walk so I say we get moving. We can hunt for food on the way."

    Every time they come across small game, he will try to shoot it with his Eldritch blast. For larger game, he will hex it first. At the end of each day, we can cook anything we caught that day. If they come across any larger game or extra small game, we can spend time smoking whatever meat we don't eat right away. Smoking meat overnight should let it last a couple weeks.


    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2020-10-29 at 05:01 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    The Gnome, Halfling, Kobold, and Goblin have been talking with each other. The Kobold talks to Zale as he approaches.

    "You no want trek with long legs. Us short legs.." she gestures to those that she was with "we trek together. You want trek with us, yes?"

    Spoiler: Lakeside Geography DC 12 History or Survival
    Show
    You know that the left side of the lake is thick forest, the right side of the lake the forest is not as thick but it has a small river and a wide swath of swamp that you will have to pass through.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Lleu knows that the dwarf is named Slate, the halfling is named Folke, the Triton has focused his training exclusively in martial combat, and the goblin has training in martial combat and wielding the power of the spirits.

    Here is the finished list of the participants. If anyone else wants to make history checks you might know names and/or types of training that the other participants went through.

    Aarakocra, Female - 10 foot pole
    Kobold, Female - Heavy fur coat
    Adlet, Male - Machete (scimitar stats)
    Dwarf, Male - Fishing tackle
    Wood Elf, Female - Sling w/ ammunition bag
    Halfling, Male - Waterskin
    Gnome, Male - Spell component pouch
    Triton, Male - Net
    Lizardfolk, Male - Light Hammer
    Human, Male - Hooded Lantern, Flask of oil, and Tinderbox
    Tabaxi, Female - Handsaw
    Goblin, Female - Crowbar (can be wielded as a mace)
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2020-10-29 at 10:45 PM.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzarra View Post
    The Gnome, Halfling, Kobold, and Goblin have been talking with each other. The Kobold talks to Zale as he approaches.
    Toru takes stock of the crowd, now ready to depart. He breathes in deeply, and lets it out with a sigh of finality. He heads over to Lleu, Hadwyn, Zale, and Serenity. And the short folks too.

    "I have decided we should help each other on the way. I... I am sorry about earlier." He motions to the short folk as well and says, "I have seen you around the village and you would be welcome to join us, too. I was going to suggest the left side of the lake, so as to avoid the bogs." He seems to hesitate, not wanting to call attention to their shortness, though the Kobold already did. "You might want to avoid wading as well."

    Spoiler: OOC - rolls for history and geography
    Show
    (1d20+6)[16] History about the Lake
    (1d20+6)[14] History about Aarakocra
    (1d20+6)[22] History about Kobold
    (1d20+6)[24] History about Adlet
    (1d20+6)[7] History about Dwarf
    (1d20+6)[17] History about Wood Elf
    (1d20+6)[23] History about Halfling
    (1d20+6)[19] History about Gnome
    (1d20+6)[8] History about Triton
    (1d20+6)[21] History about Lizardfolk
    (1d20+6)[23] History about Human
    (1d20+6)[8] History about Tabaxi
    (1d20+6)[14] History about Goblin
    (If you give names I think I rolled well enough to maybe know a few, since Toru's a local.)
    Last edited by Archemist; 2020-10-30 at 12:53 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Zale Akai
    Quickling Hexblade 1
    AC: 14 HP: 10/10
    Spell Slots: 1 / 1
    PP: 14 PInv: 11 PIns: 12
    Conditions: none


    Zale shakes the hands of the gnome, halfling, goblin and kobold.

    "I'm Zale. It's nice to meet you all. I'm not going to ditch my friends. They are good people. But you are welcome to come along with us if you want. The more the merrier. So what skills do each of you have?"



  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Servbot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Lleu Vrumugun

    Our young elven friend keeps a stand-offish attitude with regards to the exchange. While the others are all too happy to add to their merry band of would-be Tylosians, Lleu's not as enthusiastic.

    "We should probably get going," he puts in. "Jaw on the way?" He gestures towards the lake. "Whichever way we decide to go, no sense burning daylight here."

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    "I don't think they even want to come with us" Serenity pointed out nodding at Lleu's words "And I'd like to second the left side and the lack of wading. Sounds good"
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? The Thing currently recruiting!


  29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Hadwyn Evarius
    Human Fighter 1
    AC: 14 HP: 13/13
    Spell Slots: 0
    PP: 12 PInv: 14 PIns: 12
    Conditions: none


    There was working together but there was a certain amount where it seemed against the spirit of the test. Hadwyn brought the great sword back onto the leather scabbard on his back and begun moving on. He hoped those extra people did not join.

    "I agree completely, we should be going. As for path, I would like to avoid getting wet as much as possible or else we are asking to fail. Onward to the forest."
    Last edited by Jumbus; 2020-11-02 at 03:56 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    The other group joins you on the path towards the lake.

    The kobold continues talking to Zale, leaving little room for the other to get anything in. "I Riks, I to be most best at songs. The Arvil" she points to the gnome "has book with most best magic. The Folke" she points to the halfling "prays to spirits. The Zyx" she points to the goblin "fights for the spirits. We go to swamp. Much tasty goodness in swamp." The goblin appears to agree with this.

    Spoiler: OOC Toru
    Show
    Toru knows the following
    Many of the participants that are here have come from other towns in Zeral for this event.

    The Aarakocra is trained in unarmed combat.
    The Kobold is called Riks and is trained in the means of entertainment.
    The Adlet is called Moon Moon and can enter ferocious bouts of rage.
    The Wood Elf is trained in the natural magics.
    The Halfling is called Folke and is trained to channel the power of the spirits.
    The Gnome is called Arvil and is trained in the arcane magics.
    The Lizardfolk is called Jask and is trained in the art of stealth.
    The Human is called Olmaed and is trained in hemocraft.
    The Goblin is trained in martial combat and wielding the power of the spirits.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •