Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Heights of Londo [IC 4: Turnabout Trainers]

Alyssa at first thinks to protest but instead nods, seeing in Sass the fire of a Pokemon Trainer. "Yeah, um, definitely."
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

2. - Top - End - #632
    Colossus in the Playground

Sass nods. "Thanks."

With that decided, the girls begin their trudge through the mud and into...more mud, but with trees around providing them with shade and significantly more foliage. What was once open ground quickly becomes a shroud that surrounds them. The size of their group seems to keep some of the Pokemon lurking at bay, but not even as many trainers as them can wander freely without being confronted. Athe lets out a cry from above, alerting Alyssa to one such danger.It darts down and hovers a little ways into the nearby trees, drawing the girls' attention to...another couple of young women.

Sass gasps. "I see one! Yrael, come!" She yells, and the Pokemon does just that, as the pair of them dash off after something in the opposite direction. Maggie hops off of the Sylveon just in time, landing on the mud with a squish.

One of the young womenhas pale skin, a large hat, and her muscular form is both exposed with little more than wrappings around her chest and covered in unusual runes. To her left is a woman in a familiar green coat, the hood drawn up, and apparently her waking was interrupted by the Pokemon's sudden squawking in their midst.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa is a bit torn between her dislike of the trudging through the mud and the presence of shade dampening the heat. She herself keeps an eye out, trying to keep from getting taken by surprise, but Athe proves a better detection system than Alyssa herself. Before she can say anything, Sass darts off in the opposite direction. Reaching out, Alyssa starts to say something but stops, remembering her promise. Taking a moment to look at Leah, she makes a small motion to Athe and carefully heads towards the movement she did see, trying her best to remain unnoticed as she moves to get a closer look.

4. - Top - End - #634

Alyssa's attempt at stealth is unfortunately hampered by the squelching mud, as she shoes make several very squishy sounds on top of stepping on a particularly loud stick. Both women look at her, the one in the green coat exhaling through her nose.

"I take it this is your creature?" Misru asks, gesturing to the owl.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I rolled for you and you got nothing but 1s.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah grins as Sass asserts her desire to face the wild pokémon on her own, "Of course! I wouldn't expect otherwise!"

The walk out of town brings some relief from the heat of the day once they hit the tree line, and she finds her spirits lifting, simply enjoying glancing between the trees and shrubs. She glances up to Athe's cry, lowering her gaze to try and spot whatever the pokémon had spotted. Her attention switched back to Sass as she calls out her own sighting, waving her a temporary farewell, "Good luck!"

Her grin fades as the two other girls come into sight. Feeling an uncomfortable clench in her chest as recognition hits her, Leah walks much more hesitantly toward them, standing slightly behind Alyssa. "Ah, umm, hi, uh, hi Misru." She follows Misru's gesture and nods, "Umm, yeah, he's, uh, he's Alyssa's."

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, and Summer Rose by me

6. - Top - End - #636

"Well, could you get it to stop?" Misru asks, raising an eyebrow. "And yes, hello. What are you doing here?"

"Hello, dears." Palla smiles at the girls.
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2020-03-04 at 11:15 AM.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah gives Alyssa a brief glance, then looks back to Misru, "U-umm, we're, uh, we're helping Sass with, uh, with her preparations for, uh, for battling the, uh, the Lady." She gives Palla an uncertain smile and bob of her head, "U-umm, are, uh, are you here to, uh, to try and work on, uh, work on figuring out the, uh, the runes..?"

Show

8. - Top - End - #638

Misru's lips purse for a moment. "I suppose that would be the logical conclusion, yes."

"It was meant to be a secret quest," Palla whispers behind her hand.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa nods and calls, "Athe!" who flies back to her and perches on her outstretched left hand, moving over to her shoulder when Alyssa brings her hand over. She tries to be respectful and not stare at the runes covering Palla's body, which in the end means she is looking Palla and Misru in the eyes the entire time. "S-sorry, um, there was a Pokemon that ran over here." Turning around, she then looks at Leah. "Actually, um, I think Sass saw one and went the other way."

10. - Top - End - #640

"Who is this Sass? Tell me all about her," Palla requests, leaning in a little.

"Must they?" Misru asks.

"Yes. Yes they must." Palla smirks.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah hesitates, glancing between Palla and Misru. "Umm... Sass, uh, Sass is a friend from, uh, from Sorland Town." She gives Misru a brief look, then turns her attention back to Palla, "She's, uh, she's a really driven trainer. Umm, she, uh, she wants to try and take on the league." She can't help but grin, "I, uh, I think she'll be able to do it, too."

Show

12. - Top - End - #642

Misru is waiting with a face that is obviously impassive.

"How lovely! And you're lending her your aid, very kind of you." Palla nods. "I suppose we'd better let you get back to it..."

13. - Top - End - #643
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa bows respectfully, which takes Athe a bit by surprise. He flutters in the air until she stands back upright, pecking her annoyed in the ear. "Sorry to, um, run in on you. Have a good day! Oh, um, there might be a Ghost Pokemon around here somewhere." She looks around to see if the Pokemon Athe saw is still nearby, and if the coast is clear heads off towards where she thinks Sass went unless Leah stops her.

14. - Top - End - #644

"There most certainly are," Misru replies with a nod.

"Aha. Haha. Ahahaha," Palla laughs.

Show
    I may have made a mistake somewhere; I was thinking of having Athe spot a Pokemon but I got frustrated thinking of an appropriate one and decided to have Athe spot these two instead. There'll be another chance to spot one soon.)

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah hesitates at Palla's reaction, then gives Misru a questioning look, "U-umm, are, uh, are you looking for ghosts too, then..? Do, uh, do you think that's the, uh, the solution for Palla..?"

Show

16. - Top - End - #646

"She's laughing because we both have Ghost Pokemon. It's hilarious," Misru answers Leah's look. "We're looking for a particular Ghost Pokemon."

As Alyssa moves back to follow Sass, she sees that the young girl is caught in a battle with what seems to be a Misdreavus. The Ghost Pokemon. It has just come out of hiding and unleashed a blast of energy on the fire-snared Yrael the Sylveon, who, upon Sass' command, unleashes an orb of shadowy energy that, despite the Misdreavus' attempted doges, ends up nailing it. It lets out a cry, and Alyssa, with all her knowledge of catching, can tell now would be an ideal time for it (Though would be better with a status inflincted).

17. - Top - End - #647
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa, remembering her promise, keeps Athe from interfering in the battle, staying back to observe Sass's battle. She takes a moment to catch Yrael's attack in her memory, noting it for later. When she sees Misdreavous get hit, she calls out, "Go for it now, Sass!"

Show
    She'll have to draw it later, but can I guess Yrael was using Shadow Ball there?

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah nods slowly at Misru's explanation, feeling a little awkward at missing the joke. She rubs behind her neck as she replies, "Oh, ok... Umm... Do, uh, do you want some help looking..? I-Is it a Misdreavus you're, uh, you're looking for..? Or, uh, or something else?"

Show

19. - Top - End - #649

Sass snatches a Pokeball from her belt and hurls it at the reeling Ghost, the Pokeball snapping open at the last second to unleash a red haze that surrounds the Misdreavus. The Pokeball hits the forest floor, crinkling a few leaves as it lands, as it rumbles, as it trembles once, twice, three times...and seals with a beep.

Show
    Correct, that was Shadow Ball.

~

"It's in the Dusk," Misru answers with a sigh. "Hence why we were attempting to sneak through."

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah feels a sense of unease settle on her as Misru talks about sneaking into the Dusk. "... U-umm... I, uh, I mean... If, uh, if it's to help, then... Uh, could you not, uh, could you not just ask to be let in..?" She fidgets with her bag strap, "If, uh, if you get caught sneaking, wouldn't you, uh, you get in trouble..?"
    Last edited by Comissar; 2020-03-15 at 03:22 AM.

Show

21. - Top - End - #651

"There is roughly no chance of an errant Knight being allowed it," Misru says, looking at Palla. "And you may only enter alone, as part of the challenge. Neither of us is capable of of finishing the mission without the other. Besides, they'd likely contact my sister and explaining myself via courier would take too long. I'm more confident in our chances of escaping whatever's in the Dusk than dealing with the fuss of getting in."

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah looks a little confused, "You'd, uh, you'd need permission from, uh, from the Professor..?" She's thoughtful for a moment, then "I mean, uh, if, uh, if I'm her assistant, could I speak for her..? Would it work like that..?"

Show

23. - Top - End - #653

"No, but she is a known figure, and I am her sister. I do not want her bothering me about why I'm going there," Misru answers.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa smiles and pumps a fist. "Nice one, Sass!" She walks over to her, careful not to trip in the mud. "Now you got a Ghost Pokemon on your team."

25. - Top - End - #655

"Yep!" Sass agrees, as she jogs over and scoops up the Pokeball with a smirk. "Good job, Yrael!" She calls to the Sylveon, who runs to her side and and flicks his tail with obvious pride, bouncing on his paws excitedly despite the battle damage he took. "I've gotta think of a name, and a good introduction, and stuff like that now... What do Ghosts eat?"

26. - Top - End - #656
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa shrugs. "I, um, I dunno? I think some of them might just eat magic or something? But, um, I dunno much about Misdreavous." She looks down at Yrael with a smile. "You're both pretty awesome." Athe hoots on Alyssa's shoulder, and turns to look around rather than engaging Sass or Yrael. "It takes me a while to come up with a good name, so I'm not sure I'd be much help. I've got so many pieces that are just whatever they're of."

27. - Top - End - #657

"What, like Bridge With People On It?" Sass asks, as she stares at the ball for a second, then snaps her fingers. "Oh, I can just check my Pokedex!" She pulls the device out, links the ball to it, then studies the screen for a few seconds. "Hey, can I whisper something to you?" she asks, gesturing for Alyssa to come closer.

Spoiler: If Alyssa leans in
    Show
    "BOO!" Sass yells.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa laughs. "I always forget I have one of those." She gives Sass a weird look when she asks, but leans in only to be startled back when Sass yells. It takes much of her balance to not fall over, and she shouts, "Sass!" putting out her tongue. "Well, was there anything else you were looking for out here?"

29. - Top - End - #659

"It says that Misdreavus scares people and feeds on their fear," Sass explains, though she does have a wicked smirk. "But, uh, I probably should have let her out for that. Maybe we should scare Leah..." With Alyssa's next question, she shrugs. "Just training, I guess."

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah rubs behind her neck, a sense of discomfort in her chest. "W-well, umm, be, uh, be careful. And good luck, too." She glances off in the direction Alyssa left in, then back to the pair, giving them a bob of her head as she does, "I, uh, I probably ought to, uh, to get back to Alyssa and Sass. U-umm, good luck again."

Turning away, she starts to walk back along the route Alyssa took.

Show