New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Heights of Londo [IC 4: Turnabout Trainers]

Luna waves at Yraelle, crying happily and smiling. She looks up at Alyssa and continues to stretch as Alyssa does.

Alyssa, having warmed up a bit, looks over at Leah. "You should do a little, at least. Though, um, I don't really know what I'm doing." She looks at Sass and puts on her smile. "Can you show us some easy stretch, Sass?"
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah gives an embarrassed grin, "Ok, yeah, umm... I, uh, I take your points." Dropping into a crouch, she lets Maggie step down to the ground before straightening back up and doing her best to remember her gym classes. She tries to focus on just stretching her legs, but finds herself feeling very self-conscious as she does so. Sheepishly, she comments "It's, uh, it's been a while since I stretched properly. Umm, hopefully I won't slow you down when we get out there."

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

3. - Top - End - #603
    Colossus in the Playground

"Uhhh.! Sass stares at Alyssa with her mouth open, upper lip slightly pulled back. "I mean, I guess I can, but..." She looks to Leah. "How did you walk here with stretches like that?"

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah grows a little redder at Sass' comment, "Well, uh... We, uh, we took our time to be fair..." Straightening up a little, she asks, "Maybe, uh, maybe you could lead me on stretching..? Then, uh, then I'll be good to keep up with you?"

Show

5. - Top - End - #605

Sass' cheeks puff up for a moment. "Okay, let me show you," she says, as she walks over to Leah and starts manually adjusting her limbs to proper stretching positions. "You're not buff at all," she says, as she shifts a leg into position. "Don't you think you'd be cooler with muscles?"

Maggie attempts to lean up against Saura, who neatly sidesteps out of the way. The Gothorita stumbles for a second and pouts.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa watches as Sass adjust's Leah's positioning, trying to match it as she follows along. She hears Sass's comment and lets her mind dwell on the thought before catching Leah's eye and turning a bit red.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah does her best to shift and move along with Sass' prodding, pulling a face whenever she stretched a bit too uncomfortably. "I-I don't know, working out never really appealed to me, umm... Staying, uh, staying really strong seems like it'd, uh, it'd be a big commitment."

As Sass eases her leg into a lunge, she catches Alyssa glancing at her, the other girl's face abruptly reddening as she realises she's been spotted. Blinking, Leah gives her a slightly questioning look.

Show

8. - Top - End - #608

"Yeah...and then you'd have to compete with me," Sass says, then pauses. "And I'd totally kick your butt! I don't wanna, but, y'know..."

9. - Top - End - #609
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa laughs at Sass and Leah. "M-maybe it'd be better if you two didn't have to fight over who's the strongest." She smiles, looking at Leah. "I think you're good just the way you are. But if you wanna, I'd support you." She goes back to trying to follow Leah's motions, doing a bit better but still not perfect.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah gives a faintly embarrassed laugh, joking "I think it might be safest for everyone i-if I didn't train, then."

She's content to allow Sass to continue guiding her stretches, even if she ends up feeling a bit more strained than normal. Once she's done, she gives her young friend a smile, "So! What did you want to do to start?"

Show

11. - Top - End - #611

"Okay, all done then?" Sass asks once both girls finish. "What to do first...um, walk to where the Pokemon are. That sounds good to me. You're not wearing shoes you're gonna ruin, right? 'Cause you're gonna get muddy."

Maggie looks down at her unshod Pokéfeet and frowns.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah smiles and nods, "Sounds good, let's go. I don't mind a bit of mud." She catches Maggie's expression, "Well... Maggie... It'll be a lot harder to carry you through mud, umm... The, uh, the good news is you can only get so muddy..? If you don't mind the, uh, the feeling, it'll be easy to just wash when we're back..?"

Show

13. - Top - End - #613

Maggie looks up at Leah when she answers, then over at Saura, who waddles over to Leah's side now that they're departing, then at Luna, then Yrael. What follows is an exchange of cries between her and the quadrupedal Pokemon that extends even as the girls start walking.

"I want something that's good for fighting Lady Diwyneb," Sass says as they walk. "D'you remember what I told you? About countering her?"

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah nods, "Yup," Her gaze unfocuses a little as she recalls Sass' comments, listing the points on her fingers, "She uses Poison, you think she'll, uh, she'll be expecting Ground-types, you don't think we'll find any Psychic types, and Steel and Ghost types are super rare..." She frowns to herself, trying to recall what types were around Diwyneb.

"... I think... Even if she is expecting Ground, she'll be using Water, Grass, or Ice moves to compensate... Hmm... Are there any Shellos or Turtwig's around here..? They're resistant to two of the three types she might use..?"

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Rolling pokémon knowledge to know about any Steel/Ghost types local to Diwyneb that could be reasonably caught. Failing that, any dual type Ground pokémon that have resistances to at least two of Water/Grass/Ice on their second type (so Ground/Water, Ground/Grass, Ground/Dragon, Ground/Fire)

(4D6+1)[11]
    Last edited by Comissar; 2020-01-20 at 05:49 PM.

Show

15. - Top - End - #615

"I don't know what those are," Sass says, then grabs her Pokedex out of her pocket.

Leah doesn't believe there are any Turtwigs or Shellos around Diwyneb, and the battle sites where one would commonly find Honedge, the perfect fit, are rare in the jungles and swamps that surround the town. But the forest is relatively rife with Pokemon Dark and Ghostly, including the likes of Misdreavus, Phantump, and the predecessor to Shedinja, Nincada. There is also talk of the Pokemon Dreepy having potential to appear in the area, given how hostile Londo as a whole is to Dragon types, but none have actually been spotted.

Whatever conversation was happening between Maggie and Yrael ends as the Gothorita hoists herself onto the other Pokemon's back and it continues strolling happily. Saura watches the pair with a little frown, then runs a little forward to tug on Leah's pant leg with one vine and point at them with the other.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah hums to herself as she thinks. "How... Quickly are you looking to, uh, to battle her..?" She gives Sass a questioning look, "If you're, uh, if you're willing to be patient, you can, uh, you can train up a Nincada to get a Shedinja..? There should also be some ghosts like, uh, like Phantump and Misdreavus in the forests round here..?"

She glances down and back as Saura catches her attention. "Oh!" She grins, dropping into a crouch and giving Saura a fuss around her head, "And, uh, and Saura makes a good point. Umm, if, uh, if Maggie wants to, she could be a big help for you too..?"

Show

17. - Top - End - #617
    Titan in the Playground

As they start walking, Alyssa picks up Luna, not wanting her to trod through all the mud. Luna is quite happy to not have to do so, and generally keeps her eyes open as they wander into the wilds. She listens to Leah and Sass talk but doesn't contribute much herself, not really knowing much about the topic. "Um, if she uses Poison, you'd want to avoid the Pokemon that'd be bad against that, even if they're good against the things she might use to beat the things that beat Poison, right? Like, you don't want to try to beat her surprise and lose to her normal Pokemon." She muses a bit out loud while she keeps a look out for anything interesting in the wilds.

As Maggie is brought up, Alyssa looks over to her and smiles. "It's up to you, Maggie. What do you think?"

18. - Top - End - #618

Sass nods along with Leah's words as she searches for those Pokemon in her Pokedex. "Yeah, gotta avoid stuff that's weak to her main thing. Yeah."

Saura nuzzles against Leah's petting hand and Maggie blinks as she's addressed, half-turning in her mount and pointing at herself with a puzzled cry.

Sass peers at the Pokemon, then at Leah and Alyssa. "Is she good at fighting?"

19. - Top - End - #619
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa shrugs at Sass. "I, um, don't think Maggie has ever really done much fighting, but, um, I guess if she wants." Careful to not step too dangerously in the mud, Alyssa makes her way over to Maggie and bends down a bit to be closer to her eye level. "Sass wants to do Pokemon battles against some Poison-type Pokemon, and we think you might be a big help. D'you wanna help Sass battle?" She points to Sass to indicate who she is, but otherwise focuses on Maggie and her mount.

20. - Top - End - #620

Maggie peers at Alyssa as she's addressed, listening to the artist with obvious attentiveness, then glances at Sass once the request is made. She lets out a few cries and makes a motion with her hand that's similarly to a curtsy. Alyssa gets a telepathic sense of something being requested.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Went ahead and rolled for you; it seems that Maggie wants Sass to ask her politely.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa smiles at nods at Maggie. "I think that's fair. It's not really me who's asking." She stands upright again and looks over at Sass, pointing down. "Why don't you ask her, Sass? I think she wants to know if you'll ask her nicely."

Luna cheers happily from Leah's arms, trying to make a sort of bowing curtsying gesture but from within Alyssa's arm, which is a bit difficult and maybe doesn't help anyone understand what's going on.

22. - Top - End - #622

"Urgh...okay." Sass exhales through her nose, then squats so that she's almost eye-to-eye with Maggie. "Can ya help me out?"

Maggie regards Sass for a few seconds, her head bobbing left and right, until she eventually nods. She turns to the happy Luna and utters a few sounds.

Spoiler: Luna
    Show
    Maggie is asking Luna to lift up one of Alyssa's fingers to show that she'll help one time.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa smiles, taking a moment to notice Luna poking her in the arm. Looking down, she tilts her head a bit as Luna tries to move her hand. Moving a bit so Luna can move her fingers, Alyssa takes a second before she smiles, nods, and holds up one finger to Sass. "Maggie says she'll help you out one time. So, um, guess we might wanna make it count?"

24. - Top - End - #624

Sass frowns, but only for a second. "Yeah, okay. I'll just use her for battling Lady Diwyneb. Done!" She pauses. "But I should catch some stuff anyway." She taps her Pokedex. "Misdreavus seems like it'd be annoying. Wait! Are you two gonna catch anything?"

25. - Top - End - #625
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa shrugs. "Probably? I wasn't, um, planning to but I guess it would be a good chance. I don't really know what's around here, though." She looks at Leah. "What about you, Leah?"

Luna prods Alyssa's arm, pointing over at her bag which makes Alyssa look at her confused. "What are you thinking, Luna?" She tries again, pointing to the bag but Alyssa doesn't seem to quite get it.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah nods her agreement with Sass, "Yeah, uh, Misdreavus would be pretty handy, I think. Ghosts in, uh, in general can be hard to deal with if you're not ready for them." She smiles and shrugs as both of her companions ask if she'll catch anything, "Umm, probably, uh, probably not. I'll, uh, I'll keep an eye out anyway, I might see a Grass type I like, but, umm..." She shrugs again, "I'm not, uh, not too worried about collecting more pokémon."

Show

27. - Top - End - #627

Saura lets out a pleased cry.

"So...I guess we head into the spooky part of the woods?" Sass suggests, as she digs a little hole in the earth at the group's feet. "So we can find a ghost. And keep Maggie out of the way, or she'll be hit first, probably. Can you keep her safe?" she asks Yrael, who's currently serving as Yrael's mount. The Sylveon nods determinedly.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah grins at Saura's happy cry, then nods her agreement, "Sounds like a plan. Saura can help with ghosts if needed, too." She glances to Alyssa, "Good to go..?"

Show

29. - Top - End - #629
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa looks between Leah and Sass and shivers slightly. "G-ghosts sound a bit scary. Is there anything I should do to help?"

She looks over to her bag where Luna is pointing. "Oh, maybe Athe would be helpful here? Do you want back in the bag?" Luna keeps pointing so Alyssa pulls out Athe's ball and releases him into the air. Luna, satisfied, returns to looking around. Alyssa looks around and pulls out Luna's ball too. "Um, maybe you could go into your ball? I dunno how useful you'll be in this mud." To emphasize she lifts up a mud-covered boot. Luna looks down and nods, respectfully letting herself be zapped back into her Pokeball.

Athe perches on Alyssa shoulder and hoots, taking over Luna's job of keeping watch for anything dangerous.

30. - Top - End - #630

"I dunno, but!" Sass half-turns to peer at the other girls. "Make sure you let me catch my Pokemon on my own, okay? I can help you if you want, but mine I want to fight just one on..." she glances at Yrael, "Two."