New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Heights of Londo [IC 4: Turnabout Trainers]

Assurances heard, Leah nods and turns to the interface for the dance machine. Pressing a few buttons, then inserting her token, she rolled her shoulders and stepped onto the platform in front of the screen. The tune that was playing was one she was familiar with, but also one that she hadn't heard in some time. As the slightly tinny music picked up pace, she bobbed from side to side. And then the arrows started coming in, an on-screen dancer moving impeccably in time to the song, setting a rhythm to be matched. Leah moves alongside the on-screen dancer. At first not moving much more than just her feet as she works to find her rhythm, as well as working to shake off any lingering worries of embarrassing herself. As she gets more into the dancing Leah grows more animated, doing her best to match the example dancer's movements down to the shimmies and the shakes, a grin on plastered across her face as she does.

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

2. - Top - End - #962
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa ponders Utha's words. "You think there's someone out there who battles like I talk to people?" She pauses, looking at Maggie as she eats, then turns back to Utha. "You think they'd be any good?" Giggling a bit, she smiles. "Sorry if I'm putting a lot on you. You're probably the best person I know at battling besides maybe my brother. I was always a bit interested in seeing how people battle, watching and trying to make it an image, but, um, I never thought that much about how I wanted to battle, I guess. Or if I wanted to be in that moment."
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

3. - Top - End - #963
    Colossus in the Playground

Leah

Leah dances, wrapped up in the moment and unaware of anything else that happens in the room. By the time she's finished with her engrossing dance, which ends up with a respectable score, she turns back to find Pudin watching her with a bittersweet smile.

"You were really good," Junio says softly. "How're you feeling? Need some water? Deodorant?" she asks, patting her bag.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I forogt to answer about the dance roll thing because I wrote the last post over a while, my bad.

~

Alyssa

Maggie is still happily nomming on her floating food, not paying much attention to the conversation.

"It's perfectly fine, you're only asking questions! There are a lot of trainers who battle like that! A lot of people who use Fairy types do, but others, too. It all depends on the trainer, what works best for them, it's simply that I've undertaken Knight training and that doesn't often revolve around using charm." Utha licks her lips as she eyes her next bite of dinner. "And I suppose you haven't spent time with trainers like that. The girl your, ah, girlfriend was arguing with was a trainer, wasn't she?"

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah takes a few moments to catch her breath as the dance game finishes, stepping off the platform as she turns to Juno with a grin. It takes her a moment to recognise Juno's expression, a mixture of confusion and concern settling on her own face. She nods at the offer of both water and deodorant, "Yeah, uh, please." Accepting the proferred items, she starts with the water, taking a small drink before asking, "Are, uh, are you ok..? You seem a bit down..?"

Show

5. - Top - End - #965
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa nods. "Yeah. Sass is just starting out, but she's learned a lot. She's probably better at battling than I am." She looks down at her hands, squeezing them together and then relaxing them. "I'm not sure how she thinks of me. I wasn't sure before and then that fight happened." Turning to Utha, she smiles. "I don't think she and I would battle at all the same."

6. - Top - End - #966

Leah

"Yeah, I'm..." Juno lets out a sigh. "You just got me thinking about home, and my friends there, and how far away it is, and...yeah. Not your fault." She rummages through her pack for a moment, then pulls out a can of Butterfree Fresh deodorant. "And it's going to suck when you leave town."

~

Alyssa

A thoughtful frown flickers across Utha's face. "I think you're right; she did seem like a particularly forceful sort of person. Would you like me to write a letter to my sponsor on your behalf? I'm certain that she'd know somebody who could help you learn how to train. It ought to cost less than the lovely things she's bought for me, or if not, you could paint something for her! One of your paintings would be worth a year of training," she says, nodding at her own words.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ettin in the Playground

The confusion drops away from Leah's expression, leaving just the concern. Her gaze falls as she tries to work out what to say, "... Sorry. It's, uh, it's hard. Missing home." She looks up again, giving Juno a small smile, "If, uh, if it's any consolation. Umm, we're not planning on leaving for, uh, for a while yet." She adds a small shrug, "I'd be up for, uh, for hanging out some more while we're still here."

Show

8. - Top - End - #968

"Ugh, doesn't this just make me sound desperate?" Juno asks, running a hand through her hair and smiling nonetheless. "I think that would be fun. Especially if you're sticking around for a while. Maybe you could even fill in shifts for me..." she muses with an obviously teasing tone.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    A thoughtful frown flickers across Utha's face. "I think you're right; she did seem like a particularly forceful sort of person. Would you like me to write a letter to my sponsor on your behalf? I'm certain that she'd know somebody who could help you learn how to train. It ought to cost less than the lovely things she's bought for me, or if not, you could paint something for her! One of your paintings would be worth a year of training," she says, nodding at her own words.
    Alyssa turns a bit red and smiles. "Would your sponsor like to help a traveling artist? I'm gonna be in town for a bit but not that long, so, um, I wouldn't mind it but I dunno how that would work." She looks down at her hands. "I haven't really done any painting since I got to town. I guess there's just been...a lot going on."

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah grins, bumping Juno with her shoulder, "I don't think I'd, uh, I'd be any good at that. At least, uh, at least not the way you serve people. I've not got that kind of energy in me." She then shakes her head, "And, uh, and I don't think wanting to hang out with people makes you desperate."

Show

11. - Top - End - #971

Alyssa

"I'm not certain, but she was very generous with me, and I'm not nearly as accomplished a warrior as you are a painter. And she does enjoy fine things," Utha says, as she takes a mouthful and the sleeve of her luxurious robe rolls up her arm. "I'm sorry to hear that there has been a lot going on. I don't know whether you'd want to talk about it? Or perhaps a subject for your painting?"

~

Leah

"Hearing you say that makes it better. A little," Juno says, a feigned eye-narrowing in response to the bump. "Want to hit up another game? Pick out a few prizes? Dance some more?"

12. - Top - End - #972

Leah

More time passes by at the arcade and Leah finds herself leaving with just about anything she could have wanted from the Abra-authorized prize gallery. Juno's luck proves about as good as before, but she does seem to have fun. But the figurative hand ticks over and they depart, with Leah accompanying the takeaway idol to er home. Home is a word which here generously refers to a small prefab on the far side of the foreign quarter, near the walls, with a splitting line down the center and a door on either side.

Juno opens the door to reveal her room beyond, which is roughly the same size as Leah's bedroom back in Sorland Town. One quarter of it is a sectioned-off kitchen, another seems to lead into a bathroom with a door that's currently ajar, while the rest is a combination of bedroom and living room. The floor is hard wood, still new, with a simple patterned rug with a couple of cushions sitting beside a baby blue futon. A couple of shelves are embedded in the plain papered walls with a few knicknacks, like a dance trophy, a couple of prizes Leah recognizes from the arcade, and a single Pokedollar sitting in a jar. A set of shoes are lined up by the door, along with a stuffed backpack and a small trash can.

"So...this is my where I live," Juno says with a halfhearted gesture inside. "It has everything you need. That last word's doing a lot of heavy lifting there, just so you know."

13. - Top - End - #973
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah grins and nods at the suggestion of some more games, "Sounds good, I, uh, I might not dance again for, uh, for a bit though." As the evening continues she finds that her lucky streak continues, having good fun throughout. By the time the pair leave, she's carrying a Squirtle plush and has a new Bulbasaur charm for her pokégear. She accompanies Juno back with amiable conversation, paying attention to their surroundings as they go to help keep a mental map of the area.

When they arrive at Juno's, Leah tries not to look underwhelmed by the small living space. "It, uh, it looks... Cozy..?" She gives Juno a faintly embarrassed smile, "I guess, uh, I guess entertaining guests isn't the, uh, the easiest thing..?"

Show

14. - Top - End - #974

"It's great. You can fit three whole people, if someone's willing to sit on your lap," Juno replies with a wry smile. "I mean, I shouldn't complain, really. It doesn't cost much and it has everything I need, so..." she shrugs, placing her pack beside the row of shoes. "Do you want some water? I've got...two types. Tap and bathroom."

15. - Top - End - #975
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa

"I'm not certain, but she was very generous with me, and I'm not nearly as accomplished a warrior as you are a painter. And she does enjoy fine things," Utha says, as she takes a mouthful and the sleeve of her luxurious robe rolls up her arm. "I'm sorry to hear that there has been a lot going on. I don't know whether you'd want to talk about it? Or perhaps a subject for your painting?"
    Alyssa smiles. "If you, um, wanted to ask her, I wouldn't mind. I am sort of open to work right now, so if she's looking for something I can try my hand." She shakes her head at Utha's offer, though still smiles. "I, um, am getting over some things. Not sure how much I can really talk about, since I'm not really over anything yet. It's a long process. But you're right, I might need to find a good subject for a painting. Maybe get back to work on what I was doing before." She looks down at her hands. "I lost a bit of sight on my goal between everything. I guess maybe I shouldn't have been so distracted."

16. - Top - End - #976
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah grins at Juno's sardonic comments, "I guess it's best to, uh, to make sure you're on good terms with your guests if there's more than one, then." Leah slips her shoes off, setting them beside the row already present, before moving further into the room. "Some water sounds good. Probably tap rather than, uh, than bathroom, though."

Show

17. - Top - End - #977

Alyssa

"Then I'll make certain to send her a letter tomorrow morning," Utha says with a firm nod. Her smile falters a bit at Alyssa's explanation of her woes. "I...cannot offer you any advice on things you don't want to talk about, but I definitely believe that it's perfectly fine to let yourself get distracted sometimes. Of you do nothing but one thing, then you won't be able to appreciate all the other things."

~

Leah

"I mostly just...don't have people over? More space for me," Juno says, stretching her arms out wide and taking just about all of the width of where she stands as she strolls through to the kitchen area and pours Leah a cool glass of water. "Weird question, but have you ever thought about what kind of place you want to live in when you're older?"

18. - Top - End - #978
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa

"Then I'll make certain to send her a letter tomorrow morning," Utha says with a firm nod. Her smile falters a bit at Alyssa's explanation of her woes. "I...cannot offer you any advice on things you don't want to talk about, but I definitely believe that it's perfectly fine to let yourself get distracted sometimes. Of you do nothing but one thing, then you won't be able to appreciate all the other things."
    Alyssa brightens a bit at Utha's support. "Thank you, Utha. You're really good to me. I, um, I'm sorry, I feel a bit like I'm taking a lot from you and not being as thankful as I should be." She nods at Utha's supporting words. "You're right, the things I've been doing haven't stopped me from going for my goals. They're things I care about doing, too, so they're important." With determination, she pumps a fist in the air. "I can still get my dreams."

Smiling, she looks over at Maggie. "I guess I should be thankful for what I have, too. Even if I still have more to go to get my dreams, I have a lot of good right now." She looks over at Utha and then gasps. "Sorry, I spent our entire time talking about myself when I meant to be trying to make up for before."
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2021-06-10 at 01:25 AM.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ettin in the Playground

"That's... Fair enough, I guess." Leah gives Juno a wan smile, "Sounds, uh, sounds kinda lonely, though. Umm, you've, uh, you've gotta make sure you're not just living for work." She blinks at Juno's questions, then shakes her head, "No, uh, not really. Umm, I've not really had to. I guess..." She leans her head back slightly, looking up at the ceiling, "I would've said, uh, somewhere quiet in the country with, uh, with a garden I could do stuff with. But... But with what I've been missing since, uh, since coming to Londo..? Maybe somewhere in the city would, uh, would be better..?" She looks back to Juno and shrugs, "I'm, uh, not sure. Why do you ask..?"

Show

20. - Top - End - #980

Alyssa

Maggie imitates Alyssa's fist-pump when she looks at her, though the effect is mitigated by a mouthful of noodles.

"Oh, that? That's no trouble at all. I'd forgotten about it," Utha says with a smile to match hers. "And it's quite good enough to see you smiling like that. That's the job of a Knight, after all, to make sure people can go on having those smiles."

~

Leah

Leah's drifting gaze finds that the ceiling is just as featureless as the rest of the room.

"Maybe one of those places out East will be more built up by the time you're old enough," Juno muses. "And I dunno, honestly. I was just thinking, I wanted to live in a Lady's castle or whatever and that's not happening. I don't know where I want to go, aside from back to Kanto..." She steps around and hands the glass over to Leah.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa giggles at Maggie. She turns back to Utha as she replies and smiles. "You're sure? It means a lot that you would still want to be my friend after that. I think you'll be a great Knight."

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah shrugs, accepting the water off of Juno as she turns her attention back to her host. "I mean, uh, Whitebeam might, uh, might be the place to go. With the corporations having, uh, having their bases there, I imagine they'll, uh, they'll probably modernise it pretty, uh, pretty quickly."

Water in hand, and with Juno apparently ready to relax, Leah seats herself on one of the cushions by the futon. She grins a little as she continues, "So, uh, I actually got to stay with, uh, with Lord Bastille for a little while. It was where I met Alyssa, in fact. Umm, it was pretty cool, really felt like I'd gone back in time. Really big place, lots of, uh, of history to it. Maybe you could, uh, could try looking for work in a noble's place..?"

Show

23. - Top - End - #983

Alyssa

"Of course I'd still want to be your friend. You're sweet and talented and pretty..." Utha lists, a smile drifting on her lips. "I think anyone is lucky to be your friend, Alyssa. And Leah is...double as lucky as that. And your Pokemon, too!" she adds, as she finishes off the last of the food on her plate.

~

Leah

Juno sits herself on the remaining cushion and leans right back so she's resting against the wall, her legs splayed out in front of her. Her brow furrows at the mention of Lord Bastille.

"Isn't...isn't Bastille Town where that thing with the technology went wrong and his daughter got all...uhh...well, it was bad, wasn't it?"

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah's smile rapidly wilts and her eyes fall to her lap as Juno reminds her of the injuries Macha suffered. "... Y-yeah... It, uh, it was pretty bad..." She's quiet for a few moments, before adding, "... I, uh, I hope she's recovering ok..."

Show

25. - Top - End - #985

Juno's good cheer seems to fade alongside Leah's, her head tilting as she tries to catch the other girl's eyes. "You okay over there? Did you get to know her while you were in Bastille Town?"

26. - Top - End - #986
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa

"Of course I'd still want to be your friend. You're sweet and talented and pretty..." Utha lists, a smile drifting on her lips. "I think anyone is lucky to be your friend, Alyssa. And Leah is...double as lucky as that. And your Pokemon, too!" she adds, as she finishes off the last of the food on her plate.
    Alyssa blushes. "You, uh, you're very nice, Utha. I, um, I am not sure everyone thinks the same, but I am happy you think so." She smiles as Utha does and then looks down at her plate. "How was your food?"

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah closes her eyes, letting out a soft sigh. "Not, uh, not as well as Alyssa. But..." She glances up, seeing Juno looking over to her. "I, uh... Was in the crowd to, uh, to see Macha get injured. It... It was really bad... Umm... Someone tampered with, uh, with the braces for her legs and... Yeah... Her, uh, h-her legs got crushed." She shakes her head, "We, uh, we tried to find out who, uh, who was behind it. But, uh, but we didn't manage to figure it out. Umm, Lord, uh, Lord Bastille even thought I might've done it at, uh, at one point."

She glances back to Juno again, a wan smile on her face, "Uh, sorry, didn't, uh, didn't mean to be a downer."

Show

28. - Top - End - #988

Alyssa

"Then those people should think harder, in my opinion," Utha says, then flashes a smile. "It was lovely, which I suppose was the point. It looks like Maggie hasn't quite finished hers..." she says, which is true, as the much smaller creature has only so big a mouth to nom through her meal. She does seem to be enjoying it, at least. "Is there anything you'd like to do while you're here? Talk some more? Oh, or you could start sketching something!"

~

Leah

Juno's eyes get wider and wider through Leah's telling of the tale, until she finishes with a shake of her head. "No, you're good, just...that's some story you have, there. I don't think you'd hurt anyone. Not on purpose, anyway. Maybe stumble into them, step on their toes or something..."

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah gives a wry smile, "H-heh. For, uh, for what it's worth, Lord Bastille doesn't, uh, doesn't think it was me any more. I, uh, I doubt he'd have, uh, have sent us out into Londo if, uh, if he did." She shakes her head again, "But... Yeah... It, uh, it wasn't good."

Leah stays quiet a few moments, rubbing behind her neck before she speaks again, "... Sorry. I, uh, I know you said it's fine, but I feel like I've, uh, I've dragged the evening down now." She looks over to Juno with an uncertain smile, "I had fun, though. Getting to play arcade games again. It, uh, it was good."

Show

30. - Top - End - #990

Juno stares at Leah for a few moments. "Can I get a hug?"