New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Heights of Londo [IC 4: Turnabout Trainers]

The Smeargle considers the question for a moment, then points his tail at the Minior rolling about on the floor.

Waye heads over to the partially open door, then lets out a squeal and stumbles back.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah closes her eyes, sags a little and sighs at the Smeargle's answer. Visions of the same conversation she'd already had with Waye playing out all over again floating in her mind. Waye's squeal snaps her attention over to her, though, and she rises off the bed and moves to join her, concern in her voice as she does so. "What? What's wrong?"

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

3. - Top - End - #63

A face peers out of the doorway, pale with eyes covered by circular sunglasses and a head of expertly-groomed pink hair.

"Oh, terribly sorry, Waye." The young woman steps out of the room and giggles behind her hand. "I was just leaving the bathroom. If only I'd known you were coming in." She says, as she offers a hand to Waye. She's clad in suit, tailored to fit her form, much like the business-people Leah saw much more often in Kanto.

"Scared me..." Waye mutters, as she takes the other girl's hand and is helped to her feet. "this is Nowa." She says, as she looks back at Leah. "She's my friend."

Nowa curtsys with an imaginary skirt.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa, not noticing anything of any interest in the room itself, moves over to the bed near Maggie and Nika. She splits her attention between watching Leah trying to interact with Waye's Smeargle and watching Nika as she starts to do her work. Enough is happening for her to watch that she doesn't open her sketch pad, instead trying to keep track of both Leah and Nika at the same time. She giggles when Leah has less luck with the Smeargle, getting up to help. "What I think my friend means is, did you meet any Pokemon you really got along with?"

When Waye cries out, Alyssa jumps up, putting a hand to her chest once she realizes nothing bad has happened. She bows her head politely to Nowa when she is introduced. "N-nice to meet you, Nowa. I'm Alyssa."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I think if I'm using Let Me Help With That, Comissar gets to reroll with a +3 on the charm check.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah gives Alyssa a grateful look as she steps in to help her with the Smeargle, then turns her attention over to Nowa, greeting her with a smile and bob of her head, "Umm, I'm, uh, I'm Leah. It's nice to, uh, to meet you." She glances over to Waye, then back to Nowa, "Umm, Waye, uh, Waye asked if we could help her figure out where, uh, where her Smeargle egg came from. Umm, I don't, uh, I don't suppose you have, uh, have any ideas..?"
    Last edited by Comissar; 2019-03-16 at 06:23 AM.

Show

6. - Top - End - #66

The Smeargle slowly nods its head with Alyssa's explanation, then points at Minior.

"A pleasure." Nowa says to the girls. When she's questioned, she taps her chin. "Why, I don't think I know anything."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa shrugs at Smeargle's response, smiling at Leah. "Y-you, um, look kinda silly with a pink streak on your face."

She doesn't seem surprised by Nowa's response, going back to sitting by Nika and Maggie. "W-well, Waye, I think I'm stumped. D-do you know wh-what you want to do with the egg?"

8. - Top - End - #68

"Oh, let me go and get that..." Waye slips into the other room and returns with a wet, but not dripping towel, that she offers to Leah. She shrugs at the question. "I don't know. Something, probably."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa smiles. "Well, um, I think with eggs you're supposed to keep them with you and if you treat them right they're supposed to hatch." She looks over at Smeargle. "I guess this must be your egg but I dunno where it came from."

Looking over at Nowa, she says, "S-so, um, if you d-don't mind me asking, where did you and your Minior meet?"

10. - Top - End - #70

The Smeargle apparently disregards Alyssa in favor of hopping over to the bed Nika is on. She presents him with what seems to be half of a Pokeball, which he happily starts to paint.

Nowa smiles at Alyssa and tucks her hands into her pockets. "I met Minior during a visit to Alola. It is a terribly humid place; I hoped to learn about some of the regional variations that are particularly popular there. Like the humble Vulpix, I hoped to be carried along the Alolan winds to a form crystalline and beautiful." She flicks her hair to the side, making her bangs bounce. "It was not quite as dramatic a metamorphosis, but I'd hardly say I look worse for the visit."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa nods. "Oh, cool. I don't think I've ever been to Alola, b-but we did meet someone from there. But s-since you traveled there, I'm guessing you're not from there, s-so, um, where did you travel from?" She smiles, trying to make her voice more friendly and curious.

12. - Top - End - #72

"Sinnoh, of course. Where else could you find a maiden so fair?" Nowa grins.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa laughs a bit, smiling. "I sh-should have known. T-to be honest I haven't met many people from Sinnoh. Nice to meet you." She bows her head respectfully to Nowa. Pointing towards Minior, she asks, "Does it, um, normally bounce around like that? I feel like rolling into the wall over and over again is bad. Is that how it moves around?"

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah gratefully accepts the offered towel, giving Alyssa an embarrassed smile as she does. Wiping at her face to try and get the paint off, she looks back to the Smeargle thoughtfully. Seeing him start to paint a pokéball half, she frowns to herself. She looks back to Waye, "Umm, can, uh, can I take another look at the egg..?"

Show

15. - Top - End - #75

"I'm still from Sinnoh." Waye points out.

"Hmm? Why, yes, it is." Nowa says. "It's rather like a bouncy ball. Don't you think that would be fun, if you could do it?"

"What? Uh, yeah." Waye shifts over to Leah and takes the egg out of her pack. It looks much like it did before,

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah holds a hand out, hoping to take the egg this time, "Umm, do you, uh, do you mind if I take a closer look at it..?"

Show

17. - Top - End - #77

Waye digs into her pack and hands the whole egg over to Leah. It weights...probably the amount a Pokemon egg is meant to weigh, as far as she can tell.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa laughs a bit at Waye's response, turning a bit red. "Y-yeah, um, I remember. Y-you two would be, um, the first two I've met, I mean." She smiles at the two of them. "D-did you two meet while you were traveling, or, um, do you know each other from before you left home?"

19. - Top - End - #79

"I know her from Sinnoh." Waye answers. "She's always been weird, so I'm used to it."

"Only one of us is wearing Lopunny ears." Nowa points out with a smirk. "You know, she used to hop up to my house and ask to play."

"...she also sucks." Waye adds.
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2019-03-17 at 02:39 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa giggles at Nowa and Waye's banter. "I n-never really had a friend like that, s-so it's nice to see some people like that." Smiling, she points at the ears. "Why, um, are you wearing the ears?"

21. - Top - End - #81

Waye stares at Alyssa. "Because I'm adorable. Duh."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah turns the egg over in her hands a couple of times, then sighs to herself. She'd hoped that it'd turn out to be something painted to look like a Smeargle egg. But the egg in her hands stubbornly continued to be an actual egg. Setting it carefully down out of the way, she ran a hand through her hair and looked over to Waye's Smeargle again, tuning out Alyssa's conversation with the two trainers from Sinnoh for the moment. If it wasn't something that was painted, and it had appeared in a closed room overnight, then it had to have come from somewhere in the room. But the only two pokémon were the Smeargle and the Minoir...

Leah rubbed a hand against her forehead.

The Smeargle is male and Minoir's are genderless, so how..?

She stopped, frowning, then pulled out her pokédex. Holding it up, she tried scanning in first the Smeargle in order to confirm it as male, then the Minoir. Double checking the Smeargle was simply to make sure she wasn't being foolish, but checking the Minoir would let her test a hunch.

Show

23. - Top - End - #83

Leah's Pokedex scans the Smeargle and correctly identifies it as such. When she goes to scan the Minior, it takes a few moments before registering it as Minior's core form.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa smiles at Waye's response, then looks over to notice Leah using her Pokedex. "You got an idea, Leah?" She wanders over to her and looks at the screen. "Minior's core form? What's that mean?"

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah feels herself deflate a little at her pokédex's identifications. At hearing her name, she glances up to Alyssa, then back down to the pokédex in her hands, shaking her head with a frown. "... No... It doesn't, uh, it doesn't make sense to me..." She contents herself with answering an easier question instead, turning her attention to the Minior, "Well, uh, the, uh, the core form is what Minior's have under their shell. They, uh, they don't stay in it for, uh, for very long. It can be dangerous for them so, uh, so they'll make a shell, or, uh, or retreat to a pokéball." Her frown deepens as she speaks, watching the Minior apparently quite content in its core form. "... Umm..."

Turning her attention to Nowa, she asks, "Does, uh, does your Minior not like having its, uh, its shell..?"

Show

26. - Top - End - #86

"Uh, no." Nowa says as she leans against the wall. "Prefers to spend their time in their most beautiful form. I think perhaps the other Minior simply have no sense of style."

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah keeps her eyes on the Minior as she continues, a faint smile starting to show as she feels like she's solving the mystery, "And, umm, did, uh, did you find it on, uh, on Mount Hokulani..? Was it, uh, was it already in its core form..?" She winces a little at the pronunciation of the mountain name, worried that she may have mangled it a little.

Show

28. - Top - End - #88

"You know...I think that may have been the case." Nowa twirls a lock of pink hair around her finger. "Why ever do you ask?"

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah fidgets a little, looking up to Nowa from her sitting position, "Well, uh, I, uh, I might know what's going on..." She rests her hands either side of herself on the bed, "So, uh, the egg must have, uh, must have come from somewhere. And, uh, and your Smeargle's not been around any, uh, any pokémon other than, uh, other than, uh, other than Nowa's Minior," She nods over to Nowa, "Umm, and, uh, Minior's can't, uh, can't stay in their core form too long. Umm, it's, uh, it's really dangerous for them to, uh, to do it." She glances around at the other girls in the room as she explains, "And, well, Ditto's can, uh, can be found in the, uh, the same place as Minior's... So... Umm... I think, uh, I think your Minior might, uh, might actually be a Ditto..?"
    Last edited by Comissar; 2019-03-18 at 09:57 AM.

Show

30. - Top - End - #90

Waye furrows her brow. Nika looks up from her Pokeball bit-sorting. Maggie turns her head. Smeargle sits there. Minior keeps bouncing around.

"That's...a bold suggestion!" Nowa taps a finger to her lips. "But, have you any way to prove it's true?"