A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637
Results 1,081 to 1,108 of 1108
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Heights of Londo [IC 4: Turnabout Trainers]

Alyssa nods. "We did have our Pokemon, though. They helped a bit. But mostly Bibi was very helpful. We each did a little bit but not a lot."
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Colossus in the Playground

Juno raises an eyebrow at the girls. "Bibi? That's not a very Londo name, is it?"

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah rubs behind her neck, "Y'know I, uh, I hadn't really thought about that..? I've, uh, I've not asked her where she's from originally, I just, uh, just kind've assumed she was from Bastille."

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, and Summer Rose by me

4. - Top - End - #1084

"What's Bastille like?" Juno asks amid the ongoing walking.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa smiles, looking thoughtfully far away. "It's nice. I, uh, I was mostly in the castle, but I liked it. A lot less hot than it is here." As if to punctuate her statement, Alyssa wipes a bead of sweat off her forehead with her arm.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah looks over to Alyssa as she speaks, smiling to herself, then back to Juno as Alyssa finishes. "Alyssa was there longer than I was, the Castle was, uh, was really amazing, like you'd see in Fantasy shows. Or, uh, or read about in books." She adjusts her bag strap, grinning as she continues, "The, uh, the market was pretty lively too. I think you'd like it there."

Show

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa nods. "Yeah, the landscape was really nice. Really nice, uh, vistas? Views? Yeah, uh, the view was really nice." She looks at Leah, then blushes a bit and turns away, smiling. "And, um, really nice people."

8. - Top - End - #1088

"Did you go to anywhere nice along the way?" Juno asks, still trudging along.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah nods, "A few places, we, uh, we went via. Thundercrag. Stopped at a couple of smaller places along the way as well. Oh!" Leah abruptly grins, excited to share, "There was this one village, uhh... Licia... Where they had a festival going on as we arrived! There was a Klefki involved, it picked up talismans and, uh, and charms that the people there were putting out for it. It was really, uh, really magical to watch."

Show

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa smiles. "Oh yeah! I remember that. That was really cool. Really a special moment. Not sure how many of those kinds of things we'll run into but it's nice when we happen upon things like that."

11. - Top - End - #1091

There's a moment where Juno is listening, then another moment where her eyes glaze over, a frown forms on her face, and she looks between the girls. "That
    sounds cool, but, uh, I forgot what a Klefki is. They're not the gear ones, are they?"

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah blinks, briefly trying to remember the name of the gear pokémon, then shakes her head. "Ah, uh, no. They're the ones that normally look like a keychain..? But, uh, but the one we saw was made up of the charms on a loop of string instead. A, uh, a local variant, I guess."

Show

13. - Top - End - #1093

"Those are a thing, right. Have you seen a lot of those around here? I don't get out much. Tired. You know how it is," Juno says as she eyes the treeline, which is getting a little more dense now as they get a little further from the town. It seems likely that they'll stumble across something soon.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa, unsure how to answer Juno's question, opts to leave it to Leah and instead focuses on her surroundings, trying to see if she can spot any Pokemon, either what they're looking for or any that might be dangerous to them.

Athe, for his part, is also scanning the surrounding area, still perched atop Alyssa's head, though he has had to move a few times to avoid falling off when Alyssa made sudden turns or nods. This is his perch, however, and he refuses to lose it to some mere trifle.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah shakes her head, "Not, uh, not many. Apart from the Klefki, there was a, uh, a Kirlia that showed up at Bastille that was a ghost as well but, uh, other than that I can't recall seeing any." She shrugs, giving a smile to Juno, "Until I left Sorland I, uh, I wasn't exactly getting out much either. Maybe we'll find a variant here..?"

Show

16. - Top - End - #1096

"Really? But you seem so adventurous now," Juno comments.

But before any elaboration can be had on either side, the girls and the wobbly head-mounted Athe each spot something just at the corner of the path ahead, in the middle of a clearing created by a couple of trees bent overhead, their branches knotted together to form a sort of canopy.

In fact, the first thing that caught their attention was the sound of Pokemon cries. Then, the sight of the source; a blur of green that darted through the air and collided with a tri-colored target that span too fast for them to see, then landed on the tip of its blue, pink, white hat and span like a top before falling on its side. A little shorter than Maggie, it seems almost entirely hat, with a little white face and body poking out from beneath it.

Its attacker, both much less vibrant and much more green, seems about to leap onto it, only for one of the other Pokemon's braids to slap its blobby form out of mid-air and send it smashing into a tree. But none the worse for wear.

And between them sits a particularly plump berry, purple and shining and at least as large as a fist, sitting in the dirt. Maggie grabs hold of Alyssa's top and tugs it, pointing at the berry.

Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Both Leah and Alyssa recognize these Pokemon as Shroomish and Hatterene, both quite clearly wild, and quite obviously locked in battle over that berry.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa puts a hand out to her friends, then puts a finger to her lips. She moves off to the side, trying to find something to use as cover for her while she watches the battle, patting Maggie to indicate to her to be quiet as well. Watching carefully, she whispers, "Wait, let's watch."

Athe doesn't move his gaze, watching the fighters intently. He prepares to invervene if they pose a threat to his trainer, but doesn't act towards them.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah is about to respond to Juno when Alyssa abruptly hushes her. Switching her attention forward, she follows Alyssa's lead in stepping out of sight, glancing to make sure Juno was following. After watching the fight for a moment, she glances to Juno, "This could be a chance for you. If, uh, if you help one of them win the fight, they'll probably be grateful. Shroomish is, uh, is a grass-type, it'll be easy to keep..?"

Show

19. - Top - End - #1099

Juno lets herself be led to the side, while Maggie reluctantly goes quiet.

"I...what would I do?" Juno asks. "I don't think going out and kicking one of them would help..."

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa keeps her eyes on the fight, carefully watching to see if she recognizes anything that's happening. Absently, she takes her pad out of her bag, putting Maggie down so she can start sketching a bit of the fight.

She looks over at Juno and thinks a moment before repyling, "We could try to help the Shroomish get the berry."

21. - Top - End - #1101

The Shroomish has bounced off of the tree, bounces once off of the ground as it spins, then again, then once more lower to the ground, before stopping just short of the Hattrem and unleashing a cloud of spores!

"But if I run in, won't they both hit me?" Juno asks, as Maggie makes an objecting cry to giving the Shroomish the berry.

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah shakes her head, "You can borrow one of, uh, one of our pokémon. Saura can help you, right Saura?" She glances down to her Bulbasaur. Then to the berry the pair were fighting over. She turns away from the fight briefly, scanning the area, "Or... If, uh, if we're quick, we can try getting another berry and separating them with the promise of, uh, of food..."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I guess this would be Perception? Leah's trying to spot if there are any more of the berries in the immediate vicinity. If there are, she'll point them out for Juno, if there aren't, she'll reoffer Saura to Juno to join the fray with

(2d6+1)[7]

Show

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa quickly sketches the Shroomish's scatter of spores, trying to think of what that move might be.

She looks over at Leah and Juno, and says, "We can also help you if you get in trouble, but we should try not to get into trouble in the first place."

24. - Top - End - #1104

Alyssa's keen knowledge of Pokemon allows her to identify the Shroomish's attack; Stun Spore, and it seems like Hattrem was only able to prevent it thanks to one of its abilities.

Leah is able to spot a smattering of berries amid the foliage, glimpses of blue and purple and red, but none of them seem anywhere near as plump as the one the two wild Pokemon were fighting over. Not even close.

Juno shares a glance with Saura, which the Pokemon seems much more confident about as she bobs her head and takes half a step forward.

"What Moves do I do?" Juno asks, glancing away from the momentary reprieve in fighting as the two Pokemon eye each other, idle and surely about to collide once more in just a few seconds. "Do I have to yell them like they do on TV?"

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Titan in the Playground

"You do have to make sure Saura can hear what moves you want her to use. Uh, what moves does Saura know?" Alyssa watches the fighting, ready to get Athe to intervene if necessary, but waits to do anything to give Juno a chance to try first (or ask for more help if needed).
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2022-01-03 at 10:36 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Ettin in the Playground

"Saura can use Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed, and Vine Whip." Leah lists the moves off quickly, looking to make sure Juno was taking the names in, "The, uh, the Hattrem won't be, uh, be affected by Leech Seed, so Vine Whip is your best bet."

She grins down at Saura, "Good luck, Juno's counting on you!"

Show

27. - Top - End - #1107

Saura glances up at Leah and gives her a determined nod as she steps forwards, waits, then turns her head to see that Juno hasn't moved.

"...oh, right." Juno clears her throat, steps forward to be alongside Saura, and points lightly in the direction of the fight, where the Shroomish has just been turned into a spinning wheel, as a psychic blast sends it careening into the branches above. "Do the Vine Whip, please?" she asks of Saura.

Saura rears up on her hind legs, her vines wiggling out at the apex of her movement, then spins on her forelegs. The leafy appendages whip along with her, her spin ending up with her facing the Hattrem that receives an unwelcome lash across its hat as it reaches once more for the berry. It lets out a cry of surprise, pain, and then its little head suddenly peeks out from beneath the brim of its hat to narrow its eyes at the new combatants.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah grins, pumping her fist as Saura pulls off a successful attack. "Nice!" She gives a small clap, then calls out, "Make sure the Shroomish knows you're here to help! We, uh, we don't want it thinking Saura wants the berry too."

Show