New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Heights of Londo [IC 4: Turnabout Trainers]

Alyssa moves carefully, trying not to wake Maggie with any sudden moves. She smiles at Leah's question. "Well, yesterday we had something from your home, so, um, tday I thought we could try to find something from mine?"
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah nods with a grin, "That, uh, that sounds like a good idea. I'm curious too, it's, uh, it's always interesting trying something new."

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

3. - Top - End - #543
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa smiles. ”Then let’s go!” She heads out in front, looking for a place serving local Vibrost foods, preferably their hot breakfast.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Colossus in the Playground

The girls hit the streets and are hit by the sun. An occasional cool breeze seems to be their only solace as they head out in search of a hot breakfast on a day where everyone seems to be sweating, their movements a little sluggish. Well, everyone except for the Knights, who patrol just as easily as they do on any other day.

In the relatively subdued market, they manage to find a stall that has been set-up with the name "Vibrost Vood", where a sweaty woman seems to have found no solace in the icy mural depicted on her stall and has had to resort to a Murkrow flapping its wings at her head.

"You want hot food?" she asks, her eyes wide and her vest clinging to her torso. "Hot food. Now? I could start a soup, I suppose, but...wouldn't you like something..." She gestured at what she was actually cooking, which was a set of sweet Vibrost treatsb like cookies and and icing-less cakes.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah finds herself wishing she owned something a bit more airy as she walks through the market. The vain hope that she might adapt to the heat after the initial wash from stepping out of the inn had vanished now, all that was left was the oppressive mugginess. She finds she's already rethinking her initial request by the time they reach 'Vibrost Vood', and the chef's reaction serves to cement her change of heart.

Giving Alyssa's hand a squeeze, and throwing her an apologetic look, she looks back to the vendor, "I-I think, uh, I think you're right. U-umm, I didn't really realise quite, uh, quite how hot it was out here." Giving Alyssa another apologetic smile, she asks, "U-umm, what, uh, what would you recommend..?"

Show

6. - Top - End - #546

"I don't know; what's your flavor?" the woman asks. "We've got sickly sweet to tantalizing tang. It's not quite as good as the soup, but it's tasty and filling." She gestures over her assorted cookies and cakes. "And half of them are Vibrost recipes."

7. - Top - End - #547
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa is utterly drenched in sweat by the time they get to the market, but she is a good sport and tries to keep up her chipper demeanor as they scout for her home food. She jumps excitedly as she spots the stall and wanders over, looking over the cakes before she asks about the hot food.

She lets out a breath she didn't realize she was holding when Leah asks about something else and she nods emphatically. "Um, do you have some of the sour cakes? What were they, um, kinda like, um, Aspear jelly?" Looking over at Leah, she asks, "The sweet stuff's really good, too!" She looks over everything, shifting on her feet and speaking really fast. "I don't remember the ones I used to like when I was really little, but those ones look really good, and, um, I don't know what kind of flavors you really like so, um, I'm not really sure what'd be best for you? I guess in the morning you wanna eat something to make you ready for the day, right?"

8. - Top - End - #548

The woman nods at Alyssa's question. "We do have those, but just a handful. They're a favorite of mine too." She winks.

Maggie starts to stir in Alyssa's arms.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah nods slowly to herself, "Well... Umm... If, uh, if you both like the, uh, the Aspear one... I guess, uh, I guess I'd like to try that one too..?"

Show

10. - Top - End - #550
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa nods at Leah's response. Back to the shopkeeper, she puts up two fingers and asks, "Can we get two of the Aspear ones?" Looking down at what's currently out, she also points at four different things and says, "And, um, one of each of those?" She briefly glances at Leah.

11. - Top - End - #551

The woman at the stall nods as she gathers the requested sweet things. "That will be four for everything, five if you want them wrapped in something."

12. - Top - End - #552
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa nods, then realizes that's not a satisfactory response to the comment and says, "Um, wrapped please!" Noticing Maggie stirring, Alyssa keeps her motions from being to jarring. She counts out the five necessary coins and then hands them over, smiling. "Thank you!"

With breakfast sweets in hand, she offers Leah the wrapped goodies, letting her take first pick. She starts on a sour one, then smiles to Maggie beginning to wake. "You wanna try some food from my hometown, Maggie?"

13. - Top - End - #553

The woman provides Alyssa with a bundle of her ordered treats wrapped in some cream-ish material, bundled together with a bite of twine. "Have a nice day, and hopefully a cooler one."

Maggey blinks as she wakes and is immediately offered a treat. She glances around first, then nods slowly.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ettin in the Playground

When offered first pick, Leah tentatively takes one of the Aspear treats, giving Alyssa a smile as she does. Giving the vendor a bob of her head and a "Thanks, you too!"

Hesitantly, not quite sure what to expect from a 'sour cake', she half-turns to Alyssa and raises the Aspear cake to her mouth. Biting into it, she chews once or twice before the sourness hits and she has to fight the urge to pull a face at the unfamiliar flavour. Abruptly feeling foolish, she grins while simultaneously trying not to spit out the bite she'd taken. She forces herself to finish the bite before commenting, "I, uh, I wasn't sure, uh, how, uh, how sour it'd be."

Show

15. - Top - End - #555
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa smiles and bows her head slightly, not wanting to tip Maggie onto the ground. "Thank you! I, um, hope you get cooler too!"

Holding Maggie and unwrapping a small cookie to give to Maggie is a bit difficult, but she figures it out and gives Maggie a cookie to hold. "Don't swallow that all at once!"

Alyssa giggles a bit at Leah's reaction. "Do they not have Aspear jelly where you're from?" Looking between Leah and Maggie, she then smiles. "Think we can find anywhere to sit? Maybe somewhere in the shade? I, um, don't have many hands." She looks at an arm holding Maggie and two hands with a pouch of sweets and a delicious sour pastry she hasn't eaten much of yet.

16. - Top - End - #556

Alyssa can see some spots just inside the walls where there are benches she can take cover in. It's not entirely private due to quite some people having had the same idea about shelter with their food, but it's present.

Maggey takes the cookie and nibbles on it quietly, her eyes drifting over the people around them.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

Her need for a reprieve from the heat more important than her desire for more private time, Alyssa turns the group towards the benches and starts heading over that way.

18. - Top - End - #558

The shade proves shady.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah grins and shakes her head, "We, uh, we do I, uh, I just don't normally have it. But, uh, but I thought I'd, uh, I'd give it a go." She nods at Alyssa's suggestion, "Yeah, uh, shade sounds good."

Following her over to the not-so-private seating, she unslings her bag and seats herself. Looking out into the baking heat of the morning, she wonders aloud, "Is it this hot every morning here..?"

Show

20. - Top - End - #560

Maggey sits up properly once they get to the benches, holding her cookie in one hand and looking at Leah. She gestures to the girl's bag and makes a grabby motion.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah doesn't immediately notice Maggie's silent demand, her attention out on the street as she watches the world go past. A glance in Alyssa's direction brings the psychic-type to her attention, though. Blinking, she reaches down for her bag, "O-oh, um, sure. Just, uh, just make sure you don't drop anything..?"

Show

22. - Top - End - #562
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa puts Maggie down once they get to shade, taking some attention off her to enjoy her own sour pastry. While the shade helps, Alyssa still tries to fan herself with a free hand to little reprieve. "I don't think I'm made for hot weather." She looks over when Leah speaks to Maggie, watching but not interfering with her at all.

23. - Top - End - #563

Maggie nods at Leah's words as she hops up to sit on the bench, then ruffles through the bag until she finds Saura's Pokeball and releases her.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa, noticing Maggie's actions, reaches into her own bag and pulls out Luna's ball, letting her out to enjoy the heat as well.

Luna is much less happy to be thrust into the heat, but she smiles and waves at Alyssa and Leah and Saura and Maggie.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah keeps a careful eye on Maggie as she rifles through her belongings, making sure everything stayed where it needed to. She grins at Alyssa's comment, glancing to her, "Y-yeah, umm, it's pretty, uh, pretty stifling. We didn't get many summers like this back in, uh, in Kanto but, uh, but we sometimes got summers that were this hot."

At the sound of a pokémon being released, she looked back down to see Saura materialising in a flash of red light. She leans forward, giving her Bulbasaur a scratch at her neck, a slightly guilty weight in her chest as she speaks, "Hey Saura, it's really hot out today. You gonna be ok with the temperature..?"

Show

26. - Top - End - #566

Saura nuzzles against Leah's hand as she goes to scratch her scaly neck and peers up at her. She lets out a happy cry and shakes her head, her bulb twitching slightly in the sun as the tips unfurl to take in a little more of the golden light. Since her body is stocky and her head not particularly flexible, she returns Luna's wave with one of her vines.

Maggie peers at Luna from the bench, then pulls a few nearby sticks towards herself with a pink tendril of energy. She grabs the wrapping from the baked goods and fiddles about with both for a few seconds, then leans down and plants the makeshift sun hat on Luna's head.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Titan in the Playground

Luna cheers at her new sunhat, moving around a bit to make sure that waddling is not too difficult with this new object on her head. Satisifed, she gives a slight bow to Maggie in thanks, trying not to let the hat fall off her head. Her short arms don't do much to help, but she does try to keep it from falling too far.

Alyssa watches, smiling at the Maggie and Luna getting along. "Where I'm from it's never this hot. Always really cold." She sighs but then smiles at Leah. "It wasn't this hot before, was it?"

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah continues to lean forward and give Saura attention as she glances over to Alyssa with a smile, "I've never been somewhere that's always cold before, something to look forward to..." She gives a small shrug, "And I guess, uh, I guess we can ask Sass when we see her if it's always this hot in the mornings. She's been here a few days now."

Show

29. - Top - End - #569
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa smiles. "Yeah, something to, um, look forward to." At mention of Sass, Alyssa looks away from Luna and Maggie to Leah. "When were you and Sass supposed to meet up?"

30. - Top - End - #570

Maggie watches Luna totter about with the hat for a few seconds, then nods at her bow once she finally seems to have it in place. Then she eats the rest of her cookie.

Saura, meanwhile, finds a relatively dry and dustless part of the ground to lay down on and stretched out under the sun.